IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 256.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes I called that the “RayDay Combo”. He exploited that combo for 7 billion and in the next code update it was gone

I hope it comes back in some form in a future code update. I saw the Rayday 7B game on YouTube....he makes it look so easy!

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.
I realize it might have to do with the major amount of points you can get, but I wish it would come back. It was one area I would focus on if the game wasn’t going so well.

For sure, hopefully they bring it back and maybe limit the number of consecutive times you can make the combo or something similar so you can't exploit it.

#4253 3 years ago

Anyone had a play on a custom code with different music etc for AIQ yet??

#4254 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

For sure, hopefully they bring it back and maybe limit the number of consecutive times you can make the combo or something similar so you can't exploit it.

Yeah, that's a good idea. It's still a combo and a satisfying series of shots to make, so it sucks that our doesn't really do anything anymore.

#4255 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I cancelled my Stern blades as they were too much of the same art on a premium. I went with some generic space ones from pingraffix that were originally intended for a Star Trek.
Im not home to take a pic but they work really well.
[quoted image]

Just some pics of the space themed blades installed. We like them a lot. Subtle but matches up well with the premium art package.

20210110_151929 (resized).jpg20210110_151929 (resized).jpg20210110_151943 (resized).jpg20210110_151943 (resized).jpg20210110_152037 (resized).jpg20210110_152037 (resized).jpg20210110_152111 (resized).jpg20210110_152111 (resized).jpg20210110_152124 (resized).jpg20210110_152124 (resized).jpg

#4256 3 years ago

Video of what it looks like, any ideas?

Quoted from Thomas3184:

Does anybody’s shooter lane look like this? It seems like it is machined too deep and too long. Has a hard edge at the end instead of a smooth transition causing airballs on launches making it around the loop unpredictably.
[quoted image]

51D0B2D2-543E-4B4B-9F96-9F08F877DD6B.gif51D0B2D2-543E-4B4B-9F96-9F08F877DD6B.gif
#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just some pics of the space themed blades installed. We like them a lot. Subtle but matches up well with the premium art package.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That artwork is sick, i wish i went for the premium, could not afford it at the time, the extra’s are worth it.
The pro is now 2000€ more in Europe so i am still greatfull that i could get a pro just in time..
Happy flippin everybody

#4258 3 years ago

looking for protectors for this game: cliffys, playfield, etc. I am located in Canada.
Where do you guys get your stuff?

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

looking for protectors for this game: cliffys, playfield, etc. I am located in Canada.

Cliffys and plastic protectors from Mezel Mods is all you really need. Playfield protectors are not necessary and change the way the game plays.

#4260 3 years ago

omg I just got through 10 pages of it took me several hours, read a lot of info...
I just bought this game ( I am in Canada ) and I am getting it next month, I read about coil fading, coil fans (???), shooter lane protectors, mylar, shakers....
Can anyone from Canada direct me to the right place to get the parts that I will need to be prepared. I do not like waiting for parts and would like to have a nice arsenal of parts that would/could need replacement...

Really just get the machine and then decide the add-ons you want. For coil fans for sure you ONLY need them if you're playing more than 30-40 minutes straight at a time. Many people don't play that long, or take breaks between balls, etc, and they won't need them.

The only thing I'd get ordered now is the cliffy set because he's always backed up months, the mylar so you can cut a protector for the shooter lane and area under the ant man guide until your cliffy arrives, and some spare coil stops because Stern's are notoriously crappy and can break in as little as 50 plays if you're unlucky.

Cliffy avengers set link (email him at the addresses on this page to order):
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Pinball life bulk mylar (get at least 24" x 24"):
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch

Pinball life coil stops:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

And if you really want a shaker motor, you can get that from pinball life, too:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#4261 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really just get the machine and then decide the add-ons you want. For coil fans for sure you ONLY need them if you're playing more than 30-40 minutes straight at a time. Many people don't play that long, or take breaks between balls, etc, and they won't need them.
The only thing I'd get ordered now is the cliffy set because he's always backed up months, the mylar so you can cut a protector for the shooter lane and area under the ant man guide until your cliffy arrives, and some spare coil stops because Stern's are notoriously crappy and can break in as little as 50 plays if you're unlucky.
Cliffy avengers set link (email him at the addresses on this page to order):
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Pinball life bulk mylar (get at least 24" x 24"):
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mylar_24inch
Pinball life coil stops:
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
And if you really want a shaker motor, you can get that from pinball life, too:
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

thank you for this!!

#4262 3 years ago

Vireland is one of the very few who really knows what goes where!!!

#4263 3 years ago

Unfortunately Mezel wont ship to Canada at a reasonable rate. The shipping for their protectors is $28usd lol. I contacted them about a proper shipping rate but they basically said tough luck, shipping to Canada isnt worth the headache.

#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Unfortunately Mezel wont ship to Canada at a reasonable rate. The shipping for their protectors is $28usd lol. I contacted them about a proper shipping rate but they basically said tough luck, shipping to Canada isnt worth the headache.

Next time you do a pinmonk order, send that to me and I'll put it in with your pinmonk order and ship it for the extra weight cost, probably around $5-10.

ProTip: Tell me in advance you're doing this so I know it's coming, or I will be very confused.

#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next time you do a pinmonk order, send that to me and I'll put it in with your pinmonk order and ship it for the extra weight cost, probably around $5-10.
ProTip: Tell me in advance you're doing this so I know it's coming, or I will be very confused.

Always the helpful pinbiznessman

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

[quoted image]

Is it the same with the manual & auto plunge? I'm thinking if it's only the manual plunge maybe it's height needs adjusting? Just a thought...

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

[quoted image]

I have the same problem, but i use a shooter lane protector which can lead to such issues.
make sure your shooter housing is aligned well, the ball should touch both sides of the metal.

#4268 3 years ago

Happens with both manual and autoplunge. Ball sits center and goes straight, but once it hits that edge at the end of the groove it catches air. Wondering if anyone else has a shooter lane groove that looks like mine.

I read previous suggestions of turning down the strength but that didn’t help. Leaving it high gives the most consistent results.

#4269 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Happens with both manual and autoplunge. Ball sits center and goes straight, but once it hits that edge at the end of the groove it catches air. Wondering if anyone else has a shooter lane groove that looks like mine.
I read previous suggestions of turning down the strength but that didn’t help. Leaving it high gives the most consistent results.

newbie question here,

what would be considered as normal operation here? the ball never taking off the PF?

#4270 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I wonder if you tried putting a shooter lane protector over your groove if it would help make less of a lip there?

#4271 3 years ago

Good call, I will place some mylar over there to try and smooth that out.

Quoted from Pinhead306:

I wonder if you tried putting a shooter lane protector over your groove if it would help make less of a lip there?

#4272 3 years ago

My TMNT is smooth and doesn’t take off, I would assume that is normal, but I have no other comparison and a newbie as well.

newbie question here,
what would be considered as normal operation here? the ball never taking off the PF?

#4273 3 years ago

So I have seen some people recommending alignment or adjustment of their auto-plunge as a fix for weak launches, but how do you go about adjusting the mech? I took a slo-mo video and it looks like the ball is hitting the left side of the lane about 5 or 6 inches up and then ricochets off the right side, causing weak auto-plunges that only make it all the way around maybe 2/3 of the time. The mech is just a 2 sided metal bracket on a pin with a coil that pull down on it. The "axle" for this hinged mech appears to rest on a pair of compression fit nylon "bushings/bearings". There is a slight amount of play in my mech (not excessive or even worrisome), but wondered how others have aligned or adjusted this mech to get a more straight ball launch? TIA

#4274 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I did this (No Led Zeppelin immigrant song for Thor multiball sorry ) :

Full Infinity War / Endgame soundtrack, but i can't share it now (waiting for a stable code before...)

#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

I did this (No Led Zeppelin immigrant song for Thor multiball sorry ) :

Full Infinity War / Endgame soundtrack, but i can't share it now (waiting for a stable code before...)

that is pretty cool, I suspect it won't be long until fans start adding movie clips....

#4276 3 years ago

that is pretty cool, I suspect it won't be long until fans start adding movie clips....

I'm working on it too

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

I'm working on it too

I know nothing about computers so this is just a suggestion. There is a really decent cartoon on Disney plus called Avengers Assemble. I think its the second season that is all about Thanos. The art is VERY similar to the art of the game and i think possibly even some of the voice actor may be the same. I think this cartoon would work so well in the game. Even better than movie clips imo but its not my project. Just making you aware of its existence incase you werent already. The audio swap is great. Must be so much more emersive to play. Id like to see some gameplay if you are set up for that. Happy coding.
Screenshot_20210111-134851_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210111-134851_Google (resized).jpg

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know nothing about computers so this is just a suggestion. There is a really decent cartoon on Disney plus called Avengers Assemble. I think its the second season that is all about Thanos. The art is VERY similar to the art of the game and i think possibly even some of the voice actor may be the same. I think this cartoon would work so well in the game. Even better than movie clips imo but its not my project. Just making you aware of its existence incase you werent already. The audio swap is great. Must be so much more emersive to play. Id like to see some gameplay if you are set up for that. Happy coding.
[quoted image]

We have a channel on FB and Youtube (RB Flip France) and i will stream gameplay soon with my custom code

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

So I have seen some people recommending alignment or adjustment of their auto-plunge as a fix for weak launches, but how do you go about adjusting the mech? I took a slo-mo video and it looks like the ball is hitting the left side of the lane about 5 or 6 inches up and then ricochets off the right side, causing weak auto-plunges that only make it all the way around maybe 2/3 of the time. The mech is just a 2 sided metal bracket on a pin with a coil that pull down on it. The "axle" for this hinged mech appears to rest on a pair of compression fit nylon "bushings/bearings". There is a slight amount of play in my mech (not excessive or even worrisome), but wondered how others have aligned or adjusted this mech to get a more straight ball launch? TIA

Additionally, at the risk of sounding like a total NOOB and asking a silly question, how do you adjust the treble and bass settings for the sound? Is it in a menu I just haven't explored deep enough yet?

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Additionally, at the risk of sounding like a total NOOB and asking a silly question, how do you adjust the treble and bass settings for the sound? Is it in a menu I just haven't explored deep enough yet?

In "Util" Menu => Vol => And you can adjust Bass / Treeble in backbox / cabinet.

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Some battle backgrounds are taken from S1E1.

#4282 3 years ago

Putting mylar down and setting autoplunger to 220 seems to be working well to get up the ramp consistently for me if anyone has similar issue, thanks!

Quoted from Pinhead306:

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Where do the autoplunge forks sit on the ball when it's in the shooter lane? It may be as simple as bending the forks in or out so they cradle the ball in the center, or if you have slop left to right, you can put some E clips on the base of the forks to keep it from moving left to right too much.

#4284 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Yep, the spider version is awesome!

#4285 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where do the autoplunge forks sit on the ball when it's in the shooter lane? It may be as simple as bending the forks in or out so they cradle the ball in the center, or if you have slop left to right, you can put some E clips on the base of the forks to keep it from moving left to right too much.

When I first looked they appeared to cradle it fairly centered, but I'll take a closer look this evening if I think of it. By "E Clips", do you mean just retaining washer clips? TIA

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

We have a channel on FB and Youtube (RB Flip France) and i will stream gameplay soon with my custom code

I just subscribed even though I do not speak French, lol.

#4287 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

When I first looked they appeared to cradle it fairly centered, but I'll take a closer look this evening if I think of it. By "E Clips", do you mean just retaining washer clips? TIA

Yes, retaining clips. Harbor freight sells a 300 pack assortment cheap:

https://www.harborfreight.com/300-piece-e-clip-assortment-67653.html

#4288 3 years ago

I just subscribed even though I do not speak French, lol.

No need to speak french to watch a gameplay
Merci

#4289 3 years ago

Hey, technically only a wanna-be member. I am very interested in this game but my wife is not very excited about it. I like games with deep rule sets and long plays (i.e. Simpsons PB, LotR) but she likes more straight forward shooters with more basic rules (i.e. Taxi, AFM). However we both like our Indiana Jones which has some deep rules, she likes it because as she says "I know what I am supposed to do". I am trying to convince her but watching game play the rules look pretty complex. Is this game fun for someone who isn't interested in learning a bunch of rules?

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

Hey, technically only a wanna-be member. I am very interested in this game but my wife is not very excited about it. I like games with deep rule sets and long plays (i.e. Simpsons PB, LotR) but she likes more straight forward shooters with more basic rules (i.e. Taxi, AFM). However we both like our Indiana Jones which has some deep rules, she likes it because as she says "I know what I am supposed to do". I am trying to convince her but watching game play the rules look pretty complex. Is this game fun for someone who isn't interested in learning a bunch of rules?

AIQ is one of those great games with VERY deep, complex rules, but with an extremely straightforward "first layer" that allows newer players to make cool stuff happen. Hit the cool spinning disc a few times to make it raise up, then shoot under it to start your choice of modes. Bash the Thor captive ball a few times to start a nice, exciting multiball. That's enough to keep most people happy right there. Then dig as deep as you want from there. Want a little more...try to hit each of the major shots multiple times to collect all the Avengers which starts the super unique Soul Gem mode. And there is tons more where that came from...

#4291 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

AIQ is one of those great games with VERY deep, complex rules, but with an extremely straightforward "first layer" that allows newer players to make cool stuff happen. Hit the cool spinning disc a few times to make it raise up, then shoot under it to start your choice of modes. Bash the Thor captive ball a few times to start a nice, exciting multiball. That's enough to keep most people happy right there. Then dig as deep as you want from there. Want a little more...try to hit each of the major shots multiple times to collect all the Avengers which starts the super unique Soul Gem mode. And there is tons more where that came from...

Hey thanks a lot.

Any thoughts on this verses Jurassic Park (2019)?

#4292 3 years ago

Hey thanks a lot.
Any thoughts on this verses Jurassic Park (2019)?

No problem. I actually just kind of answered this in a TMNT thread comparing the three machines, so I'm just going to copy/paste the JP part of that here (check the TMNT thread if you want the whole comparison)...

"JP...eh. I had a super strong honeymoon period with it, but once that was over it was REALLY over. I have had very little urge to play it again. Good game, but it just didn't pull me in and I didn't find the shots or most of the modes all that satisfying (except T-Rex modes...those rock. Paddocks are a boring slog.). I freely admit I'm the oddball on that one though, and it's a well loved game for a reason."

I would say depth and complexity is fairly similar between AIQ and JP. As for that "first layer", I think AIQ has an advantage here, but JP is not terrible in that regard. It's just not quite as intuitive for first timers. Both are loaded with unique shots and rules, but for me personally AIQ is much more satisfying in both regards. The bulk of JP is playing the paddock modes, which I found to feel very repetitive and kind of a slog to get through. The bulk of AIQ is in the gem quests, and I found them all to be completely unique with a feel of their own. I will give JP props on the T-Rex modes though...those are awesome and unique and I can't really correlate anything in AIQ to them. At the moment, JP probably wins for better/more late game content, but AIQ is still a work in progress and once Thanos is back in the code, that could swing the other direction.

Both are great games. In the end, JP just wasn't a keeper for me, but I'm glad I had it for awhile. I could see having a change of heart with it someday and owning another, but for now I have had my fill and I do not really miss it much. AIQ I am still in the honeymoon with, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a long term keeper here. I really love everything about it from the layout, to the rules, to the A/V assets, to the art. It's a total package for me.

Best of luck...you can't really go wrong!

#4293 3 years ago

I was having the same auto shot problem as Thomas3184 and set mine to 220 and it seamed to work a lot better . I don't think it has anything to do with the playfield grove !

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No problem. I actually just kind of answered this in a TMNT thread comparing the three machines, so I'm just going to copy/paste the JP part of that here (check the TMNT thread if you want the whole comparison)...
"JP...eh. I had a super strong honeymoon period with it, but once that was over it was REALLY over. I have had very little urge to play it again. Good game, but it just didn't pull me in and I didn't find the shots or most of the modes all that satisfying (except T-Rex modes...those rock. Paddocks are a boring slog.). I freely admit I'm the oddball on that one though, and it's a well loved game for a reason."
I would say depth and complexity is fairly similar between AIQ and JP. As for that "first layer", I think AIQ has an advantage here, but JP is not terrible in that regard. It's just not quite as intuitive for first timers. Both are loaded with unique shots and rules, but for me personally AIQ is much more satisfying in both regards. The bulk of JP is playing the paddock modes, which I found to feel very repetitive and kind of a slog to get through. The bulk of AIQ is in the gem quests, and I found them all to be completely unique with a feel of their own. I will give JP props on the T-Rex modes though...those are awesome and unique and I can't really correlate anything in AIQ to them. At the moment, JP probably wins for better/more late game content, but AIQ is still a work in progress and once Thanos is back in the code, that could swing the other direction.
Both are great games. In the end, JP just wasn't a keeper for me, but I'm glad I had it for awhile. I could see having a change of heart with it someday and owning another, but for now I have had my fill and I do not really miss it much. AIQ I am still in the honeymoon with, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't a long term keeper here. I really love everything about it from the layout, to the rules, to the A/V assets, to the art. It's a total package for me.
Best of luck...you can't really go wrong!

Thanks again, very helpful.

#4295 3 years ago

Does your shooter lane not have that groove at the end? You have a pic of what it looks like? You might be able to go even lower on power if yours is smooth.

Quoted from TenaciousT:

I was having the same auto shot problem as Thomas3184 and set mine to 220 and it seamed to work a lot better . I don't think it has anything to do with the playfield grove !

#4296 3 years ago

My lane is like yous but the ball was out of control before it got to the groove .

#4297 3 years ago

Hit 1,000 games played today 1/11/21!
Received NIB on 11/5/20.

5CA059A2-DE13-48A0-B083-FE8888C44275 (resized).jpeg5CA059A2-DE13-48A0-B083-FE8888C44275 (resized).jpeg
#4298 3 years ago

I'll second what Jediturtle said - it's pretty easy to make the game do cool stuff, but can go a lot deeper if you want. I've had the game a couple of months and have yet to read the rules, so I don't really understand what Avengers I should place the different Soul Gems on, for example, nor what leveling up the Avengers before battle really does. I'll read the rules one of these days, but until then, it's just so much fun to play that I haven't spent time reading (I tell myself that updated code might change the rules, so why bother, but that's just a lie I tell myself. ). I'm sure once I understand all of the nuances, I'll love it even more, but it's not necessary to enjoy the game.

#4299 3 years ago

Is this game fun for someone who isn't interested in learning a bunch of rules?

My wife may be the same as your wife as a pinball player. She just really tries to keep the ball alive. Doesn’t care about the rules as much just wants a good game played or super fun shots. With that being said, aiq is her least favorite pin in our collection and the shadow is her favorite. I think because that shadow has a fun ball lock and cool block breaker upper playfield along with the diverter lanes. I am trying to get her more time on aiq because I believe as the code continues to evolve it will be amazing but we play pins a lot so I have to consider what she likes. If I ever did list it I’d probably put it in the higher range in hopes it wouldn’t sell or atleast for a while .

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Nice find. Using the cartoon for game customization a great idea. IMO the use of clips and sounds from the film feels like a miss-step for this machine. The machine is about comic cartoon art; not the Avengers film.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/86?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.