IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 253.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I’ve been playing my LE daily since it came and have been totally happy with the game. That being said....I bought a TMNT pro today and it is way more...fun and full of energy.
It’s the music. It’s the villian voices.
Avengers has been shots. Better variety of modes. more unique flow. Better story goals.
Stern if your listening...music this pin up.

Feel the same about what you're saying. AIQ has an amazing layout, rules (that will only get better once it's fleshed out and finished, already amazing as is unfinished, though) and cabinet/playfield artwork.

The presentation as far as audio, display-effects and music are all either missing or are awful, though. It takes away from how great all the other aspects of AIQ are. The display effects, while having no impact on the game itself, are the worst since Stern switched from DMDs. Even worse than Aerosmith and thats not easy to do. It looks incomplete and lazy, like some halfassed free-to-play mobile card game.

Thankfully with Pin Browser we'll be able to change it to something presentable (like what was done with JP2), but its a lazy, ugly mess from the Stern team.

#4402 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Game feels very much like tmnt in that so many shots you just miss can ricochet incredibly fast to outlanes. And i feel anything that goes near the outlanes always drains. No good bounces! Its frustrating

Titan rubbers on the outlanes look fantastic but produce bad bounces. I put some on my Avengers and noticed a huge negative difference. Took them off.

#4403 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Titan rubbers on the outlanes look fantastic but produce bad bounces. I put some on my Avengers and noticed a huge negative difference. Took them off.

I have the standard rubbers on except for the flippers. And the bounces on the outlanes are always out!

#4404 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have the standard rubbers on except for the flippers. And the bounces on the outlanes are always out!

Since I have four kids that play a lot, I bought the wider lane posts from Pinball life.

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Since I have four kids that play a lot, I bought the wider lane posts from Pinball life.

Same, no regrets. We drain out the sides still plenty enough to make me feel like it's not cheating.

#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Same, no regrets. We drain out the sides still plenty enough to make me feel like it's not cheating.

hrm. ill look but can you link it? Are you talking about siamese posts?

#4407 3 years ago

nm found it. I actually think I ordered these a while back and never installed them. Maybe its time......For my kids.....

#4408 3 years ago

I posted this before but adding this little piece of plex has improved my Captain Marvel shot SO MUCH that i now find myself chaining Black Widow to Captain Marvel on a loop until i get some portal locks going.

20210118_003237 (resized).jpg20210118_003237 (resized).jpg20210118_003309 (resized).jpg20210118_003309 (resized).jpg
#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I posted this before but adding this little piece of plex has improved my Captain Marvel shot SO MUCH that i now find myself chaining Black Widow to Captain Marvel on a loop until i get some portal locks going.
[quoted image][quoted image]

For sure! It definitely makes the shot smoother with less rejects.

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While I'm in this thread, the only thing that has baffled me from a mechanical standpoint is why didn't they put a post in front of the top left flipper? Gets a bit annoying always smacking it, as I'm sure it will wear that flipper rubber down quicker than usual.
I've scratched my head, and see no fix without drilling the playfield (not gonna happen for me) or maybe finding a way to modify the wireform directly above it to secure a post (?).
Seems like a hefty endeavor...just curious if anyone else has thought about it. All of my other games w upper flippers seem to be guarded from direct ball strikes from the lower flippers (maybe there are other machines that have this same exposed config.?).
Just makes me wonder....can't imagine a post there impeding gameplay at all.....

The set up on this machine made me thing WHY does Jurassic Park has one if it’s not needed. So opposite to you... rather no silly post on front of it

#4411 3 years ago

I have no rejects on the Marvel shot, but sometimes it doesn’t register the shot. Anyone else?

#4412 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Game feels very much like tmnt in that so many shots you just miss can ricochet incredibly fast to outlanes. And i feel anything that goes near the outlanes always drains. No good bounces! Its frustrating

It feels totaly different for me. TMNTs left outlane was much worse. STDM drains from those targets where uber punishing with no chance to recover- each ramp shot was high risk.
AIQs ramps are far back, with a lot of time to recover, but i get STDM drains from fast CM ramp rejects too. For slower SDTM drains you have work on your prediction- nudging and slap save skills. Never watch a ball go SDTM without doing anything.

Outlanses can be extra frustrating if you have a warped PF. In this case its like an outlane magnet, and i see such "magical" ball behaviour alot on streams too. If you are good, you can compansate alot. Also some games are worse than others, my TWD was the worst, so i sold it. Maybe meassure your PF from left to right.

Quoted from Scandell:

+1 here, Stock rubbers on the slings and outlanes makes it easier to controll the ball with nudges.

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I have no rejects on the Marvel shot, but sometimes it doesn’t register the shot. Anyone else?

Have a look at the micro switch on the wire form return. I had to bend it out a little because the ball was sometimes able to sneak past it without triggering the switch.

Quoted from cooked71:

#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Never watch a ball go SDTM without doing anything.

**Unless playing soul gem mode

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I picked up a premium yesterday and I’ve noticed really strong shots often reject, and this looks like the best solution. It may be obvious once I get in there, but how did you attach this plexi? I assume it attaches to the left edge of the ramp entrance somehow, but there is an opto there not too far from the edge. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I’m also getting a balls hung up on the lip at the edge of the long cutout in the trough - I’ll try filing in a bevel to the end to see if it helps. I also need to play with my playfield angle some - it is too steep now and I’m getting balls going SDTM from the tower if I don’t flip, and also balls coming from left orbit seem to hit the left sling.

This game is a BLAST though - had so much fun playing it for a couple of hours last night. Still learning the rules but got my first Soul Gem and I think my best was 3 Gems total. My wife wanted to play a second game, which is pretty rare.

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Since I don't have the material or the means to make this little piece of plex, is it something that some one is or will be selling?

My order is in for a AIQ Premium with CoinTaker in March hopefully.

I have pre-ordered (actually backordered) the Stern topper, Stern Plunger, Stern blades. I have the Stern shaker.

I ordered the Cliffy protectors.

I have received the Tower mod, sanctum mod, and sling protectors from Mezel mods.

Are there any other protectors or suggested mods to protect/enhance the game? (I have read through all 89 pages and may have missed something.)

I am hoping the new games will have whatever weld problem there is on the walk through subway mechanism fixed.

Thanks
Michael

#4417 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

What size did you cut the plex?

#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Since I don't have the material or the means to make this little piece of plex, is it something that some one is or will be selling?
My order is in for a AIQ Premium with CoinTaker in March hopefully.
I have pre-ordered (actually backordered) the Stern topper, Stern Plunger, Stern blades. I have the Stern shaker.
I ordered the Cliffy protectors.
I have received the Tower mod, sanctum mod, and sling protectors from Mezel mods.
Are there any other protectors or suggested mods to protect/enhance the game? (I have read through all 89 pages and may have missed something.)
I am hoping the new games will have whatever weld problem there is on the walk through subway mechanism fixed.
Thanks
Michael

+1 for me. i would purchase if someone is making them...

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

+1 for me. i would purchase if someone is making them...

Same here.

#4420 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Its $5 of material you probably have around the house.
-find some scrap plastic (or buy a small square of plex for a couple dollars)
-score the plastic to size and snap a piece. Sand the edges if necessary.
-glue it to the side just above the opto and below the wireform. I used a drop of crazy glue on this one but hot glue is also great and easy to remove.

What size did you cut the plex?

About 1"×2" then shaved it a couple times to a good size and shape to fit over the opto and under the wireform.

I could shoot out a bunch for other people but idk how people feel about gluing things in their game and shipping cross border is sketchy lately. Im sure some modder will come up with a more intricate system but this way is simple, takes 10 minutes and works great.

#4421 3 years ago

On Soul Gem Mode, does anyone feel like the first shot required should be on the other side of the playfield to give you the chance to hit it with the one flip? Fed to the right flipper and the shot required is Black Panther... I don’t get it.

#4422 3 years ago

I have an AIQ pro and I’m loving it. A few mods on their way this week from MezelMods to amp up the playfield. I have about 500 games on it and I’m having an occasional issue with the ball jumping the Black Panther orbit. Is anyone else seeing this? Just started a week or so ago. Starting to see some drag on that outer orbit as well and not completely getting up and around the entire loop. Any suggestions? It’s my first pin so not sure if i should be cleaning/waxing more often to keep it smooth?!? Thanks!

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m also getting a balls hung up on the lip at the edge of the long cutout in the trough - I’ll try filing in a bevel to the end to see if it helps.

Email Stern - there's a replacement trough that basically extends the groove all the way to the end of the trough. I posted a picture of it in the thread.

You'll want to ask for the disk leveling kit too most likely.

#4424 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

On Soul Gem Mode, does anyone feel like the first shot required should be on the other side of the playfield to give you the chance to hit it with the one flip? Fed to the right flipper and the shot required is Black Panther... I don’t get it.

100% it just of irks me that this is the case. Should start with black widow, hulk, computer or captain America. For this I’ll take the game off your hands!

#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Yeah...it definitely adds difficulty putting the ball on the wrong flipper for a shot I already have trouble with. All part of the fun. Since my machine rarely has the momentum to transfer cleanly over from either ball launch or upkicker, I usually use my first flip to hit the Black Widow ramp on the fly which gets me to the left flipper. I have better luck with that than fumbling around trying to post pass.

#4426 3 years ago

I chopped 9 of these up, if anyone wants one just PM me your address and I'll get them out sometime this week.

This is the piece that KnockerPTSD is talking about, to help with Captain Marvel rejects.

I'm not the best plexi-cutter in the world, so theres some rough edges and the corners aren't true. But I know some folks can't do it this well themselves, so here you are.

EDIT - as I look at the above post on the desktop, I think KnockerPTSD is using thicker and clearer plexi than I got. So, hmm I wonder if mine will even work or look as good. My glass is near impossible to pull off so I'm waiting until I get a stuck ball or something before trying it out myself.

16110010301275941311416087665418 (resized).jpg16110010301275941311416087665418 (resized).jpg

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had to adjust the metal arm of the microswitch on mine to get it to register every time. I just bent it toward the ball path a little bit. It's located on the wire form ramp return. Just above the Ant-man kick out.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Its $5 of material you probably have around the house.
-find some scrap plastic (or buy a small square of plex for a couple dollars)
-score the plastic to size and snap a piece. Sand the edges if necessary.
-glue it to the side just above the opto and below the wireform. I used a drop of crazy glue on this one but hot glue is also great and easy to remove.

About 1"×2" then shaved it a couple times to a good size and shape to fit over the opto and under the wireform.
I could shoot out a bunch for other people but idk how people feel about gluing things in their game and shipping cross border is sketchy lately. Im sure some modder will come up with a more intricate system but this way is simple, takes 10 minutes and works great.

I used 2-sided Gorilla "mounting tape" to secure the Lexan piece (1/8" thick) to the bracket above the opto. Have 500+ games on it since and no issues.
IMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9740 (resized).JPG

#4429 3 years ago

You can make this out of any old playfield plastic as well. If you have any local pinball friends, ask around and somebody's bound to have some broken stuff. I have some shop shears like these and they easily cut plastic into whatever shape you need. From the player perspective, you never see the art because you are looking directly at the side of the plastic.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiss-10-in-Shop-Shear-W10TM/205034451

#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While I'm in this thread, the only thing that has baffled me from a mechanical standpoint is why didn't they put a post in front of the top left flipper? Gets a bit annoying always smacking it, as I'm sure it will wear that flipper rubber down quicker than usual.
I've scratched my head, and see no fix without drilling the playfield (not gonna happen for me) or maybe finding a way to modify the wireform directly above it to secure a post (?).
Seems like a hefty endeavor...just curious if anyone else has thought about it. All of my other games w upper flippers seem to be guarded from direct ball strikes from the lower flippers (maybe there are other machines that have this same exposed config.?).
Just makes me wonder....can't imagine a post there impeding gameplay at all.....

I had the same question. Mine has taken a beating and the rubber is already breaking down. Will need to replace soon.

AA9C9127-28F2-4A2B-B2F2-D7CC27FA4F0E (resized).jpegAA9C9127-28F2-4A2B-B2F2-D7CC27FA4F0E (resized).jpeg
#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

nm found it. I actually think I ordered these a while back and never installed them. Maybe its time......For my kids.....

Just ordered mine. Thanks. My “kids” will love them.

#4432 3 years ago

i would think superbands would hold up better on the flippers.

kind of weird they put a post in front of the upper on JP, but not this one.

#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i would think superbands would hold up better on the flippers.
kind of weird they put a post in front of the upper on JP, but not this one.

Thanks! Just added a set to my pinballlife.com order! Hopefully they will help. They’ll definitely look great.

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I’m also getting a balls hung up on the lip at the edge of the long cutout in the trough - I’ll try filing in a bevel to the end to see if it helps. I also need to play with my playfield angle some - it is too steep now and I’m getting balls going SDTM from the tower if I don’t flip, and also balls coming from left orbit seem to hit the left sling.

There are keyposts in the thread index at the top of the page showing how to fix this.

#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Soul Gem: the 5 flip penalty seems to harsh. Perhaps add a few more ways to add back flips? Or perhaps a random penalty of 1-5?

You can change it in the settings to reduce it from between 5-1 flips. We dropped ours a couple and it’s made it so much more enjoyable for my kids (and me).

#4436 3 years ago

I just cut and installed a piece of plexi... I’m not sure what sorcery is involved but it works. I Hit 8/8 captain marvel ramp shots on the first ball post install.

33025372-4E11-4ADC-8F7A-15C134CEFEDE (resized).jpeg33025372-4E11-4ADC-8F7A-15C134CEFEDE (resized).jpeg
#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I has to do with not wasting your flank attack or something along those lines from what Keith had said in an early interview.

#4438 3 years ago

EDIT - as I look at the above post on the desktop, I think graysonsdad is using thicker and clearer plexi than I got. So, hmm I wonder if mine will even work or look as good. My glass is near impossible to pull off so I'm waiting until I get a stuck ball or something before trying it out myself.
[quoted image]

Mine was just old stock i had around but looking at it with a tape measure it is 3 or 4mm. I picked it up at Home Depot a couple years for another project. It is indeed the clearest type.

#4439 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

You can make this out of any old playfield plastic as well. If you have any local pinball friends, ask around and somebody's bound to have some broken stuff. I have some shop shears like these and they easily cut plastic into whatever shape you need. From the player perspective, you never see the art because you are looking directly at the side of the plastic.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiss-10-in-Shop-Shear-W10TM/205034451

Do NOT cut plastic with shears. Itll be an ugly nightmare. Score and snap. Easy peasy.

#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Have a look at the micro switch on the wire form return. I had to bend it out a little because the ball was sometimes able to sneak past it without triggering the switch.

I thought it was an opto set at the entrance to that ramp?

#4441 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It feels totaly different for me. TMNTs left outlane was much worse. STDM drains from those targets where uber punishing with no chance to recover- each ramp shot was high risk.
AIQs ramps are far back, with a lot of time to recover, but i get STDM drains from fast CM ramp rejects too. For slower SDTM drains you have work on your prediction- nudging and slap save skills. Never watch a ball go SDTM without doing anything.
Outlanses can be extra frustrating if you have a warped PF. In this case its like an outlane magnet, and i see such "magical" ball behaviour alot on streams too. If you are good, you can compansate alot. Also some games are worse than others, my TWD was the worst, so i sold it. Maybe meassure your PF from left to right.

+1 here, Stock rubbers on the slings and outlanes makes it easier to controll the ball with nudges.

I totally agree that the shots are further back and give you more recovery time. TMNT right ramp just miss means disaster.

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

.....I’m having an occasional issue with the ball jumping the Black Panther orbit. Is anyone else seeing this? Just started a week or so ago. Starting to see some drag on that outer orbit as well and not completely getting up and around the entire loop. Any suggestions?

I’m not sure what exactly you mean by ‘jumping the orbit’, but I’ve had air balls in the black panther orbit in the past. It turned out to be a ball guide and a U post/staple was slightly mis-aligned. When the ball hit this area it would cause the ball to fly a little in the air and generally rattle around and lose momentum.

There are a couple solutions to the problem, one being to move the guide slightly outward and/or bend the Upost staple inward (credit to @vireland). Another is to use a thin piece of metal to help transition between the ball guide and U post staple. I opted for the second solution and now all of my black panther shots, when hit properly, are as smooth as butter and make it all the way around.

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Another is to use a thin piece of metal to help transition between the ball guide and U post staple. I opted for the second solution and now all of my black panther shots, when hit properly, are as smooth as butter and make it all the way around.

Any chance you could shoot me a photo of where you put the small metal piece? It sounds like that would/may solve my issue.

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do NOT cut plastic with shears. Itll be an ugly nightmare. Score and snap. Easy peasy.

Having the right shears makes a difference! Clean straight lines, I was happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20201221_215134226~2.jpgIMG_20201221_215134226~2.jpg
#4445 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought it was an opto set at the entrance to that ramp?

There are 2 switches to make a CM shot, the opto at the ramp entrance AND the micro switch on the wire form near ant man. A rejected shot will trigger a CM graphic and call out via the opto, but to get credit for a made CM shot the ball needs to also actuate the micro switch. On my game, if the ball hugged the outside of the wire form it wouldn’t trigger the second switch so I bent out the switch leaf a little with a switch adjustment tool. All my CM shots register correctly now.

#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Any chance you could shoot me a photo of where you put the small metal piece? It sounds like that would/may solve my issue.

I took slow motion videos of the area to analyze what exactly was happening, you might want to do the same as you may not have this exact problem.

Right now my solution is a ‘press fit’, so it’s not permanent and easy to take off. I fashioned it out of a angle plate corner T brace I had lying around. Trimmed it to size and bent the ends so it would attach. In the future I may try moving the ball guides, but for now this works perfectly.

9FB183B3-63D5-491A-9C24-057C696FD3D2 (resized).jpeg9FB183B3-63D5-491A-9C24-057C696FD3D2 (resized).jpeg

C18B0476-55EC-4C78-8921-5F8BCBD38AC6 (resized).jpegC18B0476-55EC-4C78-8921-5F8BCBD38AC6 (resized).jpeg

A5DDDDFB-D5D5-456F-A032-003D38030B52 (resized).jpegA5DDDDFB-D5D5-456F-A032-003D38030B52 (resized).jpeg

#4447 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

Having the right shears makes a difference! Clean straight lines, I was happy with how it turned out.[quoted image]

Good on you for upcycling but id have waited until id grabbed something clear for a pinball machine you dropped 8k on.

#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

I took slow motion videos of the area to analyze what exactly was happening, you might want to do the same as you may not have this exact problem.
Right now my solution is a ‘press fit’, so it’s not permanent and easy to take off. I fashioned it out of a angle plate corner T brace I had lying around. Trimmed it to size and bent the ends so it would attach. In the future I may try moving the ball guides, but for now this works perfectly.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice temporary fix. I'm definitely interested in finding a good long term fix for the left side of this narrow orbit, I'm not a fan of it's design at all, there's just too many things for the ball to snag on. I frequently get rattles in this area and find it hard to believe it isn't happening to everyone.

#4449 3 years ago

Your ball guide looks like it's being pushed over by that launch ramp. Mine has a smooth arc where yours looks like it bows inward.

Quoted from toddmann:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Image from iOS (2) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (2) (resized).jpg
#4450 3 years ago

Also make sure you didn’t add a missing nut under that black panther rail to allow it to flex.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/89?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.