IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6091 3 years ago

Added speakerlightkit to premium.

Used speakers with a black cone which makes the yellow pop.

Thanks again to Doug H... probably the best value for money upgrade someone can make to their premium or pro. Also the 5 1/4 speakers thicken up the sound plenty.

20210320_183614 (resized).jpg20210320_183614 (resized).jpg20210320_185655 (resized).jpg20210320_185655 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6293 3 years ago

My cm ramp has zero rejects if the shot is accurate. Only when the shot is slightly off does it rattle and reject.

#6336 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

What are you folks using on the upper flipper? I've replaced the factory black rubber all over. Using PerfectPlay on all three flippers, but the upper flipper does not last long. Do the SuperBands hold up better on the upper flipper?

I have superbands on all flippers. You get a little more purchase out of your shots. They also last a lot longer. Some people don't like the way they play. Try them out and see if they work for your playing style.

#6376 2 years ago

I've had my premium for some weeks now with slow improvements as I learned the game and averaging now around the 700 to 900mil. Problem is I can't seem to crack it into the billion or beyond amd my scoring has plateaued. Anyone else been in this boat? Any tips to go from reasonable scoring to the next level would be awesome. I've experimented with moving gems around etc but I still feel like I'm missing something to generate a bigger score.

1 week later
#6446 2 years ago

Not a bad update at all. This and Elvira are the most fun I've had with sterns in a while.

Not sure what it is with this game and updates but every time I've played it and thought something would be better if they changed it, a new code comes out and they change what I was hoping for... so much customisation now to change the game to your liking... awesome.

#6552 2 years ago

Just a quick rules question? If you have double triple portal lock scoring on a gem mode and drain a ball do you immediately go back to double then 1x scoring if you drain 1 or 2 out of your initial 3 balls starting the quest? Thanks.

2 weeks later
#6805 2 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Hi all- Avengers premium owner. I have a problem with my Captain Marvel ramp (no, not that problem). Sometimes shots to the ramp aren't registering as combos- like I'll hit black widow center ramp, the white arrow will be flashing on Captain Marvel, I make a clean shot to Captain Marvel, but I get no progression towards Binary and the combo doesn't advance. I've gone in to switch test and the opto works fine as far as I can tell (tested first just with my finger and then with a ball going as fast as I could fling it). Anything else I should be looking at?
Edited to add- oh I know the new code changed how many times you could repeat this combo, and I wish that was my problem, but I'm talking the first attempt at making the combo not the sixth repetition

Check the switch just before the ant man kick out hole which registers the completion of the shot. Mine was only registering sometimes and I needed to bend it slightly to make better contact with the ball.

The initial opto on the marvel ramp registers with a sound effect even if the completion switch doesn't fire it makes a sound. its deceptive and you can think the shot registered but it didn't. Worth a look at anyway.

Thats the only issue I've had with the marvel ramp. Not sure what it is with my game but the common reject problem happens so rarely on mine its not even noticeable.

#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

RANT
Ive had my premium since the first run. Ive had lots of time home with it. Im a comic nerd and i like Keith Elwin layouts.......
I cant seem to love this game. It just shoots so well thiugh. Until tonight i havent been able to put into words what i think that missing feeling is.
I think i realized its the lack of reward feeling vs the punishment feeling this game (code) provides.
Winning a gem is great and has its perks but losing any gem mode feels like a true loss. A mode doesnt time out. You win or lose. A loss however drastically changes the rest of your game. Ive never had the urge to restart a game as often as AIQ jist because i did poorly in a mode.
Then, even if you are doing well and completing gem quests, Thanos shows up to try and take them back. Defend them, ok, nothing overly satisfying imo. Lose a gem and it feels like another major punishment though. As much as i want to love AIQ the constant feeling of only having a really good game or shit one forces me to only like the game. What should have been a keeper for me will likely be gone as soon as something more desirable pops up.
Also getting to Soul gem every game gets old fast imo.

The settings are very customisable... if you're struggling a little or finding the game more punishing than you'd like change then up to your needs. Don't worry about how you think it should be played or how others play it... set it up for you. I personally don't allow thanos to take a gem as it pisses me off... and ive reduced the flips taken when draining in soul gem. I dont care what people think, I have more fun this way.

Its important to get soul gem early so doing that mode needs to happen before a lot of other modes.

#6873 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't think the people complaining of losing gems realize how many resources the game gives the player to help win the battles.
You only lose the gem if you drain during the gem battle. Therefore, set as much up to prevent draining during the battle:
- You can make the secret skillshot or shoot combos to get portal locks. Use the portal MB wisely, controlled play trap and shoot.. treat the extra ball(s) as a spare and not something to get points more quickly.
- You can bring in Thor or IMMB into the battle for additional balls and ballsaver. Not only that, both Thor and IMMB come with TWO add-a-balls (Antman mystery and Eye of whatever at Sanctum).
- If you get the time gem early, all those ballsavers last longer, making later gems easier
- If you need even MORE ballsaver, knock some drops down, figure out where Super Ballsaver is on the grid, then bring it in during a Battle
- During the battles, skip the additional "extra points" shots and just go for the gem goal (e.g. mind gem - shoot the fast blink shot then wheel 3 times for quick finish, ignore the non controlled avenger shots)
- Remember Marksman hawkeye will give back a gem if needed
If you do all this, you should get gems pretty regularly. And remember, the comics and movies would be pretty boring if the Avengers consistently wiped the floor with Thanos and won every battle before the finale...

People complaining for the most part know all the code tricks and strategies. I know the bloody code inside out by now but.. thanos taking my gems pisses me off, so I disabled it (thank you coders). Its the feeling you get from that part of the narrative during gameplay. Nothing to do with progression or score. If the argument is that his attack mode and consequent stealing of the gems is Negligible to the game progression than why is the mode there in the 1st place lol btw love this game... best and most satisfying shots in a Stern in recent times.

1 week later
#6980 2 years ago

Just a quick q that has probably been dealt with but my plunger is too weak and will not send the ball up the BP ramp, the auto plunger is even worse. Any fixes/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

My factory orange spring was weak and I replaced it with one from eBay and manual plunge now makes the ramp. For autoplunge my only successful method has been frequent waxing.

Thanks ill try fitting a stronger spring.

#7000 2 years ago

Just finding out who sells the cpt marvel ramp mod?

1 year later
#10860 1 year ago

Guys need help - just bought an avengers prem with home-brew code. I'd like to overwrite it and put original code back on. Can I just do the usual usb code update or do I need to replace sd card et?. Thanks for any help.

#10865 1 year ago
Quoted from broada:

If there’s homebrew code and you want to make sure you are fully stock, I would do the full SD card image.

Awesome thanks. Is an sd card reimage involve replacing it or is it still just putting in a usb to write over it? Meaning do i need to replace the sd card.

Apologies for my not knowing this.

2 months later
#11227 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

OK I'm still standing by my claim that I think a true backhand to the Marvel ramp is not possible, even with precision flippers.
I'm not counting off the tip flying backflips. Only a true, cradled back hand shot.
Prove me wrong!

Quoted from SirMachismo:

I just don’t think I can pull it off with stock flippers from a cradle…I have had several clean shots and they just don’t have the mustard. I even checked my EOS to ensure it is not gapping too soon.

the shot was never designed to be backhandable Clean the ramp, clean the pf and have relatively fresh balls and there shouldn't be a problem with a clean hit from the left as per design of the shot geometry. My point being if you can do it on the right flipper from this bogus precision flipper install then that's clearly cheating the game. You may as well block the outlanes and drill in a centre post. There's manipulating the game to make it more user friendly and enjoyable eg pdi, flipper rubbers, pitch etc then there's flat out glass off cheating. These crappy precision flipper kits are the latter.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=John1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.