04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 255.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks. I sent a message to Zach at FNO as well. Id like someone local as my old guy would personally deliver and setup the game for me(for a fee). Now I have to learn how to get it down my stairs and set these things up!

Just tip it over from the top of the stairs. These things are built like tanks!

#302 3 years ago

ugh Im so annoyed. Had a premium set up for that first run. Now Im scrambling to find one for the second run. Bleh! thinking about buying something else in the meantime and ill make room next year for AIQ.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m sure you have some pinsiders local to you that would be more than happy to help you out if needed for a little beer and pinball, your collection is awesome.

yea my buddy will help me out, though hes not into pinball. I need to start doing tournaments so I can meet some pinball people. Have never tried competitive pinball. Maybe ill host one myself.

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

yea my buddy will help me out, though hes not into pinball. I need to start doing tournaments so I can meet some pinball people. Have never tried competitive pinball. Maybe ill host one myself.

If you build it they will come.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you build it they will come.

motivated now. Where our field of dreams pin theme!?

#306 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/Woopi-Freeballers-Inc-1079332152257683

I started with one pin and played Pingolf on it with 9 different goals. We had a ball, now there's 12 or more pins in the Sunday comps, small prize box i fill at the $2 shop with trinkets.

Matchplay takes all the work out of setting up and running for a small yearly fee.

https://matchplay.events/app

We do a Sunday afternoon, with some nibblies and beers. Usually 6 -12 people as it's a small town and it's invite only. We have a blast.

#307 3 years ago

visited Pinball Pirate and put a couple games on the pro he has on demo. WINNER my premium will hopefully be here end of Oct or Nov.

#308 3 years ago

Harrison on Marco stream earlier-(not a gameplay stream) lots of LE’s built and shipped so far....

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Harrison on Marco stream earlier-(not a gameplay stream) lots of LE’s built and shipped so far....

Is there somewhere I can view this stream now that its done?

#310 3 years ago

OK boys, I’m a bit late to this thread but I believe I got the last LE. Waiting very impatiently but the process seems better than when I was waiting for my Monster Bash (Limited Edition). Can’t wait to get it and add it to the collection. Ordered the topper and shooter rod.

#312 3 years ago

Nice! I searched the replay. Around the 1hr 10 minute mark he says he thinks the first container of LEs shipped on Tuesday. Then says LEs started shipping Monday. So yeah, they're on the way!!!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

OK boys, I’m a bit late to this thread but I believe I got the last LE. Waiting very impatiently but the process seems better than when I was waiting for my Monster Bash (Limited Edition). Can’t wait to get it and add it to the collection. Ordered the topper and shooter rod.

Where did you manage to snag an LE this late in the game? (One thats not priced 2k over retail.....) Congratulations!

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where did you manage to snag an LE this late in the game? (One thats not priced 2k over retail.....) Congratulations!

3CBC4712-8138-4751-803C-80F7092C74A2 (resized).png3CBC4712-8138-4751-803C-80F7092C74A2 (resized).png
#315 3 years ago

Site seems broken now. When ya click it it just lets you change the price

#316 3 years ago

Went to my distro to shoot some games on the pro...
I’m not even gonna waste time talking about how good it was....
1 game in and I knew it’s gonna be the favourite in my collection.
JPLE, TMNT LE, Stranger things LE, MMr Royal, etc....
AIQ is gonna be top.
So many shots.
Just... wow.
Do not hesitate to buy this pin.
Players that love the pros, you will not be disappointed, so much going on you would think it’s a Prem.
Can’t wait for my LE, the yellow is gonna pop Noice.

B134F2B7-45EF-4EF8-BE73-C417688EDC34 (resized).jpegB134F2B7-45EF-4EF8-BE73-C417688EDC34 (resized).jpeg
#317 3 years ago

I've waited for years for this pin. It has been my dream pin for a long time. Here is my RGP post in August, 2009 asking what would be your dream pin.

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/fR5MEoUVGnQ/m/ZST0yNKb0TkJ

"The Avengers (Marvel Comics not the British television show)
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, pretty much almost every
character in the Marvel universe has been a member at one time or
another.

Movie coming out in a couple of years so there is a tie in."

Funny fact, I sold a lot of my Avengers comics to fund my pinball addiction. The movie helped me cash out on super high grade books. Life has come full circle. I'm in for the premium, and I'm going full steam on side rails, powder coating, pin blades, topper, etc....

#318 3 years ago

So if you have not seen the Marco TV vid ( link at post #311 ) and want to know what the mechs. are like in AIQ , take the time and watch it ! Lead Engineer Harrison Drake has a very good interview with all the inner workings of the game along with what its like working w/ Elwin - Riche and more . I'll save you 4 min of your life - skip to 4:42 in ! How is it I never heard of Marco TV ?

#319 3 years ago

The hype is real. Buy, buy, buy.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

The hype is real. Buy, buy, buy.

As it was with TMNT! ...And then the reports of shitty playfield printing, scratched playfields from poorly built diverters, and other issues crushed that hype. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to owning one myself but it'll likely be a year or two after waiting for the early machines to be received, quality to be confirmed, etc.

#321 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

As it was with TMNT! ...And then the reports of shitty playfield printing, scratched playfields from poorly built diverters, and other issues crushed that hype. Best to wait until the early machines are received before buy buy buying.

Too late, I'm in for an LE!

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Too late, I'm in for an LE!

Can't blame you for that! If you're interested in an LE then definitely be an early adopter - you'll easily get your money back when/if you decide to sell regardless of quality issues.

#323 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Went to my distro to shoot some games on the pro...
I’m not even gonna waste time talking about how good it was....
1 game in and I knew it’s gonna be
[quoted image]

Did player one say when they were expecting LE’s to arrive in Canada?

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

No word yet.

#325 3 years ago

Guesstimating, 2-3 weeks.

Quoted from Indusguys:

#326 3 years ago

I have a premium on order for late October with my distributor but I’m having second thoughts on it after playing the pro model in the showroom. I’m clearly in the minority of the hype club here but was not very impressed with the pro model. I got about 10-12 plays on it. While I love 3 flipper fast flowing pins, this one just seems to have too wide open of a playfield and is lacking something. Ramps are smooth flowing and playfield art looks great but I have no desire to own a pro after playing it. Hopefully the premium will be better. I’ll make my final decision when it’s on the floor and I can play it before I 100% commit to buying it. FWIW, I think TMNT pro is quite a bit more fun than AIQ pro. We will see if the premium ends up in my line up.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

I have a premium on order for late October with my distributor but I’m having second thoughts on it after playing the pro model in the showroom. I’m clearly in the minority of the hype club here but was not very impressed with the pro model. I got about 10-12 plays on it. While I love 3 flipper fast flowing pins, this one just seems to have too wide open of a playfield and is lacking something. Ramps are smooth flowing and playfield art looks great but I have no desire to own a pro after playing it. Hopefully the premium will be better. I’ll make my final decision when it’s on the floor and I can play it before I 100% commit to buying it. FWIW, I think TMNT pro is quite a bit more fun than AIQ pro. We will see if the premium ends up in my line up.

Premium it is for you. Portal lock and Marvel ramp fills in the playfield nicely i would think.

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

I'm excited about this game but haven't played it yet. Looking at your ratings it seems your favorite game is Hobbit - another 3 flipper game with a wide open playfield, smooth ramps, and great playfield art. I'm curious what you feel AIQ is lacking?

#330 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Hey @mbrave77! There is a great group of pinball players in South Jersey and in Philly who are always looking for more people to play with. Tournaments are a little scarce right now due to COVID, but we are still having meetups at Starcade in the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing on Wednesday nights. Everyone is welcome, just bring a mask! I can give you my Stern distributor, but he does not do in-home setups so not sure if it is what you are looking for.

To bring it back on thread topic, we are looking into adding an Avengers to the lineup at Level Up Entertainment in the same mall. It is a comic shop so the theme is a slam dunk, but we were leaning toward TMNT due to the Co-Op and team-based play, and it seems a little more casual-friendly. I wish Avengers would add co-op as a feature because it would help with our decision.

#331 3 years ago

LEs in full swing!

20200925_111210 (resized).jpg20200925_111210 (resized).jpg
#332 3 years ago

LEs in full swing!
[quoted image]

Nice I see mine.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Nice I see mine.

Planning to have an unboxing party?

#334 3 years ago

My line up could use a little more yellow. Great Job! Manufacturing in the middle of a pandemic. Stern can't be stopped.

#335 3 years ago

I'm in for an LE. Now - If I can just get my distributor to communicate with me a little better on when he thinks it will be ready. I was told he was getting them on 9/14, but still nothing from him this week.

Waiting is killing me. Anticipating a GREAT game!

#337 3 years ago

I admit, if I had the dough I'd be in for a premium, but my wife says I only have enough for a pro!
I'm already batting out of my league, so no complaints from this guy!

#338 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I admit, if I had the dough I'd be in for a premium, but my wife says I only have enough for a pro!
I'm already batting out of my league, so no complaints from this guy!

The pro is going to be a tremendous amount of fun. Without the ball pausing in the vuk or subway the game will be lightning fast.

#339 3 years ago

It looks to me like they changed the finish on the glove - darker and with a bit more shading.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Planning to have an unboxing party?

Why not?

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

It looks to me like they changed the finish on the glove - darker and with a bit more shading.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing when I saw it for that brief second in the video. I sure hope so

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

The glove does look alot better

#343 3 years ago

Much better

5E2F84F6-116A-4A48-95B1-6268696B34D0 (resized).png5E2F84F6-116A-4A48-95B1-6268696B34D0 (resized).png

F6D16484-649F-4A80-97CF-46B054D7A358 (resized).pngF6D16484-649F-4A80-97CF-46B054D7A358 (resized).png
#344 3 years ago

Looks the same as in the promo video to me.

#345 3 years ago

My LE is just come off the line!

82cef8076b5d4b3cba2f34b2a12fdfff (resized).jpg82cef8076b5d4b3cba2f34b2a12fdfff (resized).jpg

#346 3 years ago

The one on the line has alot more shading...base color even looks darker.
Check out the other two in the pic (4 total) they are darker. Imo

#347 3 years ago

My guess is they had all these parts already and didn’t change anything. But I could be wrong.

Hopefully someone comes up with a mod to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

#348 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is they had all these parts already and didn’t change anything. But I could be wrong.
Hopefully someone comes up with a mode to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

Clear or color matched gems would be a huge improvement. Heres to hoping.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully someone comes up with a mode to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

Clear or color matched gems would be a huge improvement. Heres to hoping.

May have to hand paint the gems with color matched semi-transparent paint or something.

#350 3 years ago

It looks like there’s a clear bubble in each of the frosted inserts. Maybe in lower light it’ll have a cool effect.
I’m going to reserve judgement until I see it in person.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
6,000 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/7?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.