IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 256.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Looks like you have a little project to do
I'll be over when its fixed, love this game and once installed it will be awesome!

1st day off I am going to make it! Next week sometime.

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I fixed a warped Mustang playfield that was exactly the same and was really pissing me off. I screwed a piece of angle iron to the underside of the playfield. I'm not suggesting you do it to a brand new Avengers ( or if it's even possible space wise ) but it may be an option if Stern don't do the right thing. Not ideal though, ok to fix an older machine but I'd keep on to Stern if I were you. [quoted image]

Thank you,
i think the problem is that Stern wont replace "minor" PF warping. They even included "common" warping it into their AGBs.
here is a drawing where you can fix the PF even if there is not much room. But as you stated, no option on new titles and on older ones i'm not sure if selling is just the saver way.
86719b0e6223517921aa7547ac400da75e924457 (resized).jpg86719b0e6223517921aa7547ac400da75e924457 (resized).jpg

#3753 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you but it didn't work.
I built my own ballguide which works very well.
Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am having the same issue. Care to make another one?

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Tried out the yelobird mylar fix tonight. Wasable to get the clear coat pooling down a bit around the Antman ball guide, then put some mylar down, and a metal washer.
While I had everything apart, I also put mylar on the edges of the Antman hole. I assure you thisarea is going to get beat up over time.
Anyhow, just wanted to share this in case anyone else is looking to repair theirs. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cliffy makes a Cliffy for that Ant Man area. BTW, where did you get the tool at?

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I am having the same issue. Care to make another one?

sorry, people are writing me because of the ballguide, but i live here in austria.
Its just a tiny piece of plastic and m3 tape.
size of the plastic is 2.5 cm x 7.0 cm.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.

Made a quick piece and initial few games testing it works well!

Still need a "good" shot, it's not magically going to loop weak shots, but I'm not getting the "strong" shots rejected like I would before.

I'm going to make a slightly longer version in case it needs to tuck under the bent wireform for strength. I had it like that at first, but the piece I cut was a little short which didn't leave much to double-side tape to the base and it came loose after a few shots. I moved it lower and added more tape and it holds well so far, but doesn't fit under the wireform.

Wonder why Stern changed from initial enclosed design. The pictures on their website for Premium/LE models show enclosed design...

IMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPG
#3757 3 years ago

Got my Stern art blades installed. Love them! Also changed the white flipper bats to yellow. Not sure why they went with white on this one...
1B7D7BDB-DFF8-4122-9D22-372034C4A845 (resized).jpeg1B7D7BDB-DFF8-4122-9D22-372034C4A845 (resized).jpeg52C4CA69-B2CE-4062-9D5D-4F1C5983D06A (resized).jpeg52C4CA69-B2CE-4062-9D5D-4F1C5983D06A (resized).jpegA5A8B5D9-6719-4316-8C71-4B2FDEFBDDAF (resized).jpegA5A8B5D9-6719-4316-8C71-4B2FDEFBDDAF (resized).jpeg

#3758 3 years ago

I don't really know how I made it. I was in a multiball mode when Gamma Ray has started...

20201221_203025 (resized).jpg20201221_203025 (resized).jpg

#3759 3 years ago

TIP : Easy AIQ LE/ Prem opto switch Test : This test can be done with the playfield glass on ! With the game on - open the coindoor and go to switch test - close the coin door . Your looking for the RED light on the opto's .
Right ramp exit switch 58 - look right next to the Gauntlet the easy one to see ! Now you know what your looking for .
Left ramp exit switch 41 - Look through the tallest building in the back plastic .
Tower Switch 36 , 37 , 38 - from the right side of the game look through the right side of the tower under the 'A" see 3 glowing .
Subway enter switch 46 - Look straight down through the gem stone next to the portal .
Subway switch 47 & 49 - Look down through the subway window they glow off the bottom of the subway .
Subway switch 48 -Look straight down through the gem stone Captian Marvel is holding .
Inner Loop Switch 59 - put your eye at glass level and side rail - near the Subway VUK and look under the plastic with skull guy in a Hoodie !

#3760 3 years ago

The reason I did the opto TIP is because this is the secound time I've had trouble with opto's on my game . After fixing the 48 subway opto the game still didn't play right . I could hit the Right ramp and it didn't do any thing . So I put the game in switch test - ran a ball around the ramp / nothing - tried some other switches , they worked . Pushed on the opto board and bing bango it's working . It's easy to see it's working because the RED lights up your face . So is that something new with Stern opto's - you need to push in the boards to activate them ? If I only knew then what I know now ! Hope this helps someone and the people that get their games in February or March !

#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Got my Stern art blades installed. Love them! Also changed the white flipper bats to yellow. Not sure why they went with white on this one...

Love your AIQ beside your other Avengers pin! I'm contemplating picking the original back up myself. Two awesome pins that's for sure. Enjoy and agreed the art blades look great on this pin. Waiting for my Premium but have the blades ready to go once it comes in.

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Where did you get the blades? Have not seen them on Stern... Looks great!

#3763 3 years ago

Can anyone point me toward a good maintenance guide? AIQ is my first pin, and I'd sure appreciate a bit of mentorship on proper maintenance before I spread turtle wax all over the inside in hopes of keeping the play flowing smoothly... Thanks!

#3764 3 years ago

Stop the clock...lucky last and just in time for Xmas. Must be the last LE delivered to original/home buyers (exception being for NIB sitters/disties etc)? Going to unbox tonight!

received_431041177917616 (resized).jpegreceived_431041177917616 (resized).jpeg
#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Can anyone point me toward a good maintenance guide? AIQ is my first pin, and I'd sure appreciate a bit of mentorship on proper maintenance before I spread turtle wax all over the inside in hopes of keeping the play flowing smoothly... Thanks!

Just keep it clean and you’ll be fine. A lot of folks use wax but it’s not strictly necessary. It’s easy to go overboard babying machines, but they are designed to go on location and get a lot more abuse than what they’ll see in a home. I’m not saying neglect it of course, and I expect you’ll get other opinions that you have to wax it weekly or it will be destroyed, but honestly they are robust machines.

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Most important waxing rule: don't use liquid waxes. They contain petroleum distillates that can degrade your playfield over time. Try to get as much carnuba as possible in your wax.

I use P21S, apply it and let it sit a few minutes, then use some cheap harbor freight red shop cloths to take it off. I finish with a lambswool bonnet on a cordless drill to polish it to a shine I will regret for 15 games or so as the ball travels at hyper speed until the surface calms down.

P21S:
https://www.amazon.com/New-P21S-100-Carnuba-6-2oz/dp/B00CI1D2HM

It looks expensive, but this little tub will last you probably a decade if you're waxing once a month or less.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Just keep it clean and you’ll be fine. A lot of folks use wax but it’s not strictly necessary. It’s easy to go overboard babying machines, but they are designed to go on location and get a lot more abuse than what they’ll see in a home. I’m not saying neglect it of course, and I expect you’ll get other opinions that you have to wax it weekly or it will be destroyed, but honestly they are robust machines.

Thanks that is helpful - the thought of adding wax was making me a bit uneasy. I've been wiping it down with a dry paper towel - good enough?

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't use liquid waxes. I use P21S and some cheap harbor freight shop cloths to take it off and then a lambswool bonnet on a cordless drill to polish it to a shine I will regret for 15 games or so as the ball travels at hyper speed until the surface calms down.
P21S:
amazon.com link »
It looks expensive, but this little tub will last you probably a decade if you're waxing once a month or less.

Ha light speed pinball no doubt - thanks!

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Thanks that is helpful - the thought of adding wax was making me a bit uneasy. I've been wiping it down with a dry paper towel - good enough?

You’ll want something that can take off the rubber that accumulates on everything. I use novus 2, but it’s a polish so you don’t want to do it all the time. Isopropyl alcohol is fantastic at taking the rubber off and harmless to the playfield, although you probably don’t want to soak it. Just a light spray on a microfiber towel first.

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I wouldn't recommend a regimen that includes paper towels for playfield care. Microfiber or 100% cotton shop cloths would be my recommendation.

#3771 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I don't really know how I made it. I was in a multiball mode when Gamma Ray has started...
[quoted image]

Probably switch got stuck and kept scoring

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most important waxing rule: don't use liquid waxes.

And it gets everywhere. I restored a machine with years and years of liquid wax residue buildup. Every crevice, in the mechs, covering the subway. Yuck.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

LOL

#3774 3 years ago

Man ive always used liquid wax on my machines. I guess maybe its time to switch. Lets hear recommendations for specific products?

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

You’ll want something that can take off the rubber that accumulates on everything. I use novus 2, but it’s a polish so you don’t want to do it all the time. Isopropyl alcohol is fantastic at taking the rubber off and harmless to the playfield, although you probably don’t want to soak it. Just a light spray on a microfiber towel first.

Yeah definitely getting black lines down the high travel areas - clearly that the black rubber wearing down at coating the play field.

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah definitely getting black lines down the high travel areas - clearly that the black rubber wearing down at coating the play field.

I replace the black rubber with Perfect Play or Titan on all my machines. It sheds less.

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I replace the black rubber with Perfect Play or Titan on all my machines. It sheds less.

Sorry for the newbie question - you have a goto site for picking up accessories?

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Sorry for the newbie question - you have a goto site for picking up accessories?

Pinball Life, Titan Pinball, and Marco Specialties are good shops. I’m sure there are others!

#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

And it gets everywhere. I restored a machine with years and years of liquid wax residue buildup. Every crevice, in the mechs, covering the subway. Yuck.

Yeah, especially like the fact that the P21S doesn't haze like, say, a turtle wax so it's a pretty clean process, on to off.

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Man ive always used liquid wax on my machines. I guess maybe its time to switch. Lets hear recommendations for specific products?

P21S:
https://www.amazon.com/New-P21S-100-Carnuba-6-2oz/dp/B00CI1D2HM

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Perhaps, but it only happened once since unboxing. I'll do some tests.

#3782 3 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

If you ever restore a machine, polishing out the ball guides to a mirror finish not only looks great, but it reduces steel dust and future ball trails in the guides that are a problem with grained stainless used in all machines. The mirror finish makes them much more resistant to wear.

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for posting this - I added a similar plastic to mine tonight and I have not seen the hard reject since.

#3784 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

P21S:
amazon.com link »

Holy hell. Why is that link so expensive?
Here is a link for the same amount at a third of the price.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B016XVD8D0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_GKB4FbP63070X

#3785 3 years ago

Idk about US Amazon but for Canada thats
$199.48 vs. $64.00
(6.2oz)

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Holy hell. Why is that link so expensive?
Here is a link for the same amount at a third of the price.
amazon.com link »

Must be some weird currency conversion or shipping cost issue. That P21S is $59.95 USD ($77.22 CAD) at that link. No idea why you're seeing like $200 in Canada. 3 beers and it looks good, eh?

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Must be some weird currency conversion or shipping cost issue. That P21S is $59.95 USD ($77.22 CAD) at that link. No idea why you're seeing like $200 in Canada. 3 beers and it looks good, eh?

Idk. Amazon is effed. This is what i see when i click on the link.

Screenshot_20201222-045839_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201222-045839_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Yeah, that's not what you see in the US. It's $59.95USD when I click that link down here in COVID-land.

#3789 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

At least you don't have to pay $100 usd for shipping!

20201222_210710 (resized).jpg20201222_210710 (resized).jpg
#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I finish with a lambswool bonnet on a cordless drill

Any recommendations or anything I should be concerned about?

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Love your AIQ beside your other Avengers pin! I'm contemplating picking the original back up myself. Two awesome pins that's for sure. Enjoy and agreed the art blades look great on this pin. Waiting for my Premium but have the blades ready to go once it comes in.

Thanks! I really love the original TAV, though I know I am one of it's few big fans. It took a heck of a lot of tweaking and adjusting to play right, but it's really a fun machine when done. I am very happy to have them together.

Quoted from dougPDX:

Where did you get the blades? Have not seen them on Stern... Looks great!

They are the official Stern ones. I got mine from Pinball Life, but I'm pretty sure Marco and the other usual places would have them.

#3792 3 years ago

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Got a Premium NIB yesterday. Man does it shoot smooth and fast with combos everywhere! Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, might be my new favorite shot in pinball. The orbit into ramp i didnt even know was there until i played it. Took about 30-40 minutes to pull the 2 wire rails and plastics to stick a washer under ant-man ball rail but at least its out of the way and dont have to worry about it. Is there any other wear spots i need to fix?

Thor ball guide.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thor ball guide.

Thanks Ler ill get on it today! Only played 2 games on it late last night so im sure no damage yet. It sucks that Stern doesnt fix these known spots in the factory but at least team Pinside is here to save the day, lol! Just grabbed Stern art blades, shaker, and purple superbands from Marco.

#3795 3 years ago

Nice that you enjoy the plastic on the CM ramp, make sure its supported by the wire on top.
Hard rejects are gone, but you still have to aim well.

I still have a problem with my center ramp when shooting from a right inlane feed, but no problems with cradled balls.
About 1/4 of the shots won't make it up the ramp even if the ball is right in the middle. I feel like shooting the ramp more to the left supports more flipper power, and more than often they really go up easily.
I checked out the EOS, but everything is fine down there

I am not sure if its just because i shoot a littlebit too early. the strange thing is, that sometimes i am able to even hit the thor newton ball from an inlane feed with full force.
anyone got an idea or in depth knowledge and wants to share?

#3796 3 years ago

Hoping we get a nice new code update from Stern for the holidays...

Thanos Santa.jpgThanos Santa.jpg
#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I'm relatively new to the pinball owners club, but I've found Vid1900 as the ultimate resource for this type of thing. Not to say the other waxes being recommended don't work but... I went with Vid's recommendation:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/2#post-2657721
https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

That jar will last longer than I willl...

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks Ler ill get on it today! Only played 2 games on it late last night so im sure no damage yet. It sucks that Stern doesnt fix these known spots in the factory but at least team Pinside is here to save the day, lol! Just grabbed Stern art blades, shaker, and purple superbands from Marco.

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m a little concerned about the right side of the marvel ramp, but don’t see any issues right now. looks like a bear to remove.

i was wondering if both sides of the Thor guides need done or just the orbit side. I think ill just pull both and i seen the marvel ramp your talking about ill probably pull it also. Id hate for there to be any preventable playfield wear that i could of prevented. Ill let you know how long it takes to pull that ramp.

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I still have a problem with my center ramp when shooting from a right inlane feed, but no problems with cradled balls.
About 1/4 of the shots won't make it up the ramp even if the ball is right in the middle. I feel like shooting the ramp more to the left supports more flipper power, and more than often they really go up easily.
I checked out the EOS, but everything is fine down there
I am not sure if its just because i shoot a littlebit too early.

I had the exact same issue. Did a slow-mo video on my right inlane and the ball wasn't exiting the wire form cleanly. It would bounce around down the lane, resulting in a non-perfect hit off the flipper, hence the lack of velocity up the center ramp. (This would explain why you don't have the problem when cradling.) I simply loosened the wire form where it meets the inline made slight tweaks left/right to get the ball to cleanly land and track in the lane.

Hope that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,999 (Firm)
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.