IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#424 3 years ago

I was wondering how the disc direction arrows would come into play. After a quick scan of the rules doc. It seems that this has been implemented for at least two modes. The super disc mode, and the final battle against Thanos. With all three flippers in play. Getting that disc to spin how you want it should be fun.

Also, I'm really liking the alternate start option were you play a challenge mode instead of a regular game. It'd be great if there were two or three challenge modes to choose from. I think this would be even better than co-op. I know, I'm asking for a lot. Just dreaming here...

#471 3 years ago

With the nylon nut on the top of that post. At least you can see if it's loosing up. If the screw starts sinking down into the nut you know you it's moving. Maybe not as helpful on location as at home. But worth noting.

#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks so much for doing these streams Jack!

Yup, thanks for the streams Jack. Just wondering why you weren't going for portal locks before gem quests to turn them into multiballs? Maybe that's just another layer of the game you haven't gotten too far into yet? I didn't watch the whole stream this time, but watched the others and have been wondering about this. Thanks!

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Also is it possible to turn the physical ball lock off and just play with virtual locks in the time being?

I hope there's an option or this. Seems like the kinda thing that is usually in there.

#765 3 years ago

In with LE#458!

My Captain Marvel ramp is smooth as long as you hit it clean. Haven't had any balls come off the wire form on the way back to the right inlane. Autoplunge and manual usually make it all the way around. If anything I need to plunge a little less than 100% to make it travel more smoothly. Sometimes a hard plunge will rattle and not make it all the way. Playfield looks great, no issues with clear or art clarity at this point. Yellow looks good. I wasn't over the moon about the color but it looks good in person. I did have a switch misfiring for a little while. It seems to have cleared up by itself. I think it was the side loop opto judging by the sound effect. Just trying to give some feedback here. Still learning the flow of the rules and the shots. Fun game, looking forward to many plays.

#768 3 years ago

Okay. The side loop opto misfiring problem did not "clear itself up". It's not working at all. I thought maybe one of the ball guides is blocking it. But in switch diagnostics it's showing as on with both the coin door open and closed. I checked another nearby opto and that one only shows as on when the coin door is closed. Bad opto? I guess my plan to play a bunch today is scrapped. I'll reach out to Stern tomorrow. Only has about a dozen plays on it

#770 3 years ago

Update. The diagnostics does not update the switch status with the door open. So I was misreading what was going on. It does appear that it was just that the wire ball guide was blocking the opto. Back in the game! Hooray!

#1030 3 years ago

Deleted

#1097 3 years ago

Is there any way to replay the soul gem quest? I know if you have the soul gem you can replay other gem quests. But it seems that the soul gem is a "do, or do not, there is no try" kinda thing?

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

I don't think you need to cancel. I'm sure there are way more games with no issues that you don't hear about than games with issues. I know of two other LE in my pinball group and they're both fine, no issues. I had one minor issue. In my experience Stern will make it right if you have a problem with a mech or something. Really everything I've read here is minor and fixable. Just my two cents. I've been playing the heck out of mine. I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a great game over small stuff.

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think it's an occasional bug. Same thing happened to me once last night. Every other time the tower was lit.

Yeah, I think there's a bug in the soul gem quest. It's happened to me 4 times. The screen says 7/8. But the tower shot is not lit anymore and additional hits to it do not complete the mode.

I tried to pay closer attention this time. Here's what I saw. Shot number 7 to Captain Marvel did not register the first time and so I hit it again and it worked. The tower shot lit up. I hit it. It seems to go most of the way up. But the magnet did not grab the ball. When the ball came back down the shot insert light went out. But I did not get credit for the shot. It still showed 7/8 on the screen. I hit the tower again and still no credit. So I was in a purgatory state until I ran out of flips.

#1159 3 years ago

Sometimes the extra ball callout sounds like Drac from Monster Bash. Let me know if anyone else hears that. Maybe it's just the beers. lol

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?

I had this too.

#1422 3 years ago

For mine I just had to push down on the wire form rail slightly and the opto would work again. I had to do it a few times. But it's been fine for over a week now. I play it every day.

Side loop opto (resized).jpegSide loop opto (resized).jpeg
#1467 3 years ago

I really like Sterns new lighting coming from the apron. It helps light up the flipper area and the artwork in the area. It would be cool if Stern put out a kit to retrofit other Spike 2 games with that.

#1501 3 years ago

Anyone been playing with the challenge mode yet? It's pretty cool. I'm not so good at it yet. But, I was victorious a few times.

#1847 3 years ago

Here's another write up of the rules.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

Sometimes reading something written in a different way helps to clarify.

I haven't tried this with the new code. But it didn't work with the last code. In Soul Gem, after a drain, I've quickly gotten a soft plunge in before the auto-plunge fires. With the hope of collecting a shot via the skillshot roll over. I know you can only do this once per Soul Gem. But I've tried a couple times when I hadn't used it yet and it won't spot me the shot that way. It would be cool to be able to do that after a drain.

Haven't played the new code much yet but I'm hoping that having gems collected and Avengers leveled up might do more for you in Soul Gem. Otherwise it might be good to just play it as soon as you can so that you can start collecting the soul gem jackpots after completing other gem modes right away.

1 week later
#2336 3 years ago

The spinning disc post seems to be the big randomizer for me. I'm getting used to it. But it can send the ball in some dangerous directions. That makes it fun though, and you need to be hitting that disc for a lot of the finer points of the game.

Collected all six gems for the first time. On the first try for each as well. I guess I'm ready for Thanos when he returns. Or at least once every 200 games or so.

2 weeks later
#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from wizman71:

Anyone else having an issue with the captain marvel shot not registering on their premium? The opto detects it when it goes up the ramp initially but the switch on the ramp near the pym vuk doesn't always register so it wont count it durning the gem modes half the time which sucks. I haven’t gotten around to trying to fix it yet and wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.

Yes, I have that same issue occasionally. But it hasn't bugged me enough to fix it yet. I was going to bend the arm on the microswitch a little.

2 weeks later
#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best stream to learn about the rules, ideally .94?

raydaypinball Youtube channel has some good ones about gem uses. For the basics try Deadflip

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2JjtWMcmCVX3KhPNiR4w3Q

https://www.youtube.com/c/DEADFLIP/videos

2 weeks later
#3885 3 years ago

A few weeks ago my auto-plunger stopped getting the ball all the way up the back ramp and around to the right flipper. It was about 95% successful before. Not sure what changed. It definitely feels weaker. It's coming out of the chute okay, it just doesn't have enough power. The adjustment in the menu is maxed out at default. It would be nice if they gave room to go up or down. I know going down helped some people. But in my case it needs to go up. I guess I'll reach out to Stern after the holiday. Having all the balls fall into the pops instead of going around to the flipper definitely changes the way the game plays.

On another note. The new code is great. This game keeps getting better. I'm very happy with it.

#3887 3 years ago

The button also gets used for using gem powers. Mind and space gems both use it. You have to collect the gem first. Then place it with a hero. The higher the level of the hero the more the gem powers do.

Change the Iron Man inserts by spinning the disk.

No outlane saver per say. But there is a super ball saver you can get from the drops computer feature.

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Did you check the shooter rod alignment to make sure it hits squarely in the center of the back of the ball?

The alignment of both the rod and the auto-shooter mech seem fine. I can manually plunge all the way around no problem. Thanks!

#3894 3 years ago

I sometimes get BW and Gauntlet ramp rejects from the ball taking off at the top of the ramp. Hitting the top plastic shields and coming back down. This happens more often for the first few games after a novus cleaning. Not a big deal. But, I'm wondering if those shields at the tops of the ramps were curved instead of flat. Would that help the ball make the shot and not reject?

3 weeks later
#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah - I've been mad when I accidentally start Thor MB when I really wanted to start a portal mode and THEN get Thor...

Yeah, sometimes Thor arrives to the party a little early when you're not quite ready for him yet. He's very excitable. On the other hand. Thor or IM can be used to delay the start of Soul Gem so that you can level up your team beforehand. Even when the portal is open to start Soul Gem. If you start a multiball it will close and you can get a few things done. For example. It's handy when you have Mind Gem but it's on a character that's only collected. You can use the multiball to get to level 1 so it's more helpful during Soul Gem.

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I have no rejects on the Marvel shot, but sometimes it doesn’t register the shot. Anyone else?

I had to adjust the metal arm of the microswitch on mine to get it to register every time. I just bent it toward the ball path a little bit. It's located on the wire form ramp return. Just above the Ant-man kick out.

1 week later
#4734 3 years ago

My 2 cents

Love the new Thanos modes. This fight just got real.

Love the Graphics.

It would be nice if some of the characters voices were more distinct from each other. I don't think they are bad on their own. It just took a little while to figure out who's talking. I always pictured Dr. Strange as sounding a bit aloof.

Someone posted about having the main screen when not in a mode changed from the trophy room. Maybe having the drops grid awards visible there instead of having to go to into the info menus. That would be cool. Maybe have Vision sitting at the computer with the grid showing or something.

All in all I'm very grateful for this amazing game, it keeps getting even better.

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you really want to make the subway pop, get something like mirror blade material and cut it to fit the back of the subway, reflects the light and balls so you can see even more!

I was just thinking that a mirror blade mod for the subway would be awesome.

1 month later
#5708 3 years ago

The last two LE code updates did the same for me. Disc was staying up. A power cycle was all that was needed in both cases.

Digging the Capt. Marvel enhancement. As well as the rest of the update. Time to go play some more. Weeee!

1 week later
#5906 3 years ago

Anyone hear anything about when the gem shooter rod will be available?

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

If you play for wizard modes rather than score, is their any purpose in completing the Iron Man and Thor multiballs(getting super jackpots)? They are useful in stacking with modes and collecting avengers; but other than getting to the trophy wizard mode, does completing them do anything for you in getting to the main wizard modes like Battle Thanos or Battle Royale?

Extra ball lights at around 8 trophies. An extra ball is useful for getting to the wizard modes.

#6006 3 years ago

I just noticed this IE Pinball video on youtube. Oh my...

#6008 3 years ago

3.8 Billion points before starting Soul Gem. Umm, I'm doing it wrong, lol.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I imagine this will get nerfed. The pro can't do that combo over and over like the premium and the BP to BW repeatable combo gets locked out after a few times, so I imagine that same rule will get added to the CM to BW combo. That's my guess, anyway.

I think the points came as much from, if not more from, the Time Gem + Super Combo's running. If they do make a change (nerf) I would think it would be more directed at the Time Gem. Maybe make a short waiting period before it can add time again or something. Or a limit as to how much the time bank can be increased over a given number of seconds. I'm sure the experts will know what to do.

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Has anyone received a topper? I only found one video on youtube showing the topper and it didn't show the Gem Mania mode. I figured there would be unboxings and gameplay vids of the mode, by now.

I've had mine since Dec. So I'm sure they are out there. The mode is pretty cool but not a must have. At least not yet. You have to do well in it to get a lot of points out of it. Or at least I have not gotten a lot of points in it yet. It's a switch hit mode where jackpots light up at certain switch hit thresholds. I'm glad to have mine. It adds something to the game with the new mode. It can come into play if doing dollar games with friends or just something else to do. Progress toward the mode is saved between games. Which is a cool feature.

1 month later
#6622 3 years ago

Love the game. Here are a couple minor suggestions.

Usually when the "Collect Gem" insert is lit. Hitting the gauntlet ramp will raise the post and pause the ball there. So I'm used to that behavior. In the topper mode. Hitting that last hurry up shot at the gauntlet does not raise the post. But since the insert is lit it fakes me out. Minor stuff to be sure, but I thought I'd mention it.

It would also be nice to have the current playfield multiplier displayed on the screen. When you stack a multiball with a gem quest multiball it's not always clear what the current multiplier is. Also just a minor "quality of life" type thing.

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

just curious about the application of the information

It's just nice to know where you're at with regard to the multiplier. Sometimes I start a gem quest as a multiball but drain down a ball or two just as I'm bringing in Thor or IM multiball. So I'm not entirely sure what the multiplier is at. It can come into play if your going for a high score on a specific mode. Or, even playing competitively. 3X multiplier during Thor may change how much focus I put on it. Especially if I have a gem victory laps running. I sometimes prioritize overall progress in a game over finishing modes. Priorities can change during a game depending on how it unfolds. It's not a big thing though, just a nice to have. I'd like to see tilt warnings on the screen too. On a long ball I loose track. But that's kinda part of pinball in general and another topic altogether.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So like if you had 3X running, you'd play for Gem Quest points because of the multiplier rather than shooting for Thor Jackpots where as if you only have 1X going then maybe Thor Jackpots are more valuable?

I think the 3x would apply to Thor and the gem mode. At 3x it would make me more likely to take risks to rack up points and stay in multiball for as long as possible. If I'm at 1x I may just play for winning the gem and play it safe. Using Thor to help me win the gem and then move on. Not worrying about points or completing Thor as much.

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure only gem shot points

Yeah, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

1 week later
#6840 2 years ago

Yeah losing a gem is a bummer. But it's awesome when you defend your gems in Thanos attacks and then you are awarded a gem that you failed to collect earlier. So, you can take his too! It's a two way battle with both you and Thanos having something to loose, or gain.

On a wider note. With games being as deep as they are these days. They can feel harder than they actually are. Given similar ball times. You get much further in a 90s game than a modern game with deep code. This can make it feel harder because the wizard mode is so far away at the end of the game. But the good news is that's where mini-wizard modes come in!

#6880 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Although I can post transfer L to R on mine, I usually go BW ramp then ski pass to the R flipper. In soul gem, you can save a flip by keeping the L flipper up as the ball travels around. I will try the post pass only if I want to avoid BW (eg, don’t want to place a gem there or don’t want to power her up to level 2 to keep the 3 mind gem hits).

I do the same. Also sometimes hit Black Panther to get from left to right. Or even Captain Marvel if I'm feeling it. I rarely feel the need to post pass on this game. On JP2 I do it all the time because it's less risky than making a shot. But for AIQ the shots are easy enough that the risk seems about the same as a post pass. So I might as well get credit for a shot. Especially for the Black Widow shot. Unless of course I don't want to level up a character any further.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flippersaurus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=flippersaurus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.