IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3059 3 years ago

My modded out LE arrives tonight, pretty excited. Was gonna go for GnR but with the wait people are experiencing, I figure I'll check back on that after the holidays.

Just a random chatter question while I'm killing time for it to show up, what's your opinion on letting pins adjust to room temp before turning on? It's cold out there tonight, 21F currently, and has been in a trailer for close to 24 hrs, albeit in blankets. Would you give it more adjusting time than the 30-60 mins to set up? Some people seem to go overboard with this (6 hours, I once heard!). I'd imagine a rainy or humid day is a bigger issue than dry cold, but I dunno.

#3135 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I thought I would post some observations and impressions after having my premium for almost 2 weeks. I just had a breakthrough game (756M, 5 gems collected, made BOM...game on factory settings so there were a few extra balls). This is my first NIB (build date: Oct 29), although I have another modern Stern (ACDC Pro). Sorry in advance for the long post....
I like the geometry of the game and the variety (and number) of shots despite the relatively open pf. The CM ramp requires a strong and accurate shot, and the rejects are more than made up by the shots that whiz around. I love backhanding it by mistake during MB. The feeds on my machine are A1. Sure, there are a few SDTM drains from the pops (no more than my ACDC!). The feed down from the right orbit is about 25-75 on the left and right flippers respectively depending on whether they hit the posts on the way down, but rarely SDTM. Most ramp rejects are savable. The spinning disc is a marvelous throwback mech, and it injects just the right amount of randomness to the game. Why is the post always blocking the Sanctum when I need the mind gem final blow?!? The rising disc is the #1 reason I went Prem over PRo (the CM ramp was a close 2nd) and I am pleased with the decision. There are often SDTM drains from the tower if I forget to flip, but I think the .93 code has added a ball save (like on KISS). Note to self: stock up on extra rings for the upper flipper, because I am really good at firing balls right into the tip (that said, I am glad there is not a post there).
A few adjustments were needed to play it out of the box (I have mentioned some of these in previous posts). My bottom left flipper was incorrectly installed and the right one need to have the set screw tightened. The hulk spinner was only registering intermittently but this was easily fixed by adjusting the leaf switch upwards. My left return wireform is very rough in the final 2-3 inches before the drop to the inlane. We actually noticed some tiny metal shavings on the pf underneath the rough part when we unboxed it. I have sent pics to my distro, he will see if he can get Stern to replace it (I don't want it chewing up the balls!).
Man, that fan is loud.
It's pinball, so it's not perfect. I sometimes get 2 balls served at once, not sure if this is a trough switch issue but if it keeps happening I will have a look. When it happens I can let a ball drain and the game carries on perfectly after that. The only "glass off" stuck balls have been wedged under the gauntlet (once during a soul gem quest, argh). About 95% of launched balls make it around the orbit, and those that don't rattle around; I might try dialing down the coil a bit. I don't think I have had a single ball fall off the crossover wireform. I get airballs regularly, I like it when they jump up onto a wireform. Sometimes a missed CM shot will escape out the back left of the ramp. I get A LOT of bounces off the drop targets (can be frustrating when it happens in soul gem!). My disc spins and registers nicely. It is not perfectly level and eventually I will look into exactly how it should be adjusted. My playfield is dimpling but this was expected.
That's enough for now I'd be interested in hearing others' impressions and experiences! There could probably be a whole separate thread for the rules/tactics/strategies...

Nice writeup. I've not had the game for a week yet so my opinions will likely change, but:

- Might be the "flowiest" pin ever made. Up, down, and around without ever needing to stop, or even slowing down as long as you hit your shots.
- Maybe best ramps I've ever seen in a game, too. Huge fan of ramps and using the vertical space in a game, big reason why I bought Oktoberfest. It took me two full games before I realized which ramp goes which way. That's fun.
- Don't like that a lot of this game's challenge is sideouts. There's less risk/reward of shots here than most pins as all shots are easy-to-medium and very few bricks will send it SDTM, and instead a lot of end balls are just from bouncing out of the huge side drains.
- Wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but I like the Dr. Strange spinner a lot. Sometimes it's just in your damn way of an extra ball or ball lock, and you have to fight to move that spinner.
- Don't like the theme/art/assets, but themes are icing on the cake for me. Great if I like the theme, don't really care if I don't. I just wish there was some humor in this game. All pins should be lighthearted, imo.
- Speaking of the above, I am a long time lapsed superhero reader, and while I recognize all the heroes, who are these villains? I'm not sure I've heard of any of them outside of Thanos. Gimme some Kang or Red Skull or Ultron.
- Did I mention the ramps? SO. GOOD.
- The ball oddly seems less catchable/stoppable here than your average pin, and I've noticed that on videos as well. Going to replace the stock rubbers with Titans as I always do, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with flipper angle. Perhaps a conscious choice to make the game faster and frequently in motion.
- Love the fat ramp! I always like when a game has one easy shot, preferably in the back, somewhere to safely shoot during multiballs or other hectic moments, ala The Hobbit ramps.
- The subway ball shuttle on the prem/LE is pretty underwhelming since it's very difficult to see from the player's position

Keith is 3 for 3. Not sure I can rank those three yet, but they're all among the top-10 pins of the LCD era for me, that's an easy one.

2 months later
#4906 3 years ago

You folks who are getting the ball lock 2 freeze/crash, does it keep happening or does it seem to go away after occurring once? I've been holding off updating because of this, but if it seems to stop occurring after happening once, I guess I'll deal for now and update.

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone changed the settings on their slingshots?

I just did the other day for the heck of it, and because at least half of my drains were from the slings shooting it back and forth until it hits an outlane. Yes, I know, nudge up to dampen side-to-side motion, but the slings were so powerful it barely mattered. Sorry, I forget what I set them to, though. 16? 18? 22? Something like that. The sling-to-outlane still happens (which is fine, that's pinball), but it's not as constant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.