04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 255.
#4601 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Stuck ball a problem? Grab one of these from Mezel mods, went up on their site 2 days ago. Fits perfectly and easy to install.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bending the guide in towards the bumper works a treat and keeps the factory look.

#4602 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

100% agree with you there it’s missing it’s personality.

I’ve been screwing around with Pinball Browser and exploring the videos and callouts. The callouts are 95% Thanos and Dr Strange. And they are really boring. There are so many great quotes from the, what 20 movies. I’ve made a few simple replacements and it makes a big difference in my opinion...

#4603 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’ve been screwing around with Pinball Browser and exploring the videos and callouts. The callouts are 95% Thanos and Dr Strange. And they are really boring. There are so many great quotes from the, what 20 movies. I’ve made a few simple replacements and it makes a big difference in my opinion...

Adding in the Repulser SFX to Ironman multiball make a HUGE difference totally changes the mode with that recognisable SFX, also Led Zep for Thor multiball is another game changer!

#4604 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bending the guide in towards the bumper works a treat and keeps the factory look.

If your not comfortable cranking on your ball guide grab a pinball edu protector from Mezel mods!!

#4605 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Adding in the Repulser SFX to Ironman multiball make a HUGE difference totally changes the mode with that recognisable SFX, also Led Zep for Thor multiball is another game changer!

Yes. Amped up Thor MB with LZ and videos from the opening Ragnarok battle scene. I know its obvious but makes a huge difference.

#4606 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Stuck ball a problem? Grab one of these from Mezel mods, went up on their site 2 days ago. Fits perfectly and easy to install.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are pinball hang up gold. Stick one to the back of the guide rail.

20210124_095822 (resized).jpg20210124_095822 (resized).jpg
#4607 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I played 2 games on this and yeah that seems spot on. It also sounds like one voice dude tried to do all the voices aside from Black Widow. There's not enough to differentiate (except Hulk).

This shoots way way different from anything I've played. I've heard it's an "easy shooter" but to me, it felt like it'd take a while to dial in shots because the layout is so unconventional.

#4608 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Yes. Amped up Thor MB with LZ and videos from the opening Ragnarok battle scene. I know its obvious but makes a huge difference.

Add Jarvis/Vision to the drops brings that character into play a lot more.

Also curious if we will see Adam Warlock in a mode, having him so present on the playfield but nowhere in the code of the game seems odd at present.

#4609 3 years ago

What does everyone use for their upper flipper? I swapped out the bottom flipper rubbers for Titan silicone. I have the same on the upper flipper but it’s clearly not going to last long. Would love an option other than the factory black rubber. Cheers!

#4610 3 years ago

Installed a Deluxe Speaker Light Kit on my AIQ Premium. First machine I've tried this on... I like it!

Trying a few different settings out.

#4611 3 years ago

I implemented the plexi glass solution to my captain marvel ramp. I used a new razor blade to cut a piece to 1” x 2.33" and double sided tape to sucure to the ramp. The top of the "lexan" is braced by the inside of the inside wire form. I have about 1k games played on my premium and would guess that I make about 30% of what I feel are solid shots at the ramp. I decided to trial this fix for the next few weeks. If you interested in my initial impression check out my short stream on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/citizen_marz_iv/v/885641429?sr=a&t=47s

#4612 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

I implemented the plexi glass solution to my captain marvel ramp. I used a new razor blade to cut a piece to 1” x 2.33" and double sided tape to sucure to the ramp. The top of the "lexan" is braced by the inside of the inside wire form. I have about 1k games played on my premium and would guess that I make about 30% of what I feel are solid shots at the ramp. I decided to trial this fix for the next few weeks. If you interested in my initial impression check out my short stream on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/citizen_marz_iv/v/885641429?sr=a&t=47s

Each machine is certainly a bit different. I've been thinking about trying this solution as well, but I went a simpler option and cleaned and waxed my table. Hitting notably more CM ramp shots even since...

#4613 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I agree here - neither one is really that much fun (although I do LOVE the light show for Iron Man!), especially when comparing it to multiballs on Metallica, for example. Hopefully it gets better.
That said, I still love this game!

Thor multiball needs that Led Zeppelin song from Thor Ragnorak. Needs energy. And iron man multiball needs his theme song. This game is a music and callout bore.

#4614 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I’d love to give this a whirl. Gimme gimme.

#4615 3 years ago

IM and Thor multiball are not fun. In fact, it really pisses me off if I start either one on it’s own before being able to start a gem quest. I’ve been known, out of frustration to start over at that point.

#4616 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

IM and Thor multiball are not fun. In fact, it really pisses me off if I start either one on it’s own before being able to start a gem quest. I’ve been known, out of frustration to start over at that point.

My thoughts exactly...although I now use the MBs to practice hitting shots under fire...still irks me no end though.

#4617 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It keeps track of what you've earned across games. Whatever game you manage to get them all lit in will get a special topper-only multiball.

Anyone know if there is a way to reset the topper to get back to no gems earned? I got mine from someone who had already earned 4 of the 6.
Thanks!

20210123_203454 (resized).jpg20210123_203454 (resized).jpg
#4618 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone know if there is a way to reset the topper to get back to no gems earned? I got mine from someone who had already earned 4 of the 6.
Thanks![quoted image]

The most fun way would probably be to collect the 2 remaining gems and play the multi-ball, then it will reset to zero.

#4619 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

What does everyone use for their upper flipper? I swapped out the bottom flipper rubbers for Titan silicone. I have the same on the upper flipper but it’s clearly not going to last long. Would love an option other than the factory black rubber. Cheers!

After blowing through 2 titan rings on the upper flipper, I replaced it with a super band. So far so good; the stickiness of the super band is not an issue for the upper flipper.

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

After blowing through 2 titan rings on the upper flipper, I replaced it with a super band. So far so good; the stickiness of the super band is not an issue for the upper flipper.

I haven't seen those - you mind pointing me toward where I can pick one up! Thanks!

#4621 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks![quoted image]

Win the other two gems?

#4622 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I haven't seen those - you mind pointing me toward where I can pick one up! Thanks!

https://cointaker.com/products/super-band-standard-flipper-ring

#4623 3 years ago

I'm curious whether my subway fingers act the same as everyone else's, or whether mine need some work.

When a ball is resting on the 1st or 3rd finger and the finger mech fires, the balls move smoothly through the subway. However, when a ball is resting on the 2nd finger and the mech fires, the ball goes jumping in the air. It usually still ends up where it's supposed to, but occasionally it will jump back up to the 1st finger.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#4624 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am working on custom 3D/Lenticular instruction cards for this game, and have the 3D side finished, but am struggling coming up with a decent instruction card that mixes in the really basic stuff that comes from the factory card, with some of the more complex rules found in the rulesheet. I am looking for thoughts on 2-4 things you think would be helpful to have on the instruction card that aren't there currently.
I don't have access to the game, but have others that do, so I am only able to work from the artwork side of things, and not the dynamics of the gameplay.

Ended up just leaving the factory rules on the card-

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Ended up just leaving the factory rules on the card-

THAT IS COOL!!!

#4626 3 years ago

Thanks! I have made them available if anyone is interested.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04775-avengers-infinity-quest-lenticular-apron-cards

The 3D side is actually cooler than the Flip Side (in my opinion), but is not able to be captured accurately via camera.
Here is a simulation of what you see(movement is made to show the layers)-
AvengersIQ.gifAvengersIQ.gif

#4627 3 years ago

Have a down payment in for a premium but debating switching to a pro. The only thing I think I will miss is the vertical ramp. Any chance Stern will have the subway / disc / ramp fix in place when the premiums go back on the line? (although the ramp isn't really acknowledged is it?)

#4628 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Have a down payment in for a premium but debating switching to a pro. The only thing I think I will miss is the vertical ramp. Any chance Stern will have the subway / disc / ramp fix in place when the premiums go back on the line? (although the ramp isn't really acknowledged is it?)

I would assume that, since Stern is sending out replacement parts for the subway and the disk, that they will apply those at the factory - why wouldn't they? I don't think the CM ramp is that bad - and as others have noted, it's remarkably better once you spray some Novus 1 and clean the playfield area which takes only a couple of minutes every so often. I couldn't imagine playing this game without the portal (and associated light show, although I don't know how they do the portal lock/gem quest with the Pro), and the CM ramp is such a rush. I also really like the Ant-Man VUK to the flipper.

#4629 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Vertical ramp is awesome and the subway puts the ball out on the right ramp vs just hit the mystery and rolling out to the playfield. Those two things are big in my opinion. I might sell my le to make room for lz le but in the summer I’ll get a premium aiq again once on the line

#4630 3 years ago

Just had a great game (well at least for me). Collected 3 gems and the soul gem. Did not get the soul gem awarded although it said at the end of the game soul gem champ with 55 flips left.

What I would like that when you select what gem to play the topper shows with flashing what are you selecting.

Love this game!

7661D148-B5FE-4A4A-AC26-BD903AA590A0 (resized).jpeg7661D148-B5FE-4A4A-AC26-BD903AA590A0 (resized).jpeg
#4631 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Installed a Deluxe Speaker Light Kit on my AIQ Premium. First machine I've tried this on... I like it!
Trying a few different settings out.

As did I on my pro

PXL_20210124_152851266.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210124_152851266.MP (resized).jpg
#4632 3 years ago

O dang

20210125_203343 (resized).jpg20210125_203343 (resized).jpg20210125_203356 (resized).jpg20210125_203356 (resized).jpg
#4633 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I bought a pro to do mods for, but if I was keeping one, I'd DEFINITELY want the Premium for Avengers.

#4634 3 years ago

Anyone having issues with their Auto Launch assembly getting weak during a game? I have maybe 750 games on my pro. When I get a couple of games in and I hit a multi ball it can only shoot the balls to the bottom of the ramp by Cap. Wondering if I need to replace the Diode already? Seems pretty early to have something like this wear out so quickly.

#4635 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Anyone having issues with their Auto Launch assembly getting weak during a game? I have maybe 750 games on my pro. When I get a couple of games in and I hit a multi ball it can only shoot the balls to the bottom of the ramp by Cap. Wondering if I need to replace the Diode already? Seems pretty early to have something like this wear out so quickly.

Mine is funny - seems to come and go in terms of ability to make the whole loop...

#4636 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Thanks![quoted image]

They aren’t from the previous machine they are on your machine when you put the topper on. You have to get the last two and it will reset.

#4637 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Mine is funny - seems to come and go in terms of ability to make the whole loop...

Mine is hit and miss as well, I usually try to manually plunge whenever I can.

#4638 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Do you think an old Credit Card (or similar size plastic card) would work, I might try this approach temporarily over the weekend?

Just reporting back on my quick and easy proof of concept credit card solution. I actually used a spare plastic luggage tag cut to size, super easy with a small loop of duct tape...hasn't made a noticeable difference as mine still rejects more than it doesn't (it seems initially anyway), but I'll give it more time to see how it trends. I think adjusting the pitch from 6.8 to 6.6 made more of an overall difference and managed to get 3 gems and black order mb for the first time today...

20210126_165356 (resized).jpg20210126_165356 (resized).jpg20210126_165424 (resized).jpg20210126_165424 (resized).jpg20210126_165446 (resized).jpg20210126_165446 (resized).jpg
#4639 3 years ago

Here is a simple custom mod I did; I think it turned out pretty good!

IMG_0810 (resized).jpgIMG_0810 (resized).jpgIMG_0846 (resized).jpgIMG_0846 (resized).jpg
#4640 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Mine is hit and miss as well, I usually try to manually plunge whenever I can.

As a data point my (LE) auto launcher makes it 99% of the time...and that was out of the box. Manually it struggles and it came with the orange spring installed...

#4641 3 years ago

yeah, my manual plunger is weaker than the auto for sure.

#4642 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I had a similar problem with my Jurassic park once. The power from the auto launch got really weak. I pushed & wiggled on all the wiring connections from the auto launch coil to the board. Something must have been a bit loose and causing the problem because after I did that the launch power returned back to normal and it's been fine ever since. It had been like yours for a couple days where I'd play a few games and it was fine but then it would start to get weaker.

#4643 3 years ago

Just reporting back on my quick and easy proof of concept credit card solution. I actually used a spare plastic luggage tag cut to size, super easy with a small loop of duct tape...hasn't made a noticeable difference as mine still rejects more than it doesn't (it seems initially anyway), but I'll give it more time to see how it trends. I think adjusting the pitch from 6.8 to 6.6 made more of an overall difference and managed to get 3 gems and black order mb for the first time today...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get what you put into it.
Im not surprised that that "loop of duct tape" isnt making a difference for you.

#4644 3 years ago

Fwiw my auto plunge in only about 50% on a good day. Still something i plan to look into. Ive noticed most videos ive watched also suffer from the weak or misaligned autoplunge to the pops.
This gets really annoying when you are banking on it serving to your right flipper. For me its most irritating during a Soul gem drain.

#4645 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You get what you put into it.
Im not surprised that that "loop of duct tape" isnt making a difference for you.

What! It's a piece of plastic and it hasn't moved in 50-60 games so the duct tape loop is doing fine thanks. As others have observed it still takes a good shot...there is no hole to fall out of (as I said, the POC is solid).

#4646 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

. I unbolted the walk lock assembly from the subway and changed the setting to pass through. I personally prefer the gameplay this way. Stern has a leveling kit for the disc. I think my ramp shoots as intended. I'd play both, if you can, before making that decision. Otherwise, stick with the premium

#4647 3 years ago

What! It's a piece of plastic and it hasn't moved in 50-60 games so the duct tape loop is doing fine thanks. As others have observed it still takes a good shot...there is no hole to fall out of (as I said, the POC is solid).

Take a slow motion video and ill wager that the movement a loop of tape would give the plastic would also absorb some of the ball's momentum and possibly even still hit the left wireform. Something more rigid would probably do a better job imo.

#4648 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

. I unbolted the walk lock assembly from the subway and changed the setting to pass through. I personally prefer the gameplay this way. Stern has a leveling kit for the disc. I think my ramp shoots as intended. I'd play both, if you can, before making that decision. Otherwise, stick with the premium

What changes if you set the game to pass through? I just unbolted the subway and didn't change anything in the settings, all works fine and it is way faster, you can even skip the animation. Subway locks are launched when starting a mode like they should. Soul Gem isn't started with 2 balls anymore after ball search because of the balls not detected in the subway. Way better, I'll put it back if I'll sell it one day.

#4649 3 years ago

As a data point my (LE) auto launcher makes it 99% of the time...and that was out of the box. Manually it struggles and it came with the orange spring installed...

Most of the issue with all new Sterns is the shooter rod length. If you look down where the ball rests against the auto launcher, the plunger most of the the time is up to 1/4" behind the auto plunger. Ideally it should be just a hair behind it so that the ball rests against the auto launcher. This gives you more control over your plunges. With it being so far back, the shooter rod now has to go beyond its normal resting place quite a bit to strike the ball. This makes your manual plunge very weak sometimes. I have installed aftermarket shafts on my sterns, if they are a bit long it is easier to space them back and get the distance correct.

#4650 3 years ago

I decided to try the Captain Marvel ramp improvement mod. Bought some double sided tape and red reflectors from Lowe’s. I used some garage scissors to rough cut the reflector. I had to cut the sides and a bit of the lower back edge to get it to fit right. I sanded off the rough edges a bit. I could have done a cleaner job but this looks good enough when not under scrutiny. For symmetry, I cut a piece for the other side (it doesn’t do anything) and from the front it looks like captain marvel red laser-speed end-trails.

I haven’t put enough plays on it yet since to say for sure, but no-kidding my first few games I am getting way less, almost no, ball rejects from the ramp!? I don’t know what magic this is.

8075407C-F248-4081-8621-B8E86E4920BD (resized).jpeg8075407C-F248-4081-8621-B8E86E4920BD (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,924 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,250 (OBO)
10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/93?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.