IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 253.
#4701 3 years ago

I think this is a nice compromise:

- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot

#4702 3 years ago

Have any other LE/Premium owners tried the new code yet?

I'm seeing an issue where my spinning disc never lowers. This was not a problem prior to the code update. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

#4703 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

I think this is a nice compromise:
- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot

Totally

#4704 3 years ago

I've always wondered why the Avengers reset after Soul Gem. Seems unfair that you would be penalized for going into Soul Gem, which is unavoidable. I realize the Power Gem avoids this for one, but I would think that resetting after losing the ball would be enough penalty. Maybe it's unbalanced score wise and needs something like this to make it harder to score, or I'm not thinking of it correctly as to why.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I'm seeing an issue where my spinning disc never lowers. This was not a problem prior to the code update. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Make sure you didn't accidentally install the PRO code.

#4706 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I've always wondered why the Avengers reset after Soul Gem. Seems unfair that you would be penalized for going into Soul Gem, which is unavoidable. I realize the Power Gem avoids this for one, but I would think that resetting after losing the ball would be enough penalty. Maybe it's unbalanced score wise and needs something like this to make it harder to score, or I'm not thinking of it correctly as to why.

You have to re-collect all of the Avengers to enter Black Order Multiball and then again for Battle Royale.

#4707 3 years ago

having issues unzipping this download. anyone else ?

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

having issues unzipping this download. anyone else ?

No need to Unzip... just put the spk file on your thumb drive.

#4709 3 years ago

Looks like a pretty solid update - cant wait to get it installed.

#4710 3 years ago

I’d hold off on updating. Already found some fairly significant bugs. Portal lock counter got messed up first game, counted as 2 on lock 1. Second game had a hard crash exiting Thor and starting IM multiball. Unsure if I can easily reproduce either yet.

#4711 3 years ago

Happy with the code update, but not happy with Stern’s draconian measures to make us accept their nonsensical agreement or stop playing the games we own and paid incredible amounts of money to own. Stern does not own our machines, we do. This is very bad PR on Stern’s part and is very infuriating to say the least. I get they want licensors to be happy, but they’ve crossed the line about making their customers happy.

Stern you can choose the licensor as your preferred customer, but not sure you’ll sell many machines to them. Lol

#4712 3 years ago

the light show is insane! seriously reminds me of a JJP game. absolutely incredible update. really looking forward to seeing this in its complete state.

been seeing some Avengers LEs going up for sale lately, they'll be sorry when the code is done I'm sure.

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

My Prem works as it should with the disk up /down The first game - was able to get 3 portal locks ! Think you down loaded the pro ver .

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

My Prem works as it should with the disk up /down The first game - was able to get 3 portal locks ! Think you down loaded the pro ver .

Good to know. I just double checked the code was indeed le/premium and not pro. I restarted the machine and it seems to work now. Not sure what caused that first blip. Hopefully it was a one-off.

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Had this issue on first game where portal disc was in the up position. Went into diagnostic test and lowered it, started a new game and it’s now fine. I have an LE.

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had this issue on first game where portal disc was in the up position. Went into diagnostic test and lowered it, started a new game and it’s now fine. I have an LE.

Ditto for me. 2nd game forward has been behaving, LE owner....first take - lightshow is getting off the charts!!! Will get some time on it this weekend.....hooray!!! great, great game!!

#4717 3 years ago

So with the few reported glitches, is the consensus here to still load the new update?

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

So with the few reported glitches, is the consensus here to still load the new update?

Looks to be a great update, but I might wait 24hours myself, to see what the trend is, from a stability perspective.

#4719 3 years ago

Thanks Sly- appreciate the input. Looking forward to hearing other owners thoughts on the recent update.

#4720 3 years ago

The first game after the update the portal was up. 2nd game was fine. I assume the node board update had something to do with it. After the first boot you could just turn it off and back on. No other problems found.

#4721 3 years ago

I found a small bug in the .96 version (not the new one) on my LE -- I started Super Ball Saver (I think that's what it's called?), and then shot the ball into the portal lock. Instead of saying the ball was locked, it played the Captain America ball save animation. The ball stayed in the lock and it counted, but the animation was and callout was just wrong. Minor, but there it is.

Is there a bug thread that I'm missing? I know there is one for IMDN, so if there's one for AIQ, I'll post it there instead.

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks Sly- appreciate the input. Looking forward to hearing other owners thoughts on the recent update.

Having said that, rolling back to .95 code is easy enough if you have backed up/kept the .95 download (just put usb with .95 back in the machine and restart pin). So I might not wait afterall

#4723 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I found a small bug in the .96 version (not the new one) on my LE -- I started Super Ball Saver (I think that's what it's called?), and then shot the ball into the portal lock. Instead of saying the ball was locked, it played the Captain America ball save animation. The ball stayed in the lock and it counted, but the animation was and callout was just wrong. Minor, but there it is.
Is there a bug thread that I'm missing? I know there is one for IMDN, so if there's one for AIQ, I'll post it there instead.

.96? have I missed an update or two then, lol, thought I was paying attention to AIQ updates...for me it has gone from .95 to .98

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

You most likely installed Pro code. This has happened to others in the past.

#4725 3 years ago

So- how is the LE code different from the Prem . code ?

#4726 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So- how is the LE code different from the Prem . code ?

On startup there is a splash screen that says what LE number your machine is...other than that I can't imagine anything being different. Not sure that one detail warrants separate code bases but it might just be down to good coding practice...

#4727 3 years ago

Didn’t want this machine ... then I played it this week on location. Will be grabbing a Premium!! Damn you Elwin! It will go well next to Maiden and JP!

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

.96? have I missed an update or two then, lol, thought I was paying attention to AIQ updates...for me it has gone from .95 to .98

Sorry, meant .95!

#4729 3 years ago

Am i the only to dislike this code and its new punishing modes?
Only have one game, but loosing gems to Thanos attack or black order mb did not seem like fun additions, at all.
I was hoping Thanos attack to be a kind of gappa angry, but no, it's just an unavoidable way to make points, slow your progression and loose a gem (and a ball) apparently.
I will try to beat it, but 1st impression is not great

#4730 3 years ago

I updated to .98 tonight. The disc stayed up at first but I just power cycled and all is good. No other issues.

Thanos Attacks changes the game significantly. My first impression is that I like it...Thanos makes a welcome appearance and the stakes are high, with one of your gems in jeopardy. The payoff for fending off Thanos is a 3 ball multiball that is lucrative point-wise (works like victory laps it appears) but does not advance you in the game. The points are substantial (I got 62M) but It would be nice to get a portal lock or something out of the deal.

3 cheers for the readjustments to the combo map! I was missing the Bw-to-BP combo.

I haven’t made BOM in .98 but I see there are added elements there too. The honeymoon is long with this one!

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Am i the only to dislike this code and its new punishing modes?
Only have one game, but loosing gems to Thanos attack or black order mb did not seem like fun additions, at all.
I was hoping Thanos attack to be a kind of gappa angry, but no, it's just an unavoidable way to make points, slow your progression and loose a gem (and a ball) apparently.
I will try to beat it, but 1st impression is not great

Havent played the new code yet, but getting gems is hard enough on my game....to have one stolen would severely suck.

If anything I need a chance to be given a "free" gem, not to have one stolen.

#4732 3 years ago

My update (I did full update & verify) went smooth and my disk raised and lowered fine afterward.

Only had time for a couple of games and that bastard Thanos stole my Soul gem and then my Power gem the next game!

I like the added complexity though! Add's more strategy as it looks like you can "choose" which gem you wager and battle for. I've been in the 0.95 code where you were basically "done" other than Trophy Mania, so this is quite welcome!

I especially like that you can earn another attempt at the Soul gem. Seems scoring should be a little higher now as well. Looking forward to making some runs at going deep in the code this weekend!

#4733 3 years ago

One of the best and most subtle software changes is (.98), now the software is raising the teeth in the subway right at the first and catching the ball to keep it hugging the top of the subway and it can actually be seen through the window advancing through to the Antman portal. That is very cool indeed! Prior software, allowed the ball to only stay at the bottom and was not seen unless you lean somewhat forward to see it, which negated the cool effect of seeing the ball advance through the Dr. Strange portal tunnel. Awesome what software can do to fix mechanical issues! Thanks software team!

#4734 3 years ago

My 2 cents

Love the new Thanos modes. This fight just got real.

Love the Graphics.

It would be nice if some of the characters voices were more distinct from each other. I don't think they are bad on their own. It just took a little while to figure out who's talking. I always pictured Dr. Strange as sounding a bit aloof.

Someone posted about having the main screen when not in a mode changed from the trophy room. Maybe having the drops grid awards visible there instead of having to go to into the info menus. That would be cool. Maybe have Vision sitting at the computer with the grid showing or something.

All in all I'm very grateful for this amazing game, it keeps getting even better.

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Myself and a few others have seen this (though not too often and inconsistent for me so far). I have the PDF for the adjustment procedure someone emailed to me, not sure how to post it publicly though.[quoted image]

So my protection ring is level but the actual disk is higher on one side. Any hints how to level that out. I have the Pro. It registers all the hits ok but launches the ball like a sweet bmx ramp hahah.

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

One of the best and most subtle software changes is (.98), now the software is raising the teeth in the subway right at the first and catching the ball to keep it hugging the top of the subway and it can actually be seen through the window advancing through to the Antman portal. That is very cool indeed! Prior software, allowed the ball to only stay at the bottom and was not seen unless you lean somewhat forward to see it, which negated the cool effect of seeing the ball advance through the Dr. Strange portal tunnel. Awesome what software can do to fix mechanical issues! Thanks software team!

If you really want to make the subway pop, get something like mirror blade material and cut it to fit the back of the subway, reflects the light and balls so you can see even more!

#4737 3 years ago

Well .98 just made one of Sterns best, possibly Sterns best imo, even better, even attract mode has a cool little light show now but the highlight having thanos not only as the wizard but now as a mini wizard mode which is actually a great mode!

Shoot a gem you wish to defend and fight thanos off brilliant! And the callouts from thanos as soon as the mode is qualified and ready are great!

2C82A277-942A-49C6-ADBA-C871DB4DCFEE (resized).jpeg2C82A277-942A-49C6-ADBA-C871DB4DCFEE (resized).jpeg
#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

So my protection ring is level but the actual disk is higher on one side. Any hints how to level that out. I have the Pro. It registers all the hits ok but launches the ball like a sweet bmx ramp hahah.

I checked with my distributor and they have Stern sending me a kit to fix. I'm assuming it's the bushing kit in the saved posts up top even though I have a pro instead of a premium. I'll post on here when I get it. That ball from the upper flipper does some crazy things hitting that disc.

#4739 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I checked with my distributor and they have Stern sending me a kit to fix. I'm assuming it's the bushing kit in the saved posts up top even though I have a pro instead of a premium. I'll post on here when I get it. That ball from the upper flipper does some crazy things hitting that disc.

Awesome! I'll check with mine too.

#4740 3 years ago

Does downloading new code/sd images take forever for everyone else? I guess they spent all their excess budget on lawyers for the new EULA instead of upgrading their internet service.

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you really want to make the subway pop, get something like mirror blade material and cut it to fit the back of the subway, reflects the light and balls so you can see even more!

I was just thinking that a mirror blade mod for the subway would be awesome.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Does downloading new code/sd images take forever for everyone else? I guess they spent all their excess budget on lawyers for the new EULA instead of upgrading their internet service.

I’ve never tried downloading the SD card, but it usually takes about 10-15 minutes to download new code from the stern site, and close to the same amount of time to update the machine. I have very few data points, but this has been my experience...

Yeah....What’s the deal with that new EULA? It seems to have started since LZ was released but maybe that’s just a coincidence?

#4743 3 years ago

My Prem. took 45 min. to down load ! Thought maybe because 100 others were down loading at the same time ?

#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I added an additional (3) RGB lights... joined into the (3) that are originally there for much brighter lighting effects!

#4745 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I downloaded last night after 8 p.m. and it downloaded within a few minutes. I didn’t watch the pot boil, but it was fairly quick.

#4746 3 years ago

In Thanos attack it should (if it does not already) reward you for defeating Thanos by giving you one of the gems he has if you had already lost some to him earlier

#4747 3 years ago

Only "issue" I've seen so far with 0.98 is that you can enter your initials for Thanos Attacks high score, but it doesn't seem that the Thanos Attacks score is ever shown with the other high scores. Maybe I just missed it, but I ran through all of the leaderboard scores a couple times?

#4748 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I’ve never tried downloading the SD card, but it usually takes about 10-15 minutes to download new code from the stern site, and close to the same amount of time to update the machine. I have very few data points, but this has been my experience...
Yeah....What’s the deal with that new EULA? It seems to have started since LZ was released but maybe that’s just a coincidence?

I believe Stern is tightening up their usage agreement which was previously implied or was written in their docs which nobody reads. I am sure it is related to complying with the licensing fees THEY pay to IP holders (like Marvel), in the era where tools like Pinball Browser are making it easy to swap IP and potentially infridge on THE license Stern has with IP holders. The new EULA seems to be their effort to enforce what licensed property they pass to the consumer/buyer of machines. Stern pays Marvel for certain property under license, and it is fair for Marvel to require Stern to enforce compliance.

That said, it's a very awkward area, since it involves personal use versus commercial use, as well as how the rights to various content transfers from Marvel to Stern to Buyer. In the end, nobody wants to illegally infringe on intellectual property rights as it stifels innovation...

#4749 3 years ago

The EULA is more for Stern than it is for us, they have to be seen taking every step they can to protect the IPs they are getting access to use, anyone licensing something is supposed to protect and report any unfair use/modifying or distributing of said content.

#4750 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

In Thanos attack it should (if it does not already) reward you for defeating Thanos by giving you one of the gems he has if you had already lost some to him earlier

Now that’s a great idea! Would add another layer of depth to the mode and the game. Love the Thanos attack mode, gives me something else I can achieve.

Played it twice today and thought it was a fantastic addition thanks Keith/Ray & co, now could you add the above idea if it’s not already there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/95?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.