IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same here man. My first LE ever. New or used. Can't wait! Shouldn't be too long since Stern has shipped a couple pros out to distributors.

I'd have gone premium if it weren't for that darned wait!

Your first LE is a special one. Enjoy it!

#39 3 years ago

Since this will be my first LE, I'm curious how the speakers/audio on the LE sound vs. the normal audio on the Pro models. Anyone here have both that can give an opinion?

I had a Stranger Things Pro and then a LE. The only difference are the upgraded LE Kenwood speakers. Definitely better than the pro speakers but don’t expect it to be the greatest thing you’ve ever heard. Haha

But if the music in the game is good, I highly recommend the pinnovators sub kit ($35) and an external sub.

#43 3 years ago

You know what, I actually have one of those spare in somewhere! I had it on my JP pro, then upgraded to a full Pinwoofer super kit. Forgot all about it. I'll definitely add that on AIQ. So, if I'm catching you correctly, the sound on the LEs really isnt that much better that the standard pro audio.I was hoping the "upgraded sound" would keep me from having to change anything.

Yeah i thought this too, but I cannot find anything on the game that is different sound wise from the pro to the LE outside of those LE Kenwood backbox speakers. I could be wrong though.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I think the amps are upgraded too

Do you have any more information on this? I thought the same thing, but the hardware between the pro and LE looks identical to me.

#65 3 years ago

It’s still on. Deadflip on twitch.

#67 3 years ago

Has their animations ever matched the artwork of the playfield and the cabinet?

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

The terrible Aerosmith animations did. Also, does it matter? I don’t understand why I can’t expect better if they get to raise the price twice a year.

Just asking. I always thought the LcD artist was different from the playfield and cabinet person.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Do you think the Simpsons has one animator drawing the whole episode or style sheets that multiple people use for reference?
It’s not hard to have the Avengers tower be blue on the screen like it is on the playfield or vice versa (They are different colors).

That’s fair. Just trying to understand.

#89 3 years ago

You’re in the top ten at your distributor. Doesn’t have anything to do with sterns numbers. Just where you are in the allotment that your distro is getting.

Stern never releases production numbers except for LEs.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I think you are missing my point...if the first run of premiums at Stern is large enough for my distributor to get and fill their first 10 orders then I’m good, if not then I’ll be waiting.
Just trying to figure out how many each dealer will get in the first run. It sounds like nobody has any idea. And just to be clear, I’m not talking about the overall numbers, just as estimate of numbers in a run.

Yeah nobody knows. All I can say is the bigger the distro the bigger the allotment (or i should say that’s definitely how the LEs are divided up, so i assume all runs of games are done the same). Your distro should know how many premiums they are getting in their next run. I would ask them.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Have you ever used the Flipper fidelity speaker kits? I’m curious on if those are a good upgrade for the price?

If you’re going to do any aftermarket upgrade and want to hear real difference, Pinwoofer is the way to go. You might as well just get off the shelf aftermarket speakers if you’re considering pinball pro or flipper Fidelity.

#133 3 years ago

the kit comes with a plug in amplifier

This sets them apart. Sure better speakers will improve things, but the game needs a better amp to really use the better speakers.

#136 3 years ago

Wow brother! That is a great write up! The only thing I would add is their newest kit comes with a much nicer all in 1 amplifier. No more mounting 2 separate amps.

Yeah they stepped their game up big time with that new amp.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With the Stern LE you just need the amp kit from pinwoofer? And it's worth it, the difference?

Message lodgingdolphin he has it in a couple LEs. I think it depends on the game.

1 week later
#344 3 years ago

Looks the same as in the promo video to me.

#347 3 years ago

My guess is they had all these parts already and didn’t change anything. But I could be wrong.

Hopefully someone comes up with a mod to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

there were still LEs available?

Always. Just gotta ask around a bit more sometimes. Rule of thumb. Always start with Trent if you want a LE. He probably gets the most allotted to him.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Forgive my ignorance. Whos trent? Which distributer?

Tilt amusements, hell of a nice guy, better pinball player, best Wolverine look a like when he wants to be.

#380 3 years ago

You should see him when he does the hair too. Haha

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.
Dan

Nope. Inspect the balls and replace them if they are crappy, put the tilt bob in, play.

Forgot about shooter lane protection. Lower the trough eject power all the way, then put self adhesive felt in the shooter lane where the ball hits upon eject.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If you wax your new playfield you can't play for some days, because its so freaking fast. I have had to learn this the hard way.
I still just use novus2 on my games i bought NIB. Also after novus2 the ball is very fast but it will settle down fast.
chuckwurt
do you have any image of this mounted felt, i'm curious how this looks like.

It looks like black felt in the shooter lane. Haha.

Mylar has always worked well fir me too, but others said on this game the still saw damage early on with Mylar.

#538 3 years ago

In my experience, you may see an initial small chip, but nothing after that. Saw it on STH and now 1500 plays later, it hasn’t gotten worse. No big deal for me, but could be for others.

That’s with Mylar to be clear. The felt may provide that extra protection to avoid any chipping at all.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I am so confused by the pinguy app. Do i lay it on a flat (hopefully flat) surface and calibrate, then turn 180 around and do the same, BEFORE i put this on the playfield?
It doesn't explain very well and I'm no field engineer.

Yes. You’re calibrating it so that when you put it on the playfield it will give you accurate readings. Put it on a counter top or something and calibrate it. Then use it on the playfield.

#585 3 years ago

How is that possible? Haha. Just tighten the bubble level down and should but good right?

#587 3 years ago

Haha. Yeah not surprised they cannot be trusted. Since I have nice and flat even ground in my basement I Jack the back legs up usually almost all the way out, and front all the way in. This typically results in the bubble being close the touching the top line of the bubble level. Some games play a bit better if they aren’t so steep. Stranger things is one. I keep that one about right in the middle of the bubble level.

But most stern games are way more fun if they are steep and fast.

#593 3 years ago

Yep. Looks like it chipped when they hammered those parts into the pf.

#668 3 years ago

Take the glass off. Calibrate the app with the case on your phone. Leave the case on and place the phone on the playfield in the middle. The app will talk to you and tell you how to level the game.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Initial review My LE is Drain Heavy. Im going to have to tone down the pitch and the slingshot power. But shots are butter. And game is fun.

Any marvel ramp rejects?

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is Battle Royal the wizard mode?

Is that the name of the mode for collecting 24 trophies? If so, yes.

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Absolutely insane what I saw. Hard settings and no Extraballs. I knew he is good but I never thought like that. Recommend to have a look

Whatever you this is good, times that by a million and you’ll get Johannes

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Not sure about the trophies but if you hold both flippers in before starting a game, you can play it

Then no. That’s not the final wizard mode.

#742 3 years ago

I consider the end of the game to be the end of the game. IE, nothing else to accomplish. Battle Thanos is not the end of this game to me. You haven’t done everything.

#748 3 years ago

It’s funny to me that people need their pinball machines to make less noise.

1 week later
#1174 3 years ago

When you change from regular rubber to super bands or Titans the game will play different. It’s just how they play. Put in the game what you like best.

#1196 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I prefer the "Perfect Play" silicone bands from Pinball Life. Seem to better match regular rubber play and last longer.

They are silicone just like Titan. I don’t notice a difference in play at all.

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I agree, no difference in play for me. I switched to perfect play because my Titan stern posts sleeves lasted about a month before getting tore up in my Jurassic Park. I assume this is just the way silicone are. Switched back to awful black, don't know what else to try. I play my games everyday.

Posts aren’t causing the dirt imo. I always leave those stock. Just change out the flippers and all the rings.

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I caught a video of my issue with the trough (ball moving past the metal arm that is supposed to catch it).

Put the game into diagnostics and test the portal. Open it. Leave it open then put the game into switch test and roll balls down there. Make sure all the switches are registering and the balls are passing through correctly.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

or lift the playfield and see that the assembly fell apart ..

Haha. Good point.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Can't seem to get my backbox to go all the way back, which means I can't bolt it in. I feel like I'm being dense but I've triple checked and no wiring in the way. Any ideas? This is only my second NIB Stern and first time I've run into such a thing. I do have an email into Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Make sure the thick ground strap is not blocking things. It happens. I can almost guarantee something is blocking it. Just hard to see.

#1251 3 years ago

Yeah that doesn’t look right at all.

#1272 3 years ago

Loosen the mech from the game, take it out, and adjust the fingers out of the game.

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My pro has different posts and a single rubber across both posts, ball never hits it on the way down. Build date 10/7 if that matters.
[quoted image]

the right orbit rubber is deliberately different on a Pro vs. Prem/LE due to the pro having the captain marvel spinner U-turn. The game is designed to have half-orbits bounce off the rubber just like in JP on a missed helipad, but on the Pro since you're actively shooting the ball that way KME wanted it to be smooth since it's an actual shot.

#1284 3 years ago

Or be on your toes to bump it off that wall on the squirly ones.

#1286 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's most of them. So exhausting to always be bumping off the orbit. Reminds me of Stranger Things.

That’s fixable. I know from experience.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

is battle thanos not in the code yet?

Correct. It was taken out in .91. Not ready yet.

#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know LEDs Stern are using these days in their games? I know it was cointaker for a while but they no longer have the CT markings on them.
Looking to upgrade some older games and I like the look of my newer Sterns lighting so trying to copy it as close as possible.

Two smd clear dome bulbs. Comet has them.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheers Vire, I’m going to go with comet, white for GI and inserts, can’t be bothered with colour matching inserts but will go with coloured flashers.

All the inserts are led pcb boards. GI are the only traditional led bulbs in the game.

Even if you look at the description of the cool white 2 smds from comet they say they are the same that modern sterns use.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Honest question. Would it not be easier to get the box up the stairs and not an assembled table?

It’s heavier. Assembled table wouldn’t be bad at all especially considering how wide their stairs are.

#1498 3 years ago

Only got to play 3 games on this last night but it shoots so good. I can’t wait to dive in more and learn all the nuances to the rules. But for three games it was a blast to just shoot all the blinky stuff. Haha. Every shot felt good on the pro.

I’m terrible at timing the balls coming out of the magnet lock. Haha

#1500 3 years ago

There is. Don’t whiff.

#1796 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So I don't know if Super Disc was causing the pulsing on the shaker

It was super disc.

#1815 3 years ago

Just play the game and learn little by little. Overwhelming is a good thing. Means the game has lasting appeal. Just concentrate on one aspect of the game. Once you have that down, move onto the next part. Don’t try to understand it all at once.

#1828 3 years ago

I’m the same way. My approach is always to just play and learn as I go. Can’t learn it all in one sitting.

Tutorials usually don’t start popping up until the game is complete.

#1952 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

IMDM Premium...took 1 month to fully dial in.

I’ll see you and raise you a Stranger Thungs LE. Took like 6 months to dial in. Haha

#1959 3 years ago

Or the transition from the lack mech to the VUK is not flush causing a hang up. I would make sure that is flush or slightly higher than the VUK edge so balls don’t come to rest there.

#2040 3 years ago

Step off the ledge and start troubleshooting.

If your shots are barely making the ramps then still flying off the wireforms at a point, something is physically causing this on the ramps. Take a slow mo video of each ramp return to find exactly where it’s happening and adjust the ramps to fix the issue.

Not sure what your TMNT issue is. I’ve seen you talking about the left outlane, but there not much you can do there besides a Siamese post. TMNT is just a hard game.

#2044 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

So on the main ramp. I followed the key post and bent the exit with pliers. No difference. If bending the ramps and turning down the flippers isn't fixing the problem. I don't know what a logical next step to fixing the ramps would be.

Where is the ball coming off at? Something physical is causing the ball to fall off the ramp. Maybe your game is pitched too shallow? Maybe the ramp is tilted weird. Maybe it’s missing a guard that other games have.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

On the main ramp in 2 spots the 1st is at the beginning of the wireform(There's a key post about this) and if manages to stay on then it it falls off where it curves right next to the vuk. I have bent the ramp like the key post but I has not made any difference. For the marvel ramp the ball goes up and either the shot is made, the ball rolls down or it gets halfway up and then just falls out. On wireform near portal the ball jumps out right before the exit near upper flipper.

Pitch is at 6.6

Take the glass off and put the game in switch test and start hitting these shots over and over. It should be easy to see what is causing the ball to come off the main wireform by the VUK. Hell since your flippers are set so weak, you could just set the ball on the wireform and it will come off by the VUK. That’s where you film in slow mo. Something is touching the ball and knocking it off the rails.

The marvel ramp will be harder. Something is physically impeding it’s progress. Again. Do slo mo for a made shot and a rejected shot and compare the two.

#2097 3 years ago

Only took one shot for me the couple times I got there. Pro.

#2141 3 years ago

It appears it’s getting stuck in the slot of the last finger. Cover the bottom half of it with Mylar. Should still be plenty of room for the finger to move up and down and the ball won’t get caught there. Same issue as Flight 2k sometimes.

#2155 3 years ago

Easiest pro decision I’ve seen in a while. And really, all Elwins Pros are great.

#2158 3 years ago

Not surprised by that at all.

#2304 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I feel like the inlanes are too small or something. Half the time when the ball gets into the inlane it bumbles around, comes out and goes right into outlane. Frustrating! Might experiment with different rubbers

Half the time? Sounds about right. Haha. Nudge better to help improve that. Don’t let the ball get past the slings.

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

honestly, the game is too easy to achieve everything. i think this is keith's easiest game by far. I'm wondering if stern wants easier games. Don't get me wrong, it is fun. Just a little easy i think

This game is like game of thrones. Might not be the most difficult to beat, but the staying power comes from all the crazy stuff you can pull off to maximize score along the way.

The fact that it’s not a drain monster helps too.

#2317 3 years ago

The switch actuator arm.

#2341 3 years ago

You can get portal locks before you start a gem mode. You can make any gem mode up to a 3 ball MB that way. Also there’s a multiplier for the balls in play too. 3 in play for 3x, 2 in play for 2x

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I hope newer sterns means like spike 2 in general

Yeah hopefully it’s a simple code update for all previous games.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Hey everyone - received my AIQ Premium on Friday - having an absolute blast. My first pin - very excited to start a collection!
Game is playing great, with one minor issue. Every now and then I get a VERY loud "pop" from the speakers. It never occurs due to any one thing - kind of random. Happened most recently when I hit the action button the top front of the machine. Anyone else run into this?
The speakers seem to sound fine otherwise, so I don't think the speakers are bad. Not sure what's up...
Thanks!

That’s the stern fake knocker noise. I recommend buying a real knocker kit from pinball life. They are great.

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Melhadmj:

What am I missing??

Sounds like the optos may be backwards. Put the game in test and see if the ramps are registering the opposite one. If so, swap the connectors to those sets of optos.

#2511 3 years ago

It’s good to always keep an eye on tilt forums. There a dedicated thread for every game’s rule sheet. Best part is it’s a wiki so anyone can update it.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

It's simple to those of us who understand it, but would suck for someone who just bought a machine because it was a cool purchase or they wanted to entertain the family.

Chances are these types would never know there’s an issue. Haha

#2668 3 years ago

Pro is awesome on this.

#2670 3 years ago

Yeah I typically go pro then if I fall in love with the game and it’s a keeper maybe get the premium later to switch it up. That’s what I did for GOT.

If it’s a dream theme I cannot resist (STH), then I might go all in on it. I doubt I ever do that again though. Not many themes are that great for me that I can’t wait and just go pro.

#2742 3 years ago

Since that flipper takes such a beating I would try something else as well. Keep stock rubber, red rubber or superbands on it. The regular Titans May last longer too as the low bounce are thinner I believe.

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The crazy thing is that it is shown on a drawing in the manual.

They forgot to install it. I’d get with your distro to get one.

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

There was some discussion a week or so ago and nobody seemed to have one.

They should have it though. It’s not an optional accessory. Haha

#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

It looks like the handle is not listed on the AIQ Back Panel assembly drawing. It is, however, listed on the Jurassic Park Prem Back Panel assembly drawing. The part number for JP is listed as 535-1926-00.

Yeah if it’s not in the manual you might not have luck getting one free. I assumed it was in both manuals.

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I doubt it is a "handle" to help you remove PF out of cab.

D5EC4820-BE69-457B-92E5-3F02EC09A220 (resized).jpegD5EC4820-BE69-457B-92E5-3F02EC09A220 (resized).jpeg

D26E58A2-E0AC-405A-988D-12984190A56E (resized).jpegD26E58A2-E0AC-405A-988D-12984190A56E (resized).jpeg

#2834 3 years ago

I change the rubbers too because I hate cleaning the game all the time. I would definitely leave the upper flipper as regular rubber though in this case.

#2836 3 years ago

I always leave the posts. The flippers and slings do the most when spreading that rubber around.

#2848 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do the other types of flipper rubber not disintegrate, or are they just disintegrating into harder-to-see bits?

They do no leave the black ball trails like the stern rubbers.

Super bands suck but last forever.

Titans are a good middle ground even though they tend to break sooner than good regular rubber and really break down quick in certain applications like noted here.

#2850 3 years ago

Never tried them. Never been disappointed with Titan to try anything else.

I did see some GNR owners note that the perfect plays on their games were wearing faster than the Titans. I guess JJP uses like 3 different companies for rubbers/silicones in their games.

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I get great control with them.

Too easy to trap up and they don’t dead bounce well. Oh and you need the hulk to put them on flippers.

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd like to see flipper presses do lane changes to move lighted letters for I R O N .

It will never happen. Best get used to it.

#2879 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I find my super bands dead bounce fine, just need to work them in a bit.
As for putting them on, warm them in your hands and give a little prestretch and you should be ok.
Now, the mini flippers (like on maiden), that's Hulk territory.

Or just skip all that and use something else.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I should eat Cauliflower too, but I'll never get used to that either.

Gotta get that fixed! Cauliflower is amazing.

Iron lanes are hard, but I welcome the change. Lane change has been an afterthought for too long.

#2929 3 years ago

Would love to see the complex subway return from STTNG. But this time use it to have multiple scoops that could fire the ball at the player but it’s unknown where it’s coming from. Coyle make for a cool multiball start as well.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern's bean counters have really ruined the variety of play that Bally/Williams did so well and continually innovated on with subway use. Glad to see Elwin tippy-toeing into them with Iron Maiden (world's shortest subway) and now Avengers Prem/LE (world's most annoying subway). I hope he gets into making cool, surprising, fun subways with diverters and pre-loads for seemingly instant ball travel from one end of the playfield to the other. He has the clout at Stern to change their long record of subway omission. Time to use it.

Totally agree. Love the idea to simulate ball warping across the playfield with staging like spectrum. Time to put that to use on a game that is actually good. Haha

#2937 3 years ago

I would email stern either through their bug report email or maybe your distributor to tell them about the opto mis labeling. Seems to have affected a lot of games.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Don’t quit your day job.

Why would I do that? Pays way better than anything else.

#3015 3 years ago

Looks fine to me. Haha.

Yeah .93 is supposed to fix that.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can you link me to this?
Also, anyone know what need to be unscrewed/removed to get this guide?

There’s a post pt two going through the playfield attached to the bottom of the guide that need the nut taken off the underside of the playfield. Then it should lift out.

#3090 3 years ago

Embrace it.

How long did it take to make that picture? Haha

#3121 3 years ago

It holds the ball for super jackpot in iron man mB, then if you put a second ball up there it’s a double super jackpot. Not sure if it’s done any other times.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

forgot about that. I've only enable that a couple times and both times it seemed like the second shot just released the held ball. Are they both supposed to be held briefly?

Can’t remember exactly. I thought it did hold them briefly.

Edit. Yep it does.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGOHdRnnXdz/?igshid=nif8shu51qhu

4 months later
#6233 3 years ago

Any rules nerds in here?

So I have the mind gem on a level 2 avenger.

Start a 3x gem quest, add iron man and Thor. Got all kinds of craziness going on. I hit the lock bar button. I get all lit shots awarded at their multiplied values?

#6237 3 years ago

Sweet. Just making sure if shit is multiplied too I get those multiplied values, not base values.

#6239 3 years ago

You read my mind. Haha. Just started to get time on this game. Didn’t get to play it at all last year. Such a good game.

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Nope, I haven't put in any extra stuff...

Go into the service menus and look up the node board test and run that. It should tell you what is causing the over current. Then go to that area and check it. It will be very specific. See this thread below for more help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple#post-6064157

#6271 3 years ago

What about the tdiddy mod for the ramp? I thought that solved the rejects?

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Classy product, but didn't fix mine.

Well dammit. I assumed that was a fix for all. Haha

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It definitely isn't a Steve Ritchie ramp where any sloppy shot near the opening will find it's way up.

This pretty much guarantees me getting a pro unfortunately. I’ve had enough of dialing in a ramp shot for 10 lifetimes. Haha

#6277 3 years ago

But man, when that ball zips around that ramp it is so cool.

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If you have a chance to play a machine with the loop Captain Marvel ramp maybe try it out before deciding,

My time on the game is pretty much exclusively a premium. Sounds like the ramp won’t be able to get to a point where I won’t be disappointed with it. Definitely disappointed with it as it is right now. Maybe a mod and a couple tweaks will change my mind. We shall see.

#6283 3 years ago

To be clear. The premium I've been playing rejects a lot. It has a factory plastic cover on the outside of it. I’m going to try the mod and maybe one other thing. But if I can’t figure this one out really easily, I’ll probably go pro when I get one.

The STH demo is child’s play compared to the TK lock.

If I hit a shot clean, it should go. This one isn’t always going if the shot is clean.

#6286 3 years ago

Yeah. I like the added features too. It’s also nice that the rubber on the right ball guide kicks to the left flipper so you don’t have bump it off the rail every time.

#6288 3 years ago

Yeah this game has way to much going on that I’d be so pissed that a ramp reject killed me. Haha. This game is good in that there aren’t any cheap drains at all. Even if that ramp rejects. But for now I’m completely avoiding that ramp. Hopefully we can make it a lot better.

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Now the cheap drains actually can be an issue... the outlanes are known to be very hungry on any AIQ model.

Not the case on the one I play at all. The design around the outlanes are very friendly for nudging. And rarely do misses drain you if you’re on it.

#6296 3 years ago

What exactly did you adjust when reinstalling the ramp? Did you make sure certain aspects were aligned a certain way?

I know you said recenter it, but can you be more specific?

Thanks!

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the code in my opinion is better in the premium, the combos are more fun, better flow... you really have to play to see it... this game is a premium game in my opinion.

Pretty sure the code is the same on both games, but I could be wrong.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There are a couple differences in code for the Captain Marvel shot. Tiltforums rule sheet has a good summary of it:
1) Go Binary - no shot multiplier on pro, up to 5x on prem/LE
2) Soul Gem Jackpot - Captain Marvel on Premium/LE is double scoring so essentially 100% quest value.

Great to know. Thanks!

#6308 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d take the marvel ramp all day everyday over the TK lock.

I don’t want to spend hours dialing in a shot again. Haha.

I don’t know what going binary means sorry.

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With the clear plastic marvel ramp fix

Is this from stern or a modder?

#6319 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

#6322 3 years ago

1. Replace the pinballs
2. Coil stops

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I cut a handful of these out of Lexan recently. Meet me sometime at Pinball Garage for a beer and you can have one!

Hell yeah. Sounds good man.

#6407 3 years ago

They need to make a way forward the instant info to stay on the same screen unless you change it.

1 week later
#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

One of the major differences between the really high level players and the just good players is strategy and rules knowledge.

It’s accuracy and stamina more than anything.

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Bingo. And a good strategy will help someone with good stamina and accuracy a lot quicker. You want to make your points early in the game, not at the end when you are crushed.

There are lots of games that are a slow burn. Shots get more valuable as you go on.

When you’re playing the tops in the world, you need to have the where with all to score 30 billion on B66, 200 million on xmen, 400 million on Spider-Man, etc. I

I just don’t have that kind of stamina yet. They are ready to go for those types of games at all times. The average to good player might be up for a game like that once in a lifetime.

95% of pinball games have easy enough rules that you’re on the same level as the best in the world in one session. Other aspects of skill are way more important than rules knowledge and strategy.

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

So, just to confirm, you do want carbon steel so that the avengers tower grabs them, right?

Never buy chrome or “super shiny” pinballs and you’ll never have an issue. I recommend the standard shiny pinballs from Titan pinball. They last way longer than 400-500 plays. Probably 1,000 plays before I change mine out.

#6606 3 years ago

You can also set the target game time to whatever you want and the game ensures that the players game lasts for that long by making the ball save longer on future balls to compensate.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The rubberbands are probably a better solution for his wife (or anyone else struggling).

The best solution is setting up the target game adjustment. It is player by player so everyone’s game is different and the game adjusts on the fly. If the target game time is 10 mins and you have a ten minute ball one, your crutch is gone ball two. If your kid has a 30 second ball one, their ball two ball save will be on for a really long time.

1 week later
#6791 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

Hi This is where my ball gets stuck. Tips on how to solve this in a simple way? Grateful for answers as I am new to this.

The gate is there for a reason. You can see there is a piece of steel that pushes the gate closed when the ball passes. Adjust this up a bit so it’s not so strong. That should fix the issue.

#6793 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

Thx. I will try to adjust the gate a bit up.

The steel that pushes the gate closed is what needs adjustment. It’s too strong causing the gate to pinch the ball.

#6869 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How do you activate the ball lock?

Portal locks? That’s combos or the super skill shot or a grid award.

4 combos first, then more combos after that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 16.00
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.