IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#807 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Flow is the one thing people are usually proud of when it comes to pros. Honestly flow isn't everything. But yes, I'm sure there are people that would play twilight zone with no gumball machine or upper playfield and say they prefer the twilight zone pro model better.... for some damn reason.

With JP2 , i use the long delay on the CONTROL ROOM shot to flip burgers or take a quick drink break. So i appreciate a game with a flow break.

#1008 3 years ago

LE no. 283 here ..

already have a problem .. dr. stranger disc is stuck up after updating to .91 and i cant find a way to test it .. should i be trying to go back to .90?

balls fall in but no attempt to clear the subway during ball search

edit - i did a pro update .. haha ./.. hope i can fix it

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

LE no. 283 here ..
already have a problem .. dr. stranger disc is stuck up after updating to .91 and i cant find a way to test it .. should i be trying to go back to .90?
balls fall in but no attempt to clear the subway during ball search
edit - i did a pro update .. haha ./.. hope i can fix it

I updated to LE code , but my spinner (spinning disc) stopped registering .. anyone know what switch registers the spinning ... it sometimes works in test mode and worked for a little while in one game , but stopped registering after raising and going back down.

i did accidentally load pro code before these problems , then updated to .91 after .. maybe its time to flash a new card?

thanks for any help.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I updated to LE code , but my spinner (spinning disc) stopped registering .. anyone know what switch registers the spinning ... it sometimes works in test mode and worked for a little while in one game , but stopped registering after raising and going back down.
i did accidentally load pro code before these problems , then updated to .91 after .. maybe its time to flash a new card?
thanks for any help.

i got it working again .. apparently there is a relationship between 5 (magnetic tip) and the 10 (mag sensor) . The sensor has 2 different led blinking patterns depending on if it can see the magnetic tip , from what i can tell . Anyway, hopefully the sensor isnt flaky.. I was trying for a while to get this working.

Seems like the sensor will activate when the mag tip is close enough (down position) and aligned correctly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1052 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

How's the subway working for everyone? I've been curious about all the different reports of stuck balls.

Mine is working good so far - only about 30 plays . It is a bit underwhelming as a feature . I think it needs a mirror in there . You can barely notice a ball going through , unless you stand tall while playing.

Seems to be hit or miss on problems or maybe one bad spot welder during a run.

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Soul Gem mini-wizard mode - where is the last shot? I’ve gone through it before (maybe luck), but this last time I had 7/8 shots done with like 20 flips left. Couldn’t locate what I was supposed to do next. Only thing flashing was the green gem on the gauntlet. Hitting that right ramp didn’t do it. Thoughts?

someone beat me .. but this will help someone

make sure you're HIGH

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1069 3 years ago

Update on my spinning disc issue:

History : unboxed , played a couple of games with no problem ; accidentally loaded pro code update , game didn't work properly(of course) ; loaded LE update . game worked again but spinning disc didn't work (for spins) ; fiddled with the mech and reseated cables , got it working again and played until nighttime;

Woke up this morning , turned it on , SD (spin disc) didn't work again.

Emailed Stern , got a reply in about an hour and a half asking about the status of the LED's on the magnetic sensor below the SD shaft.

Answered that within three minutes (lights blinking twice). Lights will blink 3 times when it is working(or recognized) . only checked that once.

Got impatient and burned a brand new code onto a new SD card , to rule out any mix up in the code loading that i did with the pro code.

Put in new SD card and the spinning disc now worked. Put in the old card again . That worked too . Turned off the game and turned back on. now the disc didn't work.

Turned the game on and off a bunch of times swapping in both cards and found that :

50% of boot ups will recognize the disc as working.
The way my game is now upon powering on ; it will either have a working spinning disc or not . If it is working , i can play as many games as i want and the spinning disc will not fail . It's only upon the initial boot up that it seems that the magnetic sensor is failing or some test of the mech is failing. There are no software indications that it did not detect the magnetic sensor as working or a software compensation for a broken disc.

I passed that information along to Stern , although i never heard back from them when it seemed like they were going to help me . Maybe they kicked it up to another engineer or are waiting for a response from another team member.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Update on my spinning disc issue:
History : unboxed , played a couple of games with no problem ; accidentally loaded pro code update , game didn't work properly(of course) ; loaded LE update . game worked again but spinning disc didn't work (for spins) ; fiddled with the mech and reseated cables , got it working again and played until nighttime;
Woke up this morning , turned it on , SD (spin disc) didn't work again.
Emailed Stern , got a reply in about an hour and a half asking about the status of the LED's on the magnetic sensor below the SD shaft.
Answered that within three minutes (lights blinking twice). Lights will blink 3 times when it is working(or recognized) . only checked that once.
Got impatient and burned a brand new code onto a new SD card , to rule out any mix up in the code loading that i did with the pro code.
Put in new SD card and the spinning disc now worked. Put in the old card again . That worked too . Turned off the game and turned back on. now the disc didn't work.
Turned the game on and off a bunch of times swapping in both cards and found that :
50% of boot ups will recognize the disc as working.
The way my game is now upon powering on ; it will either have a working spinning disc or not . If it is working , i can play as many games as i want and the spinning disc will not fail . It's only upon the initial boot up that it seems that the magnetic sensor is failing or some test of the mech is failing. There are no software indications that it did not detect the magnetic sensor as working or a software compensation for a broken disc.
I passed that information along to Stern , although i never heard back from them when it seemed like they were going to help me . Maybe they kicked it up to another engineer or are waiting for a response from another team member.

EDIT: I did hear from Stern , not completely resolved , but ill let you know what happened .. good news is i can enjoy the game. looks like a potentially flaky board. thanks Stern (they guy who went out of his way)

#1141 3 years ago

Got some time to play a bunch of games in a row on the LE .

Really enjoying the gameplay . The layout is fantastic .

Fun shots,due to original ramp ideas , combo flow without the FAN layout.

KME and team are bringing innovation in the form of a fun shooting game without the typical fan layout the overused cookie-cutter designs of the old guard. No offense "old guard" , but the new guy is proving that there are still refreshing layout designs in the pinball world , when it seemed like everything had already been done ... and that is not easy.

The callouts are not as bad as i originally thought, although some of them do not sound much like superheroes. There are some clever quips when you drain and funny situational quotes.

Animation package with coordinated sound is coming along nicely with the notable exception being : need a sound coordinated with the subway mech advancing a ball ; along with a more focused lighting on that area . I would suggest another round of deep bass-rich booms ; can't get enough of that type of sound. Or perhaps more of the phaser style sound used on the soul gem quest intro. Hulk spinner sound i find to be a bit weak. Might be cool to hear him growling or something related to him getting more aggravated. The JP spinner sound set the bar for a great modern spinner sound.

There is another opportunity to add some excitement to the visual and sound package to enhance what another pinsider had pointed out about the gameplay. Someone had pointed out that during multiball and while simultaneously hitting wireformed ramp returns ; it reminds them of the avengers team flying through the air and attacking. Of course they don't all fly , but maybe something could be done to detect that situation and provide a visual or audio compliment to that.

So far, the more i play the game the more i like it . the rules have the type of depth you want for a home game ; although i find the information available on the screen lacking for what the gems do, during gameplay . I think there are opportunities to add some text to the gem quest screens and the ball-stop portion (when you collect and are about to place the gem) that would help players who aren't retaining the knowledge of the rules sheet; and whatever is written on that super tiny text on the instruction card. Yeah , my eyes are old and i have not even attempted to read that card.

With all the comparisons going on between games and the supposed desire for innovation ; stern has hired some impressive people from the competitive pinball that are bringing fresh ideas; and impressively succeeding in changing the pinball experience for the better.

The email only support approach needs improvement . If you can manufacture and design in quantity (along with continually rising prices), you need a better support system. Innovate that !

Thanks for another great game to keep us distracted from reality.

EdZ (all 3 KME NIB) - also a competitive pinball guy .

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put the game into diagnostics and test the portal. Open it. Leave it open then put the game into switch test and roll balls down there. Make sure all the switches are registering and the balls are passing through correctly.

or lift the playfield and see that the assembly fell apart ..

1 week later
#1877 3 years ago

A lot of great additions and fixes in the new code.

Thanks Keith and team, especially for the GEM info on related ball hold screens!

Soul Gem jail is over! (previously the last shot to the tower could sometimes trigger a game state where you could not make that shot)

Still getting crickets from support for my 2 issues (flaky magnetic sensor board and bad walker weld) after some initial response to the sensor issue.

I know they are probably overwhelmed, but answering emails isn't all that difficult.

Some of these price increases could go to hiring someone who knows how to properly set up a support system.

Only TWD walkers should fall apart !

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, but it's not very active.

not very active?

What game are you playing?

Load the new code if you haven't already.

I am very happy with the shaker effects so far.

Interested to hear other opinions though.

Quoted from mbrave77:

ok. I wont be in rush to install then. tmnt was pretty light on shaker as well until a recent update. so give it time

install immediately

#2106 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This doohickey broke off, so I went to settings and bypassed the portal/subway lock. I think the game might actually be more fun this way. The gauntlet ramp becomes the portal shot with a lot less waiting time. Plus, no need to worry about the inevitable something going wrong with the rising disc. Now I need cool inserts for the subway windows.
[quoted image]

no need to disable any settings .. my "do hickey" broke off and i just keep on playing ..i think the software is built to recognize when it isnt working or just works anyway.

Also willing to admit that it plays better without it . not sure if that will always be the case with code updates , but its unfortunate.

Dont hold your breath waiting for the replacement.

2 weeks later
#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Anyone else having issues with the Strange spinner not recognizing movement? After adjusting (see post #2827), it worked fine for that session, when I booted her up this morning, same issue: no advancing of strange during multiple spins.
I've learned that the red LED for the sensor board, blinking 3 times indicates some kind of error. A regular on/off LED indicates (I think that all is well.)
I'm at the point now, where simply by opening the coin door, disabling the power safety, seeing the 'on/off' of the board, close door - seems to correct the problem (in the middle of a game.) So I'm not even touching the PF.

have the same issue (intermittent magnetic sensor board working or not)

Still waiting for parts for more than a month to fix this. Not sure what will fix it though.

4 weeks later
#3569 3 years ago

putting my LE up for sale shortly ...

currently needs install of new magnetic sensor board and ball walker assembly as well as the upper loop opto fix.

that work will be done tomorrow , i have all the parts from Stern, excepting a new opto , but that may not be needed

fyi for those who are interested.

pm for deets

530 plays +/-

#3699 3 years ago

Avoid the AIQ NIB experience and buy this AIQ

NIB potential problems :

Ball walker weld - mech falls apart
Spinning disc - magnet board works when it wants to
Inner loop opto - quits after settling to a point where the beam is blocked

all fixed and pre-dimpled

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “**Delivery now available - drop off or setup ** Contact for price CLIFFY's installed (outhole and drop targets not yet done) Spinning Disc Leveling kit installed - NO MORE AIRBALL...”
2020-12-19
East Stroudsburg, PA
Archived after: 58 days
Viewed: 3834 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.