IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6991 2 years ago

The adventure begins... by getting it down the stairs.

20210520_170246.jpg20210520_170246.jpg
#6995 2 years ago

Who has photos and the name of their purple powder coated premium? I did a search, and only found one example in this group.

#7009 2 years ago

Had a great time playing my daughter on the new AIQ today. I had the ball get stuck twice. I've searched and found where others have had similar issues, but no details on a fix. If there is a keyword I'm missing, I'm happy to search.

20210522_130756.jpg20210522_130756.jpg20210522_131842.jpg20210522_131842.jpg
3 weeks later
#7271 2 years ago

Just got most of my parts back from the powdercoat guy. A board on his powder rig fried with 3 parts to go. I finally got all of the metal for SW and BM66, so I dropped that off yesterday, and took what he had.

This is "Violet Sparkle" from Prismatic.

20210615_100203.jpg20210615_100203.jpg20210615_100332.jpg20210615_100332.jpg
#7331 2 years ago

Did you pull the coin door switch to re-energize all of the nodes?

1 week later
#7438 2 years ago
Quoted from azcraigfamily:

Born on date June 1 2021. Shipped with 1.02 code. Plays great so far first 50 games other than plunger doesn’t plunge ball all the way around. Auto plunge works fine- manual plunge results in basically a soft plunge that sometimes only results in black panther skill shot. Will check alignment today. But damn this game is fun.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had this issue as well. It worsened after adding the Infinity Stone shooter rod. I switched over to a red spring from Pinball Life, and no longer have an issue. I asked Stern for one: they just suggested removing a washer. You can email too, they probably need the data points to make the change.

20210630_120327 (resized).jpg20210630_120327 (resized).jpg
#7442 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I love all the available mods for this game. I got the Diddy PYM lab and Captain Marvel ramp fix. Also from Mezel Mods I got the Avengers tower, and The Doctor Strange Sanctum. Lastly from Stern I got the art blades (for my birthday) last weekend. I wanted to show a couple of custom mods I added in I think they turned out okay. I bought both figures about 3 months ago, knowing exactly what I was going to do with them once I finally got my AIQ premium! Captain Marvel goes great right in the middle of her ramp! Iron Man was hard to find a spot for, but I wanted to keep him in the foreground so the buildings wouldn’t look to silly in size comparison. What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great! Do you recall where you got those figures?

#7444 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks very much!
Yeah bud! I got them at Target. I have actually looked for captain marvel several times since but can’t find her. I was going to make some more.
Here’s a pic of them!
Takes a bit of work to get them off the stands. I used a Dremel. Then I had to drill holes in them to get em lit up. Well worth the trouble though! [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome work. How are you lighting them? I don't see wires?

#7447 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

gorditas
Here’s some pics. I actually wanted to try something anyway, so I did while taking pics for you. I ran the fiber optics straight to the Insert just below the Captain Marvel ramp entrance. This way her eyes are lit white and when you go binary they change colors. Running it directly to this led would eliminate needing an extra socket underneath too. You could actually run the optics to any GI bulb and you wouldn’t need an extra socket. May end up switching it back. Anywho here’s the pics. I hate how they upload random order but hopefully you can make it out. The pics of CApt Marvel show the optics coming from the back of her head and under the playfiled you can see the optics wire tied to the socket with the flex bulb. Another pic I just showed where I’m trying to see how it looks with the “binary” bulb shining on it during gameplay. Will probably switch it back. It’s just temporarily taped to the playfiled underneath at that LED.
The iron man pics just show the flex bulb In his back and the wire running through the playfield and clipped on a gi socket.

Really nice work. Using fiber optic tube like that is brilliant.

#7460 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered a 100 times in this thread, but is there anyway to adjust the CM ramp to ensure more shots are made? I bought and installed the ramp fix mod, but RARELY do the shots make it all the way around. It's getting really frustrating...almost ruining the game experience for me. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated. Joe

It sounds counterintuitive, but try lowering the flipper power a little bit. If any bounce is induced at the ramp, it causes rejects.

#7464 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you watch Dead Flip's Avengers youtube video you will see that even Keith doesn't go for that shot very often, from my perspective it's the hardest shot on the game to get right, it has to be 98% in the 'Sweet Spot' to get it. I've been working on my wire form as it likes to stick balls even if I do make the shot cleanly. The wire form has a couple of pinch points, it's bad enough it will trap two balls
[quoted image]

I had to pinch mine, as it would drop balls just past the tip of the lexan. Missed shots weren't the problem: it was landing in the same spot as if it fell out of the side and required glass removal.

#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Another question. Haha. Placing an order soon for new rubber.
Has anybody ordered a Titan kit for AIQ? Are the stern post sleeves always tapered slim? Just looking at them through the glass they look standard, but I guess they do look a little thicker up too. Is slim tapered always the safe bet when ordering for stern. Also manual lists 7 post sleeves but I only see 6. I thought maybe I was missing one near upper pop bumper, but looks like every picture I see of this game there is no post there.

The posts are indeed tapered slim. I suggest ordering red and blue for those, and using them to match artwork colors as needed. I definitely recommend the low bounce flippers: standard Titans had balls bouncing over the flippers during multiball. I started with blue, but I'm liking red better. I'm happy with clear on the slings. The star post on the left outlane has made it slightly easier to save, but it still likes to drain: I don't feel like I'm cheating. Those take 5/16 rubber. Don't forget the silicone playfield washer for that.

Titan's purple is great in my MMR, but looks out of place in AIQ. Superband's purple is better in this game, and is what I have on the upper flipper.

20210708_233124 (resized).jpg20210708_233124 (resized).jpg
#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks bud. I contacted Titan and had my flippers switched to low bounce, and also added color options for the post sleeves.

You are welcome. Titan makes great products, and has awesome service. Don't forget to stretch those flipper rubbers over the larger radius end of the flipper to keep them from breaking. They'll likely be discolored at first after being stretched: pull them around like a drive belt, and the color will return.

1 week later
#7591 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Anybody replace the spinning disc rubbers yet? How’d that work out? The old ones are on clear piece. I’m trying to get them off now. I ordered replacement stern 1/2 inch from Titan and now that I have the original out…they kind of look tapered. I’m not quiet sure the best way to get the old off, but they are already showing signs of damage and need replaced.
——UPDATE——
got one end off and almost got the other. Anybody else trying this, I used 2 sets of pliers I had. Pull one end off and then used both pliers to push the other end up to the edge and eventually worked it off. Sheesh stern what were you thinking. Eventually we gotta replace this stuff!
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They are actually rubber? They are so solid that I thought they were plastic. How does it play with the Titans on there?

I would probably split them, if I decide to remove them on my machine.

#7606 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I'm going to have to cob thru the thread to find potential Capt Marvel ramp fixes. Finally got over to play my buddies and it was shooting smooth right up that bad boy; whilst mine (with tdiddy mod) still rejects 70% of the time.
Got beneath and took off the 2 bolt holding it on but still couldn't really adjust it at all. I believe I heard there was some bending needing on some?

Mine needed some bending in the wireform to keep the ball from falling out just after it passed the factory lexan. I'm local if you want to come compare to try and narrow it down. Have you tried a slow motion video to isolate where the trouble occurs?

#7609 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I think I’m already adjusting
I just put up a new top score tonight, and I was able to get 3 gems. Not saying much, but for me it’s a big win! Dang that Iron Man multiball couldn’t keep up. I was killing shots. Wish I had recorded that! The auto launch was popping and there weren’t even balls in there. Crazy!
Yeah just took a few plays to get used to it!

After having the new disc rubber for a while, what do you think? Any change in how it spins? Increase in air-balls? I have Titans everywhere else in the game. I didn't do the spinner because I thought it was a unique part.

#7615 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Seems about the same. I like it. I get air balls anyway due to the disc height itself(I think) i still get those on occasion, but as far as the rubber, it seems fine. I will shoot a video and post to YouTube, and link it here in this comment. Gimme 30 minutes.
Lol
Ok I’m back and as promised Here’s a short video of the Titan rubber post sleeves on the Doctor Strange spinner! Looks and works great IMO
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bcb24cac81395584c7647e921bcfb4ffd0c09c3a-1627177873-1800"};
//]]>

Awesome, thanks for the update. If anything, I think it might spin faster! What part number did you order? Looks like those are orange? I will probably go with yellow or red. Most of my posts are red, with a couple of blues. I'll have to mock something up when I get back home.

1 week later
#7721 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

What size rubbers are you guys using for replacement on the spin disc? This is my 1st table and I just replaced all the rubbers with a titan package(and have another 2 back up sets). Upon looking at the titan package and at the owners manual neither seem have the disc spinner rubber listed…. Or maybe I am not seeing it. Thank in advance for the assistance.

See post #7616 for all of the details you seek.

#7734 2 years ago

For those interested in replacing the 1/2" rubber on the portal, I found a very easy method of removing the very high durometer rubber from the plastic post, using tools you should already have. You will need

1. A clamp (a C-clamp would work, but would be more difficult to manage)
2. 7/16" 1/4-drive, deep well socket
3. 1/4" extension or hex-socket (pictured)

Place the flush end of the assembly against the socket, so that the rubber is centered on the OD. Place the 1/4" extension on the post, on the opposite end. Tighten the clamp slowly. It should take very little effort to push right off. If not, you are probably not clearing the post.

20210806_204802 (resized).jpg20210806_204802 (resized).jpg20210806_204855 (resized).jpg20210806_204855 (resized).jpg20210806_204915 (resized).jpg20210806_204915 (resized).jpg
#7749 2 years ago

I noticed that my "Thor" ball wasn't very shiny, and was leaving a trail on the plastic as it rolled. I took it apart last night and found out why: the oil had never been wiped off before being installed! After cleaning the plastic and waxing the "Thor" trough, I installed a spare Ninja I had. It looks much better, and more closely matches the fixed ball.

20210806_214141 (resized).jpg20210806_214141 (resized).jpg20210807_211815 (resized).jpg20210807_211815 (resized).jpg
#7787 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Team, is autoplunger supposed to shoot it around the loop fully or drop it into the pops? thank you

At factory power, up the ramp and around. Pops are a weak plunge. I sometimes do a weak manual plunge before the ball save to go through the pops, and fall into the open portal.

#7803 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Folks using pinstadiums? Any photos if so? thanks!

I've got a factory set, and a set I built myself on other games. I really think this game is bright enough without, especially with mirror blades. I've actually turned down the max lighting level on flashers and inserts.

1 week later
#7855 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Hey everyone. I just installed the Stern light up gem shooter rod today and lined everything up exactly the same as the original. Now when I launch I most of the time cannot get the ball through the full
Metal ramp structure. Auto launch is no problem but manual shooter rod does not have enough power.
Any thoughts on a fix? Should I call Stern or possibly take the spring from the original rod and put on the new one? Both are orange springs.
Appreciate any help!!!

It took a red spring from Pinball Life to fix mine.

#7869 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Hey y'all, just ordered a premium, trading in my full upgraded spiderman red and adding the cash. This is my first ever NIB purchase. This'll be my second stern I've owned, 1st spike and 7th pin I've owned since I started almost two years ago. So it's been a wild ride from buying and fixing to finally getting a new in box premium.
Got pretty good trade quote out of spiderman so I'm pretty happy about it.
When I get games I usually like to dress them up real nice with upgrades and mods. The spiderman I'm trading in had colordmd, FF speakers and sub, comets, led ocd, titans, and then some.
I'm wanting to see what modifications are going to need to be bought to fix design issues before it gets here, like I feel like the captain marvel ramp would get rejects, and possible balls getting stuck in places, if there's anything I need to get now to put on when I set up please let me know, pictures appreciated.
Saw that pinball life makes a star post kit for outlanes and a center post/mylar protector kit (no drilling or playfeild modification needed) for the center. I'll prolly order those and wait to put on until I see exactly how brutal this game will be on me and my family.
I also want to see what tasteful mods people use and what they look like applied and how y'all feel about them. I know the sanctum and the avengers tower is a must so that will be gotten. I saw some people using the pym building which I don't like, I'd prolly rather use the black panther cave cause it looks badass and doesn't block art blades.
Saw that tilt graphics has a mod bundle that looks good with the lock down bar engrave plate, and I think I prefer their art blades over the stern style.
But yeah, I'm rambling and excited, I just want to take this premium and basically over time turn it into my own personal LE: art blades, mods, powder coating (maybe purple or a bronze?)
Can't wait to officially be in the club

Purple powdercoat definitely looks good on AIQ.

20210630_113425 (resized).jpg20210630_113425 (resized).jpg20210630_120327 (resized).jpg20210630_120327 (resized).jpg
#7905 2 years ago

Tonight I installed the all-metal disc mod from 1956PINHEAD that I bought this week.

The workmanship is really amazing. He includes all of the hardware, including Loctite. Shipping was quick as well.

I would suggest picking up a small wrench set, or very thin crescent wrench. The crescent wrenches that I have are far two wide to fit on the Stern shaft flats. A 4.5mm open end wrench fit perfectly. I also used dry lube on the bearing and the shaft.

I ended up cutting a piece of mylar to go over the sticker. That may or may be necessary, but now was the time. I also de-burred the machine screw a bit to keep any edges from wearing through the sticker.

The disc now spins so easily, and looks beautiful. The difference is absolutely amazing. As seen in the photo, the replacement disc is actually lighter than the factory. I would 100% order this again. Great job!

20210827_224943 (resized).jpg20210827_224943 (resized).jpg20210827_225043 (resized).jpg20210827_225043 (resized).jpg20210827_225258 (resized).jpg20210827_225258 (resized).jpg20210827_233623 (resized).jpg20210827_233623 (resized).jpg20210827_233650 (resized).jpg20210827_233650 (resized).jpg20210827_234703 (resized).jpg20210827_234703 (resized).jpg
#7909 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So guys played a pro yesterday and a premium Jurassic Park. I am not a huge Marvel fan but damn this pin was fun. I have a Monster Bash remake SE I was going to trade in towards JP, but after playing AIQ I am torn.
So if I go AIQ, pro or premium? Is the premium up charge worth it? Cabinet art is pretty badass. I do own Guardians now. JP is a blast also. Thanks for any feedback.

I had a JP Pro that I just traded towards an IJTPA. I still think JP Pro is the best bang for the buck in pinball for a new or single game owner. But after getting an AIQ Premium, I hardly played JP. I love the theme of JP far more than any comic book, but the gameplay and smoother shots on AIQ are just that much better. I do think the Premium is worth it on AIQ, but it wasn't on JP to me.

1 week later
#8003 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Ok a little progress. Did another switch test turns out when I hit the left flipper the opto for ball entering the through is periodically triggering and that starts the mode. Now question for the group where do I begin to troubleshoot that one?

I would try to narrow down between a mechanical problem (loose opto transmitter or receiver) or an electronic one. With the glass off and doing the switch test, press the flipper button slowly. There are two switches, the lower flipper makes contact first. Is your false opto trigger happening with the upper, or lower flipper contacts? I'm not home to check: do the flippers actually move during the test? If they do, and it's only the upper flipper, try tapping on the playfield in that area. That would point to loose optos. Almost anything else points to a poorly seated connector.

#8054 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Awesome. Thank you. Do you have to drill a hole to put in the fatter post?

The post fits just fine, though the rubber gets slightly compressed. I have one on the left side of mine. It still has plenty of opportunity to drain, it just gives you more of a fighting chance at saving it.

#8057 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wow, two hours later it showed up. Strap broke and water down side of box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sure that made your heart skip a beat. Hope that just the box took a beating.

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Hey which "fatter posts"? Like Siamese posts or just fatter rubbers?

I used a clear star post with a red Titan on the lower hole adjacent to the cabinet. I'm away from home, so I can't take a good photo.

I tried the same thing on Star Wars. The post wouldn't fit in the same spot as AIQ, so I tried on the other side of the outlane. It was a little TOO effective. A clear siamese now resides in the lower outboard hole. Just like AIQ, it just gives you a little more of a fighting chance.

20210621_104919 (resized).jpg20210621_104919 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone had experience with this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit
Im sure its been spoken about in here somewhere but cant find it.

I gave a review in post 7905.

1 week later
#8335 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I didn't get the bearing carrier yet, but the disk install was pretty straight forward. Read the instructions and take your time and it should go pretty smoothly!
I didn't realize until doing the install that the original plastic disc has a metal plate on the top. The new metal disc doesn't seem to weigh anymore than the original assembly and definitely spins easier.

The aluminum version is actually lighter.

20210827_224943 (resized).jpg20210827_224943 (resized).jpg20210827_225043 (resized).jpg20210827_225043 (resized).jpg
#8393 2 years ago

I think the included sticker is fine. I cut a piece of mylar to go over mine to protect the edges of the sticker as much as the top. The mylar goes close to the edge of the top of the disc. I'd stay with the thinner sticker, and send a piece of precision cut mylar to go on top instead.

20210827_234703 (resized).jpg20210827_234703 (resized).jpg
#8428 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Has anyone installed Pin Stadium Fusions with the Pym building mod as well? Wondering if you had any issues getting the playfield up after installation?

This game is so bright already, Pinstadiums are beyond overkill in this case. I even have the insert, flasher, and GI settings turned down. Granted, I have mirror blades on mine, and they do help to illuminate the playfield by reflecting the factory lighting. Save the Pinstadiums for a darker game that actually needs help. The set I have will be going on my BM66, when Stern finally completes my "May" build.

3 weeks later
#8697 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

I kind of want to replace the rubbers on my new pro with something more fun than the black I have currently, thinking yellow, purple, or white might look slick. Anyone with specific recommendations who has done this?

Where lit within or behind, clear. Everywhere else, I used the color of the playfield or adjacent plastic where the post is. I have red, blue, yellow, and purple. I definitely recommend the low bounce Titans for the main flippers, and a Super Band for the third flipper. The former help prevent bounces over the flippers during multiball, and the latter for tip longevity.

20211030_092444 (resized).jpg20211030_092444 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorditas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=gorditas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.