AIQ5 (resized).jpg
AIQ4 (resized).jpg
AIQ1 (resized).jpg
AIQ3 (resized).jpg
AIQ2 (resized).jpg
86757236-FD1B-4F9F-A8BC-93F776D1A8C9 (resized).jpeg
94F98B4F-2ED9-4ABC-BA5F-C2F6A28D0A1D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (1 year ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (1 year ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Bricarus (1 year ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (1 year ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (1 year ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (12 months ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (12 months ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4576 9 months ago

So I need help. Last night I installed my topper I ordered from Nitro Pinball last week. The pink stone all the way to right seems to work fine in attract mod but is nearly always on when playing the game. It doesn’t appear to match the game stones. Also lately it wants to serve two balls into the shooter lane randomly. It is doing it more and more? Thoughts? Running.95 code. Thanks for the help.

#4578 9 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't have the topper myself, but I believe it allows players to collect gems across multiple games and then unlocks a multiball once all 6 gems have been collected, no matter how many games it takes. That is probably why you have one gem lit all the time as you must have collected that gem after installing the topper?
The 2 balls in the shooter lane is most likely unrelated and may be a switch issue in the ball trough.

Thank you! I had that thought but was unsure. Yeah going to call stern Monday as trough looks good!

#4636 9 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone know if there is a way to reset the topper to get back to no gems earned? I got mine from someone who had already earned 4 of the 6.
Thanks![quoted image]

They aren’t from the previous machine they are on your machine when you put the topper on. You have to get the last two and it will reset.

1 week later
#4850 8 months ago

Sorry to break topic on new code but I know many have adjusted the Thor where digging into playfield. Mine is started to pool and now chip slightly. Looks like one nut holding it. How do I adjust up if that is the fix?

#4853 8 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Place a washer under the guide where the screw is, requires removal of the guide. Or, just loosen the nuts holding it on and tap it up a little to get it off the playfield and gently tighten the nuts. Search my posts, I wrote about it in this thread.

Metal washer?

138A50CB-AF7D-469F-B86F-BAFBE1E02872 (resized).jpeg7D66BA93-9946-497E-994E-83CBB63679CA (resized).jpeg
#4855 8 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, just don’t tighten it down too tight, you don’t want the washer digging in. Sorry to see you already have some damage. Check your pym guide too.

Ok. Thank you looks like in previous post was 8/32 washer.

#4860 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How is this happening? Is it too tight from the factory or does it happen during gameplay?

To tight from factory and over time it breaks off. Clear was dried on guide sides. I have watched for awhile and finally chipped.

#4861 8 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, just don’t tighten it down too tight, you don’t want the washer digging in. Sorry to see you already have some damage. Check your pym guide too.

Thanks pym is good.

#4871 8 months ago
Quoted from benjam47:

I use Ninja balls on nearly all of my pins. I eventually had to remove them from Batman 66 because they would get stuck on the magnet after the magnet turned off, but that's the only time that I've had to replace them.

With the Ninja great balls but does have magnetic issue.

#4893 8 months ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'm honestly digging the stern topper. Never thought I would say that with how much they cost. But something fun about collecting the gems and working towards some special multiball.
Blue or red PinGulp. I also added the external volume control/headphone Jack from pinball life.

I am not a topper fan but bought when available. We like it a lot still have not collected all.

#4965 8 months ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Warning:
Beating Thanos might generate an uncontrollable urge to high-five everyone in the house repeatedly, for longer than necessary. Residual high fives and saying "remember while I was beating Thanos and ..." may persist for 3-5 days after beating Thanos.
Warn nearby friends and family that high fives may unexpectedly occur to avoid accidents where someone is slapped in the forehead or to prevent an awkward "left hanging" sensation.
If you are allergic to adrenaline and high fives, beating Thanos might not be right for you.

Two thumbs up and high five.

#5029 8 months ago

My favorite game right now!

#5124 8 months ago

Anyone doing any custom movie and sounds clips can you pm me as interested?

1 week later
#5380 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on a premium but had a few questions...
1. How deep is the game compared to other "deep" games (my metrics are WoZ and LOTR for deep and something like WCS94 for simple)?
2. How friendly is it to new players/casuals? I remember one thing I didn't love about Star Trek was that the mode start shot was borderline impossible for my wife and other friends who never play pinball. Combos, loops, "big toy" targets are fine...But if you can't make any meaningful progress without incredibly accurate shots, it sort of ruins the excitement for lesser skilled players.
3. I've been reading this thread pretty thoroughly and see a good number of issues (some super small and simple to others quite in depth)...I'm assuming it's a crap shoot re: how good bad it is? What about the clear coat?
I believe there's a pro somewhat near me in Indy, but I don't know of any premiums nearby (there may be about an hour away after some additional research). I'm gonna do my best to get some games on one first, but I figured I'd get some input from y'all who currently own and have put a good number of games on one!

It makes lotr and woz look like a children’s book and this is a suspense novel.

It is really deep. If you aren’t a good player who can’t hit combo shots and all ramp and lane shots it is not for you. The out lanes eats the balls so you have to plan shots so the ball comes back the ramps to you. He has the angles setup perfectly to make you pay if you miss a shot. That third flipper blocks a lot. My daughter was having a bad game and had 13 million starting her third ball last night and was playing that ball and multi ball for 35 minutes and scored 746 million. So can be really deep. Black order is key. You need to read screen and hold flippers in prior to game to practice black order mode. She lost it by one shot. It is our favorite game now. Buy it!

#5468 8 months ago

Please beware of this AIQ LE. New pinsider. Never posted and something not right. He says it comes with stern le 3 year warranty only on a le. It appears it may be a scam. When I ask when it was purchase he told me go buy from someone else. Very Strange.

Archived after 33 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) “New in the box the price is firm I bought it for a friend he doesn't need it anymore. Sales tax in California has been paid on this game that's why the price is so high. Cash only ...”
2021-02-23
San Jose, CA
10,090 (Firm)

#5470 8 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do you have any mylar or protectors in your shooter lane? I put piece of mylar down on mine and had to remove it because ball would not make it all the way around.

I have Mylar works great no issues. Cliffys coming. My Mylar wore through. Never had this happen at around only 600 plays. Far edge.

#5471 8 months ago
Quoted from skogen75:

Well...Just got my premium yesterday after a long wait...I must say that this game is going to be great. I say "going to" because after I set it up and leveled it down the middle, the balls near the sides were curving hard to the right (on the right side of the playfield) and hard left (on the left side of the playfield).
Pulled the glass and yep...CONVEX, how bad is it? See pic...this is with a straight edge pressed down on the right side of the playfield looking at how far the straight edge is lifted on the left side of the playfield. Looks like ~4-5 mm over 380 mm (0.2 inches over 15 inches) maybe more. This is definitely enough to notice by observing ball travel (like a magnet toward the outlanes). Anyone else have this problem? I guess I need to get a hold of distro/Stern on this? (don't tell me I'm using a Chinese ruler, checked it on the jointer, it's flat ) Anyone know the flatness spec for Stern playfields?[quoted image]

Wow that will feed the outlanes more. Contact them immediately. I feel for you.

#5480 8 months ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Wow that will feed the outlanes more. Contact them immediately. I feel for you.

Yes I guess the sign is they never posted and recently joined in the last 18 months. I feel bad for the new guys as they have to build their reputation up due to scammers. We do too much bank wires and PayPal friends and family I guess on pinside. To much trust based on reputation. Also not letting others discuss your ad is a red flag.

#5501 8 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Topper is here,
Quality is below average
Gem lenses are washed out
Programming is better than expected.
I had a for sale listing ready to go. $30 over what i paid for FedEx ground, but i played another game and I THINK i like it up there. It is programmed well into the code and it basically adds an element like under cab lights or backbox lights do. Its overpriced but it does interact well after trying it for just too games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was the same way at first. I was going to remove it. I love it now and we always watch how many gems collected. Fun to collect gems over games and days. Interacts well with game. Two thumbs up. I wish it had better gems but they grow on you. I am not a topper guy but it is keeper. They are hard to find. Love it!

#5505 8 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I added film to make the gem colours richer and also put a spacer in between each of the panels so the light was better diffused instead of pinpoint.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They makes a lot of sense. Will have try. What type of film did you use?

#5510 8 months ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This is what he told me in a pm, if you can wait a bit, i will send you some of each color in an envelope.
[quoted image]

Will wait thanks

#5511 8 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey guys I was talking to Cliffy about the Thor captive ball damage. He said he hasn’t seen or heard about it yet, and asked if I have a picture. Anybody got one?
I’ve been searching through the forum for like an hour and haven’t seen a picture of it yet, only seen comments that it is happening somewhere around it. I still haven’t ordered my premium yet, but did order the cliffy set he has already made. Excited and am preparing for when it comes home.

48072944-A127-4899-90EF-3050FCB24EB4 (resized).jpeg8559D5B9-8F46-4C40-B3E7-CF94D97EFCE1 (resized).jpeg

Here you go. Lermods showed how to fix with a washer. You buy this game you do ant man and this. It wast there but as I played it in front and caused pressure in back. It finally chipped away. I would love a cliffy!

#5512 8 months ago

The fix! Touched up slightly and washer added. Make sure not to over tighten or you will dig in again and cause more issues.

2E299FAE-B43A-46C3-85F8-BCAE54F34646 (resized).jpeg

#5519 8 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks bud. I sent him the others posted earlier. From what I understand, Cliff has been making the cliffy protectors through measurements from people so far. That dude is genius, not to mention such a cool down to earth dude to talk to. Not sure what kind of measurement he would need for this one. Without owning the game yet I’m not able to help him out.

Let me know if he makes one for it as I am in. My cliffys for it are arriving any day. I have had ant man already.

#5616 7 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Hopefully picking up an AIQ Prem this weekend. What’s the difference between the shaker kit from Stern for $109 versus the one from Pinball Life for $79?

Nothing but price.

1 week later
#5970 7 months ago
Quoted from JROC:

I did some looking tonight. The finger isn’t coming all the way up so the ball comes to a stop after the opto. I’m going to play with the mech later this week to see if I can fix/adjust. Strange thing is, it was fine for the first two weeks we had the machine.

These stern auto plungers suck. Now my TMNT in multi-ball misfires one ball and then can’t shoot two and then keeps feeding balls in. I had 6 balls in shooter lane. Have a video sending to stern. Has to be a factory correct long term fix. They have to figure out. On AIQ we are 100 percent, if I don’t play for a few days. If we play it everyday we go to 40 percent.

#5971 7 months ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Anyone have issues with the ball flying off the left habit trail?

Yes check back in previous posts as you bend a certain way to fix.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside