04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6447 3 years ago

Does anyone know about what build date they changed the subway mech to correct the issue?

#6449 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Current maybe? mine is from Feb and has the old mech.

I guess it will be the luck of the draw. Not sure what the build date will be on my prem but it's ordered and and we shall see. I didn't feel like waiting until July or August on the re run to get the game, if it has the issue I will contact Pablo and have them send me one of the newer mechs.

Heard but not sure the delays might be due to the motors on some of the mechs in these games actually on a few titles which is why they are hard to get right now, motors are hung up through the shipping lanes.

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So my launcher used to work 100% of the time. Then it was like 80%. Now it's like 5%, and getting worse. I took a slow motion video and see the ball bouncing off the left right away - but the launcher itself looks to wobble too which didn't appear right. I looked at the mech and am not sure how to fix that or really what to look for. Anyone have any advice (preferably with pictures...)?

Check the alignment of you shooter lane protector on the right side, if it's too far out it will push the ball to the left as you see in the video.

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh good to know, I thought there was a new VUK mech... certainly not interested in the same one, lol...

There has to be a way to take up some of that slack to close the gap, or maybe add a burr as a bump stop so it doesn't go beyond a certain point.

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The answer is probably no but does anyone know if there are any distributors with LE's in stock?

Not sure on LE but doubtful, Automated has Prems in stock.

1 week later
#6645 2 years ago

Just joined the club with my Premium, what an awesome game. I just have two small issues with it:

First is one of the head decals came slightly damaged as if it wasn't complete cut through when they peeled it to apply it so no biggie new one coming from dealer and there was zero damage to the box or head so it had to be during application.

Second is more my house issue rather then game, AIQ doesn't fit in my basement floor to ceiling height like my W/B games do and they just get under the ceiling radar. W/B uses 28.5" legs as where Stern uses 30.5" so just ordered a set of wrinkle black W/B legs to toss on it when they arrive so I can set it up.

However did get to play a game or two on my table lift with my son, we really enjoy it. One can only imagine more so once it's properly setup.

#6649 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh... and no toppers for you!

LOL I know hence why I couldn't have cared less about the EHOH topper price and others for that matter.

Yep The legs are 2" in length difference 28.5 vs 30.5 and all 1991 to 1997 W/B machines, and believe me in my basement that two inches makes a world of difference. (That's what she said to)

So here I sit waiting on PBL order to arrive, at least they shipped it already.

#6667 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm having the exact same problem, there is so much slop in the mech my individual fingers are getting jammed beside the actuator bar.
I was going to reach out to my distributor today about it, but in the meantime I printed a bracket that is held in place by the coil that seems to be doing the trick. [quoted image]

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I actually have a new version on the printer right now that is a little bit thicker as i check out my clearances. Though the one in the picture is plenty strong enough especially with the right infill. There's not a ton of lateral force in the mech but the torsion the coil puts on it continuously tries to pull it out to the right.

Awesome job!!

#6681 2 years ago

Is there a setting to have the subway empty itself upon the game ending?

Thanks

#6683 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Mine empties any subway balls when the game ends. Not sure there is a setting...

Weird, mine didn't and when the wife was done playing she shut the machine as usual after all ending music and credits finished. Upon me booting it up later on when it was ready I hit start and it didn't feed the ball into the shooter lane but rather up-kicked the two balls in the subway so when I let the first one drain it acted as if ball one was finished.

I see a setting called "Subway clear frequency" currently set to off, other options settings are 2 thru 15. Not exactly sure what that is all about but I don't believe it's a clear on game over setting lol.

#6691 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Cool. If anyone doesn't have a printer and needs one of these, please post and maybe one of us with printers can get you taken care of. I'm able to play my game again without any issue. Got about 25 games on it with the fix in place and the subway is working like a champ. It was jamming every game before.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your print settings at especially the fill or density?

#6694 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Also, is there a chart somewhere describing the various gems, their powers once collected, and how each avenger is impacted by holding it? I know I am missing out on a lot of fun by not understanding the basic rule set.

Have you seen this to see the effects of the gems?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

#6716 2 years ago

If this is local to anyone looking for a Prem it might be worth looking into.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avengers-infinity-quest-premium-19

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When you say they're hung up at the exit point, what spot are you referring to? Do you mean the end of the wire right before the ball drops back down to the playfield? If so, I think that's a common hang up spot on that wire. I've adjusted mine by removing a washer from the last mounting point (where it's attached to the insane plastic). Doing that and also using very light pressure to try to just slightly bend the end of the wire gave mine just enough extra down angle that it didn't get hung up there any more.

He has the pro version so I don't think it's a drop issue, but maybe just after that hairpin curve in the loop? I been trying to think what he was talking here as well lol.

#6764 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Yeah it’s just after the hairpin curve in the loop - I couldn’t see or feel any obvious obstructions there, and just ever so slightly touching the ball frees it - but it seemed to have full clearance all around. Kind of a strange one, it really seems like a magnetization issue, but it’s suspect. Didn’t happen at all for the first couple hundred plays until I swapped balls, happened consistently - going back to the originals greatly improved it, but it still happens. It’s a mystery

By any chance does the ball exit from under the plastic into the right lane? If so have you tried to put a small washer under the plastic to raise the height a fraction to see if it a clearance issue on soft shots, as where speed shots blow right through.

#6767 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi everyone. I have a couple of really annoying ball hangup issue on my AIQ Premium. One of the worst is when the ball falls out of the vertical ramp, and gets stuck. This means I have to take the glass off. Happens quite often actually...
I have a feeling there is something wrong with my ramp. I am thinking the ball should not be able to fall out halfway at all?
Please see the video, here, where i demonstrate the issue.
If anyone can compare to their own ramp, i would really appreciate it.
Thank you!!

PS: Sorry for the terrible english

Have you tried to grab the lowest rail (which would be bottom rail ) in the loop at 12 o'clock position and try putting some upward pressure on it giving it a slight bend to tighten that gap through the loop? Second thing I would suggest is getting the Captain Marvel ramp fix.

I'm also going to assume that you do indeed have the clear shield that goes on the loop ramp as well

Your English was just fine BTW!!
Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#6770 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Not threaded. That’s the problem. The newton ball has a drilled hole in it and it was originally seated on the post with glue of some sort. The first time i simply put the ball back on the post, but it was not easy. I had to hammer it down, which was really hard since I did not want to disassemble the whole thing. I hammered down on a metal scraper/putty filler, which I had to use because the top of the ball is under plastic that is right under the wire form. It scored the plastic a bit, which is hard to see unless you are looking for it. The second time, I put a little super glue in the ball hole and did the same but was not able to get the ball flush down to the play field. I scored the plastic even more this time and think that if I use the same method if it happens again, the plastic will break. But now the fact the newton ball isn’t flush is pretty obvious. I am assuming it will pop off again soon.

I would for the $8.00 try this one from PBL.

https://www.pinballlife.com/newton-pinball.html

#6773 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen a couple other similar posts about this issue. My Captain Marvel ramp will not allow the ball to fit through. Definitely add the lexan or 3d printed fix to close the gap at the bottom which will make the shot smoother.
Try bending the wireform as DeathHimself recommended and you can also bend the wireform a little so the ball will clear the other wireform incase it does end up on top like you show. My wireforms are far enough apart a ball couldn't get hung up there.

I should add that if you attempt to close the gap and I mean just a little bit, you would want to try to do it evenly in pressure. IMHO I would try something like a hose clamp picture below to apply even pressure and also you are able to turn it in very slowly as not to over do it.

hose (resized).jpghose (resized).jpg
#6787 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

yeah, definitely a defect. not sure your warranty status, but i'd contact stern for a replacement. even if not, i'm pretty sure you can buy a new one. it's part #260-5016-00
here's the one for maiden, but it's all i can find on pinball life. you'll need to check that they can be substituted...
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-newton-ball.html

I don't think the Maiden would work I think that fits Maiden only, that's why I linked the other that is most commonly used on W/B and Sterns. Plus it's cheaper too and for the $8.00 it's well worth a shot.

https://www.pinballlife.com/newton-pinball.html

#6798 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

You should see it shine more brightly and solidly when you LOSE a gem to Thanos. When you collect a gem the corresponding lamp goes out on the gauntlet (and appears on the playfield, wherever you place the gem). The initial “flickering” state represents the gems being in neither your nor Thanos’ possession.
Although I have a hard time distinguishing the 2 lit states on the gauntlet, I can still keep track of who has the gems through other cues (playfield, and the lcd screen).

Just to add to this, during the gem quest mode the gem you are currently fighting for is indicated on Thanos glove blinking.

#6842 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, keep us posted when the list is opening up lol.

#6864 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Looks like 1.01 code cannot be burned to a fresh 8GB card due to file size, but I was able to upgrade 1.0 on my 8GB card to 1.01. Failed in both Etcher and PB Browser

I did it as a fresh install from the raw file. Are you using the recommended utility for it and following the steps? Also make sure it's a class 10 SD card for HD video.

#6866 2 years ago

Yes all confirmed. Was just a PSA really I will be doing backups and moving to 16GB cards since the image size can only go up from here.

Doh totally blew past the 8gb card part lol, yep 16gb are all I use.

#6879 2 years ago

That’s the upgrade file not the full image file I believe. Apples and oranges-

Yep the raw file is 7,676,928 KB. So it's just about 8GB in size before it even installs.

#6900 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Opposite. More comic like but again, not a direct conversion

I think he was referring to hawkmoon's comment about the movies, not the game itself in his reply. However yes 100% it's comic driven not movies based which was loosely driven from the comics lol.

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Any of you guys have issues with the Hawkeye challenge? If I hit the loop, it always says I missed...? It seems as though something is going on there...? Am I the only one?

Are you sure you are hitting the correct loop? There appears to be two opposite the upper flipper, one up the ramp and around to the right drop and the other thru the 180 orbit the feeds the left ramp. When the arrow lights there it's easy to confuse which one it wants you to hit, well for me anyway lol.

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

That's what I am hitting... nailed it clean multiple times, nothing...

Try a game with the glass off, then when you get the challenge grab the ball on release and push the requested target or loop send the ball through and see if it works.

I have only hit his target and got credit about 4 times thus far in about 30 games.

#6910 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

And you're hitting which one?

I was attempting to hit the loop, but like it was stated it might have been the target as well that it was calling for? Not sure I need to pull the glass and try.

#6918 2 years ago

Is there a way in the settings to disable the subway ball walk?

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think you can set it to "pass through" so it doesnt hold the balls, but if it's broken, you'd need to remove the mech itself as well. You can also disable the Raising Disc but only a madman would do that because that's actually pretty cool.

Yep tried that but that I believe is for the ball lock behavior as it still did the slow walk through.

#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love how the balls look locked down there and spaced apart. It would definitely loose some impact if they were lumped together. Then again I am one of the lucky ones and my subway works perfectly after a little tweaking. My biggest complaint is I wish I were a couple inches taller so I could see them better without tip-toeing.

Do what I did use williams bally legs it lowers the machine visual height by 2". Then again I had to due to low ceilings

1 week later
#7003 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just finding out who sells the cpt marvel ramp mod?

The man who just posted above you, "tdiddy"

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Pinball Avengers: Infinity Quest Shooter Rod Accessory
NOW SHIPPING!

Now that promo was funny as shit, well done!!

1 week later
#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Anyone know if you can correct the spelling of someone’s name on the high score list? My son accidentally spelled his name wrong and he’s not happy about it…
Thanks

Not sure but maybe someone with more experience would know, but can this be done in pinball browser, saved and reloaded?

#7133 2 years ago

I use Cliffy protectors on all my stuff, but on this game I tried the clear lexan protector for the shooter lane and really like how well it protects and performed. Plus it was a piece of cake to install. In such time if I play this game a few thousand times and it wears out, I'll just grab another.

#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Any idea on where to buy one? Mezel was sold out

https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

Be sure to select the AIQ machine

#7195 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Under the disc plate? I need to dig deeper, just sucks to play it right now.

Under the playfield on the mounting bolts for the disc mech is where you can add washers to bring the disc to a more level position with the playfield. The topside playfield plate is adjusted with the screws on top. You want it just a c hair below level with the playfield not above the playfield.

#7196 2 years ago

Dup post

1 week later
#7298 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I've been a bit back and forth falling out of love and then falling back in love with this game. Shoots amazing, but finding the playfield bare. Does anyone have the LERMODS figures (Black Panther, Iron Man, etc) and if so, do you find that they spruce up the playfield (in addition that is to the amazing tower and sanctum mod by mezelmods).

I have dropped a few in the spruce it up a bit.

492623B1-9631-419F-AEAD-6B5BA35318D0 (resized).jpeg492623B1-9631-419F-AEAD-6B5BA35318D0 (resized).jpegB15AD6AE-BFCD-489D-BED5-7BBB69D822F4 (resized).jpegB15AD6AE-BFCD-489D-BED5-7BBB69D822F4 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#7480 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, I just listed my AIQ Prem with a ton of mods in the market place.

1 week later
#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

SO I've played jurrasic park pro about 6 or 7 times. I found it sorta... meh. I then went to pinball life to pick up and order, and Terry had AIQ premium to play. Played it a grand total of TWICE and holy cow. I vastly vastly prefer how this both looked and shot. So why do I see JP being rated higher? What's the catch? I was blown away by Avengers, granted knowing little about the code.

JP is out longer, the modded code really takes the game to a new level of fun. Avengers is fairly new, very deep code that many don't grasp so they get turned off by that with the addition of very little animations and mediocre at best voice callouts. I have both and both shoot great, both are fun but now having to sacrifice one to make room for incoming, AIQ is the one that I put up only because nobody in the house other then myself plays that title and I try to keep titles that we all play together on those family fun nights.

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You put a lot of money and time into your mods to only play AIQ 100 times... Good Luck with the Sale!

Like I said, I'm the only household member who plays it so it has low plays as I rotate thru all my machines and now that it's listed I have it unplugged so I don't even put it on and change those numbers as listed

#7571 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Ahh even an stuck ball with the plastic protector! Some knows a better fix?[quoted image]

Heat that plastic with a hairdryer and bend that edge more to 90' angle then what it is now.

2 weeks later
#7679 2 years ago

Unfortunately I'm leaving the club on a game I love to play but the family don't so I try to stay focused around machines we all play together. So I'm selling a Prem with a 107 lifetime plays, 329 total balls played just slight over MSRP @8k but the game does have over 1.2k in upgrades in it. I'm also flexible in removing some of the mods to reduce the price a bit if a prospective buyer wishes.

Machine was Purchased in April of 2021 from Mike in CT (Automated Services) I'm the original owner so it's HUO and has zero play issues what so ever. If anyone knows someone looking for a nice Prem (east coast) I'd appreciate them have them take a look.

Thanks

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “price lowered to 7500 firm, 200 less then new without the taxes plus has over 1k in mods for just about a brand new machine. For Sale is my stunning AIQ Prem with just 107 plays a...”
2021-07-31
Staten Island, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 921 times

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

So... which major component of the game will this modification improve?

This sounds like one of those internet adds where they keep hooking you in with the catch phrase line, watching a 10 minute video without even seeing and revealing the product.

Unless you subscribe now.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,924 (OBO)
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.