IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 253.
#3901 3 years ago

Hey everyone! Just got my Avengers up and going and got some games on it. I don't know if anyone has seen this issue but my return ramp from Black Widow to the left inlane will jump at the very end instead of dropping down into the return lane. Anyone have a solution?

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

This can happen:
[quoted image]

I understand that some of them are bad. I have seen some, but I am looking at mine and thinking do I need to put in a washer? I can hardly even tell that there is any pooling at all.

#3903 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I understand that some of them are bad. I have seen some, but I am looking at mine and thinking do I need to put in a washer? I can hardly even tell that there is any pooling at all.

Pooling isn't the only problem as long as that sharp 90 degree edge of that soulless, godless, slightly flexible stainless steel ball guide has contact with the playfield. As the ball moves along the guide, it will make the guide flex, and it will scratch that end little by little, over and over, game by game until you have a problem much harder to repair than adding a washer and/or installing mylar preventatively now.

#3904 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everyone! Just got my Avengers up and going and got some games on it. I don't know if anyone has seen this issue but my return ramp from Black Widow to the left inlane will jump at the very end instead of dropping down into the return lane. Anyone have a solution?

I had the same thing happen to my star wars, the ball would just pop off the wire form into the outlane instead of dropping in the inlane. Had to bend the end up slightly (not the whole ramp just wire that the ball hits at the end), works now. (but I've seen others where it's more fluid)

it's either that or get with stern to get another ramp.

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

Give it a slight bend like this wireform.

#3906 3 years ago

Playing some Christmas Avengers with my son!

IMG_9771 (resized).JPGIMG_9771 (resized).JPG
#3907 3 years ago

How many games have 2 wireform returns to one flipper. Can’t think of any without trawling through ipdb?

Incredible layout.

0F23EBE1-895F-4C47-87AA-7E5E2B80F1A0 (resized).jpeg0F23EBE1-895F-4C47-87AA-7E5E2B80F1A0 (resized).jpeg
#3908 3 years ago

Anyone know if there is a reason why all lights on topper don’t reset after you finished the game? Seems like it is collecting them? I reset to factory settings, they are all off and as soon as I play one game and collect a couple they just stay lit up for the rest of the games?

8DD43D0D-13E9-4E7B-A501-1E3A9574687B (resized).jpeg8DD43D0D-13E9-4E7B-A501-1E3A9574687B (resized).jpeg
#3909 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone know if there is a reason why all lights on topper don’t reset after you finished the game? Seems like it is collecting them? I reset to factory settings, they are all off and as soon as I play one game and collect a couple they just stay lit up for the rest of the games?
[quoted image]

You didn't buy the Dr. Strange Mystic Light Reset Topper DLC. That's another $499 expansion for the topper.

(It's likely a bug. I've emailed it to Keith. Do you have the latest code installed?)

#3910 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You didn't buy the Dr. Strange Mystic Light Reset Topper DLC. That's another $499 expansion for the topper.
(It's likely a bug. I've emailed it to Keith. Do you have the latest code installed?)

lol! Thought maybe has to do with some mode? Collect all and you get a multiball or something. New code in, still doing it

#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

lol! Thought maybe has to do with some mode? Collect all and you get a multiball or something. New code in, still doing it

I think the topper collects the gems across multiple games and when you collect the sixth, you do get a new mode.

With that said - I don't have the topper to confirm, but remember hearing this.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I think the topper collects the gems across multiple games and when you collect the sixth, you do get a new mode.

Weird, but that dovetails with the current Stern DLC-centric topper marketing, so probably it. Has anyone streamed the new mode?

#3913 3 years ago

Ok! It’s a Multiball. STONE FURY MULTIBALL.

#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok! It’s a Multiball. STONE FURY MULTIBALL.

Has anyone streamed this yet? My Pro's already gone. I'd like to see it. What are the objectives?

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That is correct.

#3916 3 years ago

Topper is the same as Jp topper - the gems accumulate across games and lead to a multiball (it was goat multiball in JP) so it’s kind of a random reward - good for location play.

#3917 3 years ago

Vic,where do you find this mod???

#3918 3 years ago

When i download the new premium code it is named as le. Is that the correct one or has stern fucked up the hyperlinks?

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

When i download the new premium code it is named as le. Is that the correct one or has stern fucked up the hyperlinks?

Premium and LE code are the same.

#3920 3 years ago

Anyone else getting airballs from the rollover switch on the black panther orbit? Some shots make it all the way up the ramp in the back, but others do not and I’ve tracked it down to this issue.

PantherGIF.gifPantherGIF.gif
#3921 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Anyone else getting airballs from the rollover switch on the black panther orbit? Some shots make it all the way up the ramp in the back, but others do not and I’ve tracked it down to this issue.
[quoted image]

Yikes. I love watching these slow motion ball path videos.

#3922 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

A few weeks ago my auto-plunger stopped getting the ball all the way up the back ramp and around to the right flipper. It was about 95% successful before. Not sure what changed. It definitely feels weaker. It's coming out of the chute okay, it just doesn't have enough power. The adjustment in the menu is maxed out at default. It would be nice if they gave room to go up or down. I know going down helped some people. But in my case it needs to go up. I guess I'll reach out to Stern after the holiday. Having all the balls fall into the pops instead of going around to the flipper definitely changes the way the game plays.
On another note. The new code is great. This game keeps getting better. I'm very happy with it.

Following. Having the exact same issue myself on my pro.

#3923 3 years ago

Didn't see anywhere. Anyone figure out where the added super secret skill shot is in the newest code?

#3924 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

[quoted image]

Great vid, I have the same issue with the right orbit on my pro, lots of rattling shots. I did doubt the switch at one point but I'm not so sure now. Have you tried removing the switch to prove it? I'm just thinking it's a poor design, a very narrow shot with a very shallow curve, the inner wall of the curve being very bumpy ( a short guide rail, the exit hole from captain marvel shot, 2 sections of guide rail bar) so if a ball does bounce off the outer wall there's a good chance it's going to snag up somewhere on the inner wall.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Didn't see anywhere. Anyone figure out where the added super secret skill shot is in the newest code?

My favorite is around the loop to the right flipper and instead of hitting the Tower Skill shot, hitting at least 2 of the Vision drop targets will get you a Super Secret Skill Shot 3M point, 10 Sec ball save and spot an award from the drop targets.

Edited... wait didn’t read....that was already in the .94 code, apologies.

#3926 3 years ago

random question not only AIQ related. In newer Stern/JJP games are their any batteries or anything that need to be replaced? if so how often and how? My oldest game is a 2018 so I have time, but I just started thinking about this. thanks!

#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

My favorite is around the loop to the right flipper and instead of hitting the Tower Skill shot, hitting at least 2 of the Vision drop targets will get you a Super Secret Skill Shot 3M point, 10 Sec ball save and spot an award from the drop targets.
Edited... wait didn’t read....that was already in the .94 code, apologies.

Wasn't aware of that one, thanks! I knew about the tower, the flank attack area, and then either the hawkeye target or something in that area are all the skill shots I was aware of.

#3928 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

[quoted image]

It looks like it's due to the guide on the left being a little off. It sends the ball too much sideways, where it encounters the edge of the switch wire, and since it's moving slightly across the wire instead of over it, it catches air. I'd loosen the 3 or so screws (posts under the PF, too) for the guide and push in the ball guide a little, then re-tighten. If that doesn't work, do the opposite. I think your guide is the issue, based on that video.

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

random question not only AIQ related. In newer Stern/JJP games are their any batteries or anything that need to be replaced? if so how often and how? My oldest game is a 2018 so I have time, but I just started thinking about this. thanks!

Button battery on the CPU board. You'll know it when it's time to replace.

#3930 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Button battery on the CPU board. You'll know it when it's time to replace.

OK but it wont spill acid and stuff like the old school ones?

When you say Ill know it Im guessing buttons and stuff just wont feel right?

#3931 3 years ago

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hi All. I’m hoping to join the club soon but am torn between this, Deadpool and JP. All of which would be pro models. For those that have either DP, JP or both as well, if you could only pick one which would it be thinking in terms of lastability?

This - have a DP at work, JP on location 10 minutes away and AIQ at home (all pros) and enjoy AIQ the most. The combinations of what modes you play first/where you place your gems and the different approaches keeps AIQ fresh. JP and DP are pretty linear how you approach them. JP I think is outstanding and DP is just ok, but I would take AIQ over both.

#3933 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Ive had all 3 but can only speak for the premiums. I had DP but recently traded it so right now have JP Prem and AIQ Prem. If I had to choose one Id go JP. Its just an incredible game. THEY ALL ARE AWESOME. and its not a fair fight as right now AIQ has unfinished code so we dont know for sure. The layout and shots on AIQ are awesome and more interesting than say Deadpool, but lets see how the code progresses.

If I had to rank now(on premiums) Id say JP, DP then AIQ but then again when AIQ is code complete could totally change as the layout/shots are amazing. I have played DP and JP pro a bit as well and Id say the premium is worth the extra cash if possible but the Pros are totally great as well. Overall its super close as all 3 are great. DP was my first pin and holds a special spot in my heart, but I would still give the edge to JP.

#3934 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

OK but it wont spill acid and stuff like the old school ones?
When you say Ill know it Im guessing buttons and stuff just wont feel right?

The button batteries are lithium and manganese. Same used on computer motherboards for decades. I've never seen a leaking one.

When I say you'll know, it may forget settings, etc - that's all.

#3935 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

AIQ hands down! I love Deadpool, like it’s a top 5 Stern/Pin for me but AIQ sits at #1. Ive played quite abit of JP and I think AIQ is a more refined/more accessible version of it, plus the theme is a major winner in my house.

I’ve had mine now about 3/4 months so passed the usual honeymoon phase but AIQ is in a league of its own, it’s the shots and flow that make this game so cool and fun to play.

It’s not your typical fan layout that’s fast because it’s empty, the game feels packed and packed with shots, you can combo until your dizzy.

#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The button batteries are lithium and manganese. Same used on computer motherboards for decades. I've never seen a leaking one.
When I say you'll know, it may forget settings, etc - that's all.

thx

#3937 3 years ago

Is there supposed to be something on this post?

E0A8E414-C537-45F5-9ADA-CB43CB07BF14 (resized).jpegE0A8E414-C537-45F5-9ADA-CB43CB07BF14 (resized).jpeg
#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Is there supposed to be something on this post?
[quoted image]

Nope. That's the correct configuration. No post sleeve there.

#3939 3 years ago

Found this problem yesterday
Any ideas for a quick fix as my distributor is off till the 4 th of January.
Much appreciated

8E23826C-13C9-4965-8D1C-FF032D4516A2 (resized).jpeg8E23826C-13C9-4965-8D1C-FF032D4516A2 (resized).jpegA78DA072-BA9D-4276-9E3B-6C5570AEC019 (resized).jpegA78DA072-BA9D-4276-9E3B-6C5570AEC019 (resized).jpegB049CC80-33E0-48E4-9E0D-D0263A28DE6D (resized).jpegB049CC80-33E0-48E4-9E0D-D0263A28DE6D (resized).jpeg
#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Much appreciated
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

More of a workaround....you can put the subway on “Pass Through”.

#3941 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

More of a workaround....you can put the subway on “Pass Through”.

Really appreciated will give it ago .

#3942 3 years ago

Really appreciated will give it ago .

If your mech with the rising and lowering teeth is broken, I think you can remove it and leave the white trough. My prem is currently on pass through, and the mech just walks the ball to the antman vuk. Removing the teeth is probably better since the ball will just roll in its own to the vuk. I’d be curious to hear how it works for you!

#3943 3 years ago

I’ve owned every Stern since AC/DC (2012) and honestly AIQ Le is best
I thought IMDLe would never be topped, but K.E is head and shoulders above when it comes to pinball design
Just when you’d thought you’d see it all, he throws something crazy & new that actually works into the mix, within limited playfield space
His AIQ is not even fully coded and it’s the GOAT, can’t wait to see what he rolls with next

#3944 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I would say it’s down to AIQ and JP. DP is a super fun game but it’s one you can play on location or at a friends house. The shots are easy and the code isn’t very deep... if you’re and average or above average player, you’ll get bored easily.

We had a JP at my work office for about 6 months and I played the snot out of it. JP is a very fun and challenging game but I started to get bored with it after that-as well. It’s very vertical in terms of the path you choose.I’d probably own one again at some point but I’m not in a hurry lol.

AIQ code is some of the best I’ve ever played and it’s not even done yet. The paths you can choose to get to Thanos seem endless. Raymond Davidson did a great job with the computer grid code and it makes this game so great. Once you play a gem quest with a multiball and 1-2 times modes all at the same time you’ll realize that this game is amazing and has all of the staying power you could ever want in a game. The shots are the best I’ve ever played, hands down. There is no competition when it comes to AIQ shots.

Just my 2 pennies.

#3945 3 years ago

Design wise AIQ is a masterpiece. AIQ just tops JP followed by DP a long way behind.

It’s just a dream to shoot regardless of code.

Code isn’t complete on AIQ so hard to judge at the moment. DP may have the edge on code as it stands now.

But the layout is so special that AIQ easily wins even before code is complete.

#3946 3 years ago

Much appreciated

Try a screw and locking thread nut to replace the broken piece.

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Design wise AIQ is a masterpiece. AIQ just tops JP followed by DP a long way behind.
It’s just a dream to shoot regardless of code.
Code isn’t complete on AIQ so hard to judge at the moment. DP may have the edge on code as it stands now.
But the layout is so special that AIQ easily wins even before code is complete.

I replaced a DP pro with a AIQ premium. DP is sorta boring to me. Code was sorta repetitive and only had one fun shot and is very clunky otherwise. TMNT made DP feel like a slow grind. AIQ shoots so much nicer and even at .95 has more going on then DP. Everytime i played DP it turned into marathon games where i couldnt wait till it ended. AIQ i just keep hitting the start button over and over. TMNT so far is better then both though but this is all just my opinion as a player that prefers fast fast ball speed and hard to hit tight shots and i love when a game pisses me off until I earn a good game.

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I replaced a DP pro with a AIQ premium. DP is sorta boring to me. Code was sorta repetitive and only had one fun shot and is very clunky otherwise. TMNT made DP feel like a slow grind. AIQ shoots so much nicer and even at .95 has more going on then DP. Everytime i played DP it turned into marathon games where i couldnt wait till it ended. AIQ i just keep hitting the start button over and over. TMNT so far is better then both though but this is all just my opinion as a player that prefers fast fast ball speed and hard to hit tight shots and i love when a game pisses me off until I earn a good game.

Yeh, I honestly don’t understand the fascination with DP.

Can’t speak for TMNT having only played it once, but the theme is a turnoff for me. My first impression was that it was a great Borg design though.

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Had all three. AIQ Premium is here and the others are gone with JP leaving for AIQ.

DP Pro lacks depth and is fairly linear in how you have to approach the game.

JP Pro has depth and IS linear in the way the game is designed to be played.

Both got boring after about 6 months.

AIQ can be played various ways and has depth. I love AIQ more and more every time I play it after 2 months.

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

[quoted image]

Same on mine

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Geismar, LA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/79?hl=djy2j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.