IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#645 3 years ago

If anyone wants to see and hear the new code, there is a long video tonight from Deadflip. Lots of great speech, and sound effects added. Also some cool ending clips on the screen for when you complete a gem quest (think Deadpool). I agree with heyitsjoebob that it would be awesome to make these moments feel extra special (with big sound effects and lighting).

Thanks so much for doing these streams Jack!

3 weeks later
#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

- All Gem Quests - Quest Final Blow display effect now has higher priority than Mulitball jackpots

This is huge IMO. As discussed before, there were times when you would win the gem quest and have no idea whether or not you did because of other things going on on the screen. I hope there are big sound effects or callouts that go with these events to make it more special.

Wonder if they put the battle Thanos mode back in with 0.92. From what I saw in older streams, that mode seemed pretty cool and polished. Way more so that the Black Order and Battle Royale wizard modes. The rules are there for these 2 modes, but the presentation seemed really bland. Just static text on the screen and not a lot of fanfare, callouts or sound effects. Here's hoping they make all 3 of these modes amazing experiences and not just point quests.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just updated to .92 and my Dr Strange disc has stopped working.. it just stays up. Diagnostics doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure of cause.. anyone else have that issue?

Maybe you downloaded and installed the pro code by mistake.

#1845 3 years ago

Deadflip is streaming the new code right now if anyone would like to check it out.

1 week later
#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Did you order from Nitro or P1? I placed an order literally within 30 min of the announcement and I haven't heard anything about Premium here yet.

I ordered from P1 and haven't heard anything.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah email was from Jerry. I wasnt expecting mine until the end of the month

Got my email from Jerry at P1 as well. So excited!

1 week later
#2981 3 years ago

Has anyone taken the Gauntlet off their premium or LE? If so can you please post how you did it?

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also leveling my Dr Strange disc stopped my phatom disc hits.

How did you end up levelling your disc? Mine is off the same as yours.

1 week later
#3155 3 years ago

Traditionally, Stern has done a Thanksgiving code drop for a number of games right before the holiday. Wondering if AV will get one tomorrow as its been a couple of weeks. Hopefully with Thanos mode back in the game.

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code!
V0.94.0 - November 24th, 2020
=============================
- Secret Skill Shot - adding a second Secret Skill Shot
- Drop Targets - added flash effects when targets are hit or bank is completed on flasher above the Drop Targets
- Combos - added a sound effect at the instant a combo is achieved
- Time Gem - when placed on Captain America shot Pop Bumpers now add time (1 sec for < level 1, 2 sec for level 1, 3 sec for level 2)
- Time Gem - fixed an issue when placed on Hulk spinner, shots were adding time per spin
- Time Gem - fixed an issue when placed on the Drop Targets, completions would not add time
- Reality Gem - fixed an issue when placed on Drop Targets completions would sometimes be double counted
- Reality Gem - changed shot multipliers to uncollected: 2x, collected: 3x, level 1: 4x, level 2: 5x
- Mind Gem - fixed an issue with Mind Gem spotted shots not taking Quest Portal Lock multipliers into account
- Mind Gem - changed Mind Gem when placed on Drop Targets, now only gives you 1 use
- Mind Gem - when placed on Drop Targets the Action Button controls the lit square but no longer subtracts from use count
- Soul Gem Jackpot - show shot multiplier on display if there is any
- Soul Gem Jackpot - fixed an issue where the jackpot value was being calculated and not rounding score to the nearest 10 properly
- Black Panther Shot - no longer allows chaining repeat shots together to advance counts (similar to how Black Widow shot works)
- Iron Man Shot - now takes 2 completions instead of 1 to power up to Level 2
- Time Gem Quest - only disables the Drop Target bank during the Drop Target phase of the mode (instead of the entire mode)
- Mind Gem Quest - the Controlled Avenger arrow is now blinking faster and if shot all 3 phases, the final Sanctum shot is spotted for you
- Space Gem Quest - increased scoring a bit for this mode
- Super Disc - remove shaker motor during award... causes endless feedback loop of shaker -> award -> shaker -> award
- Mystery - fixed an issue where 'Bonus Held' award was never getting awarded
- Spot Iron - added Spot Iron difficulty adjustment and defaults to EASY which will keep Spot Iron lit when the game starts until you light lock the first time
- Iron Man Multiball - increased starting jackpot value to 1M
- Iron Man Multiball - now each disc tick increments jackpot value 5K
- Iron Man Multiball - Strange spellout removed, complete 2 jackpots for each phase to light the Tower Super Jackpot Phase
- Iron Man Multiball - Tower Super Jackpot phase now must be completed before the next phase starts
- Iron Man Multiball - added a sound effect for the disc spin in the Super Jackpot phase
- Iron Man Multiball - display information updated with new instructions and better information
- Iron Man Multiball - display priority increased so background information shows up over stacked Quests
- Iron Man Multiball - increased default Tower Super Jackpot and Disc Super Jackpot timers a few seconds
- Iron Man Multiball - added audible timer countdown for Super Jackpots
- Iron Man Multiball - Tower Super scoring is now 2x-4x Jackpot Value and increases to 3x-5x when Iron Man is powered up to Level 2
- Iron Man Multiball - Disc Super Jackpot scoring is now 50K per disc tick (from 25K), increases to 2x when Iron Man is powered up to Level 2
- Iron Man Multiball - Jackpot Value is reset after each Disc Super Jackpot is collected with a permanent bump of 250K for each Tower or Disc Super Jackpot
- Thor Multiball - now allows you to collect the rest of the lit jackpots if you light Mjolnir, once they are all unlit you must then hit Mjolnir to relight them
- Avenger Level Bonus - fixed a issue where the value would be calculated wrong if many Avengers were powered up to Level 2
- Soul Gem Mode - fixed an issue where flips were being removed before the intro completes
- Black Order Multiball - added sound effects when Drop Targets are completed
- Battle Royale Challenge - fixed an issue where the total speech would not end before game transitioned to Match screen
- Battle Royale Challenge - fixed an issue where award display effect would sometimes play in Attract mode after you forced end game with Start + Left Flipper
- Battle Royale Challenge - fixed an issue where winning would collect balls and kick out and plunge the ball right away instead of waiting for the total screen to complete
- Battle Royale Challenge - fixed an issue where intro video would not play if challenge mode was played before
- Computer Grid - added 'Light Computer Frenzy' which is now just a normal bingo award that is part of the list
- Computer Grid - when you complete Grid Awards and reach then end of the list it will continue to keep adding more Light Computer Frenzy awards until you collect at least one
- Computer Grid - collecting Light Computer Frenzy lights at Portal, but you can keep collecting more Light Computer Frenzy awards and those will make Computer Frenzy start with +1 ball per completion
- Computer Grid - you must still play all 6 super modes to re-enable the normal computer list awards, otherwise you will just get 5 millions
- Computer Grid - if you complete 6 modes before getting Computer Frenzy, you must play Computer Frenzy first before new awards show up again
- Computer Grid - unused 'Light Computer Frenzy' squares get turned into 5 millions when you start Computer Frenzy
- Computer Frenzy Multiball - don't allow Quests to stack with this mode
- Computer Frenzy Multiball - hold the ball and don't launch any from the trough until the intro screen display effect finishes
- Gem Mania - collecting all 6 topper gems begins this mode when the last Gem is collected
- Trophy Mania - no longer reseting wizard mode order after Trophy Mania
- Trophies - fixed an issue where sometimes Trophies could be downgraded
- Shield Bonus - added high score champion
- Gamma Ray - fixed an issue where when you start Change Gems you have to wait until entire Gamma Ray finishes
- Attract Mode - adding conditional topper mode status page
- Attract Mode - adding conditional Challenge Mode / Normal Mode page
- Strange Motor - fixed an issue where Strange Motor goes up when grace period of modes are still going
- Strange Disc Diagnostic - fixed an issue with missing strings for non English languages
- Light Shows - adding many more light shows
- Speech - adding many more speech calls
- Topper - adding a few more topper light shows
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'SPOT IRON DIFFICULTY' defaults to EASY, can be set to HARD to revert to previous behavior
- added 'GEM MANIA BALL SAVE TIMER' defaults to 30 seconds
- added 'GEM MANIA ADD-A-BALL TIME' defaults to 15 seconds
- added standard champion adjustments for Gem Mania
- added standard champion adjustments for Shield Bonus
- System - Updated to V2.63.0

Wow. I called that like 8 minutes before it happened. Its like I have Kenedain inside information...

Looks like there is a topper mode. Too bad no Thanos yet. Here’s hoping that they have an extra Thanos mini mode after 3 gems.

I also hope they improve the display during Black Order MB. That really needs some love.

1 week later
#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Does the topper unlock any new gameplay modes?

Per the readme file for 0.94:

- Gem Mania - collecting all 6 topper gems begins this mode when the last Gem is collected

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'GEM MANIA BALL SAVE TIMER' defaults to 30 seconds
- added 'GEM MANIA ADD-A-BALL TIME' defaults to 15 seconds

1 month later
#4809 3 years ago

Really liking the newest update. Great light shows and I think the Thanos Attacks mode works well with the theme. Nice background screen with the sanctum. Good risk reward for the mode (bring in more gems, its a harder and longer battle but you can get big points).
I do think that the "Battle Thanos" light should light up when Thanos Attacks is ready (as you are battling him).

One thing I would really like to see is some polish to the Black Order Multiball. The background screen is boring and basic and takes you out of the theme integration.

Anyone been to the Final Thanos battle and can provide an update on the rules for it?

#4891 3 years ago

If anyone wants to feel really bad about their performance, check out this video. Shows you just about everything there is to see in the game. SPOILER ALERT - final Battle Thanos mode reached at 1:46:00 and defeated.

#4910 3 years ago

With Thanos now in the game, it seems really complete. Overall, I love it but I have a few nit picks:

- The trophy room background is blah (as most would agree);
- The Black Order Multiball background screen looks empty with a generic space picture;
- Some of the final blow shots for the gem modes have a nice sound effect when you hit them but the volume of the sound effect should be increased for the final blow to make it a bigger event and so that you know you have finished the mode if you are in a MB;
- Does anyone else find it odd that they took out the Thanos mode for 3 months, and when they replaced it, its basically the same as was originally in the game? If you watch the original Deadflip video when he gets to Thanos, it had 2 stages. Now, "Thanos Attacks" is the same as the first stage (fighting for your gems), and "Battle Thanos" is the second stage (a fight with a lifebar), but made even more simple (i.e. it now doesn't have the perks based on the gems that you have and anti-perks for the ones that Thanos has). Why take it out for months and then not change much at all?
- Still no Adam Warlock in the game.

Hope they can add a few things to the code in the last updates.

3 weeks later
#5524 3 years ago

Anyone having issues where a ball should be held in the subway and the game kicks it out for no real reason (i.e. thus giving you a multiball when you shouldn't be in one)? Wondering if this is a code or mechanical issue.

If its mechanical, I can't figure out what the issue is. The trough optos all seem fine, as to the optos in the subway mech.

Any help would be appreciated.

#5557 3 years ago

Thanks to all for the input.

From what I can tell, I don't have a wiring issue and the optos seem to be working correctly in the subway.

What I do notice is that there is some "slop" in the fingers of my mech. There is a lot of movement from side to side. Also, there are times when the fingers do not go up all the way. Its as though they are getting caught on the sides of the subway plastic (perhaps due to the slop), or the mech can't / won't push them up all the way. Then the ball gets pushed through the subway when it shouldn't. That would make sense as to why a ball gets put up on the playfield when it shouldn't.

I have sent an email to Stern and will see what they say. I hope a new mech will solve my issues. Everything was working fine for months. Its only become an issue over the last week or so. That's why I think its a mechanical failure that I hope will be solved.

2 weeks later
#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

I made a tutorial video for those who want something to help them learn some of the basic rules:

Excellent tutorial Ray! Thanks for doing this.

#6037 3 years ago

Watching Ray's video and seeing the new background screen gave me hope that they still may add Adam Warlock into the game.

I'm thinking you could add a cool element that doesn't change anything major, but just adds a new small perk. How about having to hit a unique 7 way combo (spelling W-A-R-L-O-C-K with each shot as displayed on the screen). For example , on the premium / LE: Black Panther - Black Widow - Gauntlet Ramp - Hawkeye - Black Widow - Captain Marvel - Tower (with ball hold for final shot to the combo). Hit all 7 shots and you get some sort of perk (e.g. completes a gem mode if you are in one, awards an Avenger if not in a gem mode, powers up Avengers, etc). Or perhaps the perk you get is based on the number of gems you have collected already (i.e. when Warlock is collected and he uses the gems to do something good - more gems you have, the better the perk).

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Put up a decent score today and got 4 of the 6 gems and reached Black Order multiball for the first time in a month or so.
I can’t put my finger on why, but when I reach comparably difficult mini wizard/longer reaching goals like Horde on TWD, Team Up on TMNT 2M2M/Cyborg on IMDN or Destroy the Ring on LOTR, threes a sense of accomplishment with sound effects/music tracks/light shows exclusive to that mode and some kind of awareness you’re in a fairly difficult mode to get to.
Black Order is worth big points, but the music, sound effects etc...nothing is different and it doesn’t feel like an accomplishment to get there, when it should be, as you’re one set of Avengers away from getting to the final wizard mode, Battle Thanos.
I know this is a super minor complaint, I just feel like the big things I look for in a pin (layout, code) are phenomenal in AIQ, but the speech, music, graphics and details are lacking.

Couldn't agree with you more.

The game is awesome and very complete rules wise. It just lacks a bit of polish to the presentation at times.

The specialness of a mini wizard mode needs to be celebrated. And it can be done in many ways (color changing lighting, dimmed lighting, epic sound effects, tense music, unique call outs, and mechanically).

Think of the great modes in games like you mentioned.

The flashing lighting in Winter has Come in GOT makes you feel like you are in a snow storm. Just perfect theme integration.

Love the GI lighting effects in Fade to Black and Enter Sandman modes in Metallica. Plus the "Jack F#ckin' Pot!" makes me smile every single time.

In Star Wars, Dwight does a great job of making Escape from Boba Fett feel completely different from Lightsaber Duel and battling the Emperor just through GI lighting. Also, its so smart to hold the ball on the last shot to destroy the death star to get the big payoff on the LE / premium.

Horde is amazing because of the dark pulsing lighting that is matched to the sound effects. It actually builds tension.

Destroy the Ring is great for many reasons - the tense unique music with the "grunt" and yelling call outs that make you feel like you are battling Gollum. And I absolutely love the payoff of all the mechanisms firing after you complete the mode. There is ZERO doubt that you finished the mode and it feels great.

Its all the little things in these modes that makes them feel special. For those of us who play pinball for the modes and completion (not points or competition) those are the moments we chase like a drug.

In AIQ, there are modes that lack this polish.

There are times when you complete a gem mode (e.g. in a multiball) and you have no idea that you completed it. This is a decent accomplishment and should have more fanfare. IMO there should be no doubt that you finished the mode (i.e. through a distinctive sound - or at the very least a sound effect that is a lot louder).

The screen display when you start Black Order MB is a bland generic space scene. At the very least show who you are battling.

Another minor nit pick is that there is a great pulsing lighting effect when you start all gem modes EXCEPT for soul gem. Its cool that the lighting goes from blue to green, but then it should pulse green like the other modes.

There are great moments in the game (e.g. the lighting and sound effects in Gamma Ray) but less so in the moments that really deserve it.

I hope they are able / willing to add a few more touches to the game.

Rant over.

3 weeks later
#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Audio and callouts definitely have room for improvement but for the most part it doesn't impact game play enjoyment for me... except I think for one area that I'd still like to see improved. When I'm in IM or Thor multiball and finish a gem quest it's still sometimes hard for me to tell when the gem quest has been completed. I'd still like to see something that does a better job of letting me know during IM or Thor multiball that the gem quest is done. The shots, layout, rules, & gem strategy are so great though!

100% agree. I keep saying this over and over. Completing a gem quest is a big deal and there should be no doubt that you completed it (though either lighting, callouts, or a huge distinctive sound effect). My biggest complaint with the code right now.

1 year later
#9946 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Most people I talk to say the AIQ layout & flow are absolutely amazing and they love the way it shoots, but that they think there's just something missing from it. I think it comes down to AIQ not having enough emotion or those big pinball moments in games when you know you just did something big.
I love playing AIQ and I think it's a really great game, but I'm also the first to admit it lacks energy. Most callouts are way too flat/monotone, and while it has good light shows there aren't a lot of Wow! moments in the music and callouts like in other games. I think its best callout might be the one for extra ball. A lot of times when I'm playing a gem quest and still in a multiball I don't know for sure whether or not I've finished the quest because there's no energy to the callout that it's done. And even when I complete a quest in single ball play the energy of the game just seems like kind of a feeling of "okay, it's over now". The callout by the defeated enemy or the winning Avenger is spoken in a way that fits the story for a cartoon on TV, but that doesn't really translate to an exciting pinball win moment.
For me, I can overlook look the low energy of it because I love AIQ for it's pinball chops (layout & rules) and playing it a lot has made me a better pinball player, but I think if the game had even a bit more energy to it then it would be liked a lot more by a wider audience.

This is 100% accurate.

The game shoots great, and has solid / deep rules. But the "moments" just aren't there. It would just take a final code update to polish things up, but it seems like Stern / Elwin pulled the plug on the game. Comparing AIQ to the other 3 Elwin games, they all have WAY more polish. "Good enough" seems to be their attitude in this case which seems kind of sad.

#9953 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

To improve the callouts I'd guess they'd have to get new/additional voice work done and I'm guessing that won't happen. They used the Marvel voice actors for the callouts which I think was definitely a cool idea for the theme of the pin. I like the idea and the choice they made on it. I just think it didn't quite end up working out as good as it could have because those voice actors delivered their lines in a similar way they'd do it for their show instead of hitting it with more energy/attitude for a pinball game callout.

True, but there are other ways to create cool moments: Large sound effects / explosions, light-shows (dimmed lighting, strobing, fading or pulsing), or mechanical (e.g. firing all of the coils as in destroying the ring in LOTR).

1 month later
#10425 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question regarding gems and code. I thought I heard it mentioned that when Thanos steals a gem, it’ll light up on the glove. I guess my question is one, is this true? And if so, is it really hard to make out? Should it just have one gem lit? My glove seems to be working right but when Thanos has a gem, all the other gems are lit except the ones I’ve collected, but it still seems hard to decipher which one he has vs which ones are still available. Does that make sense?

If the mode has not been started yet, the light for that gem will be dim / flickering.

If you win the mode, the light goes out completely.

If you lose the mode, the light turns solid.

Its sometimes tough to tell if the light is dim or solid.

The glove belongs to Thanos. If the Black Order defeats you, he gets the gem and its lit solid. If you defeat the Black Order, you get the gem and the light goes out as Thanos can't get it.

#10426 1 year ago

I should also add that if the gem is flashing, you are in the mode. So the 4 states are:

Lit Solid = Thanos has it (you lost the mode)
Flickering = Pending (haven't played the mode)
Flashing = Currently up for grabs (in the mode)
Off = Thanos lost it (you won the mode)

#10427 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I should also add that if the gem is flashing, you are in the mode. So the 4 states are:
Lit Solid = Thanos has it (you lost the mode)
Flickering = Pending (haven't played the mode)
Flashing = Currently up for grabs (in the mode)
Off = Thanos lost it (you won the mode)

Also, the gems you have won will be shown on the bottom of the LCD screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,150 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 19.00
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.