IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#671 3 years ago

Wellp the streams got to me...Put a deposit down on a premium. I have a Turtles pro coming, so that will certainly hold my attention until I get Avengers (next year, it seems?)!

2 months later
#4091 3 years ago

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

#4113 3 years ago

A lot more divisive replies than I was expecting haha. Since the next builds aren't until March maybe I'll just put a deposit down and decide what to sell once the game is ready. Knowing me I'll probably end up not selling anything

1 month later
#5107 3 years ago

Got the email from Cointaker yesterday saying my premium is ready to ship. I had ordered for the March run, so that was a nice surprise . I'll be in the club soon!

#5288 3 years ago

It's here! Woo!

2021-02-18 (resized).jpg2021-02-18 (resized).jpg
#5308 3 years ago

I set my AIQ up last night, this game is fantastic! I might be my favorite Elwin, it's only been a day so it's hard to say right now. Are rejects from the center ramp plastic piece common? I have had numerous shots hit the edge of that piece and get totally rejected. I also think my portal needs some adjustment. It randomly stops raising at times, and doesn't fully raise itself often.

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've had shots reject off that plastic above the Black Widow ramp on mine. If I remember correctly, it happened a fair amount when I had pitch set higher. I lowered the pitch slightly and now it doesn't happen very often.

I do like to play my games pretty steep. I'll try lowering it, it's at 7.2 right now .

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I set my AIQ up last night, this game is fantastic! I might be my favorite Elwin, it's only been a day so it's hard to say right now. Are rejects from the center ramp plastic piece common? I have had numerous shots hit the edge of that piece and get totally rejected. I also think my portal needs some adjustment. It randomly stops raising at times, and doesn't fully raise itself often.

I think I've fixed the portal issue. Ultimately I reflowed the connections on the sensor board and reseated the connections going to the node board. After that my portal is working properly.

#5335 3 years ago

Wow I wish I had heard about the issues with the Ant-Man rail earlier. Three days in and my rail has already scraped away the art around it. I have a set of Cliffys on the way, but it's still a bummer. For now I've raised it up with a washer.

It's odd that some games seem to have a washer on it from the factory. Mine was built Feb 8 and did not.

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Sorry to hear that, it’s been all over this thread for some time. Might contact stern since they did make adjustments for it?

Yeah I shot them an email, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure how I missed it, though I also didn't spend much time in this thread until receiving the game. Lesson learned for the next time I get a game.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Chances are that your Thor ball guide is digging in as well, and you want to get a washer on that sooner then later.

Yep I took care of that one when I did the Antman rail as it looked like it was begging to do some damage.

#5413 3 years ago

Well I got annoyed enough by the lack of a "handle" (I realize it isn't really a handle) that I decided to model and print one since the tnuts are there. Not the best, but it works and didn't immediately break.

I threw it on thingiverse in case anyone wants to print one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4774832

PXL_20210225_014005147.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210225_014005147.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210225_014222805.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210225_014222805.MP (resized).jpg

#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Well I got annoyed enough by the lack of a "handle" (I realize it isn't really a handle) that I decided to model and print one since the tnuts are there. Not the best, but it works and didn't immediately break.
I threw it on thingiverse in case anyone wants to print one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4774832
[quoted image][quoted image]

I tweaked the handle a bit and added iqhandle-v2.stl to the thingiverse page. This is a bit shorter and slopes down slightly. I didn't like how close the top of v1 is to the cabinet, instead of 1/8 inch clearance it now has around half an inch. After testing this a dozen or so times I don't really think a version with extra support is needed. It's not lifting much weight at all and seems very sturdy at 30% infill.

Pic of v2:

PXL_20210225_162836916.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210225_162836916.MP (resized).jpg
#5482 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Let me know when you finish that fix I'll buy both the CM and BW ramp fixes.

I would think a plastic that just comes out further would do it. At least on mine it's hitting the edge of the plastic whenever it gets rejected. If I had a laser cutter I'd give it a shot.

#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Yeah that's pretty much the idea....I'll dress it up with her emblem or something

I'm happy to be a test subject if you come up with something

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's cool for a budget way to go. However, the external AMP really opens the speakers up a lot more than the built-in stern spike version. I tried that when I had my IMDN and was limited in the amount of bass from the cabinet and output I could get from the BB speakers before the audio started to crack. Having said that, I do like my audio cranked more that the average player, so my demands are greater than normal.

I did the same on my Maiden, it is shocking how much a new amp changes the sound. I spent like $50 on new speakers and an amp, it completely changed the sound. I'm considering doing the same with Avengers.

1 week later
#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I just mentioned this yesterday...1490.625

Wow, my fastest is 750.

#5783 3 years ago

Is there an easy fix for fly balls getting stuck in the prem/le wireframe intersection? This is a real issue for gameplay. Tried an old outlane plastic in there mounted under the nearest wireframe screw and it worked but is ugly, wondering if there is a place I can order custom clear one to my specs. The non clear blocks the view of collect gem led so painting the old scrap isn’t really a great option.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I emailed Stern about this and they asked for a video of it, apparently they'd not heard of this happening. It happens every few games for me and I haven't been able to come up with a fix. I feel like there needs to be a plastic guard above the two wireforms or something similar.

2 months later
#7067 2 years ago

Just got my parts back, here’s a preview[quoted image]

I seriously do not know how to feel about this. I simultaneously love it and hate it, ultimately all that matters is that you like it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=atrainn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.