F98244A5-83BE-405F-8EDC-F0C31096DF8D (resized).jpeg
3E2537C0-39D7-4B32-89F1-7757D24819D9 (resized).jpeg
EE5C5799-5973-4445-94B8-53E2F1CC80B5 (resized).jpeg
53744FF8-1EDE-4BDA-B514-8E2CFCB3E800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2021-10-07 094914 (resized).png
150A67AD-8E44-4067-A161-F3A6FE6625F4 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (12 months ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (12 months ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (12 months ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (12 months ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (11 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (11 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

In for a Premium can’t wait to flip some games on this pin.

1 week later
#393 1 year ago

Anyone else really like the Pro cabinet decals a lot more over the Premium or is it just me? I have a Premium on order, but man the Pro cabinet just looks a lot cooler in my mind. I like the translite on the Pro as well which I no is a bit easier to swap out than the decals would be. With a small collection I won't be hiding my cabinet as I really like looking at the artwork on the pins so hopefully Thanos grows on me.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Avengers Infinity Quest is going right beside my Deadpool!

Same here can't wait two awesome pins side by side bolted to the floor!

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Also keep in mind, when using a phone app for leveling purposes, when you lay your phone on the playfield. If your phone is even the slightest bit rotated clockwise or counter, your bubble app will be off. I do use the app, but it's not perfect. Still plenty of room for human error.

I need to figure out this app to fine tune my pins as outside of a regular level on the glass to make sure that bubble is in the center for left right and also the bubble on the pin itself being between the two lines I'm not real swift with this Pinguy app. One problem I have when laying my phone on the glass without any cover on it is it slides down the playfield on me. Do you guys leave a case on the phone or what works best? Are there step by steps or a video somewhere of how to do this best? Also does a digital level give you pitch as well as centering left to right? Sorry for a bunch of questions just thought I'd try to get this right for my Premium once it arrives.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

My personal experience with the pinguy app is that it is an inconsistent waste of time (no offense if the creator is present on these threads). Do yourself a favor and pick this up if you want real, repeatable, and accurate results:
amazon.com link »

Thanks I had one in my cart after I read a few of the replies so I'll give one of these a shot. Appreciate the feedback.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

#17 is now sitting by #17 JP2
[quoted image]
My 3rd game lasted for nearly 40 minutes
[quoted image]

Wow a 40 minute game on a pin! Dang that’s crazy to me. I think a 15 minute game is long with most being only a few so hopefully it’s not that easy of a pin to shoot, but congrats on a great score.

#1002 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You should play The Hobbit then.

I’ve heard which is one of the reasons I’ve stayed away and haven’t even tried it yet though to look at it sure is a thing of beauty.

#1346 1 year ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone get a ship confirmation on a Premium yet? I haven’t yet but it has to be soon I hope

Yes mine called me today to say the Premium was shipped today and should be in early next week.

#1418 1 year ago

Knock on wood I have experienced very little if any issues on my NIB Stern pins or demo machines I've purchased. Really hoping this will be the case with my Premium when it comes in next week, but man it seems like there's been something going on with everyone's pin which has me a bit worried. I'm not real sharp at fixing even little things so I'm hoping to not have to go back through a lot of messages to pinpoint the fixes if any pop up. Can't wait to play it though.

1 week later
#2119 11 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It arrived this morning. No clue how these rules work. The subway really needs a mirror blade. I’m 6’6” and have to lean way over the game to see what’s going on down there. So far everything seems to be working properly. Fingers crossed. I think my 3 year old might be a little scared of Thanos.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great nice collection. I found your comment funny with your son standing by the Walking Dead pin but he's scared of Thanos. Maybe just tell him Thanos is a zombie and he'll be good.

1 week later
#2505 11 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I prefer hardcopy to electronic reading so i printed off the insanely thick rulebook and brought it to Staples to have it bound for a couple bucks. Now my brain has to decript it through.
[quoted image]

Great idea I think I might go that route as well. Looks nice like that and with Thanos on the cover.

3 weeks later
#3188 10 months ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Looking over the README file maybe they didn’t add this to the upgrade. I assumed it was on all upgrades but maybe the answer is this upgrade doesn’t contain the DJ mixer?

Yes correct they haven't added the DJ Mixer into the code for this pin yet.

#3265 10 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

They are listed at Pinball Life (not sure if the item is already in stock):
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-art-blades.html

Yes they are as I purchased them this week from Pinball Life and they just arrived. Now waiting for my Premium to come in so I can install these and about ten other items I have for the pin. Hopefully this week as I'm more than ready after reading all the positives on this pin and definitely one of my top three themes. Don't see this ever leaving my collection.

#3267 10 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

These aren’t the official stern ones are they?

Pretty sure there not. Haven't seen the Stern ones for sale yet so I grabbed these as I wasn't sure when they'd be released.

#3271 10 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

They are the Stern ones, others like Cointaker have them as well.

Ah cool good to hear. Thanks for clarifying that.

#3316 10 months ago

Just found out my Premium won't be in until maybe the last week of December. Anyone else in the same boat and waiting?

#3330 10 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Thay doesnt sound very good when we already got our premiums in Canada a month ago.

Yeah I’m not sure what the delay is. You’d think they could crank out pins to meet demand. Always amazes me when new products come out in the gaming industry and there’s not enough to go around. Frustrating to say the least.

#3373 10 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

cointaker has them up for sale

Thanks for the heads up. Wish these didn't run $650 as it definitely looks awesome.

#3425 10 months ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Avengers Topper showed up today, with 3 friends. This is the second time Betson has sent me 4 Toppers when I only ordered 1. ‍♂️ looks great though. I still need to track down a batman 66, and Aerosmith topper if anyone has one for sale let me me know.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lol they sent you four Avengers toppers when you ordered one? Topper does look sweet just trying to figure out how in the world I can justify the price.

#3454 10 months ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone is interested in getting a better look for Thanos Gauntlet. My painter came up with look for the 2 Pinball Refinery LEs that I am working on. It will be $175.00 plus shipping to have it painted. Here's a few before and after pictures.
I'll get them installed in the machines soon if someone wants to see that look.
Just PM me if you would like this done.
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow looks fantastic! Would love to do this once my Premium arrives. How long of a turn around time would it take to get it back one it arrives to you?

#3472 10 months ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone know a place that has the topper in stock to order?

Here you go. Don’t buy the last one in case I want one. Just kidding.

https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-topper

2 weeks later
#3761 10 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Stern art blades installed. Love them! Also changed the white flipper bats to yellow. Not sure why they went with white on this one...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love your AIQ beside your other Avengers pin! I'm contemplating picking the original back up myself. Two awesome pins that's for sure. Enjoy and agreed the art blades look great on this pin. Waiting for my Premium but have the blades ready to go once it comes in.

#3815 10 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

I’m jealous how’d you track down a NIB Premium I’m still waiting for mine that’s been on order since September? Glad you went with an AIQ though. Hope it’s treating you well!

#3868 10 months ago
Quoted from jcripps:

Pro in the house as of Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to play it until Friday... It's Killing me.
This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome that you guys wrapped the box for your first pin and sat it beside the Christmas Tree! Have a blast on Friday with it. Can’t beat that as a Christmas gift.

#4036 9 months ago
Quoted from steele67:

Yes it is, I went with the Stern frame but its about 3" to big so I had to insert some purple at the bottom. I'll move it up the wall should I do the topper[quoted image]

Where’d you order the Pro Translite from as I actually like this one better then the Premium so may swap them in and out?

#4078 9 months ago

Looks great I’d watch that constantly on my screen as that’s really awesome. Cool stuff.

#4100 9 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

Simple answer yes. I currently have a Maiden Pro and JP Premium and waiting on my AIQ Premium, but safe to say these three aren't ever leaving my collection which will only consist of four pins at the most. Maiden has been fantastic and there also one of my favorite bands of all time, and then recently getting JP I'm even more wowed with how awesome Elwin's pins are. Avengers is my ultimate theme so I have a feeling I'm going to be completely blown away once I start playing it. I think everyone would say these are three of the top pins out right now. All play fantastic and none of them are easy by any means which is great for us home players. The left outlane on IM and JP drive me nuts though!

3 weeks later
#4680 8 months ago

Question why does the light behind the translite go from full strength to like half when you start a game and then between ball saved or in between balls goes completely off? Is it just designed this way for the atmosphere in the game?

#4682 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

You can set that in the menu...does help with glare

Got it thanks! Much better being brighter.

#4862 8 months ago

I got to Thanos Attacks somehow. So much is going on in this pin especially when you have two multi balls stacked I don’t even know what I’m completing but man this pin is a blast. Thought you needed to have two soul gems to get to Thanos Attacks but I know I only had one and failed on a few other attempts?

#4863 8 months ago

Also does anyone use the Ninja Premium balls
on this pin even though it has a magnet? I really dislike the Stern balls and nothing shines like the Ninja Premium ones do.

#4867 8 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

For Thanos Attacks you need the Soul Gem and play at least 2 other Gem Quests (win or lose)

I use and like the Ninja pinballs. Haven't had magnetism issues with them in AIQ or my other machines, but I do change them out every 400 - 500 games as they are fairly scuffed for my liking at that point.

Thanks that makes sense then why I got to that mode and I'll definitely put the Ninja balls in when they come in to give them a try.

1 week later
#5132 8 months ago

I’ll ask this in here since I just purchased a ton of mods and things to add to my Premium. I’m looking for a 12V splitter that has both male and female ends on it as I’ve run out of ways to get everything connected. Somehow I have a stack of splitters that have all female ends. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

#5137 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

12v splitter with what kind of end on it? Where are you getting the 12v from?

I might be calling it the wrong thing but the cables I have look like this I just need one with two male ends and two female ends.

image (resized).jpg
#5139 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but where are you drawing the 12v from? The power distribution board?

The board inside the coin door top left where I have my led flippers plugged into.

#5141 8 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rock Custom Pinball. This uses the service outlet and first draw on the machine itself.
https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/game-on-power-supply

Looks pretty cool but what kind of connectors are on the end there?

#5143 8 months ago

I need my led flippers, a backbox led strip, and something else all tied into one. So I need three things running off of that connector. I’m doing that on my JP Premium as I had a splitter with a male end on it I just don’t remember where I bought that cable from.

#5260 8 months ago

After a few weeks of playing I feel like I’m getting stuck at the 200-250 million point range quite often. Can someone point me to a post or two in here on what strategies to use to help increase my score? There’s so much to shoot at that I’m not finding the sweet spot or multiballs to really wrack up better scores.

#5289 8 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

All great advice! I would add that the soul gem jackpot can be very lucrative and can really boost your scores. I’ve collected almost 200m a few times in a single shot. The key is to power up the avenger with the soul gem (or use change gems to move it to a powered up avenger, that had the power gem for instance). The reality gem quest is lucrative, especially with 2 portal locks, so I like to save it for after I have the soul gem and go for the big jackpot. I hope this makes sense!
The rule sheet on the stern site is helpful in explaining the gem quests and what the gems do. As others have mentioned, most of the gem quests have a strong risk-reward aspect where a few more shots can really boost the score (eg, hitting the spinner between Power gem shots or going for the 4way combo in Space gem). I don’t think they have updated the rule sheet to include Thanos Attacks, etc but the core info is still relevant.

What's the best way to power up each Avenger just keep hitting their shots over and over? So it's best to place the soul gem on the same person you have a power gem on is that right? 200 million in one shot that's crazy to me. Also how do you keep track of which power level each avenger is at? Does the screen show it as I'll be honest I barely look up in this pin. Thanks for the advice and the things others have mentioned. Definitely helpful.

#5293 8 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

You can see the status of the 6 main avengers (the ones in the inserts) on the screen at all times except during animations. For example, it is 80 spins to collect hulk, then another 100(I think) to power up to level 1; IM is spelling IRON at the inlanes-outlanes; Black Widow is the centre ramp (the game calls this the left ramp) 3 times to collect then 5 to power up, etc.
There are 6 places a gem can go, but only 4 correspond to one of those 6 avengers. IM and Thor have their respective multiball but you can’t place a gem on either. Instead, the other 2 gem locations are the drop targets (“Vision”) and Captain Marvel.
Only one gem per slot! In the scenario I described earlier, the sequence would be:
Win power gem and place on (eg) Black Widow
Power up BW to level 2
Win soul gem and place it anywhere
Antman is lit for “change gems” (it lights upon Avengers Assemble!). Hit Antman scoop to move soul gem to BW, and power gem somewhere good, like BP or hulk. BW is still level 2 because that’s one of the power gem perks (avenger that has it maintains level after drains or wizard modes)
Win the reality gem and collect it. At this point the soul gem jackpot is lit (there’s a call out) at BW (ie the center ramp).
Make the BW shot and shout woohoo really loudly (that’s what I do). I shoot for that before even placing the reality gem.
With the new code, Thanos pays a visit if you have the soul gem AND have played at least 2 other gem quests so watch out!

Thanks most of this I'm good with and understand. Does it make any difference which gem guests we play and in which order? I find I tend to pick two or three of the sames ones fairly often each game but not for any particular rhyme or reason.

#5384 7 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On my 73 Flips Soul Gem Quest...
Missed my first couple of tries at Black Panther, so I used one of my Level 1 Mind Gems, got lucky and didn't miss any more shots the rest of the way and used one more Mind gem on the drop targets.
Also luckily I was recording a few games and was able to record this one!

I'm confused as it seemed like your getting shots counted for during Soul Gem mode even when not hitting them. So if you have the Mind Gem you can hit that shot and it counts towards the next Soul Gem is that correct? Think my best so far was 53 flips left but that was with completing all eight shots.

#5391 7 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, 64 flips was my previous best. It's tricky to get a Mind gem setup properly on a level 1 Avenger, let alone have a second level 1 and the Space gem ready... to do even better. Level 1 Avenger with Mind Gem allows you to use the "Boom" button for a single "best" shot available, three times. In the case of the Soul gem, you don't want the Avenger to be Level 2 since that is one use for getting all lit shots. (That does work great in situations like going for the Reality gem!)
You also get one "shot completion" for getting partway around the mini loop or Black Panther (ball falls back into pops - doesn't make it all the way around to the wireform return).

Thanks that helps clarify things and I will watch the video that was posted here when I get a chance. I'm also trying my best to read through all the rules again in hopes somethings stick this time! So much going on all the time it's hard to keep everything in mind. I also got to Black Order multiball last night for the first time so that was cool. Though oddly got there after I failed the first soul gem challenge. Which rarely ever happens as I find that to be the easiest mode to beat.

#5417 7 months ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My AIQ mods are done. I am pretty happy. I’ve got figures on all the major shots without, in my opinion, overwhelming the play field. It only took about $200 of Avenger ornaments and toys - many of which met the hacksaw…
Now to finish the audio and video code…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great with the way you laid everything out with each Avenger. Really interested in what your working on with the audio and video code. Would love to see and hear anything cool like that added to this game.

1 week later
#5623 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I know the comprehensive rule sheet exists, but is there a "strategy guide" for how to approach all the gem quests, where placement makes sense, when to stack multiballs, etc?

I’ve had my Premium for almost two months and even after reading the rules sheets from two sites and watching videos this game still kicks my ass. I’m just waiting for that one game where everything clicks and I finally figure out the best strategy to use. The other night after about twenty games I literally had to walk away as I felt like I wasn’t progressing at all. Definitely isn’t a pin you can just walk up and casually play, but certainly is a blast.

#5648 7 months ago

Man wasn't expecting an update but sweet downloading now. I'm curious is the Attract mode that says added Avengers Infinity Quest trailer to it Video? That would be awesome but I'm guessing it's just audio. I like the Soul Gem that you can set it to 2 flips per shot as I either always seem to complete it with 40+ flips left or somehow screw it all up.

#5856 7 months ago

Have a weird issue or I’m losing my mind so asking on this one. I had an issue tonight with random rebooting of my pin when it sat idle in attract mode or when I’d leave the service menu it would hang and restart. So I pulled the SD card out and programmed a brand new one and installed it. That definitely fixed the reboot issue and game is back to playing great. My question is this - the new video and sound that plays in code 1.0 when the pin boots up plays fine with audio the first time but after that when it gets to that video again there’s no sounds and I swear it worked before I swapped out the SD card. I’ve changed the setting in the menu to play sound when the video is running and it does play when I turn the pin off and on but that’s the only time. Can someone else confirm if that’s normal or should it always play the sound when that video runs? Thanks.

4E0F05B0-8AC4-4B74-A42C-BE85638A87B9 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6026 7 months ago

Does this guy have his AIQ pin in his bedroom? Laughing at his clothes on the hangers in the background and what looks like a bed and pillows behind him. No wonder he’s an expert. I love watching these videos but always feel like why isn’t it this simple then when I go play. Awesome though to see some of these guys and how extremely amazing they are.

3 weeks later
#6416 6 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

New code dropped - v1.01 - no major changes, but they did finally replace the trophy room.

How does it look my in-laws are in town and haven’t gotten a chance to update yet?

#6433 6 months ago
Quoted from berki089:

Does anybody else also have the problem that the drop targets (computer grid) don´t drop when the ball comes full speed from the right flipper? It`s pretty annoying when you go for the skillshot and hit the targets but nothing is happening. Is there some kind of adjustment I can do to solve this issue?

I wasn’t aware that was a skill shot? Any other weird ones as I know about the inner loop one up top?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside