IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 3 years ago

Just put deposit down on a premium. Was told most likely Q1 2021. Would be nice to get by end of year but I'm okay waiting, after all I did preorder a Rick and Morty!

1 week later
#564 3 years ago

Is there different artwork for the premium? The flyer suggests that and I vaguely remember IMDN prem wasn’t shown right away.

3 months later
#4627 3 years ago

Have a down payment in for a premium but debating switching to a pro. The only thing I think I will miss is the vertical ramp. Any chance Stern will have the subway / disc / ramp fix in place when the premiums go back on the line? (although the ramp isn't really acknowledged is it?)

#4655 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice everybody but I think my wallet and impatience got the best of me. Will be an official club member tomorrow afternoon with a new Pro. Not that I don't like messing with the machines, but with the R&M and the IMDN Premium I had, and reading about the issues, I think I'll be happy without the extras. Excited to finally get to play it!

#4674 3 years ago

So I got my pro today. December 5 build. Didn't see any noticeable defects with pooling or anything except a sliver along the CM spinner lane. The Strange disc though is way off, high on one side, low on the other. Ball jumps everywhere when hitting it. I figured I'd have issues with the premium but looks like I'm going to have to fix it. Really fun to shoot though in the few games I've played. Definitely need the sanctum(?) mod though. Really nice looking machine though.

#4688 3 years ago

For the uneven/wobbly sanctum disc fix, the part you get from Stern, what is the difference between the new one and the one you are replacing? I can imagine why it is lopsided as it was manufactured and sat in the box for 2 months with the weight leaning towards the side with the post. Is that just a fresh bushing that might not be warped or is it a totally different piece?

#4691 3 years ago

Mine rides up about that high but it's on the opposite side of the post. I looked underneath and you can see it wobble. Wicked airballs all around with that lip like that.

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

So my protection ring is level but the actual disk is higher on one side. Any hints how to level that out. I have the Pro. It registers all the hits ok but launches the ball like a sweet bmx ramp hahah.

I checked with my distributor and they have Stern sending me a kit to fix. I'm assuming it's the bushing kit in the saved posts up top even though I have a pro instead of a premium. I'll post on here when I get it. That ball from the upper flipper does some crazy things hitting that disc.

1 week later
#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Stern is sending me a new spinner disk kit for my pro. Anyone gotten theirs yet?
Is it really an improvement on it being level?
Easy to put in?
Thanks!

Mine is arriving today. Will post tomorrow on the results.

#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Groo - When you set yours up let us know if Stern put the safety pin on the Cash Box or is the Cash Box just flopping around inside like mine was and others I've seen ? Stern can't even do that right !

The pin was in and box secure.

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Stern is sending me a new spinner disk kit for my pro. Anyone gotten theirs yet?
Is it really an improvement on it being level?
Easy to put in?
Thanks!

I got my bushing and put it in but it made no difference. The shaft on the sanctum disc itself is not straight. It's only slightly off but enough to put it out of whack. After swapping the bushings I kind of got a feel for how it works so I was able to lower the assembly slightly so that the disc is not sticking up over the playfield. Not perfect solution so will request a new sanctum disc as I didn't see how I could remove the shaft to make it straight. Put one game in after the fix and got my high score! Ball not launching in the air anymore off the disc.

1 month later
#5784 3 years ago

I am very happy with my Pro. Other than a wobbly sanctum disc, this thing has been a champ (waiting on Stern replacement). I do hate the wimpy sound coming out of the CM spinner and that ramp seemed nice, but the other options I don't miss. I'm pretty sure you can't back hand the CM ramp, but I sure can nail that spinner with the right flipper, so maybe the game is a bit easier. I put my pitch to 6.7 and really don't feel cheated by the outlanes that much. IMDN seems worse to me. Can't wait to get the topper and other accessories as I think this is a keeper.

#5794 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think my Dr strange isn't perfectly flat but not sure it can be? how flat does it have to be all around, I think I can see one side as being slightly higher than the rest but do not think this can be corrected?
Is everyone Dr. Strange disc perfectly flat? levelled with the PF? mine does not seem to be at the moment, but this has not caused any issues so far...
I can try to lower it but do not think the actual disk is actually flat, I might need to take a closer look.
[quoted image]

you can lower that disc easy enough. My problem is that it is lopsided and before I lowered it there were a ton of airballs when the balls would hit the raised end. Now I get an occasional ball resting on the lower side of the disc that now sits a little below the playfield, but the airballs are gone.

2 weeks later
#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Pro owner. I've seen a few posts that reference the same issue I'm having, which is that the spinning disc has a wobble. The "disc leveling" PDF from stern, and their associated adjustment kit, affects only disc height relative to playfield, but seemingly does nothing for wobble. I've disassembled the whole mech and my issue is that when the post is screwed into the disc scoop, there is a wobble. The post is not orthogonal to the plane of the scoop. So no amount of leveling fixes it. Distro and stern have provided no help. Anyone else with this issue come up with a hack? I've gotten it to where there are no more airballs, but the lack of flushness affects how the ball rolls over the disc. Thanks for any help.

They are sending me a new disk hopefully level. I do have it now where there are no air balls but the ball will get stuck on the ring once in a while.

3 weeks later
#6652 2 years ago

Ours was doing the same thing. The ball was exiting the wireform and hitting the ball guide. We slid it back a little bit and tightened the screw down and it's much better. Occasional weird hop out of there but mostly just feed the flipper.

2 months later
#7494 2 years ago

I just got word my topper is in stock now and picking it up on Monday.

#7530 2 years ago

The topper definitely keeps me pushing the start button. I haven’t really spent a whole lot of time with my avengers but now I’m playing it more and more and getting better and getting more gems with the topper kind of egging me on to try to get one more completed.

#7535 2 years ago

I'm already getting better at the gems. I can see it now, 5 of 6 lit up and I have to go to bed then to work. Come home and my son will say hey I got that special multi-ball today after I got that last gem...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=groo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.