04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#557 3 years ago

I played the pro today.

Damn. I might need to buy this game.

It's that good. Layout is fantastic. JP2 is my fav stern of all time and this feels diff but similar at the same time. Keith is a pinball design god.

#636 3 years ago

Well I'm in. Premium. The game is fantastic and really needs to be played in person to fully appreciate.

And if there clips annoy me enough I'll inject the movie clips like I did for jurrasic park, assuming pinbrowser works, which it doesn't yet. That being said, clips do a pretty good job right now.

2 months later
#3345 3 years ago

just joined the club. How do you make that subway move faster underneath...? Ball goes from gate to gate after portal lock. I want it to just go right through.

Thanks

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

1) update to the latest code. It speeds up the mech
2) there is a subway mech timer setting in the adjustments. Bring it down to around 750 to speed up the gate timing

Awesome thanks!

#3361 3 years ago

Purple powder looks great. The yellow on the LE is actually much nicer in person with the glitter

So why does the subway even do that gate to gate pass vs just showing the ball to side down via gravity into vuk?

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The mech is only 1 coil that moves 2 sets of 3 fingers up an down. So 3 fingers have to be up at any given time. The only way it can move a ball through is to walk it through each stop.
The reason the stops exist is to stage locked balls via portal locks before starting a quest.

Got it thanks!

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Finally starting to get my head wrapped around the rules on this thing, and from that Raymond stream the other day, it looks like part of the strategy is combos->portal locks->gem quest MBs->powered up avengers->more effective gems. Easier said than done, but now that I have a handle on what you actually have to do for most of the modes (which the game doesn't do a great job of calling out right now), it's easier to concentrate on scoring better/progressing more. Still trying to dial things in though. I've noticed a few things:
-The CM ramp is *just* making it around the loop on a clean shot most of the time. Still getting rejects off it more than I'd like. Stock rubbers and settings (flippers ship at 255), and around 6.8 pitch. The up/down play on the left flipper seems fine actually (not too tight to the PF). I suspect this is by design, but having not played another premium/LE yet, I can't say for sure.
-Anything coming off the right orbit (towards the BP ramp) is very close to SDTM. Same with the exit from the pops. Again, both seem intentional.
-The release from the tower also seems to head SDTM, but what's odd is that sometimes it will trigger a ball save, and not at other times. I think if you lock a ball, there's a short ball save after it drops, but not on a hawkeye challenge or a MB jackpot.

I'm new so any info on this would be great. What stream are you referring to as I'll check out later

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from VindictiveX:

I actually removed the mech completely(only two nuts to remove). In the settings, set the subway to pass through. Now, instead of the balls staging in the subway, it will be a virtual lock. The game flows so much better! No more loud clunking of the mech anymore either.
I did this when I was having problems with two balls being stuck together in the subway(which is now fixed in .94) but after installing it again, I really missed the flow, so took it back out again.

I tried the pass through and it didn't work like I you described so I must be missing something. Is there anything else you need to do?

#3433 3 years ago

Bc I'm a little slow today, can someone confirm how to make the subway just pass the ball through without stopping at each gate? I selected passthrough in the settings but it still does the gate thing

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The mech is setup so that one set of teeth are always up, so the ball will always have to be stepped through. Passthrough means the balls won't lock in the subway, each lock is sent to the end and kicked out. Good if you're getting hangups on the teeth.
If you want the balls to zip through to the VUK, I think you have to physically remove the teeth part of the mech. Set the passthrough setting so the game doesn't get confused.

Ok thanks! I thought I was missing something but apparently not

#3488 3 years ago

Best stream to learn about the rules, ideally .94?

2 weeks later
#3733 3 years ago

Does anyone have the mod? Not clear if it's a target or not and if so how does it not impact the path of the ball from going all around?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-captain-america-shield?variant=32970472652897

#3735 3 years ago

Thanks! Almost looks impossible for it not to touch the ball which is why I asked.

So I'm trying to understand strategy on this game. Is there a reason to not always start with time gem considering the reward seems so much better than the other gems?

#3814 3 years ago

So the fix for the ant man area wear - can you just put Mylar on that and if not what exactly do you need to do to fix?

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I just ordered this from Cliff. I think some are putting washers underneath.[quoted image]

Perfect. How hard was install

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Put a small washer under the guide it’s less obvious than the cliffy (which I have everywhere else) and it works perfectly.
The cliffy is great if your guide has already dug into the playfield.

Thanks. Any instructions on how to install the washer? Is it just loosening the nut below the pf our do you need to remove ramps?

1 week later
#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

That is an interesting development... Care to share more?!?!?

I've injected movie clips into the code like I've done with other titles (JP2, etc). No timetable on this but I'm digging the game and might put more in.

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Impressive. So what are the limitations? Physical size of storage? Time windows (only so many seconds of video)? Or is it more complicated than that? Pretty damn cool in any case. Is this a business venture or more just of a hobby?

Def just hobby. I never charge for my releases. Never taken a penny. Will do the same with this once I release.

#4092 3 years ago

Getting a lot of pms on the custom code with video so lmk post here....

I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.

Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....

I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.

share away!

#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

I love maiden's layout but absolutely hate the theme. Unless you love maiden, def dump it over JP which is the best stern ever (although I love JP).....

AIQ is really good and is a theme I actually like (not love). I wish stern would retheme maiden. I remember looking at the pro turned off and wishing it wasn't so ugly. I actually put in the prem translite b/c it's much better (although pro is all that was needed for me). Great game though. Keith is a beast. I like eric too which is why I have POTC GnR LE AIQ and JP2!

#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

LOVE my new Avengers Topper that I put together today - looks even better at night with the light between the two. Love it - plus it only cost me around $20 bucks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like that. Where did you buy the parts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.