IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

One still here in NZ.... Our/your price = 12K US.. still keen?

How much in NZ shekels?

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im trying to figure out why Greg thinks avengers is so similar to deadpool. He mentioned it on sdtm. Like he wouldnt want to own both. Because of art/theme? Or the shots? I dont see it on shots. Deadpools shots are pretty unique.

It’ll be the battle villain code / video game vibe. I’ve been thinking the same since launch. I’m sure deeper down the code is completely different, but on the surface it’s a similar concept.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Fun game, but is anyone else having issues with stuck balls in the subway?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How steep have you got yours? Too shallow and gravity may not be doing it’s job.

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I had a CRAZY score today! I played well.
I made it to Battle Royal.
I defeated Battle Royale.
The Large amount of points came somewhere from with in Battle Royale MODE.
I was playing a 3 player game and this happened on the 3rd ball of player 3
I didn't have the cameras setup tonight , because the basement is still getting painted and the equipment is not setup.
Has Anybody else had this happen?
I would Assume Glitch in code
[quoted image]

Nice game. You are officially GOAT.

1 month later
#3351 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AIQ Toppers incoming.

So over Stern toppers. If anything has jumped the shark in this hobby, it’s Stern toppers.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Sorry to ruin your day.

You should be.

Just jk, I’m happy if others are looking forward to it.

3 weeks later
#3907 3 years ago

How many games have 2 wireform returns to one flipper. Can’t think of any without trawling through ipdb?

Incredible layout.

0F23EBE1-895F-4C47-87AA-7E5E2B80F1A0 (resized).jpeg0F23EBE1-895F-4C47-87AA-7E5E2B80F1A0 (resized).jpeg
#3916 3 years ago

Topper is the same as Jp topper - the gems accumulate across games and lead to a multiball (it was goat multiball in JP) so it’s kind of a random reward - good for location play.

#3945 3 years ago

Design wise AIQ is a masterpiece. AIQ just tops JP followed by DP a long way behind.

It’s just a dream to shoot regardless of code.

Code isn’t complete on AIQ so hard to judge at the moment. DP may have the edge on code as it stands now.

But the layout is so special that AIQ easily wins even before code is complete.

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I replaced a DP pro with a AIQ premium. DP is sorta boring to me. Code was sorta repetitive and only had one fun shot and is very clunky otherwise. TMNT made DP feel like a slow grind. AIQ shoots so much nicer and even at .95 has more going on then DP. Everytime i played DP it turned into marathon games where i couldnt wait till it ended. AIQ i just keep hitting the start button over and over. TMNT so far is better then both though but this is all just my opinion as a player that prefers fast fast ball speed and hard to hit tight shots and i love when a game pisses me off until I earn a good game.

Yeh, I honestly don’t understand the fascination with DP.

Can’t speak for TMNT having only played it once, but the theme is a turnoff for me. My first impression was that it was a great Borg design though.

#3967 3 years ago

What’s everyone’s solution for this mega obvious ball trap???? Can’t believe they haven’t picked up on this at the factory. Happening almost every multiball with me.

645CEF14-D69C-47F2-A3FD-6C139C8BB4CE (resized).jpeg645CEF14-D69C-47F2-A3FD-6C139C8BB4CE (resized).jpeg
#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve still not had any ball traps on my LE must have got super lucky as this one especially seems a major problem for a lot of people.

Might try and lower the whole glove.

#3998 3 years ago

Is everyone’s Sanctum target plastic bent on a weird angle like this? Seems like it should be straight but can’t see how.
EF558B0D-CD9E-4D5E-8D18-559D63EB6421 (resized).jpegEF558B0D-CD9E-4D5E-8D18-559D63EB6421 (resized).jpeg
C659B6B6-C547-4AEA-9096-6C9FBD5D49AA (resized).jpegC659B6B6-C547-4AEA-9096-6C9FBD5D49AA (resized).jpeg

#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mezel sanctum is a huge improvement.

That looks pretty cool. Does it have its own install bracket?

The tower mod looks pretty good also.

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It installs over the same two screws that hold the stock one in.

Not sure if that’s going to fix my problem though.

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What’s broke on yours?

The plastic over the pop that supports the vertical plastic/sanctum building is severely bent downwards - almost like it was delve bent.

No idea why this plastic doesn’t have another brace point onto the one way gate immediately to the left.

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Changing the sanctum is such an improvement.

My worry with the Mezel Sanctum is that it still sits on top of that floppy pop plastic. It's just going to wobble around there. We need someone to design a replacement pop plastic, or just a piece that sits between the one way gate on the left and the post on the rigt - then the plastic can sit on top of that.

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve had the Mezel sanctum on my pin for a while now and after 500 plays I haven’t had any issues.

The pop bumper plastic is so thin and soft that the existing vertical plastic with the lights on it just bounces around. And mine actually droops down to the left. I’m assuming with the Mezel building it’ll do the same, maybe even worse.

Someone needs to make a clear plastic piece that is the same shape as the pop plastic, but also anchors on the left gate and right post. I mocked up a small piece using an old Indy500 plastic (which incidentally is about 4* as thick as the Stern piece) and it works perfectly and it only anchors on the left gate and lhs screw on the pop.

04279886-90CA-48DD-B32B-3DDF4FF48D69 (resized).jpeg04279886-90CA-48DD-B32B-3DDF4FF48D69 (resized).jpeg3F34FDCD-629E-4476-8CED-626A8768C6DF (resized).jpeg3F34FDCD-629E-4476-8CED-626A8768C6DF (resized).jpeg
#4061 3 years ago

This is what it looked like before....

82D25B3A-37D0-4294-9043-388CCBCFA0FE (resized).jpeg82D25B3A-37D0-4294-9043-388CCBCFA0FE (resized).jpeg
#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not right at all. Seems like the plastic is hung up on the post to the right of the sanctum target...

No, completely clear of everything underneath.

Admittedly the plastic was even more bent when I got it - took it off completely and straightened as much as I could using a hair dryer, but that photo is even after the straightening. The plastic is so thin it’s ridiculous. Every time The ball is in the pops It bounces around.

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It IS thin, and the sign design is not great (which is why I had to make a brace that fits around the mini post to hold it steady), but it looks like there's something else wrong with yours. Mine did not look like that, at all. The sign just drooped forward from the lack of support.

It definitely had been warped and I’ll probably hit up my distro for a replacement, but won’t fix the inherent problem that the plastic is too thin, the whole construction on top is too heavy and it’s not supported by anything underneath.

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone working on a mod to stop the amount of bleeding from the stones on the gauntlet? It’s pretty bad.

Is there any talk of a completely re-sculpted gauntlet?

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Remember Keith saying he has designed the gauntlet in a way that modders have an easy time?

It’s these sort of comments from Stern staff that make me think the whole EULA is just paying lip service to the paranoid licensors.

#4151 3 years ago

This game is crazy good.

And hard.

#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

Why do you need this? Didn’t one come installed on that ramp?

Edit: Is it just to give it some more rigidity?

#4211 3 years ago

Smart dog with good taste.

1 week later
#4345 3 years ago

The code definitely needs an injection of personality. I have it sitting in between Rick and Morty and Elvira House of Horrors and the difference is night and day. Layout wise nothing comes close to AIQ, but i really hope they’re working on making the game come to life like it deserves.

#4411 3 years ago

I have no rejects on the Marvel shot, but sometimes it doesn’t register the shot. Anyone else?

#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Have a look at the micro switch on the wire form return. I had to bend it out a little because the ball was sometimes able to sneak past it without triggering the switch.

I thought it was an opto set at the entrance to that ramp?

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Well this kinda sucks - I've not had my premium for long, only maybe 30 plays or so and the CM ramp opto has stopped working. It doesn't register at all, and there's no led light on the sensor, which i guess means either no power getting to it, or the opto itself is screwed?
I've checked under the playfield, nothings worked itself loose or come undone - it was definitely working before so it's not any sort of initial build mistake. I have notified my distro who are in the process of sending me a replacement, but just wondered if anyone here knows of anything else I could check for an easy fix?
I've absolutely loved the game up to now - just can't wait to get it back up and running 100% again! Also just to say I've had 3 NIB Sterns in the last 12 months and this is the first time I've had any "serious" problem I couldn't fix immediately, so I'm still very happy with the NIB quality in general.

Ive had luck on other Stern games re-soldering the wires that connect directly to the optos if you could be bothered.

It's a brilliant game - congrats.

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, it looks slightly off of 90° deg, but the attachment points of this metal piece are ok- so i think its on purpose.
[quoted image]

In your video, if you look closely as it goes over the flap, it is getting airbourne before hitting the stainless ramp. Not sure how you can adjust for that? Im gueesing the stainless ramp has a couple of bolts that go through the PF and are fixed underneath. Maybe you can put a couple of washers in between the ramp and the topside of the PF - that will change the angle of the flap so it doesnt bounce? Just an idea.

#4569 3 years ago

This game is pure genius.

#4570 3 years ago

Would be nice to have a few more of those mini “side modes” like Hawkeye challenge and the Hulk spinner rip thing. That Hulk spinner rip gets me every time - one of the most satisfying mini modes in pinball.

Something like hit the captive ball then spinner or hit the captive ball as many times as possible in 15s or hit the drops etc etc.

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I love shooting the playfield I think the code is fantastic but I just don’t know I feel like it’s missing “something”. I think maybe something to do with sound I don’t know what but yeah to quote the castle “it’s the vibe”. I still want one because of how it shoots and the code

Definitely missing personality and there are almost no Avengers assets in the game. But the rule structure is great (tho needs some more). For me the genius is the layout - completely new yet perfect. And hard.

I have Elvira sitting next to it, and whilst the code is brilliant, I find it boring to shoot. I’ll play one game of Elvira (that goes on forever), and not want to play it again for a week, but I’ll play AIQ 20 times a day and still have to force myself to stop playing.

#4709 3 years ago

Looks like a pretty solid update - cant wait to get it installed.

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Am i the only to dislike this code and its new punishing modes?
Only have one game, but loosing gems to Thanos attack or black order mb did not seem like fun additions, at all.
I was hoping Thanos attack to be a kind of gappa angry, but no, it's just an unavoidable way to make points, slow your progression and loose a gem (and a ball) apparently.
I will try to beat it, but 1st impression is not great

Havent played the new code yet, but getting gems is hard enough on my game....to have one stolen would severely suck.

If anything I need a chance to be given a "free" gem, not to have one stolen.

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

In Thanos attack it should (if it does not already) reward you for defeating Thanos by giving you one of the gems he has if you had already lost some to him earlier

Great idea sk8ball ??

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

anyone know where to order spare stern backbox keys? One of my new pins didnt come with any

Literally had the same thing happen 20 minutes ago. Just used keys from another Stern - not sure if they’re all keyed the same but the 3 Spike ones I have here are. Since they all come with doubles, I’m not going to bother ordering another set.

The Sam games I have are keyed differently to the Spike ones.

#4775 3 years ago

Got my Mezel Mods installed today - tower and Sanctum. Very nice must have improvements. It’s impressive how far 3D printing has come - wasn’t a fan in the past because you could clearly see the ridges and it was obvious it was 3D printed. With these mods it’s very hard to tell.

The one thing I was hesitant about with the Sanctum replacement was losing the downward spot light onto the spinner. And I was correct - it made it very dull and dark in that area, which is disappointing since it’s such an important part of the game:

AF442016-A153-4DD5-ABA2-16E2D4D313EC (resized).jpegAF442016-A153-4DD5-ABA2-16E2D4D313EC (resized).jpeg

So I installed a stand up Spot light on the post to the left of the ramp - was a perfect fit - screwed straight on to the post. Will run the cable back under the ramp and behind the backbox and splice into the same wires as the original spot. Easy and worthwhile mod IMO. After:
6A9ED2B5-73AA-48E4-9A2A-456A89CE65C8 (resized).jpeg6A9ED2B5-73AA-48E4-9A2A-456A89CE65C8 (resized).jpeg

2BD07835-2711-4B90-AF6F-82EF81A87E43 (resized).jpeg2BD07835-2711-4B90-AF6F-82EF81A87E43 (resized).jpeg
#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

cooked71 - where did you get the Spotlight from? I’ve been looking for a solution to that problem after installing my sanctum too.

I had a few of these lying around:
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/universal-double-pinball-spotlight-kit
So I just removed one of the cones. Had to extend the wire to reach under the ramp and back through the backboard.

Comet sells single bayonet ones also which look like a good value kit :

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit

The Pinball Bulbs one has a nice thin translucent wire and the actual reflector cone is one piece and metallic black on the outside. The Comet one is just a clip on cone which don’t look as good imo.

#4801 3 years ago

Do you ever get the chance to replay for Gems?

#4811 3 years ago

Ok, the Soul Gem putting the first shot on the right loop is starting to piss me off. If you don’t nail that first shot on first attempt it’s very difficult to retain control quickly enough without losing too many shots. What’s everyone’s strategy getting the ball to the left flipper from the lockout?

How do Pro’s start Soul Gem if it’s not through the subway?

#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Using one flip up the fairly easy Black Widow ramp to get it to the left flipper shouldn’t be a deal breaker for winning Soul Gem.

Yeh, I’ve been trying to do that out of the scoop, but it’s tough to get enough power since it’s such an early shot and a steep ramp. I’ll keep trying.

Other shots aren’t a problem - once I get that first right loop shot, I complete Soul most attempts.

I’m also playing Blue gem first every game to give me a “free” shot on that loop.

#4829 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Thanks cooked71 - what did you connect the alligator clips to? Can it get connected to the Sanctum wiring so it runs on the same circuit and flashes when the top light of the sanctum normally would? Or is just always on? I’d love it if it would run the same light show that the sanctum would as you hit the spinner. Thanks.

In the end I couldnt use the aligator clips so I had to splice into wires that power the top Sanctum light. A little bit fiddly - would be easiest to use some of those instant splice connector things. I just cut and soldered the wires. The light does exactly what the original Sanctum one did.

Ill take a few photos when I get a chance.

This would be the best way to go (i dont know if these particular ones are the best, but thats the general idea):

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Terminals-Self-stripping-Insulated-Disconnects/dp/B07CP987BN/ref=sr_1_17_sspa
71xqXrrUv4L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71xqXrrUv4L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#4866 3 years ago

Just had Gamma spinner thing start, immediately before Hawkeye, and Gamma timed out because of Hawkeye. That sucked. Gamma should be put on hold for Hawkeye.

HULK MAD.

#4885 3 years ago

What are default outlane settings?

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gamma ray doesn't start til you roll over the lit right inlane. You did that and then missed the left orbit spinner and hit the tower instead. 100% your fault. Hit the spinner off the feed next time.

Woah, settle petal .

In that case gamma should stop if any other switch is hit other than the spinner.

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Nope, this one is do it or lose it.

But it's not do it or lose it - I can miss the first shot to the spinner from the RHS lane switch for Gamma in any other circumstance, including multiballs and Gems, and still have a good chance at Gamma. Just not if I happen to start Hawkeye.

Anyway, maybe it's just becuase im not a fan of Hawkeye in general - that feed from the tower is all over the place on my game - its a complete crapshot. And not a fan of how it interrupts the game in general.

#4933 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I got mine today but what are the lights for? Does the thing actually light up?
Also this game is getting to me. I suck at this game. I get a decent game maybe 1 out of 10 times. Im having thoughts about making a trade! Of course when things get bad I have a good game and it feels good again....

It's a tough game - or at least I find it to be (and you also apparantely), but I find everything else boring after playing this. Ive got the crowd favorite EHOH next to it, and i dont play it because i find it too easy and long playing compared to this. If anything ill be trading EHOH, not AIQ.

#4943 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm closing the CM ramp mode at 20 for the first run because I need to run more PYM buildings and am getting crushed with request. There are 3 spots left for the CM mod, the next run of this probably will be in 3 weeks.
TD

Hey, sent you a pm but haven’t had a reply. Just checking you got it and I’m on the list?

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. They're very quiet (together they're just 3dB louder than the quiet fan kit for the Stern power supplies) and rated to last something like 7 years constantly running if you left the machine on 24/7. I had considered putting a thermal switch on them to turn on and off based on temperature, but that would have raised the cost more and in a home environment I guessed they'd be running a few hours a day on average so probably not worth it for most people.

Or you could just have them switch on when a game starts, though I’m guessing that’s easier said than done.

#5062 3 years ago

The portal spinner can be dangerous, and Captain Marvel ramp rejects. And once you get an out of control ball, then the outlanes are assholes. But I never feel the game is unfair or cheap.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The only thing I find on Mezel Mods is for the ball getting stuck in the pop bumper, nothing under the glove.

I bent the glove bracket down so it sits much closer to the plastic now - stopped most of the stick balls, but still happens occasionally. Don’t understand why there is no Stern fix for this.

#5115 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have a solution for the Capt. Marvel ramp? I'm getting like 70% rejections on this, and it's making it a pain in the ass to play.
Also, not sure what's up with this game, but I honestly don't recall ever seen a more drain prone game, and two of my favorites are TWD and TNA, so I'm not impartial to brutal games.
With AIQ I fee like 90% of balls heading to the outlanes are gone. I actually have been turning the game off mid-game and just moving onto something else lately.
I have the game set at 6.5.
Any input would be great!

THe outlanes are hungry, no question. Try increasing the pitch to 6.8-7.0 - that will reduce the side to side action and therefore the side drains. Might also help with Marvel ramp.

#5188 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The game is void of emotion and is the best shooting pin ever made. That’s why there is a great divide.

Best shooting with a very clever

A lot of people haven't taken the time to understand what a masterpiece this game is. The code/ruleset is the best I've ever played, hands down. Casuals will not like this game, younger kids don't seem to care for it either. This is a players pin. If you're looking for a challenging game that will keep you interested for years to come, then this is it. The ruleset is deep, which to me is a plus since this is for home use. I don't need a munsters at my house where you can get to the final wizard mode every other game. I like challenging games that force to me to play better. This is Keiths best layout, hands down. It takes a little tweaking to dial in the shots like almost all games do. I feel like its the sweet spot between IMDN and JP in terms of toughness, its just perfect.
People have complained about the callouts/annimations. Its true, this game leaves much to be desired when it comes to these components. If callouts and animations are your top qualifiers when buying a game, then this pin not for you. If ruleset/code and game layout are most important for you then you'll love this game. Just my opinion since having one of the first premiums since October 2020.

This.

I have EHOH right next to AIQ, and I find EHOH boring. I play 10 games AIQ to 1 game EHOH. But EHOH is ranked in the top 10 and AIQ isn’t.

I think most people value emotive theme integration over layout and good rule sets.

Edit: just noticed EHOH is 8 and AIQ is 10. Tbh, anything top 10 is an impressive score. Personally I’d have AIQ a bit higher, but all top 10 games are candidates for no.1 depending on your preferences.

#5222 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Also, I find when my disc post is at the 6 and 12 o-clock position, a straight on shot will usually just deflect off without spinning it. I have to hit it a few times until it rotates slightly, and then spins freely.
Does this sound right, or is there something wrong with my disc?

Same here - completely normal. In those positions you have to try to “graze” it, not hit it head on. Or, particularly in the 6 o-clock position, you can hit it from the upper flipper so it’s less dangerous and actually gives you a huge spin.

The portal can be a dangerous shot or a really safe one depending on the position- makes it a great toy. I love the way it can also block other shots - ads a whole level to the game. Then on the PreLe it raises and becomes a completely different shot again.

#5223 3 years ago

It’s actually a testament to how freakin good this game is - it’s universally agreed to have really crap theme integration on all levels (“animations”, call outs, music) yet even with that it’s still in the Top 10.

#5227 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

The “animations” are totallly fine. Just needs more

Not a big fan - they are sesiously lazy and little more than placeholders, but yes, at a minimum, more are needed.

Have to admit that you dont get a lot of time to watch them in theis game. Sounds and music though are really important.

#5263 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some of the machines have a handle attached there.

Yeh, those are for the handle - not sure why they omitted it in AIQ given the ramps go through the backboard. It was stated earlier that the handle is not for ease of lifting. Apparently it is only to protect ramps/components that sit behind the backboard. So why was it not installed on AIQ?

I call bs on the “protection” theory. I think it was an Elwin addition to help operators and owners with servicing. I also think it was removed by Stern’s Scrooge bean counters because it cost $1 extra.

#5265 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$1? More like 30 cents in quantity from their Chinese factories.

Allowed a bit of labor for the install, but yeh, maybe a bit generous.

#5356 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Looks good with them rails.
And Pin Stadiums are a must with AIQ. Dark game without.

It really isnt.

1 week later
#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ

Funny, I find the exact opposite. But i generally like punishing games.

#5703 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.
[quoted image]

Try increasing the pitch to 6.8-7.0.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

wow, it's good. Like really good

It really is.

Great to see lots of Premiums getting out into the world so more people can experience this masterpiece.

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Help me out pinside - my next pin! I’m thinking Deadpool premium... looked hard and long at both GnR and LZ, but just can’t get excited enough for either...

Metallica, ACDC Pre, IMDN? (Would say JP but a little bit similar to AIQ). Would take all of those over DP. Personally I’d go Met - great combo with AIQ.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Got a surprise evening call from FedEx freight. We could pick up our A:IQ Pro before 9pm at the depot 20 minutes away, or wait until Tuesday due to our schedule. So Friday night pinball and burritos for the win!![quoted image]

Brilliant photo - what’s not to like about that scene! Love it.

#6045 3 years ago

This game really is on another level.

#6070 3 years ago

If I was a coder/designer I would get the rules/mode/gameplay completely fleshed out before adding too much polish. You don’t want to put all this work into lights/sound/video etc only to completely change a mode or rule and then have to re-do it all again.

Also, from a players perspective it’s better to have well balanced, well playing rules/mode/gameplay whilst waiting for all the polish. At least AIQ is a great game to play while we wait for it to be finished.

I completely agree the game needs personality, but I’m hoping/assuming these will come once Elwin is happy with everything else. This game has the bones of a classic, I’m sure the flesh will come.

#6165 3 years ago

The glove setup on the PreLe on all levels is pretty lame . I think most of us can agree with that.

Still a freak'n awesome game.

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But man, when that ball zips around that ramp it is so cool.

IMO the ramp is not an issue for most games - it’s just a shot that has to be accurate.

My son is just an average player, and he has always complained about that shot rejecting yet I’ve never had an issue with it.

The fix just means the shot can it be slightly less accurate since if it hits the side it won’t rattle as much and reject.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

This pretty much guarantees me getting a pro unfortunately. I’ve had enough of dialing in a ramp shot for 10 lifetimes. Haha

It’s nothing like the ST Demi if that’s what you’re referring to.

3 weeks later
#6685 3 years ago

Just circling back to a mod I did and posted about earlier in this thread. It was installing a spot light over the disc after you have installed the Mezel Sanctorum Building. Since the Sanctorum Building mod means you lose the spot light that lights up the disc, I found it became really dark and dull. I wired the spot to the same light that originally lit up the disc before the Sanctorum mod.

Anyway, I was originally using the post that sat directly in front of the ramp to mount the spot on. But I found it was prone to breaking the spot light post since they are made of cheap metal. It would also come loose eventually because that post cops a beating.

The solution was to swap the lowest of the small spike posts in the lower pop area, just to the left of the ramp, with a metal post up the back behind the pops, and put the light post in that.

The new location is actually much better as it’s a little bit further back and the spot light is not so obstructive.

Also re- designed the whole light post using a long screw instead of the standard spot light hex raiser stands and it’s now much stronger and looks better. The light throw from that location is also better.

Highly recommend doing this if you’ve installed the Sanctorum Building.

1004D84A-1FC1-45A6-99C1-6FFA2E1FC992 (resized).jpeg1004D84A-1FC1-45A6-99C1-6FFA2E1FC992 (resized).jpeg7E6D1760-51CC-49D6-BE91-6CBA25398D59 (resized).jpeg7E6D1760-51CC-49D6-BE91-6CBA25398D59 (resized).jpeg7DC64F87-B38C-489D-AC57-485398987E37 (resized).jpeg7DC64F87-B38C-489D-AC57-485398987E37 (resized).jpegC2CEABAE-1371-400A-BC00-63FE60AF3C66 (resized).jpegC2CEABAE-1371-400A-BC00-63FE60AF3C66 (resized).jpegCCE4F3D7-3335-4A44-BE1E-BD72BB1287E1 (resized).jpegCCE4F3D7-3335-4A44-BE1E-BD72BB1287E1 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7028 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

When I had it set up on 3 balls I was constantly nudging and outright manhandling the game just to keep the ball in play.

That’s the best part of pinball!!!!!

#7071 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

About 3,500 balls through my game and ive not had a single hangup there. Only place i was getting them was the upper pop

Used to get a lot of hang ups there….ended up bending down the whole bracket that supports the glove so there’s only a small gap. Haven’t had one since.

1 week later
#7239 2 years ago

Can honestly not understand the excessive love for DP - DP no.6 and AIQ no. 13 on Pinside top100! Should be reversed IMO. In fact AIQ should be easily within the top 5 imo.

Only place Dp wins (and wins easily) is personality and music. The rest is not even close.

#7273 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just got most of my parts back from the powdercoat guy. A board on his powder rig fried with 3 parts to go. I finally got all of the metal for SW and BM66, so I dropped that off yesterday, and took what he had.
This is "Violet Sparkle" from Prismatic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sweeeeet!!

1 week later
#7373 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I'll be officially joining with my Premium AIQ tomorrow!! So pumped to learn this deep coded game.
Question: What are top 3 mods to get for this beauty!!??

This would be one of the top 3 for me:

https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-avengers-tower

FEB5A7A2-70D1-426D-91C7-8718630975CF (resized).jpegFEB5A7A2-70D1-426D-91C7-8718630975CF (resized).jpeg
#7424 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Let me try again, where to find an mod for thanos hand? Cant believe you all accept that ugly yellow hand?

When I first got the game I was the same. But I think the game is so good the glove has been forgotten.

On the other hand, if someone makes a nice replacement I’ll buy one.

#7455 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My back ordered topper arrived yesterday. Now the game does not feel so naked next to the others. The shooter rod is still back ordered and waiting for the Pinnovators sub-woofer board to finish the mods.
I still can't get over 250 million with 5 balls. But the game is enjoyable and I keep coming back.
I own all the Marvel pins except Iron Man. The collector part of me feels like I "need" to complete the collection. But I am not sure I want another fan layout. I have seen some nice regular and vault versions for sale recently in the past.

Iron Man is a great game and one of the best simple fan layouts. You definitely need to complete the collection.

2 months later
#8219 2 years ago

F*ck this game is good.

#8220 2 years ago

Has anyone had experience with this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit

Im sure its been spoken about in here somewhere but cant find it.

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I gave a review in post 7905.

Perfect - thanks - ordered!

BTW - do you still need th Stern fix with this kit?

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just wanted to post about my new mod for my premium; I haven't seen this come up yet, but maybe I missed it, let me know. Anyway, I was always a bit disappointed with the fact that the angle the player is at with relation to the subway and the clear inserts does not allow someone of around average height to see the portal locks easily without leaning over the playfield. This problem has been solved. I got some flexible mirror sheets and cut one to fit the far side of the subway, of course one will need to cut out spots for the optos to register, but otherwise it was a simple fitment. I did remove the factory sticker and roughen the surface. I was impatient and used hot glue to adhere the mirror sheet (the mirror sheet comes with adhesive but I found that it would come loose). I suppose epoxy would work well too. Don't forget to remove the protective film from the mirror surface.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The result is great. I can see the reflection of the ball perfectly and as a bonus the LEDs that emit from the near side (opposite the mirror) are much more noticeable, that is, the color is much brighter and really lights up the subway. Here is the link to the mirror sheets that I used: amazon.com link »

That looks great. Have you checked the opto's aren't confused by the mirror at all? I guess if the cutout is far enough away from the beam it will be fine.

1 week later
#8326 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Finally officially in the club. Cleanest box I've ever had and the guys that delivered it were really cool. Looks like my lockdown bar is digging into the wood a bit though.

Wow, they must have hammered that on to do that much damage.

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

Hey guys! Can someone point me to the best place to buy cliffy protectors for my AIQ?

From the man himself:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Scroll about half way down for avengers. Email address up top - email him direct.

#8391 2 years ago

Look what turned up today. It’s a piece of art in itself - very impressed with the quality. I can tell just by holding it how well this thing will spin. Can’t wait to install this bad boy this weekend.

Thanks 1956PINHEAD !
2ACD75B0-8B16-484F-998C-3536E6CAC333 (resized).jpeg2ACD75B0-8B16-484F-998C-3536E6CAC333 (resized).jpeg

#8392 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I have many of these discs out there now and the feedback from some is that the decal could be made from a little thicker material, this is something I am investigating for incorporating in the near future

Has anyone looked into ordering the og Stern one? Or is that no better?

#8437 2 years ago
Quoted from pluto:

SO AIQ was my first NIB pin I bought and with an impending move across the country my wife and I are looking to sell. However, we had a buyer come out that pointed out there is "ribbing" or "planking" on the playfield. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm contacting stern to see if it's covered under warranty and I can get a new Playfield, but is this a common thing for Sterns? I got the machine in May 2021 and have put around 600 plays on it, but this seems like a factory issue. Attached are some images - it's hard to take pictures of but I think you can tell what's going on. Small vertical lines that across the length and width of the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from paul_8788:

Your biggest issue is probably just an overly picky buyer or someone who is just trying to drive your asking price down. Personally I wouldn't discount any pin I was selling because of it.

Plus one to what paul_8788 said ^^ . It’s a non issue and yours is mild anyway. Sounds like an overly anal customer who’s not serious anyway or one trying to drive the price down. Don’t listen to him. In today’s market you won’t have trouble selling it - stand your ground.

1 week later
#8542 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Make sure you dont have something like the disc spinner or a random opto triggering on its own. It sees it as the ball "hitting" that and removes the skill shot since you normally lose that opportunity if you hit a shot prior to the skill shot. When my dr strange disc used to get misaligned, that would sporadically happen to me. As you plunge, look at your score to see if you're getting "ghost" points. If you are, then yeah that would be it.

^ this - I had a sticky pop bumper switch that was triggering all the time and would cancel the skill shots.

1 month later
#8842 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I think it’s the third Hawkeye challenge that awards the list gem

Hawkeye is such an unreliable feed for me, it’s near impossible to win one Challenge let alone 3. Is there a fix for this?

#8847 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Unreliable feed from the tower?

Quoted from Eightball88:

By unreliable do you mean the timing of when the ball releases varies? I

Not with timing - it bounces randomly - never consistent.

I might take some slow-mo footage and see whats going on.

1 week later
#8896 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Such a long game to just miss my high score by 46 Million... 6.3 Billion!
Beat Thanos with all 6 Gems. Got past second Black Order Multiball. Trophy Mania Wizard mode.
Second game over 6 Billion and sixth over 4 Billion! 3 Balls, factory settings, Extra Balls on.

Are you human?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.