IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cashmoney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There is a significant upgrade in sound quality in an LE over the regular no name Stern Pro/Pre speaker kit. Both the LE’s back box Kenwood speakers and the Goldwood 4ohm 8” subwoofer in the cabinet, create a more immersive sound. However, I like to install a 10” Hertz ES 250 subwoofer in the cabinet for an even greater bass performance, along with a bass amp to get the performance out of the Hertz sub. But the Stern LE upgrade is sufficient and quite noticeable.

Have you ever used the Flipper fidelity speaker kits? I’m curious on if those are a good upgrade for the price?

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Whatcha first-run Pro and LE owners got in mine for out of box adds or protectors?
A six pack and let it rip or ya’ll already got some plans?

Shaker motor is a must have IMO so I have that on order.

I also ordered Titan flipper rubbers, new Ninja balls, a PinMonk quiet power supply fan, and the PinMonk Flipper coil cooking kit.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where can one find these clear rigid shooter lane protectors? Pinball life doesnt seem to have them.

I emailed Cliff over at Cliffys protectors and he said he's waiting for the specs of the machine and then he will have a nice shooter lane protector ready to sell. These are excellent shooter lane protectors, I have them on all of my machines.

Dan

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

LEs next week, Pros the week after that.

Thats different than what my distributor told me. LE's ship out next week then Premiums will be next, Pro's will be shipped out last. This model makes more sense to me since the people who pay more get their machines earlier.

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I received word from my distributor and Stern, that my Premium is confirmed for Mid-October.

Yup, which makes sense with how the LE's are shipping out next week. So Premiums would have to be next on the line lol...

#296 3 years ago

So I played a few games on the Pro model today and IT IS AWESOME!!! The ramps are smooth and layout is probably Elwin's best to-date. I kept hitting the banana ramp for increased multipliers and it was a blast! A little polish on the code and this is an easy "game of the year" winner IMO.

I will say that I'm glad I went in on a Premium. Not having the Dr. Strange portal really changes the game play... The pro is still great but you can tell Elwin intended this game to be played on a Premium/LE. Can't wait for the game to land on my doorstep.

Dan

IMG_4098 (resized).jpgIMG_4098 (resized).jpg
#500 3 years ago

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?

Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.

Dan

#518 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#850 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

Anyone heard a thing about the ETA for Premiums as of late?

Just got an email from my distributor that they're still set to ship mid to late October. Hopefully the all of the issues we've been seeing with the LE's are worked out by then...

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone else want Stern to steal the lighting effect JJP have for their spinning disc on GnR? Love the way the lights spin with the disc on GnR, would be awesome to have that effect on AIQ more lightshows the better!!

Yes! I totally agree! Maybe a nice set of Pinstadiums will suffice?

We could email them and see if they can code it so it syncs with the disc?

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Anyone get a ship confirmation on a Premium yet? I haven’t yet but it has to be soon I hope

Just got email confirmation from JJ at game exchange that Premiums are now shipping!! Woohoo!!

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Hulk strongest ever!!!

YOU’RE NOT STRONGEST! HULK STRONGEST!!

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Anyone hearing anything on Premiums being shipped out yet, is hoping next week just wishful thinking, this is getting to be a tough wait!

Just got confirmation from my distributor that my Premium will be shipped next Tuesday or Wednesday.

#1526 3 years ago

Link to Cliffys basic protection set for AIQ:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#1783 3 years ago

Joining the club with my premium that arrived today! Big shoutout to JJ and Rob over at Game Exchange of Colorado for making this happen! Couldn’t be happier with the service I received, these guys are top notch, I highly recommend.

Always better to have your game before the rest of your buddies am I right?!

1565D1A7-B6A4-4250-BDBE-A59F829427B8 (resized).jpeg1565D1A7-B6A4-4250-BDBE-A59F829427B8 (resized).jpegA20E90FA-49A4-44BC-AE4A-C60F93E17AFF (resized).jpegA20E90FA-49A4-44BC-AE4A-C60F93E17AFF (resized).jpeg
#1791 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Happens to me almost every game
See my post here
Since taking the pics, I’ve noticed “why” that ball sits just at the edge of the subway before the VUK ... it’s because the subway is allowing two balls next to each other past the last set of fingers, one is free to drop in the VUK, while the second just sits there as it’s past the fingers and has no momentum to move
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/31#post-5914310

Just got my premium today and noticed the same issue... that last ball doesn’t have enough momentum to get through the portal. Hopefully someone figures out a fix for this as I have to tilt the game just to get the ball out. Maybe shaving down the end of the subway so there’s more of a drop?

Only other issue I’ve found is the game gives away two ball multi balls when it shouldn’t. If I lock a ball for a portal lock and another ball for a quest, it immediately puts me in a two ball multiball. I’m still on the .91 code so hopefully the .92 code fixes this! Loving the game and I’m 100% sure this is Elwins best game to date.

#1817 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still waiting for mine.
For those who already get their game, would you say tunnel is a great feature?

I played both the pro and premium (I own the premium) and I would say the portal is a huge upgrade. The captain marvel ramp is the most satisfying shot to hit to me besides the hulk spinner during game ray mode. These two differences perseuded me to upgrade to the premium on this title. The pro is still a great choice, but it just feels lacking without these 2 elements in the game. J

ust my 2 cents.

#1818 3 years ago
Quoted from seger10494:

I was a little surprised that the game shipped with the outlane posts at the easiest position. Anyone else move theirs already?

I believe Keith Elwin said this is the "normal" setting for the game on a podcast or stream. But of course, if you really want a challenge then move those posts up!

#1823 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just updated to .92 and my Dr Strange disc has stopped working.. it just stays up. Diagnostics doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure of cause.. anyone else have that issue?

I would re-download the code again and try updating. I saw on a Youtube video somewhere that it sometimes takes a couple tries for the code to transfer correctly.

#2103 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Noticing some wear one both edges of the Ant-Man (mystery) scoop.
Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.
Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

1. I haven't noticed any wear on the ant man scoop after about 100 plays. Cliff is currently getting his "basic protection" set right now. Once he's done with that he said he would work on the scoops and spinner.

2. I've had a few SDTM drains from the Captain America shots. You really have to nudge the machine as soon as it comes out of the pops in over to avoid drains. This still isn't a bad as the balls getting stuck in the Subway/VUK.

#2152 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, same thing has happened to me a couple times in multiball where two balls get together between two fingers in the subway and the game loses track of them, then I drain and it takes a few cycles of ball search to find it. The balls get kicked apart from each other and then they march toward the VUK to come into play. I haven't seen it actually happen to notice if it's an issue with a ball scooting around a finger or a timing thing. Happened again last night too.
I'm really, really having fun playing this game. Had a game last night where I got 5 gems and over 500M. Brought 2 portal locks into at least two of the quests and had the Soul Gem early too but screwed up my shots trying to collect any Soul Gem jackpots or my score would have been a lot more. It's a lot of fun deciding where to put gems based on what you've already got and what you're thinking about going for next. And don't even get me started about how great it feels to shoot so many smooth 3 and 4 shot combos during a game.

EaglePin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back about the solution.

#2168 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Which way did it roll around the finger (above it or below it from the player's view)? This might not be ideal of course, but could small cabinet bumpers that we use to prevent stuck balls be put there to force the ball to roll against the finger and stop instead of going around? Just an idea.

The ball rolled below it from the players view. It just came in super hot and the first finger could not stop it.

My distributor already got back to me and said they forwarded my email to Pablo at Stern. I'm confident Stern will come up with a solution. If enough of us voice the problem then they will find a solve for the issue. I'm still super happy with the premium version. The portal lock/subway and captain marvel shot easily justify my decision on spending up.

#2169 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I agree. I'm usually a Premium buyer, but the AIQ Pro doesn't feel stripped down at all (the only interesting feature to me as the Captain Marvel ramp). I've been told Stern hasn't been building many AIQ Premiums...they are focusing much more on Pro production.

Thats interesting because Zach Meny said on his podcast that he was selling Premiums over Pros 5 to 1 and he's a huge distributor... Seems to be conflicting data.

#2242 3 years ago

When people ask about the ball flying off the rail as if comes across the playfield:

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills (resized).jpgi-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills (resized).jpg
#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What's the general strategy on collecting and levelling the avengers? Is that something I should go for before starting gem quests or should I just kinda let the avengers collect/level as a natural part of playing?

Here's a great video from Raymond Davidson explaining strategy. I highly recommend it if you don't feel like reading a 25 page rulesheet.

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

I am loving the Battle Royale Challenge Mode, great way to dial in all the shots in the game. Are there any substantiated rumors about Stern selling a WiFi plug in and creating online head to head gameplay?
These “Challenge Modes” would be perfect for that type of experience.

I believe George Gomez is on record saying that WiFi capability is coming soon for newer Sterns!

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

What’s the best way to upgrade speaker system on premium? Guessing there is already a Spike 2 upgrade from pinballpro? What’s the best?

If you’re going to upgrade the speakers then go with pinwoofer. It’s the best speaker system and it’s only a couple hundred more. Best bang for your buck.

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow that’s something I haven’t seen before!
What washers are people using under ball guides I have some very minor pooling around the guide just in front of my Ant-Man VUK so want to raise the guide ASAP!

Someone else mentioned these a while back. 1/4” black fiber washers.

7EDEFDAD-75D4-4F13-B148-A67DB8866128 (resized).jpeg7EDEFDAD-75D4-4F13-B148-A67DB8866128 (resized).jpeg
#2661 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got my AIQ Premium Wednesday afternoon, build date 10/28/2020. Finally got around and setting it up this weekend, including the new side art variation from TiltGraphics without the characters on it. I originally purchased the side art with the characters on it, however upon receipt they just didn't look right, in particular Scarlett Witch. Asked Tiltgraphics if they could make this art without the characters and they said they could, and here is the result. Looks fantastic, blends in with the playfield and plastics art perfectly. Looks even better than the Stern side art IMO.
Only issue my pin has had so far is the return wireform to the right inlane that feeds from the shooter/orbit is bent upward at the bottom, and a slow roller or bounce back will get caught on the ramp. Going to have to uninstall it and bend it straight. Also checked out the subway and mech, and they have changed the subway plastic so that the channel goes all the way to the VUK now, eliminating the hangup point.
Just waiting on the Stark Tower from Mezel and the Thanos from Modalorian. Hope that Mezel will also make a Pym Building for over the VUK area......
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Any way you could send us some pics of the updated Subway mech? I asked my distributor for one a while back and haven’t heard anything yet... would help to have some pictures. I still have the issue of the ball getting stuck after the last finger of the subway.

#2678 3 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Is pro good enough on this one (eg Iron Maiden) or premium needed (eg Ghostbusters)?

I played both the pro and the premium and I felt that the Pro was lacking. The portal lock and Captain Marvel ramp were enough of a difference that I felt the upgrade to premium was necessary. I also love the Pym labs scoop, it adds a little breather for me and feeds directly to the right flipper which is nice.

This isn't like TMNT were the was basically no difference in game play. There are things in the premium/LE that have that "wow" factor. Whenever I have guests over they abosutley are amazed with the Captain Marvel ramp and love the idea of the underground subway.

This game is definitely a winner and you can't go wrong with any of the models. Just my 2 cents.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is a pic of the subway exit going to the VUK. You can see where they now have slotted out the whole ball channel, where before there was only slots for each metal finger to move.[quoted image]

Thank you! I have forwarded this picture to my distributor to get a replacement Subway mech for my AIQ Prem.

Its been 2 weeks since my original request email and I have heard nothing. I will keep the group updated on my progress.

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I got my new wall lock assembly and haven’t had any issues with the ball getting stuck. The finger at the end goes down more, think it might have been catching the ball with the original mech. Mine showed up in a few days, great service from cointaker. I emailed stern and they said to work through the distro.

This is great! Thanks for sharing. Not sure why it’s been hard to get my new subway mech.. my distributor has been great and very responsive and they’ve been emailing a guy named Pablo at Stern so sounds like the holdup has been with Stern...

#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Checked with my buddy. October 28 build date. No handle.
His subway is different from mine. There is a slot cut at the end where it meets the VUK to keep the ball centered. Mine is solid and sometimes gets hung up at the VUK.

This is why I had to contact my distributor to get a new Subway. Stern will send you a replacement one. I just got confirmation today.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is this “pro active “ or does it have to have broken ?

If your ball is getting stuck there then it’s basically a defective subway. You are entitled to get the newly updated one but you have to reach out to your distributor.

Several others have done this as well. I’m just tired of balls getting stuck down there...

#2779 3 years ago

Here are some before and after pics of Mods for my Premium. They include the Sanctum, Avengers tower, and ramp LEDs. Before and after pics.

305D1875-98C2-46E0-888F-D3C460385381 (resized).jpeg305D1875-98C2-46E0-888F-D3C460385381 (resized).jpeg34893CB7-4AB7-4F48-8440-A69B06B7EEF1 (resized).jpeg34893CB7-4AB7-4F48-8440-A69B06B7EEF1 (resized).jpeg393E7DD9-0C9C-4185-87EF-C957A6064F66 (resized).jpeg393E7DD9-0C9C-4185-87EF-C957A6064F66 (resized).jpeg91AC2ED5-3CCF-419B-998D-56069F2A191B (resized).jpeg91AC2ED5-3CCF-419B-998D-56069F2A191B (resized).jpegF09F3EEB-41D6-4546-B6D2-1A93DDBBB9FF (resized).jpegF09F3EEB-41D6-4546-B6D2-1A93DDBBB9FF (resized).jpeg
#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Testing placement of Captain Marvel on her ramp. Solid one piece design in the same costume as she appears on the playfield. This simple $4.00 addition looks factory, and not like adding a toy action figure. Perfect size for mounting to the plexiglass. Find them on eBay.
[quoted image]

Looks great! How did you go about mounting it? Velcro?

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

My game did not have a rubber on this post. I ended up putting a blue one on. Do other machines come with no rubber on this post?? Thanks everyone.
[quoted image]

There’s no rubber on this post, no machines have it. I even checked the operations manual to double check that it wasn’t missing. There’s no rubber listed here, I would take it off.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How do you intentionally start super disc and super gauntlet? The rules are starting to fall in place but I’ve activated these 2 unintentionally a few times now.
And out of curiosity how many games has everyone put on their AIQ so far? I’m up to about 450 and half that time I’ve been away from home due to work.

When you make a bingo on the Vision computer grid. Its a huge part of the game. You'll notice Elwin and Davidson talk about stacking these modes with the quests and multiballs to rack up massive points.

I've put about 200 plays on my machine. The only issue I've hadd is balls getting stuck in the subway.

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a YouTube of Karl deangelo setting this up and achieving a two flip soul gem quest. 84 flips remaining if I recall correctly. I’ve been trying hard to do the powered up avenger with the mind gem strategy but can only get close. I end up starting soul gem before I can get the appropriate avenger powered up.

The goal is to get a specific avenger fully powered up and then place the mind gem on it correct? Then that would spot you 3 shots in soul gem?

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For this you don't want the Avenger fully powered up. If you fully power up the Avenger to Level 2 then the Mind gem only gives you one use (although that use is a big boom that works on all active shots on the playfield). If the Avenger where the Mind gem is placed is at Level 1 then you get 3 uses of the Mind gem for a single active shot anywhere on the playfield. And I think the Avenger has to already be at Level 1 when you place the mind gem there, otherwise it will only have its base power which only works on the shot where the gem is located.

Thank you! This is very helpful. Those 3 spotted shots are super beneficial in soul gem mode.

#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from broada:

My premium has the two rubbers, and the effect is that lower one sticks out a smidge and serves to nudge the ball towards the left flipper. Seems to work well this way.
Also here is the associated page from the premium/LE service manual. The playfield drawing shows two rings, even though the table shows just one 3/16” ID ring,
(Note for folks replacing rubbers: I noticed that the kits added on Titan Pinball’s ring database usually had just one 3/16” ID ring, so just make sure you order two.) [quoted image]

This is strange because on my premium I either get a SDTM drain or I catch it with the tip of my right flipper and then the ball goes haywire and the slingshots send it into the outlanes for a drain...

Maybe it’s an adjustment to the outer metal ball guide? Was going to mess around with this when I had time. I was watching Ray day’s twitch channel and all of his balls go nicely to the left flipper. Same with Deadflip who’s using Elwins premium

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

After seeing the photo of the washer under the mystery scoop guide, I decided to have a look at mine...
Looks like the guide was tightened before the clear cured, so there's now an indentation, and a raised bubble.
What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I’d get a washer under it ASAP. Looks like it was tightened down too hard...

1 week later
#3289 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’m ignorant, what is RAM?

Rick and Morty

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Is he playing on a Pro by choice, I wonder? Better for competitive play?

No, Ray said he's waiting on a Premium from Stern, but they have to ship everyone else's Premiums first before he can get his.

Both versions would be great for tournament play.

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Just found out my Premium won't be in until maybe the last week of December. Anyone else in the same boat and waiting?

I have a buddy that ordered a Premium from Flip N Out and he threw down a deposit the first week AIQ was launched. He still hasn't received his machine and was quoted mid-Novemner. Stern must be super backed up.

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Finally starting to get my head wrapped around the rules on this thing, and from that Raymond stream the other day, it looks like part of the strategy is combos->portal locks->gem quest MBs->powered up avengers->more effective gems. Easier said than done, but now that I have a handle on what you actually have to do for most of the modes (which the game doesn't do a great job of calling out right now), it's easier to concentrate on scoring better/progressing more. Still trying to dial things in though. I've noticed a few things:
-The CM ramp is *just* making it around the loop on a clean shot most of the time. Still getting rejects off it more than I'd like. Stock rubbers and settings (flippers ship at 255), and around 6.8 pitch. The up/down play on the left flipper seems fine actually (not too tight to the PF). I suspect this is by design, but having not played another premium/LE yet, I can't say for sure.
-Anything coming off the right orbit (towards the BP ramp) is very close to SDTM. Same with the exit from the pops. Again, both seem intentional.
-The release from the tower also seems to head SDTM, but what's odd is that sometimes it will trigger a ball save, and not at other times. I think if you lock a ball, there's a short ball save after it drops, but not on a hawkeye challenge or a MB jackpot.

This is a great strategy, I use something similar as well with my main focus being on the Time Gem as it adds time to timed modes and adds time to ball saves for MBs and quests.

The rejects from the right BP ramp should go nicely to your left flipper and dead flip to your right flipper. I can’t seem to make this work on my premium, but Ray Day seems to make it happen with no issue on his pro on streams. This is huge for gaining ball control and a major miss on Sterns part... This is my only issue with the game after they fixed the subway.

SDTMs from the pops happen about 20% of the time on my premium. If I’m focused I can get a decent nudge when the ball is coming out of the pops to avoid SDTMs.

The ball save from the portal locks/Avengers tower was added in a later code update. It’s very helpful.

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Took another pass at the game last night, and found that the SDTM from the right was coming when the ball followed the right rail, but missed the post/rubber at the bottom of it to bounce it left a bit. Bent the rail a little and it seemed to make a difference.
Also double checked the CM ramp with the glass off, and just shot it over and over to see what happened. I think the "clean" shots that I thought should have made it weren't. Basically, if you hit the sides of the ramp at all, you'll lose enough momentum to not make the ramp. Made probably 20/35 shots during this test, so I'm pretty confident that you can at least hit it from a cradle. On the fly is going to depend on bounce-if the ball is even slightly above the flipper, power transfer isn't going to be enough to make the shot.
I also changed the pitch slightly to 6.9/7.0, and it seemed to play better (CM loop went around faster). Go figure.

Thanks for the update! Which way did you bend that BP rail? Towards the right side of the PF, or to the left side of the PF? Does you ball bounce off the rubbers now after you've bent it? Or does it skip the rubbers altogether and go to the left flipper?

#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Right, towards the outside of the PF. Now the ball bounces off the rubber at the bottom more consistently and hits the left flipper.
One other thing I haven't figured out (and might need to take the glass off to do)-if you have a score multiplier on a gem quest, that only takes effect while there are multiple balls in play (e.g. you go from 3x to 2x after the first ball drains), but what about starting another MB while you're in a MB gem quest? Will this recover your multiplier and open victory laps back up? E.g. say you're on a 3 ball gem quest (3x) and drain one ball (2x), but then start Thor MB-are you at 2x, or back up to 3x? Same idea if you're down to one ball-can that revive your portal MB?

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

I've also wondered this! But so far, if you lose your portal locked balls and gain a MB. You do not qualify for 2x or 3x scoring... The same goes for victory laps. The way I understand it is you have to think of them as separate modes if that makes sense.

#3474 3 years ago

So I found this white, foamy, piece rolling around in the middle of a game today. Anyone know what it is or belongs to?

I thought it was a piece of plastic at first but it’s definitely not that...

FD3FAD5F-C3A0-4755-A5D3-A73BB7DD60C9 (resized).jpegFD3FAD5F-C3A0-4755-A5D3-A73BB7DD60C9 (resized).jpeg
#3492 3 years ago

Mirror side blades from Cointaker installed. Pics don’t do it justice, such a great mod for the price.E3607561-AC5B-4B4C-B30F-6225A9E3629D (resized).jpegE3607561-AC5B-4B4C-B30F-6225A9E3629D (resized).jpeg59404C95-0177-4335-9E64-5F8936A72099 (resized).jpeg59404C95-0177-4335-9E64-5F8936A72099 (resized).jpegBA2B9FF0-9BC0-464C-A2D8-83A073AB022B (resized).jpegBA2B9FF0-9BC0-464C-A2D8-83A073AB022B (resized).jpeg

#3497 3 years ago

Finally received the updated subway mech from Stern today. Thought I’d share with the group. Took a little over a month.2FF1DF17-8CB3-46A6-91C5-D88131CBE1EC (resized).jpeg2FF1DF17-8CB3-46A6-91C5-D88131CBE1EC (resized).jpegC3535C9E-A720-48AF-8507-AD7E1E524D52 (resized).jpegC3535C9E-A720-48AF-8507-AD7E1E524D52 (resized).jpeg

#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's a subway, not the mech
What was your issue?

Yes, you are correct, just the subway.

My issue was balls getting stuck right before the antman plunger. It only happens in MB when multiple balls go into the Antman scoop. This updated subway solves that issue.

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Mine does the same thing, constantly. Drives me nuts! How did you get stern to send you one? I tried getting one and was shipped the walking mechanism, not the subway plastic. Took more than a month to get that. Sent it back. Stern’s customer service is very hit or miss.

I was told to always go through your distributor when dealing with issues. They are the ones that have the direct connection with the technicians at Stern so usually you will get a faster response. Send them a copy of the subway part I showed and that should help.

#3523 3 years ago

I guess the launch of a new title this month is really going to delay things.

#3528 3 years ago

Are we ever going to get an Adam Warlock coded into the game? He's featured on the PF but there's nothing in the game that references him... very strange. A mini-wizard mode would be cool.

#3530 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Plus, no Thor on the premium translite...what’s up with that? Unless I’m missing something.

Haha yes, I was thinking about that too...super weird.

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Hi everybody,
Just in the club since Thursday with an Avengers Premium from October
So fun game !!!
Got three issues at the begining :
The right ramp was above the right slingshot so the ball doesnt get out of the ramp !! (So i put the ramp a little more on the other side and now ok ).
One led is missing neare the right flipper .... (no led in the support, quality control missing...)
An other problem , when the ball goes into the antman hole, sometimes she goes into the tunnel and get stop inside !!! I have to nudge the pinball to get it out and getting back in the antman hole (vuk). How can i solve this problem ?
I made a video of this. " https://photos.app.goo.gl/XM56ftHZuw15gFkZ6 "
Thanks for help
(I install the shaker, definitevely a blast with the thor multiball)
[quoted image]

Refer to my post from earlier about getting an updated subway from Stern, they will send you a replacement which is updated and solves this issue.

#3670 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Loving my Avengers and respectfully asking - any idea when the BATTLE THANOS mode will be added back in the game? Curious to see Adam Warlock in the game as well. Happy Holidays everyone and wishing you all good health, prosperity, happiness and peace.

I’ve been waiting for some kind of Adam Warlock mode as well. He didn’t just make it onto the playfield by mistake lol.

Cmon Stern, we know you read these threads!! Give the people what they want!!

#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks, it didn't help. But i found a small weldseam or something similar right before the inlane/flipper transistion which i sanded.
the feed is now perfect and i feel like it helps, because sometimes it gave the ball a tiny hop which i saw under slow motion.
however, i think the main reason is simply a too early flip taking away momentum of the ball. its like the flipper hits the ball a littlebit.
sorry for the long gif, check out the moment when the ball hits the base of the flipper.[quoted image]

How long after you've been playing does this happen? If you've been playing for over 2 hours then I suspect it may be flipper fade. Have you tried PinMonk 's flipper coolers? I put a set on my AIQ and I haven't had any problems with weak shots since.

As awesome1 stated, it's easier for me to combo black widow with captain marvel since the return is faster with marvel than it is with BP. It comes down to physics ant he velocity the ball is traveling at.

#3818 3 years ago

Code update has nothing for Adam Warlock...Sigh....

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i think the consensus about pitch was 6.8, 6.2 seems much to low and it wouldn't make fun for me.

I'm at 6.5% and its perfect with no issues.

I usually have all of my machines at 6.5% or a close as I can get to that.

#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

I would say it’s down to AIQ and JP. DP is a super fun game but it’s one you can play on location or at a friends house. The shots are easy and the code isn’t very deep... if you’re and average or above average player, you’ll get bored easily.

We had a JP at my work office for about 6 months and I played the snot out of it. JP is a very fun and challenging game but I started to get bored with it after that-as well. It’s very vertical in terms of the path you choose.I’d probably own one again at some point but I’m not in a hurry lol.

AIQ code is some of the best I’ve ever played and it’s not even done yet. The paths you can choose to get to Thanos seem endless. Raymond Davidson did a great job with the computer grid code and it makes this game so great. Once you play a gem quest with a multiball and 1-2 times modes all at the same time you’ll realize that this game is amazing and has all of the staying power you could ever want in a game. The shots are the best I’ve ever played, hands down. There is no competition when it comes to AIQ shots.

Just my 2 pennies.

#3968 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What’s everyone’s solution for this mega obvious ball trap???? Can’t believe they haven’t picked up on this at the factory. Happening almost every multiball with me.[quoted image]

Post #2056

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/42#post-5931032

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

How are owners feeling as far as immersion goes when playing at home? I am super intrigued by the shots on this game - I adore ramps and combos, and the long, flowing layout here is calling out to me. The choose-your-own-adventure style of the modes and gem placement also helps me feel like there will be some longevity, especially for a relatively average player like myself. But when I watch streams or dabble with the Surrogate.tv hookup, I can't help but feel let down by the music and callouts. The general tone of the machine just feels heavy and overly serious, whereas I tend to prefer a machine that's a little more energetic and upbeat (see Deadpool, IMDN).
Is there anyone here who is an owner that was kind of on the fence like me but took the plunge anyway? I know I can always wait for more code, but I haven't seen much in terms of musical engagement in previous updates so I don't have my hopes up there. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Every code update on this machine has added more sounds and callouts and we are only on code version 0.95.

The music is what it is, I wouldn't except anything new there.

Just be patient, I'm sure there will be more coming out in the new updates. The overall rulesset and playfield layout is a 10/10 IMO so I'm extremely happy with my purchase, no regrets.

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Best 2 mods for this game! they look a million times better and solves a few of issues. The plastic that always breaks, the angle of the plastic, and the cheap looking plastics that make the buildings. [quoted image]

Yup both mods are absolute must haves IMO. They both work great after Mezel mods fixed the issues with them.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My worry with the Mezel Sanctum is that it still sits on top of that floppy pop plastic. It's just going to wobble around there. We need someone to design a replacement pop plastic, or just a piece that sits between the one way gate on the left and the post on the rigt - then the plastic can sit on top of that.

I’ve had the Mezel sanctum on my pin for a while now and after 500 plays I haven’t had any issues.

#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Would keep Maiden and dump JP for AIQ. Have known way too many people that sold IMDN and regretted it, ended up getting another. Maiden is also out of production and may be difficult to get ahold of in the future, JP is still in production.

THIS! I second this!

I have IMDN and AIQ and they will never be leaving.

#4202 3 years ago

Oh wow, I had no idea this was even an issue.

#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Mirror blades look really sharp!
[quoted image]

I second mirror blades, they look amazing on this machine.49FCD03D-BD98-4C81-BDD6-F3928B5BAC46 (resized).jpeg49FCD03D-BD98-4C81-BDD6-F3928B5BAC46 (resized).jpeg07972E86-B49A-48C3-88C6-5132A006BBFF (resized).jpeg07972E86-B49A-48C3-88C6-5132A006BBFF (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.

Yes I called that the “RayDay Combo”. He exploited that combo for 7 billion and in the next code update it was gone

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

looking for protectors for this game: cliffys, playfield, etc. I am located in Canada.
Where do you guys get your stuff?

Cliffys and plastic protectors from Mezel Mods is all you really need. Playfield protectors are not necessary and change the way the game plays.

1 week later
#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I'll list here all the little things that I would like to see evolve in the game code. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and, like most of us, I think the layout and the art are stellar. The rules, as they are, are also very good. But, here are my gripes:
The Musics:
Hawkeye Challenge, Victory Laps and Thanos Theme are generic tunes and aren't as epic as they should, for a quest.
Ken Hale has made some pretty good electronic tunes for Stranger Things, this style would have fit perfectly on Avengers Infinity Quest also. There's not enough variety in style and not enough tracks in AIQ, making the music package the weak point of the machine. This sounds a lot like the Stern's Jurassic Park sound package, also composed by Ken Hale (minus the John Williams original theme), which isn't a reference for me.
The Modes:
Thanos must be more present in the game. Thanos Battle mode is a great thing (when it'll return) but most of us won't see it anytime soon. There should be an intermediate, accessible mode, where he attacks the Avengers.
The Features:
The Snap of Thanos should be in the game, the direct effect on the game could be the loss of 50% of the collected Avengers.
The Main screen:
As most of us think, it looks empty. It could contains more informations and/or the collected Avengers, animated and busy in the control/trophies room.
The Quests:
Mind Gem, Time Gem, Power Gem, Reality Gem, Space Gem backgrounds are taken from the animated serie "Avengers Assemble" season 1. They look blurry, pixelated, low res and somewhat generic. Furthermore, why the same city background is used in 3 of the 6 quests? The locations should be more varied. Please add a spaceship (Q Ship), an ancient temple (Necropolis and Atlantis). There are a ton of fantastic backgrounds in the Infinity comics, drawn by artists like Mike Deodato Jr, Jim Cheung, Stefano Caselli or Leinil Francis Yu, they would fit perfectly. I'm pretty sure the animation team at Stern could also make better backgrounds than the provided ones. I love the fight and thumbnails animations. A great effort has been made on effects and particles.
Ironman Multiball:
Please insert an Inronman logo on the start screen (like Thor Multiball start screen or Dr. Strange disc feature).
The Match Screen:
It looks uninspired for me. The hulk animation and city background are already used in the Power Gem mode. The Infinity Gauntlet and a finger snap could be used here. A vertical scrolling could make appear the gauntlet. If the Gauntlet is on the arm of Thanos, no match. If it's on the Nebula's or Warlock's arm, then it matches.
The Easter Eggs:
Pip the troll could make a great Easter egg, appearing like Ed Boon in Mortal Kombat, as a popup animation.
Wanda and Vision could be another one great Easter egg opportunity.
The Voices:
I think they do the job, but why the members of the Black Order have nearly no voices?
Characters:
Where is Adam Warlock in the game?

You hit all of the major points with this post, well done!

I’ve been asking for Adam Warlock from day 1! Why put him on the playfield if you’re not going to include him in the game??

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I hope everyone with an LE/premium is enjoying their game, but I’ve got to say I’m glad I went pro reading pages upon pages of how difficult the CM ramp is to dial in.
Played a premium on location and the CM ramp is awesome when you hit it just right, but the amount of rejects was infuriating.
Hoping we get a code update soon, I’m getting close to seeing everything in .95.

To each their own.

I felt the pro was lacking and empty and didn't really do Elwin's masterpiece justice. Love my premium. Every game requires a little tweaking to get it dialed in just right.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just wanted to give a little feedback on my CM-Ramp. Today i cleaned my PF with novus 1 for the first time and of course its now very fast. I have gotten nearly no rejects so far, and flipperfade was only noticable after 1hr+ not after 30min. I think thats because the balls are faster. I always hated to clean my JP and DP because the balls are getting out of control after that with no chance to react, but on AIQ its such a pleasure! Everything feels much better, so i guess i have to clean it alot. Give it a try if you have problems too. However i will install the cooling kit!

Do you put carnauba wax on after using novus?

2 weeks later
#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I guess it isn't so much that this game fades its flippers so much as they need to be strong all the time to hit these crazy shots, right? The marvel and black panther shots are super hard to hit on a medium strength flipper. Most games can have weak flippers and the shots are just as obtainable.

I have PinMonk 's Flipper cooler fans on my game and there's abosutley no flipper fade at all. I even sometimes accidentally backhand the captain marvel ramp lol.

The outlanes are hungry, I agree. I find that the more comfortable and better I get with the shots, the less bad outlane drains I have.

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah. I have rarely been screwed by the portal, but it can happen. Cap Marvel reject drains are definitely real, but usually that's my own fault for not hitting the ramp cleanly enough. The only other drain that really feels unfair to me is a ball coming down the right side (to the right of Thor) hugs the lane guide and would feed cleanly to the right flipper...until it hits the freaking rubber rings on the posts just left of the Ant-Man wire-form. That rubber is just enough to bounce most balls perfectly into the center drain instead of my flipper. I need to pull mine apart and see if there is any room for adjustment on those posts, otherwise I might need to replace them with the cliffy/post rubber style posts instead of rings. The way that lane guide is shaped, it seems clear that they should be feeding clean to the right flipper, but those rubbers peak out JUST enough to screw you over. Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

Based on the streams from Raymond Davidson, shots that come down the BP Orbit should hit that rubber post and land nicely to the left flipper. Thats the way KED intended this shot to be.

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any word if they might add a co-op mode? Man I'd love that!

I believe Elwin is on record that there might be a possibility of co-op mode but he didn’t sound too confident lol.

He did mention there would be more to come with the trophies.And we all know Gomez has hinted at online gameplay.

#5183 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So guys, I'm confused. This game looks amazing. But it doesn't seem to be ranking as high with people. I've seen people say this is Keith's worst game. It looks like his best, without playing it yet. What gives? I'm about to be in the market for my 6th machine, and I am debating a few pins. This is one of them.
Is it because if how "hard" it is, like these last few posts have complained about? What is it?

A lot of people haven't taken the time to understand what a masterpiece this game is. The code/ruleset is the best I've ever played, hands down. Casuals will not like this game, younger kids don't seem to care for it either. This is a players pin. If you're looking for a challenging game that will keep you interested for years to come, then this is it. The ruleset is deep, which to me is a plus since this is for home use. I don't need a munsters at my house where you can get to the final wizard mode every other game. I like challenging games that force to me to play better. This is Keiths best layout, hands down. It takes a little tweaking to dial in the shots like almost all games do. I feel like its the sweet spot between IMDN and JP in terms of toughness, its just perfect.

People have complained about the callouts/annimations. Its true, this game leaves much to be desired when it comes to these components. If callouts and animations are your top qualifiers when buying a game, then this pin not for you. If ruleset/code and game layout are most important for you then you'll love this game. Just my opinion since having one of the first premiums since October 2020.

#5207 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The audio package can be modified if we can get an update to Pinball Browser

I just played TWD with the Cleland mod for the first time yesterday and WOW it made a huge impact on the game (in a positive way).

We need to make this happen on AIQ. It would give this game so much more personality. There are so many movie quotes that could be used.

#5255 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Why are there two T-nuts with nothing connected to them at the back of the game? Is this a future mod or something that was left off?
For what it's worth, the bottom inside of the cabinet where the coin box goes and around the speaker have sneaker prints on it. I have never had this in any game I have ever owned. [quoted image]

Ha I never noticed that before. On my IMDN it has a handle there which is great for taking the PF in and out or when you have to lift the entire Pf out of the game it’s handy. Seems like these t-nuts were originally meant for that but perhaps it was costed out...

#5287 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There have been a few instances recently of Sterns coming with "Cliffy" style protectors in places. If I remember right the Deadpool Hellhouse scoop is an example of one being protected from the factory. I could be wrong there though. I do wish they would do it more though. At least they changed their magnet design to have the large surround which minimizes the wear that used to be possible around the small exposed cores.

Stern also put their version of Cliffys on the ramps in the later and vault versions of Star Trek. They know these games need them, especially on location, but this is just an added cost to Stern... they just want to keep their BOM at the lowest it can be to maximize profit. They won’t change unless people really complain about it or other companies start doing it and have success.

Just look how long it took stern to move to an LCD screen...

#5329 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Can someone post some pictures of the side armor on their AIQ Premium?
I'm considering buying them.
Thanks guys!

I posted pics with mirror blades a while back if you go to the thread photos. I think mirror blades on this machine look fantastic. It really brings out the amazing light show this game has.

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Looks good with them rails.
And Pin Stadiums are a must with AIQ. Dark game without.

I actually think this game is brighter than most, especially with the awesome light shows that the developers keep adding. Its much brighter compared to my IMDN and TWD lol.

#5369 3 years ago

KME also said on the loser kid podcast that he likes to keep his marvel ramp waxed. This will make a huge difference in addition to whatever ramp mod you choose to add.

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Bro - I don't get into Pinside debates because it's 6 year old stuff, so I'm DMing you a response to this. Suffice to say for the OP who asked about the game and whom I answered honestly, Avengers is a new game and is ranked below Maiden and next to Deadpool on the Top 100. By year end, it will be several spots below Deadpool as the newness wears off. That's all of Pinside talking, not just me.

Wouldn't AIQ get better with full code/callouts/music? Doesn't make much sense that it would fall further down the top 100.

Regardless, the top 100 doesn't really have any significance or importance to me if #Wonka is rated #1...

#5473 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Please beware of this AIQ LE. New pinsider. Never posted and something not right. He says it comes with stern le 3 year warranty only on a le. It appears it may be a scam. When I ask when it was purchase he told me go buy from someone else. Very Strange.

Machine - For Sale

Avengers: Infinity Quest (Limited Edition)

As new - New out of box (first owner) “New in the box the price is firm I bought it for a friend he doesn't need it anymore. Sales tax in California has been paid on this game that's why the price is so high. Cash only ...”

2 days ago

San Jose, CA

10,090 (Firm)

Marcmary

Thanks for the heads up. I saw this too and thought it was very strange...

We have quite a few scammers here in the bay area. Another guy just tried to sell a RFM for $2700 that turned out to be a scam 2 weeks ago.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

This is a very rare occurrence on my premium, but I may just add an additional spacer to provide a little more height to the plastic at the entrance and see if that helps.

I get a ton of BW ramp rejects after a good clean/wax and new balls on my Premium. After 50 or so games the rejects aren't as common.

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I've got an odd one - installed my Cliffy's with no problem today, than than a new goofy glitch. My autolauncher now has a 3-4 second delay before launching a ball that gets kicked up during play. Anyone else run into this? I'm assuming the shooter eject protectors are messing with the switch in the launch lane?

Yup, the shooter lane Cliffy is messing with the switch in the shooter lane. You’ll have to slightly bend the metal rod up the switch up so it registers when the ball is there. I had the same thing happen with my IMDN Cliffy.

To double check, use a ball to rollover the switch, not your finger. You should be good to go after that.

#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do i miss the point?
I hit the lifting/spinning disc, then i play a mode. Rince and repeat.
Is there another way to play this game? Thanks

Yes you’re missing a lot of the game. I’d study up on these videos:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLadgE29juoiSN7mfLjQRKmj6njLAQvQ-2

#5654 3 years ago
72B78244-9A9D-4D68-8BA4-D62533608224 (resized).jpeg72B78244-9A9D-4D68-8BA4-D62533608224 (resized).jpeg
#5657 3 years ago

Played the new code tonight. I’m really digging it. Managed to get more extra balls than I’ve ever gotten before so that was nice. Love the new gauntlet animation after winning/losing a gem. Game feels much more polished than it did at 0.91 code.

I just wish there were more call outs during the battles...Like I want the black order to snack talk me, make fun of me for missing shots or taking too long. And wheres the call out for beating one of the black order members? Sometimes I have no idea if I’ve won or not. I just happen to look at the pot belly ramp and see the “collect gem” insert blinking... I guess this is what we are gonna get from a call outs/music standpoint. Animations are fine since I play pinball and look at the Playfield most of the time. Just wish there was more life in the game sound-wise.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So let's take the most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ and compare my audits.....
*DeadPool*
Ball played: 7331
Ball saved: 1720 (23%)
Right drains: 1040 (14%)
Center drains: 5616 (77%)
Left drains: 675 (9%)
*Avengers*
Balls played: 1924
Balls saved: 600 (31%)
Right drains: 502 (26%)
Center drains: 957 (50%)
Left drains: 465 (24%)
My games gets played by both me (70%) and my kids (30%) so these numbers represent a good variety of skill levels. Matches up with all anecdotes - Avengers IS an outlane drain monster. Both games have outlanes set at factory settings. Both have the inlane post rubbers removed.
BTW - I've found that turning slingshot power all the way up to 64 is the best no-drain setting. At the lowest setting, they actually seem to aim the ball into the outlane. At 64, they overshoot the outlane area far more often.

Better sell your AIQ, it’s clearly broken!

#5692 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I really like the new update, but the graphic that now shows Thanos adding the lost gem to his gauntlet looks like Mickey Mouse’s glove.

The animation is based off of the comics, not the movie. Staying true to the theme.

#5747 3 years ago

I was inspecting my AIQ and notice that this post at the top left corner, around the turn after the hulk spinner, is missing the rubber bumper sleeve... wondering if it is missing OR if it is actually supposed to be missing.
[quoted image]

I thought this was a thread post but there is NOT supposed to be a post sleeve on that post. It’s made that way on purpose.

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It's WAY deeper than I expected, ha.

Yup, perfect for a home pin.

This game isn’t the munsters folks...

#5753 3 years ago

now another question, I am worrying that my antman guiderail and Thor might be digging on the playfield. I have played a few games, did not count how many but might be close to 100..t I noticed that in both of these locations (antman and Thor) some dust was developing around the rails... no scratches or anything visible at the moment so not sure what it was, PF is mint.
I took a closer look and there is no damager to the PF, but would be annoyed if I miss the chance to correct this now while it is mint and not once the damage is there....
What is the preferred method to correct this? I have the cliffys set, installed the shooter lane cliffs tonight but the antman cliffy is an eyesore so I am looking at other options...soooo... washer?
I presume adding washers involved disassembling most of the playfield to lift this up.... I might just do it when I install the playfield protector.
and last, (lost of questions sorry), how often are you guys replacing balls? the factory balls look really beat up just after 50 games... I might just toss them out very soon, this game is fast and the balls take a beating? or is it that the factory balls are shiteza?

I put the ant man Cliffy on my premium and you can’t even tell it’s there. Wasn’t too much of a pain to put on, but you do have to take ramps, plastics, and other things off so takes some pictures and you’ll be fine. You can use metal washers as some have done in previous thread posts. I didn’t install any washers on the thor guide because there was nothing that looked like it was digging into the playfield. Of course, you can add metal washers there if you’re worried.

I don’t even use the stock balls that come with the game, they are garbage. Just buy some nice quality balls from ball baron and you’ll be set.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That marvel ramp is worth every penny imo, it just never gets old, it’s the only shot I enjoy more than the Warp ramp on Star Trek.
I’m also a big fan of the lifting disc, subway and VUK, they break up an otherwise non stop combo fest, which for me gives me time to think and workout what’s next. No regrets at all going for an LE.

Agreed on the CM ramp. It may be my favorite shot to hit out of any game I've ever played. My new favorite thing to do now is to combo Black widow with the Captain Marvel ramp over and over until she goes binary. Then I go for the shot multipliers. Its just so satisfying!

#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

Stern makes all games with the updated subway. There are no stuck balls as far as I know. I was able to easily acquire an updated subway from Stern on my game. Took about 10 mins to install and haven't had any issues since then. So even if you purchase an older Premium/LE, its an easy fix.

The Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, just keep it waxed.

No issues have been reported with the Ant-man scoop in this thread.

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Help me out pinside - my next pin! I’m thinking Deadpool premium... looked hard and long at both GnR and LZ, but just can’t get excited enough for either...

DP is a great game. Also, you can't go wrong with any Elwin game really... If you like AIQ then you'll love IMDN and JP. Everything this guy touches is gold. He's the true GOAT.

#5990 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I’m a “love the one you’re with” kind of guy so my Pro has been perfect for me. I’m a total FOMO kind of guy too so I usually go for the premium on anything I buy. I thought I’d miss out on the bad ass CM ramp and the raising portal, but I’m actually cool with the Pro. The extra $$$ gave me the option to Mod it out too which I’m loving.
The good thing is that either way you go you’ll have one of the best Pins out there. You’ll have so much fun playing this thing and should have No regrets either way.

Don't forget the ant-man scoop on the premium. Adds a nice little break for mystery shots and change gems. Changing gems on the pro is harder because you have to control the shot after you hit the ant man target, then shoot it up the pot belly ramp. Versus on the premium, its just a nice single shot to the scoop.

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not gonna bother me either way, but I don't know if they want the pro and premium score differences to be that high. The number 1 ranked player in the world can't put up those numbers on his pro.

Lol, have you seen Ray Day's YouTube channel? He literally puts up 1 billion point games every time on a pro.

The Captain Marvel to Black Widow combo is much harder than it looks on a prem/LE. Karl Deangleo make it look very easy because he's one of the best in the world. The scoring is fine.

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

New on Pinside and my first Homepin is Avengers Pro! I tried too do my best with stuffs from Mezel Mods and I really love the game and the mods. I’m not that god and the sides-drains is hard on me
Thanks for all info in this forum

Man the colored plastic protectors look so good on this game. I have blue and it really makes the whole lower half of the Playfield pop!

Check out their black panther mod too! I have mine on order for my premium.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Love this game. So fun in a home environment. This is my first stern so I have one question.
I hear a fan in the back box. When the fan is on it is a surprisingly loud whirring noise. It’s obviously the fan with how it turns off and on during play or between games. Is this normal for sterns and I haven’t noticed in bars before. Or is this something I should look into?

Yup, this is totally normal. Stern uses cheap power supply fans so if you don't want to hear it, PinMonk makes a quiet fan that you can swap out easily for only $16. I would also highly suggest his flipper cooler fans to eliminate flipper fade if you plan on playing your machine for more than 1 hour at a time.

https://pinmonk.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Just joined the club with a Pro.
Ive already noticed lots of Black Widow Airballs/rejects. Is it just a matter dialing back the flipper strength? or is a better airball plastic called for?

I only get BW airball rejects on a freshly waxed playfield, its almost nonexistent after about 20 plays post-wax.

#6130 3 years ago

I find this ramp quite easy... cpu marvel on the other hand, I almost try not to hit in fear of a reject and automatic down the middle drain.

Keep that captain marvel ramp waxed and you should be fine. I was cared of it too but now I combo that with BW and go binary for tons of points. The marvel shot is super necessary for Mystery’s and add-a-ball in multi balls.

#6134 3 years ago

I just banged 3 games out, Ball 1 was 150 million, about 30 alone was binary points... haha I got the hang of it on the ball and combos were flying it was really fun, then, things got real and all went to sh** the next 2 balls were pretty sad...
All that to say, I am going to focus on the cpt marvel ramp because it is a points maker for sure, and it is quite fun now that I see how it works with BW ramp...
Now I get what the PRO is missing out on, once you get the feeling of this ramp it is must have for this game.
now that I fixed the balls getting hung up in between the gauntlet ramp and CPT Marvel, I will be shooting it more for sure.
Thanks for the tips!

Nice! Ya that CM to BW combo is probably the best combo feeling in pinball right now. Got take I know but it makes the prem/LE so worth it. This game is not going anywhere for a while.

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Possible future owner here and would like to ask for some advice. I'm a big fan of objective based pins that tell a themes story through code. LOTR, Hobbit, WOZ, and Stern Star Wars have done this well to name a few. Does AIQ have a deep objective based ruleset? By that I mean are there a variety of modes that work the entire playfield versus hitting the same shots (hit ramp 5x, orbit 5x) over and over? I really enjoy how LOTR and Hobbit have shots timed to clips / animations and offer rewards for completing them. AIQ looks like a really fun pin.

If you love those games, then you'll love AIQ. You are trying to steal the gems from the black order before Thanos gets them. Each wizard mode is part of the story line. This isn't a Lonnie D. Ropp game... You'll actually have fun with the code and rulset. Its so deep and there are so many ways to approach this game. Can't recommend this game enough.

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Anyone working on a music replacement code nowadays?

I messaged Cleland about a music/callout replacement but I don’t think he’s doing one...

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any recommendations on the best art blades for AIQ Prem?

I love my mirror blades. They really take the light show on this game to the next level!

205E3BB3-7271-4576-A2CE-3ED2E79B2C0D (resized).jpeg205E3BB3-7271-4576-A2CE-3ED2E79B2C0D (resized).jpeg3A1F0A7B-0F4C-4E8E-B551-C4827896004D (resized).jpeg3A1F0A7B-0F4C-4E8E-B551-C4827896004D (resized).jpegF404F33A-2599-4247-AD4C-9F80224E5A47 (resized).jpegF404F33A-2599-4247-AD4C-9F80224E5A47 (resized).jpeg
#6206 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Have people been adding washers under the ball guides to protect the playfield from wear/chipping? If so, where are the trouble spots?

The ant man scoop and Thor Multiball.

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

You can just make one yourself with a small piece of Lexan and some double sided tape. I don't know who originally came up with it but here is a good picture of it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865
You can buy a 3D printed one from somebody here but I prefer the clear look. It takes 5 minutes to score/snap/tape.
Made a huge difference in rejects on my CM ramp.

I did this same thing with a glass slide from a telescope set.

Total cost was about $.03 cents and it works wonderfully. Best part is you don't even notice it!

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Finally blew up my Pro today (by my standards) after 400 games...894 million, 15 trophies, 4 gems, almost made the third set of collected avengers. Now need to figure out how to use gems well and maybe I'll break 1B.

Congrats! Once you break that billion you’re in a whole new club!

32184B97-0236-4788-A57F-94A7F8A7DCAC (resized).jpeg32184B97-0236-4788-A57F-94A7F8A7DCAC (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I can't wait until Pinball browser is updated and we can replace audio/video in this game. The terrible music/callouts and boring video are my only real complaints with this game. I love the ruleset and layout.

Agreed on the audio and callouts.

Out of all of the games in my collection, I just keep coming back to this game. Its easily the best Elwin game to date with the rules/code and layout.

#6542 3 years ago

I can't wait to see the variety of strategies the top players will use during competition with AIQ.

Thats what makes this game so great, there's no 1 way to play this game.

1 month later
#7047 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Extra balls
I've never known a machine to have so many possibilities to light an extra ball. These are:
Bullseye target completions (3)
Captain marvel ramp (12) / spins (360?)
Combos (50)
Computer grid award
Trophies (8)
Progressing Avengers to Lv2 (3)
In addition there is an instant extra ball for completing the 2nd Hawkeye challenge.

I love all the extra balls this game gives out. I’ll take it over the 1 extra ball my IMDN gives me haha.

1 week later
#7199 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This is why I went with the pro. As cool as the opening portal is, the raising disk assembly seems quite fragile and fussy, and the lockup trough is meh and also fussy. Pro being just a spinner is much simpler and I've not had to do any fiddling with anything except repositioning the DT bank forward a bit so the targets actually dropped.
I would absolutely love to buy an Avengers "Promium" with the CM ramp but none of the other Premium features.

I have a Premium with an Oct. 20th build date and have had zero issues with my portal local assembly and trough mechanism. A little over 2,000 plays so far. Plays as good as it did on the first day, very well built.

Don't forget, you also lose out on the ant-man scoop which is great to take a breather and move your gems around.

I'm very happy with my Premium purchase so far. The Captain Marvel ramp is the most satisfying shot in pinball without a question. It's even better when you combo it with Black Widow and go binary. The shot layout and code make this game a masterpiece.

1 week later
#7315 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Been fiddling around with the sound on mine, trying some aftermarket options, just installed pinwoofer. From day one, the main tune when you start a game (shooter groove I believe)seems distorted and crackly. Just this tune, all the other songs in jukebox mode seem good. The new pinwoofer sounds great, but as this song plays every time you start a game, it’s super annoying. Anyone else notice this and is this perhaps just an issue with this tune, or is there something I should perhaps look into (tried re-installing firmware to see if it fixed the issue…..nope).

I have noticed this same thing on my AIQ Prem.
It’s always a loud crackling noise right at the start of the game. I have the pinwoofer setup and it still doesn’t help. Only happens at the beginning of the game. Hopefully someone know s how to fix this…

2 weeks later
#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi everyone, I just installed a plastic shooter lane protector. Since doing so, my action button will not launch the ball. the action button still works during gameplay (ie mind gem, space gem, etc.), but it won't launch the ball. when i remove the plastic shooter lane protector, it works. my sense is that the plastic is too thick and the ball is not depressing the switch enough when sitting in the gate, and so something isn't registering.
I've also had skill shot issues, they do not register when the plastic protector is on.
Has anyone else experience this issue? I want to protect the shooter lane, but obviously want normal gameplay.
thanks!

Personally I wouldn’t use a plastic protector. I always use Cliffys shooter lane protector. It’s metal and it works great. Best of all, if doesn’t affect the skill shots on my games. It’s a little higher in cost but it will last much longer and work as intended.

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Has anyone powdered their LE coin door to match the yellow? I’m considering it but I’d love to see it first. Powder coated coin doors are hit and miss for me.

Looks like this guy did it to his LE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117308

#7531 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That was why I ultimately sold the game recently. The code is not fun for casual players, in my opinion. I'm probably one of the biggest Avengers/Marvel fans you will meet so it pained me a lot to let the game go, but neither myself nor my family could get past the code/skill barrier.

This is why I keep some older/simpler games in my collection, for the n00bs so they can still have fun.

The fact that AIQ has a deep and complex ruleset makes me want to keep it in my collection even longer. There’s so many ways to approach this game which makes it even more fun for tournaments. It’s got probably the best shot layout of any pin I’ve ever played and it’s an absolute flow monster.

Keith Elwin, if you’re reading this, don’t ever change what you’re doing man. You’re 3 for 3 and in a league of your own. Everything you and your team touch is absolute f*cking GOLD!

2 weeks later
#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You are not alone on your observations on this topic. I have been working on that CM ramp/loop myself testing different mods. The rejection rate is way to high, watching videos of all the 'Top Guns of Pinball' playing this game they get frequent rejections on that shot. As for myself I am going to keep at it until I exhaust all attemps to increase the 'Win Percentage' of this shot.

The only thing I did to my CM ramp was add the “ramp fix plastic” and that seemed to solve all of the rejects.

Elwin has mentioned that you always want to keep this ramp waxed up. This seems to help a lot as well. Now my ball flys so fast through the ramp it sometimes doesn’t register as a shot which kinda sucks.

1 week later
#7736 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pro vs Prem debate. How’s it looking these days with AIQ?

Went premium and never looked back. Just feels like a more complete game. The CM ramp is the best shot in modern pinball, especially when you combo it with BW.

3 weeks later
#7918 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally got my avengers set up that I bought from brobra. I don’t know why the bad rep from people I talked to about it I think it rocks . Happy with purchase ![quoted image]

I think it comes down to people failing to grasp/understand the ruleset and all it has to offer. I believe that over time, people will play it more and realize the ruleset and code is one of the best out there making this pin more desirable.

It’s the best shooting Elwin so far, can’t wait to see what he puts out in September!

#7981 2 years ago

Anyone have pics of their AIQ in a powder coat other than purple and yellow?

Just curious to see what it looks like.

#8015 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played a premium yesterday. I also already played the pro on Friday. I may be crazy, but I preferred the pro. Seemed to really flow better. The Strange spinner rising to lock balls was nothing that great to my daughter and me. Love the premium artwork over the pro. LE yellow wasn’t bad.
The extra loop de loop was not bad, but seems to clutter the playfield more for us. We were playing inside a brewery though in Arizona and there was no AC of course in there. Just some swamp coolers.
It was just really warm in there. So that may have something to do with why didn’t enjoy it as much. Those who played both, what do you think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Played both versions. Love my premium and it won’t be leaving anytime soon. Pro felt empty.

3 weeks later
#8324 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Finally officially in the club. Cleanest box I've ever had and the guys that delivered it were really cool. Looks like my lockdown bar is digging into the wood a bit though.

That could've happened during shipping. Contact your distributor and they should make it right.

Good thing you didn't buy a JJP or else they'd say you did it to your own game and charge you for a new cab! LOL

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Yes, outlines are hungry. You have to learn when to nudge for sure. However, even with that, they can be brutal. I had a first ball today in the 400 millions and then had a few unfortunate slingshot directly to outlane drains. Really killed what could have been a great game. Ended with~600 mill. Frustrating when you feel you are on your way to a 1B+ game.

I adjusted my slingshots up +5 clicks from the stock settings and I no longer get straight slingshot drains to the outlanes.

This is much better than turning the slingshots down which is counterintuitive since the slingshots are designed to create havoc with the ball.

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Got my tibetan breeze flipper cooling kit from PinMonk today and can attest that installation was a breeze (bad pun intended).
I haven't put the machine through a torture test yet but in sure it will fix the fade!
I noticed that my table was flat and let out the rear leg adjusters so the bubble on the right side is centered now, however the inclinometer shows only 6.1 degree. Should i make it steeper? What angles are you all playing?

Never trust the bubble I’ve been told.

I have my AIQ set at 6.9 degrees and it plays fast and fun. Can’t stand machines that have the ball just float around.

1 week later
#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Curious, hows most people's sound quality on the game? Since I got the game, its had some persistent rough artifacts kinda sounding like crackling. With most of the audio its a little subtle but with louder voices and other clips its more apparent. At first I thought it was the speakers and I was going to deal with them at some point later, but when I installed the headphone jack and had a few games off of that, its the exact same. I tried changing some of the random settings but still can't seem to clean it up. Not sure where to look exactly.

Yeah, me and a couple other Pinsiders have this same issue. I upgraded my speakers to Pinwoofers and I still get the "crackling" sound... Seems to be just a flaw in the game. They might address it with the new code that includes insider connected but who knows.

2 weeks later
#8602 2 years ago

Sharing pictures of my AIQ Premium with custom "Captain America" blue powder coat from Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I'm super happy with how it turned out! Steve does amazing work and was able to get everything done in 2 weeks. Feels like a new game to me. Can't wait to see what he can do for me on my Premium Godzilla.

I also added some Comet RGB flipper buttons to finish off the game.

AIQ1 (resized).jpgAIQ1 (resized).jpgAIQ2 (resized).jpgAIQ2 (resized).jpgAIQ3 (resized).jpgAIQ3 (resized).jpgAIQ4 (resized).jpgAIQ4 (resized).jpgAIQ5 (resized).jpgAIQ5 (resized).jpgAIQ6 (resized).jpgAIQ6 (resized).jpgAIQ7 (resized).jpgAIQ7 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8760 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I forgot to mention that I had an issue with the exit switch previously on shots that were "too fast" not registering. As EaglePin mentioned, a slight bend of the arm should do it.

Same here, had to bend that last switch to get the shots to register every time.

#8791 2 years ago

Is there anything more satisfying than hitting a double super jackpot in IM multiball??

#8800 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Hmm, so looks like the Titan replacement posts bands/rubbers are a no go. They're so thin and the balls hit them with such strong force that it starts breaking apart the post till it exposes the metal rod underneath.
Just need to decide on the other manufacturers replacements. What have you guys had more success with? The rings for the slingshot and behind the drop targets feel a little weak as well.

I've heard a lot of great things about Cliffys premium sleeve posts. They're a bit thicker and last longer than Titans. I'd give then a try:

https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

2 weeks later
#8917 2 years ago

Can we update to 1.03 without the connected kit?

#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

The number of basic QC things I see on this thread would cause me to take a very hard look at my QC department if I were stern and I gave a crap.

I agree. But Stern has a an estimated backlog of 10,000 games. As long as people keep buying, they have no reason to change anything.

1 week later
#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So those posts that hold the rubbers have some wiggle as you're tightening them. You can push them in or out slightly and hold it in its location while you re tighten. When I replaced them a couple of months ago I got a fair amount of failed BP shots center drain fairly easily. I mode those posts adjustments and it resolved the problem about 90% of the time. Only if its going at a very specific speed will it be directed towards the center, which doesnt happen often. Its a good thing as a failed BP shot should have a small chance of punishment. Though when I notice it going that speed, I'll give it a slight nudge and that usually takes care of the other 10% of return balls from that path.

Yup I pulled the post up and re-tightened it with a dab of loctite to keep it in place. I replace all of my stock rubbers with clear Titans. 99% of my ball returns for the BP orbit now go to the left flipper for a nice dead bounce now. This is the way it was intended on the Prem/LE.

Of course a good nudge will suffice as well.

#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't have many games played on JP or IM, but the Captain Marvel ramp on AIQ Prem/LE is one of the best feeling shots in pinball!
No games on a Godzilla yet... waiting for a Premium...

Ha! This is exactly what I told Keith when I saw him at Expo! Best shot combo in pinball.

2 weeks later
#9012 2 years ago
Quoted from MerseDaddy:

I’m relatively new to the modern pinball world and I’m looking to purchase my first pin. I have a few titles I’m looking at, including this one.
I’m an Avengers fan so I like the theme. I haven’t really played it, but it appears to have pretty good reviews.
This might be a subjective question, but is it worth the roughly 2k to get a premium over a pro NIB? Thank you.

This is an awesome first pin, especially if you like the avengers.

My suggestion would be to go play a premium and pro version of AIQ on location and make the judgment for yourself. Try to get at least 20 games in on each model and see what you think.

Use PinMap to find locations with AIQ.

#9013 2 years ago
Quoted from tampa12:

Old post but I feel his pain. I have to agree outlanes drains are more frequent than other 3 pins I own. But the best part owning a pin is that you can customize, mod it to make it more enjoyable or just put it on location to earn money. What I did is went on pinball life website and ordered 2 outlanes post genie and center post genie for my avengers Infinity pinball. So Finally able to battle black order but still haven't beaten Thanos yet even with those mods installed, lol.

I feel like nothing, and I mean nothing, is hungrier than the left outlane on JP3. Everything seems to want to go that direction, even the right slingshot will send balls screaming into the outlane lol. Makes AIQ seem much more friendly on the outlanes.

#9047 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Did you just get the disc, or the new bearing as well?

I got the upgraded bearing and I felt it was worth it. The stock bearing is garbage compared to what 1956PINHEAD made.

And I already had the entire strange disk mech disassembled anyways so it literally added an additional 2 mins of time to install the upgraded bearing. Very happy with the quality and precision of the disk and bearing upgrade.

2 weeks later
#9126 2 years ago

Kinda shocked that stern didn’t add a double super jackpot achievement to iron man MB. Getting two balls magnetized in the tower is one of the best moments in the game… hopefully there’s more to come on the achievement side for this game.

Also, none of the RPM disk achievements work… anyone else have this issue? I’ll send an email to sterns Bug reporting address.

39E2C7DA-FC6D-42B2-921B-0F9F498257A0 (resized).png39E2C7DA-FC6D-42B2-921B-0F9F498257A0 (resized).pngCC00D11F-9A74-4F01-AE6A-2528824CDC38 (resized).pngCC00D11F-9A74-4F01-AE6A-2528824CDC38 (resized).png
#9136 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just picked up an AIQ Pro in a trade. I don’t think I have ever had a game that plays so poorly if the pitch and level are off, but plays so well when properly set up. When I threw the legs on when I got in the house, it was around a 7.1 degree pitch and .3 degrees to the left. First plunge was a skill shot and then drained right down the middle. Whole first game was over in under 30 seconds. Set it to 6.5 degrees and leveled it and it’s a different animal.

Leveling left to right will definitely make a difference in game play. I find that Elwin games play best around 7-7.2 degrees. 6.5 is just too floaty.

#9165 2 years ago

I love the look of mirror blades, opens up the Playfield and really brings out the fantastic light show. I’ll be putting some on my Godzilla once it arrives.

4B33A2CA-B67F-4955-8FDE-8F7A8755EB98 (resized).jpeg4B33A2CA-B67F-4955-8FDE-8F7A8755EB98 (resized).jpeg7AB3D731-DE59-4709-BA87-F1C0151929A3 (resized).jpeg7AB3D731-DE59-4709-BA87-F1C0151929A3 (resized).jpegAAE2F243-2A8F-4D3F-93AB-BEB648C9B6D2 (resized).jpegAAE2F243-2A8F-4D3F-93AB-BEB648C9B6D2 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#9227 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Are they doing a run of Avengers in March?

Here’s the latest production schedule that is known:

Feb 2022 - Rush LE & Premium
Feb 2022 - Mando Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Mar 2022 - AIQ Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - Rush Pro & Premium
Apr 2022 - JP Pro & Premium
May 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
July 2022 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
Aug 2022 - Star Wars Pro & Premium (original art package)
Sep 2022 - Star Wars the pin (original & comic art)
Oct 2022 - JP the pin
Nov 2022 - Elvira Premium
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pro & Premium

#9232 2 years ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Just curious, do they have the manufacturing capacity to add a new title in there somewhere or are they planning on a break from the standard 2 or 3 new titles a year to catch up?

Oh Stern always has the "capacity" to release new titles. They do not care how long their backlog is, they only care that the line(s) keep going. I would expect the usual 2-3 titles per year... A new release in May (Eddy) and then again in August/September (Elwin or Danger).

I would expect the parts shortages to continue to at least the end of Summer, which means continued inflated/overpriced pins on the secondary market.

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I thought Gomez confirmed he would have a game sometime this year - wonder where that will land?

I was thinking Gomez would be in the late Dec/early Jan release (similar to the way LZ and Rush were launched). The #1 rumor is Gomez on Bond which would be awesome. Of course he could swap with the Aug/Sept launch too.

1 week later
#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We got IC for avengers a couple of weeks ago. And chasing achievements is insanely fun. I do feel like there were some obvious goals that were missed in the achievements list.
Getting trophy mania,
beating the Soul gem on hard difficulty,
Starting Thanos attacks,
successfully defending a gem in Thanos attacks,
winning a gem through Hawkeye challenge, achieving spins worth x amount through gamma,
Getting to black order multi ball,
Getting to victory laps from gem quest mb
I'm sure there are others. But, IMO pretty much every major goal/objective should have a achievement attached to it.

Yup it’s been discussed here I believe already. There are tons of holes and bugs in the IC code… not sure how it made it out the way it did (how do you not catch the disk not recording spins??)
Karl DeAngelo won’t even stream it because it’s apparently not ready yet. I just hope they give AIQ some quality time so it doesn’t seem like an afterthought. Such an amazing game and I think Elwins best shooting game so far.

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

What is the “default” position for the outlane posts on this game? Wide or narrow?

Narrow is default according to Keith.

Go wide if you want a crazy challenge haha.

1 week later
#9382 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone have any suggestions on powder coating for an AIQ premium. I'm thinking something like a deep purple with some large silver flake in it. Pictures would be awesome of any powder coating you've done to your own premium.

I did my Premium in captain America blue with a silver flake. My shadow already had a purple so I wanted something different. I’m really happy with how it turned out. Looks way better than the banana yellow on the LE.

Added the lit flipper buttons in RGB fade to match the shooter rod.

2D5436B0-2DF1-454F-B2A5-2C09C15CB485 (resized).jpeg2D5436B0-2DF1-454F-B2A5-2C09C15CB485 (resized).jpeg3804B919-BD88-41F6-B16C-32513026469B (resized).jpeg3804B919-BD88-41F6-B16C-32513026469B (resized).jpeg39B9E5ED-7771-4831-BE62-F5FC9BA1D609 (resized).jpeg39B9E5ED-7771-4831-BE62-F5FC9BA1D609 (resized).jpeg3A7F040D-FD7D-44C0-8BFB-B7C5880C1A11 (resized).jpeg3A7F040D-FD7D-44C0-8BFB-B7C5880C1A11 (resized).jpeg6CA89591-90E2-4A7C-AAB1-BFFE8BAE0DDC (resized).jpeg6CA89591-90E2-4A7C-AAB1-BFFE8BAE0DDC (resized).jpeg961E21B3-2C1A-4027-8E81-595B3BB8F2BC (resized).jpeg961E21B3-2C1A-4027-8E81-595B3BB8F2BC (resized).jpeg
#9408 2 years ago
Quoted from Ender21x:

I’m guessing we’re 2-3 weeks away from a code update. (Every game coming off the line again seems to get them, Rush,then Mando, now GZ)
What are we gonna get? New mode? Adam Warlock finally?

If there’s any code update, it will probably just be to correct the bugs and missing achievements from insider connected unfortunately… all of the code love seems to be going to GZ.

1 week later
#9466 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Thanks. I have trouble backhanding the banana ramp on a Premium, but found it pretty easy on the Pro

Yup, same here. I usually shoot the black widow ramp then shoot the banana ramp or do a post transfer to get it on the left flipper to safely shoot the right ramp.

2 weeks later
#9558 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Yeah, I think that gate is meant just to be annoying . I mean, it doesn’t affect the ball going up, only coming down. My guess is it’s purpose is to help keep the ball in place when the up post activates. But I haven’t had an issue holding the ball with the gate removed.

Yes, this gate is supposed to be there. It helps keep the ball on the post like you have mentioned. On my game, it also allows for a smooth feed to the upper left flipper. Have you checked to make sure your game is level from left to right? That will make a huge difference.

#9583 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Good summary. One small edit. I think Mind Gem should say Level 1 Avenger. Level 2 only gives you one press for a big boom. Level 1 gives 3 presses for one shot spot each time.

Yes, but if you place the kind gem on a lvl 2 avenger, then do the reality gem quest next. Spin the disk to light all shots and hit the action button which will then spot ALL shots on the playfield. It becomes a two shot gem quest for an easy collect!

Love this game, so many ways to approach it.

#9630 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Got my game yesterday. Haven’t played as much as I would like yet, but my first impression is wow. This game has great flow and the shots are so satisfying. Very cool layout.

Yes, just my opinion, but I think AIQ is Elwin's best shooting game. He even mentions on a Podcast that he thinks AIQ is his best shooting game.

Since the game was rushed, it lacks more advanced animations and callouts unfortunately which is why I think pinside ranks it the lowest out of his current 4 games. Some people think it has complicated code, but it really doesn't. Once you know how to collect Gems and assemble the Avengers, the game is relatively straight forward... You can go deeper and apply different strategies with different gems and different levels of Avengers which is why I think this is such a great pin for home use environment.

1 week later
#9730 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Yes, I have read about the problems of the subway... for me, what strikes me most about the premium edition is the additional ramp and the design of the furniture and translite...

There were only subway problems on the LEs and initial batch of premiums. Stern sent out updated subways and this was a 5 min fix. Haven’t had any issues on my portal subway.

Go with the premium or you’ll always be wondering “what if”. Captain marvel ramp combos make it worth it alone.

3 months later
#10564 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Does Gem Mania work without the IC hardware?

It will work if you have the topper installed. If not, you need IC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cashmoney.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=cashmoney and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.