IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4484 3 years ago

Well this kinda sucks - I've not had my premium for long, only maybe 30 plays or so and the CM ramp opto has stopped working. It doesn't register at all, and there's no led light on the sensor, which i guess means either no power getting to it, or the opto itself is screwed?

I've checked under the playfield, nothings worked itself loose or come undone - it was definitely working before so it's not any sort of initial build mistake. I have notified my distro who are in the process of sending me a replacement, but just wondered if anyone here knows of anything else I could check for an easy fix?

I've absolutely loved the game up to now - just can't wait to get it back up and running 100% again! Also just to say I've had 3 NIB Sterns in the last 12 months and this is the first time I've had any "serious" problem I couldn't fix immediately, so I'm still very happy with the NIB quality in general.

#4492 3 years ago

So I found my opto issue i think. I opened up the machine to take out the opto switch in readiness for the new one (the distributor AMD were amazing - have already sent a new one via overnight TNT).

I noticed that the opto wire was pinched really tight against the CM ramp and i needed pliers to free it. On taking out the wire it seems to have been half sheared - probably as a result of being pinched so tight, then the ramp movement probably ground it away a bit.

Hopefully the new switch works out - fingers crossed!

20210121_143206 (resized).jpg20210121_143206 (resized).jpg
#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You don't have to like it but games with moving parts need tweaking. Check any other owners thread and its the same story.

Totally agree with this ^^^. These machines have so many moving parts/variables and an infinite number of possibilities with regard to ball movement and physics. Broken parts or uniformly bad mechanisms that affect every owners is one thing but tweaks here and there for a minority of owners can't really be that surprising?

Perhaps I'm being too forgiving - but I wouldn't be that put out by having to make these sorts of adjustments.

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

So I found my opto issue i think. I opened up the machine to take out the opto switch in readiness for the new one (the distributor AMD were amazing - have already sent a new one via overnight TNT).
I noticed that the opto wire was pinched really tight against the CM ramp and i needed pliers to free it. On taking out the wire it seems to have been half sheared - probably as a result of being pinched so tight, then the ramp movement probably ground it away a bit.
Hopefully the new switch works out - fingers crossed!
[quoted image]

So, the new opto for the CM ramp turned up today - and after a pretty simple installation, the Avengers are now re-assembled!

Have to say - the local distributor here in Sydney (AMD Coin Op) were fantastic! I reported the problem yesterday, and a new part was sent out immediately along with an offer to have it installed by a technician. Luckily though my 10 thumbed, fairly incompetent hands were good enough.

Had another quick blast in between work meetings - damn this is a pretty special game...

1 month later
#5561 3 years ago

For anyone else who likes to add characters to their playfields (it's not for everyone I know), I've found that the Tomy Takara figures are great - good size, pretty subtle and great quality. I'm still deciding on the best placement for mine (hence the blu-tac blob on the feet).

20210210_120927 (resized).jpg20210210_120927 (resized).jpg20210210_120910 (resized).jpg20210210_120910 (resized).jpg20210210_120920 (resized).jpg20210210_120920 (resized).jpg20210210_121003 (resized).jpg20210210_121003 (resized).jpg20210210_121019 (resized).jpg20210210_121019 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

New SDTM
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)
What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

Awesome! Must admit to feeling somewhat ambivalent in the initial few days with this machine - but after a few weeks of picking up more of the rules and hitting some of the shots with a little more consistency it's now firmly set as one of my all time favourites, and I am in love with it!

It is so close to a perfect machine - crazy ramps/wireforms, smooth shots, an absolutely banging rule set, it looks absolutely stunning - the sounds/animations are the one thing a little lacking, but are improving with the code. For me it's an absolute smash by Elwin/Yeti again, they can do no wrong at the moment.

I'm keen to see your take on it.

1 month later
#7163 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hello,
I joined the AIQLE club today and have a couple questions I’m hoping people can help me figure out:
* I have the topper hooked up and double checked all the connections. The attached pictures show the 2nd gem not illuminating at all during gameplay and this is consistent not matter what is going on in gameplay or number of players. The light behind that gem does work as shown by the other pic - during gameplay and attract mode. Is this a coding issue with the topper?
* Does anyone have a LE with the stern side armor on it? I haven’t seen a full pic with them on an LE and not sure I like the look of the black armor…
Thanks for any input![quoted image][quoted image]

VirtualMayhem The gems only light as you win them during the game and this persists across games (it doesn't reset after each one). Once you get all gems lit on the topper you get a bonus "topper-only" mode - i think it's called gem-mania. Yours actually looks exactly the same as mine because I can NEVER win the space gem, so it's never lit...

1 week later
#7294 2 years ago

I think the music is fine. The call outs are actually ok too, as are the animations (I prefer these 2D style ones over 3D any day). The big problem is - there's just nowhere near enough of them. So as you are pinging the ball around there just isn't enough audio feedback - hence the general consensus that the music/callouts are lacking and make the game appear a little hollow, plus it gets a little repetitive audio wise.

Compare it to something like Deadpool, which has banging music, plenty of audio feedback when you hits shots and as far as call outs go - well I've had the game for over a year and I still hear new things! Amazing...

So for me, it just needs more of the same - which I reckon may still arrive in future code updates. That audio stuff aside though it's an absolutely amazing game, it shoots like a dream, has a superbly deep ruleset and yep the machine itself looks incredible.

#7372 2 years ago
Quoted from acefreemok:

What is everyone's spinning disc highest score? Mine is 1298, which I achieved on the very first day I got my pin. I doubt I've got even close since. Sometimes I really rip it and I am surprised that I don't even get close to my highest.

Holy heck really!? I've hit some absolute ripper shots at that thing - looks like its going to achieve lift off, but my top speed has only been about 800!

1 month later
#7823 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Nice!
Hopefully mine will be shipping any day now. I also ordered a topper, even though I told myself I never would because I think they are way over priced LOL!
Now I will have to keep an eye out for toppers for my other pins.

The problem with toppers is that not only are they horrendously overpriced, but once you have one installed, you realise they actually look pretty awesome and you have to get more. Yes they are aesthetic baubles, but damn they really do finish off a pin nicely...

In some cases, I'd actually go for the Tilttopper ones as they can be even better than Sterns efforts, plus a lot cheaper. Some of Sterns toppers are pretty cool though - GB, AIQ, DP, SW are all great, and their Black Knight one is just WOW. I almost want to buy the machine just to have that topper.

3 weeks later
#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I swore no mods on my game
I broke down and got the ant man mod after seeing the CM ramp fix
It’s sick
Looking at the tower mod and the tuna can for Dr strange from pin monk and the disk from pinhead
After Batman 66 I swore no more mods
[quoted image]

The tower and sanctum mods are brilliant - so much better than the stock plastics, I'd recommend them to everyone - they integrate so incredibly well, it's how the game should have come from the factory.

1 month later
#8667 2 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

The Marvel ramp is a hard shot. It's rejecting because you miss it.

Totally agree 100%, this is something I've never really understood as a criticism of this ramp. It's a tough shot, its certainly not supposed to be easy and you have to hit it pretty much dead on because the ball has to go vertically up and over. I haven't adjusted it or modded it - it just seems to me if it rejects it's because I simply didn't hit it accurately enough.

#8691 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Well, I said that this game is a love / hate relationship. Right now it is pure hate! I have now had the game 2 months and between 2 weeks and 6 weeks have been fantastic. Beat Thanos 3 times, several 1B+ games, etc. However, the last 2 weeks have been infuriating. All of a sudden it seems like I have magnets on my outlanes. It has always been outlane hungry but I learned to manage it with nudging and avoiding certain shots. The past 2 weeks, not so much.
Have others had long dry spells? Words of encouragement?

Not to sound happy about your misfortune - but I'm glad this is happening to someone else! Jeez, I go through this with all of my games I'll have a few weeks of nothing but absolute frustration where I can't seem to get anything going, then I'll suddenly have amazing games for a short while where every shot goes where it's supposed to. Avengers is definitely one game where this happens a lot. Well... I suppose that pinball for you!

I never really see on streams etc, but I wonder of the likes of Elwin, Kearns and the top players ever have like 10 absolute stinking games in row, give a loud, frustrated expletive and just turn the game off. Ha ha ha...

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Love this game! Stringing combos is so much FUN!
Stringing combos to start the game - on my way to defeating Thanos with all 6 gems, Computer Frenzy, Trophy Mania and 4.4 Billion! Won Battle Royale and Black Order Multiball. My second highest score to date.
[quoted image]

That's just pure class - there isn't much that can touch this game for combo flow when you are in that zone.

Unfortunately it's a zone I can rarely get into.

1 week later
#8771 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh Yeah! My best Soul Gem yet! Without using Mind Gem 76 Flips To Spare!

Did you miss any shot?

You have to use up 1 flip at the start because you can't backhand the right orbit from the right flipper. I'm sure someone must have worked out the absolute minimum number of flips required/maximum you can possibly spare?

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You don’t have to use a flip on the first shot… you can start with your right up nudge the ball to the left flipper to make the shot. Using a lit mystery can also get you an easy collection rather than shooting one you’re not good at… assuming the mystery scoop is an easier shot for you

Quoted from Eightball88:

Another way to save a flip or three is to graze the Thor shot on the right hand side ( enough to make the shot) and have the ball travel up the right orbit to make the flank attack, thereby achieving the drop target bank. I love it when that happens.

I hadn't thought of either of those! I always hit BW ramp on the first flip to get the ball to the left hand side.

The drop bank can be the biggest drain in flips, so when you can get that spotted (eg via the flank attack), it is pretty sweet.

It's a very nice mode with some cool little nuances... and hard mode is tough!

2 weeks later
#8895 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Such a long game to just miss my high score by 46 Million... 6.3 Billion!
Beat Thanos with all 6 Gems. Got past second Black Order Multiball. Trophy Mania Wizard mode.
Second game over 6 Billion and sixth over 4 Billion! 3 Balls, factory settings, Extra Balls on.

These really are some insane, next level scores - my highest is 850 million, and I had to have a lie down and a breather after that.

1 month later
#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Unbricked my UN and jumped back and forth between that and AIQ.. its still love, hate.. but its pretty killer when you get a roll going.

I do have the odd occasion where I think maybe this game just isn't for me any more, but then you have one game where you are totally in the zone and it suddenly becomes amazing again. It's the most odd out of all my machines - in that I just can't decide if it's simply an above average game, or a work of sheer unbridled genius.

#9081 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Took a quick video just now of a few attract mode scenes I added. The 1:28 mark starts gameplay and shows my new opening scenes and music. You can hear a replacement gameplay audio track, but notice it is lower than the stock audio tracks. Will revisit that audio importing now that I've upgraded to Pinball Browser 8 and see if anything changed.
Otherwise I'm very pleased with the videos I added, especially the Hulk Gamma hurry up (not shown) - WAAAAAY cooler than the stock Hulk eyeball animation. The Iron Man ball lock animations are so much better too.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DJ6nRgBuEfhrakZs7

That's some amazing work there - you should be working for Stern! The game is crying out for a full custom package like this.

1 week later
#9109 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

insight tonight about this game. The rule set is apparently polarizing, but it's hard to beat in a home environment. I noticed that the stacking potential on this game seems deeper than any other game I can think of. The possibilities are endless but here is my current favorite. Get time gem on black widow. Then sometime when you have two portal locks, queue up both Thor and IM multiballs. Start reality gem quest and one of the two multiballs. When you can take clean shots, take them but otherwise spam the hell out of the drops and mystery particularly during ball save time. Stack some timed modes and then spam black widow when you can to keep them all going. Trophies start racking up and then you may be near extra ball. Get some victory laps and opportunistic multiball jackpots and feel like a gosh darn king!

I keep telling people this - for gods sake, please don't sell it after 3 months of owning it! It's one of the best machines for home use in terms of learning ways to play it and rack up scores. You'll suddenly find ways of improving your game without realising, and open up new levels of play. I think for home use, the code is brilliant. Admittedly, it's too deep for a game on location, because you could never learn all the intricacies.

All this game really needs is an updated sound/animation package, and its almost the perfect home machine. I really wish Stern would just give it a once over in sounds/animations it definitely deserves to be polished a tad more.

1 month later
#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Hey guys, looking for a little help here:
My Captain Marvel ramp isn't registering balls any longer. During test mode when I place a metal screwdriver where the beam is and break the line I get no response from the Opto (however, the other options respond.
Does anyone have an order number for the Captain Marvel ramp optos?
And has anyone have had similar problems with the Captain Marvel ramp?
Thanks in advance.

Yep I had that opto go out too - about 2 weeks after my game was delivered. Turns out one of the opto wires was pinched between the ramp guide and the plastic, so as I played the game and caused a bit of movement, the wire eventually sheared in 2.

Luckily it was obviously still covered by warranty - the distro sent me a new opto switch overnight and I was back up and running within 2 days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.