04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_mario.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10465 1 year ago

Hi,
Just got AIQ premium a few days ago April 2022 Build.
Has anyone experienced balls launching up the left ramp and hitting the backboard and or the glass?

#10467 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

What pitch is your machine set to? I had mine closer to 7.0 and would get some rejects on the left ramp off the backboard/ball deflector but then lowered pitch a bit and that helped. Lowering flipper power would work also but I didn't want to do that.

Hi, Mines at 6.5.
I made an extended shield to dampen the launch.

RampShield (resized).JPGRampShield (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#10534 1 year ago

Less than a month old and already chipped. Really like the game, this is so dissapointing.

324EEFD5-D1F1-44C7-BCCE-4F43ACC92477 (resized).jpeg324EEFD5-D1F1-44C7-BCCE-4F43ACC92477 (resized).jpegCBB6F7DE-A8DE-4D68-AB44-7BF4061C80BC (resized).jpegCBB6F7DE-A8DE-4D68-AB44-7BF4061C80BC (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10828 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

So I finally took the floaties off this weekend and cannonballed into the deep end and did a partial tear down of the my premium to put in some blue titans I ordered. I removed all the ramps with the exception of the marvel ramp and removed most of the plastics. I even removed the city scape and Thanos plastic in the back so I could remove the black Panther orbit ramp plastic to get at a bad spot on the ramp. After getting everything off I hit as much of the playfield as I could with some Novus one and Novus 2 using the latter really sparingly. I also waxed it for the first time which wasn’t bad at all.
I did run into a problem when replacing the rubbers though and now I need some advice or help. I was unable to put rubbers on the two post that are in front of the scoop because I couldn’t get the wakanda/ant man plastic off. It feels like the plastic is glued or something to the metal it is sitting on at the point my finger is at in the bottom picture below. Is this done on purpose for some reason I am unaware of and is there a way to remove it and replace those two rubbers?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I Know I removed that plastic because the clear piece above it came flying off during a game because the screws underneath the hex posts fell out , and I didnt think it was particularly hard to remove. I think its fastened from underneath.

#10831 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Already did, took this pic as I was putting everything back on. I am telling you it is glued or something to the metal that it sits on. If you look closely there is slight discoloration from where I tried to get my fingernail underneath it and pull it up. I will tell you how much I removed them I had to use an extendable magnet to hold the screw in place while I lifted the playfield to screw the stand-off back on.

I just had another look at mine.
There are three nylock nuts that hold the plastic in place. The one holding the Ramp, one directly opposite the one holding the ramp and one further down the plastic near the up kicker. Then the plastic is awkward to remove as it seems to be wedged under the subway kick out loop ramp metal thingy. It was a struggle to get out but it was not glued.

#10844 1 year ago

Talking about the Fixins. This game has been my most troublesome (but still fun).
1st game second ball on plunge , ball goes into cabinet. This was wifes first go i wasn't watching and she turns to me and says, were did the ball go. I search for awhile then lifted the playfield to find the ball. Next ball got stuck under guantlet. Fixing this I found how it got into the cabinet, there is a gap in the back board right of the guantlet where a ball can fit through. Made a lexan guard to fit under the gauntlet and ball cannot go through gap and wont get stuck.
2nd - Black widow ramp stopped detecting balls. Led sensor failed, probably because Led sensor got shorted out by screw holding plastic above ramp being too long. Shortened screws replaced Led sensor.
3rd - Black widow ramp launching balls into glass really really forcefully. It would clip the edge of the clear plastic at the top of the ramp and deflect into the glass. I made another lexan piece to extend further down the ramp. No more glass strikes.
4th - Captain marvel ramp rejects and balls falling out and getting stuck on top of the part of the ramp that crosses over to the right of the playfield. At the apex of the ramp the ball could fall out because the ramp itself opened up at that point and it was past the plastic cover. Made another lexan piece that extended past the apex, also made lexan piece to cover the gap at the bottom of the ramp. No more balls falling out.
5th - top drop target not dropping on hard straight hit. Cant seem to improve this.
6th - after about 50 plays a clear plastic piece flew across the playfield during a high scoring game. Screws had fallen out under hex standoffs. Found screws in bottom of cabinet.
7th - Playfield chipped under post at entrance to Captain america shot through pops. Fitted washer to cover chip (don't like that but stern wont cover)
So basically I have had the glass off this one more times than any of my other sterns.
Still its a fun game

7 months later
#11870 11 months ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

On my AIQ Pro it came with a broken plastic at the base of the Sanctum target. This is the cover to the back left pop bumper. When I went to replace it with a new one I discovered that the replacement plastic doesn’t have the L-brackets that the vertical plastic (the one with the “add a ball” and other lights) would attach into. It also seems like the L-bracket is attached to the plastic with some sort of rivet. Finally, I assume there should be two L-brackets (one on each side), which is what it seems like from the manual.
So my questions are:
1) Are there two of these L-Brackets normally?
2) Where can I get these L-brackets?
3) How can I attach them to the plastic? Does it have to be riveted on or is there a screw and locking nut that can work?
Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1> Yes
2> No idea, But it would be easy to make one.
3> Its called a semi Tubular rivet. Drill out the one you have left and recover the bracket. You can get semi tubular rivets in the US easily. Try Hansons.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11887 11 months ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

Do you think it’d be possible to replace the tubular rivets with Chicago screws, maybe with loctite, to make future repairs / replacement easier?

Cool you taught me something, I didn't know what a chicago screw was. Having now seen them not sure if they would close down enough to clamp the thin plastic against the metal. Worth a look I suppose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

4,999 (Firm)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,924 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_mario.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=c_mario and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.