04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

here are images of the warping, it really affects gameplay (outlanes).[quoted image][quoted image]

I fixed a warped Mustang playfield that was exactly the same and was really pissing me off. I screwed a piece of angle iron to the underside of the playfield. I'm not suggesting you do it to a brand new Avengers ( or if it's even possible space wise ) but it may be an option if Stern don't do the right thing. Not ideal though, ok to fix an older machine but I'd keep on to Stern if I were you.

IMG_20190619_122857559 (resized).jpgIMG_20190619_122857559 (resized).jpg
#3833 3 years ago

Sad to see ' Replaced main screen ( trophy room ) with something far less boring ' ISN'T one of the code changes

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from jcripps:

Pro in the house as of Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to play it until Friday... It's Killing me.
This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks![quoted image]

Did you actually see it before it was wrapped? Cos I'd piss myself if it turned out to be a fridge

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Anyone else getting airballs from the rollover switch on the black panther orbit? Some shots make it all the way up the ramp in the back, but others do not and I’ve tracked it down to this issue.
[quoted image]

Great vid, I have the same issue with the right orbit on my pro, lots of rattling shots. I did doubt the switch at one point but I'm not so sure now. Have you tried removing the switch to prove it? I'm just thinking it's a poor design, a very narrow shot with a very shallow curve, the inner wall of the curve being very bumpy ( a short guide rail, the exit hole from captain marvel shot, 2 sections of guide rail bar) so if a ball does bounce off the outer wall there's a good chance it's going to snag up somewhere on the inner wall.

#4041 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yes, i checked the whole mech. It looks like a new, black plastic disk on the top could solve the issue, since the metal pole is attached there.
Its not too much but still enough to disturb the ball and sometimes getting airballs.
[quoted image]

My pro is exactly the same. Looking at the pdf ( which seems to be only for the prem/LE! ) it's hard to see how the replacement part fixes it? Has anyone fitted the replacement that somehow fixes the issue?

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My pro is exactly the same. Looking at the pdf ( which seems to be only for the prem/LE! ) it's hard to see how the replacement part fixes it? Has anyone fitted the replacement that somehow fixes the issue?

Bumping my own post, has anyone fitted the magic levelling bush?

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I put it in last night and was really happy with the result. Pretty easy install too.
Before there was a very noticeable raised lip on one side of mine and the ball would often hit it and get redirected. Playing last night after installing the fix the ball was rolling straight over the disc. Here are before and after pics from mine. Maybe still not exactly absolutely 100% flush if you measured closely but it’s pretty level now and it did the job & got my desired result of the ball now rolling straight over the disc without deflecting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Eaglepin. How exactly did it level the disc? was it just a replacement for a badly manufactured bush?

#4124 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea when we are getting our replacement subways U.K. side?

No idea, the fix for my subway was easy, buy the model without one! . Seriously, I was all in on a premium until I saw a few videos of how that mech operated, chunking the ball along as it does 1 space at a time. I knew it would get on my nerves so went pro.

1 week later
#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

Wasted Screen info.
I love my AIQ, Combo shots are very satisfying.. The game is set up for combos, so if instead of showing a "trophy room" why not tell you how many combos you are up to? The graphics and info on the game can be updated big time. The game is awesome, but they need to put more info on the screen.

That trophy room as the screen we see most of the time just has to go! so boring!.

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Video of what it looks like, any ideas?
[quoted image]

Is it the same with the manual & auto plunge? I'm thinking if it's only the manual plunge maybe it's height needs adjusting? Just a thought...

#4370 3 years ago

There should be a thread dedicated to Gem strategy, unless there is already? I really need to learn more about how to use the gems.

#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

I took slow motion videos of the area to analyze what exactly was happening, you might want to do the same as you may not have this exact problem.
Right now my solution is a ‘press fit’, so it’s not permanent and easy to take off. I fashioned it out of a angle plate corner T brace I had lying around. Trimmed it to size and bent the ends so it would attach. In the future I may try moving the ball guides, but for now this works perfectly.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice temporary fix. I'm definitely interested in finding a good long term fix for the left side of this narrow orbit, I'm not a fan of it's design at all, there's just too many things for the ball to snag on. I frequently get rattles in this area and find it hard to believe it isn't happening to everyone.

#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I actually just took my Antman guide apart today and while there wasnt any significant damage, its still a bummer that you can see it was digging into the clear and would have caused damage down the road. Im pretty sure the groove it made wont be as noticeable once everything is back together and tightened but i thought i should share what damage it DID cause.
Unless thats how Stern planned it to work. Maybe i should have just left it
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same minor damage at the antman rail, with a little flake of clear and artwork missing but luckily it's behind the rail. It's also happened to the rail forming the left side of the Thor captive ball. It really beggars belief that Stern thought that pulling these knife edge guide rails straight into the playfield was a good idea

1 week later
#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

For the uneven/wobbly sanctum disc fix, the part you get from Stern, what is the difference between the new one and the one you are replacing? I can imagine why it is lopsided as it was manufactured and sat in the box for 2 months with the weight leaning towards the side with the post. Is that just a fresh bushing that might not be warped or is it a totally different piece?

Good question, I've got my distro reaching out to stern...

IMG_20210126_155146 (resized).jpgIMG_20210126_155146 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone got the part number for the disc levelling kit? Thank you.

Mine has just turned up but whether it'll fit my pro I don't know? not sure of part number but there's a document number 755-7711-00 on the instructions.

IMG_20210301_125322 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_125322 (resized).jpg
#5573 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did you get that from Phil or direct from Stern? Haven’t heard a thing about the new subway or disc levelling kit.

Neither, Pinball Universe .

#5659 3 years ago

Are we still stuck with the boring trophy room screen as the main screen we see 75% of the time?

1 month later
#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, just sick of hearing aboot him

I've never even heard of him other than in posts in this thread!

1 month later
#7062 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Just got my parts back, here’s a preview[quoted image]

Wow, that's horrible! just goes to show we all have different tastes.

1 week later
#7129 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had a bug where mind Gem wouldn't end? I was just in mind gem and down to one ball, all shots hit and just the disc to spin, I hit it plenty of times and it was registering but it wouldn't move to the next stage ( if there was another stage ) and it wouldn't end. When I eventually lost the ball I also lost the Gem as normal.

#7136 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You have to hit the sanctum target to finish mind gem.

Really? I didn't know that, must have always hit it by accident uptil now

Thanks.

#7174 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not quite true that you always have to hit the sanctum Kev.
There are 4 lights lit at the start of Mind gem, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. One of them will be blinking a little faster, and indicates they are under mind control.
If you hit any shot you can then spin the disc to free them. The more shots you hit before spinning the disc the more points it's worth.
Repeat this 3 times.
If you have hit the blinking shot in all 3 stages you don't have to hit the sanctum target. If you have missed the blinking light, even just once, you need the sanctum target.
If I'm in single ball play I'll focus on making the blinking shot before spinning the disc, so I don't have to hit the sanctum. In MB I just want to spin the disc asap so I can then keep shooting for the sanctum.

Thanks Wayne.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevlar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Kevlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.