IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 253.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’ve been screwing around with Pinball Browser and exploring the videos and callouts. The callouts are 95% Thanos and Dr Strange. And they are really boring. There are so many great quotes from the, what 20 movies. I’ve made a few simple replacements and it makes a big difference in my opinion...

Assuming you own the actual digital movies and are doing so for personal usage, you could easily get carried away and make hundreds of audio/video replacements like timlah79 and delt31 did for Jurassic Park. It's a game changer for sure! That said, the work is non-trivial to do so as new clips need to fit 'just right' into the existing slots, and each time Stern releases new gamecode, it WILL break the PinballBrowser process until the PB developer re-maps the data content in their binary image. Reminder, Stern has a new EULA which should be considered and respected before you do anything.

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The EULA is more for Stern than it is for us, they have to be seen taking every step they can to protect the IPs they are getting access to use, anyone licensing something is supposed to protect and report any unfair use/modifying or distributing of said content.

I agree. From a timing standpoint, it seemed to have lined up with the DMCA crackdown on twitch and other streaming sites. It has that self protection sound to it.

#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Assuming you own the actual digital movies and are doing so for personal usage, you could easily get carried away and make hundreds of audio/video replacements like timlah79 and delt31 did for Jurassic Park. It's a game changer for sure! That said, the work is non-trivial to do so as new clips need to fit 'just right' into the existing slots, and each time Stern releases new gamecode, it WILL break the PinballBrowser process until the PB developer re-maps the data content in their binary image. Reminder, Stern has a new EULA which should be considered and respected before you do anything.

Anything I do is only for personal use. I’m not interested in distributing it in any way. It’s a lot of work but fun when you create a special moment in the game. I really love everything about the layout, rules and playability of the game, but the video/audio content just doesn’t have many fun or exciting moments.

#4754 3 years ago

Is there anyway to not put the soul gem at risk during bom (meaning not to get the mb extension)?
I think bom is one of my least favorite mode, maybe because i did not understand completly how it works and I'm just eager to reach the battle...

#4755 3 years ago

I updated the code this morning on my premium and during the first game the disc wouldn’t register any spins. I shut the game down and turned it back on and it worked fine. I was worried that I did something wrong as I changed out the bushing from Stern for the disc leveling issue last week (which did mostly correct my unlevel disc).

I played some games today and could not get the Thanos Attacks mode to start. I collected 2 gems but missed out on the soul one game. The next I missed 1 gem, got the 2nd gem and then the soul gem but the next mode was another gem. When does Thanos come?

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I updated the code this morning on my premium and during the first game the disc wouldn’t register any spins. I shut the game down and turned it back on and it worked fine. I was worried that I did something wrong as I changed out the bushing from Stern for the disc leveling issue last week (which did mostly correct my unlevel disc).
I played some games today and could not get the Thanos Attacks mode to start. I collected 2 gems but missed out on the soul one game. The next I missed 1 gem, got the 2nd gem and then the soul gem but the next mode was another gem. When does Thanos come?

I got Thanos attack after my second 3rd gem, I collected the mind gem first then lost one, then played soul gem and then collected power, pretty sure the next shot to the disc/scoop for me was Thanos.

You have to spin the disc and spell strange to qualify/open the disc again for Thanos.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Get the soul gem, play 2 gems and spell strange. Only the gems played after the soul gem count, i think

#4758 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

When does Thanos come?

Thanos Attacks - added this new Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after collecting the Soul Gem and playing at least 2 Gem Quests

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I just got it for the first time. I believe you have to have won the soul gem, and played two other gems (win or lose). Then the next gem mode you start will be Thanos attack instead. So I'm pretty sure you should have gotten it on your second game as you described.

I haven't had a decent game since the update. I finally got Thanos Attack just now, hit one shot and then the ball jumped over my flipper and out. Ugg!

Since you are now risking your Soul gem during Black Order Multiball if you use it to restart the multiball, I do hope there is a way to decline the restart (but I do not think there is a way right now).

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

In Thanos attack it should (if it does not already) reward you for defeating Thanos by giving you one of the gems he has if you had already lost some to him earlier

Great idea sk8ball ??

#4761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just got it for the first time. I believe you have to have won the soul gem, and played two other gems (win or lose). Then the next gem mode you start will be Thanos attack instead. So I'm pretty sure you should have gotten it on your second game as you described.
I haven't had a decent game since the update. I finally got Thanos Attack just now, hit one shot and then the ball jumped over my flipper and out. Ugg!
Since you are now risking your Soul gem during Black Order Multiball if you use it to restart the multiball, I do hope there is a way to decline the restart (but I do not think there is a way right now).

Don’t you have to win at least 2 gems plus the soul gem? Thanos attack is him coming after you to get the gems you’ve got, when you start the mode it says choose a gem shot to defend.

I’ll play some more later and see what I can confirm.

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t you have to win at least 2 gems plus the soul gem? Thanos attack is him coming after you to get the gems you’ve got, when you start the mode it says choose a gem shot to defend.
I’ll play some more later and see what I can confirm.

I THINK if you lost the other two, you for sure defend Soul. I'm pretty sure on mine I won one gem (mind), lost the other, and of course had Soul. So I could choose between Mind and Soul in my case. But I'm not 100% positive.

#4763 3 years ago

Very confusing. I got 3 gems + soul gem, then finished BO multiball and thanos didn't attack even once. Yes I'm running .98

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit - I did a factory reset and now everything is fine and Thanos attacks now

#4764 3 years ago

From what I understand, you have to play 2 gem quests AFTER winning the Soul Gem...then spell STRANGE, which opens the portal for Thanos.

With that said, it makes sense to collect Avengers ASAP to qualify for Soul Gem IF you want to tussle with the big guy.

#4765 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

From what I understand, you have to play 2 gem quests AFTER winning the Soul Gem...then spell STRANGE, which opens the portal for Thanos.
With that said, it makes sense to collect Avengers ASAP to qualify for Soul Gem IF you want to tussle with the big guy.

Doesn't have to be 2 gems after Soul. I just got it after winning the Power and Mind gems, then winning the soul gem. The next time I spelled strange, the gem quest was replaced with Thanos Attack (which I failed....)

Fun new mode for sure.

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Doesn't have to be 2 gems after Soul.

Sweet! I'm going to grab a beer and pick a fight with him now.

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for all the advices on the CM ramp.

But a clean shot from a cradle should go up the ramp at least for 95%.
You should not get punished for a perfect shot.

Just curious did you try changing the coils out for LOTR ones?
It might/might not be a design flaw, it might of worked great in keiths game, but like mentioned something might of gotten slightly changed in production and sometimes the smallest variance matters.
My game has about 3 thousand plays now and I just had to bend the CM ramp to the left slightly because no balls were going up at all... literally 0 out 10 clean shots.
Now Its back to 4 out of 5 clean shots making it.

Was thinking about replacing the coils to help it, worked pretty good on Stranger things Tele-lock. I'll look at the fan and plastic solution next.
thanks for suggesting it.

#4768 3 years ago

update keeps failing. ugh

#4769 3 years ago

anyone know where to order spare stern backbox keys? One of my new pins didnt come with any

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

update keeps failing. ugh

Are you getting a good download of the file from Stern? If the USB load is failing, you might consider downloading the SDCARD RAW image instead of the USB SPK image, and write the RAW file directly to another SDCARD yourself.

(To test it, I just download .98 SDCARD (RAW) and it worked fine. Took about 60 seconds to download)

#4771 3 years ago

Are you getting a good download of the file from Stern? If the USB load is failing, you might consider downloading the SDCARD RAW image instead of the USB SPK image, and write the RAW file directly to another SDCARD yourself.
(To test it, I just download .98 RAW and it worked fine.)

Ive never had to do that. How do I do that? Im reformatting stick again now and trying the same file I downloaded

#4772 3 years ago

oh the sd card route. Id like to avoid that. going to keep trying this and will re download if needed

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ive never had to do that. How do I do that? Im reformatting stick again now and trying the same file I downloaded

Go to their SUPPORT tab on the menu on the website, and look at the "SD CARD IMAGES" item. read the instructions at top, and then download the file listed below.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS very carefully. It's easy once you have done it once. I have done it 20 times and it really is easier and faster... AND it allows you to put your original SDCARD in a safe place, and simply swap in a factory fresh SDCARD (About $6 on Amazon) with the new code on it

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

anyone know where to order spare stern backbox keys? One of my new pins didnt come with any

Literally had the same thing happen 20 minutes ago. Just used keys from another Stern - not sure if they’re all keyed the same but the 3 Spike ones I have here are. Since they all come with doubles, I’m not going to bother ordering another set.

The Sam games I have are keyed differently to the Spike ones.

#4775 3 years ago

Got my Mezel Mods installed today - tower and Sanctum. Very nice must have improvements. It’s impressive how far 3D printing has come - wasn’t a fan in the past because you could clearly see the ridges and it was obvious it was 3D printed. With these mods it’s very hard to tell.

The one thing I was hesitant about with the Sanctum replacement was losing the downward spot light onto the spinner. And I was correct - it made it very dull and dark in that area, which is disappointing since it’s such an important part of the game:

AF442016-A153-4DD5-ABA2-16E2D4D313EC (resized).jpegAF442016-A153-4DD5-ABA2-16E2D4D313EC (resized).jpeg

So I installed a stand up Spot light on the post to the left of the ramp - was a perfect fit - screwed straight on to the post. Will run the cable back under the ramp and behind the backbox and splice into the same wires as the original spot. Easy and worthwhile mod IMO. After:
6A9ED2B5-73AA-48E4-9A2A-456A89CE65C8 (resized).jpeg6A9ED2B5-73AA-48E4-9A2A-456A89CE65C8 (resized).jpeg

2BD07835-2711-4B90-AF6F-82EF81A87E43 (resized).jpeg2BD07835-2711-4B90-AF6F-82EF81A87E43 (resized).jpeg
#4776 3 years ago

In the new code, they seem to have slowed down all the thanos sounds. Has anyone else noticed this. The scripts aren’t different, but he’s slower and deeper. Not sure if its better. It’s just different.

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got my Mezel Mods installed today - tower and Sanctum. Very nice must have improvements. It’s impressive how far 3D printing has come - wasn’t a fan in the past because you could clearly see the ridges and it was obvious it was 3D printed. With these mods it’s very hard to tell.
The one thing I was hesitant about with the Sanctum replacement was losing the downward spot light onto the spinner. And I was correct - it made it very dull and dark in that area, which is disappointing since it’s such an important part of the game:
[quoted image]
So I installed a stand up Spot light on the post to the left of the ramp - was a perfect fit - screwed straight on to the post. Will run the cable back under the ramp and behind the backbox and splice into the same wires as the original spot. Easy and worthwhile mod IMO. After:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Easy fix for the flasher could be a plastic that sits above the sanctum without blocking the view, it could be designed to look like a portal with the flasher secured inside facing downward at the disc.

Would kinda make sense as a portal since they are so heavily featured in the game at the disc.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Check your other stern games - backbox keys may have the same number from machine to machine.

#4779 3 years ago

cooked71 - where did you get the Spotlight from? I’ve been looking for a solution to that problem after installing my sanctum too.

#4780 3 years ago

In this new code, they seem to have taken all of Thanos' dialog and slowed it down a bit. He kind of sounds drunk.

#4781 3 years ago

Just installed v0.98, disc stayed up also at the first game, but opening and closing the coindoor was enough to solve this.
Unfortunately first game also directly still issues with the disc not registering hits at all. Simply solvable by just opening and closing the coin door, obviously you have to shoot the ball somewhere quickly before opening, after that it doesn't happen anymore.
Seen before here in the forum that it also seems to start mid game, but personally I have only seen it from just after turning on the game.
So in short, switch the pin on, start a game, disc does not register, open coin door, close coin door, disc registering hits again, after that doesn't happen again for days mostly. Not a huge problem but still annoying.

Yes, I did test the disc in the settings, 0/90 and 180 degrees all around level 480, 270 degree position is lower but still 345, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Also tried switching on the machine with the disc in different positions (also the lowest) but could not force the disc to not register.

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

A mod that needs a mod?

#4783 3 years ago

trying to etch the new code onto SD card, downloaded the file, SPK file, opened etcher, found the file and getting a "missing partition table" message, says it's not a bootable image....

I feel like I followed the instructions but I am by no means an expert here. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! banging my head....

#4784 3 years ago

Normally there's something to unzip but nothing to unzip in the file downloaded from stern

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

trying to etch the new code onto SD card, downloaded the file, SPK file, opened etcher, found the file and getting a "missing partition table" message, says it's not a bootable image....
I feel like I followed the instructions but I am by no means an expert here. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! banging my head....

Stern has TWO files, depending on what approach. RAW is for SD CARD writing, SPK is for USB. If you plan to upgrade by writing an SD CARD, then you need to get the SD CARD IMAGE, NOT the SPK file.

On their web menu, right below "GAME CODE", its says SD CARD IMAGE. Use that to get the RAW image file.

#4786 3 years ago

ahhh, i think that makes sense...to clarify, do you go to the "SD Card Images" folder and download that respective file instead of the "Game Code" folder?

Thank you man for the help! This community is awesome

#4787 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

ahhh, i think that makes sense...to clarify, do you go to the "SD Card Images" folder and download that respective file instead of the "Game Code" folder?
Thank you man for the help! This community is awesome

Yes. SD CARD IMAGES if you plan to write an SD CARD and swap the SD CARD on the CPU board in the backbox. (I recommend this approach if you have a way to write SD CARDS from your PC). Simply POWER OFF PINBALL MACHINE first, then open backbox and pop the old SD CARD out and put new one back in.

#4788 3 years ago

Had a couple of BUGS with the new code last night.

One was spitting out two balls for Soul Gem, which never happened before for me. It didn't send out another ball after the first one drained, so no big deal.

The other issue was more of a kick to the nads. I started Reality Gem, then Thor Multiball. I kept it going for a good while and won the gem. Avengers Assembled just as the second ball drained. So now I've got collect gem lit with Soul Gem pending. Hawkeye challenge was also lit, and I nailed the tower shot. The tower caught the ball and the lights went out...the LCD froze and then the game rebooted.

Just an FYI is anyone experiences something similar. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reach Thanos Attacks...but today is another day!

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just curious did you try changing the coils out for LOTR ones?
It might/might not be a design flaw, it might of worked great in keiths game, but like mentioned something might of gotten slightly changed in production and sometimes the smallest variance matters.
My game has about 3 thousand plays now and I just had to bend the CM ramp to the left slightly because no balls were going up at all... literally 0 out 10 clean shots.
Now Its back to 4 out of 5 clean shots making it.
Was thinking about replacing the coils to help it, worked pretty good on Stranger things Tele-lock. I'll look at the fan and plastic solution next.
thanks for suggesting it.

I never switched coils with a different power, just replaced damaged coils with original power.

#4790 3 years ago

Yes. SD CARD IMAGES if you plan to write an SD CARD and swap the SD CARD on the CPU board in the backbox. (I recommend this approach if you have a way to write SD CARDS from your PC). Simply POWER OFF PINBALL MACHINE first, then open backbox and pop the old SD CARD out and put new one back in.

done, it couldn't have been easier to do once I downloaded the right file, lol. Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

cooked71 - where did you get the Spotlight from? I’ve been looking for a solution to that problem after installing my sanctum too.

I had a few of these lying around:
https://www.pinballbulbs.com/products/universal-double-pinball-spotlight-kit
So I just removed one of the cones. Had to extend the wire to reach under the ramp and back through the backboard.

Comet sells single bayonet ones also which look like a good value kit :

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit

The Pinball Bulbs one has a nice thin translucent wire and the actual reflector cone is one piece and metallic black on the outside. The Comet one is just a clip on cone which don’t look as good imo.

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Had a couple of BUGS with the new code last night.
One was spitting out two balls for Soul Gem, which never happened before for me. It didn't send out another ball after the first one drained, so no big deal.
The other issue was more of a kick to the nads. I started Reality Gem, then Thor Multiball. I kept it going for a good while and won the gem. Avengers Assembled just as the second ball drained. So now I've got collect gem lit with Soul Gem pending. Hawkeye challenge was also lit, and I nailed the tower shot. The tower caught the ball and the lights went out...the LCD froze and then the game rebooted.
Just an FYI is anyone experiences something similar. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reach Thanos Attacks...but today is another day!

The same thing just happened to me. I’m not sure that my conditions were exactly the same as yours, but I hit the tower shot and the game froze, then rebooted on its own. I think I had collect gem lit but I’m not 100% sure on that. It was ball lock 2 for IM MB but no Hawkeye challenge.

I’m on .98 code. This has never happened before (I must have over 1000 games on it by now).

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

The same thing just happened to me. I’m not sure that my conditions were exactly the same as yours, but I hit the tower shot and the game froze, then rebooted on its own. I think I had collect gem lit but I’m not 100% sure on that. It was ball lock 2 for IM MB but no Hawkeye challenge.
I’m on .98 code. This has never happened before (I must have over 1000 games on it by now).

You guys should report these to Stern per the code Readme file: email [email protected] to report any software problems.

#4795 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You guys should report these to Stern per the code Readme file: email [email protected] to report any software problems.

Done Thanks for the suggestion!

#4796 3 years ago

Not a fan of Thanos Attacks. Who asked for this? It's already a challenge to collect gems - now I've got to worry about this @$$hole regressing things I've already accomplished in the game? What other pin does that?

What this game needs isn't more challenges, it needs more fun. The game isn't 'fun' - when you want to play a 'fun' game and you've got Deadpool and Maiden next to this one - nobody is picking Avengers (at least not if you've actually played the other two). Great game to sharpen your skills, challenge yourself, and blow off some combos. But way too serious, antagonistic (thanks for the ST:TNG right outlane, Keith), and still lacking fun side-quest type stuff. I hope that changes.

#4797 3 years ago

Yeah Thanos.... screw that guy!

Personally, I welcome his appearance in .98 code. I’d like a bigger pay off for fending him off (although the MB you get is pretty lucrative, points-wise). I’m talking gems or portal locks here...for punching him in the nose.

#4798 3 years ago

Thanos Attack is a cruel, cruel thing. But it is so PERFECTLY thematic that I can't even be all that mad about it! I do think it would balance it nicely if winning meant we got a gem from Thanos.

I would be more upset if losing a gem crippled the game progression, but it doesn't. I can still progress to the final wizard mode even if I do not have ANY of the gems. Really, they are just perks. Sure, losing them is cruel, but Thanos is cruel.

#4799 3 years ago

Yeah, I like the addition of Thanos attacks. (unfortunately I'm working today, but looking forward to many games played the rest of my weekend!)

Only played a couple games since the update and lost Thanos Attacks both times.

Deadpool is definitely more upbeat, but not sure it is funner yet. The music, jokes, etc. make Deadpool very enjoyable. AIQ is definitely more serious. The only "upbeat" part is when an Avenger makes fun of you for an untimely drain.

I like deep games, so AIQ fits the bill, (so does Deadpool!) but additional side modes and further polish are definitely welcome.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanos Attack is a cruel, cruel thing. But it is so PERFECTLY thematic that I can't even be all that mad about it! I do think it would balance it nicely if winning meant we got a gem from Thanos.
I would be more upset if losing a gem crippled the game progression, but it doesn't. I can still progress to the final wizard mode even if I do not have ANY of the gems. Really, they are just perks. Sure, losing them is cruel, but Thanos is cruel.

Couldn’t agree more. You’ve nabbed the soul gem and at least made a play on two other gems...now you have Thanos’ attention! But if he is showing up with gems on his gauntlet that you lost, you ought to snatch one from him if you beat him! Or collect an avenger or something.

...and you’re correct in that losing a gem sucks hard (especially the soul gem) but it doesn’t really delay your progression toward BOM. To me the whole game is based on the struggle for the infinity gems, and it’s fitting that they can change hands throughout the game. Each (good) game is like a different movie or comic book!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
10,250 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
7,899 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/96?hl=shootermcd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.