IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#288 3 years ago

Somehow managed to miss this thread, in for an LE can’t wait for this one, first time in a while I’ve been this excited for a release.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I’m probably going to sell my JP and get an Avengers premium. Only drawback is I’m an expat in UAE. If I want to ship it back to the states eventually I’m unsure if I can swap it back to 60hz. Recently learned about the region lock. Anyone know if it’s possible?

Pm sent!

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks. I sent a message to Zach at FNO as well. Id like someone local as my old guy would personally deliver and setup the game for me(for a fee). Now I have to learn how to get it down my stairs and set these things up!

I’m sure you have some pinsiders local to you that would be more than happy to help you out if needed for a little beer and pinball, your collection is awesome.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

So what is the consensus on the best set of figures to put on the playfield . Other than don’t do it

Think you answered your own question at the end of your post

Mjölnir is the only thing I’ll be adding to my LE for a little more visual flair at the Thor shot. And that’s mainly because I have a spare Hot Toys LED Mjölnir.

#409 3 years ago

When it comes to art Deadpool, TMNT and AIQ are the ZY Trinity for me. Sold my TMNTLE to my mate as I just wasn’t enjoying the game and my son couldn’t make a single shot on the thing may get another at some point but between TMNT and AIQ it’s avengers all day everyday.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

I have my Premium on order! I was able to get in a bit earlier but sounds like I’ll be in the second run.

Not surprising but on the bright side maybe you’ve done well to be in the second run, I was shocked when ZMeny said premiums are selling 5 to 1 over Pros, must be selling these things faster than they can make them.

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

post broke off in two days.
[quoted image]

That’s by design! Elwin likes to keep us collectors on our toes with his signature self loosening posts

No biggie same as JPs post, refit add washer and nut under playfield problem solved.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, note to self: while replacing the stock rubbers with Titans, remember to remove the Dr.Strange mech nut, replace the rubber there, and add a drop of blue loctite before replacing the nut. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

I doubt it’s even an issue, I’ve noticed on a lot of recent Sterns NIB a lot of parts are just not tightened up. I doubt this is another stranger things post issue, stick a nut on it under the playfield problem likely solved.

This post is going to take a battering especially hitting it off the upper flipper from an orbit shot tonne of speed off that.

Clearcoat chipping and art lifting I won’t accept but stuff like this happens and if it is an issue I’m sure there will be a fix from Stern, I just can’t see this being a stranger things design balls up type of issue, fingers crossed.

#451 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Had a chance to play the pro this past weekend and had a blast. Played about 5 games on it and was sold instantly.
Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti are Stern’s best assents right now. Just put them on all future projects together
[quoted image]

Another positive review of the game, has anyone played this and not been positive about it? Can’t remember the last time a game got such a grilling after its first stream but hands on it seems to be incredible!

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

tbf, I think the grilling was mostly about how the stream was presented (way to confusing and unorganized)

Yeah it’s a mess with half a dozen guys on zoom, everyone’s audio is constantly trying to take priority.

If it was just Jack, Keith and Ray in the room and nothing else I think it would have been killer, although the stream sealed the deal for me I was super impressed with the game and the rules, nothing overly complicated imo but the stream was an audio mess.

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

unexpected behavior number 2, upgrade Premium to the LE ...it's on its way to NZ as we speak. Still can't wait.

Congrats mate and enjoy!!

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This bent plastic piece isn't going to last long with all of the fly balls. As you can see, it was already bent down and out of place before the first game was played. Good opportunity for a mod.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m hoping HOOKED makes some custom bumper caps, his bumper caps are amazing for Tron, Ironman, BK3 and Deadpool, if he can do some cast metal ones with purple acrylic or something those would look insane!!

#665 3 years ago

Anyone with an LE put yellow t-moulding in yet?

#683 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Ok see that, but pretty big miss to not have an indicator that it is the EB target...

Extra ball is indicated on the plastic above isn’t it? Sure I’ve seen it in and old promo shot.

Edit: as proven above by timmmmyboy

#691 3 years ago

Good luck selling that one. Theres one here on pinside currently listed at 12k and it's been available for days without selling.

Not the first time..

#726 3 years ago

On my JP, toning down slingshot power wasnt enough. I actually had to adjust the leaf switches a little bit. The slings were way way to sensitive. Maybe the same case on AIQ?

Scribbles does reducing the number lower the sling power or increase it? I know some of Sterns menus mainly audio the + number actually reduces it and the - figures increase it.

Is sling power the same way or up is up and down is down?

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The balls that came with mine were super shiny and looked great. (I did have backups just in case.)
I think yellow t-molding is a must.[quoted image]

Yeah a link to that t-moulding would be great, looks like a perfect match!

#912 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I had a CRAZY score today! I played well.
I made it to Battle Royal.
I defeated Battle Royale.
The Large amount of points came somewhere from with in Battle Royale MODE.
I was playing a 3 player game and this happened on the 3rd ball of player 3
I didn't have the cameras setup tonight , because the basement is still getting painted and the equipment is not setup.
Has Anybody else had this happen?
I would Assume Glitch in code
[quoted image]

Wonder if my games are faulty none of games go that high

#962 3 years ago

Can someone with an LE in hand already shoot Cliffy some pics and measurements of the shooter and some pics of the VUK scoop top side and bottom side, want to get my LE bullet proofed ASAP.

Btw how are you guys enjoying AIQ? JJP blew the roof off with a hat GnR reveal but I’m still super excited for my AIQ.

#965 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Curious how you will protect the scoop when there aren't any cliffy's available yet? Did I miss it somewhere in the thread?

Sorry mate think my message above got lost in translation my fault, I was asking above if anyone with an LE in hand could shoot cliffy some photos and measurements over of the VUK scoop and shooter lane so he can get a couple of protectors knocked up.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This completely washes out Cap's shield and the surrounding red/yellow explosion. Horrible color clash. But I guess there's an ass for every seat.

People pay 40-60 bucks for that shit!

#975 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s the effect from the camera, it’s not washed out in person. But I get it, you don’t like it. White may be a better color.
Here's white, before and after.
[quoted image]

100x better man, makes the shield pop nicely. But why light the trough? I’ve always wondered that as I kinda think once I’ve lost my ball I don’t need it lit up to watch it drain, or does it actually project a decent amount of light up the playfield?

#978 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

no, more like $16 shipped in US

Sorry should have been clear I didn’t mean specifically that one thing, I ment a combination of lighting scoops, ramp entrances/exits, shooter lanes, troughs etc

I always add a couple of spotlights to my Sterns usually off the slings, lights the centre of the playfield up nicely without spending silly money on something like pinstadiums. Occasionally I’ll add one up the back somewhere but always go white with ZY art, the man’s work is perfect!

#986 3 years ago

Anyone else want Stern to steal the lighting effect JJP have for their spinning disc on GnR? Love the way the lights spin with the disc on GnR, would be awesome to have that effect on AIQ more lightshows the better!!

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This has me a little worried. TWD premium was brutal when I first got it, but now a good game will last 20 minutes or so. If this game is easy to start with, it might become a chore once I really get the hang of it. 40 minutes is too long for a new game. I consider myself a pretty good player.

Outlanes are closed down from factory, open then up fully and I’m sure AIQ will be a lot more brutal.

#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Nah, it has some neat lighting effects and lights in the apron

How good are those new lights in the apron? This will be the first game I’ve had at home/seen with this new apron.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes! I totally agree! Maybe a nice set of Pinstadiums will suffice?
We could email them and see if they can code it so it syncs with the disc?

I wouldn’t spend the money on pinstadiums complete waste imo. I usually add a couple spotlights to most of my Sterns that’s it.

I’d just like to see Stern “borrow” that disc light sync from GnR, they wouldn’t be able to speed sync it as GnR has those new sensors for that but they could definitely have the insert and GI spin with a hit on the disc which would be cool.

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There is no comparison to GNR and AIQ. AIQ leaves it in the dust, if you’re a true pinball player. Download the manuals of both and you’ll see there is not much in GNR, except blinking lights and hype. AIQ has in it’s manual loads of awesome mechs, 5 ramps, interesting shots, etc. GNR has none of that. No mechs, no interesting wires forms, but it does light up ad nauseam to hide all the deficiencies and lack of toys (LEDs are real cheap to add to a game). It also goes from one multiball to the next, since there is nothing else to achieve on the PF. AIQ is a real pinball players layout, while GNR is for those that like lights and hearing songs. Not much in the way of interesting game play, imo.

Okay before I reply I have an AIQLE paid in full and awaiting delivery and I’m super excited to get it, game looks amazing!

Anyway AIQ has loads of mechs? Not just mechs but awesome mechs!?

Magnetic tower
Spinning/Raising disc
Subway
VUK

GnR has none?

Magnet at top lanes
Spinning disc
Ramp diverter to upper playfield
Upper playfield with flipper
Upper playfield Gibson 6 ball lock
VUK on upper playfield to upper upper playfield
Fender playfield with tweeters and ramp return
Scoop
Ramp diverter to 3rd flipper
Stage spotlights

And GnR has no interesting ramps or wireforms? Come on man you don’t believe the stuff you just typed do you?

The right ramp has 2 drum sticks that make up the right ramp return that’s amazing theme integration, the left upper ramp wireform is designed to look like the strings on a bass guitar they are both awesome and amazing use of the theme integrating it into the game physically. Even the spinners are designed as plectrums they are awesome!!

As for gameplay I won’t comment yet as I haven’t had the chance to play either but from streams they both seem to play fantastic in their own ways. GnR gives you the option to make every mode a multiball using that Gibson ball lock very cool and like Aerosmith’s toy box risk reward.

I knew you where a Stern fanboy thunder but I’m starting to wondering is that you Gary?

I just don’t get this constant Stern VS JJP nonsense they are both pumping out amazing games, offering us all something different, we should be happy as hell that the industry is stronger and more unique than ever! Instead people spend their time trying to find faults that really don’t exist in the competition. Pinballs never been stronger and better let’s enjoy it people 2 amazing games released back to back = awesome!!!

#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Agree with most of what you say, but I must point out that you missed a couple things from AIQ: three-bank drop target and Thor captive ball come to mind, not to mention Capt Marvel ramp (that actually does something cool with the ball not just a clever way to make a return path).
No doubt, these are two different pins, each is great in their own way. I haven’t played either yet (disclaimer) but, here is my feelings on them anyway:
Stern hints at Avengers as their next pin. Me: Avengers again!?!
Stern reveals game play in the promo video. Me: BUY, BUY, BUY!
JJP hints at GnR as next pin. Me: GnR is cool, this could be epic!
JJP releases game play video. Me: looks fantastic, shoots slow. Pass.
I’d love to play it at friends place or on location, just don’t need that type of game flow in my collection. Don’t get me wrong, I love JJP, going to help friends unbox a Dialed-In tonight. I’m pretty manufacturer agnostic at the moment I own: Stern, JJP, Williams, Bally, AP, and Zaccaria. I have a WOZECLE next to my JP2 and guess what gets the most play lately....Hot Wheels!!!
BTW, can’t wait for my AIQ premium to ship. I expect December.

I didn’t include the drops because I’d then have to include the 2nd screen on GnR and captive ball as i would have then listed the working drums on the pops.

Should have listed the captain marvel ramp can’t believe I missed that but then again I missed off the working stage lights on X and Y axis which are a pretty cool mech.

Both games look amazing no doubt about that but for someone to say avengers has awesome mechs and GnR has none is complete non sense! GnR has about twice the amount of mechs that AIQ has, just highlights how blind some of the Stern Army fanboys are.

#1060 3 years ago

Anyone game in hand tried to open code with PB? Does it work or locked out like JP3?

#1245 3 years ago

So what’s the best size t-moulding to use on AIQ, saw a post but can’t find it now where someone mentioned the 3/4” leaves a little overhang as sides seem smaller than previous releases?

Anyone who’s changed out the black to yellow, what size did you use? Thanks

#1298 3 years ago

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.

Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't know, but I would be very surprised if Stern wasn't using a direct line to a Chinese factory by now for their LEDs.

Cheers Vire, I’m going to go with comet, white for GI and inserts, can’t be bothered with colour matching inserts but will go with coloured flashers.

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the inserts are led pcb boards. GI are the only traditional led bulbs in the game.
Even if you look at the description of the cool white 2 smds from comet they say they are the same that modern sterns use.

Thanks Chuck for the heads up but I’m adding some LEDs to my older SAM games, my TRON LE is the only one that has PCBs under the inserts, but those PCBs are all white SMDs, which is why I’m just ordering a tonne of whites and not colour matching inserts to much hassle.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I have found Comet 2-smd to give a very similar look to what Stern uses. I change any visible to frosted which is easier on the eyes, but keeps a consistent look. Most Sterns seem to come with cool/natural white, and some machines I will warm up a bit with Sunlight color depending on the art. Games like GoT, SM, TWD look so much better with slightly warmer light. Sunlight is great as it's half way between cool and warm and looks great. Some machines look great in the standard natural though. For Avengers, I would probably lean towards keeping the cooler natural white due to all the blues on the pf. Either way, I think you'll be happy with Comet 2-smd frosted.

Thanks Jedi, I have been reading the info over on Comets site and noticed they said something similar about the cool whites on blues and darker colours and the sunlight maybe even warm on the warmer bright coloured playfields. Makes perfect sense but I am going to try cool whites on Ironman even though there’s a lot of reds in the playfield.

Btw what’s the difference visually between the clear that come standard on newer Sterns and the frosted a lot of people buy and recommend? Does one disperse light better than the other? I don’t have any issues with the clear LEDs stern provide from factory on newer games, but curious now what the difference is with the frosted other than the obvious. Thanks.

#1326 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

It loses the balls. There aren’t enough optos to detect when two balls are right next to each other. I’ve taken the whole thing apart and made all sorts of adjustments, but nothing has helped.

Any chance of wiring up a couple of additional optos?

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I really like Sterns new lighting coming from the apron. It helps light up the flipper area and the artwork in the area. It would be cool if Stern put out a kit to retrofit other Spike 2 games with that.

You can just order the newer apron from your distributor or cut your existing one if you have the right tools.

Quoted from Aquapin:

I did it on my Deadpool, was fairly easy to do. Pics are a bit rough, but you get the idea. $5 in materials and it makes a notable difference to the lower PF.
[quoted image]

Did you order a new apron or cut your existing one?

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just about have the Dr. Strange light bezel finished. It raises the plastic and flash dome up about an inch so you can SEE the windows on the plastic below it. Also, the bezel has a reflector inside that bounces the side flash lighting that's wasted in the factory setup back up towards the Dr. Strange plastic so it lights up very nicely as the main flash lighting is directed down. There's also some symbols on the front and front sides that light up. Should be in the Pinmonk store here pretty soon.[quoted image]

Nice Vic! Very nice! Have you finalised pricing?

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

Don't know a ton about repairs but this happened on my High Speed one time. Turned out to be a blown fuse.

No fuses on Spike2, with the game turned on lift the playfield and check all the node boards, they should all show a green led and red led, no green means it’s dead.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I spoke to soon... GI on the right side seems to have gone out. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

First thing I would do is lift the playfield and check your node boards down on the bottom of the playfield and around that area, each node board should have a green and red LED, one indicates power to the board (red I think) and one indicates the board is communicating/working (green) if one of those is likely the issue if the whole area is without GI.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not yet. I'm using a couple standoffs that slide into the back to reinforce it and metal standoffs are ridiculously expensive for what they are, and I don't want to drop down to nylon ones. So I need to settle on which kind of metal standoffs I go with (and what height - there's about a 3/8" range of difference in the various ones I'm playing with). I also need to finalize the stabilization piece for the standup with the windows so it doesn't sag (which is part of the reason the stock one is obscured, too). I should have it figured out probably over the weekend or by next week for sure, but just lots of small details are still in flux that would affect the cost. The best part of it for me is that I was able to get the Dr Strange plastic to illuminate pretty well also by bouncing the side flasher light back up. Looks cool.

Go with metal stand offs if you need to Vic I’m sure people would be happy to pay the extra for a couple of metal standoffs.

There’s some truly terrible mods for this game, this one is one of the very few must haves for this pin!

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Speaking of Cliffy, has anyone been able to send him pics and measurements of the VUK so he can get a protector made up?

Btw is cliffy making a guide protector for AIQ? I notice he’s got a basic protector set but it looks like the guide protector is the one from DP.

#1806 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Were you guys getting phantom hits though?
Also, the manual says that you spin to 3, 6, 9, 12, and press "start" at each? Does that mean, turn it to 3 then give it a whip/spin, or does that mean just manually move the disc to about the 3 o'clock mark, press "start", then move to 6, etc..?
My FS is reading around 230.
Does this mean I need to be closer or farther from the magnetic sensor?
It's a bit of a pain in the ass, to get my game out where I can pull up the pf, so knowing what I need to do prior definitely helps.
Thanks!

I read it as manually move the disc so the up post is at 12, 3, 6, 9 and press start at each position checking that the magnetic number is greater than 300 at each position.

#1819 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just play the game and learn little by little. Overwhelming is a good thing. Means the game has lasting appeal. Just concentrate on one aspect of the game. Once you have that down, move onto the next part. Don’t try to understand it all at once.

Exactly! I’m not sure about the issues with the ruleset being too complicated, at first it’s doesn't appear anymore complicated than JP2.

Open a portal, win gems, place gems to get perks for progress and scoring, get all gems or loose them all battle thanos, it can be that easy if you want.

But if you want to go deeper it’s all there to be explored, for 9-10k give me a complicated 25 page ruleset over a Munster ruleset anyday!

#1839 3 years ago

LE #235 in the house!

The shots, the combos, simply brilliant, not had this much fun on a pin since Deadpool and this is on another level!

#1873 3 years ago

LE 235 plays great out the box, only issue is my spinner needs slightly levelling with the playfield, wasn’t causing airballs, noticed it while I had the glass off.

#1884 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, but it's not very active.

Maybe check yours is wired up? Even on 0.91 my game was shaking on tower shots, gems, jackpots, Thor, spotting iron shaker is great in this game.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ok. I wont be in rush to install then. tmnt was pretty light on shaker as well until a recent update. so give it time

Get it in ASAP, there’s a lot of shaker integration on the game and I’m on 0.91 as it only arrived yesterday.

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It was set to minimal, changed to maximum and now I feel it a bit more.

Weird they are normally maximum by default, glad you got it sorted as there’s a nice amount of shaker integration already, enjoy!

#1895 3 years ago

Yeah I’ve put yellow on mine looks 100x better.

#1899 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is there someone with a premium with yellow t-molding on his backbox?
How does it look?

85DB2642-AB3C-43FE-B184-202751A07F26 (resized).jpeg85DB2642-AB3C-43FE-B184-202751A07F26 (resized).jpeg
#1901 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Since the code update I've had this issue when I start Soul Gem with a ball locked in the subway. It seems to go through multiple bull searches before it clears the subway.

Yeah there’s a few issues with the subway I had a ball stuck last night, pain in the ass getting it out as it was sat on one of the teeth so couldn’t shake it free.

I’ve disabled the subway until it hopefully gets sorted in code, Marvel ramp is phenomenal!!

#1918 3 years ago

No flasher for Thor, seems like an odd choice, what with Mjolnir that can summon lightning....?

#1936 3 years ago

Correct Thanos battle was removed in 0.92

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Where is the yellow backbox trim on your LE?

LEs come with black from factory

You’ll have to grab some yellow and replace it yourself, which is super easy but it looks 100x better.

F0847E67-6B1D-492D-ABFB-86B29C9ADB9A (resized).jpegF0847E67-6B1D-492D-ABFB-86B29C9ADB9A (resized).jpeg
#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have an extra chrome moulding I can try if people want to see it.
However, I won't have my le until end of the week likely.

Yellow fits perfectly with the LE armour but the chrome would probably go nicely with the backglass the thing is mirrored to the max, looks great lit and unlit amazing job by zombieyeti

Purple looks great on Premium!

#1946 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think the chrome would look outstanding on the LE (the yellow armor really has a nice sparkle flake in it plus the mirrored backglass as j85m mentioned)...please post pics if you try it....

Yellow looks perfect, took the black off almost as soon as I took it out the box made the backbox look out of place with the bright colours everywhere else.

Going to try the black on BM66 with a small amount of glitter/sparkle added.

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

As others have reported, I’m also having the occasional ball get stuck at the far right side of the subway. Sometimes during multiball, that ball is not fully rolling into the vuk and ejecting. The ball just seems to sit there- I can’t really see what’s stopping it.
Had anyone tried installing washers under the subway (under the pf) to give it s bit more downward angle to fix this issue? I recall reading about a few who owners discussing this remedy, not sure if actually fixes it.
Thanks!

I plan on doing that tonight, had the same issue one single ball stuck far right just past the last tooth so even that can’t dislodge it if you go into test (seems to happen every time I’ve had the issue during a multiball) will report back if it cures the issue.

Hopefully it’s just a code related issue as it only ever seems to happen to me with a multiball.

#1957 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If I’m not mistaken the ones you fail go to Thanos and light up on the Gauntlet in the back right.

Might be because I’m on 0.91 still but the gems in my infinity gauntlet are always lit throughout the entire game.

Which is odd because as you said I was certain when you lost a gem it would lit up on the gauntlet to let you know what thanos has, while yours are logged on screen and likely eventually on the topper.

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Someone show me a different answer but I've experienced this since day one and here is what I see:
- never happens with a single ball moving thru the subway
- ALWAYS happens when 2 or more balls moving thru subway
- the ball sits just to the right of the last set of fingers and can only be nudged into dropping into the VUK (takes quite a jolt to move it)
I watched it happen twice during gameplay and here's what I see
- 2 balls in subway, and they are moving via the fingers toward the VUK
- First ball drops to the VUK and THE SECOND BALL is being guided toward the VUK by the code as if the first ball is not even already sitting in the VUK
- The fingers continue to guide that second ball PAST the last set of fingers, where normally, they would hold the ball at the second to last set of fingers so as to provide enough of a a rolling start to allow that second ball to drop into the VUK when the fingers lift.
- With the second ball moved PAST the last set of fingers, there is no rolling momentum created because that second ball is sitting (touching actually) the first ball while its still sitting there in the VUK waiting for ejection onto the rail.
So ...
- That second ball parks itself at the end of the subway
- The first ball then pops out of the VUK and the second ball languishes there, until you drain the ball that exited the VUK
- Then, we all know what happens, the game goes into ball search
Seems like this is an easy code fix?
-
Pic is where the second ball "sits" AFTER the first ball has exited the VUK
[quoted image]

Yeah don’t bother adding washer to one end to get it to add incline, I can confirm most of if not all of this, the VUK and Subway need to communicate in the code to fix the issue.

I may try to add washers both ends so the subway is slightly higher than the playfield but code would be the ideal fix for this.

#1976 3 years ago

Just noticed this on my game has anyone else had this issue? Going into the service menu, my game seems to leave the I and R inserts dimly lit.

109AF6B6-46EB-4168-B3C9-EFBFC03F6515 (resized).jpeg109AF6B6-46EB-4168-B3C9-EFBFC03F6515 (resized).jpeg5BF11ADF-5D89-441E-A94B-36D256612FED (resized).jpeg5BF11ADF-5D89-441E-A94B-36D256612FED (resized).jpeg
#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Being a tmnt le and avengers premium owner I feel like the hawkeye challenge shot is the way more fun version of 123 foot(which i hate). I love the tower lock on this game. The third flipper is just awesome in general as well.

Totally agree, my TMNTLE was in and out within a couple of weeks, love the theme just didn’t gel with the game and my 3rd old who is starting to enjoy playing pinball got bored and frustrated by it.

Challenge mode on AIQ is brilliant for the kids continual ball save, light shows and loads of shaker feedback specially when you drain, kids love it!!

#2007 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I've had it 3 times playing on site.
Ball gets stuck at the location indicated, where the 2 ramp feedback rails cross. (didn't take a photo at the time)
Seems to come from when the ball bounces up from the disc.
No way whatsoever to shake it free.[quoted image]
Also have started to see lots of rejects on the marvel ramp. Most annoying thing about it is it seems to give you credit for a shot that makes it past the optos but not all the way round during normal play, as it definitely puts something on the screen telling you the number of marvel ramps you've made - however it won't give you the credit for the shot if it's needed for a mode.

Happened last night while I was playing with my son, as you said Wayne there’s no way to shake it loose it requires moving the glass and rolling the ball back a couple of inches to release it.

Happened just as you said in your post, my lad hit the disc standup twice back to back on the second shot it jumped up off the disc stand up and landed up there.

No issues with the marvel ramp here though, every good/clean shot makes the loop, if you don’t make the shot it shows the captain marvel animation but the text won’t add/count the shot, mode or not.

1A1FE233-36E8-4AD5-A488-81CDD55378D9 (resized).jpeg1A1FE233-36E8-4AD5-A488-81CDD55378D9 (resized).jpeg6D31A8CA-CCC8-436F-A055-5BE69B30E097 (resized).jpeg6D31A8CA-CCC8-436F-A055-5BE69B30E097 (resized).jpeg
#2043 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

I’m extremely happy with my premium. I’m sure Pro is good but I really love the captain marvel ramp and subway. It’s so satisfying hitting all the ramps.

Yeah that ramp is phenomenal, never gets old making that shot and watching the ball go up and round that inverted loop. Is it worth the upgrade in terms of materials no way! but in terms of what it adds to gameplay and how fun it is to shoot, yeah!

I was speaking to a friend earlier and said it reminds me of the Warp Ramp on Star Trek, or the Katana Shot on Deadpool it’s the shot that never gets old and is always super satisfying to hit and smile inducing when you loop it over and over.

#2046 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where is the ball coming off at? Something physical is causing the ball to fall off the ramp. Maybe your game is pitched too shallow? Maybe the ramp is tilted weird. Maybe it’s missing a guard that other games have.

Was just about to ask the same thing, where are the balls coming off the rails?

I’ve been fortunate, that mines played great out the box. I turned down the trough eject, auto plunger, slings a little (more to reduce strain on the posts/clear while we have these playfield issues looming) and turned down the VUK power buts that’s it.

Where are you having each of these issues?

#2049 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I thought someone said there is a menu option in the Premium/LE to have the ball just go through the subway and use virtual locks. How many ways are there for this to work in the code currently?

I’ve just turned my subway to no entry for now until the dual ball release into the VUK is fixed via code,

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yup. It’s definitely the cab...

When I opened the box the other day when mine arrived I noticed this, however the glass should slide in easier the first few inches as the cabinet is slightly wider as you can see in the pic, cabinet is solid by the way, just wasn’t clamped properly I guess.

I honestly think it’s the glass channel, my glass has a small scratch line (hidden by the channel thankfully) I’m going to try and spread the channel a little at some point, tightest glass I’ve ever had in a pin.

39C99A9C-F57F-4503-B4C0-57D0C6D40A11 (resized).jpeg39C99A9C-F57F-4503-B4C0-57D0C6D40A11 (resized).jpeg

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

eaglepin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.
I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back about the solution.

Anyone with a 3D printer able to print some teeth extensions for the subway to stop the balls being able to hope over them?

Code can fix the 2nd ball going into the VUK issue but not the ball hoping,

#2167 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well as rodney7 rude sang, it was over before it began. Out of the club before i've even seen a machine and will be a proud new owner of an air hockey table instead.

Sad to see you go before you officially joined, was it an LE or Premium you where in for? If it was a premium then it’s easy to wait for the fixes in later runs.

Are you still going for that GnR LE?

#2173 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Premium, yes can't wait for the Gunners, no trepidation at all on that one. It was the subway design that bothered me, not the code updates. Also the shocking version of what passes for QC at Stern atm. Machines should not be leaving the factory floor and being delivered to people who then have to do alterations just so they can get the glass off to fix the other faults.
I'll be happy to pick one up down the track after it's been played and the bugs fixed, but i'm a player, not a tech.

I hope you get a good GnR with no playfield issue, ultimately that’s what we all want a game that looks great and plays great out the box and stays that way for some time.

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would you get all your GNR promotion out of this thread! We don’t care about your GNR love fest. Go to the GNR thread and quit posting here, unless its about AIQ. Knock it off matie. (Sheesh, you JJP fanboys take the cake and never let up.)

Wishing a fellow member of our hobby who was in on AIQ but dropping out due to his concerns over QC but staying in on arguably the bigger QC risk, especially at the minute when it comes to playfield quality, isn’t promotion or a love fest.

And just to clarify I’m saying JJP would be a much bigger worry for me than Stern. Wishing someone well and that they get a good issue free game regardless of the manufacturer, is simply not wanting to see anyone get screwed over on a game with miserable QC, even you Brent!

#2229 3 years ago

Tried chrome today but yellow is still king!

Also finally found a good use for the purple leg bolt washers I ordered a while back, the purple looks great on the yellow.

451C7F9A-F1E8-4734-8B0F-4C0EA6972D98 (resized).jpeg451C7F9A-F1E8-4734-8B0F-4C0EA6972D98 (resized).jpegBA761A1A-C09F-42E0-8EDB-AF8B7FC3E845 (resized).jpegBA761A1A-C09F-42E0-8EDB-AF8B7FC3E845 (resized).jpeg
#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man these outlanes are quite hungry. I can see why it ships in the easiest setting with the posts. Its still quite tough! If the ball is bouncing around the side you are screwed without a great nudge.

I realised that quite quickly, even with those factory inlanes closed you have to be on your feet ready to nudge, anywhere near those outlanes on my game and the ball will find its way down the drain.

#2268 3 years ago

ok thanks
where did you buy yours?

I brought mine from pinballlife but I had an order I was placing with them anyway.

There’s gotto be a few places in Europe that would be more convenient for you, there’s a place in the U.K. I believe.

#2301 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

What’s the “secret skill shot”

Inner loop, you have to plunge so the ball just makes it up to the top lane but doesn’t pass through the one way gate into the pops, it will then roll back down the inner loop and reward you with a clip of vision and secret skill shot award.

Super skill shot is a soft plunge and shot into the tower.

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I think the super skill shot can be completed with a full plunge around the wireform to the right flipper as well but have to hit into the tower.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried that, but thanks that’s a much easier way to hit that skill shot and have control at the flipper.

#2319 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

Yes I did. But you bring up a good point. I didn't think about that.

Are you like a top 100 player in the world or something? You’ve done everything the game has including trophy mania? This game kicks my ass!

#2321 3 years ago

Must have had a tonne of black in stock saves ordering yellow especially for the LEs.

You need 13ft/4metres for a backbox.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think EHOH and DP are both easier then AIQ. If anyone’s AIQ is playing “easy” maybe you should come play mine!

I know that feeling, as soon as I get side to side movement on the ball especially off my slings I’m thinking shit more so than any of my other games.

I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had a ball rocket back off a target hit one of the slings and go straight down one of the outlanes as if the ball was pulled down there by a magnet.

#2340 3 years ago

Are some of the gem modes 2 ball multiball? Sure I’ve played the same mode a few times now and it’s been a multiball all but one or two times, unless I’m doing something else without realising it which is likely!

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can get portal locks before you start a gem mode. You can make any gem mode up to a 3 ball MB that way. Also there’s a multiplier for the balls in play too. 3 in play for 3x, 2 in play for 2x

Thanks Chuck that’s what it is, totally forgot that was one of the nuances to the game.

I’ve become used to the typical ball 1 locked ball 2 locked etc etc to get multiball I forget this one lets you choose and build your multiball,

#2343 3 years ago

Btw chuckwurt have you got an AIQ yet or on order? I’ve watched a lot of your streams and man this pin would make you smile, maybe even more than that Stranger Things LE

#2350 3 years ago

Sorry i didn’t understand you.
I just need to order 4 meters of yellow trim for my LE. Correct?

Yes you need 4 metres, you will use just under this amount, to complete a back box.

I ordered 13ft (3.96 meters) from the US and had a comfortable amount left over.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So in the yellow club...J85M was spot on...my XMen Magneto didn't mind ( chrome just didn't work for me but gave it a shot too)....
[quoted image]

Looks great mate! You have to go with the yellow it adds the finishing touch to the LE package.

The release photos didn’t do the yellow justice, I fell in love with the yellow as soon as I unboxed, plus it gave me a chance finally to use the purple leg bolt washers I had ordered a while back

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Opened my LE and the lockdown bar has a chip in the beautiful yellow powder coat. What are my options?

Contact distributor, should be an easy swap.

#2356 3 years ago

Has anyone sent photos and measurements to Cliff for the VUK?

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I think he has it, I was at his house Friday and they seemed to have a good handle on this game. I just sent him some pics for something I need on JP when I hear back I will make sure.

That’s good to I’ve taken some so will email them over to him anyway just in case, plus I guess to sets of measurements are always better than one, need that VUK protecting this game is getting played a lot!

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have used his 1.5" standard single drop target protector and it's perfect.
[quoted image]

Nice! I’ll grab one of those instead of a full protector.

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Ah ok. Thanks. At least something. I hope Warlock is in the next Update.

Yeah I’m hoping the same, I can’t see why he would be so prominently featured on the playfield and have no animations, shots or node associated to him.

Plus he’s a huge character in the Marvel Universe for fans he’s a big bonus in the art, I know he was the first thing I noticed when I saw the first playfield picture.

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Had my first 100MM point game after I made that post. Won my first gem and the post activated. : ) Placed the post on my best shot, but that's probably not what I should have done. Ha! Still learning.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Same, hahaha! Next up, 2 gems.

Same here, had my first big game last night, 130mil, first gem captured, finally saw a light go out on the Gauntlet!

Which lead me to think, shouldn’t the gauntlet be unlit at the start of a game? And the gauntlet lights up as you loose each gem?

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

You’re not “losing” gems, you’re taking them from Thanos. Thus the light going out on the gauntlet as you the player capture a gem makes sense.

See I had taken the story differently, that the black order where retrieving the stones for Thanos and you where stopping them from getting the stones back to him.

Either way it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the snap somehow, match sequence maybe? It would be great for those who are mostly familiar with the movies to see that reference.

#2404 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The comic has the snap as well...

Exactly! But it’s something casuals will recognise from the movies they are familiar with, seeing it in comic form in the game would be a great for us comic nerds but also great to have in the game for casuals to see and experience within the game.

#2416 3 years ago

Would love to see Adam Warlock show up as a bonus to battle Thanos if you manage to collect all the gems going into the wizard mode.

Or have him as a bonus stage (part 3 for example) of battle thanos that’s only accessible if you have all the gems going into battle thanos.

9C43E421-931A-4052-849E-D74C7CB900BE (resized).jpeg9C43E421-931A-4052-849E-D74C7CB900BE (resized).jpeg

#2423 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Per the official rule sheet[quoted image]

I knew I had read it that way somewhere, thanks for posting. I’m guessing the lit gems might change with more code updates and as toppers roll out, the topper has all the gems so it would make sense for none of them to be lit at game start, and as you win gems the topper lits up for us the player and if you loose the gauntlet lits up as you haven’t stoped the black order bringing that gem back to thanos.

I know each gem has a perk and it Thanos gets them along with the gem to work against you in the wizard mode but I would love to see some cool stuff with the snap if you loose all the gems, like snaps away half your score, snaps and your flippers die or one of them does. Would obviously need an option to turn stuff off like that as not everyone would enjoy that stuff especially comp players but it would definitely add an element of fun to the gem collection.

#2439 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I’ve been having issues with the ball getting stuck in this area. It’s wedge so tight you can’t shake it out. The glass has to come off, then it takes a good amount of strength to pull it out.
[quoted image]

Wow that’s something I haven’t seen before!

What washers are people using under ball guides I have some very minor pooling around the guide just in front of my Ant-Man VUK so want to raise the guide ASAP!

#2445 3 years ago

Has anyone lowered or raised their disc? Was your white locking nut (big plastic washer white cog looking thing) beyond hard to initially release and loosen?

Feel like I’ve got more chance of picking up Mjolnir than getting this thing undone!

#2451 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I tried getting a washer under that Ant Man ball guide, but I didn't see a nut under the playfield to loosen so I couldn't lift the end of the guide enough to get one in there. I pried up the end of the guide a bit so I could slide a thin strip of mylar under it for now, but I'd like to get a washer there instead. It didn't seem like that screw (or whatever it is) at the end of the ball guide goes through the playfield though. Is there a way to raise it to get a washer under that one? Does it just lift out?[quoted image]

Yeah there’s a nut holding onto the guide under the playfield. And then I think a wood screw at the top end holding things in place.

#2457 3 years ago

Anyone able to tell me how I level the disc? I have adjusted the height but it’s low between 3 and 9 o’clock but high between 9 and 3 o clock

#2462 3 years ago

Okay I can’t seem to get this disc level, heights perfect but only on one half, anyone been able to level it so the whole disc is flat and level with the playfield?

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Same issue I have too. I emailed Stern about it today. No one here has posted any info yet about it

Thanks, if you hear back from them please post the response.

I’ve got mine perfectly level around the front half (3-9) but it’s slightly high around the back half (9-3) which is working well, most the balls coming toward the back half are slow moving out the pops.

#2470 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Does yours look like the the pictures I posted yesterday?

A little, it’s hard to tell.

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The JJP POTC spinning disc was hard to get perfectly level as well. But some people put thick weather stripping under the screws of the spinning disc mech then they were able to level the disc by making one side or the other tighter.

I’ll try that or some fibre washers since I just ordered some for my guides.

#2513 3 years ago

Anyone got like a water mark in their HD glass? I just moved my game (finally back home again as I’m on leave) under a spot light and I just noticed like a water mark is the best description.

It’s not on either side of the glass tried to wipe it off with a glass cloth but can’t touch it from either side, trying to catch a good photo of it.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have had this, I was able to wipe off with water Iso mix.

I’ll give this a try.

#2518 3 years ago

Okay so this is proving almost impossible to photograph, tried wiping it off but it’s doesn't appear to be on either side of the glass, almost as if it’s in the glass itself??

Around the flippers it’s almost like droplets

3843ABD7-A6B2-483F-8994-DB6E146DE316.jpeg3843ABD7-A6B2-483F-8994-DB6E146DE316.jpeg43750576-10A4-4CDF-8DE9-826A5272E85A.jpeg43750576-10A4-4CDF-8DE9-826A5272E85A.jpegD5E3C197-4F3E-4DE8-B38C-4240B8D999BD.jpegD5E3C197-4F3E-4DE8-B38C-4240B8D999BD.jpeg

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code!
V0.93.0 - November 5th, 2020
============================
- Subway Mech - balls will immediately begin 'walking' through the subway when Quests are being selected
- Subway Mech - improvements to detecting when two balls are locked in the same window
- Subway VUK - will wait to release a ball if there is a Portal Lock light show underway
- Portal Lock - Portal Lock display effect will now come before Quest Selection Screen if they are stacked at the Portal shot
- Battle Royale - fixed an issue where the mode would not end on the 6th Avenger and could cause very high scores if the mode is completed
- Battle Royale - added sound effect missing from some attacks
- All Wizard Modes - fixed issue with some intros being skipped
- Soul Gem Mode - fixed issue with total screen sometimes being skipped
- Shield Bonus - score balance - base from 750K to 3M, pop value from 15K to 35K
- Shield Bonus - increase display effect now shows if it is doubled
- Space Gem - fixed Space Gem behavior to allow you to add more uses when leveling someone up, now matches what display tells you
- Space Gem - fixed the level 2 trap, if the moved gem lands on someone that is level 2, you'll at least have 1 use
- Tower Ball Saver - only used up if you are in single ball play
- Tower Ball Saver - fixed an issue where single ball Quests would be ended early when Tower Ball Saver was in use
- Super Ball Saver - fixed an issue where single ball Quests would be ended early when Super Ball Saver was in use
- Super Ball Saver - now maintains the current number of balls in play for multiball quests
- Super Ball Saver - added ball save display effect
- Bonus X - display now shows value of current Bonus X
- Combos - score balance - base from 75K to 150K, trophy bump from 15K to 5K, combo jackpot base from 1M to 3M
- Combos - adding a combo sound
- Instant Info - added Captain Marvel shot status
- Instant Info - added Shield Bonus status
- Instant Info - standardized background darkening for all Instant Info pages
- Secret Skill Shot - hooking up 'SECRET SKILLSHOTS' adjustment so it actually turns off all Secret Skill Shots
- Quest Victory Laps - fixed an issue where the ball saver for victory laps starts would not save balls
- High Scores - added Soul Gem Jackpot champion
- Display Effects - improved display effect priority issues
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows
- Speech - adding many more speech calls
- Topper - adding a few more topper light shows
- Adjustment Changes:
- added standard champion adjustments for Soul Gem Jackpot
- System - Updated to V2.61.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

Wow big night for code drops these past 2 days. I haven’t upgraded to .92 yet so I will just jump to .93 tonight. Code looks great, loving the ball saves stuff I might actually be able to capture 3 gems in a game!

#2549 3 years ago

TMNT topper is $999 so I wonder what Stern are going to price the AIQ topper at, anyone heard anything?

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But the eye blinks and moves. Thats gotta justify the cost right? Holy crap, what a rip off.
Stop buying Stern toppers. They just make you look dumb now lol.

I was up for a TMNT topper until the price was revealed, soon as I saw $999 my instant thought was f**k that!

But a few distributors are saying they have sold out of their allocations so there’s plenty of dumb suckers buying them up.

#2562 3 years ago

Just managed to download via Sterns website directly to my usb.

#2564 3 years ago

Just started the update will report back.

#2566 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Mine seems to have worked (i did full +verify)

I did quick and no verify worked a charm! New code is amazing! Tonnes of new lightshows and callouts.

Just had my best game to date, 3 gems collected, 4 avengers at max power up, portal locks so all quests where double scoring, amazing game already and we are only on .93 code.

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Holy hell!
Remind me to never play you for money.
Does anyone need the download still? Sounds like the downloads are working now.

Your money wouldn’t be at too much risk, most of my games average 70-100 million.

I’ve had a few of those games where’s it’s all going my way and cracked 200-250mill but today was the first time I’ve cracked 300+ million. Just one of those awesome games you have. 31 combos was pure fun and love the combo jackpot brilliant idea!!

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Still having trouble to get the download to complete but will keep trying.

Is there anyway I can send you the file? Would email work as it’s only 1.41gb I think

#2580 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what qualifies, gets gamma spinner active?

#2589 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I wish they would have made that inlane light an RGB so it would blink green.

If they code it in, couldn’t owners swap the white led board for an RGB one?

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Love how this game is evolving. Just played my first game on the new code and it just keeps getting better. Don’t know why but was kind of hoping that during the match sequence when hulk crashes down the lights would go green from back to front almost like a shockwave coming out.

Anyone from Stern reading this? Please drop this nugget of genius into the game.

#2595 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Once Pinball Browser can open this game, the first thing I'm changing is the MB music for Iron Man MB to "Can You Dig It" from Iron Man 3 and Thor MB to "Immigrant Song" from Thor: Ragnarok. I know the game is comic based but still I still feel like it would work!

My only thought so far is to add the repulsor sound into the game from the movies. Ironman just doesn’t sound right without it.

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The biggest dumb move by Stern is putting warm white LEDs under the I-R-O-N rollover lights and the THOR inserts. They both deal with electricity, so they should have been the bluish white LEDs. It's the main reason I had to make light brackets for both - the yellowish light looks dumb for those.

Is all of AIQ warm white? Or are they using sunlight? My BM66 is definitely cool white.

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Will certainly buy a premium in the future. Mods id consider are the sanctum and tower. Other than that, I haven't seen anything that caught my eye. Shooter rod is fine, but I'm on the fence. Would like to see a better glove and I see someone is designing it. Too each their own. If you like it leave it in.

Tower and sanctum or vires improved plastic are brilliant! The thanos face isn’t for me but it’s still creative and offers up a nice visual boost for those that like it, but the rest of the mods I’ve seen for this game are pure junk!

Keith and crew did a great job of packing this game out, there’s not really a lot of places to put things and everything is already there that needs to be.

#2611 3 years ago

Arrived this morning going on the wall next to my LE.

D70A66C7-F34E-47B5-AD13-59FEEE965DC7 (resized).jpegD70A66C7-F34E-47B5-AD13-59FEEE965DC7 (resized).jpeg
#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Let the opening commence...
[quoted image]

Enjoy! If it makes you feel any better it’s well worth the wait.

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good comparison and does show what big time price gouging Stern is doing. Some say toppers are worth more down the road, but think that was when they were selling for $399. Now no one in their right mind will pay you more than a thousand for some flat plastic and LEDs down the road. Stern has killed that idea and made themselves look so bad with this very greedy decision. Would think AIQ topper will also be $1,000.00 for just LEDs and flat plastic. The Chinese who sold those parts to Stern for literally pennies must think we are crazy in the western world paying those sucker prices. As the saying goes: a sucker is born every minute, lol.
Really hoping Stern ends up sitting on a pile of these, with few buyers, sending a message to them, we won’t be “bam-boozeled” with their high price gouging any more.

If AIQ topper is $999 Stern can f**k off with that topper too

Keep them at $599 and I’ll buy and that’s still giving Stern a monstrous profit, $999 and your straight up taking the piss out of your customers.

#2640 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Outlanes are so deceptive/brutal on this game (and they ship with the pegs closed). Yesterday, managed to have a decent game...277M. Today, just fired up a game and scored 8M. I've owned Keith's other 2 games and this seems the toughest...

Glad to see it’s not just me! I had two 300mil plus games back to back thought I was finally getting a handle on the game next 10 games 10mil if I was lucky.

Definitely find Maiden and JP harder overall but they can all equally kick your ass over and over again before having that one game where everything just clicks. All amazing games too but this time the theme was something I loved, so it puts it at the top spot.

#2641 3 years ago

BTW has anyone got their subway out their game currently or a warranty spare/the old broken mech to hand?

#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
My subway dont hold the balls... When a ball is in the subway, it goes directly to the vuk... Do you know why ?
Thanks for your help
Yann

Check your settings it could be set to “walk through”. Feature adjustments but can’t recall the number.

#2649 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So this happened on mine on location this weekend while I’m traveling out of state of course. Is the fix just some slight bending I assume? Been on location about 3 weeks with no issues until this.
[quoted image]

Raise the gauntlet ramp up just enough to allow any ball that jumps onto the upper rail of the Marvel ramp, to pass under, problem should be solved after that.

#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Am I just extremely late noticing that the system menu color on avengers changes (seemingly randomly) each time you go into it? Has this been discussed?

I noticed this the first couple of times I jumped into the menus. Didn’t bring it up figured it was something brought in by the last few games.

#2666 3 years ago

Whosoever holds this hammer, if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.

Mjolnir going in for a test fit and LED test.

CE62FCCE-95D9-4F9B-AD95-DFFAB490BC05 (resized).jpegCE62FCCE-95D9-4F9B-AD95-DFFAB490BC05 (resized).jpegF22AE3D4-1358-405C-A8A9-47343983C263 (resized).jpegF22AE3D4-1358-405C-A8A9-47343983C263 (resized).jpeg
#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro good enough on this one (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

The pro is great, however for me personally I couldn’t live without the Marvel ramp it’s just too cool.

It would be like taking the warp ramp out of Star Trek or the Katana Shot out of deadpool, it’s one of those shots that just makes you smile every single time.

#2677 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's great to have options as I wouldn't mind the Marvel ramp but I actively don't want the subway.

Yeah I could live without the subway, now mines working properly it is a nice feature but wouldn’t miss it. I like the VUK gives me a little time to plan my next move. Marvel ramp on the other hand is a pure joy to shoot i would miss that but the pro is no slouch Elwin like Borg knows how to make killer Pro’s.

#2680 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Topper is gonna be $649 better than turtles but it doesn't even do anything just LEDs and plastic, sad.

Confirmed price? Guessed it would just be static plastics and LEDs from looking at it when I first saw it on the accessories trailer, but from the look of it was hoping the gems would light up when you get them.

If it did that I might be suckered into buying one, plus with all the avengers on it above thanos on the Prem/LE translite will look great!

#2687 3 years ago

Anyone managed to get action button champion? Is it coded?

E32A0ACF-2577-477D-8BEA-26E31CA1A4E5 (resized).jpegE32A0ACF-2577-477D-8BEA-26E31CA1A4E5 (resized).jpeg
#2690 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I think it is a troll. Actually I hope it is a troll because it would be kinda funny.

I remember reading Keith isn’t a fan of the lockdown buttons, if that’s true it would be kinda neat.

#2710 3 years ago

Okay I’m getting somewhere with this now, just need to workout which way to mount it, which way it looks best.

F7B56195-4E9E-4AB0-8B43-D57E4DB489D1 (resized).jpegF7B56195-4E9E-4AB0-8B43-D57E4DB489D1 (resized).jpeg50BEABC0-38A1-43ED-9BA8-E29563397821 (resized).jpeg50BEABC0-38A1-43ED-9BA8-E29563397821 (resized).jpegC22A4A19-8072-4E9A-94FA-E7FA48E4A37D (resized).jpegC22A4A19-8072-4E9A-94FA-E7FA48E4A37D (resized).jpegEC8FA28F-FD37-4E6B-9851-385C04805D4C (resized).jpegEC8FA28F-FD37-4E6B-9851-385C04805D4C (resized).jpeg3E45AB8E-79B0-424B-90F9-9E3399CA7BCE (resized).jpeg3E45AB8E-79B0-424B-90F9-9E3399CA7BCE (resized).jpeg

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone figured out the purpose of the subway? When I shoot a ball into the Strange disc to start a mode, the ball goes into the subway and slow walks through the teeth to the VUK and then is kicked out. You can't even see the ball from the playing position. What is the point of this? I've also changed the setting from the default to "pass-through" but it works exactly the same when starting modes.

The subway holds “portal” locks, which you can build from 1 to 2 balls (maybe 3? I don’t know because I haven’t done it) before opening the portal for a gem guest, essentially turning your quest into a 2 or 3 multiball.

If you have your subway set to pass through it will simply allow all balls to pass straight through into the VUK.

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Had the same issue. Turned down the power on the ball auto launch. No more problems.

#2796 3 years ago

So I lifted the Ant-Man guide to try and stop the pooling and avoid chipping, glad I did as it was probably going to get worse and currently it’s very minimal.

Placed the smallest washer I could find under the rail leg, sorry should have paid attention to what washer I used but basically the smallest that would fit on the rails leg, had to screw it on the leg by hand as the thread was tight.

Put everything back on (ramp after ramp after ramp lol) and then gently tightened the rail until it gripped the washer just enough and the guide wasn’t moving.

Chucked about 30 games on it since and it seems to be working perfectly, no interference with the ball and the rail is nicely off the playfield now, fingers crossed it’s done the job. Thought I would post this up Incase it comes in handy for anyone else.

73BD46FE-C2D6-4064-BFBC-ECFC03308E44 (resized).jpeg73BD46FE-C2D6-4064-BFBC-ECFC03308E44 (resized).jpegCB5094DF-AB8C-4334-A44F-6AD665D3F3BD (resized).jpegCB5094DF-AB8C-4334-A44F-6AD665D3F3BD (resized).jpeg0A55389E-5A56-4ADD-BA7D-DC14905FED28 (resized).jpeg0A55389E-5A56-4ADD-BA7D-DC14905FED28 (resized).jpeg

#2810 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

We may all have to try pressing the left flipper button when going for a Hulk shot to allow more room... kind of like going for the Camera shot on Twilight Zone.

It’s also worth checking your upper flipper is inline with the flipper marker, mine out of the box was inline with the artwork of the hulk orbit which looked right visually but made the orbit a lot tighter.

Putting my flipper in the correct place inline with the flipper marker made a night and day difference I think from a Gamma Ray Spinner champ of 7mil to 33mil.

#2828 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

So I’m contemplating aiq for those that own a premium/Le where does it sit within your collection? For example my current 1-7 is
TWDLE (always will be the king)
Tmnt Le
WH2O
Deadpool premium
Xmen magneto
Iron man
WOZ
I have room for 8 and the above list is bordering on 7 keepers!

You’ve got 7 with room for 8, definitely get an AIQ to fill up your final spot.

The theme is a huge win for me and my family but ignoring the theme it’s the shots and combo possibilities that truly make this game shine and when you start to combo and link all those shots together this game goes to another level.

Code is only .93 but is already great, if you like TWD code you will love the structure to AIQ, tonnes of depth and so many different ways to play it and approach the game.

No.1 game in my collection hands down.

#2840 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I do, zero issues so far.
I thought i was the only one who didn't immediately load the game up with mods and change all the rubbers.

Not just you, I’m in the no mods club too, working on my own Mjolnir and flasher set up as Thor multiball is a little lacking on lightshow, but other than that I’ve just played the hell out of it and protected the playfield from the Ant-Man rail. Upper flipper rubber is still perfect!

#2842 3 years ago

No mods in the game yet so still in the club, bite me yancy! You ain’t having my membership card until I mod the game.

#2849 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They do no leave the black ball trails like the stern rubbers.
Super bands suck but last forever.
Titans are a good middle ground even though they tend to break sooner than good regular rubber and really break down quick in certain applications like noted here.

Any time with perfect play chuck? I’m curious how they compare but won’t be buying any rubbers until this stupid 25% tariff disappears.

#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotta get that fixed! Cauliflower is amazing.
Iron lanes are hard, but I welcome the change. Lane change has been an afterthought for too long.

I actually think stuff like this forces you to become a better player. I don’t know if it’s just coincidental but I’ve had AIQ for 2 maybe 3 weeks (times a blur in this lockdown) and I’ve put up new GC scores on all my other games blowing away my previous GC scores, first time I’ve ever got to warp 9+ on my Star Trek too which felt amazing!

#2903 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Any tips for leveling the disc from one side to the other? Only about 2/3 of my disc is sitting flush with the playfield. Thanks

Same issue here, I’ve made the front 3/4 of my disc level with the playfield while the back 1/4 is still slightly higher than the playfield edge, figures s there’s only returning balls coming out of the pops so that’s going to be the best solution for now.

There doesn’t appear to be a way to leave the disc side to side (front to back) just up and down, so I’ll probably remove the disc mech and put some washers under the back mounts and see if that levels it out front to back.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Does everyones cab have silver bolts in the side art? Seems like black would have blended better. I actually had to go look at my Maiden to see and it does indeed have black bolts. Not a big deal. Just seemed like an odd choice or maybe i got the wrong bolts.
[quoted image]

Mine are silver too.

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Page 54 of the manual has a schematic of the disc mech. Right below the mounting bracket there is a leveling bushing with three lock nuts, I think this is where leveling adjustments need to be made. My disc is slightly skewed, with the back edge slightly above the pf so the effect on game play is mitigated (it still spins and registers, and doesn’t cause too many air balls).
There was a Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure document from Stern posted on this thread earlier. It shows how to adjust the height and calibration the sensor but not how to level the disc. Where does one look for these helpful documents? I couldn’t find any on the stern website...
I might try leveling using the bushing but I was hoping if someone here has already tried they could share their experience.
I am having a blast with this machine! I’ve made it to BOM once, and I’ve collected a few soul gems. I’m still chasing my first soul gem jackpot. The only bummer is that my wife holds the current GC score!
Quick question....I think there is a special challenge mode (battle royale challenge?)....how do you start it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/58#post-5962151

Here’s the post with the up down levelling and sensor gap. I tried the lock nut and the sensor check, all pretty much perfect gap wise around the disc but I still can’t get it level front to back, going to put washers under the back and see if that works.

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When I get into Super Disc the game seems to get caught in an unending loop where the shaker makes the disc move just a fraction so the game registers a very small (25K-100K) Super Disc award. That award causes the shaker to go off again, which causes the disc to move slightly again, which causes another small award, which causes the shaker to go off, which causes....
And it doesn't seem to stop. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing there isn't any adjustment for it and the only thing they could do would be to change code so Super Disc doesn't give points for very small movements of the disc.

How do you intentionally start super disc and super gauntlet? The rules are starting to fall in place but I’ve activated these 2 unintentionally a few times now.

And out of curiosity how many games has everyone put on their AIQ so far? I’m up to about 450 and half that time I’ve been away from home due to work.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

When you make a bingo on the Vision computer grid. Its a huge part of the game. You'll notice Elwin and Davidson talk about stacking these modes with the quests and multiballs to rack up massive points.
I've put about 200 plays on my machine. The only issue I've add is balls getting stuck in the subway.

Ah thank you, it wasn’t until last night watching Jack and Ray that I started to realise the ins and outs of the bingo grid.

I will focus on it later tonight along with portal locks and levelling up the avengers hopefully smash my GC in the process.

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This one shouldn’t break.
But honestly, the only difference is the middle fitment is welded much better than the original. Same overall design. Took me two weeks to get mine from my distributor in the US.

I thought someone had posted a pic of a new mech with a groove in the subway now? My factory original hasn’t broke yet (only matter of time) but there’s no groove like the one I saw posted.

#2958 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That's a different part. The new mechanism looks identical to the replacement, but whatever did change, now works as I have no balls getting stuck going into the scoop. Here's a pic of my old one I need to send back to Stern.
[quoted image]

Sweet thanks Ler, that’s good to know I had it in my head it was all being replaced, I might ask for both parts then, why not?

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

According to what i read somewhere else, The Black Order has the gems and you have to battle each of them for a gem. If you lose, Thanos gets it and it lights up solid. I can only presume that the half lit gem you see is because it’s basically on its way to Thanos via the black order... if he had them all already at the beginning of the game, there would be no battle to begin with.

Correct your battling the black order to stop them giving the gems to thanos, the gauntlet is probably lit for more of a visual que. the topper has all the gems in a row so this might change in future updates?

An option in the menu would be a good way for people to choose if they want the gauntlet lit from the start/when they loose a gem and also doesn’t penalise those that don’t want the topper.

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Pinball browser was updated to add support for the latest AIQ code, so I'm starting the (long) journey of poking around to see what I can do to replace some of the humdrum background music to more rockin MCU tracks.
Anyone else going down the same path?

Nice I look forward to this! Could you also add in Ironmans replusor sounds? The ones in the game just don’t do it for me, those movie SFX are instantly recognisable and make you think of Ironman.

#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

All the ones I've played do that. I think it's supposed to? Kinda sucks in multiball, if you hit the tower and look away to play other balls, it drops STDM after a few seconds. If you keep your eye on the tower, other balls drain. My fix was to sell the game.

Genuinely don’t have that issue here at all, from the tower it usually hits the tip of my right flipper.

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I haven’t seen this posted yet but my week old Pro had a washer on the Pym lane guide that had caused some problems in early runs. Looks like they are making adjustments, good news.
[quoted image]

Great to see the change from factory, wonder where stern got that idea from

FC65E15E-A6B7-4BA0-9047-C5F48395816A (resized).jpegFC65E15E-A6B7-4BA0-9047-C5F48395816A (resized).jpeg
#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Check both sides of the THOR captive ball for the same issue as well.

3 spots on this game to check that I noticed while removing my Ant-man guide to add a washer under the guide,

Ant-Man guide being the most effected!

The 2 guides on either side of the Thor captive ball!

At the end of the shooter lane there is a guide that holds down the shooter lane guide check there as well.

I had super small pooling in all those areas but so far I've only fixed ant-man none of the other areas seem to be getting worse and they are tiny areas effected.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, when I first got my game I identified those same spots and the screws under the apron as most likely trouble spots for this issue. I was able to get washers under the right hand side of the captive ball and the apron, but initially missed the location of the Ant Man nut until you pointed me to it a couple weeks ago. I put a couple fiber washers stacked up under there now though.
I still can't find a nut under the playfield to loosen the left side of the captive ball and sneak a washer under there. Am I missing the nut there also for some reason? It seems like whatever post is at the end of the guide on that side isn't going through the playfield though. It's definitely a spot I'd like to put a washer under but I really don't want to have to remove the entire Marvel ramp to lift the guide and do it.

I just loosened the nuts for the captive ball, they where wrenched down by he-man! And put the washer under ant-man as that guide takes a pounding, at least it does when it’s the one shot I need or want to make

Stupid thing about all this, is stern just need to put washers under these guides as they build the games on the line and they would probably get like 90% less pooling issues from customers

#3108 3 years ago

Any other spots needs attention while I'm under the pf?
I keep hearing the Thor guides? Do those need washers, or is it overkill?

Look at them and see what you think, I haven’t protected mine I’ve just loosed the nuts under the playfield (He-Man must have tightened them up as they wouldn’t shift at first luckily it hasn’t pulled them down into my PF) and lightly retighten to the point it’s holding down the guide securely.

Ant-Man guide is the worst area because the front edge of the guide takes a beating pushing it down into the playfield similar to the Katana guide on Deadpool. And the side/main face of the guide can take a fair amount of ball hits and if the guide isn’t secure and is able to flex she move without being lifted with a washer it will just lift up any pooling and chip your playfield.

#3125 3 years ago

Is anyone planning to remove their Ant-Man scoop anytime soon? If so, it would be a great idea to measure the width of both side of the Ant-Man scoop hole, and sent that over to Cliffy.
That area is going to take a pounding over time, and just all exposed edges, it will chip.
Get some protectors to go over the edge on both side would be a great way to protect your investment.

I believe Cliffy already has those measurements and photos, the full protector set he offers has been updated to include a front edge protector, I’ve got one and it seems to work great.

Major issue with that scoop is mounting there’s a lot in that area under the playfield and the ramp has a flap that drops into the scoop on the right side taking up all the free space to mount.

It’s maihly that front edge that needs protecting so get one of those edge protectors on your and I think your good.

#3144 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Too many?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes!

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Just downloaded new code....seems a lot easier to get multiballs now. Which I like - or maybe I just got lucky.

Hope so reading the read me this morning I was thinking “are they trying to make this game harder with each update”

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

Anyone have a solution for the ball getting stuck under the gauntlet?

Turn down the auto plunger, factory default is way too strong.

#3251 3 years ago
Quoted from Babarr3445:

Thanks! How does a novice like me find that setting?

Go into service menu, adjustments and I’m guessing here but feature adjustments.

I will confirm and give you the exact adjustment number later once I’m home, but if you go into adjustments and check through those and feature adjustments I’m sure you will find it before then. Pretty sure it’s in feature adjustments.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am a big fan of ZY’s work and AIQ looks pretty damn awesome to me. It is the lack of callouts and music that leaves this game feeling hollow to me. Not even close to DP. I have my doubts that Stern will be able to bring this game to the next level. Please please please prove me wrong Stern!

I honestly don’t notice the music at all, I’ll probably add some of the MCU Avengers music into the game at some point.

But it’s all about the shots! DP is one of my all time favourite pins but AIQ is in another league when it comes to shots.

#3314 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – DECEMBER 2020:
Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.94.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

I haven’t even upgraded from .93 to .94 yet, think I might just wait for the double jump to .95 can’t wait!

#3480 3 years ago

Where’s ZMeny with the AIQ topper review??

1 week later
#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Was playing and the post on the spinning disk fell off. Oops. Took off the glass and got it reassembled. Then a random washer appeared on the playfield but I can't figure out where it goes. I put the washer back on top of the spinning disk post so it isnt that one... I did find a post back by the pops that looks like it is maybe supposed to have something on top it - can anyone confirm?[quoted image]

That post should be without a post sleeve, if I hit the hulk orbit clean enough and miss the pops the ball comes straight back to my flippers.

With a sleeve on the ball will come round the guide and hit the sleeve everytime sending it into the pops bouncing it all over the place.

If you prefer that leave it on, I think this ones personal preferences/how your games set up/you want it to play, although Factory is without the sleeve.

#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hulk was very angry!
[quoted image]

Amazing! How did you set that up?

On a side note anyone using ball baron ninjas in AIQ? I know it has the tower magnet but since the balls get a good smack on this game I was considering using them as I’ve had no magnetism issues using them in BM66LE or Star Trek LE due to the limit magnet action.

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Dammit - I knew I forgot something. Thanks lermods.
Attaching a picture of what happened to mine out of the box. Apparently this is a pretty bad example. Stern sent me a hard coat kit, and I'll be getting a new unpopulated playfield.
[quoted image]

Damn! Sorry to see that. Is that the Ant-Man guide or another?

#3618 3 years ago

Finally beat my previous flips high score!

34DE0589-9B10-49A8-8A39-32E9C865909F (resized).jpeg34DE0589-9B10-49A8-8A39-32E9C865909F (resized).jpeg
#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

My 3 year old has played my other games, but this one he claims is his game. Not only that, he won’t let me play it. Selfish little guy.

My 3 year old is the same, my lad often plays my games but not often does he finish a 3 ball game, with AIQ he will play for a good 10-15mins and it’s the game he always goes to and switches on himself randomly through the day.

Quoted from newpinbin:

The pro is the way to go. Great game all the way around.

I actually like the subway and the marvel ramp is amazing, my little boy loves hitting the disc and the ball magically appearing out the VUK. The pro is amazing though but the Prem/LE is my personal fav for this release.

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Finally got my AIQ Premium today and set it up. Perfect out of the box and everything is aligned, etc... Only got a chance to play 2-3 games but I have some first impressions. I think this my be my most favorite pin I’ve owned (I know, it’s just the honeymoon)
1) Unique layout with shots everywhere. Much easier and more approachable than Jurassic Park.
2) Purely subjective but great theme. Loved Star Wars as a theme but I did get tired of it constantly kicking me in the nuts (though I do miss that one)
3) Fantastic art - up there with Deadpool
4) Like the battle format like Deadpool
5) Tons of flow, much more than Jurassic or Deadpool. I’ve never had more combos in my life and that was my first game. I feel like even when I miss my intended shot, the ball does rarely clunks and travels smoothly somewhere.
6) Love the all metal ramps, trails, etc
7) haven’t gotten much of chance to listen to the call outs but nothing glaringly annoying (looking at you little Deadpool)
8) Appears to be very deep with lots of potential to explore the code
9) Why does that Captain Marvel ramp feel so good to hit? I don’t know why but it sure does.
10) the ball drop for Hawkeye reminds me of the missile shot on Jurassic but easier
11) Hulk spinner fun to rip. Not as good as the spinner on Jurassic but close
Complaints so far... well, I need to re-read the pdf with all the rules but in general I have a hard time figuring out what I’m supposed to be shooting for. Hopefully with some more time that won’t matter. And I’m going to add a couple LED spots to shine on the middle of the play field that is pretty dark.

I’ve had my LE for months now so pretty much out the new pin honeymoon stage and I honestly still feel it’s the best game I have ever owned for the reason you listed above!

Once you get more of a grip on the rules the game just gets better and better.

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

No that doesn't solve it at all. I've reduced from 255 down to 180 and it then never makes it around the loop to the flipper and I've still had auto launch balls lodge under the gauntlet. And, as someone else said, it happens on a manual plunge too, that video was with manual plunges. If it doesn't end up sticking under the gauntlet then often the loss of velocity caused by the bouncing around means it doesn't make it all the way around onto the ramp and down to the flipper, even with a full plunge.

Thanks, I was hoping for soemthing that didn't involve disassembling the whole thing. I guess this is just a less extreme version of what Stern have actually done by removing the end of it?

Hmmm, so probably 1-2 hours for me then! I might take a look at that when I have some time. By cut out, do you mean that there's still the same gap all the way, or just that the two sides are split (eg can I just cut through, or do I need to cut out the whole channel).

I’ll do a slo-mo of my ball launch later today and send it over to see if there’s a difference. I’m pretty sure balls coming out my shooter lane hold onto the right of the shooter lane wall and drop into the orbit smoothly but I’ll confirm with a slow mo so you can hopefully get this fixed ASAP!

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Because no one has has brought this up yet - the new AIQ premiums come with washers on the leg bolts ! I looked threw the manual and the setup sheet that comes with the game and no mention of the washers for the bolts .I watched the unboxing LE with the G.O.A.T and it did not have the washers . I went ahead and used them under the bolt head and - they just look funny . So are you useing them or not ? I never knew leg bolts were a problem that you would need washers ?

I had metal washers in my LE but I never use them. I use the pinguard coloured nylon washers. Purple washers look great with the LEs yellow.

3C69D4FF-7952-483E-A1C2-794978E6440A (resized).jpeg3C69D4FF-7952-483E-A1C2-794978E6440A (resized).jpeg

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Perfect. How hard was install

Put a small washer under the guide it’s less obvious than the cliffy (which I have everywhere else) and it works perfectly.

The cliffy is great if your guide has already dug into the playfield.

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. Any instructions on how to install the washer? Is it just loosening the nut below the pf our do you need to remove ramps?

I took off the 2 wireforms and the ant-man plastics then loosened the nuts and lifted the rail, luckily mine had only just caught the playfield so lifting the rail wasn’t an issue, I’d be a lot more careful if the rail is dug into the playfield and it’s caused pooling.

Super easy the parts you need to remove to access the rail, took maybe 20-30mins tops.

#3871 3 years ago

Does the new update block PB again?

#3935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

AIQ hands down! I love Deadpool, like it’s a top 5 Stern/Pin for me but AIQ sits at #1. Ive played quite abit of JP and I think AIQ is a more refined/more accessible version of it, plus the theme is a major winner in my house.

I’ve had mine now about 3/4 months so passed the usual honeymoon phase but AIQ is in a league of its own, it’s the shots and flow that make this game so cool and fun to play.

It’s not your typical fan layout that’s fast because it’s empty, the game feels packed and packed with shots, you can combo until your dizzy.

#3972 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s everyone’s solution for this mega obvious ball trap???? Can’t believe they haven’t picked up on this at the factory. Happening almost every multiball with me.[quoted image]

I’ve still not had any ball traps on my LE must have got super lucky as this one especially seems a major problem for a lot of people.

#3974 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Might try and lower the whole glove.

I’m starting to think this might be the difference, the gap under my glove isn’t big enough for a ball so that’s probably why I’ve got away with it so far.

I bet some are higher, like yours causing the issue and those not getting this ball hang up their games probably have a small gap below their gloves like mine.

#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I put how to do it in the video description
Setup required to get this to work:
- Collect Hulk to use Space Gem once
- Level up Captain America to Level 1 but NOT Level 2
- Level up Black Widow to Level 1 but NOT Level 2
- Place the Space Gem on Hulk and the Mind Gem on Captain America
Once in Soul Gem, immediately press the action button 3 times to collect the first 3 shots. Shoot the Hulk for the 4th shot and press the action button, moving all gems one position to the right and recharging the Mind Gem on Black Widow. Hit the action button 3 more times for the 5th, 6th, and 7th shots. Hope for a friendly return to the flipper for a single shot to the Avengers Tower for the final shot to complete the mode using only 2 flips with 84 flips remaining!

Almost make it sound easy

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i have had massive airballs from it with the playfield protector on.

My mates had the same issue with his playfield protector I removed it for him and the game plays like a dream now.

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I think you may have ordered the frame designed for the DMD style translite. I have a Stern LCD one for my JP translite and it fit perfectly. I was considering a LitFrames one for my pro Avengers autographed one once it arrives someday.

What’s the difference between Sterns and LitFrames? Other than the Stern ones appear to be about half the price of LitFrames?

#4063 3 years ago

Hopefully HOOKED can make his usual killer pop cap upgrades for AIQ!

His pop caps upgrades for TRON, Deadpool and Ironman are amazing upgrades!

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Getting a lot of pms on the custom code with video so lmk post here....
I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.
Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....
I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.
share away!

Gotto have the movie SFX for ironmans repulsors, the factory sound sucks in comparison.

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Bumping my own post, has anyone fitted the magic levelling bush?

Any idea when we are getting our replacement subways U.K. side?

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also weird how Stern molded that gauntlet's gem holes. Instead of oval holes that follow most of the gem and leave a small lip, they just routed circular holes in the center. It's why it looks weird lit with the translucent crappy approximation of gems with a dot of light in the middle instead of the whole gem lighting up.
Does anyone have a picture of the "flex LED board" from inside the gauntlet? I was considering making a ColorDMD-like gasket, but Stern wants $50 for that board so I could test fit and I'd have to make a LOT of gaskets up front to hit the factory minimum, so I decided there wasn't enough of a market to break even...

I’ve got my glass off fitting cliffys give me an hour and I’ll post a pic here Vic.

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Have had A:IQ for about a month now. It's my second pin after STAR WARS. Does anyone else have issues with the balls flying everywhere? On SW I have never had a ball leave the playfield, but with this machine I have balls
flying everywhere, jumping onto rails and occasionally hitting glass. Is that normal?

Bend the stand up targets slightly forward should solve your problem short term.

#4144 3 years ago

Okay cliffys and rubbers completely changed, anyone know how to whip the gauntlet out quick without taking everything on the backboard out.

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I got to say it...the shaker is probably the worst implemented shaker on any newer Stern I'VE ever had so far. Not to say i wouldnt install one i just feel its not used enough yet in the code.

Hasn't stuff like shaker and lightshows been the last stuff Keith has tidied up in his games and rules has been his major priority in updates in his past games?

#4174 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just ordered the knocker kit from PBL. I have it on my IMDN and although it doesn't get used much, and is a lot of money for something that rarely goes off, I just had to get one for my AIQLE. Death to the screech!

First thing I do before I put a game on a new Stern is go into the settings and turn the screech off.

#4191 3 years ago

Sweet! I’m still on 0.93 here I’ll update to .96 when it drops, great way to start 2021.

#4193 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Welp, after about 250 amazing plays or so (God is this game good!) my AIQ Prem won't turn on anymore. For the last week or so I've had to toggle it a couple times for it to boot. Now I hit the switch and nothing. I've opened up the head and I'm seeing power to the CPU board and the PSU board (I think, the one in the bottom right with the huge capacitors). I'll be reaching out to my distributor and/or Stern but wanted to check here first to see if I'm missing something obvious. When I flip the switch, I'm hearing two clicks from the PSU most of the time, though sometimes I get up to four. I can't be sure but I thought it was only clicking once when it was working. My only other machine is a JP Pro and the PSU only clicks once every time it comes on. I'm thinking about swapping the PSU from JP over to test but anything obvious I'm missing before I try that?

Are all the same lights on your AIQ when compared to your JP? Backbox and under the playfield? That was my first check when I had issues with my BM66 and I realised I was missing a green light on a node.

2 weeks later
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nice temporary fix. I'm definitely interested in finding a good long term fix for the left side of this narrow orbit, I'm not a fan of it's design at all, there's just too many things for the ball to snag on. I frequently get rattles in this area and find it hard to believe it isn't happening to everyone.

Genuinely no issues with my LE other than me bricking the right orbit it’s conpletely smooth.

#4575 3 years ago

Yellow surround for LE plaque looks great and really ties it together.

F924FA29-B5F6-47DB-B7C7-3EE56270B1B1 (resized).jpegF924FA29-B5F6-47DB-B7C7-3EE56270B1B1 (resized).jpeg
#4582 3 years ago

And done! Yellow on top with purple outline should look nice lit up.E4D80E0A-F54B-4685-8614-7BE07FC62699 (resized).jpegE4D80E0A-F54B-4685-8614-7BE07FC62699 (resized).jpeg1175A4F4-E38E-4B88-87EA-C1E6134FF971 (resized).jpeg1175A4F4-E38E-4B88-87EA-C1E6134FF971 (resized).jpeg

Edit: everything is centred perfect the angle of the photo makes the yellow and purple look slightly offset.

#4601 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Stuck ball a problem? Grab one of these from Mezel mods, went up on their site 2 days ago. Fits perfectly and easy to install.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bending the guide in towards the bumper works a treat and keeps the factory look.

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’ve been screwing around with Pinball Browser and exploring the videos and callouts. The callouts are 95% Thanos and Dr Strange. And they are really boring. There are so many great quotes from the, what 20 movies. I’ve made a few simple replacements and it makes a big difference in my opinion...

Adding in the Repulser SFX to Ironman multiball make a HUGE difference totally changes the mode with that recognisable SFX, also Led Zep for Thor multiball is another game changer!

#4608 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Yes. Amped up Thor MB with LZ and videos from the opening Ragnarok battle scene. I know its obvious but makes a huge difference.

Add Jarvis/Vision to the drops brings that character into play a lot more.

Also curious if we will see Adam Warlock in a mode, having him so present on the playfield but nowhere in the code of the game seems odd at present.

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One of the best and most subtle software changes is (.98), now the software is raising the teeth in the subway right at the first and catching the ball to keep it hugging the top of the subway and it can actually be seen through the window advancing through to the Antman portal. That is very cool indeed! Prior software, allowed the ball to only stay at the bottom and was not seen unless you lean somewhat forward to see it, which negated the cool effect of seeing the ball advance through the Dr. Strange portal tunnel. Awesome what software can do to fix mechanical issues! Thanks software team!

If you really want to make the subway pop, get something like mirror blade material and cut it to fit the back of the subway, reflects the light and balls so you can see even more!

#4737 3 years ago

Well .98 just made one of Sterns best, possibly Sterns best imo, even better, even attract mode has a cool little light show now but the highlight having thanos not only as the wizard but now as a mini wizard mode which is actually a great mode!

Shoot a gem you wish to defend and fight thanos off brilliant! And the callouts from thanos as soon as the mode is qualified and ready are great!

2C82A277-942A-49C6-ADBA-C871DB4DCFEE (resized).jpeg2C82A277-942A-49C6-ADBA-C871DB4DCFEE (resized).jpeg
#4749 3 years ago

The EULA is more for Stern than it is for us, they have to be seen taking every step they can to protect the IPs they are getting access to use, anyone licensing something is supposed to protect and report any unfair use/modifying or distributing of said content.

#4750 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

In Thanos attack it should (if it does not already) reward you for defeating Thanos by giving you one of the gems he has if you had already lost some to him earlier

Now that’s a great idea! Would add another layer of depth to the mode and the game. Love the Thanos attack mode, gives me something else I can achieve.

Played it twice today and thought it was a fantastic addition thanks Keith/Ray & co, now could you add the above idea if it’s not already there

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I updated the code this morning on my premium and during the first game the disc wouldn’t register any spins. I shut the game down and turned it back on and it worked fine. I was worried that I did something wrong as I changed out the bushing from Stern for the disc leveling issue last week (which did mostly correct my unlevel disc).
I played some games today and could not get the Thanos Attacks mode to start. I collected 2 gems but missed out on the soul one game. The next I missed 1 gem, got the 2nd gem and then the soul gem but the next mode was another gem. When does Thanos come?

I got Thanos attack after my second 3rd gem, I collected the mind gem first then lost one, then played soul gem and then collected power, pretty sure the next shot to the disc/scoop for me was Thanos.

You have to spin the disc and spell strange to qualify/open the disc again for Thanos.

#4761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just got it for the first time. I believe you have to have won the soul gem, and played two other gems (win or lose). Then the next gem mode you start will be Thanos attack instead. So I'm pretty sure you should have gotten it on your second game as you described.
I haven't had a decent game since the update. I finally got Thanos Attack just now, hit one shot and then the ball jumped over my flipper and out. Ugg!
Since you are now risking your Soul gem during Black Order Multiball if you use it to restart the multiball, I do hope there is a way to decline the restart (but I do not think there is a way right now).

Don’t you have to win at least 2 gems plus the soul gem? Thanos attack is him coming after you to get the gems you’ve got, when you start the mode it says choose a gem shot to defend.

I’ll play some more later and see what I can confirm.

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got my Mezel Mods installed today - tower and Sanctum. Very nice must have improvements. It’s impressive how far 3D printing has come - wasn’t a fan in the past because you could clearly see the ridges and it was obvious it was 3D printed. With these mods it’s very hard to tell.
The one thing I was hesitant about with the Sanctum replacement was losing the downward spot light onto the spinner. And I was correct - it made it very dull and dark in that area, which is disappointing since it’s such an important part of the game:
[quoted image]
So I installed a stand up Spot light on the post to the left of the ramp - was a perfect fit - screwed straight on to the post. Will run the cable back under the ramp and behind the backbox and splice into the same wires as the original spot. Easy and worthwhile mod IMO. After:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy fix for the flasher could be a plastic that sits above the sanctum without blocking the view, it could be designed to look like a portal with the flasher secured inside facing downward at the disc.

Would kinda make sense as a portal since they are so heavily featured in the game at the disc.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

so chrome balls work alright in this game then?

I’ve got ball baron ninjas in mine and no issues at all.

#4896 3 years ago

From the stern of union there’s more new code coming this month!

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

who else loves the captain america shot?
People say its the hardest shot in the game but i think its ant-man.

It’s tough but it’s a great shot that feels great when you can nail it smoothly and it rips back round and out the hulk orbit.

There isn’t a shot that doesn’t feel great on this game Keith’s best layout and my favourite layout ever, even the antman scoop which are usually Lackluster to hit feels great because it’s a tough shot and it’s the only shot other than the subway that gives you a second to look up and workout what’s next.

3 weeks later
#5436 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The nerd in me is yelling "how can there be a Tesseract if Thanos has the gems?"

Yeah I saw that ages ago, bugged the hell of me, it’s an easy design, quick cash grab mod so accuracy isn’t really a priority.

#5439 3 years ago

Little shout out to Chris aka Mr_Tantrum for these flipper toppers, super cool guy who made sure the designs where exactly what I wanted and the quality is brilliant, highly recommend Chris and his flipper toppers.

8448D178-1077-4696-9ABA-1163CF52CFBC (resized).jpeg8448D178-1077-4696-9ABA-1163CF52CFBC (resized).jpeg
#5565 3 years ago

Anyone got the part number for the disc levelling kit? Thank you.

#5567 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Mine has just turned up but whether it'll fit my pro I don't know? not sure of part number but there's a document number 755-7711-00 on the instructions.[quoted image]

Did you get that from Phil or direct from Stern? Haven’t heard a thing about the new subway or disc levelling kit.

#5569 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I am seriously interested in an AIQ. I have played the Premium and prefer its gameplay over the Pro. However, I do not care for Thanos all over the place on the translite and cabinet. I understand I can order a Pro translite, but I'm still stuck with the cabinet art. I also gather that many people (perhaps most) prefer the Premium cabinet art.
Is there any way to do a cabinet swap? i.e., find somebody with a Pro that wants the Premium cabinet, and swap cabinets? Or possibly purchase the Pro cabinet graphics from Stern?

Totally agree if arts your thing then the Translite you best is a good idea but as for the side art you don’t play the side art.

I love the thanos artwork but honestly I barely look at it, too busy playing the game, grab the Stern art blades that are a little more avengers themed and I don’t you will ever worry to much about that side art, if it really bothers you, you could just order a full set of pro decals and redecal the cab.

#5630 3 years ago

So instead of adding super sized outline posts, I put the game on 5 ball last night, complete game changer for me, changed it from the best game I’ve ever owned to the absolute best game I’ve ever owned

Ironically I didn’t beat my GC (3ball) score but that was just one of those games where everything goes right.

#5646 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The Captain Marvel shot (previous code anyway) is one of the more valuable shots in the game... it awards mysteries and also builds towards extra ball, etc., plus it's great to use with Black Widow for combos.

Name a shot that isn’t great to use with another for combos?

The flow and combos on this game are nothing short of brilliant and with the new code by far Elwins best game, love my LE.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Played the new code tonight. I’m really digging it. Managed to get more extra balls than I’ve ever gotten before so that was nice. Love the new gauntlet animation after winning/losing a gem. Game feels much more polished than it did at 0.91 code.
I just wish there were more call outs during the battles...Like I want the black order to snack talk me, make fun of me for missing shots or taking too long. And wheres the call out for beating one of the black order members? Sometimes I have no idea if I’ve won or not. I just happen to look at the pot belly ramp and see the “collect gem” insert blinking... I guess this is what we are gonna get from a call outs/music standpoint. Animations are fine since I play pinball and look at the Playfield most of the time. Just wish there was more life in the game sound-wise.

If Elwins track record is anything to go by, that should all be coming in following updates.

Maiden is on 1.08 and JP is on 1.03 code revisions and quite a lot was added to those games, pretty sure even new modes in those updates past 1.0.

Looks like the rules and modes are all pretty much final now, loving the extra depth to the captain marvel ramp with the hurry up and multiplier changes.

New light shows and gauntlet animations are also fantastic!!

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Are we still stuck with the boring trophy room screen as the main screen we see 75% of the time?

Rarely look up at it but yeah it’s still there and I don’t see it changing, trophies are a big part of the game and when you have two of the worlds best players designing the rules for people like me (shit player) up to people like them (the elite players) they are a great inclusion.

Should have been a hall of armour instead of trophies but it’s no biggie to me, I’m digging the trophies, sometimes I don’t even play with points in mind, I try and play for those trophies as I have trophy multiball set to 10 trophies, it just adds another level of depth and another way to play, pure genius and moving pinball forward with the times for a wider audience who grew up on achievements and trophies.

#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.
[quoted image]

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, usually off a super hard super clean shot to the marvel ramp.

On my game that bottom straight at 6.5 was almost flat and on those super hard shots the ball would hit the end of the wireform and bounce back up to the corner and not have enough momentum to roll back down.

I removed the bottom washer from the wireform and added a couple nylon washers further up the ramp, put the game at 6.7 too and works perfectly now.

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

According to Google:
What does it mean when Captain Marvel goes binary?
Marvel, then taking on the Captain Marvel mantle. During her recovery, she discovered that she could absorb energy into herself and charge her DNA. If she absorbs enough energy she can regain her Binary form for short periods, doubling her power. Powering up this way is often referred to as “going Binary.”

And perfectly integrated into the game as the ramp goes x2

#5758 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Last batch from ball baron where dull as shit, horrible. I'll be avoiding his carbon balls.

Yeah the Polaris or whatever they are called for games with magnets in, where crap, factory balls that came with my AIQ and BM66 both had a better shine and finish on them.

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So guys that have played both pro and premium is it worth the upgrade really considering this as my next game.

That marvel ramp is worth every penny imo, it just never gets old, it’s the only shot I enjoy more than the Warp ramp on Star Trek.

I’m also a big fan of the lifting disc, subway and VUK, they break up an otherwise non stop combo fest, which for me gives me time to think and workout what’s next. No regrets at all going for an LE.

#5800 3 years ago

So I managed to get my disc completely level, it wasn’t bad to start with out the box, with a little tweaking I got it perfectly level with the playfield at the front half but slightly higher and unlevel at the back between 10 and 2.

So I put pieces of 2mm ply under the back end of the mech BOOM perfectly level.

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Wait - So your saying you can Backhand the CM ramp ? I've never seen any one else do that and I can't even come close .

I’ve done it but only a couple of times and that’s without the fix in place.

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Not from a stopped ball, sometimes with rebound velocity in multi ball it has happened from the right flip but I wouldn’t really call that a backhand shot.

I’ve done it from a fast rolling entry down the right inlane and straight off the flipper.

No idea if I’ve ever done it in multiball, I find multiballs pure chaos in this game.

#5826 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Just put Slingshot power to 30 and can confirm that it helps against the drains

That’s always worked for most games, having it lower just seems to fire it like a 3 point shot, up and in the outlane.

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

not sure they are pointless, I have seen broken plastics on many machines. you can do with yours what you want right? just trying to take care of it that is all.
We will see if they are useless or not, it is just a hobby, you learn by trying things and maybe your experience will change your opinion over time.
what is really funny is that I was not going to do any of this, but this morning I dropped a post all the way back into the PF, the only way t get to it was by removing a ramp, at that point I said 'F this, I am doing the PF protector then' lol and here I am, 12 hours later still going at it.
At the end of this am I getting a diploma or something?

Get rid of that playfield protector makes most games play like ass! Agree that plastic protectors can help, certainly saves you spending $200 on a new plastic set.

But I don’t understand why yours are the exact same size as the factory plastics? That’s not going to protect anything, it just means the plastic will break and the protector won’t if the ball hits them right on the edge, any good plastic protector should over hand the original plastic slightly.

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

I enjoy the Doctor Strange disc RPM...but the sound effect chime feels poorly integrated.

I plan on doing a PB audio mix once code is complete.

1 week later
#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone have any examples of powder coated armor on AIQ Premium? I don't like the Yellow LE, but wonder how it would look on the Prem cabinet that's less yellow. Any other colors that anyone has done?
How about the wireforms? There's so many of them that I wonder if any color would be over doing it.

Purple powder on the premium is the best I’ve seen looks stunning!

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Every now and then i find myself thinking how well this layout would have worked as a Spiderman game. My 7yr old love Spiderman so its a shame i dont like the pinball machine but wow would Avengers have worked well as a Spiderman game with its crazy wireforms and the way the ball sticks up in the tower.
Thats it. Juat a passing thought.

You don’t like Sterns Spider-Man? It’s one of Sterns best and easily one of Ritchies best layouts. I thought everyone liked that game

#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from jwtcmu9316:

Hey everyone, I played an AIQ Pro and loved it but I'm eyeing an AIQ Premium. However, the internet is filled with people complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp. Is it really that bad? Or is it just meant to be hit on a ball feed? It feels like it's keeping me from placing my order.

Like any pin it takes some tweaking to get it setup perfect. I’ve had no issues with marvel ramp but I put a plastic on the ramp (a clear version of tdiddy mod) and it made the shot even better, only bad shots get rejected now.

No regrets here with my LE, if you can go premium do it.!

#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any recommendations on the best art blades for AIQ Prem?

Sterns official blades are the best without question!

#6307 3 years ago

I’d take the marvel ramp all day everyday over the TK lock.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure the code is the same on both games, but I could be wrong.

Can you go binary on the pro? I’ve not had the chance to play one.

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want to spend hours dialing in a shot again. Haha.
I don’t know what going binary means sorry.

I must have been pretty lucky with my LE, the marvel ramp was probably 85-90% on my game out the box.

I have had the ramp off to put cliffys on and put washers under a couple of the ball guides and there’s a lot of tension in that ramp, getting it back on all screw mounts takes a little force, maybe try playing with the ramps as a whole.?

With the clear plastic marvel ramp fix I’m at like 95% on the marvel ramp and that 5% is most of the time my fault.

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone able to get a levelling disk kit 535-2390-00 and DHL it to me in the UK? LE version thanks. And thanks to the folks who PMed me (but had pro version).
Thanks,
Neil.

How much is yours off Neil?

Mine was slightly high at the back (between 11 and 1) after I messed about with it out of the box, got fed up of waiting for the fixes so wedged a couple small nylon washers at the back of the mech and it’s perfectly flat now mate.

2 weeks later
#6578 3 years ago

I’ve got ball baron super chromes in my AIQ and STLE no magnetism issues at all. TMNT on the other hand magnetises them fast!

A lot of it seems to depend how the games is using the magnets.

#6612 3 years ago

Still no Adam Warlock in the game...?

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, just sick of hearing aboot him

Well then...

58EBDAB1-0E19-4F14-B6A3-A3448B1AB4E3 (resized).jpeg58EBDAB1-0E19-4F14-B6A3-A3448B1AB4E3 (resized).jpeg
#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I've never even heard of him other than in posts in this thread!

You will be hearing and seeing a lot more of him once GOTG3 drops, he could even show up or be mentioned in Thor Love & Thunder.

1 week later
#6807 2 years ago

Any chance of some lenses for the topper from PinMonk ?

#6870 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I should have access to a topper on this next run from Stern that's supposedly coming any day now. What's the problem with the topper gem lighting? I haven't seen it in person yet.

Stern used bright white led boards behind the gems so they get a little washed out as well as being able to see the spot of the white led clearly.

A set of your lenses could diffuses the spot of the led plus add a little more colour to the gems rather than having the coloured gem wi the a white light in the middle of them.

#6874 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, I understand now. In that case, I would probably use a diffusion filter and a color gel to get the color more intense. Once Stern ships out the next shipment of Avengers toppers (supposedly this month), I'll see what I can do.

Awesome Vic, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

4 months later
#8442 2 years ago

Finally got the base down to the right scale, hammer and lightning effects fit perfectly now, well they look like they do

Just need to wire the Mjolnir up so it glows and flashes blue and add a white flasher linked to Thor multiball insert, really does need more lightshows especially the god of thunder he deserves something flashy!!

3F8E26B8-C8AC-4DA8-AF9B-DCB59B1F3CE5 (resized).jpeg3F8E26B8-C8AC-4DA8-AF9B-DCB59B1F3CE5 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#8675 2 years ago

Great news, let’s go!

Oh wait we all need to wait for a code update and then for the eventual release of connect so we are able to buy a connect kit to install

1 year later
#11028 1 year ago

Any one know of anywhere that might have a spare right ramp?

#11038 1 year ago

Looking at adding a flasher to the hulk spinner.

#11058 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Good luck with that. I'm trying to get the pre-IC apron plastic for AIQprem for months now and no news from distributor, and Stern told me "no" to my 2 emails attempts...
Hope someone make a replacement in the future...

I can supply these if there is enough interest.

Supplied, Deadpool and tmnt plastics moving onto Mando next.

1 year later
#12514 3 months ago

Anyone able to confirm if a revised subway mech or fix kit was ever issued by Stern?

When the LEs originally shipped they had problems with balls jumping past the teeth in the subway and the subway loosing track of where the balls where staged.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 16.00
8,924 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
10,250 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.