IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6781 2 years ago

Joined the club today.

E2215534-DD85-4C95-BA63-EC2531D12220 (resized).jpegE2215534-DD85-4C95-BA63-EC2531D12220 (resized).jpeg
#6794 2 years ago

I know I’m late to the club, but was wondering if someone could clue me in on how the lamps on the glove work. At the start of a game they are all on and kind of flicker. When one is collected is does shine more brightly, just seems weird they have that ghosting effect on purpose.

065D42CE-4F28-43DE-B58E-ABA487F19422 (resized).jpeg065D42CE-4F28-43DE-B58E-ABA487F19422 (resized).jpeg
#6796 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

You should see it shine more brightly and solidly when you LOSE a gem to Thanos. When you collect a gem the corresponding lamp goes out on the gauntlet (and appears on the playfield, wherever you place the gem). The initial “flickering” state represents the gems being in neither your nor Thanos’ possession.
Although I have a hard time distinguishing the 2 lit states on the gauntlet, I can still keep track of who has the gems through other cues (playfield, and the lcd screen).

Thanks, makes a lot more sense now. Just played and collected 3 gems and didn’t even think of their state on the glove.

1 week later
#6930 2 years ago

Having an issue in which balls in the Portal Lock are released prior to a gem quest. Anyone else have this issue?

#6933 2 years ago

Game seems to have fixed itself so maybe it was just a bug. I cycled through the varying game play choices and when starting up the next game in normal play it would release whatever balls were in the lock mech when the next portal lock was made. Seems to be working, but will report back if it happens again. Game has been working fine up until then.

#6938 2 years ago

Ball stops at ball lock 2 position even if just the first portal lock, this completely wrecks the game’s ability to know how many balls are in play. Any ideas? Switches tested done in subway test and it has a new finger lock mech.

9387730A-165A-4089-B1DA-EECA9D28908C (resized).jpeg9387730A-165A-4089-B1DA-EECA9D28908C (resized).jpeg
#6944 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It does not go into a ball search and plays like normal until a second ball goes into the disc or a MB is started at which time it releases too many balls.

1 week later
#7010 2 years ago

I just pushed down on the lower wire form and haven't had it happen since .

#7042 2 years ago

Dr Strange Disc RPM highest RPM to date started resetting between games. What’s up with that?

Never mind, hit the HS reset threshold and kept restarting after abysmal play.

1 week later
#7120 2 years ago

Is black order MB hard AF to build your jackpot value or is it just me?

#7134 2 years ago

I get stuck balls on the Cliffy for the 3 drop target bank

#7150 2 years ago

I love the fact that every gem has a reason to be played first. Hated the complexity of them, but not learning the nuances and really enjoying the strategy. Really look forward to seeing this game in a tournament with top players showing off their strategies.

#7171 2 years ago

How big of a pita is leveling the portal disc? Any tips?

#7181 2 years ago

PinballHaven Mine is out of plane similar to the video you posted, thanks for sharing, and I am still at a loss as to how the replacement bushing kit would help the issue. Are there instructions on how to use adjust the bushings to align the disc with the playfield? I don't see that information anywhere.

#7183 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

The replacement bushing kit does nothing for this problem. I eventually got stern to send me a new disc, which was also mildly out of plane but works well enough. It took them months to send.

That's what I was thinking I would need. Thanks

#7187 2 years ago

Contacted Stern about my Portal disc issue and they are going to send me a kit that includes a fix for the shaft opposed to the leveling bushing kit.

Really enjoy the shots and rules, but the game has some serious design issues that really take away from the playing experience.

#7191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Interesting, please share pics when you get it if it is more than just a new disc / post. Premium or pro?

Premium. My disc is basically doing the same thing as yours. To me it seems like the disc plate or shaft is causing the issue. Sucks as it creates air balls if on the low side or alters the path of the ball out of the slings. Pretty bummed about it tbh.

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen some posts with people using washers under the mounting bolts to shim the disc back to a level plane. Will this work for you guys?

Under the disc plate? I need to dig deeper, just sucks to play it right now.

#7201 2 years ago

I’m usually fine with a pro model, but the features in the premium are why I wanted it, without them I wouldn’t have wanted an Avengers. I’ll get it all sorted out and will play the shit out it, I’m just more in the play stage of pinball then have to fuck with a game to get it to work.

1 week later
#7303 2 years ago

Hmmmm….

Was sent the bushing repair kit, but my mech is nothing like what they think it is.

00AC99C2-D727-48AF-A129-9C6DA24FFCD2 (resized).jpeg00AC99C2-D727-48AF-A129-9C6DA24FFCD2 (resized).jpegD4BCEB7D-78A6-4142-AB53-7E9F7D961232 (resized).jpegD4BCEB7D-78A6-4142-AB53-7E9F7D961232 (resized).jpeg
#7304 2 years ago

Upon further inspection I think the pic is from a pro.

#7305 2 years ago

You can see the shaft is not centered inside the disc

1CF7190A-5BDA-48D1-86D9-B31DAE679D7F (resized).jpeg1CF7190A-5BDA-48D1-86D9-B31DAE679D7F (resized).jpeg
#7306 2 years ago

Used some 22AWG wire to pack around the post to center it inside the disc.

0DCCA817-D772-43B7-8267-E634A55006C8 (resized).jpeg0DCCA817-D772-43B7-8267-E634A55006C8 (resized).jpeg2F3E27A5-5458-493F-8885-3B4FE2C2A8F8 (resized).jpeg2F3E27A5-5458-493F-8885-3B4FE2C2A8F8 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7394 2 years ago

Had a couple reach out about the bushing kit I was sent. I have a premium so not sure if they sent me the wrong one or if it matters. They are supposed to send me a different kit for the portal disc flange issue fwiw.

703AA250-4262-42A4-AA4D-85929FCB41C2 (resized).jpeg703AA250-4262-42A4-AA4D-85929FCB41C2 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#8274 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Has anyone experienced an issue where between players, or even in the game, the disk will register points? You can watch the score continue to go up and up.
I tried to search this thread, but didn't find what I needed.

I had this happen when my disk was out of plane. Is your disk sitting properly?

1 week later
#8390 2 years ago

Finally joined the billion club

A6FC957C-7214-4184-9103-735B3B587411 (resized).jpegA6FC957C-7214-4184-9103-735B3B587411 (resized).jpeg
#8416 2 years ago

Had a decent game and collected all 7 gems for the first time, but Thanos Attacks didn’t occur until I had all 7 so I lost one prior to going into Defeat Thanos or whatever that mode is called.

I had collected the soul gem and played all the gem quest so not sure why it didn’t get triggered earlier in the game.

Anyone know the rules for how to trigger or avoid qualifying Thanos Attacks?

2 weeks later
#8579 2 years ago

I feel stupid for asking, but is there an indication on the playfield that Hawkeye challenge has been qualified?

Also, is there a way to tell which super modes have been played? My understanding is that playing them all will award you a MB, but I don’t see how you can tell what you have played.

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes Hawkeye Challenge has a round insert near the tower that lights up white when qualified.
When you hold a flipper up you can cycle through the info screen pages using the other flipper. The first pages are the status of the grid and what completing a line will award. The next page shows what super modes will be available next. Once all are completed you can get "Trophy" and "Computer Frenzy". Once you get Computer Frenzy you have to go into the portal (Premium/LE) to start the Multiball mode.
Also during a super mode the main screen will show the super mode status at the top of the screen and what color trophy you have earned for each mode.

Thanks. The grid rules are still confusing to me so trying to sort it out.

#8586 2 years ago

First off I found the Hawkeye insert, I’m stupid.

As for the grid; my understanding is that there is a mini wizard mode associated with completing the super modes. When in a super mode the icon is displayed on the screen, I just don’t know why those don’t stay up there to indicate what you have played already, seems like an easy way to gauge your progress.

I love Keith’s games and the nuisanced rules, but I think AIQ is just lacking in clarity of progress in regards to the grid. It’s such a deep part of the game, but trapping up to check your progress just seems antithetical to the game’s design. I’m not a rules person , but I do figure them out eventually and the grid is still eluding me.

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

It took me a long time to get a good grasp of the grid and I probably don't know all of it yet. You can go far and score big without paying much attention to the grid, but it can really help in many ways.
Trapping up and looking over the info screens is BIG on AIQ (at least for me, and I really never look at the info screens on a game like Deadpool). This is especially easy at the beginning of a ball, because you can let the flipper down and start the info sequence over again before plunging if you want to look at something again. Learning how to use the grid is a big advantage especially during the plunge. Going for the center target off the plunge will get you the Secret Skill Shot and the flashing grid square. If you time it right, (plunge when square prior to the one you want is flashing ) you can easily Spot Avenger by timing the center square. This can help Assemble Avengers and get to the next "wizard mode" quicker. Other squares award their prizes and also whatever row you complete (like Tic-Tac-Toe) you get the prize that is shown on the info screen at the outside of the 3x3 grid on the info screen.
Looking at the info screen to see what row will get Extra Ball, Super Disc, etc... can be very helpful when you learn to use it to your advantage. Of course a lot of my grid completions are random, but knowing if you can get an Extra Ball by completing a certain row is nice and can change your game strategy a little.

Thanks for the tips and info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=TaylorVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.