IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 3 years ago

It looks to me like they changed the finish on the glove - darker and with a bit more shading.

3 weeks later
#1669 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

I just know this one is going to be handled by many fork lifts over its journey and I hope I don't see any damage...

I wouldn't worry too much - plenty of us live quite far from IL and never have problems

1 week later
#2204 3 years ago

Received my Premium today. I had a couple minor issues but I have to agree that the QA concerns are way overblown. In general I find Stern QA just as good as the JJP’s I’ve bought new - maybe the tech isn’t as fancy but the reliability has been there.

Stern also makes things easy to work on. I find that the screws are reachable, the leaf switches are easy to access and adjust, the lockdown bar clamps are much better than the old spring loaded arm, the swing down display is great, and the boards are easy to inspect. Even installing the quieter fan is simple because the backbox is so organized.

For reference, my two issues were: Thor led board was unplugged, and the avengers tower opto board had a loose connection. Both were 5 second fixes although I admit it took me quite a while to figure out the tower because the behavior was inconsistent.

Anyway, I’ve already replaced the rubber with Perfect Play (before even playing a full game), added a subwoofer output, a quiet fan, a shaker, and PDI glass. It’s going next to my JP prem and I’m very happy with the game. Super fun and more accessible than JP. The ramps are some of my favorite I’ve ever shot.

#2237 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBrownstone:

I have an Avengers pro, same problem here, specially at the finishing shot for soul gem.... very annoying! The lock magnet works fine about 80% of the time i would guess. i hope they can fix it with some new codes

A flaky tower, you say? That's what I had, and it turned out the opto board connector was halfway off. You have to take the plastic cover off the tower to check it, but that fixed my issues and now my tower works 100% of the time. The cable was under a bit of tension, so I pulled what slack I could into the tower.

#2286 3 years ago

In a gem quest, I'd love to have a drain take away a chunk of my health rather than losing the battle. For mediocre players like me, it's so discouraging to get my opponent down to almost no health and then lose all progress because of the drain. Why not take 30-50% of my health for a drain (as an option - good players could still go hardcore)?

If you've taken some damage you'll die anyway, but if you're dominating you'll get a second chance.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think the issue is that changing a drain to only decrease health would mean you wouldn't be able to lose the quest, since currently the only way you can lose the quest is to drain. I think your health bar only determines your bonus for the quest. The more health you have left the bigger bonus you get. Zero health remaining only means zero bonus for the quest, and you can still win the quest with zero health remaining.
So it's a design choice they went with to say the value of wining the gem merits a drain being a big risk.

You would still lose by draining, but only when your health is low enough that the hit would take you to zero (or your health was already zero).

#2299 3 years ago

I understand that not everyone would want a drain to cost health, but it's an option I'd like to have. Leave it off by default and everyone wins.

Of course I recognize Stern isn't going to do it, but I can dream.

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Love the ball save fixes!!!

Same here. I thought the previous behavior was intended and it felt really unfair. I need all the help I can get!

1 month later
#3607 3 years ago

Stern sent me a new subway - in my case I needed the plastic and the mech - and it’s working much better so far. I’m still getting the occasional two-balls-in-one-section but my other issues are hopefully fixed. I was getting lots of trapped balls - sometimes on a divider and sometimes at the edge of the plastic.

For what it’s worth, the redesigned plastic is all most folks should need (if you have the original design) unless your dividers are messed up. Mine stuck up when they were in the down position.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Can anyone point me toward a good maintenance guide? AIQ is my first pin, and I'd sure appreciate a bit of mentorship on proper maintenance before I spread turtle wax all over the inside in hopes of keeping the play flowing smoothly... Thanks!

Just keep it clean and you’ll be fine. A lot of folks use wax but it’s not strictly necessary. It’s easy to go overboard babying machines, but they are designed to go on location and get a lot more abuse than what they’ll see in a home. I’m not saying neglect it of course, and I expect you’ll get other opinions that you have to wax it weekly or it will be destroyed, but honestly they are robust machines.

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Thanks that is helpful - the thought of adding wax was making me a bit uneasy. I've been wiping it down with a dry paper towel - good enough?

You’ll want something that can take off the rubber that accumulates on everything. I use novus 2, but it’s a polish so you don’t want to do it all the time. Isopropyl alcohol is fantastic at taking the rubber off and harmless to the playfield, although you probably don’t want to soak it. Just a light spray on a microfiber towel first.

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most important waxing rule: don't use liquid waxes.

And it gets everywhere. I restored a machine with years and years of liquid wax residue buildup. Every crevice, in the mechs, covering the subway. Yuck.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah definitely getting black lines down the high travel areas - clearly that the black rubber wearing down at coating the play field.

I replace the black rubber with Perfect Play or Titan on all my machines. It sheds less.

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Sorry for the newbie question - you have a goto site for picking up accessories?

Pinball Life, Titan Pinball, and Marco Specialties are good shops. I’m sure there are others!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=bbulkley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.