IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 256.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I'm relatively new to the pinball owners club, but I've found Vid1900 as the ultimate resource for this type of thing. Not to say the other waxes being recommended don't work but... I went with Vid's recommendation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/2#post-2657721
https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html
That jar will last longer than I willl...

This is great wax. I use it often. On 13 machines I just had to reorder after about 6 months of use. I may be over doing it a little, but wax is cheap compared to a new playfield.

#3802 3 years ago

This is what I think is the problem with the Captian Marvel ramp ! That ball guide should not stick out and hit the ball . Counted 5 places the ball is able to hit the ball guide . Not good !

DSCF0929 (resized).JPGDSCF0929 (resized).JPG
#3803 3 years ago

If your tired of not making it all the way around on a plunge ? Easy fix is to replace the plunger spring with a RED spring . Red spring makes it all the way around so you can make the 2 skill shots on the left side !

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Any recommendations or anything I should be concerned about?

As long as you're using a bonnet (covers the sides) and not a disc (just the face), it's pretty foolproof. Don't press hard, just let it glide over the playfield, back and forth to finish off the waxed area. Gives a nice shine without much elbow grease.

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I had the exact same issue. Did a slow-mo video on my right inlane and the ball wasn't exiting the wire form cleanly. It would bounce around down the lane, resulting in a non-perfect hit off the flipper, hence the lack of velocity up the center ramp. (This would explain why you don't have the problem when cradling.) I simply loosened the wire form where it meets the inline made slight tweaks left/right to get the ball to cleanly land and track in the lane.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, it didn't help. But i found a small weldseam or something similar right before the inlane/flipper transistion which i sanded.
the feed is now perfect and i feel like it helps, because sometimes it gave the ball a tiny hop which i saw under slow motion.
however, i think the main reason is simply a too early flip taking away momentum of the ball. its like the flipper hits the ball a littlebit.
sorry for the long gif, check out the moment when the ball hits the base of the flipper.

20201222_211655.gif20201222_211655.gif
#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks, it didn't help. But i found a small weldseam or something similar right before the inlane/flipper transistion which i sanded.
the feed is now perfect and i feel like it helps, because sometimes it gave the ball a tiny hop which i saw under slow motion.
however, i think the main reason is simply a too early flip taking away momentum of the ball. its like the flipper hits the ball a littlebit.
sorry for the long gif, check out the moment when the ball hits the base of the flipper.[quoted image]

Yeah, that happens to me a lot as well. Easier for me to combo the Captain Marvel and then Black Widow, If I shoot Black Panther and then try Black Widow it's harder with the ball moving a little faster at the flipper.

I think it's mostly just the physics of the shot as the farther out on the end of the flipper, the more power you can develop and this shot has to be hit early on, so it's generally not that powerful and needs to be fairly precise to make it.

I'm not sure yet if flipper fade plays into it or not. I've seen Pinmonk's posts about this possibility and his flipper coil fans.

#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

sorry for the long gif, check out the moment when the ball hits the base of the flipper.[quoted image]

How long after you've been playing does this happen? If you've been playing for over 2 hours then I suspect it may be flipper fade. Have you tried PinMonk 's flipper coolers? I put a set on my AIQ and I haven't had any problems with weak shots since.

As awesome1 stated, it's easier for me to combo black widow with captain marvel since the return is faster with marvel than it is with BP. It comes down to physics ant he velocity the ball is traveling at.

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

I did the Thor ball guide. It has a super sharp edge that if not done i could see cutting in within 100 plays easily, thanks again! The Marvel ramp right guide i can slide a business card under so i think im good there.

#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I did the Thor ball guide. It has a super sharp edge that if not done i could see cutting in within 100 plays easily, thanks again! The Marvel ramp right guide i can slide a business card under so i think im good there.

You inspired me to work on my marvel ball guide. Taking the ramp off isn't necessary and you don't need to add a washer. Basically, stern tightens the nuts underneath the playfield way too much, pulling the ball guide into the playfield. They really need to quit doing that, giving line workers a spacer to use when tightening the guides down,.or just installing a washer.

Anyway, the marvel ramp guide adjustment isn't bad. Remove the three most upper nuts and washers holding the ramp down. See pic. This allows for some flexibility.

Next, from underneath the playfield, remove the two nuts holding the left and right ball guide down. See pic.

With a punch or something similar, give a couple of light taps to the screws. This will raise the ball guides. Reinstall the nuts but only tighten until you are happy with the gap of the ball guide.

Reinstall the nuts and washers for the ramps.

Hard to see, but I now have daylight between the playfield and ball guide. Prior to this adjustment, I couldn't even get a piece of paper under it. Luckily, I have no damage.

PXL_20201222_220422449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220422449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220559366~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_220559366~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_221452639.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20201222_221452639.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, that happens to me a lot as well. Easier for me to combo the Captain Marvel and then Black Widow, If I shoot Black Panther and then try Black Widow it's harder with the ball moving a little faster at the flipper.
I think it's mostly just the physics of the shot as the farther out on the end of the flipper, the more power you can develop and this shot has to be hit early on, so it's generally not that powerful and needs to be fairly precise to make it.
I'm not sure yet if flipper fade plays into it or not. I've seen Pinmonk's posts about this possibility and his flipper coil fans.

thanks for the help, it happens also with cool coils. I just saw RayDay comboing those shots and wondered myself why i keep getting those slow balls.
Yeah the CM Ramp combo also provides a slower feed.
nice to get some feedback from you guys.

#3811 3 years ago

New code just popped up on sterns website!! .95

#3812 3 years ago

V0.95.0 - December 22nd, 2020
=============================
- Mainplay - adding some instructional text to the background when nothing else is running
- Hawkeye Combo - change base scoring from 450K to 600K
- Super Reactor - change base scoring from 200K to 300K
- Super Gauntlet - change base scoring from 250K to 400K
- Hulk Rampage - change base scoring from 200K to 400K
- Hawkeye Challenge - adding Hawkeye Challenge difficulty names Amateur, Pro, Marksman
- Combos - remove the Right Orbit from being a combo after Left Ramp
- Mind Gem Quest - fixed an issue where the Controlled Avenger Sanctum Target logic was not working occasionally
- Mind Gem Quest - no longer blinking the Controlled Avenger if a stage has been missed
- Time Gem - fixed an issue where the mode would still end when shooting a Time Gem shot when the Super Mode Timer was in grace
- Change Gems - adjustments to lighting to be able to see where you are positioning the Gems better
- Change Gems - added an audible timer so you know how many seconds you have left to place Gems
- Change Gems - added Perk descriptions that are show as you are placing each Gem
- Computer Grid - change computer grid 'EXTRA BALL' text to 'LIGHT EXTRA BALL' since this is what it does
- Soul Gem - fixed an issue where the Flips Removed value would always say '5' even though the adjustment may have been changed
- Black Order Multiball - added new starting display effect, instructions timing has been updated
- Battle Royale - added Final Award display, sound, lamp effects that play when you win the mode
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where the game could not be restarted if you Forced Endgame during Challenge Mode intro display effect
- Battle Royale Challenge Mode - fixed an issue where using Force Endgame during Challenge Mode intro would result in the next game sometimes going straight to Match
- Light Shows - added Gem Quest mode start light shows
- Light Shows - added several different Iron Man Multiball Jackpot light shows
- Light Shows - added Game Intro light show
- Light Shows - added Match light show
- Light Shows - adding lockdown button pulsing / flashing for enter initials
- Topper Light Shows - many new Topper light shows added
- DJ Mixer - select this option from the Game Mode Menu to listen to all Avengers: Infinity Quest songs (Free Play Only)

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'DJ MIXER BACKGROUND' - default: RANDOM - randomly chooses 1 of 7 background types to play for the DJ Mixer session, change this to lock in your favorite

- System - Updated to V2.64.0

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

V0.95.0 - December 22nd, 2020

Not a "huge" update, but still a ways from 1.0 yet.

Was hoping we would get Thanos back in... also I think we all want a different main screen other than the trophy hall.

Looking forward to trying it out!

#3814 3 years ago

So the fix for the ant man area wear - can you just put Mylar on that and if not what exactly do you need to do to fix?

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

I’m jealous how’d you track down a NIB Premium I’m still waiting for mine that’s been on order since September? Glad you went with an AIQ though. Hope it’s treating you well!

#3816 3 years ago

"- Combos - remove the Right Orbit from being a combo after Left Ramp"

Does this mean Black Widow to Black Panther is no longer a combo...? Because that's my main source of combos...

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

"- Combos - remove the Right Orbit from being a combo after Left Ramp"
Does this mean Black Widow to Black Panther is no longer a combo...? Because that's my main source of combos...

Yep, lol I think we should call this one the Raymond Davidson rule

#3818 3 years ago

Code update has nothing for Adam Warlock...Sigh....

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, lol I think we should call this one the Raymond Davidson rule

Sounds like I’m staying on 0.94 if I ever want to get a portal lock again. Lame.

#3820 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Sounds like I’m staying on 0.94 if I ever want to get a portal lock again. Lame.

I think there are still good combo options from both lower flippers. From the left Widow ramp maybe go for the Gauntlet ramp for a combo. For me that one has been easier than Widow-Orbit.

#3821 3 years ago

The new light shows are amazing.

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’m jealous how’d you track down a NIB Premium I’m still waiting for mine that’s been on order since September? Glad you went with an AIQ though. Hope it’s treating you well!

I got it from pinballs.com. Mike always has the best stock. I havent gotten to play it much yet but its full of cool shots, lots of ramps, and fast which is exactly what i was looking for. My first Elwin game and definitely has a different feel then the old guard designers.

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the fix for the ant man area wear - can you just put Mylar on that and if not what exactly do you need to do to fix?

I just ordered this from Cliff. I think some are putting washers underneath.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I just ordered this from Cliff. I think some are putting washers underneath.[quoted image]

Perfect. How hard was install

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:Thanks, it didn't help.

Sorry to hear that. The ball looks really smooth coming down, so agreed that we had different issues... I love this shot, so keep working on it.

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

New code just popped up on sterns website!! .95

Did you get an email announcing the update? I registered, and it’s only through pinside that I find this stuff out.

#3827 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I just ordered this from Cliff. I think some are putting washers underneath.[quoted image]

wheres the link? I dont see any avengers parts on his site.

#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

wheres the link? I dont see any avengers parts on his site.

Click on the “SEE WHAT'S NEW” Link at the top of his page

#3829 3 years ago

Team Stern,
Happy Holidays and thank you for the code update. I love the "DJ Mixer" mode and visualizations.
Can you get any old public domain Marvel Super Heroes rights from Disney and load them on with visualizations?
"Tony Stark, makes you feel, he's a cool exec, with a heart of steel. As Iron Man all jets ablaze he fights and fights with repulsor rays".
I would ask for you to load Zep songs for the next code drop but save those for when you add the Thanos code back in.
Cue "Immigrant song" and Thor fighting Thanos.

Happy Holidays everybody - please stay safe and healthy and hug your loved ones.

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The new light shows are amazing.

New animations after defeating Battle Royale Challenge are great as well!

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Perfect. How hard was install

Put a small washer under the guide it’s less obvious than the cliffy (which I have everywhere else) and it works perfectly.

The cliffy is great if your guide has already dug into the playfield.

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

And here I was just coming onto pinside after testing my new avengers premium with the feeling that my right flipper is too weak.
I got the same problem. It's almost impossible to hit black widow after the panther (cm seems easier somehow). Cradled shots often work but also there i got the feeling that its lacking a tiny bit of umph to make it feel better.
Also gauntlet shots with cradled on the right are almost impossible. Maybe 1 out of 20. How are those for you?

Will try thor right now as it seems you should be able to backhand from the right. Can't imagine i got enough power for the momentum needed.

Edit: it's definitely impossible to hit thor backhand on mine. A perfect hit will travel to the target slightly touching it and then be coming back.

20201223_111202.gif20201223_111202.gif
#3833 3 years ago

Sad to see ' Replaced main screen ( trophy room ) with something far less boring ' ISN'T one of the code changes

#3834 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Put a small washer under the guide it’s less obvious than the cliffy (which I have everywhere else) and it works perfectly.
The cliffy is great if your guide has already dug into the playfield.

Thanks. Any instructions on how to install the washer? Is it just loosening the nut below the pf our do you need to remove ramps?

#3835 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

And here I was just coming onto pinside after testing my new avengers premium with the feeling that my right flipper is too weak.
I got the same problem. It's almost impossible to hit black widow after the panther (cm seems easier somehow). Cradled shots often work but also there i got the feeling that its lacking a tiny bit of umph to make it feel better.
Also gauntlet shots with cradled on the right are almost impossible. Maybe 1 out of 20. How are those for you?
Will try thor right now as it seems you should be able to backhand from the right. Can't imagine i got enough power for the momentum needed.
Edit: it's definitely impossible to hit thor backhand on mine. A perfect hit will travel to the target slightly touching it and then be coming back. [quoted image]

I can backhand Thor on a pro but not on my premium

#3836 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Edit: it's definitely impossible to hit thor backhand on mine. A perfect hit will travel to the target slightly touching it and then be coming back. [quoted image]

check out the last pages, we just discussed it.
frustrating, my combos always die because the ball wont make it up the widow ramp from an right inlane feed.
yours seem even worse, did you check your games pitch an level?
thor shot is hard for me, but its possible (premium).

i have the same exact feeling about the missing power for a satisfying early shot.
I also know this from my 1987 williams "fire" machine, where is the kinetic satisfaction keith!

#3837 3 years ago

double post...

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

That hit was a bit of a glancing blow as the ball continued upwards and to the left. A perfect hit would be centered and come straight back after hitting the captive ball. But I also wonder if you could make the switch slightly more sensitive?

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Mine is an 11/06/20 build and came from the factory with a washer already installed so it seems that Stern has now addressed this.

668B1BDC-586C-443C-B1FF-D795D55928B5 (resized).jpeg668B1BDC-586C-443C-B1FF-D795D55928B5 (resized).jpeg
#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Sad to see ' Replaced main screen ( trophy room ) with something far less boring ' ISN'T one of the code changes

This!

I could care less about scoring changes, the blue main screen looks like a placeholder that somehow made it into the released design. Has stern ever listened to feedback on requested changes/improvements from the community? If so what is the way to let them know? Do we make a poll?

#3841 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

check out the last pages, we just discussed it.
frustrating, my combos always die because the ball wont make it up the widow ramp from an right inlane feed.
yours seem even worse, did you check your games pitch an level?
thor shot is hard for me, but its possible (premium).
i have the same exact feeling about the missing power for a satisfying early shot.
I also know this from my 1987 williams "fire" machine, where is the kinetic satisfaction keith!

Yeah I just checked the pitch and tweaked it slightly. It's less steep (around 0.2) now. I'm now on 6.4 on the upper part of the pf and around 6.2 below the flipper. Also I cleaned the pf and gave it a slight waxing in the middle part, in front of the ramps and leading to the thor shot. Worked great. Now I can much more reliable hit Black Panther > Black Widow. Also Thor backhand is now possible.

Hope it stays long enough like that.

Quoted from Pinzap:

That hit was a bit of a glancing blow as the ball continued upwards and to the left. A perfect hit would be centered and come straight back after hitting the captive ball. But I also wonder if you could make the switch slightly more sensitive?

Yeah but the vector of the ball leading off isnt dead center behind the ball. I think that my "glancing" shot is the most power you could bring in from a backhand shot.

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. Any instructions on how to install the washer? Is it just loosening the nut below the pf our do you need to remove ramps?

I took off the 2 wireforms and the ant-man plastics then loosened the nuts and lifted the rail, luckily mine had only just caught the playfield so lifting the rail wasn’t an issue, I’d be a lot more careful if the rail is dug into the playfield and it’s caused pooling.

Super easy the parts you need to remove to access the rail, took maybe 20-30mins tops.

#3843 3 years ago

Installed my topper today ! I also use it when I see Michael Jackson get his pop corn out for thoes controversial topics .

DSCF0925 (resized).JPGDSCF0925 (resized).JPG
#3844 3 years ago

Does anyone know what might be going on with my portal ? Had the game for a week and never played one full game correctly 100% . I'll start and say I do not think it is a mech. problem . Start the game and play untill you open the portal - shoot the ball into the portal - ball walkes through the subway is kicked out - portal still up - shoot the ball in the portal - and you can keep doing that untill you get sick of it . I did notice if you get Thor or Iron man multiball going it does close , but when thats over it comes back up . Played a 2 player game - player 1 game ended with the portal up - When player 2 started - portal closed and played fine untill you opened the portal - same old shit all over . Ball 2 for player 1 - before you can shoot the ball portal is already open - same old shit again ! Is it the code messed up in only my game ??? I will pick up a USB stick today and up load my code . Thanks for looking T .

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also do the Thor orbit side ball guide. On my game it was even worse then the Ant-man guide. It was slightly dug into the playfield from the factory and has a really sharp edge on it. Do this at the same time as the Ant-man guide since you need to take off the wireforms for both guides. You will need to take off the Thor plastics. Also check the right side of your Marvel ramp guide for clearance. Mine was up off the playfield about the thickness of a business card but Lermods had to loosen his and give it alittle tap up to make his not be touching the playfield.

#3846 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Does anyone know what might be going on with my portal ? Had the game for a week and never played one full game correctly 100% . I'll start and say I do not think it is a mech. problem . Start the game and play untill you open the portal - shoot the ball into the portal - ball walkes through the subway is kicked out - portal still up - shoot the ball in the portal - and you can keep doing that untill you get sick of it . I did notice if you get Thor or Iron man multiball going it does close , but when thats over it comes back up . Played a 2 player game - player 1 game ended with the portal up - When player 2 started - portal closed and played fine untill you opened the portal - same old shit all over . Ball 2 for player 1 - before you can shoot the ball portal is already open - same old shit again ! Is it the code messed up in only my game ??? I will pick up a USB stick today and up load my code . Thanks for looking T .

Do all the portal switches (up/down) register in test? Portal should close when a ball is in it-sounds like it might not know it got to the top?

#3847 3 years ago

I had trouble out of the box with flakey opto' s . switches are good now .

#3848 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Also do the Thor orbit side ball guide. On my game it was even worse then the Ant-man guide. It was slightly dug into the playfield from the factory and has a really sharp edge on it. Do this at the same time as the Ant-man guide since you need to take off the wireforms for both guides. You will need to take off the Thor plastics. Also check the right side of your Marvel ramp guide for clearance. Mine was up off the playfield about the thickness of a business card but Lermods had to loosen his and give it alittle tap up to make his not be touching the playfield.

For antman, I didn't have to remove the wire forms. I just removed the nuts holding the wie forms down so I had enough flexibility to raise the ball guide above the playfield to get a washer under it. There is a fair amount to remove to get at it, but it's not difficult. Take pics

#3849 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Were they the subway switches (47, 48, and 49)? If so how were you able to access them? Asking for a friend

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Sounds like you may unfortunately still be having some switch issues. Double check portal switches and portal test.

Also make sure you don't have "Portal pass through" turned on.

The only time my portal will stay open if a ball enters is if I have a second portal lock lit. Otherwise it closes after a ball goes in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,772 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/77?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.