04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1470 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I really like Sterns new lighting coming from the apron. It helps light up the flipper area and the artwork in the area. It would be cool if Stern put out a kit to retrofit other Spike 2 games with that.

I did it on my Deadpool, was fairly easy to do. Pics are a bit rough, but you get the idea. $5 in materials and it makes a notable difference to the lower PF.

Apron Light (resized).pngApron Light (resized).png
#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

You can just order the newer apron from your distributor or cut your existing one if you have the right tools.

Did you order a new apron or cut your existing one?

Very easy to do with a Step Drill Bit Set. The hole on stock aprons is approx 7/8". I just installed a metal apron my AIQ Pro this morning and drilled out both sides. Trickiest part is lining it up, but if you are adding your own lighting then you don't even have to worry about that as you can put the lights where ever you ended up putting the hole

20201016_124133 (resized).jpg20201016_124133 (resized).jpg
#1593 3 years ago

Changed out the upper flipper to match the Hulk area...

20201018_152230 (resized).jpg20201018_152230 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2395 3 years ago

There should be a spacer underneath the ramp bracket.

Spacer (resized).jpgSpacer (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Cliffy makes a Cliffy for this area on the game. This is the only guiderail that touches the playfield. Every other guiderail is cut a bit off the playfield so nothing touches.

The Thor captive ball rails touch down too, at least on the Pro model it does.

#2708 3 years ago

Duplicate poat

1 month later
#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I think the topper collects the gems across multiple games and when you collect the sixth, you do get a new mode.
With that said - I don't have the topper to confirm, but remember hearing this.

That is correct.

2 weeks later
#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Would anyone be interested in this mezel mods tower? It doesn’t have the led strips in the top and it looks like the prior owner used a soldering iron to remove material to make the tower fit better before the Mezel fix.
Looking to get what I paid back for it $75 shipped in the US.
This is the old ad for it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mezel-tower-mod#post-5984942
[quoted image]

PM sent.

1 month later
#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Topper is here,
Quality is below average
Gem lenses are washed out
Programming is better than expected.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I added film to make the gem colours richer and also put a spacer in between each of the panels so the light was better diffused instead of pinpoint.

20201222_201706 (resized).jpg20201222_201706 (resized).jpg20210226_211253 (resized).jpg20210226_211253 (resized).jpg
#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

They makes a lot of sense. Will have try. What type of film did you use?

The ones pictured were from XPin:
https://xpinpinball.com/product/vinyl-sample-kit/
The gel filters listed above are what I had a buddy use. They are a bit lighter so you can double up or mix different colours to get the result you want.

**You can also use either of these films on clear inserts under the PF or on washed out flashers**

#5571 3 years ago
Quoted from ray3127:

I am seriously interested in an AIQ. I have played the Premium and prefer its gameplay over the Pro. However, I do not care for Thanos all over the place on the translite and cabinet. I understand I can order a Pro translite, but I'm still stuck with the cabinet art. I also gather that many people (perhaps most) prefer the Premium cabinet art.
Is there any way to do a cabinet swap? i.e., find somebody with a Pro that wants the Premium cabinet, and swap cabinets? Or possibly purchase the Pro cabinet graphics from Stern?

Yes, you can swap the PF quite easily so if you find someone that wants to swap with very little effort. If I recall correctly, all you will need to do is disconnect 2 molex connectors, cut a few zip ties to disconnect the ethernet cable from the back box. Keep in mind, this will effect warranty (what little there is) and possibly resale value.

You can also order Pro cabinet art from any authorized Stern dealer. Here are the part numbers:
Avengers Backbox Decal Left 820-76R1-01
Avengers Backbox Decal Right 820-76R1-02
Avengers Cabinet Decal Left 820-76R1-03
Avengers Cabinet Decal Right 820-76R1-04
Avengers Cabinet Decal Front 820-76R1-05

I agree, it is too much Thanos. I was thinking of doing the right side in Pro art and leaving the left side in Prem art...nice balance of good vs evil

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So I'm kinda new to pinball and have been modding my cabinets a bit. I got speaker lights and, per the instructions, have them plugged into CN11 on the main in-cab board. I just bought flipper lights and the instructions say to also plug into CN11. Is there anywhere else I can plug them into instead, since that port is taken?

You can use a splitter,. It has a 1A fuse so you do not exceed the power allowance from the board.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-6-long-with-2-way-y-splitter.html

Or you can plug the speaker light into the backbox by using this kit which will also allow for additional mods in the future.

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

#5873 3 years ago

So the right return on the Pro has a single 3/4" rubber stretched between the two posts which allows the ball to roll right by. The Prem/LE has a 3/16" on each post which makes them stick out and the ball gets a random bounce every time it rolls down the right lane guide.

Solved: Make sure the side rail is bent so it is in line with the rubber. Mine from factory was pushed in causing ver random bounces.

Right Return (resized).jpgRight Return (resized).jpg

#5986 3 years ago

I owned a Pro, now own a Premium and I have no regrets. Hardware upgrades are great and the game plays better because of them.

3 weeks later
#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I can't wait until Pinball browser is updated and we can replace audio/video in this game. The terrible music/callouts and boring video are my only real complaints with this game. I love the ruleset and layout.

It is updated yesterday to support it.

3 weeks later
#6889 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Curious for those that have played the premium version. I have only played the pro and it is a great game. Is the premium worth it. I have a SW premium and to me the hyperspace multiball is worth the cost to me.
Does AIQ have same feeling or better to get the pro?
thanks in advance.

I owned the Pro for a few months before upgrading to the Premium....no regrets.

1 week later
#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Got a look at the shooter rod! Hoping it lights up like the JP amber.
[quoted image]

It does light up, watch the accessories video. I was hoping it would change colour to match the gems, but looks to be white only.

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Rejoining the club with an LE after trading away my premium a while back(my kid is begging me to get one again). Have they added in co-op to this game yet? I know it was talked about as a maybe early on, but I dont think Keith was too keen on it.

Welcome back to the club!

No, it was not added unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=aquapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.