IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defil8de.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9258 2 years ago

So I have ordered a new March run AIQ and am excited to get going! I have seen posts about ramp issues, I think CAPT Marvel ramp issues? Can't remember offhand but anyway, ramp issues one way or another.

What were the issues? And - is this the kind of thing that will be fixed in a new run like this, or will Stern just make it the same as the old ones with an issue and I'll need to fix it? I would really appreciate some help here because if it's the latter, I'd like to be prepared with what I need when the machine gets here. Thanks in advance!

#9268 2 years ago

hiker2099 awesome1 1956PINHEAD Sleal16

Thanks so very much to you all (and anyone else who chimes in later) for your replies. I'm not going to worry about the ramps until it's an issue. I'm very excited to get this pin!

Thanks!

3 months later
#10154 1 year ago

Had it about 2 weeks or so now. Love it, but sometimes frustrates the crap out of me. When you're beating Proxima or Corvus (the harder of the bosses IMO) to death, and they have a sliver of life and you have all yours - and then you get that random bounce and drain.... ARGGGHHHH it seems so wrong and stupid. I mean what's the real equivalent of this? Captain America slips on a banana peel?

But I think I've spotted a bug in this newest code version - has anyone else noticed that you can get level up / get to Level 1 etc with some characters sometimes and when you get the Soul Gem true-up point bonus, it only tallies up those characters "collected".

Has this happened to any of you?

#10158 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Ball locks make every gem mode a multi-ball.

I find that multiball is sometimes a strategic negative. When you have to hit specific shots, having Iron Man multiball going on can make that quite difficult. When possible, I try to go into boss gem battles with the locks ready for multiball if I can though. If multiball is on while I'm ending a boss battle, it makes it much harder for that nightmare scenario I described in my prior post "When you're beating Proxima or Corvus (the harder of the bosses IMO) to death, and they have a sliver of life and you have all yours - and then you get that random bounce and drain..."

1 week later
#10226 1 year ago

ATTN STERN:

WHEN / IF you update the code for this game, will you please take the call-outs from (I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be) Captain Marvel when the ball drains? Why in the world would an Avenger taunt her own team when they lost an infinity stone? It's a small thing - but it's annoying as crap. Let Thanos and Whoopie Goldberg (oops I mean Ebony Maw or not sure which one of the Black Order sounds like her) and the rest of the villains do the taunting.

Oh, and can we get a voice with a deeper register for Capt America while we're at it?

Thanks

#10232 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Would you prefer a group hug for your failures?

Lol no I dont mind taunting - I am an incredibly competitive trash talker myself. But the taunts I'm referring to are all wrong. When I play, I like to feel it's "The Avengers" fighting as a team. That what it's supposed to be, right? Narratively speaking, I would think they'd want to play that up, not downplay it. So the callouts to an individual - BY ANOTHER AVENGER no less - are incongruent with the entire narrative of the game....

Each battle for an infinity stone is fought by a TEAM. So it's lost by a TEAM. Have you ever been on a team? I would hope that if the fate of the universe was on the line and me and my TEAM lost one of those battles, one of my teammates wouldn't say "Sucks to be you!". Like really? Sucks to be me? It's your universe too, isn't it? And have you ever read any comics? I have. I don't recall that being consistent with Carol Danvers persona. Anyway, if the taunts were from Thanos and the gang, it would feel more Rah Rah and not out of place.

But this is where Stern games break down, the artistic part. Like the hokie animation on their games. E.g. Where the Hulk graphic falls from the top of the screen, hits the ground, then in two jerky frames turns upright. Wow, impressive! Like the Jurassic Park animations - they're just embarrassing in this century. The shots, the flow, and the rules are great. Stern excels at these things. They spend money on that part. They don't spend money on animation and rendering. JJP excels at these things, just play Hobbit or POTC. If Stern could up the ante on the multimedia part / art, I'd pay more for their games. But like the animation, the callouts meet the "good enough" Stern standard so they're not aligned narratively. But whatever. I love the game, this just gets on my nerves...

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF, have you ever watched any Avengers....anything?

? Is that even an answer?

Oh my bad, like that time in Endgame when Hawkeye came back from getting the Soul Stone. I remember it now - everyone asked Hawkeye where Natasha was, and after he slowly shook his head back and forth somberly, Iron Man said "Sucks to be her!"

#10256 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

*Edit - I was writing this response and didn't finish for a few minutes and the answers above were posted in that time. They are 100% correct and also -
Just to maybe clear up some things on the Black Panther shot...
When you shoot the right orbit for Black Panther - if the ball doesn't do a full loop and drops down into the pops (Flank Attack), it will count as a Black Panther shot towards powering up the Avenger, but won't count for Black Panther shots like Combo Jackpot - you need to go all the way around for that, which also counts towards powering up the avenger.
One other thing to make it a little more confusing - a Flank Attack Shot will count towards a lit shot, one time per every mode.

Is it it supposed to be a thing where you can't assign a stone to Black Panther? I don't have an issue registering that shot except when I try to do this. I can assign it when I get to rearrange gems, but not with the Black Panther shot itself. Anyone else seen this behavior?

#10262 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spoilers; 'Civil War" isn't a period piece

Nice sound bite, but that was about a disagreement regarding deeply held principles, it wasn't about childish insults when defeated by a common enemy. Does anyone on here commenting on this even read the comics series?

Yup and it'll go to the pops and get placed on Capt 'Merica

This I will need to check.

3 months later
#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

The point is the Avengers argue and insult one another and such all the time. I'm actually not sure if those comments are supposed to be Marvel or Widow but either way they feel pretty on brand for the way the group interacts.

If you've seen a movie or two - maybe. If you've read the comics for decades, not so much. It should be Thanos and Proxima Midnight, the Black Order etc that does the taunting. "You should have saved that..." is about as bad as it would get from a team member. That definitely sounds like the CAPT Marvel voice, but it's hard to discern.

But "sucks to be YOU"? No way. Between Avengers there's definitely banter, but there's not an Avenger that would say "sucks to be YOU" after the entire TEAM was defeated. When the Black Order wins they've ALL lost - it makes no sense. If that's supposed to be an Avenger saying that, then they have erred for a few reasons. 1) it's illogical and dumb saying "sucks to be YOU" when it's a TEAM and they'll ALL die if they don't succeed 2) comments like that just take you out of the game, out of BEING one of the Avengers.

I very much hope they change those callouts with a code update, or make sure it's clearly Proxima Midnight - or whoever's voice says "rejoice, for you are now a child of Thanos!" (is that you Whoopi Goldberg?) or something. Those particular callouts that sound like Carol Danvers are the only thing that GRATES on my nerves in an otherwise really perfect pinball machine.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I've got sliders on the front legs of the other two machines, just have to grab another pair for this new-to-me arrival.

Nice, slick sliders on the front legs really helps with the ball saves!

#10887 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Welcome! But, more important, what a view out that window!

Welcome! This is such a great game, you're going to really love it! It's challenging and complex and very rewarding. So much fun!

I have given some of the game's graphics a hard time on the forums (e.g. when the sideways Hulk image falls, rights itself in two turns) but I've come to appreciate the rendering they DID do a great job on like the portal animation, the gem animations, and others that are really well done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

4,999 (Firm)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
7,150 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider defil8de.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=defil8de and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.