04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 3 years ago

I got a chance to play today and its AWESOME !! Played the Pro at my Distro
So Many shots. TONS OF Fun.
This Is a WINNER!!
But I know you guys already Know that!
I cant wait for my LE

thumbnail_20200918_174440 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200918_174440 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200918_174455 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200918_174455 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#477 3 years ago

I BEAT THANOS!!
I went to my Distributor to check out for the second time.
It was my third game played on his Pro model
This was done on a 3 ball game and I got 2 Extra balls. I had 338 M on ball one
The Game is super fun and outlanes are tight which gives longer ball times!
Here is what I accomplished.

Got all gems
All Multiballs including Black widow
Black widow Multi had super long ball savers and somehow kept getting relit.

I Did Not get to Black order Battle Royale

I did Beat Thanos!
Thanos had super LOOONG ball saves and was fun but repetitive in shots to complete.
I believe the code will be changed to make this more challenging.
I mean I beat Thanos and honestly, This was my third game ever!!

I was dialed in on my shots and did not miss often. When I did miss though, the game is more forgiving than Turtles, in that when you miss, you dont have to pay the price with a drain. Which IMO opinion makes the game more enjoyable!

I have to give Credit to My distributor as well Chris Pascaretti for doing a little coaching through the game
I rarely came up for air, Hardly ever looked at the LCD. Just concentrated on shooting lit shots

Cant wait to play my LE, Hopefully they get delivered this week!

thumbnail_20200928_123851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123855 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123855 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123900 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123900 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123903 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123903 (resized).jpg
#608 3 years ago

#280 Just Arrived

thumbnail_20201001_135613 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20201001_135613 (resized).jpg
#632 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Hay Motorcity - Dont' you need to jack up the back legs a little more ?

I have to put the level on it. I let my Distro play a couple of games and I had to go back to work. It looked like it played good for him.

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

I agree the machine looks great, but does it really “walk on water” like that?? Man, what is up with that insane cool floor? Seriously looks like crystal clear blue water.

Thanks.... I just got the floor epoxy finished. It just got done curing a couple of days ago and this is the first game setup. My collection is folded up until the painters get finished.
I like the way it came out!!

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Got my first mod. I’m replacing the black, back box t-molding with yellow. I’m excited my LE arrives Monday.
The yellow 3/4”, 20’ t-molding was only $15 shipped eBay.
[quoted image]

I think thats a GOOD idea!

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This! Out with it guys. Lots of games arriving, but as of yet, no one has commented on the game play. Us poor souls still waiting want details! Lol. And I'd still like to see someone capture that metallic in the yellow close up, high res

The metallic looks GREAT. Gameplay is great!! MY wife had a long ball one, which is rare LOL. She likes it too! Which is also rare.
Captain America shot is tight and tough. Shot on Pro was much easier.
Spinning disc is awesome!

More too come.......

#643 3 years ago

Avenger DOWN!!!
Avenger DOWN!!!

We played about 10 games on our new LE tonight.
As I was playing, I heard a loud thump!
Sounded like a ball fell out of the playfield and went boom on the bottom of the cabinet.
I investigated and found parts in the cabinet that made the sound.
After looking closer, I found they came from 5.45 Walking lock bottom assembly.

I detailed in pictures how the assembly comes out. It was easy 3 Nuts and disconnect 1 harness going to the coil.
You have to take off the E clips and then that rail in order to get the broken piece off.
Its called Finger ASM, Long pin part #515-2367-00
I am sharing this post because I know this is not Isolated and others will have same problem. Those post on the fingers are spot welded, similar to coil stops in my opinion.
It was sort of a Lot to take off considering you have to remove 6 E-clips. Sometime those clips like to have wings!
I am not sure what they will send out to replace.
It would be easier fix if they send out replacement Assembly instead of just the Finger.
The Assembly Part #511-3005-00

aengers 1 (resized).jpgaengers 1 (resized).jpgavengers 3 (resized).jpgavengers 3 (resized).jpgavengers 2 (resized).jpgavengers 2 (resized).jpgAvengers 4 (resized).jpgAvengers 4 (resized).jpgavengers 5 (resized).jpgavengers 5 (resized).jpgavengers 6 (resized).jpgavengers 6 (resized).jpgavengers 7 (resized).jpgavengers 7 (resized).jpgavengers 8 (resized).jpgavengers 8 (resized).jpg
#657 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Thankyou for sharing this with us all, what a bummer to have that happen after just setting the game up and playing just a few games on it... but I'm sure they will jump to the send you a full assembly asap. Did the spot weld fail causing the pin to drop? Is it something a local welder could fix for you? Not every shop has a spot welder but tig may be a possibility?
Can't wait to get my premium!
Please keep us posted on the progression with your distro or stern directly. Thanks man! Also is it possible to turn the physical ball lock off and just play with virtual locks in the time being?

Yes , the spot weld failed causing pin to drop. I was thinking same thing about getting it spot welded locally. I dont know anybody who does that here.
I am going to check today to disable portal lock/raising disc. So we can play until part gets here

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Also that Epoxy floor treatment is AWESOME! IM going to finish off my basement next year if all goes well and was about to price out some laminate flooring, whats the cost on this route VS buying the flooring and labor on install? Any idea?

Ours is a Metallic Epoxy and cost $5 per sq foot installed

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This is the 3rd instance I’ve heard about. My LE is due to be delivered sometime between today and Tuesday. I’m going to go ahead and see if there’s any preventative fixes that can be done before flipping one game.

Everything else works good. Spot welds can go bad, and mine did. Nothing your going to do to prevent that!

#662 3 years ago

Did Stern indicate if they would be sending a complete mech or just the pin?

We are waiting on the answer. It just happened last night.
My Distro thinks it would be whole assembly. I will keep you posted

#674 3 years ago

Did Stern indicate if they would be sending a complete mech or just the pin?

They are sending complete mech which is GOOD!

#694 3 years ago

Then, you can repair the old one and have a spare on hand

I was thinking that. they asked for the old one back so they can inspect quality

#698 3 years ago

Guys, you’re killing me. How does the right ramp shoot?edit That’s the Captain Marvel Inverse gravity ramp. Is it really satisfying? A lot of rejects or smooth?

I feel a lot of rejects. I have to get a little more play time though to dial it in and then I will know for sure!

#715 3 years ago

Since Im waiting for my walking lock assembly to arrive, I can still play the game with a simple setting adjustment.
I thought I would share so anybody else with similar problems will know.

You have to disable the disc up/down and bypass the walk lock assembly.
In Game Feature ADJ #181 set to "NO ENTRY" and this will disable

The game will now do the virtual lock.
Im basically playing a powder coated pro model with a tricky ramp now!

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from lash:

It was an amazing game from Johannes.
He won with one ball and we had seen all what was possible with code 0.91.
Beginning around 2.42 hours
Schau mal dieses Video „Avengers VS Johannes Ostermeier“ http://www.twitch.tv/pinballboygermany/v/759461298?sr=a&t=3082s

It was an amazing game. I made it and beat Thanos on code .90. It was Easy in my opinion. It appears they took it out of .91. I say that because he should of reached THANOS after he collected all 6 gems. Which he did. I have not made it back to THANOS on .91. Im working on it!

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

picked up my LE#28 saturday afternoon. and after 6 games or so the exact thing happened to mine. I have it band-aided now so I can still play, but will call stern monday to see what they want to send... (also, not sure if its related, but i seem to have an issue with locking the second portal ball... the game hangs because they are sitting together next to one another in the portal lock)
this is the first time i have had a problem with a new stern out of the box. so not a big deal, but just wanted to report for others. i do love this game so far, the captain marvel ramp is amazing and a very satisfying shot...[quoted image]

YEP
You have the same issue. It would be pretty tough to band aid that and rig it.
Best to disable the disc /lock
Game adjustment #181 to "no Entry" will take care of it till they send you the part. FYI-They are sending the whole assembly

#839 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

So, trying to understand, what exactly broke? Is there something we can do when we get the machine or is it a faulty part of the mech that Stern needs to update and send out a replacement?

ABsolutely nothing you can do. Its a spot weld joint that does not seem strong enoungh.
You would have to wait to see if yours breaks or not

#888 3 years ago

I had a CRAZY score today! I played well.
I made it to Battle Royal.
I defeated Battle Royale.
The Large amount of points came somewhere from with in Battle Royale MODE.
I was playing a 3 player game and this happened on the 3rd ball of player 3
I didn't have the cameras setup tonight , because the basement is still getting painted and the equipment is not setup.
Has Anybody else had this happen?
I would Assume Glitch in code

thumbnail_20201006_212741 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20201006_212741 (resized).jpg
#891 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Wow! Haha!!! Crazy. You update your code to .91?

Yes I was running .91

#947 3 years ago
Quoted from DangerzoneArcade:

Once again Stern QC and QA for the win. My LE has already broken with less than 30 plays on it. It appears the rivet connecting the subway lock bracket to the coil has broken.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It happened to mine with about 10 plays. Stern is sending new assembly.
Meanwhile so you can play the game go to game adj and change #181 to no entry. It will disable portal and make it virtual so you can still play

#950 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Because I got a later number. Posted it to see if someone with a later number still had the weld issue. I'll find out soon enough.

The LE number is NOT important. They do NOT build in order.
THE BUILD DATE IS!
Mine has Broken weld and was built September 25

#957 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Gold coin door bezels installed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks sweet. The Bezels make that DOOR POP!
Where do you get plated coin bezels AT?

1 week later
#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody get weird rejects from the Captain Marvel U/loop? Not sure if it’s the spin on the ball or what but sometimes I feel I hit it perfect (maybe too hard) and it looks like as it’s leaving the ramp into the wire form, it just bounces back immediately at me (I think towards the drain most of the time if I recall properly). It’s not super common but common enough for me to ask about it!

I have the same problem. Its Frustrating because the shots seem spot on and the ball seems like it does not have a smooth transition from the ramp to the wire form and then hits the plastic ramp guide and comes back down!

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

Hey kids. Any early LE owners that had the portal walker assembly fail, did you receive your replacement yet? And if so, how is it holding up?
My LE failed after the 3 or 4 game after setting up so I have been running with it disabled for now. I am working with stern on replacement parts but apparently they are out of stock on the replacement.
Just wondering if I should look at getting the spot weld fixed myself or wait for the stern part?!
Thanks for any info!
Other than that I am very happy with my game!!

I was the first to post the subway "broken spot weld finger issue"
I am still waiting on assembly. Im being told it should be here on wednesday. Basically 2 more days. I put in service order on October 2nd.
My machine had under 15 plays when it broke. Forcing me to disable subway.
Im not sure why it is taking so long!

#1657 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Thanks! That is a terrible design flaw. All of the pressure is on the tip of a dowel...
This should’ve been a bolt imo.
[quoted image]

I will post pics of the new one they send me on Wednesday. Hopefully they changed it. That to me seems the only reason it would take so long to get the assembly to me

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Those of you with portal issues whats your build date? Mine is Sept 30th, so far so good but haven't put that many games on it yet.

Mine is September 25th

#1950 3 years ago

UPDATE : "SUBWAY GATE"

I was the first to report the broken finger assembly on the subway back around October 2.
My Distributor went over and beyond to fix.
Chris Pascaretti from Pascaretti Enterprises Inc contacted Stern to get replacement Assembly.
Well they have not sent it as of yet.
However, Chris took his Assembly of of His NIB showroom model that he just got and brought it over and installed in mine.

I am happy to report that the spot weld issue has been fixed and definitely looks better than original.
The game is playing great and the subway is NOW working properly.
Not sure why Stern did not fill the service orders when they received the new assemblies.
But that should of been DONE immediately when they got them.
People are getting new Premiums delivered, With new assemblies and the people who have had theirs have to wait.
Thats WRONG!!

The spot weld next to my thumb is the new weld. You can see it is built up pretty good.

20201025_104258[1] (resized).jpg20201025_104258[1] (resized).jpg20201025_104327[1] (resized).jpg20201025_104327[1] (resized).jpg
#2212 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I have the issue with 2 balls locked in the subway; I am looking forward to the community figuring a fix.
IMO the owner threads give me confidence to buy a pin knowing that if there are issues I have a resource to help me.

My subway assembly broke with less than 100 plays. The spot weld on the finger was weak. My distributor came over and replaced the subway assembly with the one off his NIB premium.
Its now working perfect in every way!
I believe they reengineered it!
I think everybody with an LE should get NEW subway

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don’t think everyone with an LE has a broken spot weld.

Not yet
I believe they were inspected and found to be "weak weld"
What im saying is, Not only has the spot weld been fixed, My balls travel through the subway as intended with no issues!
So I think they also performed another fix as well

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Just received my premium and the Playfield is perfect!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!!

2 months later
#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That said, I just played a few more games on AIQ, and honestly I'm not sure how much difference the plastic is really making. I still had a handful of shots that seemed good get rejected. I think that's just going to be the nature of this ramp. It's going to be a tough shot no matter what. And it's fast enough that shots that looked good while playing could easily be just a bit too sloppy.

I am glad you said that because I feel the same way! I have put on my plastic fix several different ways. I thought It had fixed it at first because my success rate immediately increased. (placebo effect?) Then I came to the realization that the shot needs to be made clean regardless if you have the plastic or not. Yesterday I played a game where even my clean shots were NOT making it all the way up. What I did notice is that from a cradle I was having a hard time, However when I shoot black widow and the ball has more speed coming thru the in lane it increases my success rate. My flipper power is set at max from the factory, but I am having a hard time making the shot from a cradle.

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image]
My CM-ramp stil shoots like a dream after cleaning it with Novus 1, but after about 40min the flipper fade is really noticeable.

I cleaned and waxed mine last night and I cannot believe how much it has changed the CM ramp success rate.
Its so smooth now!
I agree on the fade also, Time to get some flipper cooling fans from PINMONK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Motorcitypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Motorcitypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.