IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4289 3 years ago

Hey, technically only a wanna-be member. I am very interested in this game but my wife is not very excited about it. I like games with deep rule sets and long plays (i.e. Simpsons PB, LotR) but she likes more straight forward shooters with more basic rules (i.e. Taxi, AFM). However we both like our Indiana Jones which has some deep rules, she likes it because as she says "I know what I am supposed to do". I am trying to convince her but watching game play the rules look pretty complex. Is this game fun for someone who isn't interested in learning a bunch of rules?

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

AIQ is one of those great games with VERY deep, complex rules, but with an extremely straightforward "first layer" that allows newer players to make cool stuff happen. Hit the cool spinning disc a few times to make it raise up, then shoot under it to start your choice of modes. Bash the Thor captive ball a few times to start a nice, exciting multiball. That's enough to keep most people happy right there. Then dig as deep as you want from there. Want a little more...try to hit each of the major shots multiple times to collect all the Avengers which starts the super unique Soul Gem mode. And there is tons more where that came from...

Hey thanks a lot.

Any thoughts on this verses Jurassic Park (2019)?

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No problem. I actually just kind of answered this in a TMNT thread comparing the three machines, so I'm just going to copy/paste the JP part of that here (check the TMNT thread if you want the whole comparison)...
"JP...eh. I had a super strong honeymoon period with it, but once that was over it was REALLY over. I have had very little urge to play it again. Good game, but it just didn't pull me in and I didn't find the shots or most of the modes all that satisfying (except T-Rex modes...those rock. Paddocks are a boring slog.). I freely admit I'm the oddball on that one though, and it's a well loved game for a reason."
I would say depth and complexity is fairly similar between AIQ and JP. As for that "first layer", I think AIQ has an advantage here, but JP is not terrible in that regard. It's just not quite as intuitive for first timers. Both are loaded with unique shots and rules, but for me personally AIQ is much more satisfying in both regards. The bulk of JP is playing the paddock modes, which I found to feel very repetitive and kind of a slog to get through. The bulk of AIQ is in the gem quests, and I found them all to be completely unique with a feel of their own. I will give JP props on the T-Rex modes though...those are awesome and unique and I can't really correlate anything in AIQ to them. At the moment, JP probably wins for better/more late game content, but AIQ is still a work in progress and once Thanos is back in the code, that could swing the other direction.
Both are great games. In the end, JP just wasn't a keeper for me, but I'm glad I had it for awhile. I could see having a change of heart with it someday and owning another, but for now I have had my fill and I do not really miss it much. AIQ I am still in the honeymoon with, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a long term keeper here. I really love everything about it from the layout, to the rules, to the A/V assets, to the art. It's a total package for me.
Best of luck...you can't really go wrong!

Thanks again, very helpful.

1 year later
#10986 1 year ago

Sorry if this is a frequently asked question. I did search the thread but I didn't see a clear answer.

Just a got a new premium and I am having trouble with the auto-launch not making it all the way around to the right flipper. Here is what I have done:

- Game is level (left-right) and at about 6.5deg
- Tried changing the plunger strength at 245 and 250 but that didn't fix it.
- Checked out the plunger coil and everything looks clean and tight
- There is sometimes a little rattle on plunge but generally it shots straight and still may not make it around
- A full hand plunge will make it around about 75% of the time, auto is maybe 20%

I am guessing this is a typical issue so hoping there is a known fix before I dig any deeper. Thank in advance.

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's no one answer. Both the manual and auto launch issue could be caused by any one or a combination of a couple different things. Best idea is to take slow motion video of a launch from each to see if the ball hits the guide rail and loses steam somewhere, then figure out an adjustment to get it on a better path.
Makes sure the forks of the auto launch are aligned so the ball is resting equally on both forks. And make sure the tip of the plunger is resting close to the ball without touching it and that it isn't interfering with the auto launch. Those would be the places I start in trying to figure out the cause, and then troubleshoot depending on what the cause is.

Thanks for the recommendation. As these things sometimes go, I took off the glass and went into coil test mode to film it and it went fully around nearly every time! I am guessing that when I disassembled the coil assembly it loosened something up. If it comes back I will look at the increased coil strength and spring as also recommended.

#10993 1 year ago

MaxIsDead might have one. I just bought his Premium and he was also selling the topper.

2 weeks later
#11067 1 year ago

I have been having trouble with my plunger auto-launcher reliably getting all the way around. I have upgraded my coil and plunger spring per this thread. However it is still not working every time in game. For note, I have the coil strength at 255, it doesn't seem better at lower values. However, the weird part is that it does work 100% of the time if I do coil test just not in game always.

Does this game vary the launch strength based on game conditions? Like maybe sometime it wants it in the pops. It just seems like sometimes it just doesn't launch it as hard as other times.

#11071 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have over 3000 plays on my AIQ Premium since I did the coil and spring fix and it works nearly 100% of the time even during very long games.
Double check your alignment of both the shooter rod and the auto plunge "fingers". The fingers need to hit the ball evenly. You can set a ball in the shooter lane with power off or coin door open to see what they look like.

My problem is that it is super intermittent. Sometime it is too strong, some times too weak, sometimes it rattles. Ironically every time I try to film it, it seems to work perfectly. Today it has been working great so I don't know.

I would still recommend the stronger coil, as this has definitely been an improvement but mine just seem fickle.

#11074 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Get a good look at the auto plunge finger assembly. how the ball sits in it, but also sometimes it can shift a little side to side which may cause the inconsistency. Some have added washers to where it mounts on the rod to take up slop, but you can also kind of bend the base further apart to take up the slop where it mounts.
It can definitely be frustrating when it's not launching properly.

So it seems to sit very even between the two prongs of the autolauncher. Note that I am not having an issue with the manual plunge. That works fine.

IMG_20221110_164155562 (resized).jpgIMG_20221110_164155562 (resized).jpg

However, to your suggestion about slop, the mechanism is quite loose. This seems to make sense given the erratic behavior. I am thinking the washer fix may work for me.

#11076 1 year ago

So I have been playing around with the launcher mechanism itself and think I found a fix. The pivot is a weird design IMO as it is only supported on one side and is free to flex in the middle.

IMG_20221110_171004111 (resized).jpgIMG_20221110_171004111 (resized).jpg

I tried a couple of things but there was no easy way to internally add washers. What I ended up doing was simply adding a #6 bolt and spacer to the bracket to keep it from flexing.

IMG_20221111_093506037 (resized).jpgIMG_20221111_093506037 (resized).jpg

So far this has worked well and in test it is working 100% of the time. I even needed to turn down the power to 225. I will play a bunch today and see how it goes.

One note of caution is that the location of the spacer I added interferes with the plunger when putting the playfield back down so you need to pull the plunger back. There might be a better position for the spacer to avoid this.

1 month later
#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from marcd:

I was the one who sent the link for the part to cam24175 and was able to repair my magnet sensor board. As long as the led is blinking, the board should be fine. The only thing to worry about is the traces because the part was torn out of the board. The part number was given to me by Stern so it's a direct replacement.
I noticed that when the disc shaft touches the sensor chip, the value indicated in the diagnostic menu is over a thousand. Whenever I boot the machine, I now check quickly if the value is whitin limits (<500-600). It saved my ass once. I asked Stern to add a Technician Alert when at boot this value is over a 1000. Never heard back though.

Unfortunately my disc just died today mid-game. It doesn't register any spins in the test mode. I have been reading back through the posts and I am guessing it is the magnetic board. However, I don't see any LEDs on my board? I think I can re-solder the chip if that is just it. Maybe it is just dead and tiny but I can't find it to check it. Can someone point it out to me?

It seems like these boards are out-of-stock everywhere. Someone mentioned they got one from Stern. My game is used, can I still get one through Stern?

#11325 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Unfortunately my disc just died today mid-game. It doesn't register any spins in the test mode. I have been reading back through the posts and I am guessing it is the magnetic board. However, I don't see any LEDs on my board? I think I can re-solder the chip if that is just it. Maybe it is just dead and tiny but I can't find it to check it. Can someone point it out to me?
It seems like these boards are out-of-stock everywhere. Someone mentioned they got one from Stern. My game is used, can I still get one through Stern?

I am guessing this is the LED? If so mine is not on.

Screenshot 2023-01-08 112702 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-08 112702 (resized).png
#11326 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

I am guessing this is the LED? If so mine is not on.
[quoted image]

Nevermind, mine magically started working again. Not sure why.

#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Let’s hope it stays that way.

Exactly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

4,999 (Firm)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.