04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Avenger DOWN!!!
Avenger DOWN!!!
We played about 10 games on our new LE tonight.
As I was playing, I heard a loud thump!
Sounded like a ball fell out of the playfield and went boom on the bottom of the cabinet.
I investigated and found parts in the cabinet that made the sound.
After looking closer, I found they came from 5.45 Walking lock bottom assembly.
I detailed in pictures how the assembly comes out. It was easy 3 Nuts and disconnect 1 harness going to the coil.
You have to take off the E clips and then that rail in order to get the broken piece off.
Its called Finger ASM, Long pin part #515-2367-00
I am sharing this post because I know this is not Isolated and others will have same problem. Those post on the fingers are spot welded, similar to coil stops in my opinion.
It was sort of a Lot to take off considering you have to remove 6 E-clips. Sometime those clips like to have wings!
I am not sure what they will send out to replace.
It would be easier fix if they send out replacement Assembly instead of just the Finger.
The Assembly Part #511-3005-00
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

picked up my LE#28 saturday afternoon. and after 6 games or so the exact thing happened to mine. I have it band-aided now so I can still play, but will call stern monday to see what they want to send... (also, not sure if its related, but i seem to have an issue with locking the second portal ball... the game hangs because they are sitting together next to one another in the portal lock)

this is the first time i have had a problem with a new stern out of the box. so not a big deal, but just wanted to report for others. i do love this game so far, the captain marvel ramp is amazing and a very satisfying shot...

IMG_2245 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_2245 (002) (resized).jpg
#844 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does the le #really matter? Do they make them in order? I assume even since they pump them out in 2 weeks they all are similar. I have a chance to pick between a number in the 100s or 400s

no, to my knowledge they are not made in sequential order.

#845 3 years ago

has anyone with an LE had any issues with the spinning disc registering during some games?

it works fine in diag mode. but sometimes i start a game, and when i hit the disc nothing, for the entire game. i have found that if i raise and lower the playfield, or go to the tests screen and raise and lower the disc with the service buttons, then it works again.

there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason. i have checked all wires underneath the playfield, all connectors are tight.

just not sure what would cause it to stop registering the spins during game play.

i have an email into stern for assistance, but was told tech support only works 2 days a week due to covid.

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Maybe a dumb question (sorry!), but Avengers LE is the first pin I have that doesn’t have the wire hook on the inside of the coins door to hang the back box keys on. I’ve just got them in the coin box now but seems odd, was there a better plan that I’m not seeing?
Also, while I’m typing, played on a friend’s LE before mine came in, and his spinner seem really free, like you hit it from any angle and it spins like crazy. Mine seems to require a better aimed / angled shot to get it going. If it’s at the top 12 o’clock) and I hit it dead on, it will bounce right back at me with little movement. Hitting it from the 3rd flipper (from the side) gets it going when it’s at 12 o’clock. Just curious, both work but not sure what the design was for.

mine has the hook for the keys. they are hanging there now... did you check both sides of the coin slot mechs?

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

has anyone with an LE had any issues with the spinning disc registering during some games?
it works fine in diag mode. but sometimes i start a game, and when i hit the disc nothing, for the entire game. i have found that if i raise and lower the playfield, or go to the tests screen and raise and lower the disc with the service buttons, then it works again.
there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason. i have checked all wires underneath the playfield, all connectors are tight.
just not sure what would cause it to stop registering the spins during game play.
i have an email into stern for assistance, but was told tech support only works 2 days a week due to covid.

so the plot thickens. turns out i dont have to move the mech or lift the playfield, i just have to open and then close the coindoor. im guessing the interlock switch when it cuts power, just "reboots" the mech/sensor and all is good..... hmmm......

1 week later
#1635 3 years ago

Hey kids. Any early LE owners that had the portal walker assembly fail, did you receive your replacement yet? And if so, how is it holding up?

My LE failed after the 3 or 4 game after setting up so I have been running with it disabled for now. I am working with stern on replacement parts but apparently they are out of stock on the replacement.

Just wondering if I should look at getting the spot weld fixed myself or wait for the stern part?!

Thanks for any info!

Other than that I am very happy with my game!!

#1655 3 years ago

thanks for the responses guys. i do some work for a metal fabricator from time to time, so i will see if they can help a brother out.

I do love this game, but as others have said the outlanes are brutal, even with no tilt bob installed.

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Thanks, I have done this with my older pins, but wanted to make sure it wouldn't mess anything up with all the new fandangled goodness that is AIQ Pre!

dbb143 this is what i put on all of my spike/spike2 games. works great. very clean. and only 35.00
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/stern-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-spike-spike2-stern-kit

3 weeks later
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a YouTube of Karl deangelo setting this up and achieving a two flip soul gem quest. 84 flips remaining if I recall correctly. I’ve been trying hard to do the powered up avenger with the mind gem strategy but can only get close. I end up starting soul gem before I can get the appropriate avenger powered up.

here is the video for those interested...

2 weeks later
#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Instead of that, just take the tilt bob off the stick. The outlanes are funnels by design, sure, but they're not really that *big* and the balls tend to bounce away if you can catch them with the middle post. If the ball gets near the outlane, encourage it to leave the way it came. As your ball times increase, tighten the tilt so you start nudging more in control.

i zip tied a plastic straw to the tilt bob wire and removed the bob all together... lol that way i can shake the piss out of it in the right outlane... the left however still is a bitch and rarely do i get a chance to save it on that side...

1 month later
#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Since I don't have the material or the means to make this little piece of plex, is it something that some one is or will be selling?
My order is in for a AIQ Premium with CoinTaker in March hopefully.
I have pre-ordered (actually backordered) the Stern topper, Stern Plunger, Stern blades. I have the Stern shaker.
I ordered the Cliffy protectors.
I have received the Tower mod, sanctum mod, and sling protectors from Mezel mods.
Are there any other protectors or suggested mods to protect/enhance the game? (I have read through all 89 pages and may have missed something.)
I am hoping the new games will have whatever weld problem there is on the walk through subway mechanism fixed.
Thanks
Michael

+1 for me. i would purchase if someone is making them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,924 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
10,250 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxdwg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.