04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Greaseman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3440 3 years ago

Hey all, new pinballer here - just joined pinside.com. Purchased JP Pro 2 weeks ago, got hooked so..... AIQ Premium showed up yesterday. Both NIB. I wrote up a lengthy story - should be posted soon in the Stories section. Great community, btw - without this I probably would not have made the purchases.

I've read through every post here and there still seems to be some confusion with the Dr. Strange spinner. The ONLY issue I'm having is the brass bushing falling out (as another poster referenced) so I'm not sure whether I need to ask Stern for the Disc Leveling Bushing replacement kit (as some posters have referenced) because it looks like the replacement part is not directly related to the brass bushing staying in place. I've posted 2 pics - bushing in place and not in place. The bushing falls out after 1-2 plays. The good news is I've become adept at opening up the playfield. The bad news is I'm done doing that until I know how to permanently fix this. When the bushing is in place, it spins and plays flawlessly. With it not in place, the disc is uneven with the playing field and doesn't spin well (as expected).

I just contacted Stern through their "contact us" on their website but not overly optimistic I'll hear back quickly. I don't have any direct email contacts over there yet.

Wondering if those who have mentioned this issue of the bushing falling out have either:

1) Solved it with some blue Loctite (or other) to hold bushing in place (another poster suggested that)
2) Solved it with the Leveling Bushing Replacement kit (the key part in the kit is 545-1231-00)

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Sorry to re-hash previous topics but my suspicion is there may be multiple issues with the spinner and I want to make sure I do the correct fix. Cheers.

AIQ Spinner Bushing fallen out (resized).jpgAIQ Spinner Bushing fallen out (resized).jpgAIQ Spinner Bushing in place (resized).jpgAIQ Spinner Bushing in place (resized).jpg
#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Greaseman - So just wondering when you ordered your AIQ prem. ? Me and a lot of others have been waiting since the first of September for a Premium . Still no call or any idea when it will come ?

I just lucked out because I live in the Chicago area and the store where I purchased it had it in inventory (last one) so purchased it on Wednesday, 12/2. They are not a main distributor for pinball machines - they pretty much sell everything and anything. They only deliver pinball machines within 100 miles of their store so that's probably why it didn't show up on your radar screen.

The game is fantastic, when it works (ugh). Hope you get yours soon and hopefully this spinner bearing issue is fixed.

I did hear that Stern is operating at very restricted output based on the situation here. Someone said at 25% so no doubt the reason for the delay. Also, supply chain (in general) for a lot of things in the USA are still a bit of a mess so there could be raw part/material shortages for some of the components in their machines. Just speculating on this. Hang in there. Definitely worth the wait, although I know it's tough.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Welcome to the club! I have the exact same issue. That brass collar looks like it should be press-fitted or otherwise secured to the leveling bushing but it has come loose. Reseating it lasts about 2 or 3 disc hits before dropping out again. Even putting the subway on “no entry” (to minimize the hits to the disc shaft) did not make it last much longer, so the machine is basically unplayable.
I was able to contact stern (persistence helped in this regard) and they say they are sending me part #4 from the schematic on page 54 of the manual. I think I actually need part #2 and replied as such, asking stern to send both if possible and I will figure it out. In the meantime I have taken advantage of the downtime to replace the rubbers, address the antman entrance, clean and wax, etc.
I think a drop of crazy glue fixes this but I am reluctant to be crazy-gluing my brand new $cdn10,000 machine if there is a chance I am voiding the warranty!
All that said, this is a very fun machine to play ( when it works)!!

It's actually a relief to know others have the exact same problem - thanks for the quick response! Can you keep me in the loop on your fix attempts? I've been pouring over the schematics like the geek that I am but the reality is until I take it apart it's hard to know - I do think it's either part #4 or #2 though as you indicated. The bummer part is after a while (maybe 10 games) of playing with the brass bushing loose, the spinning disc gets stuck and it's unplayable. It just seems so easy to try to use something to adhere the brass bushing in there but I'm certainly not messing with it until I hear back from Stern if that's an acceptable fix.

Total bummer....such a cool game. Although I knew if I started going Premiums I would have some headaches. The good news is beer last night dulled the pain.

#3455 3 years ago

Thank you so much. I just emailed Pablo.

Wow....what a great community.

#3485 3 years ago

After my recent post on the AIQ Premium Dr. Strange spinner disc issue, I thought I should counterbalance that with what is working well. There have been various issues reported (other than the spinner disc) so thought I would share my experience.

Machine: AIQ Premium (manufacture date: 10/27/2020) - NIB
Software: V0.94 (I updated it immediately from V0.92)
Days playing: 2
# of plays: 109
Pitch Angle: 6.5 using PinGuy App. Varies slightly from upper to lower playfield.
Settings: All factory settings – no adjustments

What is working well:

Subway Mech: It has flawlessly moved the balls to the VUK and up kicked over to the right flipper perfectly. Not one issue. Multi-ball staging has also worked flawlessly. I’m guessing I have the redesigned mech based on other posts I’ve read. Also, I can see the top half of the balls in the subway and can also see the lights – others have expressed a concern over this. I’m 6’3” so that helps, but I also have the machine set up relatively high on the feet so I don’t have to hunch over to reach the flippers. A quick lean forward and I can see the full ball. Playnote: I love the subway mech and feels it adds to the experience.

Return Rail (crossing left to right to feed right flipper): I haven’t had a single ball fall off the rail.

Avengers Lock Tower: Working perfectly – if the shot is hit appropriately, it grabs it

Stuck balls: Haven’t had a stuck ball yet

Switches/Sensors/Spinners: I’m a total pinball noob but as far as I can tell everything is registering correctly.

Glass: No issues sliding it off/on – I’ve done this WAY more than I would have originally envisioned and no issues whatsoever. Seems exactly the same as my JP Pro (my only other machine). Easy to remove and replace.

Finally, not sure how or why, but it seems like this machine is super smooth with the ball rolling and the flipper action. My only other comparison is JP Pro, but somehow this feels different in a great way, and it’s unlikely it’s due to my JP Pro needing a wax because I’ve only had that for about 1 ½ weeks.

Overall, I’d buy this again in a heartbeat even with the Dr. Strange spinner disc issue – I’m sure that will get fixed in due time. The crazy thing is I bought this more for my son than me (theme wise, if it was just me, I would have gone Iron Maiden Premium, if I could have found one) but dang is this thing a hoot.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go play some bad pinball – my elementary school-aged son is currently the GC and I’ve probably played 3x more games than him. Ugh. And, yes, I can’t help myself – I keep pushing that brass bushing up so we can keep playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Greaseman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Greaseman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.