IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 256.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So from a cradle with the ball on the right flipper - is anyone able to hit and make the Captian Marvel ramp ???

Nope. This isn’t a thing. From a stalled cradle...not happening. Angle is way off

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Sorry to break topic on new code but I know many have adjusted the Thor where digging into playfield. Mine is started to pool and now chip slightly. Looks like one nut holding it. How do I adjust up if that is the fix?

Place a washer under the guide where the screw is, requires removal of the guide. Or, just loosen the nuts holding it on and tap it up a little to get it off the playfield and gently tighten the nuts. Search my posts, I wrote about it in this thread.

#4853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Place a washer under the guide where the screw is, requires removal of the guide. Or, just loosen the nuts holding it on and tap it up a little to get it off the playfield and gently tighten the nuts. Search my posts, I wrote about it in this thread.

Metal washer?

138A50CB-AF7D-469F-B86F-BAFBE1E02872 (resized).jpeg138A50CB-AF7D-469F-B86F-BAFBE1E02872 (resized).jpeg7D66BA93-9946-497E-994E-83CBB63679CA (resized).jpeg7D66BA93-9946-497E-994E-83CBB63679CA (resized).jpeg
#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Metal washer?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, just don’t tighten it down too tight, you don’t want the washer digging in. Sorry to see you already have some damage. Check your pym guide too.

#4855 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, just don’t tighten it down too tight, you don’t want the washer digging in. Sorry to see you already have some damage. Check your pym guide too.

Ok. Thank you looks like in previous post was 8/32 washer.

#4856 3 years ago

Oh yeah! Defeated the final Thanos!

44865D9F-836F-45D5-B798-BB7ADB3FE048 (resized).jpeg44865D9F-836F-45D5-B798-BB7ADB3FE048 (resized).jpegDE599916-FC12-46D1-93AA-DFADB3F43C24 (resized).jpegDE599916-FC12-46D1-93AA-DFADB3F43C24 (resized).jpeg
#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh yeah! Defeated the final Thanos! [quoted image][quoted image]

What speaker lights are those.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

What speaker lights are those.

Deluxe Spike 2 kit from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#4859 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Metal washer?
[quoted image][quoted image]

How is this happening? Is it too tight from the factory or does it happen during gameplay?

#4860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How is this happening? Is it too tight from the factory or does it happen during gameplay?

To tight from factory and over time it breaks off. Clear was dried on guide sides. I have watched for awhile and finally chipped.

#4861 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks pym is good.

#4862 3 years ago

I got to Thanos Attacks somehow. So much is going on in this pin especially when you have two multi balls stacked I don’t even know what I’m completing but man this pin is a blast. Thought you needed to have two soul gems to get to Thanos Attacks but I know I only had one and failed on a few other attempts?

#4863 3 years ago

Also does anyone use the Ninja Premium balls
on this pin even though it has a magnet? I really dislike the Stern balls and nothing shines like the Ninja Premium ones do.

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I got to Thanos Attacks somehow. So much is going on in this pin especially when you have two multi balls stacked I don’t even know what I’m completing but man this pin is a blast. Thought you needed to have two soul gems to get to Thanos Attacks but I know I only had one and failed on a few other attempts?

For Thanos Attacks you need the Soul Gem and play at least 2 other Gem Quests (win or lose)

Quoted from Deyanks98:

on this pin even though it has a magnet? I really dislike the Stern balls and nothing shines like the Ninja Premium ones do.

I use and like the Ninja pinballs. Haven't had magnetism issues with them in AIQ or my other machines, but I do change them out every 400 - 500 games as they are fairly scuffed for my liking at that point.

#4865 3 years ago

as the delivery of my new AIQ is getting closer, I wanted to collect things that might come in handy..
Do you guys know the name of the tool used in the video shown above? I want to order it to have it handy, I might install a playfield protector (undecided) and this tool seems like a must have for adjusting the disc....
With that said, how many of you are running Playfield Protectors?

I tried it, and removed it after some days.
It was causing many problems, airballs etc...

#4866 3 years ago

Just had Gamma spinner thing start, immediately before Hawkeye, and Gamma timed out because of Hawkeye. That sucked. Gamma should be put on hold for Hawkeye.

HULK MAD.

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

For Thanos Attacks you need the Soul Gem and play at least 2 other Gem Quests (win or lose)

I use and like the Ninja pinballs. Haven't had magnetism issues with them in AIQ or my other machines, but I do change them out every 400 - 500 games as they are fairly scuffed for my liking at that point.

Thanks that makes sense then why I got to that mode and I'll definitely put the Ninja balls in when they come in to give them a try.

#4868 3 years ago

Love the new code. My favorite combo is essentially back, wizard modes, light show is now well above average. The new risk reward with extending black order can be painful, but I like being challenged to play better.

I have been disappointed with the cost/value of several of Stern's recent titles, but giving credit where it's due, AIQ has been my favorite game in recent months.

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I use Ninja balls on nearly all of my pins. I eventually had to remove them from Batman 66 because they would get stuck on the magnet after the magnet turned off, but that's the only time that I've had to replace them.

#4870 3 years ago

Are some of the crazy high scores on 3 balls? or 5 balls?

#4871 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

I use Ninja balls on nearly all of my pins. I eventually had to remove them from Batman 66 because they would get stuck on the magnet after the magnet turned off, but that's the only time that I've had to replace them.

With the Ninja great balls but does have magnetic issue.

#4872 3 years ago

so chrome balls work alright in this game then?

#4873 3 years ago

I’ve got ball baron ninjas in mine and no issues at all.

#4874 3 years ago

Encountered a bug just now.
In reality gem,
Ball one locked.
Hit ball lock 2, and also dealt the final blow.
Froze the game on the ball 2 screen, reset the game.

#4875 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

It's impossible to say for all scores, but my best is 1.6 bil - on 3 ball "mode". (.95 code) Keep in mind I must have gotten 3+ extra balls on that game. I would say most folks are playing with 3. Over a billion is definitely doable if that's what you're asking.

But perhaps 1.6 bil isn't a crazy score for you... was for me!

#4876 3 years ago

Yes, they have worked fine for me in AIQ.

#4877 3 years ago

Yes, they have worked fine for me in AIQ.

The last time I bulk ordered ninja balls from Ball Baron he had the super shiny premium balls as well as carbon steel balls meant for games with aggressive magnets. I bought both.
(We’re still waiting for our new A:IQ to be delivered so I can’t tell you how they work in this game)

#4878 3 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – FEBRUARY 2021:

Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.98.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#4879 3 years ago

Will the Thor ball guide issue be addressed by stern in new builds, anyone have any idea? Waiting on my February Premium delivery.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Quoted from Broohaha:

It's impossible to say for all scores, but my best is 1.6 bil - on 3 ball "mode". (.95 code) Keep in mind I must have gotten 3+ extra balls on that game. I would say most folks are playing with 3. Over a billion is definitely doable if that's what you're asking.
But perhaps 1.6 bil isn't a crazy score for you... was for me!

Yes, all of my scores including my current best of 1.6 Billion is also with 3 balls, but I did get several extra balls during the game.

#4881 3 years ago

Joined the clubs with a NIB from Next Level Pinball!

What are the best game specific mods (I already added a shaker, additional lighting, speaker lighting, HD glass, art blades/mirror blades, etc) for this game currently other than the two big Memel mods, upgraded tower and DR strange sanctum house.

Is there a good glove mod to replace the lame plastic glove in the pro?

#4882 3 years ago

Hey if anyone wants to make the cheesy Star Trek: TNG style outlanes a little more fair, remove the little black bumpers from the top of the inlanes.

Conventional theory is that removing these makes the game harder and MORE susceptible to outlane drains. Not true. I noticed this anecdotally and decided to run a test - 100 games with them on and off. End result is 12% fewer outlane drains with the inlane bumpers off.

My observation is that on nothing-but-net outlane drains, it's possible the bumper MIGHT have stopped it - but no guaranteed it wouldn't still go out. But on volleys where it's trapped and bounces back and forth - especially in the badly designed area between Antman and the right outlane - it goes out nearly every time with the bumpers on, and only about half the time with the bumper gone.

Yes, bumping the machine will clear the ball out of the outlanes more often than not, but this game's design makes it so outlane hungry that it becomes exhausting to keep having to do this during a 30 min game. So removing the bumpers is much easier. Try it out and see what you think.

#4883 3 years ago

Does anybody know about when in February the next batch will be made?

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Joined the clubs with a NIB from Next Level Pinball!
What are the best game specific mods (I already added a shaker, additional lighting, speaker lighting, HD glass, art blades/mirror blades, etc) for this game currently other than the two big Memel mods, upgraded tower and DR strange sanctum house.
Is there a good glove mod to replace the lame plastic glove in the pro?

I'm honestly digging the stern topper. Never thought I would say that with how much they cost. But something fun about collecting the gems and working towards some special multiball.
Blue or red PinGulp. I also added the external volume control/headphone Jack from pinball life.

#4885 3 years ago

What are default outlane settings?

#4886 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are default outlane settings?

Factory Default is the most closed position (bottom most hole towards flippers)...although I can't imagine opening them up more could be any less punishing, they are already a drain nightmare.

#4887 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just had Gamma spinner thing start, immediately before Hawkeye, and Gamma timed out because of Hawkeye. That sucked. Gamma should be put on hold for Hawkeye.
HULK MAD.

Gamma ray doesn't start til you roll over the lit right inlane. You did that and then missed the left orbit spinner and hit the tower instead. 100% your fault. Hit the spinner off the feed next time.

#4888 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gamma ray doesn't start til you roll over the lit right inlane. You did that and then missed the left orbit spinner and hit the tower instead. 100% your fault. Hit the spinner off the feed next time.

Woah, settle petal .

In that case gamma should stop if any other switch is hit other than the spinner.

#4889 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Woah, settle petal .
In that case gamma should stop if any other switch is hit other than the spinner.

Nope, this one is do it or lose it. Keith said earlier that pauses wouldn't work due to the choreographed audio/visual effects. The fact you control the start makes up for the limited time to cash in.

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Nope, this one is do it or lose it.

But it's not do it or lose it - I can miss the first shot to the spinner from the RHS lane switch for Gamma in any other circumstance, including multiballs and Gems, and still have a good chance at Gamma. Just not if I happen to start Hawkeye.

Anyway, maybe it's just becuase im not a fan of Hawkeye in general - that feed from the tower is all over the place on my game - its a complete crapshot. And not a fan of how it interrupts the game in general.

#4891 3 years ago

If anyone wants to feel really bad about their performance, check out this video. Shows you just about everything there is to see in the game. SPOILER ALERT - final Battle Thanos mode reached at 1:46:00 and defeated.

#4892 3 years ago

Well his first game is like most of my games haha

Quoted from Apollyon:

If anyone wants to feel really bad about their performance, check out this video. Shows you just about everything there is to see in the game. SPOILER ALERT - final Battle Thanos mode reached at 1:46:00 and defeated.

#4893 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'm honestly digging the stern topper. Never thought I would say that with how much they cost. But something fun about collecting the gems and working towards some special multiball.
Blue or red PinGulp. I also added the external volume control/headphone Jack from pinball life.

I am not a topper fan but bought when available. We like it a lot still have not collected all.

#4894 3 years ago

the topper is like JPs topper? special mode that only comes with the topper?

#4895 3 years ago

Yes

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

#4896 3 years ago

From the stern of union there’s more new code coming this month!

#4897 3 years ago

who else loves the captain america shot?
People say its the hardest shot in the game but i think its ant-man.

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/avengers-topper

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

CA is difficult, but doable, Antman is mostly a bounce of the left slingshot for me...

#4900 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It’s tough but it’s a great shot that feels great when you can nail it smoothly and it rips back round and out the hulk orbit.

There isn’t a shot that doesn’t feel great on this game Keith’s best layout and my favourite layout ever, even the antman scoop which are usually Lackluster to hit feels great because it’s a tough shot and it’s the only shot other than the subway that gives you a second to look up and workout what’s next.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/98?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.