IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 256.
#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

I love maiden's layout but absolutely hate the theme. Unless you love maiden, def dump it over JP which is the best stern ever (although I love JP).....

AIQ is really good and is a theme I actually like (not love). I wish stern would retheme maiden. I remember looking at the pro turned off and wishing it wasn't so ugly. I actually put in the prem translite b/c it's much better (although pro is all that was needed for me). Great game though. Keith is a beast. I like eric too which is why I have POTC GnR LE AIQ and JP2!

#4102 3 years ago

Anyone else have this happen to their subway lock?

4943D622-48D0-4C91-8BF0-9D0D38EBD782 (resized).jpeg4943D622-48D0-4C91-8BF0-9D0D38EBD782 (resized).jpeg0DB19F1F-6621-4BC1-B605-EAC949673622 (resized).jpeg0DB19F1F-6621-4BC1-B605-EAC949673622 (resized).jpeg
#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomshockalocka:

Anyone else have this happen to their subway lock?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very common. Request a warranty replacement from Stern. There's a DIY fix in the topic index for this thread to keep the mech running while you wait for a replacement mech from Stern.

#4104 3 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

The Avengers have landed on my playfield [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great

#4105 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Would keep Maiden and dump JP for AIQ. Have known way too many people that sold IMDN and regretted it, ended up getting another. Maiden is also out of production and may be difficult to get ahold of in the future, JP is still in production.

THIS! I second this!

I have IMDN and AIQ and they will never be leaving.

#4106 3 years ago

My third flipper takes a beating and the rubber is starting to tear. Opinions on replacement rubber. i am planning on doing all three flippers.

#4107 3 years ago

Does anyone have a tip on the best way to loosen the white plastic adjustment jam nut under the disc? I'm putting in the Stern fix for an uneven disc and one of the steps is to loosen that plastic nut but it's super tight. I don't think I can get it by hand but I also don't want to break it with a wrench. Any ideas?

Edit: Never mind. Wrench worked!!!

4A7A3C15-65D7-4D1C-B0F3-73E1A1222012 (resized).jpeg4A7A3C15-65D7-4D1C-B0F3-73E1A1222012 (resized).jpeg

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium?

Yes. I have both. Avengers is great. Maiden may be my favorite game of all time though. Just too damned good to part with.

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Getting a lot of pms on the custom code with video so lmk post here....
I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.
Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....
I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.
share away!

I dont use these modded codes so please take this as a suggestion, not a criticism. You should check out the Avengers Assembled series on Disney plus. My son watches it and it mathes the art styoe of the games REALLY WELL. I think some of the voice actors are even the same. There is a whole season dedicated to Thanos and the gems. I had hopes that Stern was going tonuse clips from this show. Worth checking out. Matches the esthetic nicely.

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love maiden's layout but absolutely hate the theme. Unless you love maiden, def dump it over JP which is the best stern ever (although I love JP).....
AIQ is really good and is a theme I actually like (not love). I wish stern would retheme maiden. I remember looking at the pro turned off and wishing it wasn't so ugly. I actually put in the prem translite b/c it's much better (although pro is all that was needed for me). Great game though. Keith is a beast. I like eric too which is why I have POTC GnR LE AIQ and JP2!

Crazy speak lol. Maiden is beautiful. Better art than Avengers imo.

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Crazy speak lol. Maiden is beautiful. Better art than Avengers imo.

Overall yes, but I am not in love with drum major eddie on the premium translite. Drives me crazy.

#4112 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone have a tip on the best way to loosen the white plastic adjustment jam nut under the disc? I'm putting in the Stern fix for an uneven disc and one of the steps is to loosen that plastic nut but it's super tight. I don't think I can get it by hand but I also don't want to break it with a wrench. Any ideas?
Edit: Never mind. Wrench worked!!!
[quoted image]

For those who struggled loosen the white plastic adjustment nut, I’ve used anti-slip working gloves and it was very easy!

https://addison-electronique.com/en/products/hardware-tools/gloves-hardware-and-tools/work-gloves-gloves/pair-of-gloves-polyester-latex-larges/

#4113 3 years ago

A lot more divisive replies than I was expecting haha. Since the next builds aren't until March maybe I'll just put a deposit down and decide what to sell once the game is ready. Knowing me I'll probably end up not selling anything

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

A lot more divisive replies than I was expecting haha. Since the next builds aren't until March maybe I'll just put a deposit down and decide what to sell once the game is ready. Knowing me I'll probably end up not selling anything

I had a Maiden Pro for two years and loved it. Recently sold it to get AIQ Pro. I can only have one pin, wanted a change and the family and I are a lot more into AIQ's theme. It still has deep rules and ways to approach the game (plus the code is still evolving), just like Maiden. Both are great games. I think you're good either way.

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My pro is exactly the same. Looking at the pdf ( which seems to be only for the prem/LE! ) it's hard to see how the replacement part fixes it? Has anyone fitted the replacement that somehow fixes the issue?

Bumping my own post, has anyone fitted the magic levelling bush?

#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I have the part but have had no time yet to do it

#4117 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Overall yes, but I am not in love with drum major eddie on the premium translite. Drives me crazy.

Im all about that sweet, sweet pro model. I really dislike the premium theme. Different strokes...

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Any idea when we are getting our replacement subways U.K. side?

#4119 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I put it in last night and was really happy with the result. Pretty easy install too.

Before there was a very noticeable raised lip on one side of mine and the ball would often hit it and get redirected. Playing last night after installing the fix the ball was rolling straight over the disc. Here are before and after pics from mine. Maybe still not exactly absolutely 100% flush if you measured closely but it’s pretty level now and it did the job & got my desired result of the ball now rolling straight over the disc without deflecting.

C0B21117-B9CD-4E2A-8C8C-CC45534CC9F0 (resized).jpegC0B21117-B9CD-4E2A-8C8C-CC45534CC9F0 (resized).jpegFC8A5228-CFC5-478A-AC04-22720D3BB1B5 (resized).jpegFC8A5228-CFC5-478A-AC04-22720D3BB1B5 (resized).jpeg
#4120 3 years ago

The first post holding the rubber that the ball bounces off of when it comes back down the Black Panther orbit after a weak shot had come loose/unscrewed on mine. So when the ball hit it the post was wobbling and I wasn’t getting consistent bounces from it. It was a pain to get at it but I used blue Loctite and screwed it back in. Big improvement in how the ball comes off it for me now.

Might be worth checking your post there occasionally to make sure it’s still tight.

#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

Yes. Sell something else and own all 3 Elwin's!

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I remember looking at the pro turned off and wishing it wasn't so ugly. I actually put in the prem translite b/c it's much better

Quoted from PinMonk:

HA! I just ordered the pro translite to replace the drum major and some dark blue t-moulding. We could've just exchanged them, @Delt31!

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I put it in last night and was really happy with the result. Pretty easy install too.
Before there was a very noticeable raised lip on one side of mine and the ball would often hit it and get redirected. Playing last night after installing the fix the ball was rolling straight over the disc. Here are before and after pics from mine. Maybe still not exactly absolutely 100% flush if you measured closely but it’s pretty level now and it did the job & got my desired result of the ball now rolling straight over the disc without deflecting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Eaglepin. How exactly did it level the disc? was it just a replacement for a badly manufactured bush?

#4124 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any idea when we are getting our replacement subways U.K. side?

No idea, the fix for my subway was easy, buy the model without one! . Seriously, I was all in on a premium until I saw a few videos of how that mech operated, chunking the ball along as it does 1 space at a time. I knew it would get on my nerves so went pro.

#4125 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks Eaglepin. How exactly did it level the disc? was it just a replacement for a badly manufactured bush?

That would be my guess since that part is the only thing that changed in the process, but I don’t know for sure.

#4126 3 years ago

Anyone working on a mod to stop the amount of bleeding from the stones on the gauntlet? It’s pretty bad.

#4127 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone working on a mod to stop the amount of bleeding from the stones on the gauntlet? It’s pretty bad.

It's also weird how Stern molded that gauntlet's gem holes. Instead of oval holes that follow most of the gem and leave a small lip, they just routed circular holes in the center. It's why it looks weird lit with the translucent crappy approximation of gems with a dot of light in the middle instead of the whole gem lighting up.

Does anyone have a picture of the "flex LED board" from inside the gauntlet? I was considering making a ColorDMD-like gasket, but Stern wants $50 for that board so I could test fit and I'd have to make a LOT of gaskets up front to hit the factory minimum, so I decided there wasn't enough of a market to break even...

#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Is there any talk of a completely re-sculpted gauntlet?

#4129 3 years ago

Remember Keith saying he has designed the gauntlet in a way that modders have an easy time?
Yesterday i was looking at the gaunlet, and thought i just have to accept this cheap ugly mustard glove
Unfortunately the lights are also a really bad design choice, every 20 cent plastic crystal would have looked so much cooler.

#4130 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there any talk of a completely re-sculpted gauntlet?

I'm experimenting with vacuum-metallizing gold-plating it with actual gems, but I haven't heard of anyone making a whole new one.

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Remember Keith saying he has designed the gauntlet in a way that modders have an easy time?
Yesterday i was looking at the gaunlet, and thought i just have to accept this cheap ugly mustard glove
Unfortunately the lights are also a really bad design choice, every 20 cent plastic crystal would have looked so much cooler.

And they're super-glued in with posts. They can be removed without ruining the gauntlet, but it's not easy at all.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

It’s these sort of comments from Stern staff that make me think the whole EULA is just paying lip service to the paranoid licensors.

#4133 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does anyone have a picture of the "flex LED board" from inside the gauntlet? I was considering making a ColorDMD-like gasket, but Stern wants $50 for that board so I could test fit and I'd have to make a LOT of gaskets up front to hit the factory minimum, so I decided there wasn't enough of a market to break even...

If you needed a minimum number of buyers to make it worth while id be happy to add my name to the list. Ive bought several of the Pinmonk mods and they are solid. Some even essential imo. Pm me if you need to take deposits or something because i whole-heartedly support this project.

Edit: I was just talking with my gf and neither of us even really bother to look at the gauntlet as its hard to tell what is lit and what isn't. I wish they would at least change the gems to lit or unlit, the pulsing or not pulsing is dumb and unclear with all the light bleed. The gems are also so unevenly lit. Some light so much brighter than others.

#4134 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If you needed a minimum number of buyers to make it worth while id be happy to add my name to the list. Ive bought several of the Pinmonk mods and they are solid. Some even essential imo. Pm me if you need to take deposits or something because i whole-heartedly support this project.

Yeah, I don't want to mess with deposits or anything since I'm not even sure of the outcome. I'll go back and try to nail down more accurate costs so I know what it would be. I'm in the middle of a ColorDMD gasket rerun with the factory right now, so it's actually not a bad time.

#4135 3 years ago

Have had A:IQ for about a month now. It's my second pin after STAR WARS. Does anyone else have issues with the balls flying everywhere? On SW I have never had a ball leave the playfield, but with this machine I have balls
flying everywhere, jumping onto rails and occasionally hitting glass. Is that normal?

#4136 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Have had A:IQ for about a month now. It's my second pin after STAR WARS. Does anyone else have issues with the balls flying everywhere? On SW I have never had a ball leave the playfield, but with this machine I have balls
flying everywhere, jumping onto rails and occasionally hitting glass. Is that normal?

I get a few airballs but not a ton. I have had a few land in the rails. Check your spinner disc to make sure its really level with playfield. I believe that is a source of many airballs.

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I do get more airballs on this game than any other that I own, I did adjust the spinner disc but i think its about the same for me. I have had several that jumped up on a rail but don't worry the glass won't break. I doubt anyone has seen that happen during play.

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And they're super-glued in with posts. They can be removed without ruining the gauntlet, but it's not easy at all.

The gauntlet and the opaque gems are really disappointing in an otherwise excellent game.

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

It happens on some games. You should see the balls on Hot Wheels . On Avengers I personally am not having that problem. Try playing also with lowering flipper strength a little and see if that helps. Also is your table raised high for faster (though slightly wilder) play?

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think it all depends where you're from and what your taste is, personally I grew up with Iron Maiden and I love the theme, been waiting for years following the rumors about a Maiden pin coming out, and when it did, blindly bought the LE. Even though it's a difficult pin, I love playing it, and it looks awesome.
That said I from Europe, and Maiden was/is pretty huge here, in the States probably not that much.
On the other hand I literally don't have anything with themes like The Walking Dead, The Munsters, Stranger Things, Ninja Turtles or whatever other series, simply because I don't watch it, I might be wrong, but it's probably not that popular here.
On top of that, I think those themes are probably very short term, I don't think anybody will remember stranger things in a few years? I had to google what it was when the pin came out, but then again, maybe I just live under a rock
I read also a lot that most people rather have movieclips in the display, I totally disagree, I rather see some great animations, loved the Deadpool animations.

Anyway, to each his theme I guess, I thought the Turtle pin looked pretty cool, but I just couldn't get over the stupid voices and music. Same goes for the Avengers, but the pin looks so amazing that I just had to buy it. So far except for the few issues it's a lot of fun playing it.
I wouldn't mind if they just made a great unlicensed theme, just something made up, nice sound and graphics, and good play.

#4141 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also weird how Stern molded that gauntlet's gem holes. Instead of oval holes that follow most of the gem and leave a small lip, they just routed circular holes in the center. It's why it looks weird lit with the translucent crappy approximation of gems with a dot of light in the middle instead of the whole gem lighting up.

I’ve got my glass off fitting cliffys give me an hour and I’ll post a pic here Vic.

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Bend the stand up targets slightly forward should solve your problem short term.

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

.......I'd have to make a LOT of gaskets up front to hit the factory minimum, so I decided there wasn't enough of a market to break even...

If you make a universal gauntlet that fits the pro and prem/le alike I would think the market would be relatively large. I know I would buy it for my pro.

#4144 3 years ago

Okay cliffys and rubbers completely changed, anyone know how to whip the gauntlet out quick without taking everything on the backboard out.

#4145 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

If you make a universal gauntlet that fits the pro and prem/le alike I would think the market would be relatively large. I know I would buy it for my pro.

A molded, well done gauntlet for the pro would be a giant upgrade and sell to virtually every pro owner.

#4146 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Id buy one for my Premium.

#4147 3 years ago

Added a few ordaments, pretty happy with the results.

20210101_151541 (resized).jpg20210101_151541 (resized).jpg
#4148 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Added a few ordaments, pretty happy with the results.
[quoted image]

Where is the Hulk?

#4149 3 years ago
15E6F136-9293-46E5-946F-B0921955C361 (resized).jpeg15E6F136-9293-46E5-946F-B0921955C361 (resized).jpeg6203F5F3-A846-4461-8325-3F43FF1FE7C5 (resized).jpeg6203F5F3-A846-4461-8325-3F43FF1FE7C5 (resized).jpeg77E29D8F-E6A1-41BF-BDE1-166B4E318566 (resized).jpeg77E29D8F-E6A1-41BF-BDE1-166B4E318566 (resized).jpegAF32589C-7FA7-4AB7-84D7-136514CB26E3 (resized).jpegAF32589C-7FA7-4AB7-84D7-136514CB26E3 (resized).jpeg
#4150 3 years ago

My son plays this game every day, he is getting very good. He currently holds GC and lets me know it. My oldest daughter is home from college and is trying to put him in his place. They play every day and my son kicks her ass every time. I found her playing alone, which never happens, to get better. She hates that her brother is better and is working to right her world. Love this pin!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 19.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/83?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.