IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 253.
#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People go crazy and stick aftermarket, die-cut giant plastic mylar sheets over their playfields to "protect" them, and it usually is a bad idea, especially once playfields were clearcoated. He helped his buddy come to his senses and remove it from his playfield, restoring the way it was intended to play.

Couldn't agree more, playfield protectors are for people who put plastic sheets over their furniture. They play, and look like crap, and collect dirt under the edges, that can actually wear those areas more than no protector at all.

WASTE OF MONEY.

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Best 2 mods for this game! they look a million times better and solves a few of issues. The plastic that always breaks, the angle of the plastic, and the cheap looking plastics that make the buildings. [quoted image]

Yup both mods are absolute must haves IMO. They both work great after Mezel mods fixed the issues with them.

#4054 3 years ago

Changing the sanctum is such an improvement.

#4055 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Changing the sanctum is such an improvement.

My worry with the Mezel Sanctum is that it still sits on top of that floppy pop plastic. It's just going to wobble around there. We need someone to design a replacement pop plastic, or just a piece that sits between the one way gate on the left and the post on the rigt - then the plastic can sit on top of that.

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My worry with the Mezel Sanctum is that it still sits on top of that floppy pop plastic. It's just going to wobble around there. We need someone to design a replacement pop plastic, or just a piece that sits between the one way gate on the left and the post on the rigt - then the plastic can sit on top of that.

I’ve had the Mezel sanctum on my pin for a while now and after 500 plays I haven’t had any issues.

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone getting crazy sanctum air balls? I hit it straight on and the ball launches all over the table.

Yep I get big air balls off the sanctum target. A few have flown all the way back and into the right outlane. I’ve started occasionally using my hand to lightly pull the top of the target forward a bit to try to angle it a bit down. That seems to help for a few days until it leans back again. When balls start air balling off it again I just pull the top of the target forward again.

I haven’t yet looked into a way to try to shim it so it stays leaning more forward. Also, I haven’t had a chance yet to install the fix kit for the disc being off level. Balls hitting the disc lip could be contributing to it also, but it does seem to get better after I pull it forward.

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep I get big air balls off the sanctum target. A few have flown all the way back and into the right outlane. I’ve started occasionally using my hand to lightly pull the top of the target forward a bit to try to angle it a bit down. That seems to help for a few days until it leans back again. When balls start air balling off it again I just pull the top of the target forward again.
I haven’t yet looked into a way to try to shim it so it stays leaning more forward. Also, I haven’t had a chance yet to install the fix kit for the disc being off level. Balls hitting the disc lip could be contributing to it also, but it does seem to get better after I pull it forward.

Get the swinks target bracket that is made angled down a few degrees. Killed massive airballs dead on Ghostbusters, probably would work here, too.

#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

as PinMonk said I did a bracket mod - 3d printed metal ones and at the link explains the use and theory and has helped many people solve air ball issues.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

#4060 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve had the Mezel sanctum on my pin for a while now and after 500 plays I haven’t had any issues.

The pop bumper plastic is so thin and soft that the existing vertical plastic with the lights on it just bounces around. And mine actually droops down to the left. I’m assuming with the Mezel building it’ll do the same, maybe even worse.

Someone needs to make a clear plastic piece that is the same shape as the pop plastic, but also anchors on the left gate and right post. I mocked up a small piece using an old Indy500 plastic (which incidentally is about 4* as thick as the Stern piece) and it works perfectly and it only anchors on the left gate and lhs screw on the pop.

04279886-90CA-48DD-B32B-3DDF4FF48D69 (resized).jpeg04279886-90CA-48DD-B32B-3DDF4FF48D69 (resized).jpeg3F34FDCD-629E-4476-8CED-626A8768C6DF (resized).jpeg3F34FDCD-629E-4476-8CED-626A8768C6DF (resized).jpeg
#4061 3 years ago

This is what it looked like before....

82D25B3A-37D0-4294-9043-388CCBCFA0FE (resized).jpeg82D25B3A-37D0-4294-9043-388CCBCFA0FE (resized).jpeg
#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This is what it looked like before....
[quoted image]

That's not right at all. Seems like the plastic is hung up on the post to the right of the sanctum target...

#4063 3 years ago

Hopefully HOOKED can make his usual killer pop cap upgrades for AIQ!

His pop caps upgrades for TRON, Deadpool and Ironman are amazing upgrades!

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not right at all. Seems like the plastic is hung up on the post to the right of the sanctum target...

No, completely clear of everything underneath.

Admittedly the plastic was even more bent when I got it - took it off completely and straightened as much as I could using a hair dryer, but that photo is even after the straightening. The plastic is so thin it’s ridiculous. Every time The ball is in the pops It bounces around.

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, completely clear. The plastic was even more bent when I got it - took it off completely and straightened as much as I could using a hair dryer, but that photo is even after the straightening. The plastic is so thin it’s ridiculous.

It IS thin, and the sign design is not great (which is why I had to make a brace that fits around the mini post to hold it steady), but it looks like there's something else wrong with yours. Mine did not look like that, at all. The sign just drooped forward from the lack of support.

#4066 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It IS thin, and the sign design is not great (which is why I had to make a brace that fits around the mini post to hold it steady), but it looks like there's something else wrong with yours. Mine did not look like that, at all. The sign just drooped forward from the lack of support.

It definitely had been warped and I’ll probably hit up my distro for a replacement, but won’t fix the inherent problem that the plastic is too thin, the whole construction on top is too heavy and it’s not supported by anything underneath.

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Good call, but I think that left me with a question. I recorded a video in test-is this normal behaviour (ball not held at switch 47):

I have exactly the same issue, on mine it was because the pin plate is so thin that it slides aside of the bracket that should push it up, therefor the ball rolls just a bit too far and the sensor does not see it anymore. This also causes when you have a portal lock and start the soul gem mode (which normally only releases 1 ball) to just wait for the ball search and then throw both balls out. Contacted stern, they say I need to ask a new walking mechanism, but to be honest I think it will just do the same. The plates need to be thicker, also the coil doesn't pull the coil straight back, so it will bend the plates and just cause it to be worse.

#4068 3 years ago

I'm having trouble finding past posts... what was the recommended fix for brutal outlines? Star post? And should I replace the outlane post or the one dividing the outlane and the inlane to the flippers?

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

what was the recommended fix for brutal outlines? Star post? And should I replace the outlane post or the one dividing the outlane and the inlane to the flippers?

Here you go...it doesn't help too much! Don't install between the outlane/inlane or it will obstruct the ball!!

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

#4070 3 years ago

I believe I've been experiencing "Flipper Fade", especially when my son comes over and we have 3-4 hour continuous play sessions, so I ordered PinMonk Pinmonk's Tibetan Breeze Flipper Coil Cooling Kit.

Super fast shipping and an easy install. Only got one game in last night after the install, so I hope to give them a thorough workout this New Year's weekend and will report back.

Please note power was off for the install... powered up to make sure everything was good and got some pics before lowering the playfield.

IMG_9800 (resized).JPGIMG_9800 (resized).JPGIMG_9802 (resized).JPGIMG_9802 (resized).JPGIMG_9803 (resized).JPGIMG_9803 (resized).JPG

#4071 3 years ago

I'm going to put in a pre-order for a premium in March. (This will add to my Marvel Pinball Universe - GOTG, SM, Avengers Hulk, X-Men Magneto, Deadpool LE.) I have not been able to read the entire forum postings, does anyone know if some of the issues, like subway welds or the left plastic added to the left side of the vertical ramp to stop the ball from hitting the metal and bouncing down will be fixed or improved?

Based on some of the recent posts, it looks like the mezel mods for the avengers tower and sanctum building are good mods to get.

I'll probably buy a Stern topper and game blades. Is the Stern plunger worth getting? Is the shaker worth getting?

I usually buy Cliffy protectors for all my games so probably need to do so on this game as well. It would be great to get a NIB game and not have to take the game apart immediately to protect it and especially not to fix it.

I wish if I ordered Stern stuff (shaker, game blades, new side armor), they would put it on at the factory, then it would be worth it.

I usually overdo it on mods. On this game I am trying to get the bare minimum if possible.

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I believe I've been experiencing "Flipper Fade", especially when my son comes over and we have 3-4 hour continuous play sessions, so I ordered vireland Pinmonk's Tibetan Breeze Flipper Coil Cooling Kit.
Super fast shipping and an easy install. Only got one game in last night after the install, so I hope to give them a thorough workout this New Year's weekend and will report back.
Please note power was off for the install... powered up to make sure everything was good and got some pics before lowering the playfield.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#4073 3 years ago

Something is wrong with my subway and balls getting stuck. When doing the switch test, the ball briefly stops at switch 49 and 48... However, when the ball comes up to Switch 47, it registers quickly, but doesn't pause like the other two switches. When watching other people's videos including the Stern teaser, the ball briefly stops at the last stop before reaching the VUK. I’ve already replaced the subway and the walker assembly... What do you guys think? Can someone run the test and tell me if all 3 switches (49, 48, 47) light up the same amount of time during the test... or does switch 47 flash very quickly, unlike the other two switches.

I wonder what can be causing this...

#4075 3 years ago

That is an interesting development... Care to share more?!?!?

#4076 3 years ago

On a completely different topic, no doubt mundane compared to showing movie footage during the high score screens:

Has anyone played with the settings tied to the DJ mod? I happened to find it, and it had selections for the background. I can't recall the exact options, but I think it was random, psychadelic + others. There was a 'blank' option, and I made the bad (curious) choice for "blank"... Now, when I choose DJ mode from holding both flippers, the machine freezes, and I get a 'restart notification', and the machine completely reboots. Obviously a bug, but now I can't find the option in the system settings to change it... It doesn't affect any another aspects of the game, so luckily not really a problem.

Anyone want to give it a shot and report out? I have a PRO in case that matters....

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

That is an interesting development... Care to share more?!?!?

I've injected movie clips into the code like I've done with other titles (JP2, etc). No timetable on this but I'm digging the game and might put more in.

#4078 3 years ago

Looks great I’d watch that constantly on my screen as that’s really awesome. Cool stuff.

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've injected movie clips into the code like I've done with other titles (JP2, etc). No timetable on this but I'm digging the game and might put more in.

Impressive. So what are the limitations? Physical size of storage? Time windows (only so many seconds of video)? Or is it more complicated than that? Pretty damn cool in any case. Is this a business venture or more just of a hobby?

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Impressive. So what are the limitations? Physical size of storage? Time windows (only so many seconds of video)? Or is it more complicated than that? Pretty damn cool in any case. Is this a business venture or more just of a hobby?

Def just hobby. I never charge for my releases. Never taken a penny. Will do the same with this once I release.

#4081 3 years ago

Has anyone mentioned Avengers Tower magnet drop ball path issues? The last several days more of the balls don't roll down directly to the flipper, but actually bounce out in front of the flipper making it difficult to make contact after the flip. Just now, my tower drop rolled directly into the open portal lock without a flip. I don't see any issue with the tower path; and it isn't every ball. But it is happening with more regularity now.

#4082 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Def just hobby. I never charge for my releases. Never taken a penny. Will do the same with this once I release.

Bellissimo. awesome work done on jp2, on avengers it will be fantastic .... thanks for existing

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Has anyone mentioned Avengers Tower magnet drop ball path issues? The last several days more of the balls don't roll down directly to the flipper, but actually bounce out in front of the flipper making it difficult to make contact after the flip. Just now, my tower drop rolled directly into the open portal lock without a flip. I don't see any issue with the tower path; and it isn't every ball. But it is happening with more regularity now.

Slo-mo film it with a camera phone. Should show up what's happening then you can post the fix.

#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from LMTLESS:

Something is wrong with my subway and balls getting stuck. When doing the switch test, the ball briefly stops at switch 49 and 48... However, when the ball comes up to Switch 47, it registers quickly, but doesn't pause like the other two switches. When watching other people's videos including the Stern teaser, the ball briefly stops at the last stop before reaching the VUK. I’ve already replaced the subway and the walker assembly... What do you guys think? Can someone run the test and tell me if all 3 switches (49, 48, 47) light up the same amount of time during the test... or does switch 47 flash very quickly, unlike the other two switches.
I wonder what can be causing this...

look 6 posts up of yours...

#4085 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I have exactly the same issue, on mine it was because the pin plate is so thin that it slides aside of the bracket that should push it up, therefor the ball rolls just a bit too far and the sensor does not see it anymore. This also causes when you have a portal lock and start the soul gem mode (which normally only releases 1 ball) to just wait for the ball search and then throw both balls out. Contacted stern, they say I need to ask a new walking mechanism, but to be honest I think it will just do the same. The plates need to be thicker, also the coil doesn't pull the coil straight back, so it will bend the plates and just cause it to be worse.

Make the request. They've changed the mechanism so it works better from what's been reported.

#4086 3 years ago

The Avengers have landed on my playfield

20201226_170917 (resized).jpg20201226_170917 (resized).jpg20201226_174613 (resized).jpg20201226_174613 (resized).jpg20201226_192721 (resized).jpg20201226_192721 (resized).jpg20201226_192732 (resized).jpg20201226_192732 (resized).jpg20201226_192740 (resized).jpg20201226_192740 (resized).jpg20201226_192743 (resized).jpg20201226_192743 (resized).jpg20201226_192748 (resized).jpg20201226_192748 (resized).jpg20201226_193109 (resized).jpg20201226_193109 (resized).jpg20201226_201528 (resized).jpg20201226_201528 (resized).jpg
#4087 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I believe I've been experiencing "Flipper Fade", especially when my son comes over and we have 3-4 hour continuous play sessions, so I ordered vireland Pinmonk's Tibetan Breeze Flipper Coil Cooling Kit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a link for this? And how much?

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Do you have a link for this? And how much?

https://pinmonk.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest

I installed the same fans. Super easy to install.

#4089 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice. This will be great when you finish it.

Can you add the AC/DC song to the Iron-Man multi-ball mode? Perhaps some others as well?

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Nice. This will be great when you finish it.
Can you add the AC/DC song to the Iron-Man multi-ball mode? Perhaps some others as well?

Immigrant Song to Thor multiball would be killer as well!

#4091 3 years ago

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

#4092 3 years ago

Getting a lot of pms on the custom code with video so lmk post here....

I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.

Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....

I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.

share away!

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I plan on injecting music as well so yes, iron man and other great music will be in it. The theme no doubt will be in. I do like a lot of the existing music and I doubt I'll get into the voice replacements bc I don't mind them.
share away!

Yeah, the voices aren't bad overall. The only one that really bugged me was Tony Stark's.

#4094 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not nearly as passionate about avengers as jurassic park and even with that, it's time consuming so no timeline on this but I will share what I have when ready and don't want any donations although I continue to be thankful for the many that have offered. This is a great community.
Short term, can you guys continue making suggestions on what would be great to have in it? I really don't know the movies very well....
share away!

Are you at all worried about Stern's new EULA? I'm assuming at this point that you are not.

#4095 3 years ago

Captain America sounds like a wimp.

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

share away!

I think Cleland and help with the custom voices and some other areas if needed. I just sent him a text msg.

So if Vireland starts it then Cleland can touch it all up.

Its an amazing pin! Haven't loved a pin like this in sometime like TWD.

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Are you at all worried about Stern's new EULA? I'm assuming at this point that you are not.

He's not selling anything or trying to make money off of his work, so not sure the EULA applies.

EDIT: Just read the updated EULA and it may "apply", but extremely difficult to enforce if as stated above they are not trying to sell anything. We the owners of the pinball machine, can pick and choose to utilize "unauthorized" updates at our own discretion. If we do it in the privacy of our own house, I don't see any problems.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Would I be a crazy person to sell my Maiden to buy Avengers Premium? I love Maiden, but in terms of theme Avengers is way more up my alley. I have JP Prem as well, which kind of scratches the same itch as Maiden anyway.

Would keep Maiden and dump JP for AIQ. Have known way too many people that sold IMDN and regretted it, ended up getting another. Maiden is also out of production and may be difficult to get ahold of in the future, JP is still in production.

#4099 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

share away!

Gotto have the movie SFX for ironmans repulsors, the factory sound sucks in comparison.

#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Simple answer yes. I currently have a Maiden Pro and JP Premium and waiting on my AIQ Premium, but safe to say these three aren't ever leaving my collection which will only consist of four pins at the most. Maiden has been fantastic and there also one of my favorite bands of all time, and then recently getting JP I'm even more wowed with how awesome Elwin's pins are. Avengers is my ultimate theme so I have a feeling I'm going to be completely blown away once I start playing it. I think everyone would say these are three of the top pins out right now. All play fantastic and none of them are easy by any means which is great for us home players. The left outlane on IM and JP drive me nuts though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.