IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coolcatpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

This time we have approval from the moderators! Let's start off this owners thread on a positive note by welcoming everyone aboard who has an order in, or hopes to own one in the future. My distributor said they were expecting a Pro to land as soon as tomorrow, so Stern has their act together on this one. Supposedly a short limited run of Pros, then full run of LEs, then back to Pros, and finally Premiums. Welcome to the club everyone

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I’m in. One of the first posts. Woohoo!

Awesome!! Welcome aboard, and congrats! What model you order?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I have an LE in order. Can’t wait to get some time on it. I’ve never pulled the trigger on a game before playing it. Following IMDN and JP2, I knew it would sell out immediately. FOMO was strong on this one. Fingers crossed it’s as fun as I think it will be.

Same here man. My first LE ever. New or used. Can't wait! Shouldn't be too long since Stern has shipped a couple pros out to distributors.

Quoted from evileye:

Posting this now, so that I can quote myself in the future and see how long it took to finally acquire a premium.

I'd have gone premium if it weren't for that darned wait!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You and me both. Boom.

The funny thing is I thought my wife would kill me, but she enthusiastically said "Ohhhhh its pretty! I love the yellow!" LOL, go figure.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

M thinking of getting a premium. What is the wait time on a premium?

I'm hearing late October. No hard dates that I'm aware of on the Premiums (or any model for that matter). Unfortunately Stern usually runs them last.

#17 3 years ago

Poor Black Widow... Getting no love in the Poll

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I went with the Pro. I’m sure I’m one of the few, but I’ve always been a Pro guy. Marvel ramp and subway in the premium look bad ass, but from what I saw on Jack”s Marvel stream, the gameplay looks to be intact with the Pro. Can’t wait,

I have a JP pro, and a GOTG pro that are a blast to play. I think this Pro will be just as fun as the other models also. Some folks are digging the flow a bit better on the Pro as well.

#23 3 years ago

it appears that an LE is currently listed for sale by Pinball Pros on the market. Its almost 1k over suggested retail, but hey, if anyone is desperate for an LE new in box, there it is.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your first LE is a special one. Enjoy it!

Thanks!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Anyone know what time Jack is streaming tomorrow?

I'm curious as well

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Barring any unusual circumstances, such as reveals, Jack's regular streams are at 6pm CT Monday through Friday.

Nice! So 7pm Eastern. Plenty of time for me to catch it.

#38 3 years ago

Since this will be my first LE, I'm curious how the speakers/audio on the LE sound vs. the normal audio on the Pro models. Anyone here have both that can give an opinion?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had a Stranger Things Pro and then a LE. The only difference are the upgraded LE wood speakers. Definitely better than the pro speakers but don’t expect it to be the greatest thing you’ve ever heard. Haha
But if the music in the game is good, I highly recommend the pinnovators sub kit ($35) and an external sub.

You know what, I actually have one of those spare in somewhere! I had it on my JP pro, then upgraded to a full Pinwoofer super kit. Forgot all about it. I'll definitely add that on AIQ. So, if I'm catching you correctly, the sound on the LEs really isnt that much better that the standard pro audio.I was hoping the "upgraded sound" would keep me from having to change anything.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm in! This is my second NIB and first premium.
Never bought a game before release so I'm pretty darn excited.

And you're an old timer here, congrats on your first NIB. Theres something warm and fuzzy about that big Stern box being delivered right to your door.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Welp, distributer says March shipping on a premium. At least the code will have a couple updates by then and the mods will be out.

That's gotta be a 2nd run on premiums that far out. Right??? If not, I'd make a few phone calls.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Annnnnnd we're back in the club thread! Thanks scribbles!!!

This time with approval from the moderators

#64 3 years ago

How did the stream go? I missed it! Anyone have a link to it?

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Was told the same! Unfortunately I missed the Oct run.... I am #1 on his Dec run....

Crazy they've already sold out on the first premium run!

#73 3 years ago

I actually hear some taunting from the black order during gem quests on this stream! Awesome! I never could hear them before and thought it should be added. Apparently it's there already! So good to hear.

#77 3 years ago

I didn't watch the entire stream, but having modes and shots explained as they were being played helped me out in a major way. Can't wait for the LEs to get on the line! This game is looking better and better the more I see of it.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They must expect us mere mortals to rarely if ever get to Thanos, much less defeat him like Jack did with those death saves!
They need to get some fanfare in there like after defeating all the walkers in LMS!!

The death saves were crazy! I have to go back and rewatch them. They happen so fast, its hard to tell whats going on.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Do you think the Simpsons has one animator drawing the whole episode or style sheets that multiple people use for reference?
It’s not hard to have the Avengers tower be blue on the screen like it is on the playfield or vice versa (They are different colors).

I'm sure the modding community will be right on top of the high profile toys inside this machine. The tower, glove, etc. They'll most likely color match the tower and make it more detailed, add realism to the glove. I get where you're coming from, but I wouldn't stress about it too much.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Any word if the LEs have hit the line yet?

They posted pics of the pros on the line 4 days ago, and I know they've shipped out some to distributors. Supposedly they're only doing a very small run of Pros, then shifting to all the LEs. No pics yet, but it cant be long now.

#86 3 years ago

Ok, I just spoke with a live person at Stern. They are currently running Pros and shipping to distributors. They told me LEs would start production in "the next couple weeks". When I asked about the small run of Pros rumor, she just said "Pros are being run and shipped, then LEs in the next few weeks". So, they may actually be doing a full run of Pro models. But, LEs should be on the line before the end of the month assuming they stay on schedule.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

The game has MORE Dr. Strange than any other character. Sling Ring, Portals, etc, etc.... and he's NOT EVEN IN THE POLL.
Sacrilege.

Lol, very true. I'll change the poll this evening and add him as an option.

Quoted from paul_8788:

Huh. I know this is what Stern usually does but the early report (including the one I got from my distrib) was that initial Pros was going to be a very small run, then starting LEs, possibly this week. Weird.

That's exactly what I heard also, and I was surprised by the answer I got from Stern. I will say that when I asked about the short run on the pro models, the lady I was speaking with seemed a little surprised and her answer was short and to the point. Maybe she couldnt share exactly what their plans were, or maybe I was just irritating her a little bit. Lol.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the owners thread ...again...
December delivery for my first run Premium AMD say's here in Australia. Hoping they are under promising and over delivering as it's only 3 weeks on the boat to get here.
My second nib, Deadpool Pro was my first ever pinball, but my first preorder.

Welcome back Punkin. Only Positive vibes here so far this time

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I wonder how many people yelling “Im getting a LE”
Is actually getting a LE....

Well, I'm paid in full, so I better damn well get an LE
In all actuality, if they did call me and say "oops, we messed up, you can't have an LE", I'd just ask for a hefty discount on a premium and move on with my life. Or even a Pro for that matter, I think all versions of this title will be a blast to play.

#102 3 years ago

Here's just a little nugget to feed the nerd inside of all of us. This is from the very limited number of comics i still own. i was going through them last night. Origin story and first appearance of Captain Marvel. December of 1967.

20200917_073512 (resized).jpg20200917_073512 (resized).jpg20200917_073603 (resized).jpg20200917_073603 (resized).jpg
#104 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Don't go showing graded and encapsulated comics - next thing, pinheads will be doing that with play fields.
Ha Ha

Oh lord! Hadn't thought of that!! Lol

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone get an LE yet?

Not yet. Pros are all that's shipped so far. I spoke with Stern yesterday. They said LEs on the line "within a couple weeks".

#112 3 years ago

Love that instruction card!!! And the gems on the right hand side card. Nice touch!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

I honestly thing that *initial* stream of the game was very confusing. But when you actual play it the rules are easier to understand than Deadpool. It feels like a combo of my two favorite games. Deadpool and Jurassic Park. Fast and fun but strategic and laid out perfectly. I think I might only buy Elwin games from here on out haha.

Good to know. I for one, can definitely say the initial stream confused/scared the heck out of me. The later streams have been a big relief.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I’d imagine they are on the line now or some are complete. I’ve been asked to pay in full and the machines are estimated to be ready in the next week or so.

I certainly hope you are correct, I'm ready for mine asap! I'm just passing along what the lady at Stern told me. She may have been just saying next few weeks to lower my expectations. You know, better to deliver earlier than expected rather than later than expected. That type thing. I'd be stoked to have mine before the end of the month.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Lovin' what you're hearin'!

Same here man, I certainly hope that's the case! Pinball NJA, where did you get your info?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re going to do any aftermarket upgrade and want to hear real difference, Pinwoofer is the way to go. You might as well just get off the shelf aftermarket speakers if you’re considering pinball pro or flipper Fidelity.

I second the motion in support of Pinwoofer. Here are a few pics showing their speakers vs. the stock speakers from my JP pro. Besides the speakers, the kit comes with a plug in amplifier that has separate gain controls for backbox, sub, sub frequency, treble, and master volume. Super easy to install.

20200830_110227 (resized).jpg20200830_110227 (resized).jpg20200830_110240 (resized).jpg20200830_110240 (resized).jpg20200830_113100 (resized).jpg20200830_113100 (resized).jpg20200830_113119 (resized).jpg20200830_113119 (resized).jpg

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Them pro speakers look pretty sorry...they BOSE?
Last (old) update i got was around 24 Sep for LE ship date....Anyone have anything legit as of today they havent been delayed anything serious? Not at all suggesting we harass our distros for an update.
Is it normal for the mod community to be this quiet on a new game? Hoping tilttopper or someone makes something neat...maybe Avengers tower to the left of the “A” logo or something....the gauntlet is the obvious choice but can they tap it in to light with the game without the supposed spike node boards that are in the toppers? Im also done watching streams of the game. Not that anyone asked....saw what i needed. Excited

One guy earlier (post 119) said his distributor asked him to pay his balance. Thats usually an indicator that games are coming soon. As far as the glove goes, I'd love to see some simple replacement gem covers that are colored instead of white. That would make the glove look much better without a complete replacement.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

100% agree on Pinwoofer products over all others.
I did a review on them recently ...
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/04/24/woofers-dinosuars/

Wow brother! That is a great write up! The only thing I would add is their newest kit comes with a much nicer all in 1 amplifier. No more mounting 2 separate amps.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Without tossing them to the wolves, a reliable source for pins....
It’s only “hear say” at this point of course.
I put my deposit down for my LE and someone mentioned,
Don’t be surprised if you get a call to come pick it up in the next couple weeks.
I think they are a head of schedule on this one.
If the Europe ships are packed, they are not packed with pros alone.

Thanks for the info, that's encouraging

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

LE coming... Soon

What's the word Meegis, dont be holding out on us!

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I was ordering a couple other things so I added these to the cart to try out what colors might look good. Can’t wait for the machine to get here!
[quoted image]

I was thinking red, yellow, or dark blue on the flippers as well. Probably going to go all red rubbers. Post sleeves as well. Put a little contrast on the post sleeves in the back.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I'm definitely going to try red also. I already had a supply of the standard red rubber so I'm going to give those a try first. What about the start button? I'm not usually very much into modding or changing things, but I don't know about that green start button on the front. It might be neat if anyone could make a button in a color that matches the machine better and has the Avengers "A" logo instead of saying "Start".

Agreed I bet a red or blue A logo start button would look awesome! Just got my Totan order in. Ordered a bunch of random colors to try.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Scribbles,
Wanna make my life easier and lost the parts and quantities that you ordered?
I may select different colours but it’s way easier than going through the manual.
Thanks!

Heres what I ordered. There ARE extra quantities of each size. The rubbers are cheap and I like having spares. This list does NOT include post sleeves because I prefer super bands translucent on my posts.

Screenshot_20200918-155826_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200918-155826_Email (resized).jpg
#171 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Just got my deposit back for my Premium and must relinquish my owner title... not sure what it is, but I just cant seem to get excited over this one. I'll probably regret it down the line but for now I will just be a spectator.

Gotta do what feels right man. You can always pick one up later on. They'll sell a ton of this title.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

LE's on the line and officially being boxed up for delivery![quoted image]

AWESOME!!! I knew you had the inside scoop Meegis! Lol, just kidding. Although your avatar does appear to be keeping a close eye on something... (could be LEs, could be Peter Griffin)

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Yep, the comic store I purchased from had the same price. Infinity is 632 pages vs 256 on Infinity Gauntlet, maybe that's why it costs so much. I was happy to give the comic store some business so I didn't mind.

Thank goodness I have a good friend that is a Marvel comics Nut job!! He has all the stories on a bookshelf in his home. He let's me borrow whatever I want. I guess I should tell him to bring that series over.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Has anyone been working on any Mods? A new infinity gauntlet is a given. What else would people want to see?

I'm sure there will be plenty of mods available very shortly after lots of the games have landed in public. Sanctum target, Tower, and the glove are prime suspects. Shouldn't be long.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Thank you for putting this together. Ordered them all in all purple for my LE
W/2 Blue flipper rubbers
Edit for flipper colors

Sweet! I think pretty much any color is going to look good on this game. Its so vibrant and colorful you probably can't go wrong.

#196 3 years ago

Place your bets! I have zero information to base this on, but, my Bet is that LEs start landing at doorsteps by the end of this week! Whats everyone think?

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Quick question for those that have bought new Sterns regularly and especially recently, do the Stern supplied pinball balls still need replacing before first use (recommend yes or no)?

I've found that the balls are pretty decent. However, I would recommend keeping an eye on the black rubber stern puts in the machines (everywhere). My personal experience is that it breaks down quickly and starts leaving smudges and debris on the balls which of course gets on the playfield. Others may disagree, but I replace those first thing. Use whatever brand you prefer.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

I can't wait for you guys to play it. The ramps are SO smooth. The ball comes right back to the flipper. The goals are clearly laid out. And the playfield is simply beautiful. Dr Strange's disc looks pretty sweet underneath. And for those of you asking it ships with Code 0.90
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a personal pin? Where are you located? I'm just curious of time frame on shipping vs. Landing in owners hands.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Damnnnn dude I played one and it is pretty awesome and I think I might have to make some room for this one kids. Didn't really see this one coming but it did kind of make me forget aboot the PF issues

Ohhhh, Shit! It's got the stamp of approval from the law!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Whatcha first-run Pro and LE owners got in mine for out of box adds or protectors?
A six pack and let it rip or ya’ll already got some plans?

Replace stock rubbers with Titans, then let er' rip!!

#219 3 years ago

Just a little off topic, but damn, what talent and dedication!! So cool to see the end payoff.

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

it was set to a minimum... use a real protector not mylar here!

Where can one find these clear rigid shooter lane protectors? Pinball life doesnt seem to have them.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector
I called em about two hours ago. They dont have the specs for AIQ yet.
She mentioned using blue painters tape trimmed nicely until they get the AIQ design ready

Thanks! I'll throw down some blue tape then to hold me over.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I've noticed in the promo video that the pop-up post above the top flipper is plastic rather than the metal that JP has. Any concerns there on wear?
Edit - Just got a response from Keith himself on the Deadflip stream. It's plastic on the machine they're using but will be metal on the production games.

Is there a deadflip stream on now? Link please?
EDIT: Found it

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put down some self adhesive felt in the shooter lane.
Blue is not gonna cut it for long.
$1.25 for a sheet at Hobby Lobby. Cut it to size and apply.
Best cheap protector out there AND you can cover about 40 games with one sheet.
Gotta love Cliffy but just don't need it.

Yeah man, I'm down with that. As others have asked, do you have any pictures?

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Felt/Black-Soft-Peel-&-Stick-Craft-Felt---9%22-x-12%22/p/20782
I've had it on some games for years. I did buy a few of the clear lane protectors from Mezel for BM66, MB and maybe one other one?
As you can see it comes in all different colors. Easy down, easy up.

Thanks! I'll try it out for sure. Plus as the product description states, I can turn my pin into an adorably adorned craft!

#261 3 years ago

Just hung up the phone with my distributor. He said my machine (LE) would drop ship straight from Stern due to my location. They said could be as early as next week to my doorstep, but not to expect it.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It seems that many distros received one pro as a "Showroom" game and were told to not sell them to operators. Seems like a new approach maybe because Stern is trying to appeal more towards home buyers right now?
I'm sure when the next batch of Pros arrives we will see them at more locations.

That's the exact rumor I heard weeks ago. Stern would make enough Pros to get 1 to each distributor, then do the complete LE run, then more Pros, and finally Premiums. Who knows where that started or if there's any merit to it. But, it appears to be what's happening.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are LEs currently shipping to people?

My distributor said today, I could receive mine next week, but "don't get my hopes up too high". So, I'd say they are starting to ship, yes. But, remember, there are 500 that need to be built, boxed, addressed, and pushed out the door. So, could still be a short wait.

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You better get ready for the back of the pack LEs
That’s ok Scribbler

Back of the line?! Say it ain't so!! Lol. Why you say that Iceman?

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Harrison on Marco stream earlier-(not a gameplay stream) lots of LE’s built and shipped so far....

Is there somewhere I can view this stream now that its done?

#312 3 years ago

Nice! I searched the replay. Around the 1hr 10 minute mark he says he thinks the first container of LEs shipped on Tuesday. Then says LEs started shipping Monday. So yeah, they're on the way!!!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

OK boys, I’m a bit late to this thread but I believe I got the last LE. Waiting very impatiently but the process seems better than when I was waiting for my Monster Bash (Limited Edition). Can’t wait to get it and add it to the collection. Ordered the topper and shooter rod.

Where did you manage to snag an LE this late in the game? (One thats not priced 2k over retail.....) Congratulations!

#331 3 years ago

LEs in full swing!

20200925_111210 (resized).jpg20200925_111210 (resized).jpg
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

It looks to me like they changed the finish on the glove - darker and with a bit more shading.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw it for that brief second in the video. I sure hope so

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is they had all these parts already and didn’t change anything. But I could be wrong.
Hopefully someone comes up with a mode to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

Clear or color matched gems would be a huge improvement. Heres to hoping.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Not following? Whats wrong with the first run?

I believe he had a first batch premium lined up with his distributor, and there was a mix up. Now hes in line for 2nd run. Hence, the "I need a new distributor". At least that's what I took away from it.

#382 3 years ago

I'm not going to put them in my machine, BUT, if you are looking to put action figures in, these are a bit nicer and more detailed. Plus, theres a good sized Thanos included.

Screenshot_20200926-192129_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200926-192129_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

They aren't even the right version. These are Endgame figures. At least stick with the Avengers Assemble cartoon look if you do feel the need to add figures. Professor Hulk lol

Good point, but the Thanos figure is pretty cool.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

For my premium it’ll be anti reflective glass, shaker, PinWoofer, external volume/headphone jack, Ball Baron balls (we’ll try Ninjas first). When available: tower, Thor, Sanctum mods. Just wish I could get a direct print back glass, not the insert. I know, sounds like an LE, but I just like to customize it my way. Anyway hoping for a pre Xmas delivery. Stoked.

You got it figured out! That's almost exactly what I was going to do, but I'm impatient so I just went all in on my first ever LE My only mod plans are yellow trim on backbox, Titan rubbers, and clear stadium lighting.

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Looking forward to your LE report scribbles. I know there are a few cool places to play near Knoxville. Maybe not so much right now but soon

I'm hoping it gets here before this upcoming weekend. Regardless, I'm having 7 or 8 pinheads over for a bbq/fire pit/ pinball event. I'd really like to get it set up and playing so I can get everyones opinions on it. I have high expectations on this machine based on the streams I've seen and reviews from folks who have put time on a Pro model.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Will this be the week we get our delivery calls?

I'll bet the calls start coming in this week. Delivery?? Thats another story, but maybe.

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Broke off or unscrewed and fell out? Where did you take the picture?

Looks like it unscrewed to me, but I'm not the one taking the picture.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like the fastener came loose. Reinstall with a little blue locktite. No big deal.

Yup, could be another case like the JP upper flipper post, where a nylock nut and some blue loctite fixes the problem.

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I printed out the rule sheet, it’s 25 damn pages!

I also plan on printing it out. I'd love to have a rule book for all my games, just like the shop manual.

#446 3 years ago

So, note to self: while replacing the stock rubbers with Titans, remember to remove the Dr.Strange mech nut, replace the rubber there, and add a drop of blue loctite before replacing the nut. Hopefully it's as simple as that. No big deal.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Show us how its done! First owner takes the pics!!

Still waiting on "the call", but deal, I'll do it!

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

My LE is in and will pick up tomorrow.

Awwww HELL! Here we go! They're landing! Where are you located Topper?

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I BEAT THANOS!!
I went to my Distributor to check out for the second time.
It was my third game played on his Pro model
This was done on a 3 ball game and I got 2 Extra balls. I had 338 M on ball one
The Game is super fun and outlanes are tight which gives longer ball times!
Here is what I accomplished.
Got all gems
All Multiballs including Black widow
Black widow Multi had super long ball savers and somehow kept getting relit.
I Did Not get to Black order Battle Royale
I did Beat Thanos!
Thanos had super LOOONG ball saves and was fun but repetitive in shots to complete.
I believe the code will be changed to make this more challenging.
I mean I beat Thanos and honestly, This was my third game ever!!
I was dialed in on my shots and did not miss often. When I did miss though, the game is more forgiving than Turtles, in that when you miss, you dont have to pay the price with a drain. Which IMO opinion makes the game more enjoyable!
I have to give Credit to My distributor as well Chris Pascaretti for doing a little coaching through the game
I rarely came up for air, Hardly ever looked at the LCD. Just concentrated on shooting lit shots
Cant wait to play my LE, Hopefully they get delivered this week![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Flippin sweet dude!!! I know some people love games that are near impossible to beat. I'm talking years of ownership before actually beating it. Not me. I want to be able to at least have a shot at achieving everything the game has to offer. And, once that's done, I'll still come back to see if I can get a higher score. So personally, I'm excited to hear that its achievable. Admittedly, 3 games in is too easy, and I agree if that's the norm, it will be changed in code.

#487 3 years ago

Doesnt look bad to me considering its probably been played non stop with no protection, and the trough eject power at full blast.

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

First premium game. I dont expect ill be disappointed in my decision.

I don't expect you'll be disappointed either. Based on Pro model reviews, this one is shaping up to be a winner. I believe the premium/LEs will be even more fun with the added wireforms, subway, and moving Dr. Strange disc

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.
Dan

Definitely make sure the balls are clean and free of oil/scratches. A quick wipe down with a microfiber towel, yes. As far as wax, no, I do not. Logic being the clear on the playfield may still need a bit of time to fully harden or offgas. I have zero scientific basis for my decision, but that's just how I do it. Lol. I wait a month or so before waxing.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

It appears the end of the LE run will be next week. That's when my is being built/shipped. The good part about getting the last of the LE's is that they've gone through their production problems (hopefully). The bad news is over 400 others will be shipped and played before I get mine!!!

May I ask who you ordered from and how you got the info? I'm just eager for mine

#522 3 years ago

First LE to land and post a pic! Congratulations!!!

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is that LE #420?

If it is #420, one would assume all 500 are built at this point. That or they took a loooong break at 4:20.....

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Got my shipping confirmation today. Arrives Friday.

Awesome!!

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Hi Scribbles,
I'm getting mine from Hemisphere's Amusements in Chicago. They explained to me they prefer to get the end of the run - they are hoping the kinks get worked out by then. Not a bad thought. I don't need the first one. I want one that works. I got a Monster Bash (Limited Edition) NIB and it was # 540. Only had one small issue. Bottom line is they said they were told by Stern that these were going next week. Soooooo, hopefully they can go pick it up by the 7th or so.

Thanks for the info!

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Going to Pick up My LE tonight.
Stupid work and Life or I would already be on my way!

If I get the call while I'm at work, I MAY develop a belly ache that requires me to leave immediately so as not to get other employees sick

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

LE shipping today!

Lucky! I'm jealous. I was just informed by Stern that the LEs allotted for my distributor haven't even been built yet. Stern said "maybe next week".

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mmmm fun fun fun fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Robert! Just the guy to ask. How does that yellow look? Is it metallic flake? If so, how much metallic? Description please

#565 3 years ago

When someone gets theirs unboxed and set up, I'd love to see a well lit close up of the metal flake in the powder coat. Every photo I've ever seen makes the yellow look flat.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Thanks, even though it's not a dream theme for me, been watching the streams and reveals etc and I am feeling this machine big time...in a weird, but legal, way.

Once it arrives you could feel it in illegal ways also if the mood strikes you...... it does belong to you at that point. No judgements from me man

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Thank you. The bubble is just touching the bottom line so I will increase the slope a little to see if that helps.

The bottom 0f the bubble or the top of the bubble?

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The bubble is NEVER accurate. Use the PinGuy app, and make sure you calibrate it first.

Agreed, but I ask because if the bottom of the bubble is barely touching the bottom line, hes at least close. If the top of the bubble is touching the bottom line hes waaaay off. Btw, with my bubble centered on my JP and GOTG, I'm at 6.8 on JP and 6.6 on GOTG according to pin guy app. So, bubble is at least a quick and dirty gauge.

#589 3 years ago

Also keep in mind, when using a phone app for leveling purposes, when you lay your phone on the playfield. If your phone is even the slightest bit rotated clockwise or counter, your bubble app will be off. I do use the app, but it's not perfect. Still plenty of room for human error.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I will try the app. This is where I had the bubble.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I'd raise the back a hair, center that bubble, then double check pitch with a phone app. The app will also help you dial in left to right slope.

#602 3 years ago

It looks like its flat plastic screwed to a metal "L" bracket?? If so, perhaps just bend the L up a little bit? But surely someone will mod this item soon. It's kind of a key target and is kind of blah to look at.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code!
V0.91.0 - October 1st, 2020
===========================
- Tutorials - adding Avengers specific tutorial videos to attract loop
- Change Gems - fixed an issue where Change Gems could be started during a multiball / wizard mode
- Battle Royale - fixed issues with choppy / slow animations throughout this mode
- Battle Royale - fixed issue where the timer text would wrap strangely in Challenge Mode
- Battle Royale - damage is now dealt when last flip reaches zero
- Avenger Shots - fixed an issue where powered up avenger would show millions of shots left (display issue only)
- Black Panther Shot - progress can be made via Right Orbit to Star Rollover (shot multiplier will be 1X if Reality Gem is placed though)
- Avengers Assemble - assembling Avengers now scores 5M, 10M, 20M each wizard mode start
- Gem Quest Selection - randomly picks a starting Quest to display first
- All Gem Quests - added Final Blow display effects to final shot to win Quest
- All Gem Quests - removed the separate Time Bonus screen and added information to Final Blow display
- All Super Modes - pausing Super Modes when Quest or Wizard modes are running, will resume when modes are completed
- Iron Man Locks - only blink next lock if you can currently advance the locks
- Thor Spellout - letter collect light and shaker motor effects
- Thor Multiball - added mode start shaker motor effects
- Thor Multiball - added Double, Triple and Quadruple Jackpot speech to the Thor Mjölnir awards
- Soul Gem Mode - fixing an issue where the final shot display effect would be interrupted by a previously lit Hawkeye Challenge at the Tower
- Soul Gem Mode - fixed an issue where the mode would not end with zero flips
- Soul Gem Mode - added a grace period for the last flip before the mode ends
- Soul Gem Mode - fixed an issue where flip counter update was too slow when flips are removed
- Soul Gem Collect - new background video added for gem collect / gem placement
- Black Order Multiball - Eye of Agamotto, Super Jackpot, and Totals all have sounds and callouts
- Avenger Bonus Screen - new background video implemented
- Victory Laps - new videos implemented
- Trophy Mania Multiball - new videos implemented
- Arc Reactor - removed 250K max, changed to 25K / lane switch, 50K / lane completion
- Arc Reactor - value is now reset when collected
- Mystery - fixed an issue where Max Time Bank award would be chosen when Time Bank is already maxed out
- Hawkeye Challenge - fixed an issue where it would not be started due to incorrect checking for iron man multiball locks
- Hawkeye Challenge - tweaking speech timing when Hawkeye Challenge is started
- Strange Motor - fixed an issue where motor would not find a valid switch position after coin door / interlock switch was opened
- Strange Motor - keep strange motor down for 60s when force end game is used via left flipper + start button hold
- Strange Disc - fixed an issue with the disc diagnostic screen that would lock up the game if you entered when the interlock switch was open
- Bullseye Targets - added Extra Ball when targets are completed, default 3 (adjustable from 2 to 4)
- Trophies - added Extra Ball when trophies are collected, default 8 (adjustable from 5 to 10)
- Trophies - award display effect layout improved with text colors matching color of trophy awarded
- Trophies - Trophy case glass in Mainplay updated so you can see them better
- Combos - moved Extra Ball threshold to 50 combos
- Instant Info - allow more time for the Trophy status pages
- Sound - many new sound effects added and volume tweaks for existing sound effects
- Callouts - many new callouts added
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows to modes in the game
- Topper - added many more Topper light shows
- Illuminated Shooter Knob - added many more light shows
- High Scores - changing time format to X:XX.XXX
- Tournament Screens - fixed an issue where the Tournament Screen could be drawn on top of tutorial video
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'BALL SAVE TIME' default to 12 seconds
- changed 'TROUGH EJECT POWER' minimum to 64
- changed 'LEFT FLIPPER POWER' default to 255 from 245
- changed 'RIGHT FLIPPER POWER' default to 255 from 240
- changed 'SLINGSHOT POWER' default to 24 from 32
- adding 'SUBWAY LOCK HOLD POWER' default to 50
- adding 'SUBWAY LOCK HOLD TIME' default to 1000
- System - Updated to V2.59
- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

MANY new call outs added, MANY new sound effects added. Nice!!!

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This is the main reason I went with the premium. Do any of you LE owners want to comment on this ramp? Is it really satisfying to make?

This! Out with it guys. Lots of games arriving, but as of yet, no one has commented on the game play. Us poor souls still waiting want details! Lol. And I'd still like to see someone capture that metallic in the yellow close up, high res

#650 3 years ago

Avenger DOWN!!!
Avenger DOWN!!!
We played about 10 games on our new LE tonight.
As I was playing, I heard a loud thump!
Sounded like a ball fell out of the playfield and went boom on the bottom of the cabinet.
I investigated and found parts in the cabinet that made the sound.
After looking closer, I found they came from 5.45 Walking lock bottom assembly.
I detailed in pictures how the assembly comes out. It was easy 3 Nuts and disconnect 1 harness going to the coil.
You have to take off the E clips and then that rail in order to get the broken piece off.
Its called Finger ASM, Long pin part #515-2367-00
I am sharing this post because I know this is not Isolated and others will have same problem. Those post on the fingers are spot welded, similar to coil stops in my opinion.
It was sort of a Lot to take off considering you have to remove 6 E-clips. Sometime those clips like to have wings!
I am not sure what they will send out to replace.
It would be easier fix if they send out replacement Assembly instead of just the Finger.
The Assembly Part #511-3005-00
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fingers crossed its an isolated event. Spot welds are occasionally bad. Sorry it happened to you.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This is the 3rd instance I’ve heard about. My LE is due to be delivered sometime between today and Tuesday. I’m going to go ahead and see if there’s any preventative fixes that can be done before flipping one game.

3rd here on pinside? I agree, it would be nice to have a preventative fix.

#658 3 years ago

Yes , the spot weld failed causing pin to drop. I was thinking same thing about getting it spot welded locally. I dont know anybody who does that here.
I am going to check today to disable portal lock/raising disc. So we can play until part gets here

Did Stern indicate if they would be sending a complete mech or just the pin?

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with an LE put yellow t-moulding in yet?

I've got the T moulding in hand, along with Titan rubber, but no dang machine. T moulding will go on first thing.

#676 3 years ago

They are sending complete mech which is GOOD!

Then, you can repair the old one and have a spare on hand

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Already one listed in Ontario for $22,500 cdn (about 17k usd)
Seller deserves Covid.

Good luck selling that one. Theres one here on pinside currently listed at 12k and it's been available for days without selling.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

My LE has arrived. Wow what fun. Really enjoy how accessible the shots are and there is somewhat of a sense of acheivability for someone like me (NOT a pinball pro).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! That's great news for me (also not a pro player to say the least). And theres that close up high res sparkle pic I was after! Looks like a base standard yellow with gold glitter on top almost. I like it !

#716 3 years ago

Since Im waiting for my walking lock assembly to arrive, I can still play the game with a simple setting adjustment.
I thought I would share so anybody else with similar problems will know.
You have to disable the disc up/down and bypass the walk lock assembly.
In Game Feature ADJ #181 set to "NO ENTRY" and this will disable
The game will now do the virtual lock.
Im basically playing a powder coated pro model with a tricky ramp now!

Great information to have, thanks for sharing!

#724 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Initial review My LE is Drain Heavy. Im going to have to tone down the pitch and the slingshot power. But shots are butter. And game is fun.

On my JP, toning down slingshot power wasnt enough. I actually had to adjust the leaf switches a little bit. The slings were way way to sensitive. Maybe the same case on AIQ?

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Sounds like a mod may be in order by some of our mod makers......

I'll be stunned is the modders dont come up with a better sanctum tower. And quickly.

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Scribbles does reducing the number lower the sling power or increase it? I know some of Sterns menus mainly audio the + number actually reduces it and the - figures increase it.
Is sling power the same way or up is up and down is down?

Lower number lowered the power, albeit only slightly. The leaf adjustment is what really helped. Bought the $5 tool from pinball life. Took 5 minutes of tweaking from top of playfield. No disassembly required.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Update. The diagnostics does not update the switch status with the door open. So I was misreading what was going on. It does appear that it was just that the wire ball guide was blocking the opto. Back in the game! Hooray!

Man, what a roller coaster ride of emotional stress!! Lol

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Scribbles-you getting yours in a few days?

Still no tracking number. And I must say, I'm not very impressed with my distributor on this one. I wont mention names, but when I call to inquire I feel like I'm being dismissed, like they're too busy to talk to me for a minute. And for the record I've only called 1x a week, so I dont think that's unreasonable.

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I'm thinking of picking up my first NIB machine and this might just be it. I think I can save up just enough for a Pro in the new year. I'm kind of bummed that I can’t afford a premium, as that Captain Marvel ramp looks awesome.
At a glance, the pro seems a bit sparse with no obvious mechs or toys to speak of. It looks like a lot of fun though, but will it keep me going back for more? Can someone please share their thoughts on the pro before I pull the trigger? Thanks

I havnt played a pro model, but several people have and left great reviews of it in this thread. Most said it played fast and smooth. One person even said they played a pro and an le and actually preferred the pro die to the le subway and ball lock breaking up the flow. I think you cant go wrong with any version on this title.

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Anyone else’s lock bar look like this?rust?
[quoted image]

That's weak sauce right there... I have my games powder coated locally, and they coat the entire thing. The latches don't bother the powder 1 bit.

#914 3 years ago

You're about the 3rd or 4th one with the same issue to report here. Stern seems to be shipping out entire new mechanisms. Give em a yell.

#958 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Still waiting on my "LE" machine. Distributor says it will ship tomorrow... He's sending it Fedex freight. Couldn;t really talk him out of it. Fingers Crossed? never used them before.

Should be fine.

#1108 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Every NIB game will need some amount of fine tuning, some more then others. I can’t imagine getting into this hobby and not being handy.

And every used game for that matter. Its always something if you have more than a few machines. But thats a part of the hobby I enjoy.

#1177 3 years ago

I'll chime in and say I like titan rubbers with superband posts. I agree that the stock black stern rubbers leave a mess on the balls and playfield.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I agree, no difference in play for me. I switched to perfect play because my Titan stern posts sleeves lasted about a month before getting tore up in my Jurassic Park. I assume this is just the way silicone are. Switched back to awful black, don't know what else to try. I play my games everyday.

For posts, use Superbands. They're tough and look great. Softer than the stock Stern black, but much tougher than silicone.

#1214 3 years ago

Looks like a natural burl or knot in the wood. Wouldn't concern me 1 bit unless its rough to the touch.

#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I caught a video of my issue with the trough (ball moving past the metal arm that is supposed to catch it).

Is the ball actually rolling around (to the side of the metal fingers)?

#1254 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So what’s the best size t-moulding to use on AIQ, saw a post but can’t find it now where someone mentioned the 3/4” leaves a little overhang as sides seem smaller than previous releases?
Anyone who’s changed out the black to yellow, what size did you use? Thanks

Stern uses 3/4". Sometimes the center channel in the wood isnt perfectly centered, leaving a very slight ridge or overhang, but it's not noticeable once installed and in the lineup.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You can play the game with just one head bolt installed.

Now that hes contacted his distributor, I'd find a way to secure that head up, and play it like hell. Bungie cords, wire ties, make shift brackets, something.

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Finally received LE #131 !
However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

Keep calling, you'll reach them. I'm sure they'll make it right. I've always found Stern to be pretty helpful. I'm sure some will disagree.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I got them from Titan. Lol, so I guess that's pretty fitting since this game features Thanos the Titan
Full disclosure though, I changed back to the stock black because the Titans seemed too bouncy for my liking. I'd never used them before, but to me in playing a couple games I thought they seemed a lot bouncier than standard rubber. Maybe they calm down after some breaking in, I don't know. It's a bummer because I really liked the color.
Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I'm not seeing standard flipper rubber offered anywhere in anything other than red or black.

Titan offers a "thin, low bounce" flipper rubber now I've never tried them out, but they offer them.

#1531 3 years ago

Pinstadiums get their power from the service outlet. No issues there. The GI tap from the game to the Pinstadiums simply triggers a relay to tell the pinstadiums to turn on/off with the machine. Shouldn't have any issues at all. Maybe one of the GI taps got shorted?

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I played the AIQ pro at game galaxy In Smyrna TN. This particular game played terrible, but I could tell it’s going to shoot great and I’m excited to get mine.
This game had lightning flippers and the right one wouldn’t travel all the way and was super weak. Super tight tilt and no ball save made it pretty infuriating to play, but at least it was on free play.

Deleted. Self censored

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I see that stern has a code update for the IQ premium. my game is arriving today. Should i do this update right out of the box before i ever turn the machine on or try it first then update? Thanks

I'd turn it on and play a few games just to make sure everything is good to go. Then perform the update. Otherwise, if you do the update first, and something is wrong, you dont know whether it was caused by the update or not.

#1600 3 years ago

I have the same problem. Its Frustrating because the shots seem spot on and the ball seems like it does not have a smooth transition from the ramp to the wire form and then hits the plastic ramp guide and comes back down!

Is the metal ramp flap smooth? No swells or sags?

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So in the twitch video ( link at post #1594 ) near the end Gary S . and Jack Danger are playing a few games on a AIQ pro and they say - shooter feels weak . I think Gary said he had to change to a differnt spring on his . Ha ! Will they change springs when they build the Prem.s ? Now I know I have more games at my house than Gary Stern has at his ! Ha !

I doubt they'll change the spring. On JP, the manual actually lists an orange spring as stock, but stern kept shipping with green springs which were too weak. Personally, I like to keep a good variety of springs on hand and swap them out as needed to suit any given game.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ut oh....you've broken the multiple floor rule!! All hope is gone... goodbye dining room table..

A friend of mine filled multiple rooms in his house and eventually the wife put her foot down. Solution, He bought a nice 45 foot long out building and put it in the back yard. Installed breakers, multiple outlets, insulation, paint, lighting, a/c unit, and a refrigerator. 15 pins, and about 8 arcades are now in the 'ark" as it's called. Its actually pretty cool!!

#1663 3 years ago

Sounds like the Premiums are finally rolling out en masse!! Exciting times!!

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Slow train for my premium--- I live in Algonquin IL which is only 20 miles away from Stern. My Premium was sent to Palatine Depot to be delivered last Friday... somehow ended up at the Chicago Depot on Saturday... now it's on a loooong train to Arizona with no delivery date in sight. UPS-- the logistics experts "Brown Delivers"... not this time.

That's nuts man. Sorry for you. I'd be pissed. I know someone will say "first world problems" lol, but damn, it still stinks.

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think that actually looks pretty damn good. Nice work!

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just got notified that toppers are in
$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

If that's legit, that's insane. That's almost 1/5 the price of an entire new Pro model shipped!!

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Got another message back from my distributor.
Bad info. This was for Elvira topper. My distributor had me confused with another buyer. I corrected the original post
Sorry team

Still, there is a $1000 Stern topper available. Albeit for another game. Wow.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What's everyone's opinion..... mirror blades or graphics.... the graphics side blades I've seen so far aren't really grabbing me..... I'd like to see a cityscape transition to space theme with the characters on it or something like that

Just something to consider, mirrors are nice, but they are much thicker than art blades. If you dont have alot of clearance when raising the playfield, that may make the decision for you. If you do have plenty of clearance, then it's just personal choice. Personally, I like art blades.

#2038 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys I've had my premium a couple of days now and I wanted to get some advice on some issues I've been having.
1st. The balls are flying off every Wireform. It's falling out of the captain marvel ramp and it's rattling out of the upper form by the avenger tower. At this point 1 out of 5 shots is flying off. I've tried lowering the flipper and plunger strength and i have also tried bending the main form with pliers. No difference so far.
2nd. Air balls Galore. Balls are bouncing and smashing into stuff everywhere. Constantly having to remove the glass and fish balls from places.
3rd. Balls are bouncing out of the inlanes and into the outlanes. At the point now if they arent returned using ramps they are in the outlanes.

Even though I know you said you adjusted them, all that still sounds symptomatic of overpowered flippers.

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This doohickey broke off, so I went to settings and bypassed the portal/subway lock. I think the game might actually be more fun this way. The gauntlet ramp becomes the portal shot with a lot less waiting time. Plus, no need to worry about the inevitable something going wrong with the rising disc. Now I need cool inserts for the subway windows.
[quoted image]

Notify stern, they're sending complete replacement subway mechs out. Supposedly with updated build specs.

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Do you have any more details on this ? Is this to prevent or detect the two balls stuck where one ball should be problem and/or the hung ball near the vuk problem ?

I do not have any other info on it. I just know that a number of folks here are waiting on replacement mechs. Motorcitypinball has recieved his, and stated that it had upgraded welds. Post #1950, page 39.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ok thanks
where did you buy yours?

Tmoulding.com sells it. 20' minimum, but it's cheap.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Saw some on Pinballlife.com, Terry and crew are awesome. You can buy it by the foot.
https://www.pinballlife.com/yellow-t-molding-34.html

That's the stuff. I agree, pinball life is a great company to deal with. I use them regularly. However, if you're looking for some unusual options for trim, Tmoulding.com is worth a look for sure.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Working on a prototype for my pro Gauntlet plastic replacement. Waiting on some Molex connectors to come in and it will be plug and play.
[quoted image]

Nice! What you have going on there? As in, what all have you done so far? Looks great!

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Have color matched LED’s behind all the Gems, 3D printing a few different styles of brackets to hold it to see what will work best. Waiting on my molex and z connectors to come in so i can do final wiring. Already did testing to make sure it will function properly with the lights
[quoted image]

Great work man! Looks amazing!

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mystic Bezel for the Dr. Strange plastic is done and in the pinmonk store. I had to make a piece to correct the sag of the plastic sign that's now part of the kit, but it looks great and the sign status is now visible as you play. The Dr. Strange plastic illuminating is a bonus of the enclosure that focuses the flasher light down onto the wheel.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#2501 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I prefer hardcopy to electronic reading so i printed off the insanely thick rulebook and brought it to Staples to have it bound for a couple bucks. Now my brain has to decript it through.
[quoted image]

Nice! Where did you find the rules in electronic form?

#2506 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Great idea I think I might go that route as well. Looks nice like that and with Thanos on the cover.

Don't forget, digging around online for rules or manuals, just plain sucks

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got like a water mark in their HD glass? I just moved my game (finally back home again as I’m on leave) under a spot light and I just noticed like a water mark is the best description.
It’s not on either side of the glass tried to wipe it off with a glass cloth but can’t touch it from either side, trying to catch a good photo of it.

I've never heard of that. If it's bad, perhaps a warranty is possible??

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New Game Code!
V0.93.0 - November 5th, 2020
============================
- Subway Mech - balls will immediately begin 'walking' through the subway when Quests are being selected
- Subway Mech - improvements to detecting when two balls are locked in the same window
- Subway VUK - will wait to release a ball if there is a Portal Lock light show underway
- Portal Lock - Portal Lock display effect will now come before Quest Selection Screen if they are stacked at the Portal shot
- Battle Royale - fixed an issue where the mode would not end on the 6th Avenger and could cause very high scores if the mode is completed
- Battle Royale - added sound effect missing from some attacks
- All Wizard Modes - fixed issue with some intros being skipped
- Soul Gem Mode - fixed issue with total screen sometimes being skipped
- Shield Bonus - score balance - base from 750K to 3M, pop value from 15K to 35K
- Shield Bonus - increase display effect now shows if it is doubled
- Space Gem - fixed Space Gem behavior to allow you to add more uses when leveling someone up, now matches what display tells you
- Space Gem - fixed the level 2 trap, if the moved gem lands on someone that is level 2, you'll at least have 1 use
- Tower Ball Saver - only used up if you are in single ball play
- Tower Ball Saver - fixed an issue where single ball Quests would be ended early when Tower Ball Saver was in use
- Super Ball Saver - fixed an issue where single ball Quests would be ended early when Super Ball Saver was in use
- Super Ball Saver - now maintains the current number of balls in play for multiball quests
- Super Ball Saver - added ball save display effect
- Bonus X - display now shows value of current Bonus X
- Combos - score balance - base from 75K to 150K, trophy bump from 15K to 5K, combo jackpot base from 1M to 3M
- Combos - adding a combo sound
- Instant Info - added Captain Marvel shot status
- Instant Info - added Shield Bonus status
- Instant Info - standardized background darkening for all Instant Info pages
- Secret Skill Shot - hooking up 'SECRET SKILLSHOTS' adjustment so it actually turns off all Secret Skill Shots
- Quest Victory Laps - fixed an issue where the ball saver for victory laps starts would not save balls
- High Scores - added Soul Gem Jackpot champion
- Display Effects - improved display effect priority issues
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows
- Speech - adding many more speech calls
- Topper - adding a few more topper light shows
- Adjustment Changes:
- added standard champion adjustments for Soul Gem Jackpot
- System - Updated to V2.61.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.65.0
- When starting a game ramp the backbox GI from "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".
When ending a game ramp the backbox GI from "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS" to
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS".

Lotta good stuff there!!

#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Thanks for all the replies! I’ve been wondering whether perhaps it was due to either the rubber being low bounce (though they are only something like 1mm thinner than the regulars) or perhaps the chance of a bad batch. I’ll reach out to Titan to see what they think, and will see about some standard thickness rubbers there to see if that extra mm (or whatever it is) makes an appreciable difference.

Titans customer service is great, I'm sure they'll be happy to replace it. If it turns out that the flipper just takes a beating and other rubbers dont survive, maybe consider a Superband rubber on that one flipper. I definitely prefer the play and feel of Titans, but Superbands are made with a different material (polyurethane?) and are tough as nails.

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

It looks like the handle is not listed on the AIQ Back Panel assembly drawing. It is, however, listed on the Jurassic Park Prem Back Panel assembly drawing. The part number for JP is listed as 535-1926-00.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe there was some discussion of this on another thread, and it was concluded the the item in question is NOT a handle. It's a guard that was placed on JP to protect the motor mechanism on the moving Trex. The bar pushes harnesses back, or keeps the motor mech from being banged into the back of the cab??? I dont know, I just remember reading this. FWIW.

#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I don't know about IM, but JP has the post there protecting the flipper tip. I had Titans on my JP top flipper and had no issue at all

I was just going to say, Stern should have put a post there like on JP

#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I take the black rubbers off my new pins before I play a single ball. Reason: the black rubber is the source for all the black ball trails that appear on a playfield over time. None of my pins have any signs of those ball trails after applying Titan rings.

This, 100%. The factory black rubber from stern sheds black dust, and leaves smudges on the balls. Furthermore, take a stock modern era Stern post sleeve off, and squeeze it. They're hard as a damn rock. When a ball hits it, that kinetic energy has nowhere to go but into the post/playfield. Aftermarket post sleeves like Titan absorb some of that energy since they are pliable.

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Thanks for the explanation eaglepin. And just to confirm, there is no recourse with Stern on this, correct? (Apologies if I'm dredging up old topics from previous machines.)
Heading off to Home Depot to buy out their entire inventory of 1/2" washers...<sigh>

There is limited recourse with Stern if you are the original owner. Document your issues. Pictures, dates, etc... Keep your distributor aware of your issues, have them make Stern aware. Best case scenario, if the playfield is bad enough, you may get a replacement playfield. Which you will have to swap out, or keep as a replacement to offer when you decide to sell the machine. My understanding is it has to be pretty bad to get the replacement though.

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m having problems. Getting this.[quoted image][quoted image]

Gotta ask because I've done it myself, have you downloaded the proper version? Pro, premium or LE?

2 months later
#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

With that said, how many of you are running Playfield Protectors?

NO, JUST NO....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
4,999 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coolcatpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=coolcatpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.