04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,717 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 255.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

For antman, I didn't have to remove the wire forms. I just removed the nuts holding the wie forms down so I had enough flexibility to raise the ball guide above the playfield to get a washer under it. There is a fair amount to remove to get at it, but it's not difficult. Take pics

I didnt remove them completely either just the 3 nuts holding it down. For anybody doing this make sure you push the 2 wireform prongs down into the Antman VUK ramp when reassembling, its easy to overlook and give issues on assembly. I can see these machines being known for these wear spots like Deadpool if you dont do just alittle bit of preventable maintenance.

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Sounds like you may unfortunately still be having some switch issues. Double check portal switches and portal test.
Also make sure you don't have "Portal pass through" turned on.
The only time my portal will stay open if a ball enters is if I have a second portal lock lit. Otherwise it closes after a ball goes in.

Yup, that’s how it’s supposed to work I believe (only time it stays up is if you have two portal locks stacked).

I currently have my subway on Pass Through because the game often gets confused when there are 2 balls in the subway. From the subway test, I can see that the last Opto (switch 47 I think) only flickers before the ball is kicked into the vuk.

I’m not sure if the opto is flaky, misaligned, or whether the third landing spot for the ball puts it too close to the vuk, ie past the opto beam. The trouble is, I haven’t figured out a way to directly test the optos without taking stuff apart....and it’s too damn fun to play to do that for now!

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does anyone know what might be going on with my portal ? Had the game for a week and never played one full game correctly 100% . I'll start and say I do not think it is a mech. problem . Start the game and play untill you open the portal - shoot the ball into the portal - ball walkes through the subway is kicked out - portal still up - shoot the ball in the portal - and you can keep doing that untill you get sick of it . I did notice if you get Thor or Iron man multiball going it does close , but when thats over it comes back up . Played a 2 player game - player 1 game ended with the portal up - When player 2 started - portal closed and played fine untill you opened the portal - same old shit all over . Ball 2 for player 1 - before you can shoot the ball portal is already open - same old shit again ! Is it the code messed up in only my game ??? I will pick up a USB stick today and up load my code . Thanks for looking T .

Sounds like your optos aren’t registering. First thing I’d check is to make sure the opto connectors are plugged into each other correctly. That is, opto 1 is plugged into opto 1, 2 into 2, etc. also, confirm your opto connectors are labeled correctly so that the opto labeled 1 really is opto 1. Stern messed up some of the opto connections on my game. Easy to do as there are a lot of opto connectors in the game.

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I currently have my subway on Pass Through because the game often gets confused when there are 2 balls in the subway. From the subway test, I can see that the last Opto (switch 47 I think) only flickers before the ball is kicked into the vuk.

Sounds like you might have the same problem I do-make sure that all the fingers on the mech are actually making it into the subway. The one closest to the VUK on mine is getting stuck. Easy enough to verify if you take the mech off. I've got a support ticket into Stern on this, but haven't gotten a response yet.

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I didnt remove them completely either just the 3 nuts holding it down. For anybody doing this make sure you push the 2 wireform prongs down into the Antman VUK ramp when reassembling, its easy to overlook and give issues on assembly. I can see these machines being known for these wear spots like Deadpool if you dont do just alittle bit of preventable maintenance.

dumb question, what is the best size and type of washer to use here?

#3856 3 years ago

I have to Ghost for now till after Christmas , but I will try to down load new code to see if that helps . Thanks T.

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

Same size as what’s in the bottom of playfield. I just finally did this.
Was gonna do something about the wicked air balls I get from the sanctum target. Looking at it I noticed the post sleeve next to it is upside down.

643DA111-319F-4750-87CB-196FD7BA47FD (resized).png643DA111-319F-4750-87CB-196FD7BA47FD (resized).png
#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah I just checked the pitch and tweaked it slightly. It's less steep (around 0.2) now. I'm now on 6.4 on the upper part of the pf and around 6.2 below the flipper. Also I cleaned the pf and gave it a slight waxing in the middle part, in front of the ramps and leading to the thor shot. Worked great. Now I can much more reliable hit Black Panther > Black Widow. Also Thor backhand is now possible.
Hope it stays long enough like that.

Yeah but the vector of the ball leading off isnt dead center behind the ball. I think that my "glancing" shot is the most power you could bring in from a backhand shot.

i think the consensus about pitch was 6.8, 6.2 seems much to low and it wouldn't make fun for me.

#3859 3 years ago

Just ordered a pro, merry christmas to all!

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i think the consensus about pitch was 6.8, 6.2 seems much to low and it wouldn't make fun for me.

I'm at 6.5% and its perfect with no issues.

I usually have all of my machines at 6.5% or a close as I can get to that.

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I believe it's #22 size washer...

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If you have not then try it out as you got the same problems I have. Maybe you like it better. It isn't a big difference but the shots feel much better now. Its 6.2 at the bottom 6.4 in the middle and all the way up it was 6.5. I don't care what the consensus is. With the game i got here this setting feels much better. It's not floaty at all.

My JP is steeper but needed it to play good for my taste. Not every game is the same.

#3863 3 years ago

Hopefully they can put the Black Widow - Black Panther combo back in... maybe don't allow it twice in a row or something like that, so it can't be exploited.

Only thing I don't like about the 0.95 update, other than Thanos not back in yet and the trophy room still the main screen, but hopeful those will happen very soon.

#3864 3 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug or if I don't understand something about Battle Royale... but I had 188M when I won... I had 3 Avengers left... and ended the game with 187M.... huh?? It was me fastest finish too, in only 5:52.625 (near my previous best buy almost a minute!). Didn't seem like the bonus points at the end added right since I ended up with a million less.

Newest code.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not sure if this is a bug or if I don't understand something about Battle Royale... but I had 188M when I won... I had 3 Avengers left... and ended the game with 187M.... huh?? It was me fastest finish too, in only 5:52.625 (near my previous best buy almost a minute!). Didn't seem like the bonus points at the end added right since I ended up with a million less.
Newest code.

I only got to play one game of Battle Royale last night after updating, but the final scoring has always seemed a little "off" to me as well. I always thought it was for other things "outside" of Battle Royale like skill shot, etc, but I seem to end up with a little more points than it shows at the end screen as opposed to less...

I do wish they would show your completion time at the end with your final score. Only know how long it took if I get on the board.

I did like the new animation sequence for defeating the Black Order!

#3866 3 years ago

Pro in the house as of Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to play it until Friday... It's Killing me.

This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

2020_Present (1) (resized).jpg2020_Present (1) (resized).jpg
#3867 3 years ago

Is it just me or is the Captain America “Blue” deeper and darker now in 0.95?

I like it.

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from jcripps:

Pro in the house as of Tuesday, unfortunately I won't be able to play it until Friday... It's Killing me.
This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome that you guys wrapped the box for your first pin and sat it beside the Christmas Tree! Have a blast on Friday with it. Can’t beat that as a Christmas gift.

#3869 3 years ago

You open the coin door and there are 4 buttons on the inside of the door to go into settings and play with them all. You can look up unboxing videos to see what people do.

Quoted from jcripps:

Thanks![quoted image]

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from jcripps:

Thanks![quoted image]

Did you actually see it before it was wrapped? Cos I'd piss myself if it turned out to be a fridge

#3871 3 years ago

Does the new update block PB again?

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Is it just me or is the Captain America “Blue” deeper and darker now in 0.95?
I like it.

Not just you - I noticed the same thing!

#3873 3 years ago

So I have some questions about the Ant-Man clear coat issues everyone keeps talking about...

I checked my game when I got it couldn't see anything I have checked again over a month later and still if there is any type of clear coat issue I feel like it is so minor I have no reason to even complain. I tried to take a picture, but even with a super zoom there isn't anything to see.

some people are saying that Stern has started putting washers on at the factory before they ship. Wouldn't this cause the same issue as the rail being jammed into the clear coat? Instead of just one flat edge it's now a circle?

I guess I'm just confused because I really don't know how bad this clear coat issue can be. Or am I really underestimating something so tiny?

#3874 3 years ago

The problem is the end of the ball guide can start to wear away the clear and paint around it as it is flexing when getting hit. The washer keeps that part of the guide off the play field.

Depending on the tightness of the guide, how many plays and how long it goes unnoticed it can wear pretty visibly.

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not just you - I noticed the same thing!

Me too!! Dare I say it....the " many added topper effects" statement is legit. Definitely more interactive now and a definite eye catcher...

#3876 3 years ago

Are the accessories already for sale?

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you just need to dremel out the red line in my pic and then smooth it out.

Thanks I'll be doing this today.

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Are the accessories already for sale?

yes, toppers and blades are available

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

If you have not then try it out as you got the same problems I have. Maybe you like it better. It isn't a big difference but the shots feel much better now. Its 6.2 at the bottom 6.4 in the middle and all the way up it was 6.5. I don't care what the consensus is. With the game i got here this setting feels much better. It's not floaty at all.
My JP is steeper but needed it to play good for my taste. Not every game is the same.

hmm i tried 6.5 but it really felt too slow imo, my shots are feeling really weak now. its like its getting worse.
I get alot of SDTM drains because a clean shot won't make it up the widow ramp.
I wonder if i could install a stronger coil, or maybe align the flippers differently. right now they are pointing right to the aligning point, like on my JP and DP.

#3880 3 years ago
Quoted from jcripps:

....This is our first pin, I've read that there are some things that I should do before playing it, like turning down the setting for the shooter lane - can soomeone point me to how to do this? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks!

I put together a check list for the AIQ pro (premium would have more items). This list was compiled from posts of many forum members here (credit to Broohaha and lermods for several items), other things are just general NIB pinball items to check. As always, if anyone see something incorrect or wants to add something, please feel free to correct or add to the list.

-------------------------

Playfield (general):
Checked the playfield for defects
Wipe down playfield with microfiber towel (optional: WAX after 100 games)
Check for loose / free screws

Dr Strange Spinner:
Check spinner for level and adjust it
Ensure the nut on the post is tight

Ball Guides:
Put washers under the Ant man and Thor ball guides to get them off the playfield.
Note: Do both sides (4 posts) of the Thor ball guide – DO NOT tighten down hard

Drop Targets:
Check the drop target install location (if installed too far back the targets will be pushed into the rubber)

Electrical:
Check the connectors in the upper boards (common for a connector to be loose in the back box)
Check for missing LED bulbs

Playfield Level:
Ensure Pitch Angle: 6.5 degrees
Ensure level left/right

Shooter Lane:
Install Cliffy protectors or Mylar in shooter lane (best before playing first ball)

Settings:
Booted it up
Run the various tests via the system menu (switch, lights, etc...) testing all the switches and coils
Turn down the ball ejector strength from 255 to low enough to just get the ball out of the trough into the shooter lane consistently
Update the code to latest but play first to make sure all mechanicals are good before upgrading.

Balls:
Clean the balls and check for scratches/dents
Optional: Replace the stock balls with some after market balls (be sure to select ones that wont get magnetized by the avengers tower)

Rubbers:
Stock rubbers may leave black residue on playfield and ramps, replace all stock rubbers with aftermarkets if you notice this (titans, Perfect Play, etc)
Upper flipper takes a beating because there is not a post in front of it (ala JP), stock up on extra rings for that upper flipper

Misc Hardware
Install plastic protectors for slings and lane guides (optional)
Coil stops seem to fail rather quickly on the newer Sterns. Stock up on coil stops

Play the sh!t out of it!

#3881 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

yes, toppers and blades are available

Side armor as well:

39C984DD-9D2F-48F9-AB0F-7F50F3A3228A (resized).jpeg39C984DD-9D2F-48F9-AB0F-7F50F3A3228A (resized).jpeg
#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Side armor as well:
[quoted image]

I like how those look! Do they screw into the cabinet?

#3883 3 years ago

Ive had the ball get stuck under the Gaunlet 2x now, anybody else experiencing this? If so any fixes to stop it?

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I like how those look! Do they screw into the cabinet?

Uses existing mounting screws plus one extra at the lower front edge. Here is another angle:

07596082-3907-4023-A207-55AE6531BF14 (resized).jpeg07596082-3907-4023-A207-55AE6531BF14 (resized).jpeg
#3885 3 years ago

A few weeks ago my auto-plunger stopped getting the ball all the way up the back ramp and around to the right flipper. It was about 95% successful before. Not sure what changed. It definitely feels weaker. It's coming out of the chute okay, it just doesn't have enough power. The adjustment in the menu is maxed out at default. It would be nice if they gave room to go up or down. I know going down helped some people. But in my case it needs to go up. I guess I'll reach out to Stern after the holiday. Having all the balls fall into the pops instead of going around to the flipper definitely changes the way the game plays.

On another note. The new code is great. This game keeps getting better. I'm very happy with it.

#3886 3 years ago

Code wise ive seen a few of you talk about Thanos in the code, what did he use to do? Also whats the purpose of the action button so far besides picking modes and launching the ball? Seems like they need a mode that uses the action button. On the IRON inserts by the flippers why is this not movable, seems like it should be. Is there a outlane ball saver that you can earn? Just a few things ive noticed code wise that stand out to me so far after about 20 games.

#3887 3 years ago

The button also gets used for using gem powers. Mind and space gems both use it. You have to collect the gem first. Then place it with a hero. The higher the level of the hero the more the gem powers do.

Change the Iron Man inserts by spinning the disk.

No outlane saver per say. But there is a super ball saver you can get from the drops computer feature.

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So I have some questions about the Ant-Man clear coat issues everyone keeps talking about...

some people are saying that Stern has started putting washers on at the factory before they ship.

Yes. I posted this earlier. Washers are now installed on the latest builds. Mine was made 11/6/20.
30A1D8DE-73A0-4BB9-B2CA-1FFCEAE5DC13 (resized).jpeg30A1D8DE-73A0-4BB9-B2CA-1FFCEAE5DC13 (resized).jpeg

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Code wise ive seen a few of you talk about Thanos in the code, what did he use to do? .....

Deadflip streamed an early version of the code from sept when thanos was in it.......spoiler warning

#3890 3 years ago

I just got to and finished Battle Royale for the first time. That was intense! What a cool mode. Glad this was chosen as the challenge mode. I was staying away from it until hitting it "in game", but it's a great fit for a challenge mode.

I'm definitely looking forward to Thanos being back. I can only assume he was taken out to tweak the mode further, but it seemed to be pretty fleshed out in the early builds from watching Jack play it. Either way, it will be a nice treat when he's back. Really surprised (and excited) that we are only at 0.95. Can't wait to see how it ends up, but no rush from my end. Game is awesome as-is.

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

A few weeks ago my auto-plunger stopped getting the ball all the way up the back ramp and around to the right flipper.....

Did you check the shooter rod alignment to make sure it hits squarely in the center of the back of the ball?

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Did you check the shooter rod alignment to make sure it hits squarely in the center of the back of the ball?

The alignment of both the rod and the auto-shooter mech seem fine. I can manually plunge all the way around no problem. Thanks!

#3893 3 years ago

Removed

#3894 3 years ago

I sometimes get BW and Gauntlet ramp rejects from the ball taking off at the top of the ramp. Hitting the top plastic shields and coming back down. This happens more often for the first few games after a novus cleaning. Not a big deal. But, I'm wondering if those shields at the tops of the ramps were curved instead of flat. Would that help the ball make the shot and not reject?

#3895 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Side armor as well:
[quoted image]

Do you have to screw into the side cabinet artwork to install this?

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do you have to screw into the side cabinet artwork to install this?

I asked same thing and yes theres a screw into the cabinet down at bottom of lollipop below flippers. I think im just going to get my stock black powder coated Thanos purple.

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive had the ball get stuck under the Gaunlet 2x now, anybody else experiencing this? If so any fixes to stop it?

I stuck a small box in the corner/under the gauntlet as a quick fix. It's not ideal, but it beats sliding the glass down in the middle of a game!

#3898 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

some people are saying that Stern has started putting washers on at the factory before they ship. Wouldn't this cause the same issue as the rail being jammed into the clear coat? Instead of just one flat edge it's now a circle?
I guess I'm just confused because I really don't know how bad this clear coat issue can be. Or am I really underestimating something so tiny?

The washer has smooth edges. The ball guide has sharp edges. The washer is back from the end and on a post so there's little to no flex movement. The ball guide end, however, shifts a little from the ball hitting it - out and back, out and back, over and over all game long. It's like taking a pocket knife and scraping the same area over and over when the end of the guide is laid right on the clear. The washer prevents that.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

EDIT: I watched some streams and found out how the ball behaves differently there. I couldn't get over it and i removed the entire protector. It was the cause of "powerless" early flipper shots. i wasn't able backhand the thor shot for example.
so no more protectors for me too. thank you.

No thanks.
I also recommend to put a little bit of wax on the playfield. Carnauba wax is prefered.
Enjoy your AIQ, it's one of the best machines out there imo.

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This can happen:
PXL_20201121_201501110 (resized).jpgPXL_20201121_201501110 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,000 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,717 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/78?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.