IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 256.
#4151 3 years ago

This game is crazy good.

And hard.

#4152 3 years ago

Hello.
I have a problem with my spinning disc. It stops working during game. Sometimes at the begining of a game, sometimes it may happen after 1 hour.
I already try to adjust/align captor but i think this is a different problem.
I soon as i open the door (so no more high voltage) and close it, the disc starts to register again.
Here is a video to show the problem

Does anyone have a clue of what's happening please ?

Thanks.

#4153 3 years ago

Seeing a lot of people posting issues with the disk. If I could figure out how to do it, I’d like to see a poll of how many people are having an issue. Wondering how widespread this is

#4154 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmaru76:

Hello.
I have a problem with my spinning disc. It stops working during game. Sometimes at the begining of a game, sometimes it may happen after 1 hour.
I soon as i open the door (so no more high voltage) and close it, the disc starts to register again.

Thanks.

Exactly the same happens to me, funny I mentioned it this morning in another thread...

#4155 3 years ago

Anyone else have resetting issues after tilting during Battle Royale mode?

#4156 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Where is the Hulk?

Hulk and Black Panther are tricky due to size. I'm still hopeful of finding a place I like.

16096893214961643524348337428138 (resized).jpg16096893214961643524348337428138 (resized).jpg
#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Seeing a lot of people posting issues with the disk. If I could figure out how to do it, I’d like to see a poll of how many people are having an issue. Wondering how widespread this is

Mine does it, but hasn’t too often. Maybe a handful of times. I’ll start a game and rotating the disk doesn’t register. I look and it says the signal is weak. When I shut it down and start it back up, usually later, it works no problem.

#4158 3 years ago

Seeing a lot of people posting issues with the disk. If I could figure out how to do it, I’d like to see a poll of how many people are having an issue.
Please do ! I want to git in on that action !

#4159 3 years ago

My disk isn't leveled properly (I have the fix kit from Stern, just haven't installed it yet), but otherwise has worked fine for me.

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Exactly the same happens to me, funny I mentioned it this morning in another thread...

And does anyone have a clue of what the problem may be ?

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmaru76:

Hello.

Thanks.

Look at page 3 of the attached Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure and make sure your FS reading is good in all positions and adjust as necessary. Hopefully that helps.

Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment.pdf
#4162 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Anyone else have resetting issues after tilting during Battle Royale mode?

Yes!!! during the best game of life

#4163 3 years ago

LOVE my new Avengers Topper that I put together today - looks even better at night with the light between the two. Love it - plus it only cost me around $20 bucks!

D01DCF59-FD28-4D91-B1B1-B5F2C6937666 (resized).jpegD01DCF59-FD28-4D91-B1B1-B5F2C6937666 (resized).jpeg17CCB285-E521-4569-8212-09205D529A4A (resized).jpeg17CCB285-E521-4569-8212-09205D529A4A (resized).jpegCC082958-885F-4EF7-92FC-DDA844C1678E (resized).jpegCC082958-885F-4EF7-92FC-DDA844C1678E (resized).jpeg
#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

LOVE my new Avengers Topper that I put together today - looks even better at night with the light between the two. Love it - plus it only cost me around $20 bucks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like that. Where did you buy the parts?

#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Look at page 3 of the attached Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure and make sure your FS reading is good in all positions and adjust as necessary. Hopefully that helps.
[quoted image]

Thanks but i already did that with no success.

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Have a piece of 1/8" thick (maybe even a little thicker) yellow plexi cut between 1/8" and 3/16" bigger than the letters all the way around (except the bottom unless you want he MARVEL to levitate) and run a strip of LEDs across the bottom of the plexi and it will really make the MARVEL pop with a lit up yellow outline.

#4167 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Is the shaker worth getting?

I added the shaker motor and art blades to my Pro and think it was worth it.

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

This looks fantastic. I’m also wondering what you used to pull this off.

#4169 3 years ago
Quoted from jcripps:

I added the shaker motor and art blades to my Pro and think it was worth it.

+1 for the shaker motor. When you transport to the battles it synchronizes nicely as well as with other actions in the game.

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

+1 for the shaker motor. When you transport to the battles it synchronizes nicely as well as with other actions in the game.

I got to say it...the shaker is probably the worst implemented shaker on any newer Stern I'VE ever had so far. Not to say i wouldnt install one i just feel its not used enough yet in the code.

#4171 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I got to say it...the shaker is probably the worst implemented shaker on any newer Stern I'VE ever had so far. Not to say i wouldnt install one i just feel its not used enough yet in the code.

I agree. It is ok and I like it, but nowhere near as good as TWD or IMDN.

#4172 3 years ago

I just ordered the knocker kit from PBL. I have it on my IMDN and although it doesn't get used much, and is a lot of money for something that rarely goes off, I just had to get one for my AIQLE. Death to the screech!

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Hasn't stuff like shaker and lightshows been the last stuff Keith has tidied up in his games and rules has been his major priority in updates in his past games?

#4174 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just ordered the knocker kit from PBL. I have it on my IMDN and although it doesn't get used much, and is a lot of money for something that rarely goes off, I just had to get one for my AIQLE. Death to the screech!

First thing I do before I put a game on a new Stern is go into the settings and turn the screech off.

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

There are some nice shaker moments (Soul Gem start), but yes, many more implementations available yet. Nowhere near the shaker involvement as Deadpool yet... even little things like when you push both buttons to jump through the bonus at the end... Deadpool has a shaker rumble there and I miss that on AIQ. Still early in code though.

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I really like that. Where did you buy the parts?

Quoted from Soulstoner:

This looks fantastic. I’m also wondering what you used to pull this off.

Picked up the parts at Hobby Lobby ... used L brackets to install- turned out really great

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn't stuff like shaker and lightshows been the last stuff Keith has tidied up in his games and rules has been his major priority in updates in his past games?

No idea this is my first Keith game but compared to other coders so far im disappointed in the shaker use. I hooked it up last week and was like ok is that it. I like Dwights style of shaker use the best out of all coders. Lightshow wise AIQ is great already though, sorta reminds me of a JJP game in that sense.

#4178 3 years ago

is there a definitive list of fix it parts for the game?

1: New subway
2: New marvel ramp plastic. 830 1095 53
3: new thingymapbob for the disc 502-8001-R2

any one got part numbers and I'll add them and make a key post.

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

No idea this is my first Keith game but compared to other coders so far im disappointed in the shaker use. I hooked it up last week and was like ok is that it. I like Dwights style of shaker use the best out of all coders. Lightshow wise AIQ is great already though, sorta reminds me of a JJP game in that sense.

JP has great shaker implementation, I’m sure we will see more shaker use in upcoming code.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

New marvel ramp plastic. 830 1095 53

Is there a picutre of this new part?

The Disc leveling kit is # 502-8001-R2.

#4181 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

3: new thingymapbob for the disc

Is their an official new marvel ramp plastic from Stern? I know people were making their own.

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

First thing I do before I put a game on a new Stern is go into the settings and turn the screech off.

Me too. It sounds terrible and it startles me.

20210103_145505 (resized).jpg20210103_145505 (resized).jpg
#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I just unboxed today and added the shaker before playing for a few hours. It's very lightly implemented right now for sure, I imagine it'll get more ques in future updates to polish it off.

#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Getting a lot of pms on the custom code with video so lmk post here....
I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.
Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....
I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.
share away!

Only think I want replaced is the soul gem
Start
It’s terrible !!

#4185 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

3: new thingymapbob for the disc

What’s the new plastic for ? Is there a way to get the updated subway if yours isn’t broken ? Mine seems fine but I am sure it will break at some point

#4186 3 years ago

Put in a lot of games over the long weekend. Now using PinMonk Pin Monk flipper coil fans and anytime I check the coil temps (with my finger!) they are not even warm to the touch! Before installing the fans - after some 1 to 2 to 3+ hour nonstop playing sessions they would be very hot!

Was able to get my best so far on Combos and High Score!

Still haven't defeated Battle Royale in the game, while I have done pretty well in the mini game. I think your life goes quicker in the real game, or I'm trying too hard...

IMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9849 (resized).JPGIMG_9849 (resized).JPG
#4187 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Put in a lot of games over the long weekend. Now using vireland Pin Monk flipper coil fans and anytime I check the coil temps (with my finger!) they are not even warm to the touch! Before installing the fans - after some 1 to 2 to 3+ hour nonstop playing sessions they would be very hot!
Was able to get my best so far on Combos and High Score!

That's great to hear! With the fans it's held the coils in the 100-110F range in all the testing on many machines now, so fade isn't holding anyone with these cooling kits back from seeing more of the game - it's all down to skill at that point.

#4188 3 years ago

Late to the party finally got some time to dive into IQ Premium. Damn I'm impressed. A mix of everything, Deadpool, Elwin & lots of fun Cirqus Voltaire/Theater of Magic vibes. I hoped for Elwin does Deadpool and definitely got it. Can't wait to dive in some more. I purposely ignored all reviews and video content until busting it open btw, made for a great fun experience.

What's common concensus on the game? Do I read back? Do I care? lol...back to playing...

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's great to hear! With the fans it's held the coils in the 100-110F range in all the testing on many machines now, so fade isn't holding anyone with these cooling kits back from seeing more of the game - it's all down to skill at that point.

Do you have temperature readings for the upper flipper? Or are you thinking since it’s lower power it won’t get hot enough to warrant concern?

I’m also wondering if there is a correlation between coil stops going bad and high temps. I’ve seen a coil stop un-weld (if that is the correct term) on the lower right flipper on a low plays JP before. Can’t help but think that it would accelerate the failure mode.

#4190 3 years ago

From Stern Union of the Address :

Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.95.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#4191 3 years ago

Sweet! I’m still on 0.93 here I’ll update to .96 when it drops, great way to start 2021.

#4192 3 years ago

Welp, after about 250 amazing plays or so (God is this game good!) my AIQ Prem won't turn on anymore. For the last week or so I've had to toggle it a couple times for it to boot. Now I hit the switch and nothing. I've opened up the head and I'm seeing power to the CPU board and the PSU board (I think, the one in the bottom right with the huge capacitors). I'll be reaching out to my distributor and/or Stern but wanted to check here first to see if I'm missing something obvious. When I flip the switch, I'm hearing two clicks from the PSU most of the time, though sometimes I get up to four. I can't be sure but I thought it was only clicking once when it was working. My only other machine is a JP Pro and the PSU only clicks once every time it comes on. I'm thinking about swapping the PSU from JP over to test but anything obvious I'm missing before I try that?

#4193 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Welp, after about 250 amazing plays or so (God is this game good!) my AIQ Prem won't turn on anymore. For the last week or so I've had to toggle it a couple times for it to boot. Now I hit the switch and nothing. I've opened up the head and I'm seeing power to the CPU board and the PSU board (I think, the one in the bottom right with the huge capacitors). I'll be reaching out to my distributor and/or Stern but wanted to check here first to see if I'm missing something obvious. When I flip the switch, I'm hearing two clicks from the PSU most of the time, though sometimes I get up to four. I can't be sure but I thought it was only clicking once when it was working. My only other machine is a JP Pro and the PSU only clicks once every time it comes on. I'm thinking about swapping the PSU from JP over to test but anything obvious I'm missing before I try that?

Are all the same lights on your AIQ when compared to your JP? Backbox and under the playfield? That was my first check when I had issues with my BM66 and I realised I was missing a green light on a node.

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Do you have temperature readings for the upper flipper? Or are you thinking since it’s lower power it won’t get hot enough to warrant concern?
I’m also wondering if there is a correlation between coil stops going bad and high temps. I’ve seen a coil stop un-weld (if that is the correct term) on the lower right flipper on a low plays JP before. Can’t help but think that it would accelerate the failure mode.

A bad stop would probably increase temps, but that's not the issue with the vast majority of flipper coils. Coil temperatures are essentially caused by electrical resistance caused by heat over time. As the wires in the coil heat up, it makes resistance to the flow of electricity increase, which requires more power for the same work, which makes more heat.

I hadn't tested the upper flippers on any of the machines initially because the main flippers were the ones that were easily noticed as fading. But with the upper flipper on Rick and Morty clocking temps in excess of 180F on long play sessions, I'll be testing all flippers now.

#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

SD Card. Get a good one. Make a new image on it using the images in stern's support area, try that. A very common point of failure because Stern uses crappy cards.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

#4196 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Yeah, I had to change the flipper coil stops (and sleeves) on my Deadpool at around 300 games as they were literally about to fall apart.

I changed them out on my AIQ around 500 games... more preventative maintenance in this case, though the right flipper coil stop "nipple" could rotate and wiggle a bit at that point.

#4197 3 years ago

Are there higher quality coil stops to buy? How do I know that I'm not buying a crappy one?

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Are there higher quality coil stops to buy? How do I know that I'm not buying a crappy one?

The pinball life ones hold up really well for me.

#4199 3 years ago

IMG_4048 (resized).jpgIMG_4048 (resized).jpg

#4200 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

This one won't scratch the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Trade
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

8,924 (OBO)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/84?hl=steele67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.