IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckcasey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1102 3 years ago

Purchased my Premium yesterday and now anxiously awaiting arrival. My distributor said they ship next week - has anyone else heard the same thing?

I plan to commission it at home, tweak it, tune it, wax it, etc. and then put it on location at the Riverside Game Lab (Riverside, CA) about Halloween time IF we're allowed to have the arcade open (don't get me started).

I'm excited about going back thru all 22 pages of this thread to learn more about what you're all experiencing so far.

#1311 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put down some self adhesive felt in the shooter lane.
Blue is not gonna cut it for long.
$1.25 for a sheet at Hobby Lobby. Cut it to size and apply.
Best cheap protector out there AND you can cover about 40 games with one sheet.
Gotta love Cliffy but just don't need it.

Can we get a picture where you apply? Obviously you can't cover the switch not can you raise the ball too high so the switch wont activate. I've had cliffies cause the switch not to activate.

Where are you putting this felt?

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

I caught a video of my issue with the trough (ball moving past the metal arm that is supposed to catch it).

Is this causing a logic and play problem or is it only causing the ball to not be in the subway window?

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Finally received LE #131 !
However, My playfield glass arrived scratched on the inside like when they pushed it in, it hit the coin door. Of course I called and emailed yesterday, and no response. How do you get Stern to respond these days? If their customer service is now so bad, I will think twice about new games. UUUGGGHH

Call your distributor first and get the glass from them or at least get direction on your next step.

If all else fails, my distributor, OC Pinball, sells glass for $60 (sometimes less). I just picked up 6 sheets.

#1379 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

LE has Invisiglass. Over $230 at Stern.....

I should have known this since I have an LE coming next week. You're right, the best price I've seen for invisiglass is $200. I'd pursue the heck out of a replacement.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

Yes. If you read many of the post in this thread, owners are making adjustments, sharing their adjustments, and moving on. I's a pinball machine. Only major issues (scratched invisiglass for example) or broken parts of major concern.\

If you end up getting your LE this will be the place to learn how to adjust and enjoy it.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
So i will get my LE at end of the month.
Just wanted to know how is the playfield quality? Does it require a playfield protector or not?
Thanks

What type of playfield "protector" are you considering?
Will you game be HOU? I wouldn't worry about any additional protection except for maybe a shooter lane and scoop cliffy.
The traditional playfield protector is a nightmare to put on and changes how the game plays. I wouldn't recommend it for a second.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Avengers is a very colorful game already. Even most of the clear inserts are RGB, there are only a few that could have color added and not be out of place. THOR and IRON are the two that most need a little color. THOR a blue to white gradient and IRON a light blue for more of an arc reactor suggestion.

In my GB Premium, instead of changing the bulb color I placed a small (just larger then the insert) piece of colored gel plastic between the bulb and the insert (bottom of playfield of course). I used near by already-installed-screws or tape to keep the gel (cello) in place. I matched the colors to the mode or the area of the playfield. I receive tons of compliments on the matching colors. You don't have to buy in bulbs or board mounted SMDs, you can switch colors and try new ones and it's all easily removable later.

Example of what I used but there are many choices: https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-Pieces-Transparent-Plastic-Correction/dp/B06VT87HRZ/ref=sr_1_2

#1764 3 years ago

Please tell me that the .92 update fixed the two-balls in the subway issue is really fixed? Has someone played on new code and verified ?

#2172 3 years ago

Joined the club with LE #442 (still waiting on my pro for location). We’re having a blast playing and learning the rules. A special guest put up that 1.377B game, he blew AIQ up. He got to Black Order Battle Royal and had 6 gems. Thanos wizard mode did not start. End of ball bonus was crazy high.

Items to note:
We had two fix the subway, reverse ramp and three sticky-balls.

Game is on factory settings for solenoid strength, .92 code with bubble between the two lines, level side to side.

Subway - ball would get stuck (1 of 20) times after last finger / right before VUK. The plastic trough long middle hole did not have the taper you see on other playfield switch grooves. See how your in-lane switch playfield hikes have a taper at the end of the groove? The subway doesn’t. I lifted playfield, removed VUK mech and used a small round file to cut same groove used in Playfields. Fixed.

Reserve ramp - Ball was flying off reserve r ramp (full plunge ramp) most the time. as someone suggested, simply bent the wire run end piece toward the back of cab - fixed.

Stucky ball 1 - between Avenger Building and pop bumper (picture). Had to remove glass to release. I added a small piece of adhesive rubber - the type you may find in a car door seal. Fixed.

Stucky ball 2 - as you know, some full plunges or auto plunges get a little crazy. The ball would wedge between Thanos Gauntlet and the plastic. Had to remove glass to release. Used same automotive adhesive rubber to stop it. Fixed.

Stucky ball 3 - skill shot roll over. Ball sticks on rollover. Appears insert needs to be pounded upward. Since these inserts are not put in place until after clear coat and decals, they sometimes not inserted far enough. Pounded in slightly from under playfield - fixed.

Love the game. Great job Keith and Stern crew. Okay, back to playing IAQ.

034CCAC1-78CA-4AE5-81AB-629FA668CEBB (resized).jpeg034CCAC1-78CA-4AE5-81AB-629FA668CEBB (resized).jpeg0F8A0798-5F36-49A1-BDF0-465F051A8EA2 (resized).jpeg0F8A0798-5F36-49A1-BDF0-465F051A8EA2 (resized).jpeg1C3CE9E2-E430-4653-99A6-C24883D39DD5 (resized).jpeg1C3CE9E2-E430-4653-99A6-C24883D39DD5 (resized).jpegE89CAB32-FEFA-42E6-876A-353342C140F6 (resized).jpegE89CAB32-FEFA-42E6-876A-353342C140F6 (resized).jpeg
#2474 3 years ago

$10 mod for LE owners. Yellow T-molding in the back box.

I kept the original black T-mold but thought since the day we unboxed, the back box should be yellow.

0A21672D-8B5E-4D72-B5BF-F8985A466A5C (resized).jpeg0A21672D-8B5E-4D72-B5BF-F8985A466A5C (resized).jpeg2D5673EB-13E8-4445-938A-B971053C7DB2 (resized).jpeg2D5673EB-13E8-4445-938A-B971053C7DB2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2961 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought someone had posted a pic of a new mech with a groove in the subway now? My factory original hasn’t broke yet (only matter of time) but there’s no groove like the one I saw posted.

I added a groove at the end of the subway (in the plastic) to fix a problem I had. It's a different problem then most are having with the prongs. My issue was that the ball would sometimes get hung up at the end of the trough before the VUC. I used a small round file and made a groove like you see in your in-lane switch grooves.

#2962 3 years ago

I have TWO questions about alignments.

1. Black Panther outer loop returns used to hit the rubber on the exit post and cause random bounces, sometimes drains but NEVER would the ball go to the right flipper. Where is the Black Panther loop suppose to go? Right flipper or somewhere else? I bent our the lane metal and now ball goes to right flipper.

2. Magnet lock drop from Avenger's Tower rolls past upper right flipper and SDTM (drain between flippers) nearly all the time. I rotated upper right flipper clockwise and now the ball goes to left flipper. Where does a Avenger's Tower ball suppose to go? Left flipper?

1 week later
#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I sometimes get 2 balls served at once, not sure if this is a trough switch issue but if it keeps happening I will have a look. When it happens I can let a ball drain and the game carries on perfectly after that.

The only "glass off" stuck balls have been wedged under the gauntlet (once during a soul gem quest, argh).

You probably know this but in general when two balls are served it is normally your shooter lane switch which needs adjustment (90% of the time). Otherwise its you tough optos (not always going bad, sometimes balls that are magnetized will confuse the optos because they wont roll down to VUK).

I had the same stucky ball (under the gauntlet). I placed a piece of black foam between plastic and bottom of gaunlet.

Let's face it, this game is crazy during multi balls, and there's so many of them. That auto-launch is working over time and will certainly have some bad launches now and then. Make sure your auto-plunger is aligned (centered on a ball). You can also narrow the shooter lane (ramp area before gauntlet) with a long short piece of plexi/plastic to "guide" the ball straight. I haven't needed it on AIG but have used it on three of my other pins.

#3355 3 years ago

Anyone see the NEW Pinball Life AIG "post mod"?

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

For frustrated home users like me?

PBL-100-0120-00 (2)_220x300 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00 (2)_220x300 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00_300x199 (resized).jpgPBL-100-0120-00_300x199 (resized).jpg
#3380 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My manual plunge has the annoying behavior of hitting the plastic/ballguide right behind the THOR plastic (which causes it to not make it through the orbit). Only happens ~20% of the time, but it's annoying. The plunger looks dialed in. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions/tweaks to make the manual plunge more reliable? Thanks!

I adjusted my shooter rod last night due the same problem. I thought my rod was dialed in but was able to tune it a hair better and now manual plunges make it smoothly around the entire ramp to the right in lane, no issues. In my case I needed to slightly move the shooter rod assembly to the right. Before the fix, when I would push in on the shooter rod, the rod tip would not hit the ball on center. Lift the playfield, remove the two hex screws (I did not reinstall mine - they're used as locking screws only) and loosen the three main Philips screws - loosen them enough to move the shooter rod assembly left/right. I moved it, lowered playfield, tested, moved and tested until the ball would plunge smoothly to right inlane. Wish I would have done it sooner.

#3381 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

anyone see the shooter rod for sale yet>?

Cointaker has one.

2 weeks later
#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you, the problem was the tip of the plunger was not aligned well. i realigned the shooter housing and now it works.
here are images of the warping, it really affects gameplay (outlanes).[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the exact same issue originally noted by a Top 10 ranked player when playing my AIQ LE. I didn't want to believe it but as time went on it got a little more obvious. I'm not sure what to do. Have you contacted Stern? Have you sent them the pictures? I really don't want a new unpopulated playfield - that's a solution that will never make it in to the game. After a gazillion plays I guess I'm getting use to it - the warpage is part of the game.... but I refuse to accept it and am happy that maybe we can work together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,250 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckcasey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.