IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 253.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

Why do you need this? Didn’t one come installed on that ramp?

Edit: Is it just to give it some more rigidity?

#4202 3 years ago

Oh wow, I had no idea this was even an issue.

#4203 3 years ago

I have no idea what you are showing here... need to add some text to your post.

If you are trying to stop the "rejects", a piece of lexan on the side to cover the large opening works great!

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Are there higher quality coil stops to buy? How do I know that I'm not buying a crappy one?

Quoted from PinMonk:

The pinball life ones hold up really well for me.

Yeah, Pinball Life offers a good, inexpensive coil stop.

#4205 3 years ago

Did you make this or did it come from Stern?

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

SD Card. Get a good one. Make a new image on it using the images in stern's support area, try that. A very common point of failure because Stern uses crappy cards.
https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

That was it! Ironic that this was caused by me replacing Stern's SD card with my own crappy one for 0.95. New card did the trick, thank you very much. That reminds me, I need to send you an order for another fan. God do I hate the ones Stern puts in.

#4207 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

That was it! Ironic that this was caused by me replacing Stern's SD card with my own crappy one for 0.95. New card did the trick, thank you very much. That reminds me, I need to send you an order for another fan. God do I hate the ones Stern puts in.

Glad that was it! You definitely want a good quality Class 10 SD card in there to prevent problems like the one you saw (and freezes, lockups, glitches, etc).

I hear you on the fans. Every time I get a new machine in to do mods and test temps, etc, I always tell myself I'm not going to take the time to do the fan replacement, and every time by the end of the first day, I change it out. The noise drives me crazy.

#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Did you make this or did it come from Stern?

I haven't had it but the person who took the photo's got it from Stern.

#4209 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have no idea what you are showing here... need to add some text to your post.
If you are trying to stop the "rejects", a piece of lexan on the side to cover the large opening works great!

sorry - see further up the thread. I don't know what this does. But I knew it was a part on offer from Stern. Our parts service to the UK is pretty dire so I want to make sure our distributor knows to be asking for the things we might need, right now there is no working subway in any avengers in the UK, a few dodgy disks and some other issues but our distributer doesn't ask for things unless he knows he needs to ask for them.

Neil.

#4210 3 years ago
20210106_163558 (resized).jpg20210106_163558 (resized).jpg
#4211 3 years ago

Smart dog with good taste.

#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Smart dog with good taste.

At first I was thinking "bad dog!" But then I remembered how much our cat loves playing pinball with me (if nothing else than to avoid our 4 dogs )

20200712_172421 (resized).jpg20200712_172421 (resized).jpg
#4213 3 years ago

I think I found a bug in the code on my LE. I haven't tried to recreate it yet because I'm not 100% sure how... But at a high level, here's what happened:

* Started Reality Gem mode
* Hit several combos during Reality Gem mode.
* Completed the mode, placed the gem on Hulk.
* Two portal locks were available, so locked the two balls
* After the second ball locked, I wasn't given a new ball in the trough. Had to wait for ball search, and it eventually ejected a ball from the lock for me.
* Started Power Gem mode. As expected, the one remaining ball in the lock ejected, and a third ball came from the trough - giving me three.
* Started Thor mode during Power Gem Mode.
* Had a great (for me) mode, new high scores for Thor and Power Gem (completed, not claimed). Drained two balls at once to end both modes, screen shows my scores, and the trophy room is displayed. No balls, no end of ball bonus (like I should've seen from draining).
* After a few ball searches, the screen says "missing pinballs," ends the game and gives me end of ball bonus.

After that, things seemed normal - I was able to start a new game, so it is detecting the balls just fine. Definitely seems like an issue because I locked back-to-back balls I guess? Anyone else encounter anything similar?

#4214 3 years ago

My hart is still pounding, what a blast of a game.
Sometimes i hear: time for the Hulkbuster suit? What does it mean
Would it be cool if they made a mode out of that.
I hope there will be some more mini modes, call outs and animations.
Watching all the Avengers movies again and there is so much material. This wil be a long time keeper for me, pure fast action.

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I think I found a bug in the code on my LE. I haven't tried to recreate it yet because I'm not 100% sure how... But at a high level, here's what happened:
* Started Reality Gem mode
* Hit several combos during Reality Gem mode.
* Completed the mode, placed the gem on Hulk.
* Two portal locks were available, so locked the two balls
* After the second ball locked, I wasn't given a new ball in the trough. Had to wait for ball search, and it eventually ejected a ball from the lock for me.
* Started Power Gem mode. As expected, the one remaining ball in the lock ejected, and a third ball came from the trough - giving me three.
* Started Thor mode during Power Gem Mode.
* Had a great (for me) mode, new high scores for Thor and Power Gem (completed, not claimed). Drained two balls at once to end both modes, screen shows my scores, and the trophy room is displayed. No balls, no end of ball bonus (like I should've seen from draining).
* After a few ball searches, the screen says "missing pinballs," ends the game and gives me end of ball bonus.
After that, things seemed normal - I was able to start a new game, so it is detecting the balls just fine. Definitely seems like an issue because I locked back-to-back balls I guess? Anyone else encounter anything similar?

Sounds like you would have had 4 balls on the field (if you still had your 3 from portal locks out when you started thor)?

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

My hart is still pounding, what a blast of a game.
Sometimes i hear: time for the Hulkbuster suit? What does it mean
Would it be cool if they made a mode out of that.
I hope there will be some more mini modes, call outs and animations.
Watching all the Avengers movies again and there is so much material. This wil be a long time keeper for me, pure fast action.

Each character has certain random (2 or 3) phrases they say when you level them up. This is one of Iron Man's phrases when you level him up (after collecting him already). Black Panther will say "The claws of the black panther!", BW will say "Can you stand the shock of my widow's bite?", etc.

#4217 3 years ago

I don’t isually pay attention to the hulk tilt call outs but I heard a funny one that I don’t remember hearing before.
“Hulk didn’t tilt, It was puny Banner”. The way he said it was pretty funny.

#4218 3 years ago

Just to share, my own fix for the ball getting stuck under the gauntlet, if you don't want to add extra bumpers.
My solution was to remove the plastic and shorten the two posts that hold it up by around 1/32 - 1/16 (using a dremel). I think the plastic posts might be slightly out of spec because the screw rod going through them doesn't fully seat in them on they top like it appears is intended, so the plastic may be sitting a bit higher than on the prototype games. Either way, once I did this it created enough clearance under the gauntlet to not have a ball get stuck.

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from dbb143:

Sounds like you would have had 4 balls on the field (if you still had your 3 from portal locks out when you started thor)?

No, I locked two balls in the portal, and then wasn't given the new ball to replace the newly locked second ball. Instead, one of the two locked balls ejected from the subway (after a ball search). When I put that ball in the portal to start the Power Gem mode, I should've (and did) have three balls - two from the lock, one from starting the mode (which, in this case, was one locked, one to start the mode, and one ejected new since there weren't two balls in the portal anymore). Does that make sense?

Edit: Oh, are you saying I should've had a fourth ball because of Thor multiball? Hmm, that's possible... I don't know when I started Thor, maybe I drained one first... Or maybe that's part of the bug. Not sure....

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's great to hear! With the fans it's held the coils in the 100-110F range in all the testing on many machines now, so fade isn't holding anyone with these cooling kits back from seeing more of the game - it's all down to skill at that point.

Wait so normal flippers will start to fade after time? How long does this normally take?

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Wait so normal flippers will start to fade after time? How long does this normally take?

Yes. It's due to the fact that electricity encounters more resistance to flow as heat builds up, requiring more electricity to work, making more heat, and on and on. There's a Q&A about it and a link to an online interactive demonstration about electrical resistance on the bottom of the product page here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike

It usually takes about 30-40 minutes of continuous play to start getting fade bad enough to notice. Some machines are really hot, fast, like Stranger Things and Rick and Morty (the 90 minute test temp champ so far). If you don't play continuously for 30-40 minutes, or take breaks between balls for a few minutes at a time while playing, you likely don't need to worry about it and will probably never encounter it.

I have plug and play kits for Stern Spike and Spooky machines. JJP kits are up next, then backwards to B/W machine and older Stern (LotR, I'm coming for you, and will have it out before LotR Spike hits).

#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t isually pay attention to the hulk tilt call outs but I heard a funny one that I don’t remember hearing before.
“Hulk didn’t tilt, It was puny Banner”. The way he said it was pretty funny.

I got this one once! Except hulk not use contraction

I’d probably hear it more often if I raised the bob...

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Edit: Oh, are you saying I should've had a fourth ball because of Thor multiball? Hmm, that's possible... I don't know when I started Thor, maybe I drained one first... Or maybe that's part of the bug. Not sure....

This.

#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. It's due to the fact that electricity encounters more resistance to flow as heat builds up, requiring more electricity to work, making more heat, and on and on. There's a Q&A about it and a link to an online interactive demonstration about electrical resistance on the bottom of the product page here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-flipper-coil-cooling-kit-spike
It usually takes about 30-40 minutes of continuous play to start getting fade bad enough to notice. Some machines are really hot, fast, like Stranger Things and Rick and Morty (the 90 minute test temp champ so far). If you don't play continuously for 30-40 minutes, or take breaks between balls for a few minutes at a time while playing, you likely don't need to worry about it and will probably never encounter it.
I have plug and play kits for Stern Spike and Spooky machines. JJP kits are up next, then backwards to B/W machine and older Stern (LotR, I'm coming for you, and will have it out before LotR Spike hits).

Thanks for the info. Never heard of this before.

#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I got this one once! Except hulk not use contraction

I’d probably hear it more often if I raised the bob...

What made it funny was that when Hulk blamed Banner he said it in a quiet voice, like he didn’t want David Banner to hear Him throw Banner under the bus.

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What made it funny was that when Hulk blamed Banner he said it in a quiet voice, like he didn’t want David Banner to hear Him throw Banner under the bus.

I hadn't heard the name "David" Banner in a while... Oh yeah, that was the Hulk's alter ego on the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno TV show...

Bruce Banner in the comics/movies.

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I hadn't heard the name "David" Banner in a while... Oh yeah, that was the Hulk's alter ego on the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno TV show...
Bruce Banner in the comics/movies.

I always watched that show every week. I haven’t watched any of the recent Marvel movies with Hulk in them. I suppose when I have 30 or 40 free hours I should.

#4228 3 years ago

Question: is that hot flippercoil / weak flipper problem LE only? Or also in the premiums?

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Question: is that hot flippercoil / weak flipper problem LE only? Or also in the premiums?

It is possible on any machine with flipper coils, but the design of the software and coils chosen by the designers seems to influence which have more problems with heat than others. On the product page, there's a chart with the Spike2 and Spooky machines tested so far and the temperatures noted after 60 or 90 minutes of play. If you play less than 30 minutes continuously at a time, you likely will never see coil fade and don't need the kit.

Ministry of Pinball carries the kits now (Here's the Spike2 one: (https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/tibetan-breeze-spike-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit.html) to save European customers on shipping and taxes. The base cost is more, but all things considered, it should be slightly cheaper and faster delivery to order from them if you're in Europe. The only thing they don't have yet is the 3 flipper kits, but add on-expansions for the 2 flipper kits are coming so if you have a 2 flipper kit, you can expand it to a third flipper later.

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is possible on any machine with flipper coils, but the design of the software and coils chosen by the designers seems to influence which have more problems with heat than others. On the product page, there's a chart with the Spike2 and Spooky machines tested so far and the temperatures noted after 60 or 90 minutes of play. If you play less than 30 minutes continuously at a time, you likely will never see coil fade and don't need the kit.
Ministry of Pinball carries the kits now (Here's the Spike2 one: (https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/tibetan-breeze-spike-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit.html) to save European customers on shipping and taxes. The base cost is more, but all things considered, it should be slightly cheaper and faster delivery to order from them if you're in Europe. The only thing they don't have yet is the 3 flipper kits, but add on-expansions for the 2 flipper kits are coming so if you have a 2 flipper kit, you can expand it to a third flipper later.

Can vouch for these. Bought them before my machine even came. Installed day one. Had several people playing it for a Twitch online stream (PinballwithFear) and never had any fade whatsoever. The couple times ive checked the coils have been at room temperature. Very nice!

#4231 3 years ago

That was a little lopsided

PXL_20210109_142851147 (resized).jpgPXL_20210109_142851147 (resized).jpg
#4232 3 years ago

What do you guys prefer mirror or the stern artblades

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

On this game i like the Stern art blades.

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Tiltgraphics without the characters for me, blends perfectly and looks great!

D92DC858-2807-450D-AFA7-E155B8EA1EC7 (resized).jpegD92DC858-2807-450D-AFA7-E155B8EA1EC7 (resized).jpeg
#4235 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Tiltgraphics without the characters for me, blends perfectly and looks great!
[quoted image]

I agree with Tilt Graphics no characters.

#4236 3 years ago

Would anyone be interested in this mezel mods tower? It doesn’t have the led strips in the top and it looks like the prior owner used a soldering iron to remove material to make the tower fit better before the Mezel fix.

Looking to get what I paid back for it $75 shipped in the US.

This is the old ad for it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mezel-tower-mod#post-5984942

2F34904E-2512-4BA4-BB1E-FF6EFD634B15 (resized).jpeg2F34904E-2512-4BA4-BB1E-FF6EFD634B15 (resized).jpeg
#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Would anyone be interested in this mezel mods tower? It doesn’t have the led strips in the top and it looks like the prior owner used a soldering iron to remove material to make the tower fit better before the Mezel fix.
Looking to get what I paid back for it $75 shipped in the US.
This is the old ad for it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mezel-tower-mod#post-5984942
[quoted image]

PM sent.

#4238 3 years ago

First the Bills win their first playoff game in a quarter of a century, and then I get a new GC score! It is low compared to many, but I had a blast. Even got 11 trophies! I should read up on how the gems work and what they do.... but in my free time, I would rather play than read!

20210109_172103 (resized).jpg20210109_172103 (resized).jpg
#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

I cancelled my Stern blades as they were too much of the same art on a premium. I went with some generic space ones from pingraffix that were originally intended for a Star Trek.
Im not home to take a pic but they work really well.

20200217_232309 (resized).jpg20200217_232309 (resized).jpg
#4240 3 years ago

Wasted Screen info.

I love my AIQ, Combo shots are very satisfying.. The game is set up for combos, so if instead of showing a "trophy room" why not tell you how many combos you are up to? The graphics and info on the game can be updated big time. The game is awesome, but they need to put more info on the screen.

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

Wasted Screen info.
I love my AIQ, Combo shots are very satisfying.. The game is set up for combos, so if instead of showing a "trophy room" why not tell you how many combos you are up to? The graphics and info on the game can be updated big time. The game is awesome, but they need to put more info on the screen.

you should watch this:

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

Wasted Screen info.

That trophy room as the screen we see most of the time just has to go! so boring!.

#4243 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

That trophy room as the screen we see most of the time just has to go! so boring!.

agree.

#4244 3 years ago

omg I just got through 10 pages of it took me several hours, read a lot of info...

I just bought this game ( I am in Canada ) and I am getting it next month, I read about coil fading, coil fans (???), shooter lane protectors, mylar, shakers....

Can anyone from Canada direct me to the right place to get the parts that I will need to be prepared. I do not like waiting for parts and would like to have a nice arsenal of parts that would/could need replacement...

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Mirror blades look really sharp!

AIQ Pinstadium (resized).jpgAIQ Pinstadium (resized).jpg
#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image]

I second mirror blades, they look amazing on this machine.49FCD03D-BD98-4C81-BDD6-F3928B5BAC46 (resized).jpeg49FCD03D-BD98-4C81-BDD6-F3928B5BAC46 (resized).jpeg07972E86-B49A-48C3-88C6-5132A006BBFF (resized).jpeg07972E86-B49A-48C3-88C6-5132A006BBFF (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg15F394E8-216D-4284-BB7E-0128C413B02A (resized).jpeg

#4247 3 years ago

Does anybody’s shooter lane look like this? It seems like it is machined too deep and too long. Has a hard edge at the end instead of a smooth transition causing airballs on launches making it around the loop unpredictably.

B858D6FE-A743-4CE6-A18D-94B25B45B2B4 (resized).jpegB858D6FE-A743-4CE6-A18D-94B25B45B2B4 (resized).jpeg
#4248 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image]

That looks also realy sharp !!
Oh men.. first world problems

#4249 3 years ago

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.

I realize it might have to do with the major amount of points you can get, but I wish it would come back. It was one area I would focus on if the game wasn’t going so well.

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.

Yes I called that the “RayDay Combo”. He exploited that combo for 7 billion and in the next code update it was gone

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/85?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.