IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seriously, and even if it is worst case scenario it's just a broken post. Not much different or serious than replacing a coil stop.
It's always baffling to me why people feel the need to see someone else's story and start spreading it around like it's their own story to tell. Especially without having any real knowledge of what the facts of the situation are.

Nothing new from him. Did similar things on the tmnt owners thread with their quality issues. I guess he thinks we will all change our minds on these pins if he bashes them enough. It didn’t go over well on the tmnt thread either

#501 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.
Dan

Yep, I wipe down and do a light wax plus clean the balls with alcohol and wax those as well

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Going to Pick up My LE tonight.
Stupid work and Life or I would already be on my way!

Priorities!!!

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Unboxing An Avengers LE Pinball Machine w/ The Greatest Of All Time!!!

sweet! What number did you get? I couldn’t see in the video

#819 3 years ago

Le is coming Wednesday!

#843 3 years ago

Does the le #really matter? Do they make them in order? I assume even since they pump them out in 2 weeks they all are similar. I have a chance to pick between a number in the 100s or 400s

#856 3 years ago

Gnr might be hurting these folks chances of flipping their LE. The one for 9,900 was the one that originally listed it for 14k. He might of sold it if he started at 9,900 a week ago.

I get mine tomorrow! The only flipping that will be happening is going to be 5 hours of me playing it that night!

F96AD607-18F6-4035-BBE3-55AA65842D7C (resized).pngF96AD607-18F6-4035-BBE3-55AA65842D7C (resized).png
#869 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

No shit. I thought it would be more.
I’ve got a premium on order now and never checked the price of the LE assuming it was higher.
Thanks

How much was your premium?

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

#480 received yesterday , I added Pinstadiums and speaker lights today. I setup it up in the video game side of my basement next to all my Marvel Hot Toys for some cool pictures and to prove to my wife I have more room to expand but then moved it in the row with Mr. Elwin’a other games.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You definitely like your stern LEs. Awesome setup!

#901 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I decided to coat my speaker panel and coin door. I can do the stock yellow for anyone interested but I wanted to try blue to match the thanos armor and comic look. What you guys think
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! If I didn’t buy a tmnt le I would of bought yours a couple weeks ago. You always do a good job nodding them out

#929 3 years ago

what’s your build date?

#930 3 years ago

130 up and running. Elwin is incredibly smart with these layouts. What a blast!

No issues yet except for the ball coming of the ramp if it’s going to slow across the playfield. Great pin! Build date sept 29 my sons birthday!

9816920C-3FE8-4F33-9C46-DBCB66F40CB6 (resized).jpeg9816920C-3FE8-4F33-9C46-DBCB66F40CB6 (resized).jpeg
#959 3 years ago

Played a lot of games on my le today. It’s awesome. The extra ramp and mystery kick out to that ramp for the prem/le is a game changer vs pro.

#968 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Where did you order the yellow T molding from? Your pin looks awesome.

T-molding.com has some. You have to Order in 20 feet but you’ll use less

#981 3 years ago

Does this post stopper ever pop up in the game? It functions in test but it’s never popped up while playing

9A3D33FE-D84C-4BC2-A20F-4F2E6B744267 (resized).jpeg9A3D33FE-D84C-4BC2-A20F-4F2E6B744267 (resized).jpeg
#987 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I think it should also pop up to hold your ball while you select which gem mode you want to enter, right?

Yeah, sorry, I have an le so gem mode is the subway

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yes, I had it pop up for a lock before the soul gem

Was that for pro or prem/le

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Received my LE this am and played 35 games on it. I don't believe I am over hyping it so I will say this game is a home run. I have never played that many games in a row on one machine. I thought it would but this game is really great. I am a comic book collector so that helps but the voices modes are both amazing and the shots are absolutely incredible. Well done stern.

I agree, I’ve put about the same amount of plays. It’s awesome. I like my tmnt le a lot but aiq I think is amazing

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from cmstruth:

I’ll say this and probably catch some flack but that’s what forums are for. Lots of GnR comparison to AIQ etc going on. Licensing and assets are their own topic of discussion but I’m more interested in discussing the effort or lack there of on some low hanging fruit from Stern. You can’t make an LE and put generic white flippers on it. These are the details that are leaving many to say JJP is putting more effort and delivering a complete pin. Love my AIQ LE but white flippers, no topper etc is sophomore effort...Charge me an extra 700$ for a complete machine but make your top end actually top end please.
[quoted image]

Does gnr LE come with a topper or are you comparing to the CE which is $3500 more than the stern le

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Bummer. I was hoping they were able to integrate one in some way that adds that feedback I enjoy. But it seems other than the spinners, AIQ doesn’t have any toys/bash targets that would benefit having a shaker.

That’s pretty common on early code and as they make updates it gets integrated more and more. Tmnt is a good example. Basically just vibrated like crazy now it does things like vibrates when you pizza multiball starts and it pulses like your getting whipped around until they are tossed.

It’s pretty neat

#1158 3 years ago

Any one else have POOP! On their screen when it’s cycle through them in attract mode?

F98E15F2-7335-4834-B8A1-AE812A249052 (resized).jpegF98E15F2-7335-4834-B8A1-AE812A249052 (resized).jpeg
#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Looks like someone had fun with the custom message option in the menu. Kids?

No, they are 6 and 7. They have no idea how to do that and it was a NiB. It might of came from the factory that way lol who knows

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

6 year old can't operate a computer menu? Hahahahaha bullshit.
WhoElseSay'sPoopPunkin

They could if i showed them but they would have no idea to put a custom message. If this was their iPad now that’s a different story

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I sold my nib le to another Pinsider whole lives near me , man he said there were a lot of quality control issues and again this is new in the box . Cpu not working , glass had some sort of defect and some burn in shooter lane . What’s up with these pinball companies ? They don’t check things out before they ship ??

Wow, the guy got a lemon?! That sucks

No issues with mine so hopefully he is taken care of. I heard of posts breaking off on the spinner and a couple of issues with the subway. Also, with pretty much every stern you have to check for any metal digging into the playfield So I’m sure people have found some issues with a pin here or there with that. Not sure what classifies as a lot but like usual they do have issues. Out of 500 LEs I’m not sure how many had issues or even how many pros have had issues. The poor guy you sold yours too with all those issues doesn’t seem like a common experience.

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I just called mine and was told Stern sent them an email it will be another 4-5 weeks. Large distributor, ordered 9/8, was supposedly 4th in line at that time. I am irritated

That’s why my last two has been LEs. The one time I ordered a DP pro when announced And it took forever. Now it I think it’s a keeper and a theme we love I’ll just do an LE.

#1680 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Not sure if anyone else has a game suffer from the Ant-Man lane guide over tightening issue. I have a ticket into stern on it but in the meantime to help I modified a Cliffy i had to protect it. I took the deadpool katana ramp cliffy and cut the corner so it wouldn’t cover the mystery insert then i cut it down length wise since you don’t need it that long. I filed the edges after cutting to make sure no sharp edges on the playfield. Figured this should work until Cliff has some time to make up a proper one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My buddy had a slight issue but didnt turn it in to stern. Let me know if they do anything for you.

2 months later
#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Is this game fun for someone who isn't interested in learning a bunch of rules?

My wife may be the same as your wife as a pinball player. She just really tries to keep the ball alive. Doesn’t care about the rules as much just wants a good game played or super fun shots. With that being said, aiq is her least favorite pin in our collection and the shadow is her favorite. I think because that shadow has a fun ball lock and cool block breaker upper playfield along with the diverter lanes. I am trying to get her more time on aiq because I believe as the code continues to evolve it will be amazing but we play pins a lot so I have to consider what she likes. If I ever did list it I’d probably put it in the higher range in hopes it wouldn’t sell or atleast for a while .

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So with my AIQ prem. there was a flyer from Gary Stern " Thank you for your purchase ! " Register your product to redeem your LIMITED EDITION stern insider reward * Unique to each title . Did anyone else do this and what did you get ????

I did not, I’d be curious if anyone did though. I should look at that for my aiq and tmnt. I’m sure the paper work is still in there

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Out of curiosity: Which owners here are rocking AIQ and Deadpool in the home, and how do they co-exist?
I own and love Deadpool and have been back and forth on AIQ for quite some time now as my next pin. I haven't played in person, but the layout looks phenomenal and I put about 100 games on the Surrogate.tv feed, so I feel like I know what I would be getting. And next to Deadpool, AIQ seems to win out on shots but definitely lags in the energy department and is a push on general gameplay flow (hit shots, light battle, etc.).
We are renting Stranger Things right now, though, and next to Deadpool that game is also pretty low key (imo) in terms of music, callouts, and general energy level. I am still enjoying Stranger Things and find it to be a good mood complement to the general wackiness of Deadpool, which has kinda led me back to AIQ.
This is all a long way of asking: Will the gameplay flow on AIQ be too similar to that of Deadpool, or do they play well together? Thanks in advance for the help!

I have both. Deadpool is a keeper for us. I think Deadpool is more fun to shoot. Aiq is good and will only get better with code updates but completely different flow than Deadpool. They co-exist pretty well as there are No real similarities in the play as the playfields are very different. I think tmnt and aiq have more similar layouts with the third flipper than Deadpool.

1 week later
#4503 3 years ago

If someone offered me a premium for my LE what do you think would be the fair added cash difference? No major mods to either.

I want to stay in the club but might move to a premium

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

In my opinion it depends on if both playfields have had washers under the ball guides since NIB. If both or just one has the playfield worn spots at Antman and/or Thor then cliffys covering damage is not same value as a perfect playfield. So if both were not damaged id say $1600 and adjust from there based on condition of playfields if needed.

Thanks, Mine I lifted and put mylar right away. Doesn’t have any issue. I’ll put a cliffy over the mylar once I get them but that’s just to keep it more protected.

#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Not to rub salt in a wound but the "premature" playfield wear is why i feel some of these machines have been sitting in the marketplace. Honestly who wants to pay $9k for a damaged practicly brand new playfield. If you were closer id trade you my premium for your LE since both have the known spots fixed right out of the box, i love that yellow powdercoating on the LEs!

I’m not too concerned on that. I put the mylar and washer right away or it would of chipped. I have cliffys but probably won’t install pym one. I have someone asking about it but not sure the proper cash to say would make up the difference

52670FEB-4C93-4E1D-AD10-6F772A5D4034 (resized).jpeg52670FEB-4C93-4E1D-AD10-6F772A5D4034 (resized).jpeg
#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I wouldnt install the cliffy either since you put the washer under the guide, the cliffy is ugly there and makes someone think your hiding the damage which yours doesnt have. Now you got to check the premium thats being offered for wear there and Thor area for damage. If it is damaged i wouldnt trade your perfect playfield LE for a damaged Premium unless theres a big enough money incentive but it would have to be steep cause your eyes will see that damage everytime you play. It might not bother some people but it would bug the shit out of me seeing easily avoided damage. Man i wish we were closer id trade you plus $1600-1700 right now!!!

thanks for the advice! That’s about the dollar amount I was thinking. 1600-1800.

Not certain I want to trade as I like the game and the LE colors. I would still have it if I went prem so I’m intrigued as I want to keep the LZ le too. I’ll decide in the next couple days. If it doesn’t happen with them it’s not a huge deal

#4629 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Have a down payment in for a premium but debating switching to a pro. The only thing I think I will miss is the vertical ramp. Any chance Stern will have the subway / disc / ramp fix in place when the premiums go back on the line? (although the ramp isn't really acknowledged is it?)

Vertical ramp is awesome and the subway puts the ball out on the right ramp vs just hit the mystery and rolling out to the playfield. Those two things are big in my opinion. I might sell my le to make room for lz le but in the summer I’ll get a premium aiq again once on the line

#4653 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109168

Going to temporarily leave the club to make room for an incoming pin. I’ll be back though but if anyone is looking for a nice LE let me know!

1 year later
#9728 1 year ago

I was planning to rejoin the club but my DP has been moved up. I bought an stern AIQ topper from a fellow pinsider anticipating getting the pin. If anyone is interested I would sell it for what I paid $600 plus shipping. Shipping should be like 30-40 dollars. Bummer I’m not joining but figured I’d offer it to this group if anyone is interested

5 months later
#10995 1 year ago

How much do used toppers sell for? I’m getting an aiq with the topper on friday

#10997 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Brand new $700 roughly

Used ones similar price?

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I would assume a little less but by how much?...unsure.

ok, thanks. I was just seeing if it’s even worth selling or more value with the pin if I go to sell/trade in the future. Thanks for the note!

1 month later
#11110 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Closing on a deal to trade Rick & Morty for Avengers: IQ + Cash...
I've never played A:IQ. Currently own Deadpool Premium and it's my favourite machine out of all that I've had (IMDN, TMNT, JP, R&M).
Anyone in here that's played both give an honest opinion on this being a worthwhile trade?

Pro or prem?

#11119 1 year ago

I had an Aiq le and now own a pro. I also own Rick and morty. We love Rick and morty. It’s our favorite pin becuase of the theme integration and play. Aiq has better flow and plays a little quicker for the most part. Prem has fun shots with that captain marvel shot. Rick and morty will never leave. Aiq will go again probably sooner than later

#11130 1 year ago

My aiq came with the stern topper. I never look at it so I’d probably sell it. What do they typically go for used?

1 week later
#11150 1 year ago

Sold my avengers and they didn’t want the topper. Anyone interested in it? Thinking $600 shipped

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Still have the topper?

Pm sent

#11159 1 year ago

Posted my topper if anyone is interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147529

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.