IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1887 3 years ago

I’m having problems with my subway. When one ball is locked, and I start a mode, the ball I’m playing ends up next to the locked ball in the subway and the game ends up going into ball search.

Anyone else have that issue on the new .92 code?

From what I can tell, it looks like subway is designed to hold 3 balls with some space in between them.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 months later
#5067 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a fix for the ball getting stuck under the glove in the back?

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah, Mazel Mods has a nice insert you can place there. Blocks the ball from getting stuck. I'm sure there is also a solution involving pliers and bent metal, but I think the money was well spent with Mazel.

The only thing I find on Mezel Mods is for the ball getting stuck in the pop bumper, nothing under the glove.

1 month later
#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I have an AIQ LE - (Back story) --- Stern just shipped my playfield replacement (Fully populated) due to issues with the old playfield. I just plugged in the 3 wires and the Cat cable from the backbox. I started up the machine just knowing everything would be PERFECT, lol... THEN - issues. Keep in mind that the old populated playfield I sent them didn't have anything wrong and the game played flawlessly. This new playfield should have been plug and play (reversing
the removal process with the new one).
I started out by launching the ball with the middle button on the lock bar. This happens - Once the GI comes on (About the time you would use the right flipper to send the ball (1st flip of the game) to the tower). I press the left flipper and the flippers (both right and left) go dead (Frozen for a second) and the LOWER Left GI goes out. They both flutter on and off for a second or so (Both the GI and the flippers being intermittent and dead like at some points in the seconds that pass). The Lower left GI the goes out completely and the flipper work again.
You can play game after game (New games) and nothing more happens. BUT the lower left GI won't work any more. When you reboot the game, this same scenario plays out over again.
I left a support inquiry for Stern since this is their new playfield they sent me. Really disappointed, but I have no idea how to diagnose these things. I have a job and other responsibilities to take care of, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to this. Curious if anyone else has ever had this issue, or what this possibly could be. There are NO ERRORS listed in the service menu and the boards all check out fine.
Thanks in advance. I am assuming Stern will have to send someone out to look at this - but MAYBE it's something easy to fix.

What were you playfield issues? Pics?

3 weeks later
#6719 2 years ago

Question regarding the updated plastic for the subway.

Will that stop 2 balls from being hung up at the last location before the up-kick?

4 weeks later
#7037 2 years ago

I installed the updated subway for the game. Very easy install, no more than 15 minutes.

The game plays 10 times better. No more ball hangs up down there.

4 weeks later
#7371 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Anyone had this issue with their game? Ball is getting stuck/trapped in the upper Pop, it wedges itself between the Popper and the metal guide rail. It's happened 5 times in 25 games, and always when I'm playing well
If you've had this issue as well let me know what your solution was. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball

2 years later
#12316 4 months ago

Well……I must say, now that my game plays properly, I LOVE this game. It is a ton of fun.

I had issues with a warped playfield……Stern sent me a new one. My friends thought I was crazy in doing a swap, but I do want the game to play properly.

Now I can finally discover the machine.

All my friends who have played mine didn’t like the game. It was a drain monster with the outlanes and the left orbit was impossible to hit. Now I hope they give it a fresh chance.

Here’s my swap: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doing-an-avengers-le-playfield-swap

#12319 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Uhh... how did you discover your playfield was warped? My new AIQ Pro (built in July, unboxed and delivered by distro in October) is an outlane drain monster and the orbits are stupid difficult to hit. I've been assuming it's just my poor skill, but none of my other new Sterns are that brutal (except maybe TMNT). I've tried different slopes, always leveling it left-right afterwards, etc.

My nudging wasn’t working.

Took the glass off, put the ball above the inlanes, then let off the ball and watch. The ball would go towards the outlanes.

Then I put a ruler on it to confirm.

IMG_3123 (resized).jpegIMG_3123 (resized).jpegIMG_3126 (resized).jpegIMG_3126 (resized).jpeg
#12322 4 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

do you have any idea why it got warped? or it was like this from day 1?

Not sure.

It could’ve been like that from day 1.

When the game got shipped, I wasn’t done building yet. I still had my basement to finish. By the time I really got to put any hours on it, a lot of time had passed. At least the playfield was free.

#12325 4 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Just noticed this on my new-to-me LE.
Is the consensus to lift the rail, add mylar, then add a washer? I'll get an order in with Cliff, but I gather he is still backed up for months.
[quoted image]

Washer and Mylar. Look at Thor area. Washers are needed there too.

JJP installs washers at the factory....time for Stern to follow.

#12327 4 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Stern sent me a replacement that was badly warped like that for my original which had clear coat damage. Luckily I found it and sent it back eventually getting a perfect one. I've not had the guts to try the swap yet but will check out your thread

Get the rotisserie from Doc on here. Get it with the extension for the rear.

Order t nuts and pre-install them.

You can do the swap in 18-20 hours. If I really put my mind to it, I think I could've cut it down to 15 hours. Everyone was telling me how these take weeks to do, so I went at it with a snails pace, when in reality, it can be done in 1 weekend.

I also recommend purchasing washers to install everywhere. With an empty playfield, it makes it extremely easy.

Last recommendation: mark everything with blue tape. I showed pics of that in my thread. When it came to putting everything back together, it made it so incredibly easy. I didn't need to think or refer to pictures.

What I also did, I kept all the screws together with their respective pieces. I used blue tape (or just screwed the nuts onto the threads) to keep them in place. So when it came time to use the nuts, screws, and washers...they were all right there. I didn't need to figure out what went where.

6 wires total is all I had to re-solder.

#12329 4 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

wow only 6 wires, that's awesome. Glad you had such a good go of it. I've been putting it off cause of the time commitment. Might do it over Christmas break now

It's not a huge time commitment.

Having the right tools make it go quick.

Having everything marked with blue tape, makes it go quick.

I didn't look at one photograph in putting it back together.....and I took hundreds.

Once you get going, you cover a lot of ground quickly.

#12342 4 months ago

Quick question regarding leveling the spinning disc:

The left side looks fairly level, the right side in just a hair or 2 too high. When the disc spins, then stops, the right side is just a little too high.

For this adjustment, am I just lifting the black plate (or whatever it is called) with the 2 screws, or is something underneath that should be adjusted as well?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynchburg, VA
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.