04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 255.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Interested to know how this works out. I mean your comparison between the two.

Its coming today so well see. Deadpool was my first pin. I love it(my god Zy art on that one). But Ive played it to death! I have Avengers coming so I planned on waiting to see what was coming out next year before moving DP, but the opportunity came up. If I didnt move it I wouldve had the ZY holy trinity in DP, TMNT, and Avengers. So for now my line up will be SW comic premium, Wonka, TMNT LE, with Avengers Premium coming.(and thats all the space the wife will let me have)

I doubt Ill end up like Wonka as much as deadpool overall, but it was time for something new.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Deadpool has a lot of similarities to the original avengers game in it's shots. (When looking at prem/le)
The left orbit to a diverter shot is similar, the katana shot from right to left with a 90 degree is similar to the black widow shot.
Not the same at all, but more closely related than aiq
Did Greg mean that one? I haven't watched that review.

No he meant AIQ. And as someone said earlier I think he may have meant code. The whole battle thing in the code. The shots look nothing alike to me.

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im trying to figure out why Greg thinks avengers is so similar to deadpool.

The only similarity is comic Zombie Yeti art. The layout and rules are completely different. Like different universe level of different.

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The only similarity is comic Zombie Yeti art. The layout and rules are completely different. Like different universe level of different.

Yea thats what i was thinking but the "battle" code seems similar too. The 3 ZY games Ive owned(well soon with AIQ) have similar art setups with the characters all drawn together down by the flippers. DP has the enemies down there, TMNT has that as well, AIQ looks similar.

They all look amazing yet a bit similar. ZY is the master and it doesnt get old to me.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I wouldve had the ZY holy trinity in DP, TMNT, and Avengers.

Ghostbusters
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
TMNT
Avengers

Id consider Maiden, Deadpool and Avengers my ZY trinity. Tmnt is beatiful but the gameplay hasnt clicked with me (yet)

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ghostbusters
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
TMNT
Avengers
Id consider Maiden, Deadpool and Avengers my ZY trinity. Tmnt is beatiful but the gameplay hasnt clicked with me (yet)

You forgot the Primus

No Avengers located in Germany yet

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ghostbusters
Iron Maiden
Deadpool
TMNT
Avengers

Quoted from Eulenstein:

You forgot the Primus
No Avengers located in Germany yet

and Magic Girl

#408 3 years ago

yea ghostbusters is probably the prettiest of his art. Heck even Raza looks amazing to me with the art we have seen. I dont like the theme of IM at all. I know hes done more than those 3 but to me that would be my 3!

TMNT is georgeous, but I dont know if Im keeping it long term yet. Game is very hard and brutal, but I enjoy it quite a bit.

#409 3 years ago

When it comes to art Deadpool, TMNT and AIQ are the ZY Trinity for me. Sold my TMNTLE to my mate as I just wasn’t enjoying the game and my son couldn’t make a single shot on the thing may get another at some point but between TMNT and AIQ it’s avengers all day everyday.

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How much in NZ shekels?

18.5K for LEs now.

#411 3 years ago

Keith Elwin is the new GOAT for pinball design. Steve Ritchie is still amazing but Elwins games are packed with creative shots that feel great. So many ramps and side flipper shots and just everything is awesome. Can’t wait until COVID is over and I can pump tokens into avengers.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 for trent and Tilt!

I second this! Ordered and paid up for my premium already.... will ship directly to me from stern SOON! Only distro I'll be using from now on for all other Elwin titles!

#413 3 years ago

Good God I hope someone gets their AIQ LE soon ! Because right now this thred is B-O-R-I-N-G !

#414 3 years ago

I have my Premium on order! I was able to get in a bit earlier but sounds like I’ll be in the second run. In the meantime, I’d like to learn about the Infinity Quest storyline. However, comics were a thing I unfortunately didn’t pick up as a kid so I have no idea where to start. Googling doesn’t seem to point me in the right direction (or it does and I just have no idea what I’m doing). I’d love to pick up the comics that go through this story arc. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

I have my Premium on order! I was able to get in a bit earlier but sounds like I’ll be in the second run. In the meantime, I’d like to learn about the Infinity Quest storyline. However, comics were a thing I unfortunately didn’t pick up as a kid so I have no idea where to start. Googling doesn’t seem to point me in the right direction (or it does and I just have no idea what I’m doing). I’d love to pick up the comics that go through this story arc. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Infinity Gauntlet (1991) and Infinity (2013) are IMHO the source of inspiration of this pinball machine.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

I have my Premium on order! I was able to get in a bit earlier but sounds like I’ll be in the second run.

Not surprising but on the bright side maybe you’ve done well to be in the second run, I was shocked when ZMeny said premiums are selling 5 to 1 over Pros, must be selling these things faster than they can make them.

#417 3 years ago

Excited to get LE’s in Oz, but we won’t get them till November.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

(and thats all the space the wife will let me have)

Yep...when we had 5 and then the 6th came and we had to start getting a bit creative. Now with a 7th on the way I know I’ve finally won the little lady over when she said...”we could convert the master bedroom into a pinball arcade”...now...I wouldn’t even let that happen, so, it’s just good to know that she’s cool with anything!

#419 3 years ago

Will this be the week we get our delivery calls?

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

I got the last one from Hemisphere Amusements. While I did pay a bit extra, it wasn't obscene. I just wish I knew how to get on the "list" for these...

I almost pulled the trigger on that one, and would have if I wasn’t able to snag a first run premium spot. I already had a deposit down with another distributor, but that was for a second run early 2021. Gotta cancel that now.

#421 3 years ago

So will Stan Lee be hidden in the art or screen any place ? That would have been a great tribute to that amazing man ! He loved to do the "cameos" and I always looked forward to seeing him in one .

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Will this be the week we get our delivery calls?

I'll bet the calls start coming in this week. Delivery?? Thats another story, but maybe.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'll bet the calls start coming in this week. Delivery?? Thats another story, but maybe.

For my Jurassic Park they called to schedule delivery for the next day - sure hoping its the same!

#424 3 years ago

I was wondering how the disc direction arrows would come into play. After a quick scan of the rules doc. It seems that this has been implemented for at least two modes. The super disc mode, and the final battle against Thanos. With all three flippers in play. Getting that disc to spin how you want it should be fun.

Also, I'm really liking the alternate start option were you play a challenge mode instead of a regular game. It'd be great if there were two or three challenge modes to choose from. I think this would be even better than co-op. I know, I'm asking for a lot. Just dreaming here...

#425 3 years ago

post broke off in two days.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#426 3 years ago

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

[quoted image]

Broke off or unscrewed and fell out? Where did you take the picture?

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks like it unscrewed to me, but I'm not the one taking the picture.

#429 3 years ago

Looks like the fastener came loose. Reinstall with a little blue locktite. No big deal.

#430 3 years ago

Looks like it unscrewed to me, but I'm not the one taking the picture.

I think it looks like it unscrewed also, and I don't think he/she is the one who saw it and took the picture either. Just another example of someone spreading other people's pictures around and saying something happened without having any 1st hand information to know if that's actually what happened.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like the fastener came loose. Reinstall with a little blue locktite. No big deal.

Yup, could be another case like the JP upper flipper post, where a nylock nut and some blue loctite fixes the problem.

#432 3 years ago

I printed out the rule sheet, it’s 25 damn pages!

#433 3 years ago

Looks like a good time to replace it with a little rubber Dr. Strange figure .

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I printed out the rule sheet, it’s 25 damn pages!

I also plan on printing it out. I'd love to have a rule book for all my games, just like the shop manual.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I didn’t take picture. It’s from someone on location out west.

#436 3 years ago

I didn’t take picture. It’s from someone on location out west.

By all means, freak people out without knowing any details.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

By all means, freak people out without knowing any details.

Seriously, and even if it is worst case scenario it's just a broken post. Not much different or serious than replacing a coil stop.

It's always baffling to me why people feel the need to see someone else's story and start spreading it around like it's their own story to tell. Especially without having any real knowledge of what the facts of the situation are.

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Seriously, and even if it is worst case scenario it's just a broken post. Not much different or serious than replacing a coil stop.
It's always baffling to me why people feel the need to see someone else's story and start spreading it around like it's their own story to tell. Especially without having any real knowledge of what the facts of the situation are.

Nothing new from him. Did similar things on the tmnt owners thread with their quality issues. I guess he thinks we will all change our minds on these pins if he bashes them enough. It didn’t go over well on the tmnt thread either

#439 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Well that decides it .... I am cancelling my nib order.

I'm also selling my whole collection.

This is too much for me to continue in the hobby.

In fact, I'm quitting my job, selling my house, divorcing my family and living in the woods.

Thanks for the heads up. I wish everyone luck.

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

In fact, I'm quitting my job, selling my house, divorcing my family and living in the woods.

Seems like a much simpler solution than to actually thread the post back into the nut that sits below the playfield!
We shouldn't have to be engineers to enjoy pinball!!! /s

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Cut the trees down in the woods so they dont fall on you.

#442 3 years ago

The context may not have been the best-but I appreciate seeing the photo.
Doesnt hurt to be aware of these things.

#443 3 years ago

So I see now on the forum where the picture was originally posted that the person who actually took the picture and saw what happened posted facts about it.

The post unscrewed. Looks like a little dab of blue Loctite is all that's needed.

I'm SOOOOOO not surprised that this 1st hand account is very different from what was posted in this forum by someone who felt the need to try to re-tell someone else's story without having taken the picture and without knowing what really happened.

Just wanted to point out the follow up post here since people who like to say stuff without really knowing facts don't usually go back to clear it up and acknowledge they were wrong.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern/page/131#post-5875417

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

The context may not have been the best-but I appreciate seeing the photo.
Doesnt hurt to be aware of these things.

Absolutely it's good to share information about your experiences so others can be aware. And the follow up post in the other forum was a straightforward and reasonable post explaining what happened. Definitely good to be aware we might need Loctite on the spinner post.

But the person who posted here didn't know jack about shit and essentially was getting some twisted amusement by trying to pull a fire alarm about it anyway.

#445 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That’s by design! Elwin likes to keep us collectors on our toes with his signature self loosening posts

No biggie same as JPs post, refit add washer and nut under playfield problem solved.

#446 3 years ago

So, note to self: while replacing the stock rubbers with Titans, remember to remove the Dr.Strange mech nut, replace the rubber there, and add a drop of blue loctite before replacing the nut. Hopefully it's as simple as that. No big deal.

#447 3 years ago

So, note to self: while replacing the stock rubbers with Titans, remember to remove the Dr.Strange mech nut, replace the rubber there, and add a drop of blue loctite before replacing the nut. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

Show us how its done! First owner takes the pics!!

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Show us how its done! First owner takes the pics!!

Still waiting on "the call", but deal, I'll do it!

#449 3 years ago

Had a chance to play the pro this past weekend and had a blast. Played about 5 games on it and was sold instantly.

Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti are Stern’s best assents right now. Just put them on all future projects together

C102997D-7969-4DCA-AA2D-6FB9579A8D89 (resized).jpegC102997D-7969-4DCA-AA2D-6FB9579A8D89 (resized).jpeg
#450 3 years ago

So, note to self: while replacing the stock rubbers with Titans, remember to remove the Dr.Strange mech nut, replace the rubber there, and add a drop of blue loctite before replacing the nut. Hopefully it's as simple as that.

I doubt it’s even an issue, I’ve noticed on a lot of recent Sterns NIB a lot of parts are just not tightened up. I doubt this is another stranger things post issue, stick a nut on it under the playfield problem likely solved.

This post is going to take a battering especially hitting it off the upper flipper from an orbit shot tonne of speed off that.

Clearcoat chipping and art lifting I won’t accept but stuff like this happens and if it is an issue I’m sure there will be a fix from Stern, I just can’t see this being a stranger things design balls up type of issue, fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.