04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I have an LE in order. Can’t wait to get some time on it. I’ve never pulled the trigger on a game before playing it. Following IMDN and JP2, I knew it would sell out immediately. FOMO was strong on this one. Fingers crossed it’s as fun as I think it will be.

1 week later
#215 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Whatcha first-run Pro and LE owners got in mine for out of box adds or protectors?
A six pack and let it rip or ya’ll already got some plans?

Mylar in the shooter lane and new balls is all I have planned. Eventually I’ll add a plastic protector set and Titan rubbers,

#350 3 years ago

It looks like there’s a clear bubble in each of the frosted inserts. Maybe in lower light it’ll have a cool effect.
I’m going to reserve judgement until I see it in person.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ghostbusters
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
TMNT
Avengers
Id consider Maiden, Deadpool and Avengers my ZY trinity. Tmnt is beatiful but the gameplay hasnt clicked with me (yet)

Quoted from Eulenstein:

You forgot the Primus
No Avengers located in Germany yet

and Magic Girl

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Have to get a game out before this one goes in. Didn’t think it would come this fast!

Is that LE #420?

1 week later
#877 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I forgot to ask when I put the deposit down.
I’d imagine like $7700.

I hope premiums didn’t make that big of a jump. JP premiums were $7395 last month.

#1040 3 years ago

485 arrived yesterday. It’s a blast. The whole family played it a lot last night, which never happens.
I’ve purchased other NIB games with themes that the kids love, like Star Wars, Spiderman, and Jurassic Park, and they couldn’t care less.

#1041 3 years ago

Someone earlier asked about the post use on a premium/LE. The only time I’ve seen it used is when you collect a gem. The last shot to collect is the fat ramp. The ball is held there for a few seconds while the screen shows what gem you collected. Changing gem positions happens at the scoop.

#1054 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Mine is working good so far - only about 30 plays . It is a bit underwhelming as a feature . I think it needs a mirror in there . You can barely notice a ball going through , unless you stand tall while playing.
Seems to be hit or miss on problems or maybe one bad spot welder during a run.

I feel the same way. It defeats the purpose of the entire mech if you can’t see the ball move through it. I’m 6’2” and I can’t see it unless I lean forward.

You can definitely hear the mech moving the ball along though. It’s the loudest thing in the game. Hopefully they add a sound effect that coincides with the walker coil, so you don’t just hear the mechanical thump, thump, thump.

As far as stuck balls, I’ve only had 1 issue where the ball fell into the walker mech from the mystery hole. Ball search took 3 attempts before it moved the mech to find it.

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Can't seem to get my backbox to go all the way back, which means I can't bolt it in. I feel like I'm being dense but I've triple checked and no wiring in the way. Any ideas? This is only my second NIB Stern and first time I've run into such a thing. I do have an email into Stern.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar issue with a Metallica Pro. The issue was the hinges needed to be adjusted so the head would swing all the way back.
I would remove your back box hinges and see if the head goes all the way back. Then reattach the hinges with the head upright.

1 week later
#1653 3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the weld that broke in some of the subway assemblies? I haven’t had any issues with mine. But I would like to inspect the suspect weld. Thanks

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Check out post #643 best pic's of what broke !

Thanks! That is a terrible design flaw. All of the pressure is on the tip of a dowel...

This should’ve been a bolt imo.

8D1F7FD2-BEA2-4E3D-924C-ADEDBB9CE39D (resized).jpeg8D1F7FD2-BEA2-4E3D-924C-ADEDBB9CE39D (resized).jpeg
#1949 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

If you play a gem, but don't complete it, it stays out right?
And on the LCD, it just shows it not collected.
Wondering if there is a better way to keep track of every gem that is played and qualified to battle Thanos.

If I’m not mistaken the ones you fail go to Thanos and light up on the Gauntlet in the back right.

1 week later
#2353 3 years ago

Currently(.92) you can open the portal for a quest and still complete enough combos to qualify 1 additional portal lock before starting a quest.

I think it would be cool if you only locked a ball in that scenario, and the portal stayed open, making you shoot it again to start the portal quest. Then you’d have the opportunity to start a 2 ball quest right away or try to shoot more combos to qualify a second ball lock before starting the quest.

#2393 3 years ago

Is it the spacer on the left of the Sanctum?

5FB1448B-C62E-40D7-A60E-81DC664D7ADB (resized).jpeg5FB1448B-C62E-40D7-A60E-81DC664D7ADB (resized).jpeg
#2421 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

See I had taken the story differently, that the black order where retrieving the stones for Thanos and you where stopping them from getting the stones back to him.
Either way it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the snap somehow, match sequence maybe? It would be great for those who are mostly familiar with the movies to see that reference.

That’s how I interpret the story as well. If Thanos had the gems already, then the black order wouldn’t have them...

#2618 3 years ago

Anyone else start having issues with the ball walker mech after .93? Mine worked great until I put .93 in. Now it has to kick up and down a couple times to move it from the first to second stop.
Maybe just a coincidence and my walker needs adjustment.. is there a way to get .92 still to see if it works properly again?

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Ok my subway mech was working perfectly fine Before I just updated the new latest code and now its giving me problem on the last Third gate it won’t hit the ball up to the scoop.. is it just me ???? Dammm you stern. Looks like the last gate gets week and the mech doesn’t reach to hit the ball..

Mine is also causing problems after the .93 update. I haven’t tried adjusting yet.
If anyone has .92 link they can share I would appreciate it. Before I start messing with the mech I’d like to see if it’s ok in .92

1 week later
#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When I get into Super Disc the game seems to get caught in an unending loop where the shaker makes the disc move just a fraction so the game registers a very small (25K-100K) Super Disc award. That award causes the shaker to go off again, which causes the disc to move slightly again, which causes another small award, which causes the shaker to go off, which causes....
And it doesn't seem to stop. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm guessing there isn't any adjustment for it and the only thing they could do would be to change code so Super Disc doesn't give points for very small movements of the disc.

I experienced this for the first time after I installed .93. Maybe the issue has been there the whole time? Idk. I’m glad it’s not just me.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

After seeing the photo of the washer under the mystery scoop guide, I decided to have a look at mine...
Looks like the guide was tightened before the clear cured, so there's now an indentation, and a raised bubble.
What do you guys think?

Check both sides of the THOR captive ball for the same issue as well.

#3178 3 years ago

At first I thought you may have the link and not the file, but it looks the same as your .93 download and is the right file size.

I would download the SD image and install the update that way.

#3241 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone else got this? Have they changed the plastic? Look at Thanos’s head... on mine and on promotional material...

Looks like you have the plastic for the pro model on your game

EF97A4E8-BBF6-4F27-8BDF-27108B176723 (resized).jpegEF97A4E8-BBF6-4F27-8BDF-27108B176723 (resized).jpeg
#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

For those people having issues with the plunge rattling and not making it round the orbit/ramp or getting trapped underneath the pop bumper, I think I've found your problem, by accidentally creating it, then solving it.
I had the playfield up for the first time since playing over 500 games without issue, I just wanted to clean it and give the feed from the gauntlet ramp a little tweak.
When I lifted the playfield I noticed a nut missing from the guide.
So rather than going straight on Pinside to complain of the build quality I fitted a nut and tightened it down.
This now meant that the guide had no side to side play in it, and also inadvertently raised the guide higher further up the playfield.
When I put everything back together and played some games almost half of the balls from the auto plunge rattled and came back down the right orbit.
So I went back under the playfield and removed the nut. In the half dozen or so games I've played since no issues with the ball rattling.
As an aside it also means that there is a little give in the guide meaning that if you shoot the orbit slightly late it doesn't bounce off the guide as much and has more chance of making the shot.
I know some have added a washer under this peg to try and stop and pooling or chipping, in doing so it looks like you've created the problem
At no point has the autoplunge strength been changed from default. In fact I think lowering it much more than what it is would compromise the ability for it to make it all the way round the ramp.
I also slightly adjusted the wire guide from the gauntlet/side ramp and now have a near perfect feed to the flipper every time.
The only 'problem' I now have is the drop from the tower seems to be bouncing away from the flipper a bit more making the Hawkeye shot virtually impossible

My game doesn’t have a nut there either.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Can someone explain me what to do for purple and orange gem quests?
I didn’t understand the rules on tiltforum
Thanks to lmk

The purple gem (Space Gem) quest requires shooting the right orbit or the upper loop to light the left orbit. The left orbit is how you do damage.
You can just shoot right orbit>left orbit to win. Although you can multiply damage with the following combos.
Damage is multiplied by 2 if you shoot left ramp>right orbit>left orbit. Damage is multiplied by 4 if you shoot left ramp>right ramp>upper loop.

The Orange gem (Time Gem) requires shooting the left ramp and right ramp to light a roaming shot at the drop targets.
Damage depends on how many shots to the bank you miss before hitting the lit shot. 1st attempt 3x, 2nd attempt 2x, 3rd attempt 1x, after that the flashing target stops moving and when you hit it you will do 1/2x damage.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Purple powder looks great. The yellow on the LE is actually much nicer in person with the glitter
So why does the subway even do that gate to gate pass vs just showing the ball to side down via gravity into vuk?

The mech is only 1 coil that moves 2 sets of 3 fingers up an down. So 3 fingers have to be up at any given time. The only way it can move a ball through is to walk it through each stop.
The reason the stops exist is to stage locked balls via portal locks before starting a quest.

1 month later
#4317 3 years ago

Since updating to .95 I noticed after the match sequence the playfield light flicker like a SAM game without an led ocd board for a few seconds. Anyone else see this now?

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is the subway available during multi ball? I think it stays down once a multiball is started.

Not that I have seen. As far as I know, the subway is only used to start a mode or lock a ball, neither of which can happen during a multiball.
Removing the mech so it uses virtual locks shouldn’t affect the gameplay at all. Even the launch of virtual balls ends up going to the same flipper, on the same wire way, as it would with the VUK.

1 week later
#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Thank you! I had that thought but was unsure. Yeah going to call stern Monday as trough looks good!

I believe they are still only responding via email.

1 month later
#6047 3 years ago

Is there a 3rd mod option to mod the sanctum?
I’ve seen the sardine can and the 3d printed building. Both are better than the stock version, but I wish the building had an over head light and the sardine can keeps the standard plastic that makes the lit windows hard to see when a window is lit.
Anyone know of another option, or just a replacement plastic that I can use with the sardine can to get the best of both worlds?

1 week later
#6328 3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture underneath the playfield that shows which nut is supposed to be missing? I can’t seem to find it in this thread.

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

since I put an e-clips on the mech, never had this issue anymore
[quoted image]
even had to lower the power from 255 to 225

What does that e clip hold in place? It doesn’t look like it would keep the mech held in one spot
Is it just a little less slop?

#6359 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

I put on an e-clip so disassembly wasn't necessary, nevertheless the clip stays firmly in place.
The prongs cannot move right of left on the shaft anymore.
I guess a washer could do the same.
[quoted image]

Cool I’ll give it a try

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a setting where you can make the credits come up more frequently than every 20 cycles. I like the credits so much I set it to every 3 cycles!
I had been dealing with Eddie Yates on my disc/walking mech issue and it is cool to see his name come up!
By the way, does anyone know what gets your name on the high score list for “Black Panther champion”?? Also, what the heck is “super slings”?? I’m thinking it’s some kind of joke....or is it something real?

I was wrong. Answer is in the next post.

3 weeks later
#6720 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Question regarding the updated plastic for the subway.
Will that stop 2 balls from being hung up at the last location before the up-kick?

Yes

1 week later
#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Yep tried that but that I believe is for the ball lock behavior as it still did the slow walk through.

There is a setting to speed up the ball walker as well. I think factory is 1sec per stop

1 week later
#7005 2 years ago
Quoted from ToddSonOfOdin:

I just bought one which was done by Robert Stone. Quality and color are great. Not sure the name of the color but I’m sure he’d tell you. [quoted image]

Looks great! Robert does awesome work.

1 month later
#7352 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I have a shaker, anti-glare glass and the pinwoofer/subwoofer hookup. I will be ordering the Captain Marvel fix as well.
any other fun mods out there?

The only other mod I eventually added was a sanctum mod so I could see the extra ball light. mezel and pinmonk both have different options

#7385 2 years ago

My highest spin is 1481.25

Quoted from acefreemok:

What is everyone's spinning disc highest score? Mine is 1298, which I achieved on the very first day I got my pin. I doubt I've got even close since. Sometimes I really rip it and I am surprised that I don't even get close to my highest.

#7422 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Fluke makes awesome network testers. Would love to have one myself but can't justify it.
That said, how did he do that fix? I'm assuming you need specialized tools. I did see from my two broken mechs that the long horizontal bar just comes away from the main piece - so those two black bars holding it close is the obvious fix, and the fact that there are grooves already cut out in the main mech indicates to me that Stern already considered that, no?

It looks like he simply drilled and tapped 4 holes to mount the brackets, added some washers or a spacer for the right height, and screwed the brackets in.

1 week later
#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

2 questions my friends.
Will there ever be any more toppers available? First time I’m thinking of getting a topper.
Also wondered if the armor is there just for looks, or does it actually prevent (in time) cabinet fade from where sweaty hands rest? This is my first stern and first pin where I can add accessories. I got the art blades. Love those.

Cointaker shows them available, shipping now. I’m sure other distros have them as well.

2 weeks later
#7619 2 years ago

Soon little guy..
1839CF42-E0A1-4E2E-8F43-4F675783100D (resized).jpeg1839CF42-E0A1-4E2E-8F43-4F675783100D (resized).jpeg

#7653 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

OK, thank you for clarifying.
I tried many 'fixes' for this exact issue and finally found a full time repeatable, reliable solution to both manual and auto launch/plunge issues..
It should be a 'Key Post' for this topic, but I don't know how to do that. Give this a read and a try if you like.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

The thread OP would need to make it a key post.

3 weeks later
#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Installed the gem shooter rod today, really nice! But now it makes only skill shots. Unable to put the ball all the way up to the wireform and flipper. Is this normal? Or should i change the spring?

Swap it for a red spring. The spring that it comes with looked red when I got mine, but it’s much lighter than the red replacement I bought

#7913 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So guys played a pro yesterday and a premium Jurassic Park. I am not a huge Marvel fan but damn this pin was fun. I have a Monster Bash remake SE I was going to trade in towards JP, but after playing AIQ I am torn.
So if I go AIQ, pro or premium? Is the premium up charge worth it? Cabinet art is pretty badass. I do own Guardians now. JP is a blast also. Thanks for any feedback.

Both JP and AIQ are awesome games. Because of the theme JP gets a slight edge on AIQ for me. If I’m comparing gameplay alone it’s too close to call. They both have unique shots and fun rules that compliment each layout well.

Personally I think the extras on the premium are worth the money. The Capt Marvel ramp is so much fun to shoot. The pro spinner shot isn’t close to as satisfying.

#7963 2 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I'm clueless. What is the meaning of the dog used for the key chain plastic?

Its the designers dog, or his girlfriends dog. I can’t remember.

#7998 2 years ago
Quoted from Sk8terRIP:

Maybe check in Menu if there is a setting that lets you do that, like in JP where you can start the T-Rex mode without shooting in the mouth….

There is a setting to disable the portal. If it doesn’t open I would assume it’s that. Maybe the switch is being triggered by the disc raising somehow?

6 months later
#9353 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Hi y’all,
I’m having an issue in which the start button will not register presses. Sometimes it will only register less than 25%. I’ve checked the button and it looks good and is making good contact with the tab on the receiver, and depressing it fully. Is there a good test to determine where the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Check the spade connectors on the switch. If they are loose, you may be getting an intermittent connection. If any of them pull off easy, take pliers and squeeze the spade connector (while it’s off the switch) until it takes a bit of pressure to push the spade back on.

#9398 2 years ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Picked up my AIQ Premium and there is quite a bit info out there, but can someone give me the Cliff notes version on how the Subway portal locks should be working ?
I notice some times it's locking, other times it's just feeding balls down to the VUK and I'm ending up with multiball which appears to be way too often. Before I start just randomly troubleshooting, it appears that there is a quick answer what I need to be looking for. Thanks in advance !

Shoot combos to open the portal to lock a ball.
Spin the disc to open the portal for modes.
Any balls locked before a mode make that mode a multiball.

If the game is feeding the ball all the way to the end, and another ball is launched out of the shooter lane, you likely have a subway opto that needs adjusting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,199 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,924 (OBO)
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chubtoad13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=chubtoad13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.