IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Broohaha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2825 3 years ago

Just got my pro delivered today, from Jason at Classic Game Rooms. Just wanted to give him a shout out for an amazingly fast delivery.

Handful of games in, without code update and the spinner wasn’t registering movement. Simply unplug and replug on the connectors fixed it. I know a lot of folks have posted more serious issues, questioning QA. Just wanted to post a positive, as I see this as a simple shipping dislodgement of the connector.

Love this thing. My pre-teen son is a huge fan as well. I just hope they revisit call-outs a bit. Thanos sounds like the hulk in some cases(tilt warnings). Wouldn’t mind some more insults as well!!!!

Code just updated... guess I better see the difference.

#2826 3 years ago

Well, after the code update, same issue with the spinner not seeing movement. Red led Flashing 3 times underneath when I lifted the pf. Not registering movement in the strange disc test. Unplugged and replugged again and got a steady blink, registering spin and working during play.

Strange...

A1B03F7D-9EDB-473F-AD79-1AF67073098D (resized).jpegA1B03F7D-9EDB-473F-AD79-1AF67073098D (resized).jpeg
#2827 3 years ago

So after an hour of weird, intermittent response from the strange spinner, and confirming the connectors were solid, I loosened the nut to bring the sensor just a shade closer. Seemed to be working after 5 games. Hoping that I’m done...

544784EC-B68D-4E60-9343-5A56C36B09F5 (resized).jpeg544784EC-B68D-4E60-9343-5A56C36B09F5 (resized).jpeg
#2843 3 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the Strange spinner not recognizing movement? After adjusting (see post #2827), it worked fine for that session, when I booted her up this morning, same issue: no advancing of strange during multiple spins.

I've learned that the red LED for the sensor board, blinking 3 times indicates some kind of error. A regular on/off LED indicates (I think that all is well.)

I'm at the point now, where simply by opening the coin door, disabling the power safety, seeing the 'on/off' of the board, close door - seems to correct the problem (in the middle of a game.) So I'm not even touching the PF.

#2916 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

have the same issue (intermittent magnetic sensor board working or not)
Still waiting for parts for more than a month to fix this. Not sure what will fix it though.

ezeltmann Did you already try adjusting the sensor so there's a 1/16" gap? What's your spinner diagnostic say? Sounds like you've already determined a board issue, so just curious what the final assessment was from your distr.

Since making the adjustment to the gap, it's been working consistently within a single power cycle. However, I've noticed on new power-on cycles, that it's in that 'dead mode', not sensing any spin. Open the coin door, enable 48V switch, look for the steady blinking of red LED, close the door and now it's working...

#3033 3 years ago

Going back to some earlier posts by about balls hitting the right slingshot from right orbit:

- I replaced my stock rubber last night, and I had used the manual for for my order (instead of looking on the playfield .) I have a Pro, so perhaps it's different for Prem/LE, but the manual calls for 2 3/4" ID rings on the right side (including the entrance to the right orbit). I found that the factory had installed a smaller ring that was super stretched.
RingsInstalledVsSpec (resized).pngRingsInstalledVsSpec (resized).png
- Then I noticed from a previous post, some folks look like they have 2 separate post rubbers instead of one ring.
2PostRings (resized).png2PostRings (resized).png
- Since I was having issue with the right slingshot firing on exits from the right orbit, I tried installing the 3/4" ID ring and found that it clearly isn't what the designer intended, as it now kicks into left slingshot.
SpecRingInPlace (resized).pngSpecRingInPlace (resized).png

I was just curious if anyone has this undocumented ring as well, and/or if folks have been putting in the post rings as a fix.

Side note: I have this at 6.5 and as level left/right as I can get.

#3041 3 years ago

yancy appreciate the additional context. Still seems weird to install rubber that doesn’t match the spec. In any case, I went with the Prem approach (2 separate post rubbers) and it’s beautiful. Nice flowing shots to the right flipper 90% of the time. Ymmv, oh wait, you sold yours.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

If you mean that the game isn’t registering spin, my suggestion is search on this thread. Lots on posts on the subject.

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

It does not spin at all and in test the buttons do nothing

In diagnostics, with the glass off, you’re saying the spinner can’t be moved by hand? That’s a strange issue.

If it does physically spin, but the diag screen does not show rpm or angle changing, search this thread on how to adjust.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

But I still don’t understand what the disc test does or how to activate or interpret it.

You should be able to flip it easily, and have it spin at least a couple revolutions - it should NOT be difficult to spin. In terms of the diagnostics, there's one key value:
FS = field strength - number of posts in this thread on the subject. Basically rotate the spinner to Noon, 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 9 o'clock. Hit "select" at each position and note the FS value. Ideally you'll get over 500 in FS for each value. Technically, I'm in the low 400's on a couple, but it's working for me. Reference the PDF link noted above on adjusting the sensor closer (but not too close) in order to increase the FS value.

#3078 3 years ago

Folks be gentle with me here, but can someone help me understand the gravity of this pooling situation? Is it just cosmetic, or are there actual long term issues? Is it simply the expectation when you're throwing down this kind of money that you'd expect a little more attention to detail?

I don't even have enough washers laying around to resolve all of the pooling issues I have.
PoolingIsssues (resized).pngPoolingIsssues (resized).png
I'm all for tinkering with my 13 year old SM, but I'm pretty pissed that I've had to:
- reinstall the Strange Spinner pin (fell out)
- level the Strange Spinner
- adjust the Strange Spinner sensor
- put 6-7 washers around PYM and Thor...

on a game with 30 plays...

#3080 3 years ago

Thanks for the explanation @eaglepin. And just to confirm, there is no recourse with Stern on this, correct? (Apologies if I'm dredging up old topics from previous machines.)

Heading off to Home Depot to buy out their entire inventory of 1/2" washers...<sigh>

#3082 3 years ago

It's confusing that Stern opts for this approach vs. (what seems to be an easy solve of) placing washers on every post by default.)

Should I even ask if people are getting a lot of dimples? (Feel like this is the 3rd rail of pinball.)

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Yes I am getting dimples. And I love each and every one of them individually. That’s my way to cope with their inevitability...

So this is normal and I should embrace my inner-dimple?
DimplesAIQ (resized).pngDimplesAIQ (resized).png

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Embrace it.
How long did it take to make that picture? Haha

I did find it therapeutic... "Snag-it" rocks for this type of thing - about 1 min for my artwork. Perhaps I should blow it up and hang it.

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code!
V0.94.0 - November 24th, 2020

HELL YEAH!!!! Should I have received an email (since I registered)? Or is that just wishful thinking on my end?

#3217 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Any quick ideas/ tips to bolster my score besides "play better" appreciated.

I was going to start with “play better” but..
- loosen up your tilt bob
- work on your forward and side nudges - Jack Danger is a pro at it - some might say he’s a bit excessive . Check out his streams on YouTube or twitch - Nudges are critical for this game that drains so much to the exit lanes
- focus on just making shots and don’t worry about the rule sets at this point
- Thor MB is your friend. Easy to start and you should be able to get a couple Mil
- try the Battle Royale mode to force you to practice your shot making (hold both flippers while in attract mode and select it - it’s tough and may be a bit frustrating for you, but it’s an easy way to practice)
- bang pots and pans together randomly while your son-in-law is playing

Let us know how it goes...

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

But its only
[quoted image]

Well “played”!

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Huge thanks!!! Meant 150m, not 1.5...(fixed).

That makes a big difference, sorry for all of the basic advice....

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

So rather than going straight on Pinside to complain of the build quality I fitted a nut and tightened it down.
This now meant that the guide had no side to side play in it, and also inadvertently raised the guide higher further up the playfield.
When I put everything back together and played some games almost half of the balls from the auto plunge rattled and came back down the right orbit.
  [quoted image][quoted image]

I did this same thing, installed a nut and had the same results! Mystery solved. Great detective work. I didn’t put the 2 things together

1 week later
#3514 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Make sure to turn down the ball eject power in the adjustments menu and I think you’ll be fine.

This...

I only had 30-40 games and I had already seen the far side of the ball channel starting to chip. I turned mine down a ton.

#3535 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Is Battle royale the same as Battle for Thanos?

No. It was included in early code, but they yanked it. (Presumably for a big splash of awesomeness at a later date.) There are different high scores for each.

#3548 3 years ago

I'm not into toppers personally, but I saw this and thought someone might be interested.
Capt 'Merica figure on woot.com $18
https://home.woot.com/offers/avengers-marvel-captain-america-figure?ref=w_cnt_wp_0_2
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3586 3 years ago

What is the pinside protocol regarding this massive thread for all things AIQ? (In other words, when is it 'normal' to start posting in separate threads?) I just keep seeing the same questions being asked again and again.

Bad form, but here is my cross-topic side note:

After a month, I finally have mine tweaked sufficiently now to resolve my most annoying issues:
- Autoplunger now sends ball all the way around to right flipper 95% of the time (at a setting of about 240)
Solved by: a lot of slo mo videos and tweaking of the metal ramp out of shooter lane. Key is keeping the ball on the right side up the ramp, without touching the wall.
- "Collect Gem" Ram/loop now drops the ball consistently in the same place at the top flipper, 95% of the time for many repeatable shots.
Solved by: removing the wire form and slightly twisting the exit just a little to point to the left.
- Able to make Black Widow shot after Black Panther more 'easily'; typically it would not have enough velocity to make it all the way.
Solved by: slight shift of the exit of BP wireform so that ball travel down to the flipper was smooth. I was not getting clean shots as the ball was bouncing around within the guide, hindering my ball speed off the flipper.

Still have to tweak my Dr. Strange spinner. 1 out of 3 boot ups, the spinner isn't recognizing spin. When looking under the playfield, the Dr. S. LED under the playfield is flashing 3 times, indicating an error. Simply disabling the 48V power and re-enabling fixes it 100% (LED simply blinks on/off, indicating proper operation.)

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

How do you loosen the adjustment jam nut? Does it require any tools?
Thanks for answering!

I had to wrap in a cloth and gently used vice grips. I simply couldn't do it with my hands. (I'm assuming you mean the white plastic nut, which allows you to move it up and down by rotating the unit.)

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

is there a something like checklist of things to look for and adjust in this particular model?

I don’t know if there’s a formal list anywhere, but I’ll borrow a quote from @wolfmarsh: “play the sh!t out of it”

Seriously, here are some things I did (not necessarily in this order, but hindsight is 20/20):
Replaced the stock balls with some from ball baron (cleaning then first of course)
Checked the playfield for defects
Checked the connectors in the upper boards
Booted it up
Ran the various tests via the system menu (switch, lights, etc...)
Turned down the ball ejector strength from 255 to low enough to just get the ball out of the trough into the shooter lane
Check the dr. Strange spinner for level and adjusted it
Played the sh!t out of it
You may want to update the code to .94 but I would play first then update to make sure all mechanicals are good before upgrading.

I’m sure others will have a better list/ideas.

Not an expert on Mylar, but they already have a number of Mylar inserts placed all over. You should be fine to play for a while in any case.

Added over 3 years ago:

2 more items I thought of later:
1. Look at your Antman and Thor guides and see if there's any pooling. Many of use are using #22 washers to raise the guide off the playfield to avoid digging into it (or damaging it more as in my case)
2. Make sure the playing angle is to your liking. Use the bubble if you must, but I used the "PinGuy" phone app to measure angle up and down, left and right. Think I'm at 6.7 degrees, but I get the feeling it's a personal choice.

#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I would add to put washers under the ant man and Thor ball guides to get them off the playfield.

Dammit - I knew I forgot something. Thanks @lermods.

Attaching a picture of what happened to mine out of the box. Apparently this is a pretty bad example. Stern sent me a hard coat kit, and I'll be getting a new unpopulated playfield.

AIQpooling (resized).jpgAIQpooling (resized).jpg
#3616 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I use the Ninja balls and haven't noticed any magnetism issues.

I've been using Ninja as well without issue, however, I'm perplexed on how scuffed they got in very short period of time (about 150 plays on one set, 300 on another). I wasn't sure if a NIB game would have rough edges on wire forms or what.

I've been doing a bit of a research experiment now. I just put in a set of their Polaris balls (carbon), which I have in the machine right now (just a handful of games). It's really a huge difference in the shine, but that's clearly listed on their site. (Plus they are 1 g heavier...) I didn't realize that the Polaris isn't as hard as the Ninjas, so I expect to see them messed up even faster.

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn! Sorry to see that. Is that the Ant-Man guide or another?

Ant Man. But I also put washers around Thor.

As my first NIB, I wasn't impressed, but strangely enough, I came away happy with a new playfield that I can keep in my back pocket. The key in my mind is to address the issue (with hard coat), then replace with washer. Should give me many years of play without affecting performance of the game, and when I'm ready to sell, if it's a deal breaker, I can offer up the PF. Trying to decide if I should hang on the wall in the meantime...

#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

What’s the consensus on Pro vs Premium these days? The captain marvel shot on the pro looks unsatisfying, but I haven’t tried it myself to say for certain.
Any pro owners regretting not opting up?

Quick answer is that won't be any consensus.

As pro owner and my wife being the coolest wife ever giving me a quick green light on my birthday, I couldn't justify $1700 for the Marvel Ramp, which the main difference in my mind. I played the Prem on location a handful of times before buying my pro. I'm very happy with my purchase, no regrets. If I was more flush, (or single), I would have probably sprung for the Prem and have been just as happy. CM shot is very satisfying.

I will say that Prem/LE must be harder to play with the CM loop. Personally, I don't get anything from the subway or elevated spinner, so simply making the ramp shot works for me.

#3684 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Thanks Broohaha!
Had a chance to unpack and perform the startup checks today. Everything went smoothly and the only problem I saw was a loose connector on the cpu board when going through your list. I’m sure that alone saved me a lot of hassle and time if I had just fired it up and found weird behavior when playing.

Glad that helped! I keep thinking of things: Make sure the playing angle is to your liking. Use the bubble if you must, but I used the "PinGuy" phone app to measure angle up and down, left and right. Think I'm at 6.7 degrees, but I get the feeling it's a personal choice.

#3687 3 years ago

Disclaimer: I love this game, so I'm hoping this is seen as constructive. It's written with the hope that someone from Stern is reading. And yes, I know this has been broached previously, but...

I'm watching a live stream about their Led Zep reveal (as I type this). It's a completely different theme, and different layout, so it's not meant to be a direct comparison. This feedback is primarily focused on the richness of the LCD animations (acknowledging that Led Zep is a lot of video footage). When I look at AIQ's variety and animation against what I see with Led Zep, it's night and day. I would love it if Stern could indicate "Hey, 2020- Covid - cut us some slack, we wanted to launch the game so everyone in their bubble can have some fun. We're working on it. Have plans to remove the damn trophy room as the default, etc..."

Perhaps it's all about the game design process and the people involved, but I truly believe that (with current code) the AIQ has so much opportunity to improve.
Ledzep (resized).jpgLedzep (resized).jpg
To be clear, I'm not knocking the Capt America ball save animation. Just trying to share a couple shots from Led Zep.

What say you?

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My AIQ Premium arrived today!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Great to hear all set up well out of the box.

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Can anyone point me toward a good maintenance guide? AIQ is my first pin, and I'd sure appreciate a bit of mentorship on proper maintenance before I spread turtle wax all over the inside in hopes of keeping the play flowing smoothly... Thanks!

I'm relatively new to the pinball owners club, but I've found Vid1900 as the ultimate resource for this type of thing. Not to say the other waxes being recommended don't work but... I went with Vid's recommendation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/2#post-2657721
https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

That jar will last longer than I willl...

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I still have a problem with my center ramp when shooting from a right inlane feed, but no problems with cradled balls.
About 1/4 of the shots won't make it up the ramp even if the ball is right in the middle. I feel like shooting the ramp more to the left supports more flipper power, and more than often they really go up easily.
I checked out the EOS, but everything is fine down there
I am not sure if its just because i shoot a littlebit too early.

I had the exact same issue. Did a slow-mo video on my right inlane and the ball wasn't exiting the wire form cleanly. It would bounce around down the lane, resulting in a non-perfect hit off the flipper, hence the lack of velocity up the center ramp. (This would explain why you don't have the problem when cradling.) I simply loosened the wire form where it meets the inline made slight tweaks left/right to get the ball to cleanly land and track in the lane.

Hope that helps.

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:Thanks, it didn't help.

Sorry to hear that. The ball looks really smooth coming down, so agreed that we had different issues... I love this shot, so keep working on it.

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

New code just popped up on sterns website!! .95

Did you get an email announcing the update? I registered, and it’s only through pinside that I find this stuff out.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

dumb question, what is the best size and type of washer to use here?

I believe it's #22 size washer...

1 week later
#4075 3 years ago

That is an interesting development... Care to share more?!?!?

#4076 3 years ago

On a completely different topic, no doubt mundane compared to showing movie footage during the high score screens:

Has anyone played with the settings tied to the DJ mod? I happened to find it, and it had selections for the background. I can't recall the exact options, but I think it was random, psychadelic + others. There was a 'blank' option, and I made the bad (curious) choice for "blank"... Now, when I choose DJ mode from holding both flippers, the machine freezes, and I get a 'restart notification', and the machine completely reboots. Obviously a bug, but now I can't find the option in the system settings to change it... It doesn't affect any another aspects of the game, so luckily not really a problem.

Anyone want to give it a shot and report out? I have a PRO in case that matters....

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've injected movie clips into the code like I've done with other titles (JP2, etc). No timetable on this but I'm digging the game and might put more in.

Impressive. So what are the limitations? Physical size of storage? Time windows (only so many seconds of video)? Or is it more complicated than that? Pretty damn cool in any case. Is this a business venture or more just of a hobby?

1 month later
#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Anyone know if there is a place in this awesome thread that talks about adjusting the wireform that comes off the potbelly ramp to the upper flipper so the ball drops and goes along the ball guide to the flipper instead of dropping and trickling to the right away from the upper flipper?

Not that I’ve seen. I’ve tried 2 things with mixed results:
1. I put a tiny tab of duct tape on the right side of the exit circle of the wireform. At 3o’ clock. Worked well. Looked ugly.
2. I’ve (tried) to adjust the wireform left so that it drops the ball next to the guide. I also tweaked the exit a bit to tilt towards that guide. This has not been as effective. I’m about 50% for a proper drop.

I may have to go back to number 1 pending a better solution. A solder bead instead of the duct tape might work, but I wouldn’t expect it to wear well.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Are some of the crazy high scores on 3 balls? or 5 balls?

It's impossible to say for all scores, but my best is 1.6 bil - on 3 ball "mode". (.95 code) Keep in mind I must have gotten 3+ extra balls on that game. I would say most folks are playing with 3. Over a billion is definitely doable if that's what you're asking.

But perhaps 1.6 bil isn't a crazy score for you... was for me!

1 week later
#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

There are lots of posts on this topic in this thread, but there's not a silver bullet here. (Maybe that's why there isn't a single key post at the beginning of this thread.)

Anyway, I was getting 50% success and starting messing with various aspects. I came away with 100% success now at a power of 240 (key for soul as you pointed out), BUT understand that it's a process of trial and error. I hit new lows (10-15%) during the process. It takes patience and some luck.

My suggestions:
1. Record your ball launches in super slow-mo. This was critical for me, as it clearly showed the ball careening off the sides on the way up, killing speed and resulting in partial orbit.
- The goal is for the ball to NOT touch the rails if possible up until it curves to the left. And even then, the ball should be hugging the right rail when it gets off the ramp for a nice smooth transition to the left.
2. Check the launcher alignment as someone else pointed out. Mine was making good contact, i didn't adjust it at all.
3. I ended up putting layers of felt padding under the tab of the metal ramp (goes under the BP vertical rail) AND had to tweak (twisting it slightly) that same ramp to keep the ball on center during the path up to the left turn.

Somebody was suggesting drilling new holes for the 2 screws, since it's clear the ramp can slide down a bit, but I can't recommend that.

Hope that helps. (red path is your goal. gray path is what I was seeing in my slo-mo originally, albeit accentuated.)
AIQ AutoLaunch issues-cropped (resized).jpgAIQ AutoLaunch issues-cropped (resized).jpg

#5244 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

1) Auto launch doesn’t make it up the orbit, drains into the bumpers 50-60% of the time. I’ve attempted all the forum suggested fixes with no long term results.

What does a slo-mo video show about the path of the ball going up the shooter lane and into the curve?

2 weeks later
#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Last batch from ball baron where dull as shit, horrible. I'll be avoiding his carbon balls.

Well, the carbon balls are really for games with heavy mag play. (I had a set as well , and agree they won’t win any pageants, but they worked just fine.) You’ll be fine with the ninja balls, and they’re beautiful.

To be clear: AIQ doesn’t impart magnetism to the balls, which would be a reason to go with the carbon balls.

#5757 3 years ago

Separate, silly topic... what’s everyone getting on their RPM score? Completely irrelevant for scores of course.

I couldn’t bear to attach a screen shot since it’s really meaningless, but I’m sitting at 1,200 RPM. Most are in the 800-900 range.

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I just mentioned this yesterday...1490.625

Must have missed that post! That's a good rip. Good to know I still have some room.

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I just always use carbon balls in games with magnets. If holding multiple balls still with a magnet for seconds at a time isn't "heavy use" I don't know what would be

I’m no expert, but my assumption was that the strength and frequency drove whether or not the balls get magnetized during a typical pinball lifetime. I’ve used both, and had no issues either way. I think some pinsiders just prefer the shiner balls...

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

I would propose getting a % with any accuracy is impossible on pinside. It's more likely for someone to post here that is having a problem than for folks who don't. (At least that is my experience: people share more when they're frustrated.) I suppose you could try a poll on pinside...

With that said, I'll echo what other people have shared: I love my pro and the fast flow it has. No regrets. I'd love to have the CM ramp, but that's the only true miss in my mind. (Subway and raising portal lock wasn't a consideration for me.) Thus, the CM ramp was not worth the $1,700. But damn, I'd love to have the CM Binary multiplier!!! Looks fun.

Recommend going with your gut, or trying to play both on location and do the financial math for yourself...

1 week later
#6012 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

I made a tutorial video for those who want something to help them learn some of the basic rules:

Great job with this. There are a ton of people in this thread that are going to love this.

For me: I loved that you gave a glimpse into 1.x code. Everyone can now rejoice, as we are NOT children of the trophy room forever...

#6015 3 years ago

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but on my Pro, the LCD background is predominantly the Trophy Room, which has been a topic for many on this thread in terms of an opportunity to improve the overall refinement of the game.

In your video, it appears you have different code that has the Sanctum as the primary background, where the Black Order characters are coming in and out of portals. Proxima tosses a gem in the air, etc... I fully expected this was beta code. Perhaps I shouldn't assume this is part of future build.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from nick_k:

Updated to 1.00 today after realizing I was on 0.99. Holy extra balls, Ant-Man. Did they do anything to change the award of those? Not complaining but it made it feel too easy to get to Battle Thanos with 5 EBs.

I don't believe there was a significant change there. Maybe I should trademark the new phrase "Play worse..." I've had games with tons o' extra balls, but it's usually the result of a stellar game of getting trophies, killing the hawkeye shot multiple times, and the usual sources. 2-3 EB's seems standard to me.

#6122 3 years ago

Quick shout-out to ABE_FLIPS on the video he posted on page 122. Great reference for newer players, but I was completely impressed with the video production quality.... I'll have to keep an eye on his other stuff...

1 week later
#6347 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can't figure out what it's hitting, or if the plunge might be affected by the same thing

Sounds like you may have something unusual hidden in the upper part of the playfield, but do you notice similar issues with your BP shot? If no, then you're likely looking at a 'messy' ball path coming from the shooter lane.

Can I assume you've done a slo-mo video with a smart phone? If not, try it or find a friend. My experience has been the ball bouncing back and forth up the lane into the left hand curve. You need to minimize that action.

Hope that helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
7,900 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Broohaha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=Broohaha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.