IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 3 years ago

Thanks CoolCatPinball for the invite to the official owners thread.
I posted this in the old hype thread but thought I'd make it official here

Prepping for my LE delivery by better understanding the backstory to this game.

I can heartily recommend the Kindle version of the Infinity Gauntlet written by Jim Starlin ($3.99 Kindle DL)
I was able to read all 6 editions in just a few hours and all at one sitting
If this was the story that the game derives much of its structure, then it's no surprise that it strikes a more "serious" and sometimes dire tone. The comic certainly did
Heck, it was a story about the end of the universe and with little hope of stopping it.

Also, when reading the comics, I was able to understand the large presence of Dr. Strange in the game - this is because of his large role in the Gauntlet story

Great story and read!

Also bought a Gauntlet for display next to the game. Signed by Jim Starlin
Yes, it's right handed but it's still cool and comic appropriate

Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpgIMG_9278 (resized).JPGIMG_9278 (resized).JPG
#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’m hearing there’s a good chance LE will be in homes before the end of the month.

Lovin' what you're hearin'!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

There is a significant upgrade in sound quality in an LE over the regular no name Stern Pro/Pre speaker kit. Both the LE’s back box Kenwood speakers and the Goldwood 4ohm 8” subwoofer in the cabinet, create a more immersive sound. However, I like to install a 10” Hertz ES 250 subwoofer in the cabinet for an even greater bass performance, along with a bass amp to get the performance out of the Hertz sub. But the Stern LE upgrade is sufficient and quite noticeable.

What bass amp are you using?

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you’re going to do any aftermarket upgrade and want to hear real difference, Pinwoofer is the way to go. You might as well just get off the shelf aftermarket speakers if you’re considering pinball pro or flipper Fidelity.

100% agree on Pinwoofer products over all others.
I did a review on them recently ...

https://thepinballloft.com/2020/04/24/woofers-dinosuars/

3 weeks later
#1095 3 years ago

#332 has arrived! What a day yesterday was. AIQ arrives on the same day as my BBH Reloaded Mini!
Got them both setup last night
AIQ would not power up, discovered the fuse holder was not locked in on the mains line
Got that sorted pretty quickly.
Only other issue I'm having is that I'm getting frequent issues after drains where the ball trough is not recognizing the ball

Drop me a PM if you are having similar issues and have resolved

Loving the gameplay - the shots are so unique and on different places on the flipper ... and game is fast and fun!
I think it could use a little more lighting and, as others have mentioned, a mirror or something so you can see into the subway

IMG_9503 (resized).jpgIMG_9503 (resized).jpg
IMG_9476 (resized).jpgIMG_9476 (resized).jpg
IMG_9494 (resized).jpgIMG_9494 (resized).jpg

#1113 3 years ago

Got my T-Molding installed. Have done this on about 6 games so far
If you need help, I just finished a tutorial on my blog
Note that for my machine, the head panels on AIQ are thinner than earlier machines so ... the 3/4" T-Molding now sticks out about 1/2mm on each side
Still looks fantastic if you care for that sort of thing!

UPDATE:
See post below from RPZ where he mentions using 11/16" T-molding instead of 3/4"
You most certainly can order that size and it's exactly a 1/16" narrower than 3/4" and will likely fit with less or no overhang
YMMV

https://thepinballloft.com/2020/10/10/molding-heroes/
IMG_9540 (resized).jpgIMG_9540 (resized).jpg

Half done image
IMG_9530 (resized).jpgIMG_9530 (resized).jpg

#1116 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Thanks for the help blog. I'm wondering if the amount that sticks out will bother me or not. Hmm. Also, how much material did you purchase to cover the machine?

You have no choice at T-molding.com (20 feet)

Dirt cheap anyway!

Did not bother me after install - looks great (you have to be close to see - and I can't believe anyone would say it does not look good)

#1117 3 years ago
Quoted from TheModalorian:

Hey, thanks to everyone who PMed me. I am really excited about this project! I can't wait to finally see it in the game.
I just started a my own thread for the 3D Thanos Mod. If you guys are interested please take a look! Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-thanos-mod-for-avengers-infinity-quest-pre-order-#post-5900673
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer mod - great work sir

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

So if buying new, do you think we should buy 11/16” so there is no overhang?

I'm betting that would be a more perfect fit.
Great call out/idea and I'll amend my tutorial accordingly
Don't think you'd be dissatisfied with the 3/4" but removing that 16th will make it fit better

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

There is another opportunity to add some excitement to the visual and sound package to enhance what another pinsider had pointed out about the gameplay. Someone had pointed out that during multiball and while simultaneously hitting wireformed ramp returns ; it reminds them of the avengers team flying through the air and attacking. Of course they don't all fly , but maybe something could be done to detect that situation and provide a visual or audio compliment to that.

Funny you (and sounds like others) mention that - I had not read anything about that sentiment BUT I "felt" the same thing. If I was to share one "feeling" I get while playing, it would be that at times it "feels" like you/Avengers are flying. Pretty good achievement for a Pinball machine. I would attribute it to the vertical movement the ball can achieve in this game ... also, not sure but this game looks "deeper" in the cabinet due having to fit the ramps and tower?

#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?
[quoted image]

Yes ... happened an hour a go.
I spent 15 minutes looking because I was positive a ball went up there but I could not find it - convinced myself I was seeing things
Gave up, power cycled machine - still showing missing ball
Finally found it to resume play

#1234 3 years ago

Thx! iPhone, patience, a little training and bit of post-processing and boom!

#1273 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So what’s the best size t-moulding to use on AIQ, saw a post but can’t find it now where someone mentioned the 3/4” leaves a little overhang as sides seem smaller than previous releases?
Anyone who’s changed out the black to yellow, what size did you use? Thanks

This is my post on the subject about 2 pages back in this thread. Check the link to my blog where all the details are. I would try the 11/16” size on AIQ. I installed 3/4” and it looks great but does hang over a tiny bit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/23#post-5900669

#1290 3 years ago

$12 from Amazon. Bit of fun, might even mount it in the game ... for sure not wearing it - OK, just around the house

IMG_9640 (resized).JPGIMG_9640 (resized).JPG
#1503 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Just finished up powder coating and changing out T Molding on my pro. I was torn going with the yellowish Gold but now that its done I love it. I opted not to go lollipop rails because i love the art around the flipper buttons.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

#1522 3 years ago

Anyone else having this issue?
Ball traverses the subway, gets past the LAST set of fingers and just sits there. Seems like there is a bit of a”dip” in the subway in that spot just before it dumps the ball to the VUK, have to nudge machine every time to get it to drop to VUK or it will go into ball search

FD95C05D-8AB6-46CE-8FAB-DCB28D6E53CC (resized).jpegFD95C05D-8AB6-46CE-8FAB-DCB28D6E53CC (resized).jpeg

2F25C167-95F0-4B5C-8CC7-94725564DC90 (resized).jpeg2F25C167-95F0-4B5C-8CC7-94725564DC90 (resized).jpeg
#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haven't seen that complaint, but I'd add a washer to the subway end or the VUK, depending on which side needed to go up or down, so there's a smooth transition or a drop from the subway into the VUK so the ball can get into it freely.

Might try that - thx

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yep! Mine is doing the same thing. I had a few friends over to play it and I would say it stuck there about 10% of the night. There is no reason it sticks there. I was going to pull the balls and check for magnesium.

Thanks ... I've got some board work to do on another machine today but when I'm done with it I'm going to take a closer look
Either that plastic subway has a slight dimple there, or that short 1" section is heat formed with a slight uphill bend

#1733 3 years ago

EDIT - Distributor has me confused with an Elvira topper buyer, below info not correct!

INCORRECT Just got notified that toppers are in
$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow INCORRECT

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Just got notified that toppers are in
$1,000 each. I’m out.
Holy Cow

Got another message back from my distributor.
Bad info. This was for Elvira topper. My distributor had me confused with another buyer. I corrected the original post
Sorry team

#1778 3 years ago

Absolutely loving the code update!
More call outs
Killer lightshow on Ironman ball lock
Noticed an incredible RGB lightshow at the moment I got the Avengers assembled - somebody confirm that was new 'cause I cant believe I missed it on earlier code

Wow ... continue to be impressed!

#1788 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Had a portal ball lock issue. Not exactly sure how it occurred. Two player game, three balls in the portal lock subway mech. Looks like two of them were up against each other instead of being separated by the teeth so the game lost track of one ball. Unfortunately the ball search didn't even attempt to clear the subway, so had to tilt the game to end.
Maybe a software fix to eject all balls from the subway if first ball search fails and treat them as virtually locked for the rest of that game?
Hopefully it was a one in a hundred fluke that the balls ended up like that.

Happens to me almost every game
See my post here
Since taking the pics, I’ve noticed “why” that ball sits just at the edge of the subway before the VUK ... it’s because the subway is allowing two balls next to each other past the last set of fingers, one is free to drop in the VUK, while the second just sits there as it’s past the fingers and has no momentum to move

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/31#post-5914310

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m having problems with my subway. When one ball is locked, and I start a mode, the ball I’m playing ends up next to the locked ball in the subway and the game ends up going into ball search.
Anyone else have that issue on the new .92 code?
From what I can tell, it looks like subway is designed to hold 3 balls with some space in between them.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yup, driving me crazy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/36#post-5924308

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

As others have reported, I’m also having the occasional ball get stuck at the far right side of the subway. Sometimes during multiball, that ball is not fully rolling into the vuk and ejecting. The ball just seems to sit there- I can’t really see what’s stopping it.
Had anyone tried installing washers under the subway (under the pf) to give it s bit more downward angle to fix this issue? I recall reading about a few who owners discussing this remedy, not sure if actually fixes it.
Thanks!

Someone show me a different answer but I've experienced this since day one and here is what I see:
- never happens with a single ball moving thru the subway
- ALWAYS happens when 2 or more balls moving thru subway
- the ball sits just to the right of the last set of fingers and can only be nudged into dropping into the VUK (takes quite a jolt to move it)

I watched it happen twice during gameplay and here's what I see

- 2 balls in subway, and they are moving via the fingers toward the VUK
- First ball drops to the VUK and THE SECOND BALL is being guided toward the VUK by the code as if the first ball is not even already sitting in the VUK
- The fingers continue to guide that second ball PAST the last set of fingers, where normally, they would hold the ball at the second to last set of fingers so as to provide enough of a a rolling start to allow that second ball to drop into the VUK when the fingers lift.
- With the second ball moved PAST the last set of fingers, there is no rolling momentum created because that second ball is sitting (touching actually) the first ball while its still sitting there in the VUK waiting for ejection onto the rail.

So ...
- That second ball parks itself at the end of the subway
- The first ball then pops out of the VUK and the second ball languishes there, until you drain the ball that exited the VUK
- Then, we all know what happens, the game goes into ball search

Seems like this is an easy code fix?
-
Pic is where the second ball "sits" AFTER the first ball has exited the VUK

IMG_9667 (resized).jpgIMG_9667 (resized).jpg

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

What's your speaker mod?

Same Q! Looks amazing ^^^^^^

#2101 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Noticing some wear one both edges of the Ant-Man (mystery) scoop.
Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.
Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

FWIW, that’s Very rare for that to happen on my game. Assuming you are level ...

I’ll bet it doesn’t happen as a percent of center drains even 10% of the time

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Not me.
My infuriating SDTM drains are coming down the right orbit. If you under-shoot the skillshot, or the ball just happens to hang up and roll back down the right edge, it's a kiss off the rubber and you can SDTM or double danger. Every. Single. Time.

Same

#2184 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just adjust the 2 habit trails so the ball passes freely under. Did it to mine, easy fix.
there are only two other ball traps I know about, I just fix them with these things.
amazon.com link »
be nice if stern had a guard there, but those rubber nub things work fine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for that link and the idea. Works like a charm.
I was also having issues with the ball getting wedged above the top left pop bumper
Every 4 to 5 games or so - annoying
I took one of you nubs, cut about 20% off one side and dropped it in there ... so far so good!

IMG_9786 (resized).jpgIMG_9786 (resized).jpgIMG_9787 (resized).jpgIMG_9787 (resized).jpg
#2187 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

eaglepin I watched my wife play this last night and I found the issue with the 2 balls getting stuck in the subway. It happens when there is at least 1 ball already in a portal lock, then you shoot the Dr strange portal again and if the ball is moving too fast it will scoot around the first "tooth" and sit right next to the 2nd ball causing the game to go into 4-5 ball searches again... I just emailed my distributor about this as new code will not fix this, we would need a new Subway/VUK mech to address both issues.
I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back about the solution.

Interesting how different some of these issues are. Mine is 100% software/code related
Starts the same as your issue, ball already in subway, then drop another in the portal
My issue is the last ball that drops in the portal is given one too many "stops" and instead of stopping to the left of the last set of fingers, it is delivered very purposefully toward the VUK, which (of course) it cant enter because there is already a ball there

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/40#post-5928522

#2270 3 years ago

Finally cracked 200mil on my 149th game

Like most games, getting 2x deeper than you've ever been allows you to see so much more that the game offers
Was a blast!

IMG_9789 (resized).jpgIMG_9789 (resized).jpg
#2384 3 years ago

Added Doug’s speaker light kit. Just awesome looking! I’ve installed over a dozen various speaker light kits but this one looks the best. It illuminates just the 5.25” speaker area, makes the yellow spacer just glow and lights up the cone of the Kenwood speakers as well. I’ve tried lots of colors and animations but settled on simple - just plain old static yellow! Shot a short video to show what they “can” do if you want them animated ... endless choices. I shot a few close ups because when photographed at a distance, they appear washed out. I can assure you they are brilliant, saturated yellow in person!

Oh, super easy install too

7BBE0ACE-24A2-4675-9EBC-CBD343A2B773 (resized).jpeg7BBE0ACE-24A2-4675-9EBC-CBD343A2B773 (resized).jpegDD69A2C4-6BB9-4122-8712-87C803C8F33D (resized).jpegDD69A2C4-6BB9-4122-8712-87C803C8F33D (resized).jpegDDB8764D-22BB-4336-9E22-E91B40C2BAD4 (resized).jpegDDB8764D-22BB-4336-9E22-E91B40C2BAD4 (resized).jpegF2B928C2-126F-4282-B5F0-8FBB715B6B1A (resized).jpegF2B928C2-126F-4282-B5F0-8FBB715B6B1A (resized).jpeg

B9F8BF6F-046B-4E69-89FB-A188D768129D (resized).jpegB9F8BF6F-046B-4E69-89FB-A188D768129D (resized).jpegAEE03D65-8B7C-4619-BCFA-3A68BCCF9E7A (resized).jpegAEE03D65-8B7C-4619-BCFA-3A68BCCF9E7A (resized).jpeg

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I’ve been having issues with the ball getting stuck in this area. It’s wedge so tight you can’t shake it out. The glass has to come off, then it takes a good amount of strength to pull it out.
[quoted image]

Easy fix, I had the same issue and fixed thanks to another Pinsider

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/44#post-5934918

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Anyone else start having issues with the ball walker mech after .93? Mine worked great until I put .93 in. Now it has to kick up and down a couple times to move it from the first to second stop.
Maybe just a coincidence and my walker needs adjustment.. is there a way to get .92 still to see if it works properly again?

I am, was anyway - until the entire mech broke.
Was hoping I had a good mech but appears not

Even after .93, it was still not right and was still behaving like my previous posts. I still believe my issue could be fixed with code

Calling Stern for replacement subway mech

IMG_0041 (resized).jpgIMG_0041 (resized).jpg
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

What is your games "born on" date?

IMG_0044 (resized).jpgIMG_0044 (resized).jpg
#2662 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine is Sept 26th and i don't think i have that issue.

Hate to say it but betting you will. No worries though ... sounds like Stern has created a more robust replacement

#2695 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

We are talking about subway right ?

Yes, subway finger portion of the mech. One of the welds is known to be weak and Stern had a new part manufactured to replace it should it break
We both have early production games thus the reason for my comment

I'm about 200 plays in

New part is already on it's way - cant beat that service

This link does a great job showing what broke - mine is exactly the same

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/13#post-5881776
IMG_0041 (resized).jpgIMG_0041 (resized).jpg

#2706 3 years ago

Subway mech went this weekend, now tonight the post falls off. At least the post is a quick fix with some blue loctite to avoid any future problems - 192 plays

Found the nut down under left sling
Found the post up in the pops
Found the topside washer in the bottom of the cabinet
Found the screw when I lifted the PF and it dropped out of the subway

03B530A8-D934-419E-B4AD-2887CB8D7A27 (resized).jpeg03B530A8-D934-419E-B4AD-2887CB8D7A27 (resized).jpeg749F1159-EAA5-49FC-B6EE-2D91A9F6FC99 (resized).jpeg749F1159-EAA5-49FC-B6EE-2D91A9F6FC99 (resized).jpeg85CD319B-49A3-40EE-9C59-38AD4099BDDA (resized).jpeg85CD319B-49A3-40EE-9C59-38AD4099BDDA (resized).jpegFDD2D7BE-02A9-4938-ACDE-56F83FB05118 (resized).jpegFDD2D7BE-02A9-4938-ACDE-56F83FB05118 (resized).jpeg
#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[email protected] should help, but he will likely ask you to contact your distributor first.

And ... Stern will send you this!
IMG_0108 (resized).jpgIMG_0108 (resized).jpg

20201115_080502 (resized).jpg20201115_080502 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MT45.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=MT45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.